Neutral: 100%8

Pasadena
55 S. Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Ho is very patient and nice, with a warm and caring bedside manner. She takes time to answer any questions that I have, no matter how small, and answers messages through the portal very quickly. She took the time to call me after my first IUI, which unfortunately didn't work...thinks about cost savings to the patient. She mentioned that clomid was on the cheaper side. She doesn't draw any unnecessary labs or perform other unnecessary procedures just to bill more, she didn't think drawing progesterone was necessary after my IUI since I got the trigger shot. If I do move on to IVF, I look forward to having Dr. Ho as my physician. She is for single embryo transfer, even though I would consider transferring more than one if I do move on to IVF
USC Fertility doctors all communicate with each other...Strengths- Everything is by evidence based practice. Because this is an academic practice, I'm less worried about doctors taking more money from me by performing more costly tests and procedures. Weakness- I wish that the doctors would be more aggressive sometimes and less worried about risk of multiples. I have a strong personality so being aggressive about treatment doesn't wear me down
How was your experience with Jacqueline Ho at USC?
I first consulted Dr. Ho around December 2021. She is very knowledgeable and took the time to explain with a powerpoint to me and my husband regarding infertility. For my first IUI, she prescribed 100mg of clomid. I am happy that she gave me 100mg instead of 50mg. She personally performed my first IUI, which unfortunately didn't work. I liked that Dr. Ho showed up with her fellow when I went in for an ultrasound. When she wasn't there on a weekend for my second IUI, her partner Dr. Quinn was covering for my second IUI and she is amazing as well. USC Fertility doctors all communicate with each other, which helps. Dr. Ho thinks about cost savings to the patient. She mentioned that clomid was on the cheaper side. She doesn't draw any unnecessary labs or perform other unnecessary procedures just to bill more, she didn't think drawing progesterone was necessary after my IUI since I got the trigger shot. If I do move on to IVF, I look forward to having Dr. Ho as my physician. She is for single embryo transfer, even though I would consider transferring more than one if I do move on to IVF
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacqueline Ho at USC?
Ask all the questions you need to. She will clarify any questions that you may have
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacqueline Ho at USC?
Describe the protocols Jacqueline Ho used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
100mg clomid with IUI. I grew many follicles but wasn't pregnant. I used the same protocol for both IUIs, she didn't want to increase my dosage after my first cycle because her rationale was that it wouldn't recruit more follicles but just decrease the lining. I asked about injectables when my first IUI failed, but she didn't want me to have more follicles, due to risk of multiples. Trigger shot was always 5,000 units. Glad that she thinks about saving us costs, since clomid and Pregnyl is cheaper than other trigger shots. She has a reason for doing everything, and very focused on evidence based practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Pamela Young)
Pam was my coordinator, she is kind and does her job well. On the weekend, I had Josephine, and she spoke Mandarin which was a plus to me.
Describe your experience with USC.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacqueline Ho at USC.
Billing was annoying. They were going to cancel FSH and estradiol on my first IUI, but they forgot and ended up billing it. They said they would refund it only to say I had outstanding charges. This is not Dr. Ho's fault and occurs a lot in healthcare
Describe Jacqueline Ho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
I've briefly discussed this with her if we do move on to IVF, she is very pro single embryo transfer if needed, but I'm not sure for older women. Personally, I would like to have more than one embryo transferred if needed, I'm not sure if she is willing to perform that due to patient's wishes
Los Angeles
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Ho has been extremely sensitive to the multiple losses I have experienced and has always given me a realistic approach with a healthy dose of optimism. She knows who I am and takes plenty of time to talk me and my husband through every step of the way, making time for virtual consultations and answering questions even on the weekends...I don’t feel rushed or stupid for asking questions. She’s patient and kind while also being professional and knowledgeable.
The clinic itself [HRC Fertility] is very nice and all staff are typically helpful and sensitive. It is hard to find parking so that is also something to consider. There are several doctors and many patients so there is a certain amount of wait time to expect too...All payment for IVF cycle is due before the start of baseline appointments...The best way to communicate with the nursing staff and the financial department is via email. Otherwise they can be difficult to get in touch with.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Dr Ho always asks how I’m doing and takes as much time as I need. I don’t feel rushed or stupid for asking questions. She’s patient and kind while also being professional and knowledgeable. She did a whole PowerPoint presentation for my husband and I when we had our initial consult about IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jacqueline Ho used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Ho recommended a hysteroscopy to deal with a small uterine septum. She has now recommended frozen embryo transfer with PGS testing due to my repeated losses. The hope is that we will be able identify any abnormalities in eggs/embryos before implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
One of Dr Ho’s nurses, Pam, has been amazingly sensitive and supportive during this entire process. She’s reached out repeatedly to give me information and to check in and also encouraged me to advocate for myself to get the treatment I needed. Her personal touch was one of the reasons I decided to stay with USC when they moved to HRC Fertility. When I have feedback to the doctor about a misstep in communication, it was immediately rectified.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The best way to communicate with the nursing staff and the financial department is via email. Otherwise they can be difficult to get in touch with. The clinic itself is very nice and all staff are typically helpful and sensitive. It is hard to find parking so that is also something to consider. There are several doctors and many patients so there is a certain amount of wait time to expect too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility.
My insurance does not cover any procedures so all blood work and testing was billed to me directly. There are payment plans available for some bills (blood work, ultrasounds) while other procedures (sonograms, hysteroscopy) were due up front. All payment for IVF cycle is due before the start of baseline appointments.
Describe Jacqueline Ho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Because of my age and history of repeated losses, Dr Ho is sensitive to only implanting one embryo at a time. I am very appreciative of her thoughtfulness to the approach.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
When I had a pregnancy outside of an IVF cycle, my results were not reported to my chart so I did not receive blood test results on two different occasions. Once I told the doctor about the issue, it was immediately rectified and all communication has been timely since.
HRC Fertility