Johns Hopkins Medical Institute

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Miami
ResidencyJohns Hopkins
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
10753 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21093
410-583-2753
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Howard Zacur to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Johns Hopkins Medical Institute to a friend?
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Dr. Zacur clearly cares about his patients and goes out of his way to be available to his patients instead of letting the on-call/covering doctor in the practice handle things whenever possible. I suffered a miscarriage while under his care and the level of compassion he showed was amazing...Even though he is an older doctor with many years of experience, he is knowledgeable about most current research and standards of practice.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Howard Zacur at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute?
Dr. Zacur is outstanding. I completely trust him with my care and have complete confidence in his abilities. He is kind and compassionate but also very honest when necessary. He takes the time to make sure I understand and am comfortable with the treatment plan. Even though he is an older doctor with many years of experience, he is knowledgeable about most current research and standards of practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Howard Zacur at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute?
Describe the protocols Howard Zacur used in your cycles at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with a unicornuate uterus which limited my treatment options to only IVF. Dr. Zacur stressed the importance of reducing the risk of multiples and strongly recommended transferring only one embryo. I was on follistim, cetrotide and ovidrel. We did a retrieval and froze all embryos and did a frozen transfer later. Dr. Zacur recommends frozen over fresh transfers to his patients because he feels there is a better chance of success especially when your body has a chance to recover from stims and retrieval. I became pregnant after my first and only transfer but miscarried at 7 weeks. I am currently doing stims for another retrieval, we are planning to freeze all again and transfer an embryo in a later cycle.
The nursing staff are extremely efficient and reliable. I've had every question or request attended to promptly. The IVF classes taught by the nurses are so helpful.
Describe your experience with Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.
The clinic is run very efficiently. All of the staff have been fantastic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.
Ultrasounds and labs are done every day on a first come, first serve basis from 6:30-8:30 am. This has worked great for my schedule. The clinic moves through a large group of patients very efficiently yet you still feel like you are getting the individual attention you need. The nurses call you a few hours later after your lab results are in to update you on the plan/medication doses/next step.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard Zacur at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.
An IVF cycle not including medication costs about $11,000. A frozen embryo transfer is about half the cost of a full cycle. I am fortunate enough to have insurance coverage for fertility so I'm only paying co pays at this point.
Baltimore
He was kind and gentle bedside manner. He explained to me in detail his plan for me and I trust him. Dr Zacur was also very thorough and informative, also I felt like his regimen for me agreed perfectly to my natural cycle!... 50 mg of clomid cycle days 2-6 uncomfortable side effects from the clomid at such as hot flashes, headaches, major bloat/gas and cramps from cd 8 till ovulation! They were uncomfortable but not unbearable and to my understanding those are pretty common effects and I was lowest dosage. I reacted great to meds peoduced 2 mature eggs one on each side and I ovulated on my own , no need for trigger shot.
How was your experience with Howard Zacur at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard Zacur at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute?
Stay positive
My experience was pretty neutral
Quick, efficient
Describe your experience with Johns Hopkins Medical Institute.
They are a great staff quick and efficient. They also always return my calls and I’ve never had a issue at anytime with my care. The staff is kind and joyful which is contagious! I also like the music in the waiting area because I’m usually balked up with nervousness so it’s a welcoming distraction
I don’t know specifics off the top of my head but it was covered 80% by my insurance company