9.8

651-222-6050
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125

Treated 2016 - 2018
Jacques [Dr. Stassart] wants his patients to get pregnant but he doesn't make choices for you. He will inform and answer questions but not make your decisions. He will take the time to explain and answer questions but what is lacking, on occasion, is giving a full picture of everything going on, meaning if I'm not informed enough to ask I might not know something I probably should in terms of treatments, risks, or expectations. I don't have a lot of money
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant.... Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute.
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Jacques wants his patients to get pregnant but he doesn't make choices for you. He will inform and answer questions but not make your decisions. He will take the time to explain and answer questions but what is lacking, on occasion, is giving a full picture of everything going on, meaning if I'm not informed enough to ask I might not know something I probably should in terms of treatments, risks, or expectations. I don't have a lot of money and he was also good about telling me what tests he'd recommend vs is probably 'extra' and based on my beliefs probably wouldn't change what I do or could cause me to do the wrong thing...eg testing embryos could result in terminating a healthy embryo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Be informed and all questions. Do research, read blogs, and ask about it all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
He took the time to meet with me and tell me not to give up hope.
Describe the protocols Jacques Stassart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Doses of Folistim were very heavy--doses increased because of my reaction to it. I can't remember the protocol used but I believe it was his own. First cycle 3 eggs result 3 3 day embryos that looked high quality. No pregnancy. Sending cycle 6 eggs, 5 embryos. 2 transferred, miscarriage around 9/10 weeks. Frozen transfer, first attempt cancelled, uterus wasn't thickening, medication used this cycle. 2 attempt natural, transferred remaining 3. Miscarriage at a few weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant. To be clear I'm not a super open person so this is on me as well. The staff does this everyday and I feel like thought I should just know things which I didn't and sometimes didn't know enough to ask. Eg. needed a different bc for frozen vs fresh. Or not talking me about how to use new drugs-- I'm not a nurse, mixing meds and giving shots is not a normal thing for me. Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute. The answer was there's always the 1 pharmacy in downtown that you can go to... Yes but I have ZERO coverage if it's not through the specialty mail order And that pharmacy doesn't carry everything. Also I felt like they would tell me the minimal amount possible despite asking questions there was no elaborations or reassurances or warnings... It was often very 'flat'
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Coming in, do your research. Make sure they tell you what you want to know. If you did a test you should get the results good or bad. I only got my bad results. They ultimately seem to care and want to be successful but just know, with this or any clinics, no matter the success rate, because you may want to be pregnant and have that bundle of baby more than anything, it's about your body (and hubs) and how it reacts. I didn't always like the business office staff-- I've paid everything but if I was a little late it didn't see a bill it was an issue. Also submitting to insurance, I had to ask itto be done..because I had to pre pay. I do have some...minimal but some coverage and a couple hundred dollars is a big deal to me. I also didn't like that the money was sent to the clinic for my pre paid procedure and then they deducted what they wanted from that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
$9000 for fresh but then add all the monitoring on to of that.
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
It was my choice. My situation it makes sense for multiple.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Had to call multiple times for prescriptions to be sent. Could have been the pharmacy too.
Treated 2016 - 2017
The first treatment I did resulted in only a few poor quality eggs. Dr. Stassart then changed my treatment plan drastically for the next round and the result was 8 high quality eggs followed by 5 high quality embryos. We used 1 and froze the other 4. The treatment that worked was longer and involved a lot more shots than the first round. Dr. Stassart explained that he usually did not start with this protocol because it was so complicated, but that it was very effective.
Clean clinic [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it...They [nurses] were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients...The warranty program was approximately $24,500 not including medications or PGS. Medications were an additional $3500 per cycle. Warranty included 3 cycles and retrievals but we only needed 2.
He seemed very experienced and gave me a lot of information about my treatment including studies to read on my own. He was warm and encouraging but very professional. He met with me twice to discuss my treatment plan and performed the embryo transfers. Another doctor performed the egg retrievals.
Have a list of all your questions ready at your first visit. You likely will not see him again until embryo transfer.
I Did not see the doctor often, but when I did he gave me adequate attention and was very warm.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean clinic facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it.

Treated 2013
Dr. Stassart always knew personal information and used our names throughout the process like he had known us for years. He was kind and very genuine...was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately...The clinic was very organized and had clear protocols. They made appointments easy to schedule and results were easily accessible. The beginning process seemed to take longer than expected, but that could have been due to our excitement to start the process. We were able to order medication through the clinic, but thought it would be nice to have more selection through other vendors.
Dr Stassart was always very welcoming and made us feel comfortable asking any questions we had. Each visit he would make sure we understood the procedures before we left and always had an open door/phone for us if anything else came up. He is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner.
If you were to see Dr. Stassart, the only advice I would have is to make a referral. He was great and I recommended him to multiple friends and family.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and caring. They knew what we were going through and could sense if we were feeling nervous, overwhelmed, or sad and reacted appropriately.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
It was around $24,000 and at least $5,000-6,000 for medication.