Nurse available by email
Edina, MN 55435
651-222-6050
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jacques Stassart to a friend?
9.7

9.8

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates to a friend?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] was very thorough with all parts of the process. Very kind and explained everything as it was being done. He also made sure that not only I, but my husband, felt comfortable at all times. He is very gentle when he needs to be but very direct when he needs to be...started on menopur shots. Two days after starting, my body didn’t react as expected so my dose was upped from 3 to 5 vials... We ended up doing an unplanned freeze all which was devastating at the time. I’m glad that he had us go that route though. Having pcos made my body over react to the medication and recovery time was pretty brutal for me.
They [staff at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had...Nurses have been fantastic. They answer emails and messages within two hours and are so passionate about actually helping you get pregnant.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
He was very thorough with all parts of the process. Very kind and explained everything as it was being done. He also made sure that not only I, but my husband, felt comfortable at all times. He is very gentle when he needs to be but very direct when he needs to be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
If you don’t agree with his advice, please let him know and/or take it. He knows what he is doing and only has your best interest in mind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
He was very good at explaining everything and making sure we understood every aspect of the process.
Describe the protocols Jacques Stassart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Started with birth control and other oral medications to prevent infection. Then after my baseline appointment I was able to stop birth control and started on menopur shots. Two days after starting, my body didn’t react as expected so my dose was upped from 3 to 5 vials. This STINGS by the way. After I got where I needed to be and eggies were looking good, we were able to take the lupron to prevent me from ovulating until I could take my trigger shot. I went down for my egg retrieval on a Thursday which worked out perfectly. I needed the weekend to recover as I got HOSS. We ended up doing an unplanned freeze all which was devastating at the time. I’m glad that he had us go that route though. Having pcos made my body over react to the medication and recovery time was pretty brutal for me. It took about a week and a half for my body to feel normal and my ovaries to get back to normal size. I was put on birth control and Now we are just waiting to hear from the doctor on when we can start our frozen transfer. I’m so thankful that we got 11 little embabies because I don’t think I could go through the retrieval procedure again. SO excited to start our frozen transfer and many prayers that the first one sticks!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They actually allowed me to do monitoring at an approved clinic a lot closer to where I lived. RMIA is 3.5 hours from my house and with the 8 monitoring sessions I needed, it was wonderful that they allowed me to use a clinic just 30 minutes from my house
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic offers multiple plans including financing for certain plans. It’s unfortunate that IVF is so expensive and Minnesota is a state that doesn’t offer infertility insurance coverage at all. That leaves no options or help for people that are/weren’t expecting to have such an unexpected expense that. especially one that can’t be controlled such as blocked tubes.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

[Dr. Stassart is] up to date on all the research and customize the protocol to you and your partner... I was on a high dose of menopur to start but my estrogen sky rocketed because I was a great responder so I went down to half the amount of menopur. I stimmes for 9 days and had a retrieval where we retrieved 42 eggs...We switched to a freeze all before the retrieval so that my estrogen could come down and to avoid OHSS...really insisted I do a single embryo transfer because of my age. He wants to keep me safe before trying to push the envelope with two embryos. You don’t know how well someone can carry one baby let alone two. He picks safety first, even though that’s not always what we want!
had a retrieval [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen...I am under the warranty program...It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA...they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
As I said before, Dr. Stassart went out of his way to check on my well being even when I wasn’t planning to see him. My retrieval wasn’t with him but he came and found me after to make sure I was okay even though he was so busy. He calls on vacations and reassures you every step of the way. He is so well versed in IVF and his success rates are outstanding. He is the founder of RMIA but doesn’t act like a JUST the founder—he is really passionate about his patients. Not just about the money and success rates. What other doctor would take the time to call on his vacation and talk with a patient for an hour!
To understand that even though he may be part of the older generation of doctors, he is still up to date on all the research and customize the protocol to you and your partner.
I felt like a human withDr. Stassart for many reasons. At our consultation he explained everything step by step for about an hour and really customized our protocol. We had a great outcome, better than we were expecting! After my retrieval where I got 42 eggs, I was in a lot of pain and Dr. Stassart came and found me even while he was busy doing transfers to make sure that I was alright and to ensure me that a freeze all cycle was going to be great and I would recover with time! After this, he called me on his vacation to personally see how I was recovering and to make sure I was ready to start me frozen embryo transfer. I cannot say enough good things about how human I have felt through this whole process, being as it is so mentally and physically and emotionally tough.
I was on a menopur only protocol and started ganerilix halfway through my stimulation. I was on a high dose of menopur to start but my estrogen sky rocketed because I was a great responder so I went down to half the amount of menopur. I stimmes for 9 days and had a retrieval where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen. We switched to a freeze all before the retrieval so that my estrogen could come down and to avoid OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
The whole staff at RMIA has been great so far. From the scheduling team, to payment team, to nursing team, to anesthesiologist team, to embryology team, to all the doctors and everyone else—they all have been great! They communicated well, and call me every day that I expected. They called when I was going through OHSS symptoms daily... to make sure I was progressing the right way. They truly care about your safety and not just about stats. The one time there was a miscommunication everyone was VERY apologetic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic strengths are that they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
I am under the warranty program with Dr. Stassart. It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA.
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr. Stassart really insisted I do a single embryo transfer because of my age. He wants to keep me safe before trying to push the envelope with two embryos. You don’t know how well someone can carry one baby let alone two. He picks safety first, even though that’s not always what we want!
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] is great at communicating, kind, and patient with myself and my husband. We have mutated pex genes and create terminal babies. He listened to our wishes and didn’t just dismiss things that I felt were important.... This man is amazing . We have done preliminary labs, genetic samples, and met with him. He was so kind and detailed about what to expect. I am so comforted by his many years of experience.
There was a sign on the door requesting no children in the clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates- Woodbury]. While it wouldn’t have bothered us , but we are almost 11 years out on this journey .our second son lived two months and babies used to be such a huge trigger for me. I thought that was a very considerate move by the clinic.... $19,160 ($15,860 IVF + $2,500 monitoring retainer for your retrieval + $800 monitoring retainer for your frozen transfer) Ferring Care program- If you do not have an insurance benefits for the stimulation medications (Menopur, Follistim or Gonal-F), you may purchase Menopur from RMIA at a reduced rate ($77/vial).
He is great at communicating, kind, and patient with myself and my husband. We have mutated pex genes and create terminal babies. He listened to our wishes and didn’t just dismiss things that I felt were important.
You will feel right at home. He made me feel like his own daughter at our first appointment. He made me feel like we were the focus of his entire day. It was great and not rushed.
This man is amazing . We have done preliminary labs, genetic samples, and met with him. He was so kind and detailed about what to expect. I am so comforted by his many years of experience. We also know another family currently pregnant who utilized this genius of a doctor.
We are still in the beginning phases. We have sent out samples for genetic testing to Natera. I just started birth control, aspirin, and 2000 unit QD if vit D.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tawney )
She was so quick to respond to my questions. She was very professional and kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There was a sign on the door requesting no children in the clinic. While it wouldn’t have bothered us , but we are almost 11 years out on this journey .our second son lived two months and babies used to be such a huge trigger for me. I thought that was a very considerate move by the clinic.
Active now Amount due at program start : $19,160 ($15,860 IVF + $2,500 monitoring retainer for your retrieval + $800 monitoring retainer for your frozen transfer) Ferring Care program- If you do not have an insurance benefits for the stimulation medications (Menopur, Follistim or Gonal-F), you may purchase Menopur from RMIA at a reduced rate ($77/vial). The average cost is from $4,000-$6,500 depending on how much is needed. Please let me know if you have further questions regarding programs or prepayment requirements. Plus we will do the pgs and pgd .
My doctor advises one embryo to be transferred but since I have carried 3 pregnancies to full term & delivered my first child who was 9.5 lbs he feels that my uterus could support 2 embryos if that’s our wish. He said after pgs and pgd there will be an 80% chance of a live birth if we place one embryo & 90% chance of a live birth of one embryo if we place 2 after reviewing my history and all the testing our embryos will have done.
+ Read more- Read less

At my consultation before my third and final cycle was to begin, Dr Stassart surprisingly went through all three pages of typed questions I had written to him.... He not only answered all my questions and gave me a new protocol. He also delivered hope - something I lost after the second d&c. But In the consultation room, I sat alone crying, defeated. He told me, there is no guarantee this new protocol will work. I’m fact, it may be worse. But, if for some reason
The clinic [RMIA] is clean and is expanding. I really enjoyed people up at the front Because they called me by name. I especially liked the phlebotomists. There was coffee and drinks. The bathrooms were clean. I liked how I never had to wait long to be taken in for my appointments.... I thought the nurses were mostly good. However, I felt like I had to be extra nice Becaise I called a lot and asked a lot of questions and didn’t want to be a pest.
Please see my last narrative about why and how Dr Stassart treatment me like a human being, rather than just a number. The only things I wished: Inwished I got to see more of Dr Stassart. He did all three of my transfers but I had nurses for all my visits and I had different doctors for my retrieval’s.
Listen to what he has to say, but don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.
I was done. I was so done trying to get pregnant after my second failed pregnancy - my second d&c. But because I bought into the warranty program, I had one more cycle left. I was miserable. I was beyond angry. I felt defeated. My husband was already living in Seattle. But, I knew I needed to push myself through the motions and complete the third cycle. At my consultation before my third and final cycle was to begin, Dr Stassart surprisingly went through all three pages of typed questions I had written to him. I wrote the questions and sent them off, almost positive De Stassart would t read my questions. But, he did - and so much more. He not only answered all my questions and gave me a new protocol. He also delivered hope - something I lost after the second d&c. But In the consultation room, I sat alone crying, defeated. He told me, there is no guarantee this new protocol will work. I’m fact, it may be worse. But, if for some reason this final retrieval and transfer fail, I will give you a fourth and final transfer without fee. This promise - this act of kindness - gave me the strength to help me muster the faith needed to get through one more round of treatment - one in which I basically went through alone because I was in Minnesota and my husband was in Seattle, WA. I can only help but think that in that moment, seeing me alone and crying, allowed him to feel a bit of my pain and offer another round of treatment that would otherwise cost thousands.
I stimmed with only menopur. I used close to 300 vials of menopur. For the final treatment, I was on the Sher protocol.
I thought the nurses were mostly good. However, I felt like I had to be extra nice Becaise I called a lot and asked a lot of questions and didn’t want to be a pest. The service here though was 100x better than at my last clinic, CRM
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is clean and is expanding. I really enjoyed people up at the front Because they called me by name. I especially liked the phlebotomists. There was coffee and drinks. The bathrooms were clean. I liked how I never had to wait long to be taken in for my appointments.
The warranty program was about 22k. I had to pay for medicine. I also had to pay for the trial transfer and saline sonogram, Including disgnostic testing.
Dr. Stassart preferred only transferring one embryo but I fought for two.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Jacques [Dr. Stassart] wants his patients to get pregnant but he doesn't make choices for you. He will inform and answer questions but not make your decisions. He will take the time to explain and answer questions but what is lacking, on occasion, is giving a full picture of everything going on, meaning if I'm not informed enough to ask I might not know something I probably should in terms of treatments, risks, or expectations. I don't have a lot of money
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant.... Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Jacques wants his patients to get pregnant but he doesn't make choices for you. He will inform and answer questions but not make your decisions. He will take the time to explain and answer questions but what is lacking, on occasion, is giving a full picture of everything going on, meaning if I'm not informed enough to ask I might not know something I probably should in terms of treatments, risks, or expectations. I don't have a lot of money and he was also good about telling me what tests he'd recommend vs is probably 'extra' and based on my beliefs probably wouldn't change what I do or could cause me to do the wrong thing...eg testing embryos could result in terminating a healthy embryo.
Be informed and all questions. Do research, read blogs, and ask about it all.
He took the time to meet with me and tell me not to give up hope.
Doses of Folistim were very heavy--doses increased because of my reaction to it. I can't remember the protocol used but I believe it was his own. First cycle 3 eggs result 3 3 day embryos that looked high quality. No pregnancy. Sending cycle 6 eggs, 5 embryos. 2 transferred, miscarriage around 9/10 weeks. Frozen transfer, first attempt cancelled, uterus wasn't thickening, medication used this cycle. 2 attempt natural, transferred remaining 3. Miscarriage at a few weeks.
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant. To be clear I'm not a super open person so this is on me as well. The staff does this everyday and I feel like thought I should just know things which I didn't and sometimes didn't know enough to ask. Eg. needed a different bc for frozen vs fresh. Or not talking me about how to use new drugs-- I'm not a nurse, mixing meds and giving shots is not a normal thing for me. Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute. The answer was there's always the 1 pharmacy in downtown that you can go to... Yes but I have ZERO coverage if it's not through the specialty mail order And that pharmacy doesn't carry everything. Also I felt like they would tell me the minimal amount possible despite asking questions there was no elaborations or reassurances or warnings... It was often very 'flat'
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Coming in, do your research. Make sure they tell you what you want to know. If you did a test you should get the results good or bad. I only got my bad results. They ultimately seem to care and want to be successful but just know, with this or any clinics, no matter the success rate, because you may want to be pregnant and have that bundle of baby more than anything, it's about your body (and hubs) and how it reacts. I didn't always like the business office staff-- I've paid everything but if I was a little late it didn't see a bill it was an issue. Also submitting to insurance, I had to ask itto be done..because I had to pre pay. I do have some...minimal but some coverage and a couple hundred dollars is a big deal to me. I also didn't like that the money was sent to the clinic for my pre paid procedure and then they deducted what they wanted from that.
$9000 for fresh but then add all the monitoring on to of that.
It was my choice. My situation it makes sense for multiple.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does... I took 4 vials of Menopur per shot for the first 4 days and then 3 vials per day thereafter. I took 1/2 tablet dexamethasone at bedtime. I took Flagyl and doxycycline as well. I was prescribed Leuprolide acetate generic to Lupron. Ganirelix Acetate x3. Novarel was my HCG shot. I started Endometrin the day after my embryo transfer. I did that 3 times a day. (54 tablets in total I took). Instead of the "shot in the butt".
The clinic [Reproductive Med & Infertility Associates] is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.... I was so nice that I was able to go to a clinic closer to home for monitoring. Woodbury is 3 hours from home and the clinic I was able to get monitored at was only an hour away. It just made the whole process a bit easier.
Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does. We had infertility clinics there were closer to us be we chose he based on personality and success rate!
Put your faith in him because he can make miracles happen!
Dr. really looked into my lab results along with ultrasounds to make a sound decision on what I personally needed to have a successful IVF treatment. That's how I feel I was truly treated like a human! And it all worked beautifully. I have a wonderful baby girl!
Everyone for the most part was very sweet and friendly. Most everyone was great to work with. Beth seemed a little rough around the edges. I'm sure she meant well. Just wasn't as nice as the others.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.
The procedures, lab test, everything done at RMIA not including any medication was $21,945. This is something our insurance didn't cover.
My Dr. really only wanted to do a single embryo transfer. But I pushed for 2. I really wanted to increase my chances. And I am so glad I did. They put 2 in and only one worked. Which one... who knows. But it worked!!!
+ Read more- Read less

The first treatment I did resulted in only a few poor quality eggs. Dr. Stassart then changed my treatment plan drastically for the next round and the result was 8 high quality eggs followed by 5 high quality embryos. We used 1 and froze the other 4. The treatment that worked was longer and involved a lot more shots than the first round. Dr. Stassart explained that he usually did not start with this protocol because it was so complicated, but that it was very effective.
Clean clinic [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it...They [nurses] were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients...The warranty program was approximately $24,500 not including medications or PGS. Medications were an additional $3500 per cycle. Warranty included 3 cycles and retrievals but we only needed 2.
He seemed very experienced and gave me a lot of information about my treatment including studies to read on my own. He was warm and encouraging but very professional. He met with me twice to discuss my treatment plan and performed the embryo transfers. Another doctor performed the egg retrievals.
Have a list of all your questions ready at your first visit. You likely will not see him again until embryo transfer.
I Did not see the doctor often, but when I did he gave me adequate attention and was very warm.
They were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean clinic facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it.
+ Read more- Read less

We had the most incredible nursing staff [at RMIA]. The compassion and empathy expressed by all of them was second to none. They get to share in some of the happiest days of people's lives and some of the saddest, and I could tell that they just genuinely shared our sadness and our happiness! They were also instrumental in keeping us uplifted and focusing on the positive in each situation.
I was incredibly impressed with Dr. Stassart. He had us talk to a genetic counselor to help us understand the miscarriages we experienced with our first two rounds of IVF, and that these genetic abnormalities can occur with IVF, just as they do with regular pregnancies. For our third round, he did talk to us about trying a slightly different protocol to possibly help decrease the risk of a maternal trisomy, and we decided to try that protocol, which ended up leading to our successful pregnancy and birth of our son. We recently attended a reunion that RMIA puts on for their patients and we got to see Dr. Stassart again and introduce him to our son. He said that after our success with the protocol, he has used it with other patients in similar situations. It was great to see all of the little miracles getting to meet the doctor that made it all possible. We felt like we knew the plan all along the way, when we would expect to meet with Dr. Stassart and when we would be treated by his colleagues. I honestly can't think of one time where I felt I wasn't getting the best treatment and the best, most considerate care.
Dr. Stassart does have an accent, but he speaks slowly and will reiterate any points by writing things down and drawing diagrams/pictures. Do not hesitate to ask him to repeat himself as needed, he is more than happy to!
Dr. Stassart was so very thorough, but always explained things in an easy to understand manner, made sure we understood the process at every step, and took the time to answer all of our questions. His compassion through the whole process was incredible. We experienced two miscarriages with our first two rounds of IVF due to common genetic abnormalities. He called each time to express his condolences, and kept a positive attitude for future success. It helped us stay positive through the whole process.
It is hard to remember all the exact details, but we did use Menopur and Ganirelix (sp?) with each cycle, along with a variety of other oral meds to take at certain times before and after the retrieval and transfer. Menopur was used to stimulate the follicles with the hope of getting as many mature follicles at retrieval. However, that counteracts the natural development of the uterus lining which is needed to support the embryo after transfer, so many of the other medications given were to help the uterine lining develop and just have the most ideal conditions for the embryo to attach and develop. They kept a close eye on everything and tweaked things as needed. For example, with my third round, my follicles were developing as well, so we did a couple extra days of menopur in hopes of not having to cancel the cycle. We were so happy that those couple extra days worked and led to a successful pregnancy and birth.
We had the most incredible nursing staff. The compassion and empathy expressed by all of them was second to none. They get to share in some of the happiest days of people's lives and some of the saddest, and I could tell that they just genuinely shared our sadness and our happiness! They were also instrumental in keeping us uplifted and focusing on the positive in each situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The lobby was very peaceful, nice design and artwork, music, coffee and Dove chocolate! The procedure rooms were also nicely laid out, I felt like the flow was very efficient for both the retrieval and transfer procedures.
We did the warranty program, $24,500 for three rounds of IVF. It is a gamble, if the first round is successful, you pay more than you would for just one round. But if the first round isn't successful, it is definitely worth it. The medication costs were all separate, but they did have a program for purchasing Menopur that was very helpful during my third round.
Dr. Stassart showed us their recommended transfer, based on age, egg quality, etc., and discussed the science behind the recommendations. At my age, the recommendation was to transfer 2, with the hope of a singleton. First round, transferred two, one took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormality. Second round, transferred two, both took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormalities (different from each other and different from the first). Third round, transferred two and one took and resulted in a healthy baby. I completely trusted Dr. Stassart's recommendations with each round, and I felt like he took into account all of the data available from the previous rounds in making his recommendations.

4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Stassart gave my husband and me HOPE when a doctor at another clinic had flatly given up on us. Dr. Stassart explained *all* of our options in a truly kind and dignified manner, instead of cherry-picking regimens as the other doctor had done. Dr. Stassart did not sugarcoat things--we were fully informed of the odds regarding our outcome--and yet he did so in a gentle, human way that gave us HOPE for our future as parents.
RMIA was, hands down, the best clinic for us. All of the nurses and doctors made us feel as if they were on our "journey" along with us! They cried with us when we had disappointing cycles, and cheered from the mountaintops when we finally became pregnant!... I can't recall off-hand, but I feel like IVF rounds with our own eggs was about $15K. I "think" the last round, with donor eggs, was something like $28K.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
We simply cannot adequately explain how thankful we are that we found Dr. Stassart. He is warm, kind, and gentle...I only wish all doctors had his bedside manner! In the emotional whirlwind that comes with the infertility journey, it's reassuring to have a calm, knowledgeable, KIND doctor on your side that's looking out for your best interests.
Bring a pen and paper to your first meeting...Dr. Stassart knows his stuff and you'll want to glean every tidbit of information you can from him!
I cried with the nurses caring for me...they truly, sincerely cared for both my husband and myself, and wanted us to get pregnant just as much (if not more!) than we did!
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Stassart had a very warm approach. He explained the procedures clearly and compassionately. We were impressed with how personable and modest he was. He was correct in his methods, and we were successful on our first try.... We saw Dr. Stassart due to male infertility issues. He explained the Icsi procedure and estimated that based on my medical history and age, the process should be successful with one embryo transfer
The clinic [RMIA] seems to be well organized and supportive of current patients. My only negative rating refers to the time before we started the treatment when we were looking for a diagnosis and potential answers. We got this attitude from the scheduling and business reps, as well as from the NP who initially saw us. We had requested an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart who had been highly recommend to us, but we felt prevented from accessing him by the scheduling staff who assigned us to the NP in spite of repeated requests.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Stassart had a very warm approach. He explained the procedures clearly and compassionately. We were impressed with how personable and modest he was. He was correct in his methods, and we were successful on our first try. We are very grateful to Dr. Stassart for our miracle baby!
Getting started with appointments may be difficult, but once you’re in the door, you can expect a high quality service from Dr. Stassart and his team.
Dr. Stassart and the nurses we saw while in treatment were very warm, kind and personable. However, before we got to the treatment stage, we had had a very difficult time getting an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart to discuss a potential infertility diagnosis that we were initially unsure about. We could not get through to Dr. Stassart, the clinic scheduling reps kept telling us we needed to schedule treatment appointments when we were at first just looking for answers about what, if any infertility issues existed. We felt pressured to decide starting treatment before we were sure that this was the way to go. We could only get an appointment with a NP who coldly and bluntly confirmed an infertility diagnosis that we would have wanted to hear from a doctor. From that perspective, we felt like numbers and that this was mainly a business transaction. After we started the treatment, we felt more warmth and compassion from the staff.
We saw Dr. Stassart due to male infertility issues. He explained the Icsi procedure and estimated that based on my medical history and age, the process should be successful with one embryo transfer. He was correct. We achieved pregnancy from yhour first try, and had a healthy baby.
Once we started the treatment, everyone was wonderful to us, from front desk people, to business reps, to nurses. Before we started the treatment, we felt treated coldly by the scheduling and business reps, and by a the NP who diagnosed the male infertility issue.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic seems to be well organized and supportive of current patients. My only negative rating refers to the time before we started the treatment when we were looking for a diagnosis and potential answers. We got this attitude from the scheduling and business reps, as well as from the NP who initially saw us. We had requested an initial appointment with Dr. Stassart who had been highly recommend to us, but we felt prevented from accessing him by the scheduling staff who assigned us to the NP in spite of repeated requests.
Costs were higher than expected.
Based on my good medical record and relatively young age, Dr. Stassart estimated we would only need one embryo to be successful, and he was correct. We full trusted him and went with his recommendation.

Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour...He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
The entire team [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing...Strengths - the buildings were beautiful, the team was great, they fit me in relatively quickly once our records were transferred, they went through how to do injections and mix syringes well, and they answered the phone and responded to my questions at any time of day and night (when necessary). Cons - sometimes the instructions were confusing, so I mistakenly took a Ganirelix right on day 1, which was NOT right.
Other, Unexplained
He got us a baby. That is by far the most important thing. He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
Be ready to become a parent.
He spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour.
I'm sorry, I don't recall all of the drugs used or how much. I did a high dosage Menopur and Follistim cycle, triggered with Novarel. I took 2 oral medications, as well. I only did progesterone suppositories for the first 6 weeks. No PIO. Took 2 ganirelix acetate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Not sure if I was assigned one, but Melissa in Edina was my primary nurse. I LOVED her.)
The entire team was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing. Melissa was the one who called me with the news and I will never forget that. She was incredible. She gave me a hug during the process, met my mother who accompanied me sometimes. She was great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They had time frames to be seen for different monitoring, like after pregnancy and before the IVF procedure. Like I said, I was seen in Edina for these. Most of my appointments were done before work (like 6:30 or 7am), which was amazing and meant I didn't have to miss any work. For others, I sometimes did them over the lunch hour. It was great! Plus, I'd walk in and the receptionist knew me and I'd be seen right away.
Most of it was covered by my insurance, thankfully. I know that ICSI was $800, and we did that. The cost of IVF was about $9,000, I believe. And worth every cent.
Doctor definitely wanted us to do the eSET because of the risks associated with a multiples pregnancy. We still did multiple embryo transfer, but had a singleton pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Stassart has a number of strengths, he's very personable, which was important to me as this process is very emotionally and physically taxing. His loooong experience within the field along with his ability to explain everything very thoroughly gave me hope. (A positive outlook goes a long way considering the stress infertility causes). I never once doubted his direction and he always took a lot of time to make sure my husband and I truly understood everything.
Everything about this clinic was wonderful. From scheduling and communication, to getting a clear understanding of my care, I couldn't be happier. RMIA also does a yearly event where you can bring your kids and meet with the doctor and some of his/her staff.... The whole team i worked with at their two locations were wonderful. Very friendly, informative, and kind. I always was seen quickly, felt confident about my care, and felt like a priority. Whenever I called in, my calls were returned within the hour.
His clinic is not for everyone. Dr. Stassart's clinic offers a guarantee finance program, which means based on your age you pay a certain amount for up to three egg retrials and all of the transfers that go along with created embryos. If they do not result in a live pregnancy +30 days, you get a high percentage of your money back. This means not all patients will be excepted to this clinic for services.
Dr. Stassart was amazing, I had just come from a bad experience at a different clinic and not only was he extremely helpful and thorough in his explanations, but he made me feel very positive for the first time.
I had a smaller egg retrieval my first cycle. Only 9 mature eggs that only resulted in 2 day five embryos. Two embryos were transferred with only one of the embryos being of top quality. This resulted in a negative pregnancy. My second egg retrieval only had very minor medication changes, but resulted in 26 mature eggs and 11 top quality embryos. The fresh transfer of two embryos resulted in a blighted ovum miscarriage (the D&C results indicated due to a chromosomal abnormality). 9 embryos were then frozen. The 3rd transfer included 2 frozen embryos and resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney, Joni, Nancy- all were great)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I did the guarantee program as a 36 year old, so that meant it was about $20,000
This doctor always recommended the transfer of two embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Stassert sat down with us for quite a while and explained the entire IVF process in great detail. He was kind and patient and answered all of our questions.... We had a great experience with Dr. Stassart. He made the process and simple as possible and we had a great outcome on our very first cycle with him. He explained everything thoroughly and answered all of our questions.
The clinic [RMIA- Woodbury] was very organized. Every employee, from the front desk receptionist to the financial manager was very helpful, friendly and professional. Everyone we came into contact with was very sensitive to our situation and did not treat us like just a number.... I live out of state and did monitoring with my local OB. RIMA was great at contacting my home clinic if results were not forwarded to them in a timely manner. I was slightly apprehensive about doing monitoring at a different clinic but it actually was a pretty seamless and simple process.
I would recommend choosing Dr. Stassart if a prospective patient is choosing between multiple providers.
I do not remember specific protocols.
All nurses we encountered at the clinic were great! Caring, compassionate and professional.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic was very organized. Every employee, from the front desk receptionist to the financial manager was very helpful, friendly and professional. Everyone we came into contact with was very sensitive to our situation and did not treat us like just a number.
I think the cost of 1 round of IVF in 2016 was about 24,000 total, including meds. We did the risk sharing plan, which gave me great peace of mind throughout the process. Knowing I would get my money back if IVF was not successful was a huge weight off my shoulders.

2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
I would (and have) recommend Dr Stassart to anyone and everyone going through fertility issues. He kept my hope alive after each cycle that didn't work. I felt like giving up, but he changed things each cycle to help me believe that this cycle would work...By my 5 (and 6th) cycles, Dr Stassart literally threw the book at me. He could t understand why it wasn't working. He said he didn't think I would need certain meds, but he gave them to me anyways, just to cover all the bases.
A strength of this clinic [RMIA] is that they have a Birthday party every year for the families that have achieved pregnancy with them. We love attending!...The nurses we also very empathetic. They made you feel like they knew what you were going through....He [Dr Stassart] may take a little longer to get an appointment with initially, but that's only because he SO good at what he does! Trust him! He knows what he's doing!!...He was very empathetic. I truly felt like he wanted me to achieve pregnancy.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
I would (and have) recommend Dr Stassart to anyone and everyone going through fertility issues. He kept my hope alive after each cycle that didn't work. I felt like giving up, but he changed things each cycle to help me believe that this cycle would work. I am extremely grateful to him for not giving up on me and working so hard to help me become a mom.
He may take a little longer to get an appointment with initially, but that's only because he SO good at what he does! Trust him! He knows what he's doing!!
Dr Stassart would say "If you were my daughter..." a lot. He was very empathetic. I truly felt like he wanted me to achieve pregnancy.
By my 5 (and 6th) cycles, Dr Stassart literally threw the book at me. He could t understand why it wasn't working. He said he didn't think I would need certain meds, but he gave them to me anyways, just to cover all the bases. On my 5th cycle I received my first positive. Unfortunately that ended in miscarriage. My 6th cycle I was pregnant with twins and lost one. I am thankful that he did everything he did for me!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
A strength of this clinic is that they have a Birthday party every year for the families that have achieved pregnancy with them. We love attending! The other strength is that Dr Stassart works there :)

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Stassart] is warm, caring, truly wants to help. Explains everything throughly and in a way we understand. Available to answer any questions. Overall wonderful doctor. We felt comfortable and at ease. Is honest, positive and open.... Very kind, warm, caring. Great bed side manner. Really wanted to help us. Sincere. Waited to go on a trip so he could do our embryo transfer!
Warm, inviting, very clean. Calming environment. Staff [Repro Med & Infertility Associates] is friendly, helpful, and truly care. Comfortable and welcoming. Offer coffee, water, while you wait. Take care of you. Strengths: clean, inviting, warm and friendly staff there to help make it the most comfortable experience.... [nursing staff] Kind, sincere, caring, helpful. Answered any questions we had. Explained everything that was going to happen. Compassionate about what they do.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He is warm, caring, truly wants to help. Explains everything throughly and in a way we understand. Available to answer any questions. Overall wonderful doctor. We felt comfortable and at ease. Is honest, positive and open.
He truly cares and wants to help.
10 days of menopur and ganirelix. Lupron and pregnyl trigger shots. Practice transfer and sonohystogram before treatment. Retrieval, embryo transfer. All due to endometriosis and blocked tubes.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Warm, inviting, very clean. Calming environment. Staff is friendly, helpful, and truly care. Comfortable and welcoming. Offer coffee, water, while you wait. Take care of you. Strengths: clean, inviting, warm and friendly staff there to help make it the most comfortable experience.
Fully trusted his plan and knew we were in good hands when doing single embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Stassart is a great doctor, I 100% trust him and his knowledge. ... I never once have felt stressed under Dr. Stassarts care. I feel completely confident in his abilities. ... We have done 2 cycles in 2018 that have failed & we have 1 more round under the warranty program [Repro Med & Infertility Assoc]. I am confident that he will do everything he can to help me get pregnant.
I have consistently worked with the same nurse the last few IVF cycles. She is wonderful, we typically communicate through email (which is easiest for me and my preference). She always responds quickly. ... The hope warranty program [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Assoc] was $28,000 in 2018 for me ... The warranty programs available are amazing. ... I 100% recommend this clinic.
Dr. Stassart is a great doctor, I 100% trust him and his knowledge. I did get pregnant from IVF with my daughter in 2015. We have done 2 cycles in 2018 that have failed & we have 1 more round under the warranty program. I am confident that he will do everything he can to help me get pregnant. The warranty programs available are amazing. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor.
You won’t regret choosing him as a doctor and trust his plans.
Dr. Stassart is great, I had previously seen a local doctor for my IUI cycles and she always stressed me out. I never once have felt stressed under Dr. Stassarts care. I feel completely confident in his abilities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Beth )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I have nothing negative to say about this clinic. They helped me have my daughter, I hope they can help me have more babies. I always suggest or recommend them to friends having issues conceiving. The warranty options are amazing. I 100% recommend this clinic.
The hope warranty program was $28,000 in 2018 for me.
He didn’t have a strong preference. He did warn me about the risk of multiples. My husband and I have always transferred 2 embryos. I was pretty positive I wanted to transfer 2 regardless and my husband and I were on the same page.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. ... Dr.Stassart was very helpful making us understand the entire process and did not hesitate to answer to the detailed level of our ask.
Clinic was conveniently located, it had multiple locations to get labs done. Compassionate staff, Comfortable care. High standard in protocols. Quality equipment.Very professional, we will go back to them if required in our journey of building the family. ... Appointment follow ups, reminders would have helped. Time to return the call was high, and would have been better if it was quick as the entire process is time senstive.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. It would have helped better if the nurses could take the calls on priority and get the answers quicker to relieve my stress on timelines of meds intake.
Bear with the nursing staff and do not expect that there will reminders on the process. Do you homework on all the expectations and process timelines for better outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Doctor had a strong preference to single transfer since it was a first time and it turned positvely for us. I appreciate his input on single transfer and helping us not risk on multiples.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
[Dr. Jacques Stassart is a] Wonderful, understanding man with a sensitivity to the many years my husband and I struggled through our infertility journey. He was upfront, honest, and a no non-sense man who was there to ensure a viable pregnancy would be the end result... He is not one for casual conversation, but ultimately there to make your dream of becoming a parent come to fruition. He is honest and tender when discussing the hardship that comes with infertility struggles. He has a way of easing your mind with potential reservations to starting the IVF process.
Clean facility, warm and inviting, private/confidential. Spacious. Staff knows you by first name. Never feel like a stranger in the company of RMIA employees. Easy to navigate to. Parking is adequate to size of clinic.... All the nursing staff made themselves available to questions and concerns. Quite timely with communication.... The care we received was top-notch, staff were always available during this process to answer questions and provide clarification. They were always accommodating to our needs.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
You will be in great hands. He has many years of experience with high success rates. He is not one for casual conversation, but ultimately there to make your dream of becoming a parent come to fruition. He is honest and tender when discussing the hardship that comes with infertility struggles. He has a way of easing your mind with potential reservations to starting the IVF process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Monitored in my home town. Not in Woodbury. Communication between sites was great.
25,000+
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr.Stassart was so caring and kind. He would call me personally and when we had a lot of challenges, called and met with us in person to create a plan to help us. He gave us his confidence and prayers and hope..... We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
The clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates] had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.... The nurses were amazing too! They were so compassionate and when I was worried about anything, they reassured me whether it be over the phone or in person. They were even there for a hug when I needed it too.
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
His care, compassion, hope and expertise was a huge gift to us. He really knows what he is doing and does it with care. After a long journey, he gave us continued hope, and he was right, we we blessed with 3 beautiful children!
Infertility is so hard, praying for everyone in their journey. Where there is a will, there is a way!
We did the HOPE program, I had a very speicific medication and injections routine (can't remember names and dosages).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.
We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
We did both. He was clear about the success rates based on our situation and gave his recommendation but ultimately gave us the say in what happened.

2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Stassart always knew personal information and used our names throughout the process like he had known us for years. He was kind and very genuine...was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately...The clinic was very organized and had clear protocols. They made appointments easy to schedule and results were easily accessible. The beginning process seemed to take longer than expected, but that could have been due to our excitement to start the process. We were able to order medication through the clinic, but thought it would be nice to have more selection through other vendors.
2013
European, South Asian
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr Stassart was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
If you were to see Dr. Stassart, the only advice I would have is to make a referral. He was great and I recommended him to multiple friends and family.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
It was around $24,000 and at least $5,000-6,000 for medication.

2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions... I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options.
I felt they [the clinic staff] all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome... While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.
2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions on the process. He spoke directly to me, and treated me both as a patient and as a person. He was encouraging throughout the process. I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options. When we finally received a positive outcome, he calmed my fears about pregnancy.
Be comfortable and ask questions.
All members of the staff treated me as a patient, from the receptionist that greeted me to the nurses, doctors, financial and administrative staff. I felt they all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome. Most recently, when I conceived naturally, I reached out to RMIA, and everyone with whom I spoke or received correspondence was so happy for me and seemed to remember me despite the 2 years that had passes since my last treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Courtney)
While maintaining a professional relationship, I viewed them as friends and expected they would 'hold my hand' throughout the process. While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Stassart] did a sonohystogram and trial transfer. All went well. He explained everything he was doing step by step. Helped us understand the process of what we would be doing. ... Little difficult to understand with his Belgium accent. ... Warm, understanding, felt like he cared and wanted to really help us. Knew we were in good hands. Helped us understand the process and felt comfortable knowing he would help us.
Clean, warm and welcoming. Very calming and comfortable. Inviting and complimentary coffe, chocolate and quiet music. Friendly staff [Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Associates] and caring. Easy to find way around. Location good, easy to find. Offer lots of Parking and clinic not too big or small. ... [nursing staff] Very kind, caring, helpful and great communication. ...
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Warm, understanding, felt like he cared and wanted to really help us. Knew we were in good hands. Helped us understand the process and felt comfortable knowing he would help us. Explained everything in detail and was very open and willing to answer our questions.
Little difficult to understand with his Belgium accent.
He was very understanding and knowledgeable. Walked us through everything. Felt very good about our plan after we left.
He did a sonohystogram and trial transfer. All went well. He explained everything he was doing step by step. Helped us understand the process of what we would be doing.
Very kind, caring, helpful and great communication.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean, warm and welcoming. Very calming and comfortable. Inviting and complimentary coffe, chocolate and quiet music. Friendly staff and caring. Easy to find way around. Location good, easy to find. Offer lots of Parking and clinic not too big or small.
$19,500 plus medications.
+ Read more- Read less

He’s [Dr. Jacques Stassart] very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.... At the kart moment we triggered with lupron instead of hcg which I believe is the reason I didn’t get ohss
The front desk to most of the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Assoc- Woodbury] are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.... Melissa is amazing! Personal upbeat and Anaya’s positive. Mary was akways grumpy with poor bedside manner.
He’s very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.
He’s amazing and smart.
He’s very caring and explains everything with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The front desk to most of the nurses are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.
He mentioned multiple times the risk of more than one embryo

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff [RMIA] did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy...He is very personable and also hires like-minded staff. We felt very comfortable asking questions and making requests...
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy.
It has been several years so I do not recall all of the protocols. I would say that the antibiotics were not necessary in my case and I think that unless there is a specific reason cited (i.e. bacterial infection) I would not take them. The cycle in which I took antibiotics resulted in miscarriage, the cycle in which I opted out resulted in a full term healthy baby!

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Nursing staff at RMIA was] very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurred, but nothing too bad.With Dr Stassart I felt in such good hands. Every procedure he explained exactly what was to occur, was very gentle and was confident in what he was doing. He takes the time to explain everything in detail and makes you feel like he is there struggling with you and wants this to work just as much as you do...Know that you will only see him when doing IVF procedures and consultations. But his nursing team does an amazing job on the checkup appointments in between.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very warm and sensitive to our situation. I feel vey comfortable and confident in his abilities as an RE.
Very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurre but nothing too bad.
+ Read more- Read less

We trusted him [Dr. Stassart] 100% and are so happy that we did!...is so very patient and explains every detail in a way that you (and your partner) can actually understand. I never felt rushed, and always felt like his only patient...He immediately zoned in on my egg quality and we found out after 8 years of TTC that it was def. my eggs. They had a 'harder outer shell' that the sperm could not penetrate. My previous Dr. had not mentioned this, so I immediately felt all other treatments were not necessary and just a waste
From the moment I spoke with the financial office [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates], I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress...Wonderful staff!...We trusted him [Dr. Stassart] 100% and are so happy that we did
He made us feel so comfortable and was so informative and kind. He made it very easy to understand the steps and made a heartbreaking situation (infertility) seem hopeful. We will never forget our experience that was made easier by Dr. Stassert and his staff.
Make the appointment! Don't be scared, it's just a consultation. I promise that you will leave more confident than when you entered.
Dr. Stassert is so very patient and explains every detail in a way that you (and your partner) can actually understand. I never felt rushed, and always felt like his only patient.
He immediately zoned in on my egg quality and we found out after 8 years of TTC that it was def. my eggs. They had a 'harder outer shell' that the sperm could not penetrate. My previous Dr. had not mentioned this, so I immediately felt all other treatments were not necessary and just a waste. Very frustrating! However, Dr. Stassert figured this out almost immediately. He recommended ICSI and we decided to go with his recommendation. We trusted him 100% and are so happy that we did!
Wonderful staff!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
From the moment I spoke with the financial office, I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress.
I was covered under insurance so we had to meet our deductible. I'm not too sure about the costs.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Stassart took the time to fully explain everything to both me and my husband. He sat down with us during our initial consultation and explained the entire process, as well as how it related to our situation. He was warm and friendly, and we truly felt like he paid careful attention to our situation in order to help us achieve pregnancy.... We discussed this with Dr. Stassart as we wanted to transfer two embryo's. Dr. Stassart explained how this decision could play out (regarding multiple live births), but ultimately let us know that it was our decision as to how many embryos to transfer, and that he would support our decision to transfer more than one.
RMIA does a good job of being thorough with their intake so that they can develop the most successful plan possible. As a patient, it can be frustrating to wait a little longer or have to do more testing before beginning a cycle, but it's worth it if it means a plan that works.... Nursing staff was wonderful- they answered all of my questions and were always quick to respond to phone calls. They were warm and friendly, and appropriately optimistic.
Dr. Stassart was incredibly knowledgeable. We felt like his years of experience truly translated into him making an informed course of action for us- we didn't feel like we were expected to fit in to a one-size-fits-all program.
Ask questions! He's more than willing to discuss anything and everything, so utilize that time.
Menopur and Gonal-F, trigger shot after 7 days.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Our cycle was just shy of $8000 (completely out of pocket), with another $5000 in medication (out of pocket).
2012 - 2017
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Stassart was so kind and gentle and warm, the best of all human characteristics!...For my first IVF, Dr. Stassart used 2 embryos, which resulted in my daughter. That left only one (1) embryo, which we stored at cryolab. 5 years later, Dr. Stassart used that one embryo we had left and we got our son!! Amazing.
There's SO much information and critical things to keep track of. RMIA doesn't make you feel bad/rushed for calling to clarify things often. ... We used the IVF guarantee success plan. I believe it was around $25k for up to 3 IVF cycles and if they didn't result in a successful pregnancy, you got your money back!... For my first IVF, Dr. Stassart used 2 embryos, which resulted in my daughter. That left only one (1) embryo, which we stored at cryolab. 5 years later, Dr. Stassart used that one embryo we had left and we got our son!! Amazing.
2012 - 2017
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
If I could, I would score Dr. Stassart 10-plus-infinity! He was 2-for-2 - 200% for me!! Without him, I wouldn't have my family; 2 kids, 1 son and 1 daughter. I could NEVER THANK Dr. Stassart enough for making my dreams come true so quickly and easily!!
Keep it Up!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There's SO much information and critical things to keep track of. RMIA doesn't make you feel bad/rushed for calling to clarify things often. ......................................................................................................................................................................................
Yes, Dr. Stassart consulted. I fully trusted him and did whatever and exactly what he said and both my IVFs worked the first time both times!