Strongly recommend: 100%9.8

Ijeoma Okeigwe works in 1 office at

80 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612

2021, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, was kind, warm, caring, professional, and treated me with humanity. For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility...As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful...But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away...
Melanie and Ann [nurses at Spring Fertility] were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional...All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000...all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do...For once, I got to be a real patient, feel safe with someone who looked like me, and know that I was getting the best care possible. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Okeigwe and Oakland Spring Fertility.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
As a Black woman, seeking excellent healthcare has always been stressful. We are treated differently, and I’ve always had to fight to get proper health care. At first, I was so nervous about this procedure because I hate needles, and I didn't know if I would be treated like a human being. I’ve wanted to freeze my eggs for a while because I haven’t found my life partner yet. So, I wanted to make sure that I had options for my future. Thank you to everyone at Oakland Spring Fertility for giving me such a fantastic experience. But, I especially want to thank Dr. Okeigwe for guiding me through the process of freezing my eggs. She’s a GEM, and it’s so rare to find a Black fertility doctor. I was and still am ECSTATIC that she was my doctor! She took such great care of me, and I was informed every step of the way of who, what, where, and why of everything I needed to know. Dr. Okeigwe even helped me heal a trigger. I had an abortion when I was 20 years old, and unfortunately, the doctor and nurses treated me like an animal and pinned me down while they did the procedure. So from there on, every time I went to an OBGYN and put my legs up, I would go into shock from that experience. I never thought that trigger was going to be healed. But, because Dr. Okeigwe listened to my story, answered all my questions, and equipped me with all of my options, the trigger began to go away. It got to the point where I would come in for a check-up, and we would laugh, and before I knew it, I was already lying down, looking up at all of my eggs progressing. This is why representation matters, and I know for a fact that I would not have received a better experience anywhere else. Give this woman a raise and hire more diverse fertility doctors!✨
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Get ready to have all of your options explained to you with great care and to be surrounded by people who love what they do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melanie, Ann Marie, and everyone who shot me in the arm were wonderful!)
Melanie and Ann were very bubbly, caring, informative, and professional.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I give Spring Fertility a 1000 percent with strengths! The only weakness was me not getting a survey after my procedure to brag even more about the facility and doctors that took such great care of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility.
All together for 1 cycle of egg freezing/retrieval it was about $10,000.

2021, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Okeigwe never seemed rushed. She listened to all my concerns and addressed them. She seemed genuinely interested in my success and wellbeing: she paid close attention to my experience all along the process and adjusted my protocols accordingly. She was meticulous with things like measuring follicles - she was more accurate than one of the other doctors I saw for a monitoring appointment.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing...They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources...The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of.
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
With Dr. Okeigwe, I felt like I was in really good hands all throughout the egg freezing process. She made sure I was taking all the necessary steps to prevent OHSS. Her calm presence was very reassuring during the actual retrieval: this was my first operation and I went in with some anxiety. I felt that she was a very good source of knowledge and I fully felt like I could trust her judgement. She provided excellent care!
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Aygestin priming, FSH + menopur, cetrotide, lupron-only trigger, cabergaline. All of these worked well and prevented OHSS even though I had a lot of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The staff at Spring in Oakland are amazing: I came to expect friendly, warm staff at every visit and was never disappointed. They never missed an update or call to see how things were going. The care was well-organized, thorough and tailored for me. I appreciated the patient education resources.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic was great. The wait was never more than 10 minutes to be seen (usually less) and appointments went very smoothly. Their care-team system is very effective and the staff is very communicative and easy to get a hold of. I wasn't able to get a hold of the on-call doctor they said to contact if need be by calling the main line after hours but I may have chosen the wrong options.
Costs were covered by Progyny.
IUI With Other Docs
[Palo Alto Medical Foundation's] strengths is they work with your schedule and trust you to know what is going on with your own body. The nurses are pleasant and straight to the point. I wish the waiting room was more relaxing and less chaotic...With my DOR- she [Dr. Ijeoma Okeigwe] wanted to start with iui with clomid and fsh injections...Doctor was very hopeful and confident in her ability to give us the results we want. She was very informative and answered every question I had. I wish she was more compassionate and gentle upfront, but was once I expressed my concerns and fear with her...
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ijeoma Okeigwe at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Ask tons of questions!
Describe the protocols Ijeoma Okeigwe used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
With my DOR- she wanted to start with iui with clomid and fsh injections.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Clinics strengths is they work with your schedule and trust you to know what is going on with your own body. The nurses are pleasant and straight to the point. I wish the waiting room was more relaxing and less chaotic.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr.Okeigwe was very thorough with explaining the process, possible outcomes due to age, genetics and retrieval and fertilization. She answered all questions throughout the entire process. Very friendly and compassionate...always friendly, compassionate and took the time to explain the process multiple times over. They never displayed any frustrations with the constant questions, my hesitancy and fully supported my decisions to start, wait and restart my complete process...
Overall the Spring Fertility East Bay clinic office staff was very friendly, displayed compassion, informative and followed up with care promptly. Upon entering I was greeted with a smile, checked in and offered a snack while I wait. The time from check in to being seen was less than 5 min...When I paused the cycle after egg retrieval, I wasn’t informed by finance that there would be an additional cost when I started back up. I ended up paying close to an additional $4k more...
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask/ address any questions/concerns. She will not make you feel stupid for asking.
Dr.Okeigwe and her staff were always friendly, compassionate and took the time to explain the process multiple times over. They never displayed any frustrations with the constant questions, my hesitancy and fully supported my decisions to start, wait and restart my complete process.
I believe in total I was on a combination of 4-5 medications. My hormone injection went a little longer than expected but Dr. Okeigwe explained that she wanted the eggs to be similar in size which will produce a good amount of viable follicles… which happened.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lauren or Laurel)
The support staff was very informative and provided great support. The nursing staff listened to my needs in regards to needles and passed it along the staff where I didn’t have to explain every time to a different nurse/ phlebotomist.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I was usually given a date with a few times that was available that I could choose from
$4400 unlimited meds $675 initial consult and ultra sound $1000 saline ?? $17,985 for cycle and egg retrieval $~10,000 for embryo thaw, genetic testing and transfer $900 for 2 additional ultrasounds once pregnancy was confirmed
Describe Ijeoma Okeigwe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Due to my age and hypertension I was informed that single embryo approach would be the best fit for me in which I totally agree. I was informed that the best embryo would be used, in which it was and was a success on the first transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
When I paused the cycle after egg retrieval, I wasn’t informed by finance that there would be an additional cost when I started back up. I ended up paying close to an additional $4k more and when I inquired about it I was only told to look at a sheet with specific date ( which was a cost form given to me when I continued the cycle) which only added the new cost , there was no explanation of why the cost was there. And after every conversation I was referred to look back at the same sheet which was constantly changed after speaking/emailing staff. For a while it was a bit confusing because I printed out the sheet when I first received it and was looking at the printed form when I was referred to look at it. Only then when I decided to look online I noticed that the sheet was continuously changing, when the new change should have had an updated date on it not a previous one.

2022 - 2023, Successful
I never felt rushed, Dr Okeigwe always answered all my questions and showed compassion. I only wish she could have performed all my procedures so that maybe we could have found the polyp sooner...Natural/Letrozole Protocol...No advice about Spring or Dr Okeigwe, only advice, more transparency, about how long of a process IVF is...Really great, clean clinic, staff was always nice! I never had an issues with contacting the clinic, having appointments...
Megan [nurse at Spring Fertility] was the MVP of this process. I talked to Megan more than any other staff member. She was very kind, responsive and easy to talk to me. I would have had much more anxiety and confusion around the whole process without Megan...Really great, clean clinic, staff was always nice! I never had an issues with contacting the clinic, having appointments, etc. I also really appreciated the clean bathrooms and available snacks for when I had my blood drawn...
How was your experience with Ijeoma Okeigwe at Spring Fertility?
Nothing but good things to say. I never felt rushed, Dr Okeigwe always answered all my questions and showed compassion. I only wish she could have performed all my procedures so that maybe we could have found the polyp sooner.
Everyone was so kind, responsive and did everything to keep me informed and working towards our goal.
Natural/Letrozole Protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Megan Crowe)
Megan was the MVP of this process. I talked to Megan more than any other staff member. She was very kind, responsive and easy to talk to me. I would have had much more anxiety and confusion around the whole process without Megan.
Around $40,000
Our preference was one.

2022, 29 Eggs Frozen
273 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Okeigwe is so warm and personable. She took over my care while my doctor was out for a conference and the transition was seamless. She did a phenomenal job performing my procedure and made sure I had medication to help with OHSS...performed my egg retrieval procedure. She did a phenomenal job of explaining everything that would happen before the procedure and then again, just before the procedure. She's a wonderful doctor.
Spring is a great clinic. The facilities are new and up to date. The staff is incredibly friendly and prompt--I never waited longer than 2-3 minutes for my appointment. I had a great experience working with Spring...Dr. Okeigwe performed my egg retrieval procedure. She did a phenomenal job of explaining everything that would happen before the procedure and then again, just before the procedure. She's a wonderful doctor.