J. Clark Bundren

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolUniv of OK
ResidencyE. Virginia
5555 E. 71st Street, Suite 6220
Tulsa, OK 74136
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend J. Clark Bundren to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.5
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with J. Clark Bundren at J. Clark Bundren ?
Doctor Bundren has been a joy to work with. As I'm sure anyone who goes through infertility treatments knows it's an emotional process. I value that he always takes the time to explain the next steps in detail and if I ever have a question he or is staff is always available. I've been with him for over 3 years now and I truly consider him and his staff to be part of our family. I know he celebrated our high's and mourned with us in our lows. I truly believe that he see's each patient as an individual and truly invests in that couple to help reach their end goal of having a family. He treatments might not always be the fastest but its because he makes sure to cross every "T" and dot every "I" before jumping into the next treatment. Something else I believe that makes him stand out before most infertility doctors is that he still delivers babies for his patients! So I can't wait to be able to learn about this totally different side of his business, now that we are expecting twins! I can't say it enough, but I would recommend anyone to him! He is a great doctor and truly invests in each patient!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of J. Clark Bundren at J. Clark Bundren ?
A piece of advice I would give a prospective patient meeting Doctor Bundren would be to ask questions. That initial meeting can be so overwhelming, but I know that Doctor Bundren would love to take the time to ensure you left there feeling confident about what he told you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with J. Clark Bundren at J. Clark Bundren ?
Doctor Bundren and his staff made me feel like a human because they always make an effort to explain and make sure you understand each step in the process. I value that he is very conservative with his treatments and doesn't jump straight into IVF. I'm currently pregnant with twins via our second round of IVF and after this is all said and done I will consider them to be part of our family. They have been on this journey along side us and have been such a great medical support the entire time.
Describe the protocols J. Clark Bundren used in your cycles at J. Clark Bundren and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis and then a subseptate uterus. Doctor Bundren repaired my uterus via surgery in 2014. Following that procedure we were put on lupron for 6 months to suppress my endometriosis. During my surgery they found out I had stage 4 endometriosis so we weren't sure how my body would respond to the suppress stage. But 6 months later we were excited to find out my tubes had been unblocked. Following that for 2 months I was put back on birth control to jump start my cycle again. Since my tubes were open, Doctor Bundren suggested that we try and get pregnant naturally for 2 months. Without any success, we moved onto Ovulation Induction. Which is similar to an IUI but instead of injecting the sperm you have intercourse. Unfortunately that didn't work for us. After our failed Ovulation Induction Doctor Bundren suggested we move onto IVF. Our first round of IVF they collected 20 eggs. Since my husbands sperm checked out fine they decided to place sperm and my eggs in a dish and let them do the course naturally. We ended up having 2 eggs make it to freeze. Since I have PCOS I ended up overstimulating so I was put on birth control for 5 months to let my body heal and recover. This treatment I took follistim, menopur and lurpon. We transferred our only 2 embryos 5 months later and found out that it didn't work. Leading up to our FET I took estrogen, progesterone, doxycycline, and medrol. We started our second round of IVF 7 months later. We needed time to heal and recover. This time we followed the same medicine protocol but decided to do ICSI while fertilizing the sperm. They wait until Day 5 to freeze them and on that day we had 4 make it to freeze. I overstimulated again so I was put on birth control to help suppress my body. But during that wait before our FET, Doctor Bundren decided to do the ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Analysis). During that biopsy we found out that I needed 1 extra day of progesterone for my body to be ready for implantation. Based off those results we adjusted my FET schedule and transferred two embryos, a BC and CC and two weeks later found out we were pregnant!!! Praise the Lord! My beta numbers were really high 14dp it was 1,500, 18dp 7,924 and 21dp 18,650. We had our first ultrasound early because I was spotting and at 6 weeks 2 days we found out we were having twins, both embryos took! I've learned that I am a very high maintenance pregnant patient. I'm terrified something is going to happen to these babies. But each time I call the office they are always so patient and willing to let me come in. That is something I value SO much! I love that they are committed to us on this journey even after pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at J. Clark Bundren . (Assigned nurse: Mary Katherine)
Mary Katherine has been the momma bear in the office. She truly is the glue that holds everything together. From my very first treatment she gave me her personal cell phone number and said call of text me anytime you have a problem or question. Whether its late nights, weekends, or bright and early in the morning she has always been available. Now that I am pregnant, and paranoid as ever she has always taken the time to explain everything process in detail. I had a scare with blood one day and when I showed up the office she was there to greet me and get me right in for an ultrasound. Our very first beta for our first round of IVF that failed she gave me a big hug and said "Love you babe, God has a plan." And I love that because it truly describes the relationship they have with their patients. The day we found out we were pregnant they told us to come into their office for the results and surprised us with balloons that said "God answers prayers!" You truly can't put a price on a having a relationship like that with your medical team.
Describe your experience with J. Clark Bundren .
One thing I love about Doctor Bundren clinic is that it's smaller. When you go in for your appointments the waiting room is small and is never packed with people. You know when you go in there you aren't just a number for the day. You are an individual and they always make sure to adjust their medical treatments based on what is best for you individually. The secretary, Cara always greets you with a smile and is very personable. Another thing I value is that we've never had to wait very long in the waiting room and the staff always seems to communicate with each other very well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under J. Clark Bundren at J. Clark Bundren .
Since I had Endometriosis a lot of my upfront costs were covered with my treatments. So my lupron shots I took for 6 months were covered, my surgery and any doctors visits. Once we moved onto Ovulation induction and our two rounds of IVF that is where we had to start paying out of pocket. The ovulation induction medicine cost around $1500-2000. For our two IVF cycles we paid around $5,000 for the medicine, $8,000 to Doctor Bundren and around $6,000 to the fertility lab. And then each FET was around $3,500. Our ERA Biopsy cost around $4,000 for the biopsy's and medicine. Ah, it's so scary when you type out a number but so far we have spent just a little over $50,000 out of pocket. But you can't put a price on having a family. We still have 2 frozen embryos so we realize in the future that cost will be even more.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Bundren is very intellegent and I can trust him with my medical needs. He allows us to make the decisions we prefer to make. He has always explained things very thoroughly to me and my husband. He never makes me feel uncomfortable. I do feel as though I can trust the decisions he makes for my fertility plan. Although Clomid and Lupron treatments did fail, I wouldn't want to use anyone else for my first IVF.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with J. Clark Bundren at J. Clark Bundren ?
Always have questions prepared before your appointments. He's more than prepared to answer anything.
I don't see the doctor himself very often at all but his nurses and staff make me feel comfortable and never forget me or my husband.
Dr. Bundren first prescribed me Clomid, as I have PCOS and was not ovulating all of the time. It did not help aide me in pregnancy. He also did a Lupron treatment for 6 months for my Endo. Although it worked in shrinking my lesions, we were still unable to achieve pregnancy. Dr. Bundren is confident that IVF is our next step.
The nursing staff at his office is incredible. I really do feel safe with them and they do a great job of remembering their patients and being compassionate.
Describe your experience with J. Clark Bundren .
I think that the office is great at getting you seen quickly. The only weakness I feel they have is that Dr. Bundren is only available to his patients some of the time. Most appointments I don't see him at all. We deal mostly with the nursing staff, and we love them. I'm a planner and I don't feel like I always completely understand what they have in store for me but I trust their judgement completely.