Ilana Ressler

Sher Fertility of Connecticut

Doctor available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolCase Western
ResidencyU. of Illinois
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
Trumbull
100 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ilana Ressler to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of Connecticut to a friend?
Ilana [Ressler] was very thorough and explained all options. I received a follow up email after every appointment summarizing what was discussed. I felt confident in Dr. Ressler's recommendations, though felt that personality wise, she was not super warm... The one thing that went wrong was that they never prescribed my trigger injection and only realized the day before I was supposed to take it.
How was your experience with Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services?
Ilana was very thorough and explained all options. I received a follow up email after every appointment summarizing what was discussed. I felt confident in Dr. Ressler's recommendations, though felt that personality wise, she was not super warm.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services?
Ask all your questions!
Describe the protocols Ilana Ressler used in your cycles at New York Fertility Services and their degree of success.
I had been to a doctor previously who felt that symptoms should be treated, so I was on meds to regulate blood-sugar, even though the levels weren't tested. Ilana Ressler immediately told me to stop the treatment until we determined what the issues were. Once I was tested, she explained that the levels were fine and the meds were unnecessary. Dr ressler prescribed Menopur and then timed intercourse after taking an injection to trigger ovulation. I was monitored daily/every other day while taking Menopur (injections) and she increased amounts based on hormone levels. Thankfully, the cycle was successful and I have a beautiful daughter :)
When I was there I felt that there was a lot of turnover. At one point, a nurse drawing my blood said it was her first time doing so, and after a try or 2 she went to get the PA to draw my blood. I felt that the nurse who explained how to do the injections could have been clearer. Overall., they were nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New York Fertility Services.
Nice, clean environment with a smiling face greeting you at the desk. Never long wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services.
They took insurance, so I was only billed copays.
What specific things went wrong at New York Fertility Services?
Ilana Ressler