Sher Fertility of Connecticut

FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
Trumbull
100 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ilana Ressler to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of Connecticut to a friend?
Dr. Ressler was very welcoming...She asked relevant questions but also asked other conversational questions as well. She was thorough in explaining potential causes of infertility and didn't question our belief that IVF was the appropriate course of treatment for us. She respected our comments and was very personable and friendly yet still completely professional...was very clear and concise in explaining next steps for us, including what diagnostic testing we should do as well as explaining the process of the various treatments, IUI, IVF etc.
A full IVF cycle [at RMA of Connecticut] was quoted to us for $15,900, and additional diagnostics testing on top of that...Beautiful lobby, friendly front desk staff, relaxing atmosphere, spacious and well decorated. Everyone we encountered was friendly and welcoming. The clinic, including the bathroom were all clean, well organized and warm...[nurse] was friendly, informative and answered all our many questions about the diagnostics testing and treatment procedures. She wasn't rushed and seemed to care about helping us feel comfortable and not stressed about the next steps.
How was your experience with Ilana Ressler at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Ressler was very welcoming and out us at ease. She asked relevant questions but also asked other conversational questions as well. She was thorough in explaining potential causes of infertility and didn't question our belief that IVF was the appropriate course of treatment for us. She respected our comments and was very personable and friendly yet still completely professional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ilana Ressler at RMA of Connecticut?
I had a really great experience with Dr. Ressler, and basically I would just advise someone to relax, tell her anything that may be relevant and definitely ask questions if something doesn't make sense to you (for any doctor really).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ilana Ressler at RMA of Connecticut?
She was kind, informative, and efficient but not rushed. It felt as though she really cared and was quick to answer any of our questions.
Describe the protocols Ilana Ressler used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
I have currently only had the initial consultation. Dr. Ressler was very clear and concise in explaining next steps for us, including what diagnostic testing we should do as well as explaining the process of the various treatments, IUI, IVF etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Judit Ordogh, RN)
Judit was friendly, informative and answered all our many questions about the diagnostics testing and treatment procedures. She wasn't rushed and seemed to care about helping us feel comfortable and not stressed about the next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ilana Ressler at RMA of Connecticut.
I have only completed the consultation so far, which after going through insurance will most likely be around $350. A full IVF cycle was quoted to us for $15,900, and additional diagnostics testing on top of that.
RMA of Connecticut
Norwalk
+ Read more- Read less

Ilana [Ressler] was very thorough and explained all options. I received a follow up email after every appointment summarizing what was discussed. I felt confident in Dr. Ressler's recommendations, though felt that personality wise, she was not super warm... The one thing that went wrong was that they never prescribed my trigger injection and only realized the day before I was supposed to take it.
When I was there [at New York Fertility Services] I felt that there was a lot of turnover. At one point, a nurse drawing my blood said it was her first time doing so, and after a try or 2 she went to get the PA to draw my blood. I felt that the nurse who explained how to do the injections could have been clearer. Overall, they were nice and compassionate.
How was your experience with Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services?
Ilana was very thorough and explained all options. I received a follow up email after every appointment summarizing what was discussed. I felt confident in Dr. Ressler's recommendations, though felt that personality wise, she was not super warm.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services?
Ask all your questions!
Describe the protocols Ilana Ressler used in your cycles at New York Fertility Services and their degree of success.
I had been to a doctor previously who felt that symptoms should be treated, so I was on meds to regulate blood-sugar, even though the levels weren't tested. Ilana Ressler immediately told me to stop the treatment until we determined what the issues were. Once I was tested, she explained that the levels were fine and the meds were unnecessary. Dr ressler prescribed Menopur and then timed intercourse after taking an injection to trigger ovulation. I was monitored daily/every other day while taking Menopur (injections) and she increased amounts based on hormone levels. Thankfully, the cycle was successful and I have a beautiful daughter :)
When I was there I felt that there was a lot of turnover. At one point, a nurse drawing my blood said it was her first time doing so, and after a try or 2 she went to get the PA to draw my blood. I felt that the nurse who explained how to do the injections could have been clearer. Overall., they were nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New York Fertility Services.
Nice, clean environment with a smiling face greeting you at the desk. Never long wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services.
They took insurance, so I was only billed copays.
What specific things went wrong at New York Fertility Services?
New York Fertility Services
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services.