6.7

Baylor

Heber Dunaway works in 1 office at

8585 Picardy Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70809

I truly believe [Dr. Herber Dunaway] wants to help each and every patient to get pregnant. He has a kind and warm spirit and is detailed and willing to give answers to all questions. I really wanted to have a follow-up call, but I haven't yet received one. I'm not sure if it's customary for their office to give one...I went through the InvoCell procedure. There were blood tests, ultrasounds, and low-dose hormone meds, etc...Ask everything you want to ask and bring something to write it down with/on.
They are very fast, efficient, and clean [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans]. The nurse who draws blood is amazing. I had some timely call-back issues in the beginning, but that seemed to work out toward the end of my treatment. I felt pressed/rushed through the process at times, and that gave me anxiety...I felt that the bedside manner of the nurses with whom I dealt with during the egg retrieval was amazing versus the bedside manner of the nurse I dealt with for the preliminary testing phase.
How was your experience with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I truly believe Dr. Dunaway wants to help each and every patient to get pregnant. He has a kind and warm spirit and is detailed and willing to give answers to all questions. I really wanted to have a follow-up call, but I haven't yet received one. I'm not sure if it's customary for their office to give one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Ask everything you want to ask and bring something to write it down with/on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the protocols Heber Dunaway used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: I saw Jackie and Simone/Holly.)
I felt a bit rushed in dealing with Jackie.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They are very fast, efficient, and clean. The nurse who draws blood is amazing. I had some timely call-back issues in the beginning, but that seemed to work out toward the end of my treatment. I felt pressed/rushed through the process at times, and that gave me anxiety.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I was told before my retrieval and Invocell implantation that my husband did not need to be present with his sample, but that I could bring it within an hour of collection from home, which worked out because my husband really needed to work that day. Upon examination, I was told that he really should've been there for another sample. I was instantly devastated and lost hope.
Baton Rouge

I felt he was candid yet sympathetic... We have not yet been successful but I have been very pleased with Dr. Dunaway. He is to the point yet sympathetic. He immediately diagnosed me with a pituitary tumor, which my gyno had overlooked.... Once I was cleared we started Letrozol plus trigger shots and IUI. I had cysts both times so I was put on birth control for 2 weeks to suppress growth before Letrozol was started.
I have been very pleased. They [Fertility Institute of New Orleans - Nursing Staff] answer all my questions and have helped in every way possible.... $895 cycle fee for Letrozol, does not include cost of medication, $575 for IUI, plus cost for additional ultrasounds of bloodwork needed outside of the cycle....With me, due to having cysts, I needed additional blood work and ultrasounds that we’re not included in my cycle fee so that was a bit upsetting but it is what it is.
We have not yet been successful but I have been very pleased with Dr. Dunaway. He is to the point yet sympathetic. He immediately diagnosed me with a pituitary tumor, which my gyno had overlooked. We are on my second round of Letrozol plus IUI now.
I felt he was candid yet sympathetic
Diagnosed with a pituitary tumor, went to see eye dr., endocrinologist, and neurosurgeon to ensure i didn’t currently need the tumor removed. Once I was cleared we started Letrozol plus trigger shots and IUI. I had cysts both times so I was put on birth control for 2 weeks to suppress growth before Letrozol was started.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I have been very pleased. They answer all my questions and have helped in every way possible.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I would just say that it always ends up costing more than you originally expect. With me, due to having cysts, I needed additional blood work and ultrasounds that we’re not included in my cycle fee so that was a bit upsetting but it is what it is.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
2013 - 2018, Successful
They [nurses at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] relayed information promptly. She wasn't as compassionate as I would have liked during my losses...They have recently started doing single embryo transfers. I very much dislike this! It makes it more expensive for patients...He [Dr. Heber Dunaway] was very kind and had a positive attitude that we would get pregnant and deliver healthy babies. He never got discouraged...He was great except that we didn't see him during the cycle. All commication was done through the nurse. I didn't like that. I was always called with results at an appropriate time frame but wish he would have checked in with me leading up to IUI...Started BC the month before the cycle. We did gonal f and Lupron. Then usually triggered with ovidrel. Stayed on progesterone until a positive pregnancy test.
Have patience and trust that he knows what he's doing. He wants you to get pregnant too.
He was very kind and had a positive attitude that we would get pregnant and deliver healthy babies. He never got discouraged
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
They relayed information promptly. She wasn't as compassionate as I would have liked during my losses.
Describe Heber Dunaway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They have recently started doing single embryo transfers. I very much dislike this! It makes it more expensive for patients. It also reduces your chances of a pregnancy. It might be a reason to seek treatment elsewhere.
2020, Consult
He provided great resources on alternatives to conception. His knowledge about latest technology and research was evident. Dr. Huber understood my views about IVF as a Catholic and mentioned why this choice is an option...[eSET approach] He was brief but indicated 2 single embryo transfers...I had a Virtual Visit for shy of 1 hour.
Due to COVID-19 I only interacted with [Fertility Institute of NO] nurses via phone and email. They responded quick to my request for medical records...The cost was over 10k...During COVID-19 the clinic used time wisely to accept new patients. A Fertility Assessment was unable to be completed due to clinic shutdown. The clinic was unable to schedule appointments on-site due to COVID-19.
Don't leave your consult visit without resources.
I had a Virtual Visit for shy of 1 hour.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Susie)
Due to COVID-19 I only interacted with nurses via phone and email. They responded quick to my request for medical records.
The cost was over 10k.
He was brief but indicated 2 single embryo transfers.
Metairie

2016 - 2019, Successful
After our first failed transfer, Dr. Dunaway adjusted course for our next IVF cycle and paid close attention to my treatment. I overly responded to the meds and for our second cycle he was very cautious and lowered my dosage and monitored closely. ... For our first transfer we were allowed to transfer 2 but for this round he is saying we can only transfer 1 embryo. ...
The clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is well run. For early morning labs they run efficiently and get you in and out. ... Friendly staff who work to check in with you and have a conversation. ... They are accommodating with schedules as needed, which is nice. ... The nurses are very understanding and listen to the questions I have. ... Medicines, consult, ultrasound/labs, scratch, hsg and actual IVF retrieval and travsfer
The nurses are very understanding and listen to the questions I have.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is well run. For early morning labs they run efficiently and get you in and out. They are accommodating with schedules as needed, which is nice. Friendly staff who work to check in with you and have a conversation.