Not available by email
Medical SchoolTemple
ResidencyLenox Hill Hosp
FellowshipEducation & Training
1625 Third Avenue
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hugh Melnick to a friend?

5.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Services to a friend?
2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
He made sure that I received pre-treatment blood work to determine if I needed to take a closer a look at my thyroid as possibly being a factor in my infertility...Dr Melnick was open to new and innovative techniques before other doctors were. He seemed knowledgeable on the latest infertility treatments. He also was very patient with all of my questions and didn't rush the appointments...
2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
Do your research and write down all your questions before going to see him. Take notes
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
Describe the protocols Hugh Melnick used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Services and their degree of success.
We discussed ovarian rejuvenation after several months on a thyroid treatment in order to balance a hypo thyroid issue I was having.
They were pleasant and straight to the point.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Services.
The clinic itself seemed a little dated and not that clean. I saw a dead bug in the changing room which distracted me during the remaining part of the consultation. The surgical facility seemed newer and cleaner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services.
$2500 for the rejuvenation procedure but it would have included anesthesia.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Melnick was knowledgeable, pleasant and explained instructions well. It was disappointing each time I was not pregnant but He tried. He was pleasant and professional. He was usually punctual. He took time with instructions...He transferred one embryo for most of the IVF...While my embryos were considered excellent they did not implant. He was never able to confirm why. I think Dr. Melnick is resilient, and determined to satisfy his patients. I would hope he will try all the new techniques now available. I have one last chance of IVF with my Husband sperms but I am unable to afford it. I am sure he will continue to be pleasant and professional.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services?
Ask as many questions as you need to.
Most of my treatment was done after my I had tragic circumstances in 2016 I did Major Surgery for fibroids May 27, 2016. May 28, 2016 my Husband Cris took me home, May 29, 2016 my Husband felt sick and was rushed to Brookdale Hospital where he passed away the next day May 30, 2016. Following this my Dad passed September 11, 2016. While my embryos were considered excellent they did not implant. He was never able to confirm why. I think Dr. Melnick is resilient, and determined to satisfy his patients. I would hope he will try all the new techniques now available. I have one last chance of IVF with my Husband sperms but I am unable to afford it. I am sure he will continue to be pleasant and professional.
I used birth control to start then Lupron and other medications.
Shana Gordon was an exceptional Nurse. She went above and beyond to make sure all went well with medications and visits.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Services.
The staff is excellent. Communication is good. Appointments are made according to each person's situation. Overall great experience. You will expect a good outcome with treatment you feel positive. The facility is comfortable.
Some were ok. Some was expensive because I am a disabled Veteran who self pay and did loans due to no insurance coverage.
Describe Hugh Melnick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Services.
He transferred one embryo for most of the IVF.
Advanced Fertility Services

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services.