Nurse available by email
Medical SchoolOhio State U.
ResidencyTriHealth Ob/Gyn
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
10506 Montgomery RD
Cincinnati, OH 45242
513-865-1675
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Isela Robertshaw to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Don't recommend: 50%8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bethesda Fertility Center to a friend?
She [Dr. Robertshaw] answered all my questions but when it came down to doing the things she said she was going to do, that just didn't happen. She told me to email her anytime but I never got responses. ... She was very kind and understanding. ... My dr wanted to just do 1 embryo because I was young and healthy but we ended up doing 2. ... My dr wanted to just do 1 embryo because I was young and healthy but we ended up doing 2. First because it was a different doctor that did my transfer and secondly, because I only had 2 good looking embryos.
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She was very kind and understanding. She answered all my questions but when it came down to doing the things she said she was going to do, that just didn't happen. She told me to email her anytime but I never got responses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Make sure you go into it knowing all the possible outcomes. I didn't know there was something called a guarentee program and I feel like I got screwed. I took out a personal loan to afford 1 round of IVF and now that that didn't work I have to figure out how to come up with a ton more money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
She took the time to answer any questions and showed compassion during emotional times.
Describe the protocols Isela Robertshaw used in your cycles at Bethesda Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I started with taking birth control. Then had my baseline ultrasound. Things looked good so I started my injectable medications and did that for 9 days. I wasn't growing very many follicles about half way in so she upped my dosage and I started to respond better. I triggered on day 10 and then had my retrieval on day 12. Another doctor completed that procedure as Robertshaw was out of town. I was updated the day after retrieval, day 3 and day 5 as to how everything was progressing. I had a 5 day fresh transfer of 2 embryos. And then found out that none of my other embryos made it to freeze. I did not get pregnant and was left heartbroken and broke.
I had quite a few different nurses. Most were very kind and communicated well.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
They are friendly and welcoming. They really need to do better with getting back with their patients. Especially when a patient has just had an incredibly devastating experience. They said nice things and promised to help but then didn't get back to me for months.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Each IUI was about $300. And the IVF all together was about $13,000. That's minus the meds for the IUI's and the donor sperm that I was using.
Describe Isela Robertshaw's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bethesda Fertility Center.
Cincinnati

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Robertshaw is a great listener, seeks to understand any/all symptoms to help discuss treatment options. She takes the time to answer all questions and is candid in her responses and opinions. She took the burden of stressing about infertility off of my shoulders, and I truly trusted that I was in good hands with her recommended treatment.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Isela Robertshaw at Bethesda Fertility Center?
Personally called to check up on me, I never felt rushed, very empathetic and thorough with every appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bethesda Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
Nursing staff was very attentive and gave the feeling that they were personally invested in your success.
Describe your experience with Bethesda Fertility Center.
Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Walking through the financing with someone that knew the details was great. The only con was that sometimes appointment wait times were long (~15-20 min), as they prioritize the IVF and IUI patients given the urgent needs that they have during their cycles.
IUI and IVF procedures, embryo freezing, monitoring ultrasounds, doctor visits, blood work.
She did not want to transfer more than 2 embryos, which is what we ended up doing. If PGS had been used, she prefers to transfer only 1 to minimize risk but is open to patient input.