6.6

Glen Burnie
203 Hospital Drive
Glen Burnie, MD 21061

Treated 2011 - 2014
Strengths: excellent clinician [Dr. Howard McClamrock], plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic)...Expect a matter-of-fact approach, don't expect a lot of joking or small talk, but do expect to be impressed by his knowledge, skill, and concern as a clinician. He will go as far down the fertility road as he can justify and his patients want--and he's very good at what he does.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they [Shady Grove] have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive...My nurses with Dr. McClamrock were amazing--one even cried with me! Dr. M got us our results! I very much trusted in his clinical knowledge and experience. I initially found him less warm than I would have liked, but he grew on us through the years that we were under his care. Whenever I initiated a phone call or email, he was quick to respond.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Strengths: excellent clinician, plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Howard McClamrock used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
IUI w/ injections. Given my numbers initially, he suggested we at least try more conservatively. After our response to the stim meds w/ our 3rd IUI, he then suggested we do IVF. 1 hysteroscopy w/ polypectomy. 1 IVF W/ retrieval (9, 5 fertilized, 2 day-3 transferred)--negative. 1 other cycle that was cancelled after 2 weeks of stims due to poor ovarian response. We were advised to consider donor egg. 1st DE transfer (single embryo) negative. This surprised everyone and Dr. M brought us in for a consult. Cyst found in uterus, surgical intervention discussed, but it did not show up on follow-up ultrasounds. 2nd DE transfer (single embryo)--first blood test positive, then numbers started to decline. Very early m/c. D&C done to ensure good uterine lining and remove likelihood of cyclic cysts. 3rd DE transfer--my spouse, doctor, and I agreed that we should transfer 2 embryos. They both took! 2 healthy babies!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sonia Leasure)
Compassion, a hug when needed, available!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility.
Oh wow. We had limited IUI coverage and no IVF coverage. We were able to take advantage of Shady Grove's shared risk program once we were using DE. Overall, w/ meds, through multiple IUIs and IVFs, and out of pocket costs associated with gynecological surgeries, it was about $70k. They also offer financing and education on different options for those patients who have poor or no insurance coverage.
Describe Howard McClamrock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. M follows accepted professional guidelines. He took our history w/ multiple previous embryo transfers that did not result in pregnancy into consideration when we decided to transfer 2 on our 3rd attempt w/ DE.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
There was one incident where info from my RE was not sent over to my GYN prior to my visit. I showed up for a pre-op consult and there was no correspondence from my RE. This may have been a time issue. Adequate communication seemed to be in place after that was cleared up.
Treated 2013 - 2018
I have had very good experience with him [Dr. McClamrock]... He always covered everything and made sure I understood everything that was taking place during the time I was in the office. He also made my husband and I feel very comfortable even we were dealing with the miscarriages...He was very nice and explain everything to my husband and I to help us understand....Always there to help with any questions.
She [nurse at Shady Grove] was very nice. She treated me as if I was one if her own. She was very loving and kind. She also was there for my husband and I when we had the miscarriages. She was always rooting for us to complete the whole process. She was the best nurse I have ever had...Very welcome and friendly place. Always there to help with any questions. From the time we first started the process up until the day we took a break everyone is the office has giving up a great experience every time we showed up
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
I have had very good experience with him. He always covered everything and made sure I understood everything that was taking place during the time I was in the office. He also made my husband and I feel very comfortable even we were dealing with the miscarriages
Stick with it until the end
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
She was very nice. She treated me as if I was one if her own. She was very loving and kind. She also was there for my husband and I when we had the miscarriages. She was always rooting for us to complete the whole process. She was the best nurse I have ever had
Treated 2013 - 2015
Dr McClamrock is extremely caring - he checked in with me after my retrieval and always took the time to answer my questions...Dr McClamrock spent a lot of time with me answering my questions - I felt like my treatment was very personalized and I was very happy with the excellent care I received...Ask lots of questions - Dr McClamrock is happy to answer them!...
It is a large clinic [Shady Grove - Harbor], but Harbor is a small office. We went to Towson for major procedures...Priscilla was amazing - she was kind, funny and provided us with thorough instructions...
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask lots of questions - Dr McClamrock is happy to answer them!
I had a freeze all cycle due to ovarian hyperstimulation.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is a large clinic, but Harbor is a small office. We went to Towson for major procedures.