Medical SchoolColumbia
ResidencyMount Sinai
FellowshipWalter Reed
401 E Chestnut St #410
Louisville, KY 40202
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Henry Bohler to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Louisville Women's Healthcare to a friend?
Anovulation, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. Bohler is an incredibly nice and sensitive man. He listened to me and my husbands wants and needs. He may not look you directly in the eye which can throw one off, but his responses let you know he was taking it all in.... My husband and I did 5 rounds of clomid with times intercourse. They would do a baseline ultrasound between cycle day 3-5. If no cysts, they would prescribe 5 days of 100mg of clomid. I would take that cycle days 3-7. I would start my ovulation predictor kits at CD 9. I would typically get a positive ovulation on CD 14-15. We were instructed to have intercourse the day of the positive ovulation test and then the two days following.
Anovulation, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Henry Bohler at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Henry Bohler at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
I would probably tell them to take it all in and just feel him out, see if he is for you and your needs. Everybody is different and have different experiences. But as a RE, I personally think he is a great one.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Henry Bohler at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare?
I feel like Dr. Bohler really listened to me. When it came to finances, he tried to help us as much as possible. It is a teaching hospital and the courtesy of all the Fellows and residents was nice as well.
Describe the protocols Henry Bohler used in your cycles at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
I had questions and emailed the nurse and got a prompt response. Also, I called with questions and they answered them in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
The beginning process is very tedious and stressful. Everything has to be in order to proceed. It takes time and I was just thinking “I’m ready to get pregnant ASAP” not knowing the beginning process was so in depth and a little long. Hang in there until you complete that and it was smoothe sailing from there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Henry Bohler at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
On our first visit we were given the prices for IUI and the cost of our baseline ultrasounds, everything we talked about that was financially possible for us. Well, until we saw the cost of IUI.
Describe Henry Bohler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Louisville
Dr Bohler and his office couldn’t ever give us a straight story about how the process worked. We had problems getting our lining to grow and he just kept trying the same medications never once considering that maybe we needed a different approach from the norm....Completed surgery to remove a uterine polyp to get a “clean slate” for implantation. After retrieval, oral estrogen and then Letrozol were given in monotony varying doses for 8 months with no change in success with growth of the uterine lining.
Process was extremely unorganized and we got 5 different stories about how the whole process was supposed to work in the first 5 months working with him. Never got straight answers and never had any resolution in the lack of communication.
Go somewhere else!
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Louisville Women's Healthcare. (Assigned nurse: Yvonne)
Seemed to never know what was going on and repeatedly gave us incorrect information resulting in false hope and poor planning.
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Poor communication all around. We discussed our intent to do PGD for Huntington’s at our first visit. 2 months later we paid for the cycle of IVF. 2 months after that they came back and said we owed another $1500 for the biopsy for the PGD that they forgot to charge us for. Never got s straight answer on how the process was supposed to work and the story changed 5 times in the first 5 months.
$10,000 to UL, $6000 for medications, cost of US that we’re not covered by insurance, and cost if surgery not covered by insurance.
They would allow up to 2 embryos implanted at a time. We only had one to implant.
Louisville
I felt like a number with him [Dr. Bohler]. He was mostly just checking what his Fellows/Residents said was correct. Leaving all of the work to them. He was polite but didn't seem to show compassion for the very difficult time we were having...I never felt like there was a cohesive plan for my care. I managed all of the follow-up and spent more time with his residents/Fellows than him. While that wasn't an issue I didn't feel like anyone was an advocate for me. I was doing it all alone.
I felt like a number with him. He was mostly just checking what his Fellows/Residents said was correct. Leaving all of the work to them. He was polite but didn't seem to show compassion for the very difficult time we were having.
If you don't feel like they are explaining everything to you then ask until you are satisfied.
No major strategy was given. Just steps in order to have procedures but no real plan.
Friendly enough but there wasn't 1 person on charge so I never felt like I was getting consistent info.
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
Nice that there were 2 locations. New location was much nicer than downtown location. At downtown you often has to check-in in the regular OB office which was full of pregnant people and their children. Not optimal for a person who was not in that situation. It almost felt like it was being rubbed in your face.
$500 for IUI
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Bohler seemed to dismiss my infertility issues and stated several times I was still young (32 at that time) so shouldn't worry....He didn't engage on a personal level and made me feel like my concerns were minimal. He was quick during all appointments and always seemed rushed... I was told I would have a full review with pictures/explanation at my post op appointment. I received neither and did not even see him only a RN and Doctoral student...
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I waited for months to get an appointment with Dr. Bohler only to feel worse after the appointment. He didn't engage on a personal level and made me feel like my concerns were minimal. He was quick during all appointments and always seemed rushed or behind in his schedule
Go to another clinic or doctor
Dr. Bohler seemed to dismiss my infertility issues and stated several times I was still young (32 at that time) so shouldn't worry. I ended up having a laparoscopy to remove a uterine septum and tubal blockage. I was told I would have a full review with pictures/explanation at my post op appointment. I received neither and did not even see him only a RN and Doctoral student
Describe your experience with University of Louisville Women's Healthcare.
It took months to schedule an appointment. At each appointment I would wait close to an hour to be seen. Office is not very personal or welcoming with closed glass windows for staff. Focus appeared to be on how quickly they could get you in and out. Street parking that cost you during appointments
Was not billed for my 2015 surgery until 2017 with no explanation of why or how this occurred