6.8

Rated

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

We didn't get to transfer during my treatment with Dr. Glatstein...He didn't make any adjustments to protocols, just rushed through 3 of the more common types (antagonist, estrogen priming, microdose lupron) and when none of the 3 resulted in a pregnancy on the first attempt, he didn't try to adjust anything, he just told me I would not have success with my own eggs... His bedside manner when we didn't succeed was odd and overly sugar coated, wishing me "condolences"
Boston IVF in Lexington is great, I haven't had any issues. I have gone there for my monitoring appointments and my appointments with my doctor. I've gone to the Waltham location for egg retrievals and transfers. Haven't had any problems there either...We didn't get to transfer during my treatment with Dr. Glatstein...He didn't make any adjustments to protocols, just rushed through 3 of the more common types (antagonist, estrogen priming, microdose lupron) and when none of the 3 resulted in a pregnancy on the first attempt, he didn't try to adjust anything, he just told me I would not have success with my own eggs
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Dr. Glatstein was not creative at all with his approach to my treatment. Because I was older, he put me on the highest levels of medications he could for the 3 standard protocols he used. His bedside manner when we didn't succeed was odd and overly sugar coated, wishing me "condolences". I definitely felt talked down to when we met and it made me reluctant to ask additional questions. It seemed to me like he wanted me out of his care as quickly as possible as an "older" patient. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone over 35 for that reason.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
If you're older than 35, please don't waste your time. Do your research and find another provider who will approach your care thoughtfully and creatively.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
I felt like Dr. Glatstein didn't put a lot of thought into my treatment, that I was immediately put into the bucket of being "old" and untreatable (I started meeting with Dr. Glatstein when I was 40). He didn't make any adjustments to protocols, just rushed through 3 of the more common types (antagonist, estrogen priming, microdose lupron) and when none of the 3 resulted in a pregnancy on the first attempt, he didn't try to adjust anything, he just told me I would not have success with my own eggs.
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Standard antagonist protocol using birth control pre cycle, Menopur, Follastim during the cycle and Ganirelix toward the end. Only 1 follicle grew, converted to IUI and wasn't successful. Estrogen priming protocol next, with MDHCG, Follastim and Ganirelix. Egg retrieval resulted in 1 fertilized egg that stopped growing before Day 5. MDLupron protocol for the third round. MDHCG, MDLupron, Follastim. 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Didn't make it to Day 5 PGS testing.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Mostly covered under my health insurance. PGS testing was out of pocket.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We didn't get to transfer during my treatment with Dr. Glatstein

2013, Successful
I barely interacted with Dr. Gladstein, aside from one introductory appointment, and one after a miscarriage to decide next steps. Most of my interactions with with the nurses...I have no problem with Dr. Glatstein, just no real relationship. I got the sense he was very good at what he did. He provided information, evaluated my circumstances, and made reasonable recommendations during an emotional time.
They [IVF New England] are a large clinic, so your doctor will not likely be the person to do the procedure. This didn't both me given the expertise of the doctors and the need for timeliness, which was always achieved. The biggest concern I would have as a patient would be management of hormone treatment, which was considerably better when working directly with nurses, rather than my first experience, when an outside doctor, Dr. Gary Gross, was coordinating with RSC (now IVF Lexington). This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend to work with an outside provider unless you have an exceptional relationship- the center itself is much more coordinated when all points of care come from them.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He's fine, but know that, at least in my case, the nurses matter more.
I did injections to stimulate hormones for egg retrieval and then after pregnancy to continue hormone levels to be stable. I also used the vaginal cream after becoming pregnant to sustain estrogen levels (an earlier doctor did not do this). We did needle insemination of sperm into our embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were willing and able to take calls and communicate frequently. They gave honest information, but didn't sugar coat. I had one failed pregnancy, and one fragile pregnancy, and especially in the latter, it was challenging, but they were there for me, even at odd hours. I had medicine delivered in a snow storm and an appointment at 6 am on a Saturday for an ultrasound after a bleed.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are a large clinic, so your doctor will not likely be the person to do the procedure. This didn't both me given the expertise of the doctors and the need for timeliness, which was always achieved. The biggest concern I would have as a patient would be management of hormone treatment, which was considerably better when working directly with nurses, rather than my first experience, when an outside doctor, Dr. Gary Gross, was coordinating with RSC (now IVF Lexington). This was a terrible experience and I would not recommend to work with an outside provider unless you have an exceptional relationship- the center itself is much more coordinated when all points of care come from them.
Our health insurance covered our entire IVF process. It was exceptional, and this policy is no longer offered by husband's employer.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
My first doctor, Gary Gross, did not communicate the hormone treatment that would be necessary after a positive pregnancy test and did not do testing nearly with the same rigor as the nurses and protocols at RSC. This isn't a problem per se with the clinic, rather than the way, at the time, they coordinated their services with doctors that were not providing the same standard of care.

2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Glatstein] seemed like a really smart guy, but was incredibly condescending, treating me and my husband like we were idiots, despite our advanced degrees in fields related to science. Mostly we felt like an inconvenience to him and our IUI was merely part of the process to get us to IVF. He screwed up one of my injectible cycles by lack of careful monitoring as well and triggered me at 14mm, which was unlikely to result in success...
Overall a very modern clinic [at IVF New England - Lex] with a massive patient base that they churn out like a factory, at least if you're only doing IUI (I've met patients who had better experiences there with IVF). Wait times for blood draws and monitoring are incredibly long. The phlebotamists managed to bruise me every single draw. Nurses were wonderful, financial coordinator was amazing, doctors were meh...
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He seemed like a really smart guy, but was incredibly condescending, treating me and my husband like we were idiots, despite our advanced degrees in fields related to science. Mostly we felt like an inconvenience to him and our IUI was merely part of the process to get us to IVF. He screwed up one of my injectible cycles by lack of careful monitoring as well and triggered me at 14mm, which was unlikely to result in success.
Avoid him.
My protocol looked identical to everyone else's despite my being "unexplained" and most people having real diagnoses. Despite no reason why I should fail with IUI, I only got bfns after 5 IUIs. No further diagnostics were offered, only push towards IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff was great, the heart of this clinic. Given the number of patients per doctor, this place wouldn't function at all if it weren't for the nurses picking up all the logistical work and patient management.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Overall a very modern clinic with a massive patient base that they churn out like a factory, at least if you're only doing IUI (I've met patients who had better experiences there with IVF). Wait times for blood draws and monitoring are incredibly long. The phlebotamists managed to bruise me every single draw. Nurses were wonderful, financial coordinator was amazing, doctors were meh.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Overall, decently well run from a logistics perspective (aside from wait times for blood draws and ultrasounds), but mistakes happen likely due to patient volume.