Ina Cholst

Weill Cornell Medical College

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyYale
FellowshipColumbia
Upper East Side
1305 York Avenue
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ina Cholst to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%2
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
[Dr. Cholst] Ina was lovely but the process at WC [Weill Cornell] makes you feel like a #... I was in contact with the nurses more than Cholst, although she did do her best to be available for 2 discussions during the cycle and after our initial consults and tests...She is very nice and empathetic. I liked her as a person. I trusted her judgement. Something about her bedside manner is odd and/or misleading. And I was unclear as to how involved in my cycle she was as there were no changes and no conversations unless I requested. Her predictions were mostly right, but I felt like I was fighting a losing battle, and that she felt the same way.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Ina Cholst at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ina Cholst at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Demand more explanations and updates.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ina Cholst at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ina was lovely but the process at WC makes you feel like a #. You see a lot of different doctors and dont hear from your main dr often. Youre not told how youre doing during the cycle and i was unclear as to how often my chart was reviewed by Doctor. I was in contact with the nurses more than Cholst, although she did do her best to be available for 2 discussions during the cycle and after our initial consults and tests. The cycle was straightforward, it didnt feel personalized and i felt that a ball was dropped a few times- i wasnt contacted day of transfer- they forgot to call me, and I wasnt told that one embryo had a late fert until i was in the operating room for transfer. I was also triggered a day earlier than Dr. Cholst had predicted and had no follicles over 16. i think this was a mistake.
Describe the protocols Ina Cholst used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
300 gonal f; 150 menapur; week 2 add cetratide. I produced only 3 follicles, 1 fert, 1 late fert, 2 transferred, chemical pregnancy; the protocol was never altered, and I was never given estrogen levels or told follicle #s unless I asked or asked to see chart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Holly Nadal)
Nurses were mostly available but at times hard to reach. And they forgot to call me to tell me to come for day 3 transfer.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
too many patients too little personal approach too many different doctors speeding through ultrasounds not a personal feel
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
cattle call but well oiled in getting people in and out. they are good at speed; bad at bedside. over worked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ina Cholst at Weill Cornell Medical College.
appx 12k for IVF procedures and 9k for meds
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ina Cholst