Medical SchoolNYU
ResidencyMount Sinai
FellowshipNYU
810 7th Ave
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jaime Knopman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM New York to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
On one occasion, I came in for a saline sonogram and she [Dr. Knopman] performed a standard transvaginal ultrasound. On multiple occasions, she provided one response to a question only to provide a different one later (e.g. - do supplements have an impact on sperm quality?)...gave the impression she really cared about you. She knew my name and was extremely friendly, but in the end we felt like in the ways that mattered most she wasn't paying attention
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
This is a hard review to write because there were so many aspects of our care under Dr Knopman that we felt positive about, but in the end we could not recommend her. The positives. She will respond to your emails/calls and you will actually see her and get to know her as your doctor. She absolutely knew us as people and as patients. She is approachable, intelligent and was quick to admit when our case went beyond her comfort zone at which point she referred us out to a consulting specialist. The downsides: She felt very rushed, careless and not as thorough as we would have liked. She contradicted herself on multiple occasions. On one occasion, she performed the wrong kind of sonogram on me. The nail in the coffin was the fact that she failed to make note of the medications that the specialist (who she referred me to) prescribed. As a result, she prescribed me two medications that I was already taking. When our case became complicated, she justified proposed treatments with anecdotal stories instead of studies. This made us feel like she wasn't willing to dig deep for answers and was instead relying on whatever evidence jumped to mind. Ironically, we felt that she was at her best when she called to give us bad news (failed IUIs, IVF cycles and chemical pregnancies). At these moments, she slowed down and provided us with thoughtful unhurried responses to our questions. We did not get pregnant with Dr. Knopman and I don't know if that is the result of her care. If I'm honest with myself, I don't necessarily think it is. What I do know is that in the end neither my husband nor I had confidence in her attention to detail and the stakes were too high to risk having a detail fall through the cracks. We've since moved to another clinic and feel much more confident that we are getting the level of attention we should be. Even if we don't ultimately get the outcome we want, we feel better about the process than we did with Dr. Knopman.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Be prepared to speak up and advocate for yourself. I think Dr Knopman genuinely wants the best for all of her patients, but I suspect she is just super busy. Don't be the patient who gets shortchanged and demand the time/answers you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr Knopman gave the impression she really cared about you. She knew my name and was extremely friendly, but in the end we felt like in the ways that mattered most she wasn't paying attention. On one occasion, I came in for a saline sonogram and she performed a standard transvaginal ultrasound. On multiple occasions, she provided one response to a question only to provide a different one later (e.g. - do supplements have an impact on sperm quality?)
The women who do morning monitoring (particularly blood draws) are truly the best part of this clinic. They are so kind and compassionate. I genuinely looked forward to seeing them. With rare exception, the doctor's nurses were also wonderful and very friendly. Occasionally prescriptions did not get called in, but they seemed pretty on top of it. I've heard horror stories of nurses at other clinics and you won't get any of that here. You might like one more than another, but they are all caring, component and pleasant.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is beautiful and monitoring is a breeze. Almost everyone there will know your name. This makes the process of going through IVF so much more pleasant. That said, we came here based on the stellar reputation of CCRM and we quickly realized we were at CCRM New York, not CCRM Colorado. It became clear after having a consult with Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado that they are doing things differently there. For one, while CCRM NY offers acupuncture, they never once mentioned the benefits of complementary therapy (supplements, acupuncture, etc.) and even seemed to poo poo it. They market themselves as a super personal and they are in the sense they know you, but medically speaking it feels a little bit like a factory. I don't think I got any more of a personalized approach there than I would have at any other major NY clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York.
We spent approximately 50,000 on 2 egg retrievals and 3 transfers at CCRM excluding meds.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM New York?
Endometriosis, Male Factor
we did a Frozen transfer(1 embryo) , and for 2 months prior to that I was on a slow release Lupron [with Dr. . Our transfer was successful and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant!!!...was absolutely incredible.. She not only provided amazing medical advice but she was compassionate, had amazing bedside manner and provided us with emotional support we needed while navigating such a challenging time in our life.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr Knopman is extremely knowledgeable, spent time going over our history and formulating a game plan that worked for us. When our first round of egg retrieval did not yield results as expected, she course corrected and was able to explain and justify why another cycle could work. She gained our trust, was always available to answer questions and provide both medical and emotional support through our fertility Journey
tell her how much communication you want to receive - how involved you want to be in knowing the whys/whats of your fertility journey
Dr Knopman was absolutely incredible.. She not only provided amazing medical advice but she was compassionate, had amazing bedside manner and provided us with emotional support we needed while navigating such a challenging time in our life.
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
I was patched for both rounds at CCRM to control my estrogen levels. My first round I was given Clomid to help boost stim cycle but it did not work for me - i ended up getting more cysts than eggs and we only retrieved 2 eggs, we got 1 day 5 embryo which we screened and came back normal Round 2 we used Lupron, Menopur and Follistim and ended up yielding 10 eggs, and 4 made it to day 5, we sent all 4 to get tested and we got 2 normal embryos back we froze all 3 of our embryos. In July we did a Frozen transfer(1 embryo) , and for 2 months prior to that I was on a slow release Lupron. Our transfer was successful and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Jenny was awesome! She was easily accessible for any questions I had, always had our timelines organized and was very accommodating with our requests
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM does not take insurance... and while that may be a huge drawback from some, if you can afford it I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THEM. They are an incredibly talented and compassionate team, and we felt like we were in very trustworthy hands.
We did 2 stim cycles, 1 FET and paid a total of $39,000
CCRM New York
She [Dr. Jaime Knopman] completely supported and guided me through this whole process in an honest, sincere way. She told me the truth and I knew that I was always getting an accurate picture of what was going on which helped keep my expectations in check. She also always offered advice, changed protocols and did whatever she could to look out for me. She made me feel totally invested in my journey and was beyond dedicated. What other doctor would postpone vacation plans to be able to do my egg retrieval?!
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Jamie is one of the only doctors I would ever do this process with and I had COMPLETE trust in her. I have have the upmost respect for her. She completely supported and guided me through this whole process in an honest, sincere way. She told me the truth and I knew that I was always getting an accurate picture of what was going on which helped keep my expectations in check. She also always offered advice, changed protocols and did whatever she could to look out for me. She made me feel totally invested in my journey and was beyond dedicated. What other doctor would postpone vacation plans to be able to do my egg retrieval?! She is just knows this process with her eyes closed and extremely competent. I always valued how she just knew what to do, what to say, wasn’t an alarmist, but was also very real and always accurate with her insight and predictions. I think the most of Dr. Knopman and recommend her to any of the closest people in my lives. Anyone is lucky to be under her care!
Jamie is there for you throughout the whole process. She did all my scans and my retrieval. She is really accessible and communicative. Anything that came up throughout the process, I would email her and get an almost immediate response. Jamie is also real and honest. She wants to do what is best for her patients, but makes it clear the reality of the situation. She has so much fun experience and knowledge that she was always dead on with what she told me! When I asked her about doing another round of egg freezing, she was honest and told me to wait a year and see where my life is then. She said this process can get addicting, to take time and enjoy life. When I went back a year, Based on blood tests, age, ultrasound and I asked her what to do, she said if it was me this is a no brainer-I would 100% do it. I know she was never trying to put me through another round if I didn’t have to and truly trusted her insight when she said to do it. She is in this field because it is a passion of hers and she wants the best for each patient and not for other superficial reasons that other doctors practice for.
Jamie, is the best of the best. I HIGHLY recommend her and completely trust her opinions, insights and knowledge. She was always accessible and responded to any of my questions through email immediately. She also got to know be on a personal level which made me feel more comfortable and not like a number. She talked to me things in my life, work, dating, family, and was personable, kind, supportive, real and honest.
I used menopur and follism protoc for the first two cycles and the Lupron protocol for the third cycle. I was most successful with the Lupron protocol. Dr. Knopman had been seeing positive results with the Lupron and since my AMH was low she thought after trying two cycles without it this could yield better results and it did.
The personal care, attention , dedication and passion of the nursing staff are CCRM NY is unlike any doctors office I’ve ever been to. They are truly there for you throughout the whole process and care about your health and success. They are on your side the whole time! They also are so warm, positive, friendly and treat everyone in that manner. They are kind and non competitive with one another and you can tell they love working there and what they do.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is an incredible place for so many reasons. You are not treated like a number and the level of personal care and attention is unlike any office. It is a beautiful space, clean, high technology, super organized, easy to make appointments, speak to nurses, speak to people about insurance, ordering Meds and talking with doctors. They have all of the lab facilities on site and it is of the highest quality. The OR room is also on site and imaculaye. The nurses and embroyoligist pre, during and after the procedure are with you the whole time and so warm and comforting. They give you warm towels, snacks , play what music you want to listen to and completely do whatever they can to make you feel at ease. All of the doctors collaborate and meet daily. They are not competing with one another and it makes you feel like you are part of a special community.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Knopman is straight forward and warm. I completely trust her and feel like she fully explained all of my options. On a few occasions she hasn't described things to me in the most delicate way-- ie: describing my uterus as a "war zone" because of inflammation, but I have never felt like she minimizes my experience or invalidates what I tell her...Dr. Knopman remembers details from our last conversations, even if we don't have a scheduled visit. Anytime I see her, she's always very warm and I don't feel rushed.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Don't be afraid to ask a ton of questions. She has never made me feel rushed, and she's happy to go through things in a bunch of different ways.
I'm still in the midst of my first IVF cycle. So far, we've tried 1 IUI cycle which was unsuccessful, and Dr. Knopman recommended we go straight to IUI. After my egg retrieval resulted in 23 eggs but only 1 viable embryo, I'm so grateful we followed her advice of not continuing IUI cycles when the likelihood was very minimal. Right now I'm about to start a depo-lupron cycle to deal with endometriosis and prepare for a transfer of the embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
The nursing staff at CCRM is amazing. They're friendly and competent, and readily available.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM is incredible. They're communicative, easy to reach, and organized. Their waiting area is a little like a sanctuary with the seltzer machine and granola bars. The front desk staff is AMAZING. Going through IVF meds has been one of the most stressful experiences I've gone through, and while I didn't love going to the doctor's office everyday for blood work and ultrasound, I honestly couldn't ask for a better place to go.
This has been a very expensive process, but the billing department has been very helpful in trying to help me get insurance coverage for whatever meds and procedures they can assist with.
Describe Jaime Knopman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
I only have 1 embryo so we're not having a conversation about single vs. multiple.
CCRM New York
Dr Knopman takes the time to get to know her patients and give them the best chances possible for them to get pregnant. She was thorough, positive, attentive and well researched. There was a level of trust that other doctors didn't provide. I think that CCRM and their doctors have a higher standard of care that other clinics should follow.... Birth Control 2 weeks then microdose lupron only for few days then microdose lupron + menopure + follistim. HcG a day or so before trigger. Resulted in 4 eggs retrieved. Previous doctor's only got 2 tops. All 4 fertilized but didn't make it to day 7 for PGS biopsy.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
She will do the best she can, she isn't a magician and there is no guarantee she will get you pregnant. I do wish I had known more about PGS testing before I agreed to it. Looking back, my personal choice would have been to skip it.
I was able to access Dr Knopman anytime of the day via email which she answered very quickly. For daily monitoring, I was given an appt time so didn't have to wait for hours on end. The longest I had to wait was 10 minutes in a beautiful waiting room with a few other people, vs. hundreds that I experienced with other clinics. I saw Dr Knopman at every visit except for one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Hunter Stitzer)
Hunter was the by far the best nurse I have ever had throughout the fertility process. She is smart, compassionate, organized and very positive making the journey much more tolerable.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
After being at Neway and Cornell, CCRM is, in my opinion, the most progressive clinic in NYC. Their protocols are based off of thorough client history and up to date industry research. Their facilities are warm, open, organized and clean. I truly believe their standard of care is by far superior to all other clinics. The only downfall is they don't accept insurance, but patients do get reimbursed out of network. The good news is, I think the chances of getting pregnant are higher than other clinics that do (this is based on my experience, not on research).
I believe $14k total. Would have been more had there been a transfer.
CCRM New York
Dr Knopman is fantastic - smart, kind and relatable. After my first appointment with her I left with an overwhelmingly positive feeling... I feel that she truly cares about me and my care. She is easily accessible by email and phone...I completed my retrevial with Dr. Knopman. I started with an estrogen patch and the I did a total of 12 days of meds - menopure, gonal-f, clomid, dex., then added ganerlex and the hcg and Lupron. About half way through I increased my menopure from 150 to 225.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr Knopman is fantastic - smart, kind and relatable. After my first appointment with her I left with an overwhelmingly positive feeling - something I never felt while at NYU. I feel that she truly cares about me and my care. She is easily accessible by email and phone.
The office is beautiful, the staff is warm and friendly and always greets patience by name. You deal with the same finance person for all of questions. And the best part of the office is that all blood tests and scans are scheduled! No first come first serve / open hours. Makes a huge difference !
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jamie )
I had a one on one medication consult that included demonstrations on how to give the shots. This was incredibly helpful. All of the nursing staff were warm, friendly, easy going and very knowledgeable. All emails / calls were answered quickly and thoroughly.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is well run and brand new - so it's clean and modern. My experiences were all positive. The only downside is they have not yet started taking insurance yet. Although the billing office is very willing to work with you on reimbursements and things.
The full IVF cycle is about $22,000. This includes everything (gentic testing, ICSI, all appointments, retrevial, transfer, one year of storage, etc ) Medication not included.
The clinic highly recommends a single transfer
CCRM New York
Dr. Knopman seemed to understand what I was going through and she had a game plan to help my husband and I achieve our goal of becoming parents. She was always 100% involved in my case and made sure I saw her when I came in for monitoring.... When I had spotting early in my pregnancy, she had me come in right away to alleviate my fear that something was wrong.... She is also very down to earth and will chat with you about other things going on in your life so you don’t feel so stuck in your infertility bubble
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman was confident that she could help me and that confidence transferred to me. When we sat down to make a game plan I felt like a weight had been slightly lifted. She had a plan and we were going to make that baby! She made sure to see me whenever she was in the office and she performed all of my procedures (egg retrieval and embroyo transfer). When I had spotting early in my pregnancy, she had me come in right away to alleviate my fear that something was wrong. She is also very down to earth and will chat with you about other things going on in your life so you don’t feel so stuck in your infertility bubble when you’re at the office practically every day. I will be returning to Dr. Knopman whenever I am ready for baby #2.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Trust her, you’re in good hands. Although, with any doctor, make sure you ask questions if you don’t understand something and advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman seemed to understand what I was going through and she had a game plan to help my husband and I achieve our goal of becoming parents. She was always 100% involved in my case and made sure I saw her when I came in for monitoring. She celebrated me when I had success and helped me find confidence when some months didn’t work.
The nursing staff was amazing at RMA! They were always friendly, professional, and helpful with questions. I appreciated all the support they provided during my time there.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is similar to others in that it’s a bit of a machine. Many people there first thing in the morning, waiting for your name to be called, mostly friendly staff at the front desk/billing. I did not appreciate that the billing department screwed up a few of my bills and directed me to the wrong insurance causing me to have to pay for IVF. Make sure to speak with more than 1 person and take down their name. Thankfully this clinic is mostly well-organzied. They didn’t lose my information or bother me about paperwork that I had already turned in like another clinic that I went to.
Describe Jaime Knopman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr Knopman encouraged me to transfer 1 embryo because I am young and had good embryos. She felt that putting 1 embryo in for 2 cycles was just as effective as putting 2 embryos in for 1 cycle.
NY - Eastside
She [Dr. Knopman] was great and made us feel very comfortable. When we had bad news she was honest and kind and gave her opinion of what she would do if she was in our position, which I appreciated. When she had good news she was as excited as we were... was very personable and genuine. I felt she treated me as if I were a good friend of hers and she truly wanted us to succeed.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
She was great and made us feel very comfortable. When we had bad news she was honest and kind and gave her opinion of what she would do if she was in our position, which I appreciated. When she had good news she was as excited as we were.
Similar to any fertility appointment I found that I often quickly forgot details after I left the office or hung up the phone. I learned to take notes during appointments, also to write down any questions in advance.
Dr. Knopman was very personable and genuine. I felt she treated me as if I were a good friend of hers and she truly wanted us to succeed.
The nurses seemed nice but since I was not seeing the same nurse consistently they didn't have much of a connection to patients.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The only pro I have of RMA downtown was it's convenient location and that we saw Dr. Knopman there. I disliked pretty much everything else. Their admin staff tried to tell us a $10,000 out of pocket test was required and our cycle was cancelled until we did it. Dr. Knopman had told us this was absolutely not the case since we had already done screening for tay sachs and we were not carriers. I had to get Dr. Knopman to step in. Nobody else would listen to me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring during the week wasn't too bad. Usually in and out in an hour. On the weekends they warned us that if we weren't there right when we opened we wouldn't be seen for 5+ hours which I think is unacceptable. We always came super early on the weekends so we only waited about an hour and a half. It seems like if the wait gets that long why not have more staff on hand?
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York.
about $22,000 fully out of pocket
She offered us the option to transfer two but said with my age being on the younger side she thought we would be fine to transfer one. We said we did not want twins and she respected that decision.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Pregnancy did not result from my treatment with Dr. Knapman, which skews my response, but overall I thought she was fine. I wish she had considered factors such as diet, potential immune or lifestyle issues, or suggested supplementary treatment or investigation of the reason that my transfer of a seemingly healthy embryo did not work. Upon completing treatment with her, I have spoken to many other people who mention their doctors suggesting acupuncture, reaching an ideal weight, tracking basal body temperature to determine ideal transfer time, etc. There was very little discussion about any of those things - I was especially concerned with the timing of IUI because I was using frozen donor sperm which does not stay alive as long as fresh sperm, but she seemed to apply a formulaic approach. Overall, she was nice and seemed to know her stuff, and did a great job with the egg retrieval, but she did not deviate from standard Western medical procedures at all, and did not seem to take the nuanced approach that I've heard other friends describe their doctors taking. I am back to trying naturally for the time being, but will seek out a different doctor when my partner and I move on to fertility treatments again.
European, Black or African-American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
See multiple doctors before making your decision, and be sure to press her on questions you have related to your specific case. Ask how she plans to vary her treatment plans based on the particulars of your situation.
Describe the protocols Jaime Knopman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Letrozole with HCG trigger shot for all six IUIs, transfer at 24 hours with frozen sperm samples. No pregnancies or positive pregnancy tests resulted. During IVF cycle, used a standard cocktail with a high dose of Menopur, Gonal-F, Pregnyl trigger, and Progesterone shots following the egg retrieval. Retrieved 5 eggs, 4 became 5-day blastocysts. We transferred one, it did not work. Froze the remaining three and have not yet done a frozen cycle.
Did treatments as a single mother by choice using donor sperm. Nurses frequently (at least 50%) of the time did not check my chart before coming in to see me and would give me instructions based on an assumption that I was in a heterosexual relationship (after the trigger, here's when you should have intercourse, etc.). This is pretty unacceptable considering that RMA prides itself on supporting same-sex couples and single mothers by choice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
They were fine. Always a wait.
She prefers single embryo transfer which was fine with me. She explained her reasoning well and has been published on the matter.
2013
18 Eggs Frozen
2013
18 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Knopman was completely lovely and extremely knowledgeable. I never felt she talked down to me, and she kept me absolutely as informed as I wanted to be throughout the entire process. She did an excellent job as evidenced by results and also my personal experiences with her.
Listen to what she says - she knows what she is talking about and won't beat around the bush. If you have to see other doctors make sure you have her cell phone number in case something goes wrong when you are not with her.
I could not have loved Jaime Knapman more. She gave it to me straight in a way that let me know she respected my intelligence, but she did it with warmth and grace. She told me all the upsides and downsides, always answered my questions honestly and eagerly, and to top it all off has a good sense of humor. When I had an issue after my retrieval (which was not done by her due to timing out of our control) she was there with me on cell over the weekend going above and beyond.
I don't remember exactly, but I looked back in my emails and these were the drugs I purchased: Ganirelix 250 mcg x 4 Follistim Cartridge 900 IU x 3 Menopur 75 IU Vials x 25 I did them in varying levels and I had a lot of Menopur left over (5 or 6 vials). My trigger shot was switched at the end from Ovidrel to the other one because I was growing a LOT of eggs and they were afraid I would over-stim (which I did). I had a very successful result but it was extremely painful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erica Weinberg)
I was really on top of calling them and emailing them to make sure I knew everything I had to do. I think I would advise that all patients do this. The nurses have the answers but they are very busy. I recall it was annoying because I didn't have their direct line and always had to call the desk and wait for a call back which didn't always come at a convenient time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
CATTLE CALL OVER AN HOUR WAIT EVERY MORNING. NO WIFI!!! NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Knopman knew my situation, asked about my family during visits and was always warm and caring. She knew exactly who I was at every step....Dr. Knopman was absolutely the right doctor for me - she was caring and knew about my case, she reassured me when I was worried for no reason, and she wasn't worried if there was no reason to be...Dr. Knopman is thorough and attentive...One IUI, using letrozole and trigger. When the first 5 days of letrozole didn't give enough follicle growth, we did another 5, with a plan to move to clomid and then stronger drugs if needed.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Dr. Knopman was absolutely the right doctor for me - she was caring and knew about my case, she reassured me when I was worried for no reason, and she wasn't worried if there was no reason to be. And I got pregnant on my first IUI, so clearly the treatment worked.
Dr. Knopman is thorough and attentive, and you're in good hands with CCRM in general.
One IUI, using letrozole and trigger. When the first 5 days of letrozole didn't give enough follicle growth, we did another 5, with a plan to move to clomid and then stronger drugs if needed. I did a trigger shot with ovidrel and an IUI 24 hours later. A pregnancy resulted.
Email communication was frequent. I would often see the same nurses for my blood draw and consultations and they always remembered my situation as well. I got clear medication instructions and my calls were promptly returned.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Very through, but expensive. hardly any waiting times for monitoring or procedures. Basically, you are paying for high quality care. They don't take insurance, but will bill your insurance for you if there's out of network coverage. Billing people will even call insurance companies for you.
Around 3000 total before insurance - I got 70 percent back. Ultrasounds were 300, the IUI was 725. Bloodwork is 25.
CCRM New York
Dr Knopman is incredibly direct, but also caring and nurturing. She understood my background fully and made sure that we covered all our bases before moving to IVF. She explained everything thoroughly and made sure that I was fully aware of each stage, empowering me to be my own advocate for treatment as well as having her on my side...Dr Knopman is incredibly caring and easy to talk to. She is also very responsive so no matter how silly my question, she would answer it immediately with a bunch of information.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr Knopman will answer them and will partner with you to find the best course of treatment.
Standard protocol IVF for both rounds of IVF, but adjusted medication for both cycles as my ovaries were slow to respond. Ended up having quite high doses of medication but helped increase the number of eggs and embryos that resulted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Nargi)
The nursing staff at RMA are amazing! They really care about the success of your cycle and always have a smile on their face. Lisa Nargi in particular is incredible!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA downtown is fresh and clean and fast! RMA midtown is a little different and the waiting times are quite long, especially on weekends. The facilities for egg retrieval and transfers are great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine in the downtown office. I was usually in and out within 20-30 minutes. But Midtown is another story. Much longer wait times.
Always advocated for eSET over multiple which I fully agreed with.
Anovulation, Unexplained
She [Dr. Jaime Knopman] is extremely smart, a good thinker, and passionate about helping women have and maintain pregnancies. We went through 2 IUIs, IVF (miscarriage and then a successful FET) with Dr. Knopman and through it all, felt like we were in good hands... She talks fast, but there's a ton of information packed in there. She was no longer at RMA when I went back for my second child, but if I'd had any challenges, I would have followed her to CCRM. Absolutely and unequivocally.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
She is extremely smart, a good thinker, and passionate about helping women have and maintain pregnancies. We went through 2 IUIs, IVF (miscarriage and then a successful FET) with Dr. Knopman and through it all, felt like we were in good hands.
Bottom line, she cared about me and my pregnancy. She was available by email and phone. I ran into her in an airport a few years later and she called my name across the concourse, remembering me, my miscarriage, and my pregnancy. It felt like we were a team.
We did 2 Clomid IUIs and then an antagonist IVF protocol.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The downtown practice is much more personal than the midtown practice, which I found helpful. It was also much more convenient to where I live and faster to get in and out of. Overall, RMA is a well-oiled machine with a well-regarded lab.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring at the downtown office was easy and efficient. From check in to check out, it was usually less than 30 minutes (when you needed an ultrasound) and less than 15 (if it was only bloodwork).
We had insurance coverage, but had copays and premiums for: monitoring, medication, PGD testing, and procedures.
She strongly prefers eSET.
2013 - 2014
9 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Unexplained
She [Dr. Knopman] was impatient and had her own agenda. Despite the fact that I was young and had no major medical problems, almost immediately tried to push me to IVF without doing any testing and after having gone only several cycles with her without much monitoring....Dr. Knopman skipped right over IUI and said we should do IVF. Her reason for this was" "Well you want to get pregnant now, don't you?" When we told her we were uncomfortable with this, she said, fine, i will let you do IUI twice, but then after that, I will only do IVF. That sort of ultimatum was a huge turnoff and we left.
2013 - 2014
9 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I was sent to RMA by my original gynecologist - who I am no longer with - when I told her I was not ovulating after going of birth control. She said Dr. Knopman saw many young women and would be great for this. Upon meeting Dr. Knopman however I was unimpressed. She was Impatient and had her own agenda. Despite the fact that I was young and had no major medical problems, almost immediately tried to push me to IVF without doing any testing and after having gone only several cycles with her without much monitoring. She wasn't very sensitive about the process and I would definitely not recommend her. You get the sense with Knopman and RMA that they have an agenda, and that is to perform IVF. They talked about IVF the first time we ever met with them, when we were simply there because I still wasn't ovulating since going of Birth Control 9 months prior. After cycling with her 3 times on medicated cycles with regular intercourse, Dr. Knopman skipped right over IUI and said we should do IVF. Her reason for this was" "Well you want to get pregnant now, don't you?" When we told her we were uncomfortable with this, she said, fine, i will let you do IUI twice, but then after that, I will only do IVF. That sort of ultimatum was a huge turnoff and we left.
Not to use her.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Knopman was always accessible, she answered my questions in a timely manner and gave me her honest advice...She was so compassionate and caring during such a stressful time. She treated me like a person not like a number in a clinic. I never felt rushed during appointments with her. She always took the time to explain everything that was going on and when things needed to be changed during treatment she herself would explain it...
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
If you want excellent care and to truly feel like you're in good hands go see Dr. Knopman
Before the egg retrieval I was monitored almost every other day so that I wouldn't overstimulate. My medications were adjusted constantly.
Every single nurse knew my name and knew where I was along the way. When Dr. Knopman couldn't get back to me immediately they did.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
This clinic was AMAZING!! It was so clean, bright and cheery. They play relaxing music, have coffee, tea, water and snacks. It makes you feel very relaxed.
I paid 22k upfront and the billing department submitted it to my insurance which covered 70%
I asked Dr. Knopman if I should do a one or two embryo transfer and she highly recommended only one which I was so happy I listened to her. She said due to how specific their technique is it would be likely that two would stick and since I'm young and petite there would be no reason unless I specifically wanted, to carry twins.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Knopman is extremely knowledgeable on the latest discoveries, science and trends in fertility. I got pregnant on my first IVF and I could tell I was getting better care that was informed by science compared to my friends dealing wit IVF . Frankly, she is a woman and mother herself and I think that because she "gets it" she was able to translate that to my care. I felt like I was in the hands of the savviest, most knowledgeable doctor. And she was NEVER too clinical sounding - she broke it all down for me in ways I could understand. She actually recommended NOT doing some procedures that would have put a lot of money in my pocket. I can't say enough good things about Dr Knopman. Highly recommend.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
Feel free to ask questions -- she is more than happy to answer in a way you will understand and feel empowered!
Dr Knopman always made me feel like she deeply cared about my treatment- and she invested much more than I heard from my friends in this space. She even emailed on a sunday night to ask how I was feeling!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA downtown is much better than uptown. Smaller, more intimate.
25 Eggs Frozen
I was an egg donor when I was younger at RMA and I asked for information about this and she [Dr. Knopman] was dismissive...She was okay but not very compassionate. I wanted information eggs I had donated when I was younger and she blew me off and refused to answer my questions. If she legally couldn't she didn't say that. It was upsetting. I would not recommend her, but I figured egg freezing is straightforward so why not stay with her for that. She has since left the practice so I won't be using her again. that's all.
25 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I was an egg donor when I was younger at RMA and I asked for information about this and she was dismissive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's very nice and in a good area. The clinic is clean and I never had to wait a long time. Also I was able to come before work, which is very nice.
10,000 plus meds
NY - Downtown
She [Dr. Jaime Knopman] does a comprehensive evaluation and on the first visit she ran a test where it was discovered my prolactin was sky high. this was an anomaly that had not been discovered prior my other rounds at another clinic. She quickly sent me to an endocrinologist for further testing as this indicated issue with my Pituitary gland. I am thankful for her knowledge!...there was: priming with patches then lupron and gonal and menapur combined with preganyl.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
She does a comprehensive evaluation and on the first visit she ran a test where it was discovered my prolactin was sky high. this was an anomaly that had not been discovered prior my other rounds at another clinic. She quickly sent me to an endocrinologist for further testing as this indicated issue with my Pituitary gland. I am thankful for her knowledge!
Save your money and go to see doctor knopman
all the staff, from the reception to nurses to doctors in turn, they all understand your case and they have a clear understanding of your needs.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
this clinic is excellent. the only negative comment here is around cost. they don't take any insurance-- at least that i know. therefore all is out of pocket and it is premium prices. Again, they are incredible and i will highly recommend them but budget is something we all have in mind as most likely you will need more than 1 round of anything.
14 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Knopman is extremely smart, but she is also able to explain all the medical stuff in accessible terms as though I were her friend. She was encouraging and honest and answered all my questions promptly. She performed my retrieval and I absolutely trusted her and had zero pain or spotting after...Primed with estrogen in luteal phase then injections menopur and follistim with ganirelix later. I triggered with HCG and lupron to prevent OHSS because I was at risk with high estrogen. 17 eggs were retrieved and 14 mature frozen.
14 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
Don't hesitate to ask questions because she explains things well.
Dr. Knopman is very professional, but will also treat you like her friend. She is incredibly smart and explains things in a way that is accessible and not intimidating so I understood everything that was going on in my body. I was expecting to feel anxious through this process, but hardly had any anxiety because I felt informed, supported and cared for by her and her staff.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
She [Dr Jaime Knopman] seemed savvy and progressive, she doesn't have old school of thought. She is leaving her practice and starting her own and I will follow her to new clinic....She was very responsive over email if I had questions after hours. Better than calling the main number and leaving a message. She was relatable.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
She seemed savvy and progressive, she doesn't have old school of thought. She is leaving her practice and starting her own and I will follow her to new clinic.
The woman who took blood was very nice, quiet, did a good job with drawing blood
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The downtown location for rma is much smaller than midtown location so was easy and the wait wasn't long. On the weekends I had to go to the midtown location and it felt more impersonal. I didn't enjoy calling the main number bc I would often wait on hold Or not get the result I wanted in an efficient way
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Seemed efficient. Downtown location was smaller so was pretty quick and easy
I am not sure
NY - Downtown
she [Dr. Jaime Knopman] is caring, communicative, always available. she is open and honest and she truthfully and genuinely cares about her patients. when you are in her care you feel like you have a teammate in this journey. she reviews all the scans an labs and you know the decisions are coming from her...hey only transfer one embryo b/c they almost always require pgs testing
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at CCRM New York?
she is caring, communicative, always available. she is open and honest and she truthfully and genuinely cares about her patients. when you are in her care you feel like you have a teammate in this journey. she reviews all the scans an labs and you know the decisions are coming from her.
be open and honest about your expectations
very nice concierge style service. everyone knows your name, cares to get to know you
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jenny Liang)
they are all knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. very highly experienced staff
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
concierge feel. you feel like part of the family. organized and thorough. timely responses from billing department. very personal feel I don't like that the monitoring hours are by appointment only
they only transfer one embryo b/c they almost always require pgs testing
CCRM New York
She took the time to answer my questions and was compassionate about my miscarriage.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
She had time for me and was available if I had questions.
Go see her
Most of them are great. A few seemed disorganized.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The waiting room is a little awkward
I did an iui without clomid which was not covered by insurance but because they didn't tell me that, I didn't have to pay! Next round I'm doing letrizol which my insurance won't cover so I will pay out of pocket.