6.6

Glen Burnie
203 Hospital Drive
Glen Burnie, MD 21061

Treated 2015
He [Dr. McClamrock] was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. .. he needs work in bedside manner...he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again...He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo....I stimulated my ovaries on follistim and menopur. I used a shot to stop ovulation and a HCG trigger shot.
Shady Grove is a very large clinic. That comes with positives and negatives. They have lots of knowledge behind them. They also can make you feel like one in about 1000. Although this can be daunting, I feel the overall success of the clinic far outweighs the negativity of it being such a large facility....I loved my nurse. She was extremely compassionate. I felt she was a good offset to the bluntness of the doctor. I cried when I “graduated” the clinic.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
As I said before, he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again. Shady Grove is a huge clinic, so I think that had something to do with the feelings I had with the clinic being so large.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
He’s blunt. Don’t take it personal. He knows his stuff, so trust him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. I am forever grateful to him because he helped us make our son, but he needs work in bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Howard McClamrock used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Pricilla )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility.
My ivf cycles were covered under insurance.
Describe Howard McClamrock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo.

Treated 2016
Dr. McClamrock is very matter of fact and direct, which can be a bit unsettling. But he knows what he is doing. He took time to answer all of my questions, although he did seem a little put out with all of the questions that I had....He recommended single embryo transfer....Although he can seem uncaring, he knows what he is doing....Dr. McClamrock is very matter of fact and direct....Easy to schedule, and calm inviting atmosphere.
Easy to schedule, and calm inviting atmosphere. Good sense of privacy. However, you cannot receive all services at the Baltimore Harbor office. You will go to Towson for certain procedures and for weekend monitoring visits....She [RN] was very caring and took time to answer all questions...we did shared risk, which was about $20,000, plus the cost of all tests before shared risk and medications for egg retrieval. In total, about $28,000.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Although he can seem uncaring, he knows what he is doing.
Dr. McClamrock is very matter of fact and direct.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
She was very caring and took time to answer all questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
He recommended single embryo transfer.