Medical SchoolCatholic U. of Louvain
Edina, MN 55435
651-222-6050
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jacques Stassart to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates to a friend?
Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does... I took 4 vials of Menopur per shot for the first 4 days and then 3 vials per day thereafter. I took 1/2 tablet dexamethasone at bedtime. I took Flagyl and doxycycline as well. I was prescribed Leuprolide acetate generic to Lupron. Ganirelix Acetate x3. Novarel was my HCG shot. I started Endometrin the day after my embryo transfer. I did that 3 times a day. (54 tablets in total I took). Instead of the "shot in the butt".
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does. We had infertility clinics there were closer to us be we chose he based on personality and success rate!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Put your faith in him because he can make miracles happen!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. really looked into my lab results along with ultrasounds to make a sound decision on what I personally needed to have a successful IVF treatment. That's how I feel I was truly treated like a human! And it all worked beautifully. I have a wonderful baby girl!
Describe the protocols Jacques Stassart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Everyone for the most part was very sweet and friendly. Most everyone was great to work with. Beth seemed a little rough around the edges. I'm sure she meant well. Just wasn't as nice as the others.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I was so nice that I was able to go to a clinic closer to home for monitoring. Woodbury is 3 hours from home and the clinic I was able to get monitored at was only an hour away. It just made the whole process a bit easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The procedures, lab test, everything done at RMIA not including any medication was $21,945. This is something our insurance didn't cover.
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
My Dr. really only wanted to do a single embryo transfer. But I pushed for 2. I really wanted to increase my chances. And I am so glad I did. They put 2 in and only one worked. Which one... who knows. But it worked!!!
Woodbury
The first treatment I did resulted in only a few poor quality eggs. Dr. Stassart then changed my treatment plan drastically for the next round and the result was 8 high quality eggs followed by 5 high quality embryos. We used 1 and froze the other 4. The treatment that worked was longer and involved a lot more shots than the first round. Dr. Stassart explained that he usually did not start with this protocol because it was so complicated, but that it was very effective.
He seemed very experienced and gave me a lot of information about my treatment including studies to read on my own. He was warm and encouraging but very professional. He met with me twice to discuss my treatment plan and performed the embryo transfers. Another doctor performed the egg retrievals.
Have a list of all your questions ready at your first visit. You likely will not see him again until embryo transfer.
I Did not see the doctor often, but when I did he gave me adequate attention and was very warm.
They were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean clinic facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it.
The warranty program was approximately $24,500 not including medications or PGS. Medications were an additional $3500 per cycle. Warranty included 3 cycles and retrievals but we only needed 2.
None, Other
None, Other
I was incredibly impressed with Dr. Stassart. He had us talk to a genetic counselor to help us understand the miscarriages we experienced with our first two rounds of IVF, and that these genetic abnormalities can occur with IVF, just as they do with regular pregnancies. For our third round, he did talk to us about trying a slightly different protocol to possibly help decrease the risk of a maternal trisomy, and we decided to try that protocol, which ended up leading to our successful pregnancy and birth of our son. We recently attended a reunion that RMIA puts on for their patients and we got to see Dr. Stassart again and introduce him to our son. He said that after our success with the protocol, he has used it with other patients in similar situations. It was great to see all of the little miracles getting to meet the doctor that made it all possible. We felt like we knew the plan all along the way, when we would expect to meet with Dr. Stassart and when we would be treated by his colleagues. I honestly can't think of one time where I felt I wasn't getting the best treatment and the best, most considerate care.
Dr. Stassart does have an accent, but he speaks slowly and will reiterate any points by writing things down and drawing diagrams/pictures. Do not hesitate to ask him to repeat himself as needed, he is more than happy to!
Dr. Stassart was so very thorough, but always explained things in an easy to understand manner, made sure we understood the process at every step, and took the time to answer all of our questions. His compassion through the whole process was incredible. We experienced two miscarriages with our first two rounds of IVF due to common genetic abnormalities. He called each time to express his condolences, and kept a positive attitude for future success. It helped us stay positive through the whole process.
It is hard to remember all the exact details, but we did use Menopur and Ganirelix (sp?) with each cycle, along with a variety of other oral meds to take at certain times before and after the retrieval and transfer. Menopur was used to stimulate the follicles with the hope of getting as many mature follicles at retrieval. However, that counteracts the natural development of the uterus lining which is needed to support the embryo after transfer, so many of the other medications given were to help the uterine lining develop and just have the most ideal conditions for the embryo to attach and develop. They kept a close eye on everything and tweaked things as needed. For example, with my third round, my follicles were developing as well, so we did a couple extra days of menopur in hopes of not having to cancel the cycle. We were so happy that those couple extra days worked and led to a successful pregnancy and birth.
We had the most incredible nursing staff. The compassion and empathy expressed by all of them was second to none. They get to share in some of the happiest days of people's lives and some of the saddest, and I could tell that they just genuinely shared our sadness and our happiness! They were also instrumental in keeping us uplifted and focusing on the positive in each situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The lobby was very peaceful, nice design and artwork, music, coffee and Dove chocolate! The procedure rooms were also nicely laid out, I felt like the flow was very efficient for both the retrieval and transfer procedures.
We did the warranty program, $24,500 for three rounds of IVF. It is a gamble, if the first round is successful, you pay more than you would for just one round. But if the first round isn't successful, it is definitely worth it. The medication costs were all separate, but they did have a program for purchasing Menopur that was very helpful during my third round.
Dr. Stassart showed us their recommended transfer, based on age, egg quality, etc., and discussed the science behind the recommendations. At my age, the recommendation was to transfer 2, with the hope of a singleton. First round, transferred two, one took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormality. Second round, transferred two, both took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormalities (different from each other and different from the first). Third round, transferred two and one took and resulted in a healthy baby. I completely trusted Dr. Stassart's recommendations with each round, and I felt like he took into account all of the data available from the previous rounds in making his recommendations.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Stassart gave my husband and me HOPE when a doctor at another clinic had flatly given up on us. Dr. Stassart explained *all* of our options in a truly kind and dignified manner, instead of cherry-picking regimens as the other doctor had done. Dr. Stassart did not sugarcoat things--we were fully informed of the odds regarding our outcome--and yet he did so in a gentle, human way that gave us HOPE for our future as parents.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
We simply cannot adequately explain how thankful we are that we found Dr. Stassart. He is warm, kind, and gentle...I only wish all doctors had his bedside manner! In the emotional whirlwind that comes with the infertility journey, it's reassuring to have a calm, knowledgeable, KIND doctor on your side that's looking out for your best interests.
Bring a pen and paper to your first meeting...Dr. Stassart knows his stuff and you'll want to glean every tidbit of information you can from him!
I cried with the nurses caring for me...they truly, sincerely cared for both my husband and myself, and wanted us to get pregnant just as much (if not more!) than we did!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
RMIA was, hands down, the best clinic for us. All of the nurses and doctors made us feel as if they were on our "journey" along with us! They cried with us when we had disappointing cycles, and cheered from the mountaintops when we finally became pregnant!
I can't recall off-hand, but I feel like IVF rounds with our own eggs was about $15K. I "think" the last round, with donor eggs, was something like $28K.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour...He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
Other, Unexplained
He got us a baby. That is by far the most important thing. He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
Be ready to become a parent.
He spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour.
I'm sorry, I don't recall all of the drugs used or how much. I did a high dosage Menopur and Follistim cycle, triggered with Novarel. I took 2 oral medications, as well. I only did progesterone suppositories for the first 6 weeks. No PIO. Took 2 ganirelix acetate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Not sure if I was assigned one, but Melissa in Edina was my primary nurse. I LOVED her.)
The entire team was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing. Melissa was the one who called me with the news and I will never forget that. She was incredible. She gave me a hug during the process, met my mother who accompanied me sometimes. She was great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Strengths - the buildings were beautiful, the team was great, they fit me in relatively quickly once our records were transferred, they went through how to do injections and mix syringes well, and they answered the phone and responded to my questions at any time of day and night (when necessary). Cons - sometimes the instructions were confusing, so I mistakenly took a Ganirelix right on day 1, which was NOT right.
They had time frames to be seen for different monitoring, like after pregnancy and before the IVF procedure. Like I said, I was seen in Edina for these. Most of my appointments were done before work (like 6:30 or 7am), which was amazing and meant I didn't have to miss any work. For others, I sometimes did them over the lunch hour. It was great! Plus, I'd walk in and the receptionist knew me and I'd be seen right away.
Most of it was covered by my insurance, thankfully. I know that ICSI was $800, and we did that. The cost of IVF was about $9,000, I believe. And worth every cent.
Doctor definitely wanted us to do the eSET because of the risks associated with a multiples pregnancy. We still did multiple embryo transfer, but had a singleton pregnancy.
Woodbury
Dr. Stassart has a number of strengths, he's very personable, which was important to me as this process is very emotionally and physically taxing. His loooong experience within the field along with his ability to explain everything very thoroughly gave me hope. (A positive outlook goes a long way considering the stress infertility causes). I never once doubted his direction and he always took a lot of time to make sure my husband and I truly understood everything.
His clinic is not for everyone. Dr. Stassart's clinic offers a guarantee finance program, which means based on your age you pay a certain amount for up to three egg retrials and all of the transfers that go along with created embryos. If they do not result in a live pregnancy +30 days, you get a high percentage of your money back. This means not all patients will be excepted to this clinic for services.
Dr. Stassart was amazing, I had just come from a bad experience at a different clinic and not only was he extremely helpful and thorough in his explanations, but he made me feel very positive for the first time.
I had a smaller egg retrieval my first cycle. Only 9 mature eggs that only resulted in 2 day five embryos. Two embryos were transferred with only one of the embryos being of top quality. This resulted in a negative pregnancy. My second egg retrieval only had very minor medication changes, but resulted in 26 mature eggs and 11 top quality embryos. The fresh transfer of two embryos resulted in a blighted ovum miscarriage (the D&C results indicated due to a chromosomal abnormality). 9 embryos were then frozen. The 3rd transfer included 2 frozen embryos and resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney, Joni, Nancy- all were great)
The whole team i worked with at their two locations were wonderful. Very friendly, informative, and kind. I always was seen quickly, felt confident about my care, and felt like a priority. Whenever I called in, my calls were returned within the hour.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Everything about this clinic was wonderful. From scheduling and communication, to getting a clear understanding of my care, I couldn't be happier. RMIA also does a yearly event where you can bring your kids and meet with the doctor and some of his/her staff.
I did the guarantee program as a 36 year old, so that meant it was about $20,000
This doctor always recommended the transfer of two embryos.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
I would (and have) recommend Dr Stassart to anyone and everyone going through fertility issues. He kept my hope alive after each cycle that didn't work. I felt like giving up, but he changed things each cycle to help me believe that this cycle would work...By my 5 (and 6th) cycles, Dr Stassart literally threw the book at me. He could t understand why it wasn't working. He said he didn't think I would need certain meds, but he gave them to me anyways, just to cover all the bases.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
I would (and have) recommend Dr Stassart to anyone and everyone going through fertility issues. He kept my hope alive after each cycle that didn't work. I felt like giving up, but he changed things each cycle to help me believe that this cycle would work. I am extremely grateful to him for not giving up on me and working so hard to help me become a mom.
He may take a little longer to get an appointment with initially, but that's only because he SO good at what he does! Trust him! He knows what he's doing!!
Dr Stassart would say "If you were my daughter..." a lot. He was very empathetic. I truly felt like he wanted me to achieve pregnancy.
By my 5 (and 6th) cycles, Dr Stassart literally threw the book at me. He could t understand why it wasn't working. He said he didn't think I would need certain meds, but he gave them to me anyways, just to cover all the bases. On my 5th cycle I received my first positive. Unfortunately that ended in miscarriage. My 6th cycle I was pregnant with twins and lost one. I am thankful that he did everything he did for me!
The nurses we also very empathetic. They made you feel like they knew what you were going through.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
A strength of this clinic is that they have a Birthday party every year for the families that have achieved pregnancy with them. We love attending! The other strength is that Dr Stassart works there :)
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
[Dr. Jacques Stassart is a] Wonderful, understanding man with a sensitivity to the many years my husband and I struggled through our infertility journey. He was upfront, honest, and a no non-sense man who was there to ensure a viable pregnancy would be the end result... He is not one for casual conversation, but ultimately there to make your dream of becoming a parent come to fruition. He is honest and tender when discussing the hardship that comes with infertility struggles. He has a way of easing your mind with potential reservations to starting the IVF process.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
You will be in great hands. He has many years of experience with high success rates. He is not one for casual conversation, but ultimately there to make your dream of becoming a parent come to fruition. He is honest and tender when discussing the hardship that comes with infertility struggles. He has a way of easing your mind with potential reservations to starting the IVF process.
The care we received was top-notch, staff were always available during this process to answer questions and provide clarification. They were always accommodating to our needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
All the nursing staff made themselves available to questions and concerns. Quite timely with communication.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean facility, warm and inviting, private/confidential. Spacious. Staff knows you by first name. Never feel like a stranger in the company of RMIA employees. Easy to navigate to. Parking is adequate to size of clinic.
Monitored in my home town. Not in Woodbury. Communication between sites was great.
25,000+
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr.Stassart was so caring and kind. He would call me personally and when we had a lot of challenges, called and met with us in person to create a plan to help us. He gave us his confidence and prayers and hope..... We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
His care, compassion, hope and expertise was a huge gift to us. He really knows what he is doing and does it with care. After a long journey, he gave us continued hope, and he was right, we we blessed with 3 beautiful children!
Infertility is so hard, praying for everyone in their journey. Where there is a will, there is a way!
We did the HOPE program, I had a very speicific medication and injections routine (can't remember names and dosages).
The nurses were amazing too! They were so compassionate and when I was worried about anything, they reassured me whether it be over the phone or in person. They were even there for a hug when I needed it too.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic had a lot of options, we were so thankful for the HOPE program. The location, size and hours in Edina were very convenient and manageable for working.
We did the HOPE program that included three full cycles or your money back.
We did both. He was clear about the success rates based on our situation and gave his recommendation but ultimately gave us the say in what happened.
2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Stassart always knew personal information and used our names throughout the process like he had known us for years. He was kind and very genuine...was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
2013
European, South Asian
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr Stassart was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
If you were to see Dr. Stassart, the only advice I would have is to make a referral. He was great and I recommended him to multiple friends and family.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic was very organized and had clear protocols. They made appointments easy to schedule and results were easily accessible. The beginning process seemed to take longer than expected, but that could have been due to our excitement to start the process. We were able to order medication through the clinic, but thought it would be nice to have more selection through other vendors.
It was around $24,000 and at least $5,000-6,000 for medication.
2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions... I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options.
2011 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Stassart is extremely knowledgeable and kind mannered. He explained the process in a manner than I could understand. He respected my opinions on the process. He spoke directly to me, and treated me both as a patient and as a person. He was encouraging throughout the process. I never moved to advanced treatment without fully understanding my medical and financial options. When we finally received a positive outcome, he calmed my fears about pregnancy.
Be comfortable and ask questions.
All members of the staff treated me as a patient, from the receptionist that greeted me to the nurses, doctors, financial and administrative staff. I felt they all knew be by first name and were genuinely concerned about my outcome. Most recently, when I conceived naturally, I reached out to RMIA, and everyone with whom I spoke or received correspondence was so happy for me and seemed to remember me despite the 2 years that had passes since my last treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Courtney)
While maintaining a professional relationship, I viewed them as friends and expected they would 'hold my hand' throughout the process. While the process was hard, I never got extremely upset because of the constant encouragement from my care team.
Edina
He’s [Dr. Jacques Stassart] very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.... At the kart moment we triggered with lupron instead of hcg which I believe is the reason I didn’t get ohss
He’s very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.
He’s amazing and smart.
He’s very caring and explains everything with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Melissa is amazing! Personal upbeat and Anaya’s positive. Mary was akways grumpy with poor bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The front desk to most of the nurses are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.
He mentioned multiple times the risk of more than one embryo
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff [RMIA] did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy...He is very personable and also hires like-minded staff. We felt very comfortable asking questions and making requests...
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Stassart did a great job explaining the procedures I would be undergoing and what to expect. It was not all smooth sailing but he and his staff did an excellent job navigating us through. We are very grateful that we stuck with it and are delighted with our little boy.
It has been several years so I do not recall all of the protocols. I would say that the antibiotics were not necessary in my case and I think that unless there is a specific reason cited (i.e. bacterial infection) I would not take them. The cycle in which I took antibiotics resulted in miscarriage, the cycle in which I opted out resulted in a full term healthy baby!
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
With Dr Stassart I felt in such good hands. Every procedure he explained exactly what was to occur, was very gentle and was confident in what he was doing. He takes the time to explain everything in detail and makes you feel like he is there struggling with you and wants this to work just as much as you do...Know that you will only see him when doing IVF procedures and consultations. But his nursing team does an amazing job on the checkup appointments in between.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very warm and sensitive to our situation. I feel vey comfortable and confident in his abilities as an RE.
Very friendly and warming. Sometimes there was miscommunications that occurre but nothing too bad.
2012 - 2017
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Stassart was so kind and gentle and warm, the best of all human characteristics!...For my first IVF, Dr. Stassart used 2 embryos, which resulted in my daughter. That left only one (1) embryo, which we stored at cryolab. 5 years later, Dr. Stassart used that one embryo we had left and we got our son!! Amazing.
2012 - 2017
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
If I could, I would score Dr. Stassart 10-plus-infinity! He was 2-for-2 - 200% for me!! Without him, I wouldn't have my family; 2 kids, 1 son and 1 daughter. I could NEVER THANK Dr. Stassart enough for making my dreams come true so quickly and easily!!
Keep it Up!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There's SO much information and critical things to keep track of. RMIA doesn't make you feel bad/rushed for calling to clarify things often. ......................................................................................................................................................................................
We used the IVF guarantee success plan. I believe it was around $25k for up to 3 IVF cycles and if they didn't result in a successful pregnancy, you got your money back!
Yes, Dr. Stassart consulted. I fully trusted him and did whatever and exactly what he said and both my IVFs worked the first time both times!