Ingrid Rodi

UCLA

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolBrown
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
1450 10th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-8144
1450 Tenth Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ingrid Rodi to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%1
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UCLA to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I often didn't feel like I was getting the full picture with Dr. Rodi... After being unable to get me to grow one egg to ovulate after a few months of injectables she recommended we move on to IVF and acted like there wasn't any other approach (or medicine) that could possibly get us results. This is unforgivable in my eyes because the next doctor I saw immediately saw short comings in my protocol and was able to switch meds and I got pregnant the first month without IVF... Dr Rodi doesn't appear to me to be at all flexible in tailoring protocol or approach to fit each patients individual need.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ingrid Rodi at The Fertility Center?
I often didn't feel like I was getting the full picture with Dr. Rodi. I didn't realize until late in the game that she schedules all her IVF patients on the exact same start date each month, so you often end up wasting weeks on birth control waiting to start a new cycle. I feel like she was never upfront about this. After being unable to get me to grow one egg to ovulate after a few months of injectables she recommended we move on to IVF and acted like there wasn't any other approach (or medicine) that could possibly get us results. This is unforgivable in my eyes because the next doctor I saw immediately saw short comings in my protocol and was able to switch meds and I got pregnant the first month without IVF. Also, my IVF process was extremely disappointing because my body simply did not respond well to the medicine/ dosage she prescribed. She was very worried about me hyper-stimulating to the point that I was on STIMs for 20 days . Throughout monitoring Dr Rodi & the nurse kept counting the eggs & making comments about how I had a lot (around 23). On retrieval day, they ended up getting 5. No one mentioned or prepared me for that possibility such a small number being mature at all. Dr. Rodi acted like it was obvious and something I should have known. After my unsuccessful frozen embryo transfer I met with Dr. Rodi and I was very disappointed and scared, she was extremely unsympathetic and rather coldly mentioned that she could see I was "emotional" and that maybe I should consider "taking a break." Dr Rodi doesn't appear to me to be at all flexible in tailoring protocol or approach to fit each patients individual need. She has more of a one size fits all approach, and if it works, great! If it doesn't, try again!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ingrid Rodi at The Fertility Center?
I would say to get a second opinion before doing IVF with Dr. Rodi.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ingrid Rodi at The Fertility Center?
Dr. Rodi's practice is smaller and feels more like a private practice doctors office than a fertility clinic. Having an office outside of the hospital or clinic made it more personal, but there was also less flexibility with timing of appointments. When entering the office after awhile the staff remembered by name, which did feel more personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Teri was very kind, patient and approachable. She was the best part of Dr Rodi's office.
Ingrid Rodi