Strongly recommend: 100%9.9

Ijeoma Okeigwe works at

80 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612

2021, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, was kind, warm, caring, professional, and treated me with humanity. For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility...As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful...But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away...
Melanie and Ann [nurses at Spring Fertility] were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional...All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000...all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do...For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful. We are treated differently, and I’ve always had to fight to get proper health care. At first, I was so nervous about this procedure because I hate needles, and I didn't know if I would be treated like a human being. I’ve wanted to freeze my eggs for a while because I haven’t found my life partner yet. So, I wanted to make sure that I had options for my future. Thank you to everyone at Oakland Spring Fertility for giving me such a fantastic experience. But, I especially want to thank Dr. Okeigwe for guiding me through the process of freezing my eggs. She’s a GEM, and it’s so rare to find a Black fertility doctor. I was and still am ECSTATIC that she was my doctor! She took such great care of me, and I was informed every step of the way of who, what, where, and why of everything I needed to know. Dr. Okeigwe even helped me heal a trigger. I had an abortion when I was 20 years old, and unfortunately, the doctor and nurses treated me like an animal and pinned me down while they did the procedure. So from there on, every time I went to an OBGYN and put my legs up, I would go into shock from that experience. I never thought that trigger was going to be healed. But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away. It got to the point where I would come in for a check-up, and we would laugh, and before I knew it, I was already lying down, looking up at all of my eggs progressing. This is why representation matters, and I know for a fact that I would not have received a better experience anywhere else. Give this woman a raise and hire more diverse fertility doctors!✨
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Get ready to have all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melanie, Ann Marie, and everyone who shot me in the arm were wonderful!)
Melanie and Ann were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I give Spring Fertility a 1000 percent with strengths! The only weakness was me not getting a survey after my procedure to brag even more about the facility and doctors that took such great care of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility.
All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000.

2021, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe never seemed rushed. She listened to all my concerns and addressed them. She seemed genuinely interested in my success and wellbeing: she paid close attention to my experience all along the process and adjusted my protocols accordingly. She was meticulous with things like measuring follicles - she was more accurate than one of the other doctors I saw for a monitoring appointment.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing...They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources...The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
With Dr. Okeigwe, I felt like I was in really good hands all throughout the egg freezing process. She made sure I was taking all the necessary steps to prevent OHSS. Her calm presence was very reassuring during the actual retrieval: this was my first operation and I went in with some anxiety. I felt that she was a very good source of knowledge and I fully felt like I could trust her judgement. She provided excellent care!
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Aygestin priming, FSH + menopur, cetrotide, lupron-only trigger, cabergaline. All of these worked well and prevented OHSS even though I had a lot of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing: I came to expect friendly, warm staff at every visit and was never disappointed. They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was great. The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of. I wasn't able to get a hold of the on-call doctor they said to contact if need be by calling the main line after hours but I may have chosen the wrong options.
Costs were covered by Progyny.
Oakland
[Palo Alto Medical Foundation's] strengths is they work with your schedule and trust you to know what is going on with your own body. The nurses are pleasant and straight to the point. I wish the waiting room was more relaxing and less chaotic...With my DOR- she [Dr. Ijeoma Okeigwe] wanted to start with iui with clomid and fsh injections...Doctor was very hopeful and confident in her ability to give us the results we want. She was very informative and answered every question I had. I wish she was more compassionate and gentle upfront, but was once I expressed my concerns and fear with her...
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Ask tons of questions!
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
With my DOR- she wanted to start with iui with clomid and fsh injections.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Clinics strengths is they work with your schedule and trust you to know what is going on with your own body. The nurses are pleasant and straight to the point. I wish the waiting room was more relaxing and less chaotic.