6.5

Rated

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

[Dr. Isaac Glasteing is a] Very knowledgeable doctor who wants to find out what the problem is, come up with the best plan accordingly for a positive outcome. He is very facts and stats mind set. He answered all of our questions without making us feel overwhelmed.
They [IVF New England- Lexington] are hard to get ahold of. They primary nurse you speak to us good he was super helpful and didn’t make you feel like you should know all of this brand new information and drugs. The nurses you see daily however really could use a reminder that they are there to be apart of a beautiful experience. Very negative interactions. Horrible at drawing blood.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
If you want the best doctor to get you a positive outcome he’s your doctor. If you’re looking for a bit more of handholding he’s not for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
I felt he was very “matter a fact “. Which did work for us. We didn’t need to be coddled. We knew what was wrong and we wanted the facts of how we were going to fix it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Feel like with how much you interact with the nurses this is where I thought patents would get more compassion. You see them daily. They should be more friendly. I can’t tell you how many blood draws I’d go in where the nurse smelt of fresh smoked cigarettes. It was disgusting yet here she is trying to draw blood. Also, they 100% need more training on how to actually draw blood. I left there covered in bruises every single time.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are hard to get ahold of. They primary nurse you speak to us good he was super helpful and didn’t make you feel like you should know all of this brand new information and drugs. The nurses you see daily however really could use a reminder that they are there to be apart of a beautiful experience. Very negative interactions. Horrible at drawing blood.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
There was a lack of communication during our egg retrieval. No one informed us of over stimulation. They just kept saying the odds were so slim. However I ended up in the hospital for a week due to being overstimulated. Which resulted in cancelling the fresh transfer and waiting months to get a frozen transfer. I understand things happen. But I wish I had more support after this did happen also wish I had more information.
Lexington
Dr. Glatstein was very compassionate, very personable. For key milestones, he often called us himself...From the beginning, Dr.Glatstein gave us the confidence and sense of calmness we needed throughout the process. Through it all, Dr. Glastein was there for us and assuring us that we would have success! Failing a fresh embryo transfer after retrieval, we had success upon our first frozen embryo transfer. Dr. Glatstein is a passionate, patient, and kind caregiver. We were so thankful to have him on our side.
Process wise there was some confusion [at IVF New England] about who (which doctor) is performing retrievals and transfers. It was not clear to me from the beginning that my primary treating physician may not be the one performing the retrieval or transfer. I wish I received more advance notice of which doctor was on staff that day performing these duties...The clinic works tirelessly. I was worried my transfer timing might occur right on Thanksgiving Day. The assured me they work, they're open!
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Every fertility journey is unique. From the beginning, Dr.Glatstein gave us the confidence and sense of calmness we needed throughout the process. Through it all, Dr. Glastein was there for us and assuring us that we would have success! Failing a fresh embryo transfer after retrieval, we had success upon our first frozen embryo transfer. Dr. Glatstein is a passionate, patient, and kind caregiver. We were so thankful to have him on our side. Don't wait to make an appointment... go see them now!
Do not hesitate to make an appointment. Time is precious!
Describe the protocols Isaac Glatstein used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Dr.Glastein ordered Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide for stimulation. I believe all were low-to-moderate doses as this was my first cycle and I was 31 YO at the time. Leuprolide trigger shot was also ordered but not used as it was not needed. Retrieval resulted in 9 eggs. Estradiol patches and Crinone were ordered as supportive medications as well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff changed quite a bit during the entire course of treatment. I believe it was the clinic's intention to assign a primary nurse but due to turnover and staffing changes it felt like I spoke with a different person every time. Although this was somewhat frustrating from a continuity of care perspective, all the nurses I spoke with were well trained and pleasant.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic works tirelessly. I was worried my transfer timing might occur right on Thanksgiving Day. The assured me they work, they're open! As a private clinic this is a major positive vs. smaller or academic clinics that may not do retrievals or transfers on Sundays or holidays for example. Process wise there was some confusion about who (which doctor) is performing retrievals and transfers. It was not clear to me from the beginning that my primary treating physician may not be the one performing the retrieval or transfer. I wish I received more advance notice of which doctor was on staff that day performing these duties.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF.
Fortunately, I had insurance coverage. I believe I paid a coinsurance for stimulation medications. Otherwise, all procedures, monitoring, testing, etc... was covered at no cost to me with the exception of cryopreservation which I believe was at or close to $1,000. We also have to pay $85 per month out of pocket for continued storage of cryopreserved embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.

2007 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Isaac Glatstein] is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
The clinic [IVF New England] works with your insurance company, they are communicative and professional. I always felt welcome and well cared for no matter why I was in the office. I loved the clinic staff!... It always took them [the nurses] what seemed like ages to call with the results of that morning's testing. Though obviously they are at the mercy of the lab, I felt like I could have been notified sooner of results. Other than that, they were very supportive and helpful.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
He is a very knowledgeable doctor. He knows when a treatment modality is not working and moves on quickly, lessening the time it takes to get pregnant. After 3 cycles on Clomid not working, he immediately moved to injectable medication with IUIs rather than continuing along the same path. After our successful IVF, he met with us the next year to really go over what had happened during that cycle and to plan for future cycles, should we need them.
Ask questions! He will always answer them to the best of his ability.
The doctor himself called me during the cycle that I had my miscarriage. Rather than have a nurse report the numbers and results to me, he phoned me himself. That seemed incredible to me.
I did 3 low dose Clomid cycles, which were monitored, but no IUIs. I then did a Follistim with IUI cycle which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The cycle after that he did a natural cycle with IUI, which did not result in pregnancy. After that we did 3 more Follistim with IUI cycles. We were only going to do 2 and then proceed to IVF, but it was taking my insurance too long to approve us for IVF, so he decided to do another IUI while we waited. Our one IVF cycle worked and we had twins. During that cycle he gave me very low doses of hormones, because during my first IUI cycle I hyperstimulated. So they only retrieved 8 eggs. Most of them fertilized but were abnormal. We were left with 2 normally growing embryos, and we decided to transfer both of them, as one was not such a great quality and probably would not have made it to freeze. Both embryos took, and we had twins!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
It always took them what seemed like ages to call with the results of that morning's testing. Though obviously they are at the mercy of the lab, I felt like I could have been notified sooner of results. Other than that, they were very supportive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic works with your insurance company, they are communicative and professional. I always felt welcome and well cared for no matter why I was in the office. I loved the clinic staff!
Most of it was taken care of by my insurance company as well as a small grant given by a community agency. I believe I paid about $500 for my IVF cycle. I don't remember how much I paid for my medications, but it was not much.
Describe Isaac Glatstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr Glatstein would definitely do eSET. We chose to transfer multiple embryos solely because of their quality and the number we had.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Glatstein is the kindest doctor I've ever met. A little too kind. I sometimes felt like he was a little disingenuous. But bear in mind that when you're 4 cycles down with no success your relationship with your doctor might be a little different than when you started. And I was hurt that after 4 cycles he seemed to give up on us. But prior to that, during our first few cycles Dr G was a godsend and a perfect first doctor for us. Us being completely clueless about IVF, he explained everything perfectly and made sure that we understood and agreed.
Lisa was the PGD nurse coordinator and she's my favourite person at the clinic [IVF New England] I think they have the hardest job being the liaison and she was just perfect. I felt like she was on this awful ride with us. Highs and Lows.... We tried 3 antagonist protocols with various medication dosages. And one microdose lupron flare protocol. All 4 failed.
How was your experience with Isaac Glatstein at Boston IVF?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and suggest things. He may not always agree but he will explain everything in detail.
I like how the doctors come to the waiting room to meet you personally. And it felt like Dr Glatstein really took an interest in our lives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa was the PGD nurse coordinator and she's my favourite person at the clinic. I think they have the hardest job being the liaison and she was just perfect. I felt like she was on this awful ride with us. Highs and Lows.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF.
Very efficient
All covered under insurance
We never had the choice. Only one embryo per cycle.