Isam Balat

ResidencyUT Houston
Houston
1801 Binz Street, Suite 500
Houston, TX 77004
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Isam Balat to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Plaza OB/GYN to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Balat doesn't show a lot of emotion when talking with his patients. He isn't very warm and fuzzy, but he is very knowledgeable. He was supportive of our desire to have children, and knew exactly what we needed to try in regards to our situation.... We started with clomid and HCG shot for an IUI cycle. We did this regimen twice. We then tried Lupron injections, along with FSH shots for an IUI cycle. Decided to do laparoscopy to remove stage 4 endometriosis. After the cycle, we tried FSH shots for an IUI cycle. All of these resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Isam Balat at Plaza OB/GYN?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isam Balat at Plaza OB/GYN?
Don't be put off by his blunt words. He is a very good doctor who knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isam Balat at Plaza OB/GYN?
Dr. Balat wasn't very warm or fuzzy himself, but his PA he had there was wonderful. She always treated me like I was a human and had a sincere interest in my life.
Describe the protocols Isam Balat used in your cycles at Plaza OB/GYN and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Plaza OB/GYN. (Assigned nurse: Emily Ence)
She was very concerned with my well-being. She knew details and events about my life and made sure to ask about them to show compassion.
Describe your experience with Plaza OB/GYN.
The clinic is in somewhat of an outdated building, and the wait time was always VERY long. I came to expect my appointments taking at least two hours because I would often have to wait an hour before being taken back, and then waiting another thirty minutes before I was seen in my room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isam Balat at Plaza OB/GYN.
Mostly manageable. The office was good at billing things for care of my endometriosis disease, instead of billing it as infertility procedures.
What specific things went wrong at Plaza OB/GYN?
Isam Balat