Medical SchoolNYU
Quincy
2300 Crown Colony Drive
Quincy, MA 02169
800 858-4832
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Isaac Glatstein to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF New England to a friend?
Dr. Glatstein was very compassionate, very personable. For key milestones, he often called us himself...From the beginning, Dr.Glatstein gave us the confidence and sense of calmness we needed throughout the process. Through it all, Dr. Glastein was there for us and assuring us that we would have success! Failing a fresh embryo transfer after retrieval, we had success upon our first frozen embryo transfer. Dr. Glatstein is a passionate, patient, and kind caregiver. We were so thankful to have him on our side.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
Every fertility journey is unique. From the beginning, Dr.Glatstein gave us the confidence and sense of calmness we needed throughout the process. Through it all, Dr. Glastein was there for us and assuring us that we would have success! Failing a fresh embryo transfer after retrieval, we had success upon our first frozen embryo transfer. Dr. Glatstein is a passionate, patient, and kind caregiver. We were so thankful to have him on our side. Don't wait to make an appointment... go see them now!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
Do not hesitate to make an appointment. Time is precious!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at IVF New England and their degree of success.
Dr.Glastein ordered Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide for stimulation. I believe all were low-to-moderate doses as this was my first cycle and I was 31 YO at the time. Leuprolide trigger shot was also ordered but not used as it was not needed. Retrieval resulted in 9 eggs. Estradiol patches and Crinone were ordered as supportive medications as well.
The nursing staff changed quite a bit during the entire course of treatment. I believe it was the clinic's intention to assign a primary nurse but due to turnover and staffing changes it felt like I spoke with a different person every time. Although this was somewhat frustrating from a continuity of care perspective, all the nurses I spoke with were well trained and pleasant.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic works tirelessly. I was worried my transfer timing might occur right on Thanksgiving Day. The assured me they work, they're open! As a private clinic this is a major positive vs. smaller or academic clinics that may not do retrievals or transfers on Sundays or holidays for example. Process wise there was some confusion about who (which doctor) is performing retrievals and transfers. It was not clear to me from the beginning that my primary treating physician may not be the one performing the retrieval or transfer. I wish I received more advance notice of which doctor was on staff that day performing these duties.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England.
Fortunately, I had insurance coverage. I believe I paid a coinsurance for stimulation medications. Otherwise, all procedures, monitoring, testing, etc... was covered at no cost to me with the exception of cryopreservation which I believe was at or close to $1,000. We also have to pay $85 per month out of pocket for continued storage of cryopreserved embryos.
2013
I barely interacted with Dr. Gladstein, aside from one introductory appointment, and one after a miscarriage to decide next steps. Most of my interactions with with the nurses...I have no problem with Dr. Glatstein, just no real relationship. I got the sense he was very good at what he did. He provided information, evaluated my circumstances, and made reasonable recommendations during an emotional time.
2013
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
He's fine, but know that, at least in my case, the nurses matter more.
I did injections to stimulate hormones for egg retrieval and then after pregnancy to continue hormone levels to be stable. I also used the vaginal cream after becoming pregnant to sustain estrogen levels (an earlier doctor did not do this). We did needle insemination of sperm into our embryos.
They were willing and able to take calls and communicate frequently. They gave honest information, but didn't sugar coat. I had one failed pregnancy, and one fragile pregnancy, and especially in the latter, it was challenging, but they were there for me, even at odd hours. I had medicine delivered in a snow storm and an appointment at 6 am on a Saturday for an ultrasound after a bleed.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
They are a large clinic, so your doctor will not likely be the person to do the procedure. This didn't both me given the expertise of the doctors and the need for timeliness, which was always achieved. The biggest concern I would have as a patient would be management of hormone treatment, which was considerably better when working directly with nurses, rather than my first experience, when an outside doctor, Dr. Gary Gross, was coordinating with RSC (now IVF Lexington). This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend to work with an outside provider unless you have an exceptional relationship- the center itself is much more coordinated when all points of care come from them.
Our health insurance covered our entire IVF process. It was exceptional, and this policy is no longer offered by husband's employer.
2007 - 2011
PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Isaac Glatstein] is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
2007 - 2011
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
He is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
Ask questions! He will always answer them to the best of his ability.
The doctor himself called me during the cycle that I had my miscarriage. Rather than have a nurse report the numbers and results to me, he phoned me himself. That seemed incredible to me.
I did 3 low dose Clomid cycles, which were monitored, but no IUIs. I then did a Follistim with IUI cycle which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The cycle after that he did a natural cycle with IUI, which did not result in pregnancy. After that we did 3 more Follistim with IUI cycles. We were only going to do 2 and then proceed to IVF, but it was taking my insurance too long to approve us for IVF, so he decided to do another IUI while we waited. Our one IVF cycle worked and we had twins. During that cycle he gave me very low doses of hormones, because during my first IUI cycle I hyperstimulated. So they only retrieved 8 eggs. Most of them fertilized but were abnormal. We were left with 2 normally growing embryos, and we decided to transfer both of them, as one was not such a great quality and probably would not have made it to freeze. Both embryos took, and we had twins!
It always took them what seemed like ages to call with the results of that morning's testing. Though obviously they are at the mercy of the lab, I felt like I could have been notified sooner of results. Other than that, they were very supportive and helpful.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
The clinic works with your insurance company, they are communicative and professional. I always felt welcome and well cared for no matter why I was in the office. I loved the clinic staff!
Most of it was taken care of by my insurance company as well as a small grant given by a community agency. I believe I paid about $500 for my IVF cycle. I don't remember how much I paid for my medications, but it was not much.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF New England.
Dr Glatstein would definitely do eSET. We chose to transfer multiple embryos solely because of their quality and the number we had.
2011 - 2012
He [Dr. Glatstein] seemed like a really smart guy, but was incredibly condescending, treating me and my husband like we were idiots, despite our advanced degrees in fields related to science. Mostly we felt like an inconvenience to him and our IUI was merely part of the process to get us to IVF. He screwed up one of my injectible cycles by lack of careful monitoring as well and triggered me at 14mm, which was unlikely to result in success...
2011 - 2012
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
He seemed like a really smart guy, but was incredibly condescending, treating me and my husband like we were idiots, despite our advanced degrees in fields related to science. Mostly we felt like an inconvenience to him and our IUI was merely part of the process to get us to IVF. He screwed up one of my injectible cycles by lack of careful monitoring as well and triggered me at 14mm, which was unlikely to result in success.
Avoid him.
My protocol looked identical to everyone else's despite my being "unexplained" and most people having real diagnoses. Despite no reason why I should fail with IUI, I only got bfns after 5 IUIs. No further diagnostics were offered, only push towards IVF.
The nursing staff was great, the heart of this clinic. Given the number of patients per doctor, this place wouldn't function at all if it weren't for the nurses picking up all the logistical work and patient management.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
Overall a very modern clinic with a massive patient base that they churn out like a factory, at least if you're only doing IUI (I've met patients who had better experiences there with IVF). Wait times for blood draws and monitoring are incredibly long. The phlebotamists managed to bruise me every single draw. Nurses were wonderful, financial coordinator was amazing, doctors were meh.
Lexington
Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle...The clinic has now merged with Boston IVF. The strengths are that it has a few offices, which makes it convenient when having to go in for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. It also has access with the Domar Center which provides nutrition information, acupuncture, and other self care options...Costs associated with medication, co-pays for office visits, tests, and procedures.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
Dr Glatstein seemed genuinely interested in us having a successful cycle.
Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Dan)
My primary nurse was great: very good at coordination, communication, and seemed to have compassion when our first cycle failed. However, there was another nurse on the team, who when she called to give me negative results, was completely opposite. She was unorganized and had to call me back twice to tell me about future appointments.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
He seemed to favor a SET, but ultimately it seemed like insurance requirements dictated how many to transfer.
Quincy
Male Factor, Other
Dr Glatstein is the kindest doctor I've ever met. A little too kind. I sometimes felt like he was a little disingenuous. But bear in mind that when you're 4 cycles down with no success your relationship with your doctor might be a little different than when you started. And I was hurt that after 4 cycles he seemed to give up on us. But prior to that, during our first few cycles Dr G was a godsend and a perfect first doctor for us. Us being completely clueless about IVF, he explained everything perfectly and made sure that we understood and agreed.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at IVF New England?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and suggest things. He may not always agree but he will explain everything in detail.
I like how the doctors come to the waiting room to meet you personally. And it felt like Dr Glatstein really took an interest in our lives.
We tried 3 antagonist protocols with various medication dosages. And one microdose lupron flare protocol. All 4 failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa was the PGD nurse coordinator and she's my favourite person at the clinic. I think they have the hardest job being the liaison and she was just perfect. I felt like she was on this awful ride with us. Highs and Lows.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF New England.
Very efficient
All covered under insurance
We never had the choice. Only one embryo per cycle.