6.1

Woodbury
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125

2020, Unsuccessful
Only contact with the doctor [Dr. Stassart] was for consult, actual procedure, and failure follow up appointments...He is kind and has a caring bedside manner, but I would thoroughly complete my own research regarding odds of success...After initial failures began pushing for more than one embryo. I held strong to one for the third transfer. The fourth transfer was 2 PGS tested embryos and still no success.
Nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] is difficult to deal with. They take a long time to call back, and frequently just don't get back to you...Waiting area looks nice, old receptionist was unpleasant but she seems to be gone and new receptionist much kinder. Billing is difficult to deal with and even after I paid cash up front for a procedure tried to bill my insurance. Other months they don't bill my insurance when they should and send me the entire bill.
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
While this doctor had a very kind bedside manner, I felt that he was not honest about our likelihood of success. After our first transfer he looked my husband in the eyes and said "70% chance of success, I feel great about this". The next three transfers he also told us this was it, odds were great, it would be the one. We never had success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Only contact with the doctor was for consult, actual procedure, and failure follow up appointments. Nurses never knew us by name, acted like we were completely new patients every time despite two retrievals and four transfers in roughly six months. After a disappointing chemical pregnancy we were offered a follow up appointment with the physician nearly 1.5 months out.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Nursing staff here is difficult to deal with. They take a long time to call back, and frequently just don't get back to you. They ordered over a thousand dollars worth of medication that I paid for that wasn't even used in my cycle. They would order lab work wrong from outside providers. One MA here told me "I don't know why you care" when I asked a question. A different MA told me I was pregnant even when I had terrible numbers and questioned a chemical pregnancy she pushed back and insisted I was pregnant- I was not. My husband and I were devastated. At my last transfer the nurse could not manage to work with labcorp to get the results resulting in me having to complete multiple extra IM injections and have no idea if I was pregnant or not. Not friendly, most not even kind, clinic management blamed the terrible care on "Covid" but this was beyond covid.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Waiting area looks nice, old receptionist was unpleasant but she seems to be gone and new receptionist much kinder. Billing is difficult to deal with and even after I paid cash up front for a procedure tried to bill my insurance. Other months they don't bill my insurance when they should and send me the entire bill. One month they sent me a bill in the mail for a completely different patient with a similar but different name from mine listing everything she has had done there since 2019. Communication is terrible from everyone every step of the way at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
For around $80,000 I had consult and testing, two retrievals (one with PGS testing), two fresh transfers, two frozen transfers, all monitoring, and medications included in price.
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Jacques Stassart
Woodbury
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. ... Dr.Stassart was very helpful making us understand the entire process and did not hesitate to answer to the detailed level of our ask.
Clinic was conveniently located, it had multiple locations to get labs done. Compassionate staff, Comfortable care. High standard in protocols. Quality equipment.Very professional, we will go back to them if required in our journey of building the family. ... Appointment follow ups, reminders would have helped. Time to return the call was high, and would have been better if it was quick as the entire process is time senstive.
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. It would have helped better if the nurses could take the calls on priority and get the answers quicker to relieve my stress on timelines of meds intake.
Bear with the nursing staff and do not expect that there will reminders on the process. Do you homework on all the expectations and process timelines for better outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Doctor had a strong preference to single transfer since it was a first time and it turned positvely for us. I appreciate his input on single transfer and helping us not risk on multiples.
Jacques Stassart