Brown

Santa Monica, CA 90401

Strongly recommend
Don't recommend

Treated 2014 - 2015
I often didn't feel like I was getting the full picture with Dr. Rodi... After being unable to get me to grow one egg to ovulate after a few months of injectables she recommended we move on to IVF and acted like there wasn't any other approach (or medicine) that could possibly get us results. This is unforgivable in my eyes because the next doctor I saw immediately saw short comings in my protocol and was able to switch meds and I got pregnant the first month without IVF... Dr Rodi doesn't appear to me to be at all flexible in tailoring protocol or approach to fit each patients individual need.
Dr. Rodi's practice is smaller and feels more like a private practice doctors office than a fertility clinic. Having an office outside of the hospital or clinic made it more personal, but there was also less flexibility with timing of appointments... Teri [my nurse] was very kind, patient and approachable. She was the best part of Dr Rodi's office.
How was your experience with Ingrid Rodi at The Fertility Center?
I often didn't feel like I was getting the full picture with Dr. Rodi. I didn't realize until late in the game that she schedules all her IVF patients on the exact same start date each month, so you often end up wasting weeks on birth control waiting to start a new cycle. I feel like she was never upfront about this. After being unable to get me to grow one egg to ovulate after a few months of injectables she recommended we move on to IVF and acted like there wasn't any other approach (or medicine) that could possibly get us results. This is unforgivable in my eyes because the next doctor I saw immediately saw short comings in my protocol and was able to switch meds and I got pregnant the first month without IVF. Also, my IVF process was extremely disappointing because my body simply did not respond well to the medicine/ dosage she prescribed. She was very worried about me hyper-stimulating to the point that I was on STIMs for 20 days . Throughout monitoring Dr Rodi & the nurse kept counting the eggs & making comments about how I had a lot (around 23). On retrieval day, they ended up getting 5. No one mentioned or prepared me for that possibility such a small number being mature at all. Dr. Rodi acted like it was obvious and something I should have known. After my unsuccessful frozen embryo transfer I met with Dr. Rodi and I was very disappointed and scared, she was extremely unsympathetic and rather coldly mentioned that she could see I was "emotional" and that maybe I should consider "taking a break." Dr Rodi doesn't appear to me to be at all flexible in tailoring protocol or approach to fit each patients individual need. She has more of a one size fits all approach, and if it works, great! If it doesn't, try again!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ingrid Rodi at The Fertility Center?
I would say to get a second opinion before doing IVF with Dr. Rodi.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ingrid Rodi at The Fertility Center?
Dr. Rodi's practice is smaller and feels more like a private practice doctors office than a fertility clinic. Having an office outside of the hospital or clinic made it more personal, but there was also less flexibility with timing of appointments. When entering the office after awhile the staff remembered by name, which did feel more personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Teri was very kind, patient and approachable. She was the best part of Dr Rodi's office.
The Fertility Center
Santa Monica
Dr. Rodi is generous with her time and very thorough...I trust her judgment and experience completely, I wish I could have remained under her care however our financial situation could not sustain it. She always made herself available, even when I moved on to another more affordable clinic...After our miscarriage she had us on menopur with an ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. Unfortunately we did not conceive and moved on to a more affordable clinic for full IVF.
UCLA is a world renowned institution with experts in the field, I trust their knowledge. Dr Rodi has moved on to a private clinic and we have moved on to another clinic as well. I would recommend UCLA to anyone...Some [nurses] were wonderful, others a bit cold...After our miscarriage she had us on menopur with an ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. Unfortunately we did not conceive and moved on to a more affordable clinic for full IVF.
How was your experience with Ingrid Rodi at UCLA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ingrid Rodi at UCLA?
Come prepared and ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ingrid Rodi at UCLA?
Dr. Rodi is generous with her time and very thorough.
Describe the protocols Ingrid Rodi used in your cycles at UCLA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UCLA.
Some were wonderful, others a bit cold.
Describe your experience with UCLA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ingrid Rodi at UCLA.
Mostly covered by insurance, menopur and ovidrel were out of pocket.
Describe Ingrid Rodi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UCLA.
Not applicable.
Santa Monica

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ingrid Rodi at UCLA.

Treated 2014 - 2017
When my retrieval failed due to endometriomas, [Dr. Ingrid Rodi] was able to refer me to someone immediately who did excision surgery 2 weekend after the retrieval. I was able to get pregnant naturally 6 months after the surgery...She knew who I was when I went to the clinic every time. She was empathetic...She didn’t call me directly when all my embryos did not progress. A little impersonal. But nice and friendly. She seemed to care. She was kind. She also has residents with her so that may be a negative
[The nurses at UCLA] Made a calendar with drug start date and appointments. Helpful...I had to call daily to ask about the progression of my embryos. No one made the effort to call me...Nice office, seen on time, able to make early appointments...I produced 14 eggs but they were only able to retrieve 5 due to endometriosis...When my retrieval failed due to endometriomas, [Dr. Rodi] was able to refer me to someone immediately who did excision surgery 2 weekend after the retrieval. I was able to get pregnant naturally 6 months after the surgery
How was your experience with Ingrid Rodi at UCLA?
Ask for more information.
She knew who I was when I went to the clinic every time. She was empathetic
I don’t remember specifics. I did IVf with bracelet, menopur, and ovidrel, and ganirelix. I produced 14 eggs but they were only able to retrieve 5 due to endometriosis.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UCLA.
Nice. Made a calendar with drug start date and appointments. Helpful
Describe your experience with UCLA.
Nice office, seen on time, able to make early appointments. When my retrieval failed due to endometriomas, dr rodi was able to refer me to someone immediately who did excision surgery 2 weekend after the retrieval. I was able to get pregnant naturally 6 months after the surgery
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ingrid Rodi at UCLA.
About 15,0000
Strong preference to transfer one egg
What specific things went wrong at UCLA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCLA.
Santa Monica

I have really enjoyed our experience with [Dr. Ingrid Rodi]. She is personable and warm and you leave every appointment with her feeling that she's rooting for you in a big way! She cares about her patients and is helping them do something truly important that can be a very difficult thing to go through...talks to you in a friendly, relatable way. She finds ways to connect that make you feel like she's not just any doctor, but one who cares and wants you to feel comfortable.
The clinic [Pacific Fertility Center-LA] has a gorgeous waiting room and good offices. The staff are super friendly. A couple times I had a long wait, but not always. They have this great coffee machine with tons of options that adds a nice touch...One time I wasn't called with my pregnancy test results...Dr Rodi is very personable and talks to you in a friendly, relatable way. She finds ways to connect that make you feel like she's not just any doctor, but one who cares and wants you to feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Ingrid Rodi at Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles?
I have really enjoyed our experience with Dr Rodi. She is personable and warm and you leave every appointment with her feeling that she's rooting for you in a big way! She cares about her patients and is helping them do something truly important that can be a very difficult thing to go through. I ended up switching to her from a previous doctor that I was not very happy with. I'm so glad I did because we are much happier with Dr Rodi's care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ingrid Rodi at Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles?
Go see her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ingrid Rodi at Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles?
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles.
The clinic has a gorgeous waiting room and good offices. The staff are super friendly. A couple times I had a long wait, but not always. They have this great coffee machine with tons of options that adds a nice touch.
Describe Ingrid Rodi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles.
One at a time is safest.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles.
One time I wasn't called with my pregnancy test results.
Pacific Fertility Center Los Angeles