6.1

651-222-6050
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125

2020, Consult
Dr. Stassart was amazing and thorough to the point...He took the time to sit down with us for well over an hour and talk about how IVF works, what to expect...We wanted a quick surgery done to clean up some polyps and fibroids he saw during the ultrasound before we started. I had surgery done & was suppose to go in for my baseline ultrasound the following week, but unfortunately my cycle was canceled due to COVID-19
The staff and nurses [of Reproductive Medicine & Infertility] are beyond helpful...Questions were usually answered within the hour and very thorough...We qualified for the Warranty Program...meaning if we didn’t have a live baby after 9 months in our arms (within 12 months of doing IVF) we’d get our money back...Infertility can be hard to manage, especially with IVF with all the meds and finances - they were all there for me helping me the entire way!
How was your experience with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr Stassart was amazing and thorough to the point I left the appointment unbelievablely joyful. He spoke very highly of his clinic and work, which gave me a lot confidence in him & his work. He took the time to sit down with us for well over an hour and talk about how IVF works, what to expect & how it’s going to look for me specifically. He’s very kind & empathetic, as well as having great knowledge about women and their bodies. He gave me so much assurance he knew what he’s doing (knows everything down to a science) which decreased my stress and anxiety!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Eat before you go (haha). He took so much time with us to make sure we knew everything we didn’t have time for lunch - well worth it though! Also, bring a notebook and a pen to take some notes!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
I wasn’t sure what number to put, but I was definitely a human to him, & not just any human. A woman in pain from infertility & loss. He explained so thoroughly everything it takes to make a baby, took time for questions & work to not good or great, but perfection. His nurses know how perfect and smooth everything needs to run also. I definitely left my consultation knowing I was soon going to be a momma!
Describe the protocols Jacques Stassart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
I first had my consult with him the end of February. We met, did a trial transfer and talked about IVF. We wanted a quick surgery done to clean up some polyps and fibroids he saw during the ultrasound before we started. I had surgery done & was suppose to go in for my baseline ultrasound the following week, but unfortunately my cycle was canceled due to COVID-19, so I haven’t even been able to really start anything yet!
The staff and nurses that work with Dr Stassart are beyond helpful. It’s like you have your own little cheering squad in your corner rooting for you. Questions were usually answered within the hour and very thorough. If they didn’t know the answer they would send it off to the appropriate person who would then answer by the end of the day. Infertility can be hard to manage, especially with IVF with all the meds and finances - they were all there for me helping me the entire way!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic had many strengths beginning with the very helpful, kind nurses who guided you every step of the way. It was clean and had a positive vibe to it. It was also private which for some couples is a big deal. The clinic was pretty easy to get to, not being too far off the interstate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacques Stassart at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We qualified for the Warranty Program... meaning if we didn’t have a live baby after 9 months in our arms (within 12 months of doing IVF) we’d get our money back!
Describe Jacques Stassart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I am so amazed that Dr Stassart has IVF down to such a science, he only uses one embryo at time. I love knowing he has that much confidence in himself and his work!
Edina

He is very thorough and knowledgeable with a lot of experience. Good bedside manners but can be hard to understand at times, has a bit of an accent. He is very compassionate and caring and gives you much hope but is also to the point...he recommended only one embryo at transfer due to risk of multiple pregnancy. Unfortunately I ended up having miscarriage at 7 weeks and am now schedule to do another transfer with 2 embryos (out last 2) and we both agreed that would give me higher success rate
Sometimes hard to reach someone at front desk [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] and I had a couple delays with them getting back to me. One day I was scheduled for lab work, showed up and they didn't have me in schedule but was still able to be seen...[nurses are] Very kind and thorough with going through treatment plan...$4000 for FET plus all prescreening, monitoring and medication cost. Totalled to approx $8000.
He is very thorough and knowledgeable with a lot of experience. Good bedside manners but can be hard to understand at times, has a bit of an accent. He is very compassionate and caring and gives you much hope but is also to the point. I would highly recommend him and RMIA. Also the nurses are great!
He is a good choice to have as your fertility doctor but can be a bit hard to understand due to his slight accent and is soft spoken but really makes you feel at ease!
Very compassionate and caring
First step prior to FET was sonohysterogram and labs. Prenatal vitamin, CoQ10 and birth control were taken. Then Lupron injection was prescribed for 11 days. Baseline labs completed. Estrace started 2x day vaginally for 2 weeks then changed to orally. Lupron dose decreases then last dose given before starting progesterone IM shots along with Doxycycline and Flagyl. Medrol taken week of transfer for 4 days. Day of transfer progesterone taken between 6-10a and last dose of antibiotics were taken thst evening. Progestone injection continues and Endometrin vaginally starts. I am unsure of rationale for their protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Very kind and thorough with going through treatment plan
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Sometimes hard to reach someone at front desk and I had a couple delays with them getting back to me. One day I was scheduled for lab work, showed up and they didn't have me in schedule but was still able to be seen.
Yes he recommended only one embryo at transfer due to risk of multiple pregnancy. Unfortunately I ended up having miscarriage at 7 weeks and am now schedule to do another transfer with 2 embryos (out last 2) and we both agreed that would give me higher success rate.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Just a scheduling error

2020, Unsuccessful
Only contact with the doctor [Dr. Stassart] was for consult, actual procedure, and failure follow up appointments...He is kind and has a caring bedside manner, but I would thoroughly complete my own research regarding odds of success...After initial failures began pushing for more than one embryo. I held strong to one for the third transfer. The fourth transfer was 2 PGS tested embryos and still no success.
Nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] is difficult to deal with. They take a long time to call back, and frequently just don't get back to you...Waiting area looks nice, old receptionist was unpleasant but she seems to be gone and new receptionist much kinder. Billing is difficult to deal with and even after I paid cash up front for a procedure tried to bill my insurance. Other months they don't bill my insurance when they should and send me the entire bill.
While this doctor had a very kind bedside manner, I felt that he was not honest about our likelihood of success. After our first transfer he looked my husband in the eyes and said "70% chance of success, I feel great about this". The next three transfers he also told us this was it, odds were great, it would be the one. We never had success.
Only contact with the doctor was for consult, actual procedure, and failure follow up appointments. Nurses never knew us by name, acted like we were completely new patients every time despite two retrievals and four transfers in roughly six months. After a disappointing chemical pregnancy we were offered a follow up appointment with the physician nearly 1.5 months out.
Nursing staff here is difficult to deal with. They take a long time to call back, and frequently just don't get back to you. They ordered over a thousand dollars worth of medication that I paid for that wasn't even used in my cycle. They would order lab work wrong from outside providers. One MA here told me "I don't know why you care" when I asked a question. A different MA told me I was pregnant even when I had terrible numbers and questioned a chemical pregnancy she pushed back and insisted I was pregnant- I was not. My husband and I were devastated. At my last transfer the nurse could not manage to work with labcorp to get the results resulting in me having to complete multiple extra IM injections and have no idea if I was pregnant or not. Not friendly, most not even kind, clinic management blamed the terrible care on "Covid" but this was beyond covid.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Waiting area looks nice, old receptionist was unpleasant but she seems to be gone and new receptionist much kinder. Billing is difficult to deal with and even after I paid cash up front for a procedure tried to bill my insurance. Other months they don't bill my insurance when they should and send me the entire bill. One month they sent me a bill in the mail for a completely different patient with a similar but different name from mine listing everything she has had done there since 2019. Communication is terrible from everyone every step of the way at this clinic.
For around $80,000 I had consult and testing, two retrievals (one with PGS testing), two fresh transfers, two frozen transfers, all monitoring, and medications included in price.
Woodbury

He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] is great at communicating, kind, and patient with myself and my husband. We have mutated pex genes and create terminal babies. He listened to our wishes and didn’t just dismiss things that I felt were important.... This man is amazing . We have done preliminary labs, genetic samples, and met with him. He was so kind and detailed about what to expect. I am so comforted by his many years of experience.
There was a sign on the door requesting no children in the clinic [Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates- Woodbury]. While it wouldn’t have bothered us , but we are almost 11 years out on this journey .our second son lived two months and babies used to be such a huge trigger for me. I thought that was a very considerate move by the clinic.... $19,160 ($15,860 IVF + $2,500 monitoring retainer for your retrieval + $800 monitoring retainer for your frozen transfer) Ferring Care program- If you do not have an insurance benefits for the stimulation medications (Menopur, Follistim or Gonal-F), you may purchase Menopur from RMIA at a reduced rate ($77/vial).
He is great at communicating, kind, and patient with myself and my husband. We have mutated pex genes and create terminal babies. He listened to our wishes and didn’t just dismiss things that I felt were important.
You will feel right at home. He made me feel like his own daughter at our first appointment. He made me feel like we were the focus of his entire day. It was great and not rushed.
This man is amazing . We have done preliminary labs, genetic samples, and met with him. He was so kind and detailed about what to expect. I am so comforted by his many years of experience. We also know another family currently pregnant who utilized this genius of a doctor.
We are still in the beginning phases. We have sent out samples for genetic testing to Natera. I just started birth control, aspirin, and 2000 unit QD if vit D.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tawney )
She was so quick to respond to my questions. She was very professional and kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There was a sign on the door requesting no children in the clinic. While it wouldn’t have bothered us , but we are almost 11 years out on this journey .our second son lived two months and babies used to be such a huge trigger for me. I thought that was a very considerate move by the clinic.
Active now Amount due at program start : $19,160 ($15,860 IVF + $2,500 monitoring retainer for your retrieval + $800 monitoring retainer for your frozen transfer) Ferring Care program- If you do not have an insurance benefits for the stimulation medications (Menopur, Follistim or Gonal-F), you may purchase Menopur from RMIA at a reduced rate ($77/vial). The average cost is from $4,000-$6,500 depending on how much is needed. Please let me know if you have further questions regarding programs or prepayment requirements. Plus we will do the pgs and pgd .
My doctor advises one embryo to be transferred but since I have carried 3 pregnancies to full term & delivered my first child who was 9.5 lbs he feels that my uterus could support 2 embryos if that’s our wish. He said after pgs and pgd there will be an 80% chance of a live birth if we place one embryo & 90% chance of a live birth of one embryo if we place 2 after reviewing my history and all the testing our embryos will have done.
Woodbury

[Dr. Stassart is] up to date on all the research and customize the protocol to you and your partner... I was on a high dose of menopur to start but my estrogen sky rocketed because I was a great responder so I went down to half the amount of menopur. I stimmes for 9 days and had a retrieval where we retrieved 42 eggs...We switched to a freeze all before the retrieval so that my estrogen could come down and to avoid OHSS...really insisted I do a single embryo transfer because of my age. He wants to keep me safe before trying to push the envelope with two embryos. You don’t know how well someone can carry one baby let alone two. He picks safety first, even though that’s not always what we want!
had a retrieval [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen...I am under the warranty program...It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA...they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
As I said before, Dr. Stassart went out of his way to check on my well being even when I wasn’t planning to see him. My retrieval wasn’t with him but he came and found me after to make sure I was okay even though he was so busy. He calls on vacations and reassures you every step of the way. He is so well versed in IVF and his success rates are outstanding. He is the founder of RMIA but doesn’t act like a JUST the founder—he is really passionate about his patients. Not just about the money and success rates. What other doctor would take the time to call on his vacation and talk with a patient for an hour!
To understand that even though he may be part of the older generation of doctors, he is still up to date on all the research and customize the protocol to you and your partner.
I felt like a human withDr. Stassart for many reasons. At our consultation he explained everything step by step for about an hour and really customized our protocol. We had a great outcome, better than we were expecting! After my retrieval where I got 42 eggs, I was in a lot of pain and Dr. Stassart came and found me even while he was busy doing transfers to make sure that I was alright and to ensure me that a freeze all cycle was going to be great and I would recover with time! After this, he called me on his vacation to personally see how I was recovering and to make sure I was ready to start me frozen embryo transfer. I cannot say enough good things about how human I have felt through this whole process, being as it is so mentally and physically and emotionally tough.
I was on a menopur only protocol and started ganerilix halfway through my stimulation. I was on a high dose of menopur to start but my estrogen sky rocketed because I was a great responder so I went down to half the amount of menopur. I stimmes for 9 days and had a retrieval where we retrieved 42 eggs. 29 mature eggs and 27 fertilized. 15 blastocysts frozen. We switched to a freeze all before the retrieval so that my estrogen could come down and to avoid OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
The whole staff at RMIA has been great so far. From the scheduling team, to payment team, to nursing team, to anesthesiologist team, to embryology team, to all the doctors and everyone else—they all have been great! They communicated well, and call me every day that I expected. They called when I was going through OHSS symptoms daily... to make sure I was progressing the right way. They truly care about your safety and not just about stats. The one time there was a miscommunication everyone was VERY apologetic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic strengths are that they communicate well, they allow monitoring locally, and they allow several types of payments. It does take a while to get in but once you are a patient the process keeps moving smoothly. I really have had a fantastic experience so I can’t find a weakness yet. I really feel like I made the right choice with my clinic and they treat me so well so I can’t sit here and try to find a weakness.
I am under the warranty program with Dr. Stassart. It is a cost of 15,000 dollars for the three cycle package. The monitoring wasn’t covered because I did that locally and the medicine wasn’t covered except for menopur which I bought for 4,000 dollars at RMIA.
Dr. Stassart really insisted I do a single embryo transfer because of my age. He wants to keep me safe before trying to push the envelope with two embryos. You don’t know how well someone can carry one baby let alone two. He picks safety first, even though that’s not always what we want!
Woodbury

He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] was very thorough with all parts of the process. Very kind and explained everything as it was being done. He also made sure that not only I, but my husband, felt comfortable at all times. He is very gentle when he needs to be but very direct when he needs to be...started on menopur shots. Two days after starting, my body didn’t react as expected so my dose was upped from 3 to 5 vials... We ended up doing an unplanned freeze all which was devastating at the time. I’m glad that he had us go that route though. Having pcos made my body over react to the medication and recovery time was pretty brutal for me.
They [staff at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had...Nurses have been fantastic. They answer emails and messages within two hours and are so passionate about actually helping you get pregnant.
He was very thorough with all parts of the process. Very kind and explained everything as it was being done. He also made sure that not only I, but my husband, felt comfortable at all times. He is very gentle when he needs to be but very direct when he needs to be.
If you don’t agree with his advice, please let him know and/or take it. He knows what he is doing and only has your best interest in mind.
He was very good at explaining everything and making sure we understood every aspect of the process.
Started with birth control and other oral medications to prevent infection. Then after my baseline appointment I was able to stop birth control and started on menopur shots. Two days after starting, my body didn’t react as expected so my dose was upped from 3 to 5 vials. This STINGS by the way. After I got where I needed to be and eggies were looking good, we were able to take the lupron to prevent me from ovulating until I could take my trigger shot. I went down for my egg retrieval on a Thursday which worked out perfectly. I needed the weekend to recover as I got HOSS. We ended up doing an unplanned freeze all which was devastating at the time. I’m glad that he had us go that route though. Having pcos made my body over react to the medication and recovery time was pretty brutal for me. It took about a week and a half for my body to feel normal and my ovaries to get back to normal size. I was put on birth control and Now we are just waiting to hear from the doctor on when we can start our frozen transfer. I’m so thankful that we got 11 little embabies because I don’t think I could go through the retrieval procedure again. SO excited to start our frozen transfer and many prayers that the first one sticks!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They are fantastic in all aspects! I was able to get my initial consultation scheduled right away. I had a phone conference with a lady who deals on the financial side of things to answer any questions I had before my meeting. She was able to go through all of our options with us and was able to answer every question we had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They actually allowed me to do monitoring at an approved clinic a lot closer to where I lived. RMIA is 3.5 hours from my house and with the 8 monitoring sessions I needed, it was wonderful that they allowed me to use a clinic just 30 minutes from my house
The clinic offers multiple plans including financing for certain plans. It’s unfortunate that IVF is so expensive and Minnesota is a state that doesn’t offer infertility insurance coverage at all. That leaves no options or help for people that are/weren’t expecting to have such an unexpected expense that. especially one that can’t be controlled such as blocked tubes.
2017 - 2019, Successful
During our consultation [Dr. Stassart] discussed how, while successful last time, he wanted me to produce more eggs this time. He would tweak my medication and do the egg retrieval himself...with my second [retrieval] I had made four. So we requested to transfer the final two embryos together...I remember him saying he was sorry and didn’t know why this wasn’t working yet. There was almost a hint of sadness. He just wants to help you so badly.
[our Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was fantastic and very professional. She’s not overly warm and bubbly, but truly there is no need to be. She cares greatly for you but the process requires very timely, careful movements...The physical clinic doesn’t allow children which I love...Dr Stassart runs a tight ship and it shows from the top to the bottom. There is no room for error there (as I get the impression he doesn’t allow it). That’s not to say they do not happen, but it is rare and with many apologies
Oh my. Where do I begin? Dr Stassart is an expert in his field and a perfectionist in personality. He is not overly chatty. But do not let that fool you. He cares so deeply about your comfort, your goals, and your family. We first saw him in 2017 after trying 6-7 rounds of medication and IUIs; all without even a little success. I had a birth defect of a missing ovary. During our consultation he reviewed my progress with the OB and told me I’d need surgery prior to IVF. I would need to remove the tube on the side of the missing ovary. He then stated I would not make many eggs, but I would make good quality eggs. And hopefully, later, I could conceive naturally. My OB (and surgeon) called to notify me that she would be removing both of my tubes as “that is her practice” to do so. I fought this and so did Dr Stassart. He called her personally and discussed our plan and our long term goals. During the surgery she only removed the one tube as the other was perfectly healthy. FIND A DOCTOR WHO WILL GO TO BAT FOR YOU. Once we started the IVF process everything he had predicted was correct. I made two eggs, they both fertilized, we put them both in at once, and I was pregnant with my first baby on the first try. Fast forward to 2019 and we return to Dr Stassart to try again. During our consultation he discussed how, while successful last time, he wanted me to produce more eggs this time. He would tweak my medication and do the egg retrieval himself (usually this is done by someone else). I made 7 eggs this time. We transferred 1 and had a possible chemical pregnancy. Transferred 1 more and had a negative test. It was at this phone conference that I remember him saying he was sorry and didn’t know why this wasn’t working yet. There was almost a hint of sadness. He just wants to help you so badly. And it was ok because we had faith that we would again become pregnant. We requested to transfer both remaining embryos and became pregnant that try with a singleton. I had some hiccups along the way with my second child’s process, but to NO fault of Dr Stassart. We drive over three hours one way to get to RM&IA to see him and it is worth every sacrifice. But sometimes we can use monitoring facilities that are closer for basic bloodwork. One of these facilities greatly messed up and probably affected how many eggs I produced. Also, I live rurally and do not have access to medication immediately nor on Saturday delivery. On your end, be as organized as you can in predicting these things and Dr Stassart will help you as best he can. Paying $80 to have an extra med on hand is worth it once you’re so far into IVF. I suppose you could say I’m biased because I was successful in having two children through RM&IA, but I felt a calmness and reassurance from the first visit with Dr Stassart; one I never felt in any of my trials or appointments before. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is an expert, but he also cares so deeply for you as a human being.
Trust the process. It is scary and overwhelming and expensive and time consuming. But he is an expert in his field and he knows exactly what he is doing. Call the facility with ANY little fear or question and your mind will be at ease.
Dr Stassart TRULY cared for us as people. Upon meeting us in 2017 he asked us our occupations, reassured us, and it was a very quick process in the grand scheme of things. I became pregnant on my first try with one of the only two embryos I made. But when we met again in 2019 to try again, it took longer. I could hear the, almost sadness, in his voice when he would have to discuss why a transfer may not have worked and what the plan was for the next try. He WANTED to bring us the joy of a baby into our lives.
I probably already answered most of this. I don’t remember dosages of medications at this point but every one has an exact purpose. You won’t always feel wonderful and the timing isn’t always easy (I have a husband who travels for work and I can’t always reach the spots for injections myself). It goes against my personality to not be in control of the process. But just trust him; trust the process. He knows what he is doing (and for what it is worth I have full faith that he would never partner with anyone unless they shared his values and work ethic). I know when my monitoring facility messed up he was discouraged by their error. He wanted so badly to improve my egg quantity from the first time. And he had to make some executive decisions based on the info he had and how my body behaved the first time. Again, no fault of his own and he did an amazing job with the information he had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Joni Dockery )
We had Joni for both rounds. She was fantastic and very professional. She’s not overly warm and bubbly, but truly there is no need to be. She cares greatly for you but the process requires very timely, careful movements. She was gone during one transfer and I could absolutely tell the difference with the new nurse. I was also part of a training once and I could tell the process of teaching a new nurse there is thorough and precise.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Dr Stassart runs a tight ship and it shows from the top to the bottom. There is no room for error there (as I get the impression he doesn’t allow it). That’s not to say they do not happen, but it is rare and with many apologies. The physical clinic doesn’t allow children which I love. It is a scary, emotional time and you don’t want to go there to look at other people’s children. This lends to a calm and quiet atmosphere when you wait for your appointments. Now, after having a child, this was inconvenient as I drove 7 hours round trip and couldn’t bring my child with. And you don’t always want to be open about this very private process. So just a heads up there. Shout out to Beth Irmen though. She is phenomenal at her job, so kind, and so quick to return calls/emails.
I was under the warranty program and very lucky to be included. I believe Dr Stassart personally allowed me in (both times). He encouraged me to start the process for my second sooner than later so that I could remain in this warranty as I would need to start before I was 35. He could have easily not known my age or not cared enough to make the timeline best for MY benefit - not his. He’s just so great at his profession.
This process I believe changed between having my first child and my second. It made sense to transfer both embryos with my first as I had only made two eggs. But with my second I had made four. So we requested to transfer the final two embryos together. I didn’t end up with twins either time. I think he had a good approach both times but don’t be afraid to advocate for what you want too.
There were two times when I had what would be considered “lost paperwork”. One time results from a monitoring clinic were sent to RMIA but I was called and told they were not there. Later was confirmed they in fact had arrived hours earlier and just overlooked. Second, I had made sure to send in my birth report/statistics and confirmed with them. A month or so later I got a text saying they needed the report. I firmly told them I already provided that information and would NEVER text such personal data about my child. They profusely apologized. Nothing that caused any problems to my actual IVF process. Very minor.
Woodbury
He [Dr. Stassart] is warm, caring, truly wants to help. Explains everything throughly and in a way we understand. Available to answer any questions. Overall wonderful doctor. We felt comfortable and at ease. Is honest, positive and open.... Very kind, warm, caring. Great bed side manner. Really wanted to help us. Sincere. Waited to go on a trip so he could do our embryo transfer!
Warm, inviting, very clean. Calming environment. Staff [Repro Med & Infertility Associates] is friendly, helpful, and truly care. Comfortable and welcoming. Offer coffee, water, while you wait. Take care of you. Strengths: clean, inviting, warm and friendly staff there to help make it the most comfortable experience.... [nursing staff] Kind, sincere, caring, helpful. Answered any questions we had. Explained everything that was going to happen. Compassionate about what they do.
He is warm, caring, truly wants to help. Explains everything throughly and in a way we understand. Available to answer any questions. Overall wonderful doctor. We felt comfortable and at ease. Is honest, positive and open.
He truly cares and wants to help.
10 days of menopur and ganirelix. Lupron and pregnyl trigger shots. Practice transfer and sonohystogram before treatment. Retrieval, embryo transfer. All due to endometriosis and blocked tubes.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Warm, inviting, very clean. Calming environment. Staff is friendly, helpful, and truly care. Comfortable and welcoming. Offer coffee, water, while you wait. Take care of you. Strengths: clean, inviting, warm and friendly staff there to help make it the most comfortable experience.
Fully trusted his plan and knew we were in good hands when doing single embryo transfer.
Woodbury

He [Dr. Stassart] did a sonohystogram and trial transfer. All went well. He explained everything he was doing step by step. Helped us understand the process of what we would be doing. ... Little difficult to understand with his Belgium accent. ... Warm, understanding, felt like he cared and wanted to really help us. Knew we were in good hands. Helped us understand the process and felt comfortable knowing he would help us.
Clean, warm and welcoming. Very calming and comfortable. Inviting and complimentary coffe, chocolate and quiet music. Friendly staff [Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Associates] and caring. Easy to find way around. Location good, easy to find. Offer lots of Parking and clinic not too big or small. ... [nursing staff] Very kind, caring, helpful and great communication. ...
Warm, understanding, felt like he cared and wanted to really help us. Knew we were in good hands. Helped us understand the process and felt comfortable knowing he would help us. Explained everything in detail and was very open and willing to answer our questions.
Little difficult to understand with his Belgium accent.
He was very understanding and knowledgeable. Walked us through everything. Felt very good about our plan after we left.
He did a sonohystogram and trial transfer. All went well. He explained everything he was doing step by step. Helped us understand the process of what we would be doing.
Very kind, caring, helpful and great communication.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean, warm and welcoming. Very calming and comfortable. Inviting and complimentary coffe, chocolate and quiet music. Friendly staff and caring. Easy to find way around. Location good, easy to find. Offer lots of Parking and clinic not too big or small.
$19,500 plus medications.
No, that was a mistake
Woodbury

At my consultation before my third and final cycle was to begin, Dr Stassart surprisingly went through all three pages of typed questions I had written to him.... He not only answered all my questions and gave me a new protocol. He also delivered hope - something I lost after the second d&c. But In the consultation room, I sat alone crying, defeated. He told me, there is no guarantee this new protocol will work. I’m fact, it may be worse. But, if for some reason
The clinic [RMIA] is clean and is expanding. I really enjoyed people up at the front Because they called me by name. I especially liked the phlebotomists. There was coffee and drinks. The bathrooms were clean. I liked how I never had to wait long to be taken in for my appointments.... I thought the nurses were mostly good. However, I felt like I had to be extra nice Becaise I called a lot and asked a lot of questions and didn’t want to be a pest.
Please see my last narrative about why and how Dr Stassart treatment me like a human being, rather than just a number. The only things I wished: Inwished I got to see more of Dr Stassart. He did all three of my transfers but I had nurses for all my visits and I had different doctors for my retrieval’s.
Listen to what he has to say, but don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.
I was done. I was so done trying to get pregnant after my second failed pregnancy - my second d&c. But because I bought into the warranty program, I had one more cycle left. I was miserable. I was beyond angry. I felt defeated. My husband was already living in Seattle. But, I knew I needed to push myself through the motions and complete the third cycle. At my consultation before my third and final cycle was to begin, Dr Stassart surprisingly went through all three pages of typed questions I had written to him. I wrote the questions and sent them off, almost positive De Stassart would t read my questions. But, he did - and so much more. He not only answered all my questions and gave me a new protocol. He also delivered hope - something I lost after the second d&c. But In the consultation room, I sat alone crying, defeated. He told me, there is no guarantee this new protocol will work. I’m fact, it may be worse. But, if for some reason this final retrieval and transfer fail, I will give you a fourth and final transfer without fee. This promise - this act of kindness - gave me the strength to help me muster the faith needed to get through one more round of treatment - one in which I basically went through alone because I was in Minnesota and my husband was in Seattle, WA. I can only help but think that in that moment, seeing me alone and crying, allowed him to feel a bit of my pain and offer another round of treatment that would otherwise cost thousands.
I stimmed with only menopur. I used close to 300 vials of menopur. For the final treatment, I was on the Sher protocol.
I thought the nurses were mostly good. However, I felt like I had to be extra nice Becaise I called a lot and asked a lot of questions and didn’t want to be a pest. The service here though was 100x better than at my last clinic, CRM
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is clean and is expanding. I really enjoyed people up at the front Because they called me by name. I especially liked the phlebotomists. There was coffee and drinks. The bathrooms were clean. I liked how I never had to wait long to be taken in for my appointments.
The warranty program was about 22k. I had to pay for medicine. I also had to pay for the trial transfer and saline sonogram, Including disgnostic testing.
Dr. Stassart preferred only transferring one embryo but I fought for two.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Jacques [Dr. Stassart] wants his patients to get pregnant but he doesn't make choices for you. He will inform and answer questions but not make your decisions. He will take the time to explain and answer questions but what is lacking, on occasion, is giving a full picture of everything going on, meaning if I'm not informed enough to ask I might not know something I probably should in terms of treatments, risks, or expectations. I don't have a lot of money
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant.... Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute.
Jacques wants his patients to get pregnant but he doesn't make choices for you. He will inform and answer questions but not make your decisions. He will take the time to explain and answer questions but what is lacking, on occasion, is giving a full picture of everything going on, meaning if I'm not informed enough to ask I might not know something I probably should in terms of treatments, risks, or expectations. I don't have a lot of money and he was also good about telling me what tests he'd recommend vs is probably 'extra' and based on my beliefs probably wouldn't change what I do or could cause me to do the wrong thing...eg testing embryos could result in terminating a healthy embryo.
Be informed and all questions. Do research, read blogs, and ask about it all.
He took the time to meet with me and tell me not to give up hope.
Doses of Folistim were very heavy--doses increased because of my reaction to it. I can't remember the protocol used but I believe it was his own. First cycle 3 eggs result 3 3 day embryos that looked high quality. No pregnancy. Sending cycle 6 eggs, 5 embryos. 2 transferred, miscarriage around 9/10 weeks. Frozen transfer, first attempt cancelled, uterus wasn't thickening, medication used this cycle. 2 attempt natural, transferred remaining 3. Miscarriage at a few weeks.
I had a primary nurse for 3 cycles but for the second one I have no clue who that was. I saw different staff pretty much everytime I was there for all cycles. Some were nice, some were more distant. To be clear I'm not a super open person so this is on me as well. The staff does this everyday and I feel like thought I should just know things which I didn't and sometimes didn't know enough to ask. Eg. needed a different bc for frozen vs fresh. Or not talking me about how to use new drugs-- I'm not a nurse, mixing meds and giving shots is not a normal thing for me. Also getting my medication ordered was always a struggle, it takes awhile to get the med. getting that done so I didn't have to stress was important to me but I was usually stressed trying to get things last minute. The answer was there's always the 1 pharmacy in downtown that you can go to... Yes but I have ZERO coverage if it's not through the specialty mail order And that pharmacy doesn't carry everything. Also I felt like they would tell me the minimal amount possible despite asking questions there was no elaborations or reassurances or warnings... It was often very 'flat'
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Coming in, do your research. Make sure they tell you what you want to know. If you did a test you should get the results good or bad. I only got my bad results. They ultimately seem to care and want to be successful but just know, with this or any clinics, no matter the success rate, because you may want to be pregnant and have that bundle of baby more than anything, it's about your body (and hubs) and how it reacts. I didn't always like the business office staff-- I've paid everything but if I was a little late it didn't see a bill it was an issue. Also submitting to insurance, I had to ask itto be done..because I had to pre pay. I do have some...minimal but some coverage and a couple hundred dollars is a big deal to me. I also didn't like that the money was sent to the clinic for my pre paid procedure and then they deducted what they wanted from that.
$9000 for fresh but then add all the monitoring on to of that.
It was my choice. My situation it makes sense for multiple.
Had to call multiple times for prescriptions to be sent. Could have been the pharmacy too.
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Stassart is a great doctor, I 100% trust him and his knowledge. ... I never once have felt stressed under Dr. Stassarts care. I feel completely confident in his abilities. ... We have done 2 cycles in 2018 that have failed & we have 1 more round under the warranty program [Repro Med & Infertility Assoc]. I am confident that he will do everything he can to help me get pregnant.
I have consistently worked with the same nurse the last few IVF cycles. She is wonderful, we typically communicate through email (which is easiest for me and my preference). She always responds quickly. ... The hope warranty program [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Assoc] was $28,000 in 2018 for me ... The warranty programs available are amazing. ... I 100% recommend this clinic.
Dr. Stassart is a great doctor, I 100% trust him and his knowledge. I did get pregnant from IVF with my daughter in 2015. We have done 2 cycles in 2018 that have failed & we have 1 more round under the warranty program. I am confident that he will do everything he can to help me get pregnant. The warranty programs available are amazing. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor.
You won’t regret choosing him as a doctor and trust his plans.
Dr. Stassart is great, I had previously seen a local doctor for my IUI cycles and she always stressed me out. I never once have felt stressed under Dr. Stassarts care. I feel completely confident in his abilities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Beth )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I have nothing negative to say about this clinic. They helped me have my daughter, I hope they can help me have more babies. I always suggest or recommend them to friends having issues conceiving. The warranty options are amazing. I 100% recommend this clinic.
The hope warranty program was $28,000 in 2018 for me.
He didn’t have a strong preference. He did warn me about the risk of multiples. My husband and I have always transferred 2 embryos. I was pretty positive I wanted to transfer 2 regardless and my husband and I were on the same page.
Woodbury
He’s [Dr. Jacques Stassart] very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.... At the kart moment we triggered with lupron instead of hcg which I believe is the reason I didn’t get ohss
The front desk to most of the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Assoc- Woodbury] are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.... Melissa is amazing! Personal upbeat and Anaya’s positive. Mary was akways grumpy with poor bedside manner.
He’s very easy to talk to and explains all risks or concerns multiple times. He adjusts treatment plans in the moment depending on how your body is reacting. I never felt like a number or at a baby factory. It always felt really personal like you were his only patient.
He’s amazing and smart.
He’s very caring and explains everything with great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The front desk to most of the nurses are amazing! Super caring and kind. The nurse that does injection training is the best. Totally puts you at ease! The decor is dated compared to other clinics and sometimes the email response time is slow.
He mentioned multiple times the risk of more than one embryo
The nurse never sent me my fet medical plan and it took days to call in my meds

IUI With Other Docs
We spoke [with Dr. Stassart] about how many embryos to transfer. We agreed on 2...He sat down with us at our consult and chatted about things other than just "clinical talk". We got to know a little more about him. I just enjoyed talking with him. I found him to be candid and funny...He also took the time to go thru the step and biology of IVF...He was warm,kind,and gentle. He was always making sure I was ok. i felt like he took his time with us, I never felt rushed.
Every appointment [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] always ran on time, I never had to wait. I thought they did a great job of explaining procedures. The billing department was great too. The nurses were always quick to respond to questions I had...They retrieved 9 eggs from my ovary. (I only have one). He let my last embryo go till day 6, then froze it...I loved the nurses. They were smart, efficient and kind. The nurse who was with me for my egg retrieval was very funny.. I went in laughing, which I think is great, because IVF is stressful!
I enjoyed his personality. He was warm,kind,and gentle. He was always making sure I was ok. i felt like he took his time with us, I never felt rushed. I thought he did a great job of explaining the science of IVF.
Be prepared that you might not succeed the first time. Even if everything goes great and you respond well to medications and get enough eggs. Just be prepared that it might not work
He sat down with us at our consult and chatted about things other than just "clinical talk". We got to know a little more about him. I just enjoyed talking with him. I found him to be candid and funny. Plus he had a great accent. He also took the time to go thru the step and biology of IVF. I found it very interesting.
I was put on Menupur. I don't remember the dose or how many days, but it worked. They retrieved 9 eggs from my ovary. (I only have one). He let my last embryo go till day 6, then froze it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Every appointment always ran on time, I never had to wait. I thought they did a great job of explaining procedures. The billing department was great too. The nurses were always quick to respond to questions I had
Ivf is terribly expensive. My medications alone were 6,000. For my egg retrieval and FET, it came to about 20,000.
We spoke about how many embryos to transfer. We agreed on 2.
Edina

The first treatment I did resulted in only a few poor quality eggs. Dr. Stassart then changed my treatment plan drastically for the next round and the result was 8 high quality eggs followed by 5 high quality embryos. We used 1 and froze the other 4. The treatment that worked was longer and involved a lot more shots than the first round. Dr. Stassart explained that he usually did not start with this protocol because it was so complicated, but that it was very effective.
Clean clinic [Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it...They [nurses] were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients...The warranty program was approximately $24,500 not including medications or PGS. Medications were an additional $3500 per cycle. Warranty included 3 cycles and retrievals but we only needed 2.
He seemed very experienced and gave me a lot of information about my treatment including studies to read on my own. He was warm and encouraging but very professional. He met with me twice to discuss my treatment plan and performed the embryo transfers. Another doctor performed the egg retrievals.
Have a list of all your questions ready at your first visit. You likely will not see him again until embryo transfer.
I Did not see the doctor often, but when I did he gave me adequate attention and was very warm.
They were nice and efficient. It sometimes felt like a factory, but they deal with a lot of patients.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clean clinic facilities in a convenient location. The billing department charges your card on file for meds before you even pick them up, so be sure you have the right card on file. They will not back out the charges and re-do it.
Woodbury

Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does... I took 4 vials of Menopur per shot for the first 4 days and then 3 vials per day thereafter. I took 1/2 tablet dexamethasone at bedtime. I took Flagyl and doxycycline as well. I was prescribed Leuprolide acetate generic to Lupron. Ganirelix Acetate x3. Novarel was my HCG shot. I started Endometrin the day after my embryo transfer. I did that 3 times a day. (54 tablets in total I took). Instead of the "shot in the butt".
The clinic [Reproductive Med & Infertility Associates] is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.... I was so nice that I was able to go to a clinic closer to home for monitoring. Woodbury is 3 hours from home and the clinic I was able to get monitored at was only an hour away. It just made the whole process a bit easier.
Dr. Stassart was very thorough in everything he did. He made us feel confident he knew what he was doing and that IVF would work for us! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone with infertility. He's personal able, kind and wonderful at what he does. We had infertility clinics there were closer to us be we chose he based on personality and success rate!
Put your faith in him because he can make miracles happen!
Dr. really looked into my lab results along with ultrasounds to make a sound decision on what I personally needed to have a successful IVF treatment. That's how I feel I was truly treated like a human! And it all worked beautifully. I have a wonderful baby girl!
Everyone for the most part was very sweet and friendly. Most everyone was great to work with. Beth seemed a little rough around the edges. I'm sure she meant well. Just wasn't as nice as the others.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic is beautiful and my husband loved the chocolates! The conference room we met in to go over everything was comfortable. Each room we got placed in was clean and nicely decorated. The nurses was always making sure to get anything we needed. We were well taken care of.
The procedures, lab test, everything done at RMIA not including any medication was $21,945. This is something our insurance didn't cover.
My Dr. really only wanted to do a single embryo transfer. But I pushed for 2. I really wanted to increase my chances. And I am so glad I did. They put 2 in and only one worked. Which one... who knows. But it worked!!!
Woodbury
Dr. Stassart gave my husband and me HOPE when a doctor at another clinic had flatly given up on us. Dr. Stassart explained *all* of our options in a truly kind and dignified manner, instead of cherry-picking regimens as the other doctor had done. Dr. Stassart did not sugarcoat things--we were fully informed of the odds regarding our outcome--and yet he did so in a gentle, human way that gave us HOPE for our future as parents.
RMIA was, hands down, the best clinic for us. All of the nurses and doctors made us feel as if they were on our "journey" along with us! They cried with us when we had disappointing cycles, and cheered from the mountaintops when we finally became pregnant!... I can't recall off-hand, but I feel like IVF rounds with our own eggs was about $15K. I "think" the last round, with donor eggs, was something like $28K.
We simply cannot adequately explain how thankful we are that we found Dr. Stassart. He is warm, kind, and gentle...I only wish all doctors had his bedside manner! In the emotional whirlwind that comes with the infertility journey, it's reassuring to have a calm, knowledgeable, KIND doctor on your side that's looking out for your best interests.
Bring a pen and paper to your first meeting...Dr. Stassart knows his stuff and you'll want to glean every tidbit of information you can from him!
I cried with the nurses caring for me...they truly, sincerely cared for both my husband and myself, and wanted us to get pregnant just as much (if not more!) than we did!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We just had one item that I can recall--the age of our Donor was incorrect on the initial paperwork. When we realized that certain dates didn't match up, RMIA reconciled the information immediately.
Woodbury
We had the most incredible nursing staff [at RMIA]. The compassion and empathy expressed by all of them was second to none. They get to share in some of the happiest days of people's lives and some of the saddest, and I could tell that they just genuinely shared our sadness and our happiness! They were also instrumental in keeping us uplifted and focusing on the positive in each situation.
I was incredibly impressed with Dr. Stassart. He had us talk to a genetic counselor to help us understand the miscarriages we experienced with our first two rounds of IVF, and that these genetic abnormalities can occur with IVF, just as they do with regular pregnancies. For our third round, he did talk to us about trying a slightly different protocol to possibly help decrease the risk of a maternal trisomy, and we decided to try that protocol, which ended up leading to our successful pregnancy and birth of our son. We recently attended a reunion that RMIA puts on for their patients and we got to see Dr. Stassart again and introduce him to our son. He said that after our success with the protocol, he has used it with other patients in similar situations. It was great to see all of the little miracles getting to meet the doctor that made it all possible. We felt like we knew the plan all along the way, when we would expect to meet with Dr. Stassart and when we would be treated by his colleagues. I honestly can't think of one time where I felt I wasn't getting the best treatment and the best, most considerate care.
Dr. Stassart does have an accent, but he speaks slowly and will reiterate any points by writing things down and drawing diagrams/pictures. Do not hesitate to ask him to repeat himself as needed, he is more than happy to!
Dr. Stassart was so very thorough, but always explained things in an easy to understand manner, made sure we understood the process at every step, and took the time to answer all of our questions. His compassion through the whole process was incredible. We experienced two miscarriages with our first two rounds of IVF due to common genetic abnormalities. He called each time to express his condolences, and kept a positive attitude for future success. It helped us stay positive through the whole process.
It is hard to remember all the exact details, but we did use Menopur and Ganirelix (sp?) with each cycle, along with a variety of other oral meds to take at certain times before and after the retrieval and transfer. Menopur was used to stimulate the follicles with the hope of getting as many mature follicles at retrieval. However, that counteracts the natural development of the uterus lining which is needed to support the embryo after transfer, so many of the other medications given were to help the uterine lining develop and just have the most ideal conditions for the embryo to attach and develop. They kept a close eye on everything and tweaked things as needed. For example, with my third round, my follicles were developing as well, so we did a couple extra days of menopur in hopes of not having to cancel the cycle. We were so happy that those couple extra days worked and led to a successful pregnancy and birth.
We had the most incredible nursing staff. The compassion and empathy expressed by all of them was second to none. They get to share in some of the happiest days of people's lives and some of the saddest, and I could tell that they just genuinely shared our sadness and our happiness! They were also instrumental in keeping us uplifted and focusing on the positive in each situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The lobby was very peaceful, nice design and artwork, music, coffee and Dove chocolate! The procedure rooms were also nicely laid out, I felt like the flow was very efficient for both the retrieval and transfer procedures.
We did the warranty program, $24,500 for three rounds of IVF. It is a gamble, if the first round is successful, you pay more than you would for just one round. But if the first round isn't successful, it is definitely worth it. The medication costs were all separate, but they did have a program for purchasing Menopur that was very helpful during my third round.
Dr. Stassart showed us their recommended transfer, based on age, egg quality, etc., and discussed the science behind the recommendations. At my age, the recommendation was to transfer 2, with the hope of a singleton. First round, transferred two, one took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormality. Second round, transferred two, both took, but we had a miscarriage due to genetic abnormalities (different from each other and different from the first). Third round, transferred two and one took and resulted in a healthy baby. I completely trusted Dr. Stassart's recommendations with each round, and I felt like he took into account all of the data available from the previous rounds in making his recommendations.
Woodbury
We trusted him [Dr. Stassart] 100% and are so happy that we did!...is so very patient and explains every detail in a way that you (and your partner) can actually understand. I never felt rushed, and always felt like his only patient...He immediately zoned in on my egg quality and we found out after 8 years of TTC that it was def. my eggs. They had a 'harder outer shell' that the sperm could not penetrate. My previous Dr. had not mentioned this, so I immediately felt all other treatments were not necessary and just a waste
From the moment I spoke with the financial office [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates], I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress...Wonderful staff!...We trusted him [Dr. Stassart] 100% and are so happy that we did
He made us feel so comfortable and was so informative and kind. He made it very easy to understand the steps and made a heartbreaking situation (infertility) seem hopeful. We will never forget our experience that was made easier by Dr. Stassert and his staff.
Make the appointment! Don't be scared, it's just a consultation. I promise that you will leave more confident than when you entered.
Dr. Stassert is so very patient and explains every detail in a way that you (and your partner) can actually understand. I never felt rushed, and always felt like his only patient.
He immediately zoned in on my egg quality and we found out after 8 years of TTC that it was def. my eggs. They had a 'harder outer shell' that the sperm could not penetrate. My previous Dr. had not mentioned this, so I immediately felt all other treatments were not necessary and just a waste. Very frustrating! However, Dr. Stassert figured this out almost immediately. He recommended ICSI and we decided to go with his recommendation. We trusted him 100% and are so happy that we did!
Wonderful staff!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
From the moment I spoke with the financial office, I felt well taken care of. The staff is so knowledgeable and patient. Our IVF was covered under our insurance which was new for this clinic, and I never felt that way! They were so professional and were great to work with. This is a very stressful situation (infertility), and they never added to that stress.
I was covered under insurance so we had to meet our deductible. I'm not too sure about the costs.
2012 - 2017, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Stassart was so kind and gentle and warm, the best of all human characteristics!...For my first IVF, Dr. Stassart used 2 embryos, which resulted in my daughter. That left only one (1) embryo, which we stored at cryolab. 5 years later, Dr. Stassart used that one embryo we had left and we got our son!! Amazing.
There's SO much information and critical things to keep track of. RMIA doesn't make you feel bad/rushed for calling to clarify things often. ... We used the IVF guarantee success plan. I believe it was around $25k for up to 3 IVF cycles and if they didn't result in a successful pregnancy, you got your money back!... For my first IVF, Dr. Stassart used 2 embryos, which resulted in my daughter. That left only one (1) embryo, which we stored at cryolab. 5 years later, Dr. Stassart used that one embryo we had left and we got our son!! Amazing.
If I could, I would score Dr. Stassart 10-plus-infinity! He was 2-for-2 - 200% for me!! Without him, I wouldn't have my family; 2 kids, 1 son and 1 daughter. I could NEVER THANK Dr. Stassart enough for making my dreams come true so quickly and easily!!
Keep it Up!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
There's SO much information and critical things to keep track of. RMIA doesn't make you feel bad/rushed for calling to clarify things often. ......................................................................................................................................................................................
Yes, Dr. Stassart consulted. I fully trusted him and did whatever and exactly what he said and both my IVFs worked the first time both times!
Woodbury
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. ... Dr.Stassart was very helpful making us understand the entire process and did not hesitate to answer to the detailed level of our ask.
Clinic was conveniently located, it had multiple locations to get labs done. Compassionate staff, Comfortable care. High standard in protocols. Quality equipment.Very professional, we will go back to them if required in our journey of building the family. ... Appointment follow ups, reminders would have helped. Time to return the call was high, and would have been better if it was quick as the entire process is time senstive.
Dr. Stassart was helpful in explaining the treatment in detail and has resolved many questions we had during the process. The only concern i had was the time to reach him in case of any questions during the meds intake. It would have helped better if the nurses could take the calls on priority and get the answers quicker to relieve my stress on timelines of meds intake.
Bear with the nursing staff and do not expect that there will reminders on the process. Do you homework on all the expectations and process timelines for better outcome.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Doctor had a strong preference to single transfer since it was a first time and it turned positvely for us. I appreciate his input on single transfer and helping us not risk on multiples.
Edina
[Dr. Jacques Stassart is a] Wonderful, understanding man with a sensitivity to the many years my husband and I struggled through our infertility journey. He was upfront, honest, and a no non-sense man who was there to ensure a viable pregnancy would be the end result... He is not one for casual conversation, but ultimately there to make your dream of becoming a parent come to fruition. He is honest and tender when discussing the hardship that comes with infertility struggles. He has a way of easing your mind with potential reservations to starting the IVF process.
Clean facility, warm and inviting, private/confidential. Spacious. Staff knows you by first name. Never feel like a stranger in the company of RMIA employees. Easy to navigate to. Parking is adequate to size of clinic.... All the nursing staff made themselves available to questions and concerns. Quite timely with communication.... The care we received was top-notch, staff were always available during this process to answer questions and provide clarification. They were always accommodating to our needs.
You will be in great hands. He has many years of experience with high success rates. He is not one for casual conversation, but ultimately there to make your dream of becoming a parent come to fruition. He is honest and tender when discussing the hardship that comes with infertility struggles. He has a way of easing your mind with potential reservations to starting the IVF process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Monitored in my home town. Not in Woodbury. Communication between sites was great.
25,000+
Woodbury
Dr. Stassart took the time to fully explain everything to both me and my husband. He sat down with us during our initial consultation and explained the entire process, as well as how it related to our situation. He was warm and friendly, and we truly felt like he paid careful attention to our situation in order to help us achieve pregnancy.... We discussed this with Dr. Stassart as we wanted to transfer two embryo's. Dr. Stassart explained how this decision could play out (regarding multiple live births), but ultimately let us know that it was our decision as to how many embryos to transfer, and that he would support our decision to transfer more than one.
RMIA does a good job of being thorough with their intake so that they can develop the most successful plan possible. As a patient, it can be frustrating to wait a little longer or have to do more testing before beginning a cycle, but it's worth it if it means a plan that works.... Nursing staff was wonderful- they answered all of my questions and were always quick to respond to phone calls. They were warm and friendly, and appropriately optimistic.
Dr. Stassart was incredibly knowledgeable. We felt like his years of experience truly translated into him making an informed course of action for us- we didn't feel like we were expected to fit in to a one-size-fits-all program.
Ask questions! He's more than willing to discuss anything and everything, so utilize that time.
Menopur and Gonal-F, trigger shot after 7 days.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Our cycle was just shy of $8000 (completely out of pocket), with another $5000 in medication (out of pocket).
Edina

He [Dr. Jacques Stassart] spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour...He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
The entire team [at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates] was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing...Strengths - the buildings were beautiful, the team was great, they fit me in relatively quickly once our records were transferred, they went through how to do injections and mix syringes well, and they answered the phone and responded to my questions at any time of day and night (when necessary). Cons - sometimes the instructions were confusing, so I mistakenly took a Ganirelix right on day 1, which was NOT right.
He got us a baby. That is by far the most important thing. He gave us pretty good odds of conception, especially with the transfer of 2 embryos (which he tried to discourage us from doing since we have UI and this was our first IVF cycle, but we did anyway). I just didn't like that after our transfer, those 65ish% odds went down to 50/55%.
Be ready to become a parent.
He spent so much time going over the entire process, all the pills and injections and history of IVF. He spoke with us for over an hour.
I'm sorry, I don't recall all of the drugs used or how much. I did a high dosage Menopur and Follistim cycle, triggered with Novarel. I took 2 oral medications, as well. I only did progesterone suppositories for the first 6 weeks. No PIO. Took 2 ganirelix acetate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Not sure if I was assigned one, but Melissa in Edina was my primary nurse. I LOVED her.)
The entire team was amazing. I spent a majority of my time in Edina because it was much closer to my work and I could get in there before I worked - super great hours for that. The nurses and phlebotomist and receptionist were all amazing. Melissa was the one who called me with the news and I will never forget that. She was incredible. She gave me a hug during the process, met my mother who accompanied me sometimes. She was great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They had time frames to be seen for different monitoring, like after pregnancy and before the IVF procedure. Like I said, I was seen in Edina for these. Most of my appointments were done before work (like 6:30 or 7am), which was amazing and meant I didn't have to miss any work. For others, I sometimes did them over the lunch hour. It was great! Plus, I'd walk in and the receptionist knew me and I'd be seen right away.
Most of it was covered by my insurance, thankfully. I know that ICSI was $800, and we did that. The cost of IVF was about $9,000, I believe. And worth every cent.
Doctor definitely wanted us to do the eSET because of the risks associated with a multiples pregnancy. We still did multiple embryo transfer, but had a singleton pregnancy.
Woodbury

Dr. Stassert sat down with us for quite a while and explained the entire IVF process in great detail. He was kind and patient and answered all of our questions.... We had a great experience with Dr. Stassart. He made the process and simple as possible and we had a great outcome on our very first cycle with him. He explained everything thoroughly and answered all of our questions.
The clinic [RMIA- Woodbury] was very organized. Every employee, from the front desk receptionist to the financial manager was very helpful, friendly and professional. Everyone we came into contact with was very sensitive to our situation and did not treat us like just a number.... I live out of state and did monitoring with my local OB. RIMA was great at contacting my home clinic if results were not forwarded to them in a timely manner. I was slightly apprehensive about doing monitoring at a different clinic but it actually was a pretty seamless and simple process.
I would recommend choosing Dr. Stassart if a prospective patient is choosing between multiple providers.
I do not remember specific protocols.
All nurses we encountered at the clinic were great! Caring, compassionate and professional.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic was very organized. Every employee, from the front desk receptionist to the financial manager was very helpful, friendly and professional. Everyone we came into contact with was very sensitive to our situation and did not treat us like just a number.
I think the cost of 1 round of IVF in 2016 was about 24,000 total, including meds. We did the risk sharing plan, which gave me great peace of mind throughout the process. Knowing I would get my money back if IVF was not successful was a huge weight off my shoulders.