6.3
6.3

6.5

U. Central Del Este (Uce)
Jackson Mem Hosp

nurse available by email
J. Ricardo Loret de Mola works at

751 North Rutledge Street
Springfield, IL 62702
217.545.2229

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Loret De Mola] is an extremely knowledgeable doctor; however, he is gone way too much. When I first treated with him, I felt like he was present and knew exactly what was going on. Returning to the clinic, I did not get the same experience. Further, when cycles failed, I was always made to feel like something must be wrong with me even though he never changed the course of action...I completely understand the risks association with multiple embryo transfer and appreciate that Dr. Loret de Mola would rather have healthy pregnancies than quick pregnancies. However, I think he uses a fear factor to keep patients from considering transferring 2 and doesn’t pay attention to each individual patient’s circumstances when being so forceful about only transferring 1.
Constantly stay on top of the nurses [at Southern Illinois University] otherwise you won’t get responses or the medications you need. Double check ANYthing a nurse tells you...Do all of your own independent research. Know your own chart like the back of your hand...The nursing staff has NO clue what is going on...They are not responsive at all, and are generally unable to answer any questions. If they tell you a dosage or time to take your medication, I would double check or ask to speak with the doctor...lots of additional costs were added in. With the same insurance, I am paying significantly more for the same treatment 1 year later.
How was your experience with J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University?
He is an extremely knowledgeable doctor; however, he is gone way too much. When I first treated with him, I felt like he was present and knew exactly what was going on. Returning to the clinic, I did not get the same experience. Further, when cycles failed, I was always made to feel like something must be wrong with me even though he never changed the course of action.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University?
Do all of your own independent research. Know your own chart like the back of your hand. Constantly stay on top of the nurses otherwise you won’t get responses or the medications you need. Double check ANYthing a nurse tells you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University?
I was very much treated like a human; however, I generally knew more about the medications and what needed to be done than any of the nurses that were suppose to be helping me. I’m not sure I would have been treated the same if I had not been so assertive and paying such close attention.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Southern Illinois University.
The nursing staff has NO clue what is going on. You have to be your own advocate and know your own chart and medications. They are not responsive at all, and are generally unable to answer any questions. If they tell you a dosage or time to take your medication, I would double check or ask to speak with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
The only strengths of this clinic are the embryologist and the IVF Director/coordinator. They both truly care, will take the time to answer questions, and are extremely knowledgeable about the process. The weaknesses are the nurses, the front desk, the disorganization, the unresponsiveness, and the laziness of a majority of the staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under J. Ricardo Loret de Mola at Southern Illinois University.
When I first attended this clinic I had very minimal costs due to insurance. When I returned, lots of additional costs were added in. With the same insurance, I am paying significantly more for the same treatment 1 year later.
Describe J. Ricardo Loret de Mola's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern Illinois University.
I completely understand the risks association with multiple embryo transfer and appreciate that Dr. Loret de Mola would rather have healthy pregnancies than quick pregnancies. However, I think he uses a fear factor to keep patients from considering transferring 2 and doesn’t pay attention to each individual patient’s circumstances when being so forceful about only transferring 1. I think he exaggerates the risks of multiples and chances of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Southern Illinois University?

2018, Consult
Only had consultation with [Dr. Loret de Mola] No treatments...We waited almost 3 hours to be taken back to an exam room for the consult. Then we waited another 15-30 minutes for the Dr. to come in, talk to us for 5 minutes, then leave...He went ahead and ordered baseline workup labs for myself and my husband, but told us we pretty much weren't doing anything right in regards to timing and frequency during the ovulation phase, and to 'just keep trying' but add back in the OPKs. He didn't think anything was wrong. I left there in tears, and immediately made a consult with a different physician.
This clinic [Southern Illinois University] thrives on the fact that they are the only RE in the city. I get the feeling that they don't know when to say 'no' to taking on new patients when they're already so busy. Their office feels like a dungeon, and is hard to find. I also noticed minimal staffing... the waiting room was full. I mean, literally no more chairs to sit in type of full. We waited almost 3 hours to be taken back to an exam room for the consult.
We waited 3 hours to see this physician. When the Dr. came in the room, he was rude, showed no compassion, and dismissed my concerns. I had to fight back tears during the consult-it was that bad. He went ahead and ordered baseline workup labs for myself and my husband, but told us we pretty much weren't doing anything right in regards to timing and frequency during the ovulation phase, and to 'just keep trying' but add back in the OPKs. He didn't think anything was wrong. I left there in tears, and immediately made a consult with a different physician.
Read the reviews! And talk to anyone you may know who has seen him. I wish I would have listened to the people I talked to, and saved myself the upset.
When we went in for the consultation, the waiting room was full. I mean, literally no more chairs to sit in type of full. We waited almost 3 hours to be taken back to an exam room for the consult. Then we waited another 15-30 minutes for the Dr. to come in, talk to us for 5 minutes, then leave.
Describe the protocols J. Ricardo Loret de Mola used in your cycles at Southern Illinois University and their degree of success.
Only had consultation with this Dr. No treatments.
The one nurse I did interact with was who took me back to the exam room for the consult. She reviewed the history & physical form I had already filled out, but was pretty abrasive when asking about previous miscarriages/pregnancies. I only spoke with her for about 5 minutes.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
This clinic thrives on the fact that they are the only RE in the city. I get the feeling that they don't know when to say 'no' to taking on new patients when they're already so busy. Their office feels like a dungeon, and is hard to find. I also noticed minimal staffing.
I only paid like $50 out of pocket after insurance for the consult. Most, if not all of the labs were covered under insurance.
Springfield

He [Dr. Loret de Mola] takes time to explain things to you, and will answer your questions. But if I didn’t arrive already educated, I might not get all the information. He does seem to care and is compassionate, but it doesn’t always come off that way. He can sometimes seem cold and clinical...Didn't have a great response, but moved forward with ovidrel trigger anyways. Used Medrol to prep for transfer and day 5 transfer.
Embryologist [at Southern Illinois University] recommended eset based on healthy embryos and no prior losses...Most people at the clinic were very kind and knew us by name...Communication [from nurses] is horrible. Never call you back. You can get through on the their app, but wouldn’t always get a timely response...Forgot to send in medication twice...They offered a cash of price of $11000 for a full cycle...
He takes time to explain things to you, and will answer your questions. But if I didn’t arrive already educated, I might not get all the information. He does seem to care and is compassionate, but it doesn’t always come off that way. He can sometimes seem cold and clinical.
Come prepared with questions after doing your own research.
Most people at the clinic were very kind and knew us by name.
Agonist protocol, menopur and follitism for about 14 days the first cycle and 11 days the second cycle. Didn’t have a great response, but moved forward with ovidrel trigger anyways. Used Medrol to prep for transfer and day 5 transfer.
Communication is horrible. Never call you back. You can get through on the their app, but wouldn’t always get a timely response.
Describe your experience with Southern Illinois University.
Need more information available (sample calendar), more specific on amount of meds required, etc. a consultation room would be nice so patients aren’t always sitting on a bed waiting to have a quick conversation with the doctor. Also phone consultation would be nice.
We had good insurance coverage. Paid $6000 per cycle for medication out of pocket and about $6000 for procedures. They offered a cash of price of $11000 for a full cycle.
Embryologist recommended eset based on healthy embryos and no prior losses.
What specific things went wrong at Southern Illinois University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southern Illinois University.
Forgot to send in medication twice.