Medical SchoolU. of Texas
ResidencyU. of Texas Galveston
FellowshipUCLA
10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend James Heiner to a friend?

6.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have done multiple fertility treatments. They are hard. I drove from Idaho to Sandy to see Dr. Heiner (4 hours one way) and I’ll keep doing it. He is exceptional and was easy to work with. He was blunt which was good for us so we didn’t spend our money on something that ‘might’ work. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in fertility treatments. He strives for success and do whatever he can to grow his clients families. He truly has a love for his work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Have an open mind and don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. He’s so smart, so some things may go over your head. He will recommend a great plan for you or he will listen to what you have in mind. You won’t find a better staff. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. You’ve got this!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner always cared for my desires. I drove 4 hours to see him every time and he always cared about my travels, and asked how my first child I had with IVF. He remembered my medical history and always asked what I’d like to do as far as treatment. He answered every little question we had. We gave him the opportunity to tell us what he would recommend and he always answered in our benefit and not for money. He was honest and blunt, which is what we needed to know for our financial, mental, and physical experience. He was smart and had good faith. Not only that but his nurse was exceptional. We loved her and she was so kind and thoughtful.
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
He always asked if needles bugged me because there are usually other ways of taking medication. He is concerned for you and so is his nurse. I had many treatments. Everyone is so different with their cycles and how they ovulate, etc. so the treatment strategies may be completely different from what he uses on me than what he uses on another patient. But he used what was best for me. I had been through multiple clomid cycles and iuis before coming to him. So listening to what I had done in the passed helped him to know what he should do differently. I did not get pregnant with my 3 iuis I did with him so he recommended IVF (I had done 6 previous iuis with my OBGYN). When I did not get pregnant with my first IVF cycle then he changed it up which resulted in my first child. So we did the same with my third cycle hoping for baby number two, which I did get pregnant but had a miscarriage. We were still very excited that I got pregnant, and the miscarriage had nothing to do with his procedure or medication requirements. The embryo itself was not strong enough to mature. We did have baby number two with transfer four. We will do the same treatment and medications for our next child as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I was assigned Dr. Heiner’s nurse every cycle. Which was very nice because we became friends with so many visits and phone calls and she remembered every bit of my medical history. She was smart and on the ball. She never forgot to call in a prescription or make an appointment for me. She was quick to cal back or respond to my emails. She was very sweet and companionate whenever I did not get pregnant or had a miscarriage and was always very excited and sweet when I did get pregnant. I honestly think Rachel made my experience at RCC so amazing. You work with the Dr quite a bit but you mostly work with the nurses and I seriously could not have gotten a better nurse. She was an absolute dream. Definitely makes the experience of infertility better because of the sweet person that she is.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Great clinic. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic had multiple plans that you can choose from. The Dr worked with you to decide which one he would recommend depending on your history. But he always let you decide in the end. The fincancial advisor was smart and helpful. The let you do in-house financing or you could do your own financing. The Sr also provided a list of employers that helped paid for fertility treatments if we needed to search for help in that way. They were very smart and helpful.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
With not having any children yet and not knowing how my body would do with pregnancy he recommended I do a single embryo transfer. I am so glad he did because my body does not do well with pregnancy. I am on bed rest for more than half my pregnancies due to placenta abruption. Nothing to do with IVF or how I conceived. Just how my body deals with pregnancy. Because of this I don’t think I could carry twins. So his recommendation was perfect and in my best interest.
Sandy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.

We completed the IUI during peak ovulation and come back for additional testing [with Dr. Heiner]. Received a negative test. Although not our ideal outcome, we were never lead to believe this was a perfect option for ,us as we chose to complete the IUI and were given low chances of success...met with us and explained in detail our situation, he met with us quickly after we inquired with his office and always followed up when we had questions/concerns.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
We had a great experience with RCC. Although we have not yet been able to achieve our goals to expand our family, they have been very helpful, understanding, and adaptive to our needs. They have never pressured us into treatments we were not ready for and understood our wishes to try other procedures before jumping to ICSI or IVF. We love the office and their staff.
Be prepared to ask questions, there will be a lot of information that they deal with daily that as a patient you may not fully understand. They are always happy to answer questions, so do not be afraid to ask those questions.
James Heiner met with us and explained in detail our situation, he met with us quickly after we inquired with his office and always followed up when we had questions/concerns.
We completed an unmedicated IUI process. This was a fairly smooth process starting with blood-work and testing (Ultrasound, SA, HSG, etc...). We completed the IUI during peak ovulation and come back for additional testing. Received a negative test. Although not our ideal outcome, we were never lead to believe this was a perfect option for ,us as we chose to complete the IUI and were given low chances of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
The nursing staff was amazing, they answered all questions when asked.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is very efficient at taking care of their patients whether it be a Saturday afternoon or during regular business hours. They are quick to call back if you don't get connected immediately. They are empathetic and professional.
Our cost was covered by insurance, but seemed reasonable comparative to others we researched.

Male Factor, Other
I really liked Dr. Heiner. He isn’t necessarily over the top warm and fuzzy. Be he is kind enough. He always kept me in the loop and was happy to answer or elaborate on any questions I had. If I needed to talk to him on the phone he would always quickly call me back... He doesn’t recommend implanting 2 embryos because of the risk factor with twins. I would listen to that advice. My twins were born prematurely and passed away. I wish I would’ve listened to his recommendation.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He always remembered right where we left off from the last appointment. You could tell he wanted us to get pregnant. He was friendly and compassionate. Our IVF twins were born prematurely and passed away, and when we called Dr. Heiner he was very sympathetic.
The last treatment I received was IVF fresh transfer. I did vaginal ultrasounds before hand which Dr. Heiner preformed to make sure everything looked good. As well as every time I went into check my egg progression. After my eggs were properly developed, we did the egg retreval. Again Dr Heiner was there and talked us through everything before we did it. Same goes for our implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
She was AMAZING. They all were. So on top of everything. Always answered my questions. So kind and sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.
$500-$1000 for IUI, depending on how intensive the IUI was. $1000-$2000 for IVF meds. About $7,000 for IVF treatment
He highly recommended we do 1 embryo due to the risks that multiples can cause. Your chance of getting pregnant does not go up If you implant two. You just have a higher chance of twins. He was direct and stated all the facts about why you should only implant one.
Sandy

The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him [Dr. James Heiner] was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have only seen him twice. The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
Know what you want and don't be afraid to speak your mind. They might suggest a treatment plan that is less aggressive than you would like so don't hold back if you feel like you want more
Dr heiner is nice and has a lot of experience but he did not familiarize himself with our history prior to meeting with us. He also made us feel like any treatment or tests we had done prior to coming to the clinic could have been incorrect and wanted to start us on a natural IUI cycle. I had already been on clomid for 4 months and had done 1 IUI with my obgyn so I did not feel like starting over was the best option.
I have done two cycles and they have been the same treatment. Baseline ultrasound CD 2. Femara CD 3-7. Gonal f 113ml CD 7,9 and 11. Ultrasound CD 12. If folicals are mature trigger shot CD 12. IUI CD 14. The first cycle I had 3 mature folicals, sperm sample looked great, no pregnancy. The cycle I had 2 mature folicals, sperm sample looks great but still waiting to take a pregnancy test
Rachel is great. She answered all my questions, showed me how to do my injections at home and had real interest and compassion for my treatment. She was sweet and a great communicator
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with
On their site they list the prices for their treatment. They said the cost of a single round of IUI with scans would be 1800 not including your medication. The gonal F and trigger shot costs 300 for each round
Sandy

I’ve enjoyed working with Dr Heiner, he’s very personable. My only complaint is I wish he would explain things more thoroughly. He will explain the plan but not really the reasons behind it or what things he’s looking for... We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He doesn’t always offer other options but when asked about them he’s more than willing to consider them
He asked questions to get to know me and my husband personally; not just our fertility history
We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF. Because of my pcos we did a very conservative approach with medications for my egg retrieval. It was kind of disappointing because I only ended up with 8 eggs. My ovaries did not respond as predicted. But he has said we will start with a higher dose if I end up needing it again. I did one fresh transfer that did not work and recently and frozen transfer I’m still waiting on results from
The nursing staff overall have been wonderful. They are all very sweet and caring and really make sure I feel comfortable. Rachel has been great as well. After a bad experience at another clinic I told Rachel I really need someone who communicates well and she definitely does. She always returns my calls/emails quickly to answer any questions and get my results to me fast. My only complaint is that she hasn’t been there for any of my IUIs or transfers which I find kind of odd. She’s there every step before and after but not at the “main event”
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
RCC is wonderful to patients, everyone I’ve worked with has been very kind and understanding. They are very flexible with appointments which has been really helpful trying to balance all this with work.
The IUIs cost around 400$ each including meds and monitoring. For IVF we did a multicycle package that’s 18k, then 2k additional for ICSI. Meds for the egg retrieval were about 3k and for the frozen transfer about 300$
I’ve always only wanted to transfer one so it wasn’t much of a discussion, he just agreed
Sandy

While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him [Dr. James Heiner], I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was recommended to me by my OBGYN. While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him, I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
You must be forward. Keep track of things yourself! And don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions!
He forgot my name several times at appointments, so I just felt like a quick look over the notes before seeing me type patient. I was rushed through a lot of things and just handed statistics & not given options. However, he did at least look at me which was great compared to my first doctor.
Blood tests to track ovulation, HSG- came back normal Suggestion of IVF after normal HSG and ovulation. Suspected ebdormetriosis but said IUI or laparoscopy wouldn’t help- my doctor now is taking me through those first.
I only had interaction with one during an ultrasound. She was so much more helpful than my actual doctor. She was kind and didn’t make me feel silly. The lab lady was also very kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths: nice- they didn’t get angry or frustrated. Able to schedule appointments Weaknesses: I was mis-scheduled once- they thought I was going in for a different procedure than I was- glad I caught it ;) have failed to forward info to new doc without asking multiple times. Still have not
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.

2013 - 2017
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his [Dr. James Heiner] answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
If he doesn't feel right for you, move on! Not every RE is created equal. Infertility is an emotional roller coaster and having an RE that fits your needs and knows how to approach your specific issues is invaluable.
Dr. Heiner was very blunt and quick to say we had absolutely no option but IVF/ICSI. From the start, I've felt like he's in it more for the money than to help fix anything. I appreciate honesty but considering how emotionally taxing this process is I would like an RE that is sympathetic and not quite so clinical.
His recommended strategy was to go straight to IVF/ICSI. My husband and I felt that was drastic and wanted more answers. We ended up seeing Dr. Hotaling for my husbands MFI and he has been great! We decided to try an IUI after my husbands treatments have made his numbers better. For that, Dr. Heiner gave me femara and an Ovidrel shot. The IUI was a bust and he continues to tell us IVF/ICSI is our only option when we hear differently from the Urologist office.
I love his nursing staff. They give you the emotional hug that is lacking with Dr. Heiner and listen quite a bit more.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me.
My insurance does not cover anything so it's all out of pocket. They have given some discounts on procedures and shots which is nice.
I haven't been educated on this yet.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic... He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it...he always follows up to check on how we are doing...He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic. He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it. I met him years ago and I will never switch drs. He shakes my husbands hand every time we see him, and he always follows up to check on how we are doing.
You have to ask questions. He will answer them, but he may not brush up on every detail unless you ask.
My Dr is the most kind caring individual I have ever met. He appreciates me as his patient and I can tell he is frustrated that we have not been able to conceive again. He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
IUI's we used bravelle, femera, and ultrasounds. IVF we used bravelle, femara, estrace, birth control, blood work, ultra sounds, more injections that I can't fully remember. Both have been successful, unfortunately I have lost three IVF pregnancies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Reinhart )
Amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome, they always answer and if they don't they call you right back, they get you on the schedule very fast, and their office is clean and warming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
I could go in for monitoring whenever I needed! They were always very quick!
$15,500 for 2 retrievals and as many FET's as I produced. Meds were outside of that, I spent about $8,000 4,000 per cycle
He suggests single transfers for me because twins are dangerous, especially with someone like me that has factor v, the more hormones produced the more likely a blood clot
Sandy

Dr. Heiner was great from the very beginning. ... We expressed what we wanted to do with our next treatments and he made sure that we were doing what was best for us and that we didn’t jump into something big before we tried everything else first. I was ready to jump right into IVF but we hadn’t done a round of IUI with injections yet and he wanted us to try that first which I was glad about. The IUI’s were not successful (we did 2 with him) and after we found out the second wasn’t successful he had us meet with him in his office where he reviewed the previous levels for both me and my husband.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner was great from the very beginning. During our first visit he took the time to listen to everything we had tried with previous doctors and asked thoughtful questions which made me feel more comfortable. We expressed what we wanted to do with our next treatments and he made sure that we were doing what was best for us and that we didn’t jump into something big before we tried everything else first. I was ready to jump right into IVF but we hadn’t done a round of IUI with injections yet and he wanted us to try that first which I was glad about. The IUI’s were not successful (we did 2 with him) and after we found out the second wasn’t successful he had us meet with him in his office where he reviewed the previous levels for both me and my husband. He noticed that Jordan’s sperm had changed and he recalculated our fertility score and found it was low. He then suggested moving to IVF only if we were comfortable and ready for it. We voiced our concerns and he took the time to answer all of our questions. We didn’t feel rushed one bit. In the end we decided not to move forward at that time. We loved working with Dr. Heiner!
Everyone made sure that we felt comfortable every time we went into the office!
I had not tried injections during any previous IUI’s and that was the first thing he wanted us to try. Unfortunately it didn’t work again, but I was glad that he took a different approach than my previous doctors.
They were all very friendly
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt comfortable from the first moment I scheduled our first appointment. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile. The nurses were always friendly and we’re great to make sure we didn’t waste our time while there.
We paid for our initial visit, the two iui’s And follow up appointments for both. Standard fees
Sandy

After talking with Dr. Heiner I had a hard time feeling confident that he really knew and understood our infertility issues. I would always have to repeat myself and our diagnosis to him. We had lots of phone appointments because we were out of state. He would mumble over the phone, and would speak as though we knew all the terminology. I finally asked him to PLEASE have his assistant send an email with all the details regarding our course of treatment because I could not follow what he was saying.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Don't expect answers - he will only give you the bare minimum regarding your treatment unless you ask for more details.
I would never hear from the Dr or staff regarding any of my concerns, questions, or test results unless I called them. I would have to call several times and it sometimes took weeks for them to call or email me back.
IVF low-dose stimulation. Started Femara 5 mg for 5 days. Gonal-F 450 units and Low dose HCG 50 units day 3 and day 5. Monitored after that and continued with Gonal-F for a few more days. Can't remember exactly. Only produced 3 eggs. 1 egg was viable for IVF. That 1 egg was fertilized using ICSI. Fortunately that 1 egg was good quality and became a good quality embryo. Day 3 embryo transfer - resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Baby girl was born February 27, 2017. Dr Heiner was the primary Dr however Dr Blauer (also from RCC) was the Dr who performed all ultrasounds, egg retrieval, and egg transfer.
My care coordinator was not a good communicator and did not make an effort to reach out to me with information unless I contacted her. I felt like I was always forgotten. I much preferred Dr. Blauer's care coordinator Jeanette - who ended up helping me during our IVF treatment and giving me her personal cell number so that I could ask her any questions any time!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This is difficult to answer as I was living in Idaho while receiving treatment. I'm hoping my experience is not typical for others. Dr. Blauers team was great while Dr. Heiners was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the clinic as a whole.
$17,000+ for a multi cycle contract. 3 cycles.
Sandy

I was able to Skype with him [Dr. Heiner] for our "office visits". Even though I only "met" him through a screen, we were able to quickly figure out our needs and next steps. It was very convenient to not travel to 5 hours one way. I was able to order labs through the local Hospital and discuss them and quickly come up with a plan...I felt like he actually cared....First we did the generic labs for both my husband and myself
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Because we live out of state, I was able to Skype with him for our "office visits". Even though I only "met" him through a screen, we were able to quickly figure out our needs and next steps. It was very convenient to not travel to 5 hours one way. I was able to order labs through the local Hospital and discuss them and quickly come up with a plan.
Look into Skype visits if you live far away!
I felt like he actually cared.
First we did the generic labs for both my husband and myself. We were able to get pregnant 2 years before seeing a doctor, but then miscarried. I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. My husband had slightly low sperm count, motility, morphology, along with white blood cells in his sperm. For my husband, whe was put on an antibiotic to clear a possible infection and Fertilaid and CoQ10 (both OTC) to help with the sperm. I began thyroid medicine (Levothyroxin) and took Pregnitude (OTC). I also had an HSG done to check for tube blockages/clear them. After the HSG, we got our BFP!! The next step, however, was going to be Femara and possiblibly and IUI. I felt that it was rushing and the medicine didnt have time to fully work. Thankfully, it didn't get to that point. Overall, I'm pleased with the treatment and care I received.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
They were great! The Dr. Heiner's nurse always emailed me the next steps, and she was always so helpful when I called with questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The Skype visits are great! They allowed me to do them at my local hospital because I was out of state. However, it may be much cheaper to do them through the clinic. They also have a discount for self pay if your insurance doesn't cover infertility. We also received another discount based on our household income. That was a welcome relief! We were able t qualify for a $50 initial "visit" because we were referred there by a friend. Fertility treatments are expensive, but they made it affordable!
Great discounts! $50 initial office visit because I was referred by a friend. I believe a 10% discount for self pay (insurance didnt cover infertility). And income based discount for being below a certain number. For example, An HSG (live xray with contrast dye into the tubes and uterus) was only $309 out of pocket, compared to the "sticker" price of $500+. The billing department was awesome and quickly sent bills and communicated well.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He is very knowledgeable and is kind and courteous. So far we have not gotten pregnant but hopefully will in the next few months based on our plan with Dr. Heiner. So far the treatments we have done are working like they should and are excited to get to the next phase of treatment.... We have done standard fertility testing to get to our diagnosis of unexplained fertility. He said it was possible I had endometriosis and surgery could be an option to help with fertility. I did the surgery for pain reasons mostly but Dr. Heiner said it may increase our chances and we will see if it does in a few months.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Schedule an appointment. He is great and should be considered when looking into fertility options.
He was very understanding and explained things in ways we could understand. He answered all of our questions and has been happy to help us and get us where we need to be.
We have done standard fertility testing to get to our diagnosis of unexplained fertility. He said it was possible I had endometriosis and surgery could be an option to help with fertility. I did the surgery for pain reasons mostly but Dr. Heiner said it may increase our chances and we will see if it does in a few months. If not we will move onto IVF.
They have always been kind and tried to find the answers to many of our questions before making appointments.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
There was a little hiccup with our insurance and not getting the correct facility set up for my endometriosis surgery. They were awesome and tried to fix it in a way that would work. It would have been nice to have that all done before scheduling work off, but they tried to make it work so it was an overall ok experience.
Insurance has mostly covered it but we did pay out of pockets for some testing which they had a discount for self pay patients.

2013 - 2018
With some trial and error he [Dr. Heiner] realized I needed to start high and go down as I respond. My first successful cycles we started at 375 iu and worked down to 200 iu over 8 days. I got pregnant with twins that cycle. When I went back a year later. We did the same protocol and I got my 2nd son...He was very interested in the details of our case. He seemed invested in our success.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very good at breaking it down and finding answers. Very straightforward. I always felt like he was very professional. He is not a warm fuzzy kind of doctor. At this point in my treatment, that was the least of my concern. I have referred friends to his care.
We started FSH and femara my first cycle with him. I have extraordinarily high AMH. We had to add more FSH every few days. The plan was to do 3 days at 80 iu. By the end of the cycle I had done 13 days of FSH injections gradually moving up to 375 iu. With some trial and error he realized I needed to start high and go down as I respond. My first successful cycles we started at 375 iu and worked down to 200 iu over 8 days. I got pregnant with twins that cycle. When I went back a year later. We did the same protocol and I got my 2nd son.
I loved the nurses and the nurse practitioners than did many of my ultrasound and IUI. Many gave personal infertility stories. It added compassion and hope to the process to have someone who had been there walking you through it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I had great experiences with the clinic. Never had terrible getting appointments, waiting for the appointment or getting call back. Billing could be clearer. I did have difficulty after paying all past due and getting additional bills sorted out.
Because of the meds required, IUI with FSH cycles ranged from 3500-7000.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Heiner took a long time with my husband and I during our appointments. He explained everything in detail, including drawing diagrams and writing down statistics. I was impressed by the amount of detail he remembered when I read the appointment notes later.... We discussed using clomid versus femara and adding Gonal F. We increased the clomid to 100mg per day and then followed up with bloodwork to see how I responded. He explained that the Gonal F will reduce some of the negative effects of the clomid, with regard to mucus.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Write down your questions in advance and as they come up during the appointment.
Dr. Heiner spent an extensive amount of time with myself and my husband. He continued to answer question after question without appearing rushed or bothered. Later, I received the notes from our appointment and they were incredibly detailed!
Rachel and anyone I have spoken to has taken the time to answer all my questions, to confirm answers and get back to me, etc. I never feel like they are rushed or annoyed with my calls.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I have recently learned that this clinic does not participate in the attain loan program. That is a downside for me. The costs of some procedures are a little higher than other clinics. Also, I have been told that their embryo adoption waiting list time and selection is different from other clinics in the area.
I purchased a diagnostic package for $700. IUI's were just over $400 and IVF depends upon many factor. We have not yet moved forward with IVF.
Pleasant Grove

He [Dr. Heiner] has been in the industry for a very long time and is very knowledgable, however because he's been doing this so long he can sometimes come across as having a "been there, seen that" personality. You feel like another person he's putting through the same process. He does do a good job at explaining things in non-medical terms so you understand what is going on.... I felt like he just was hustling me to the next step instead of asking what I wanted to do.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He has been in the industry for a very long time and is very knowledgable, however because he's been doing this so long he can sometimes come across as having a "been there, seen that" personality. You feel like another person he's putting through the same process. He does do a good job at explaining things in non-medical terms so you understand what is going on.
He is great, just let him know what pace you want to go at. Make sure you speak your opinions, thoughts and questions.
I know each doctors has steps they would like to take during the process, but I felt like he just was hustling me to the next step instead of asking what I wanted to do.
I don't remember. It all just felt like the same process as everyone else.
Rachel was always checking in to see if I needed anything. She was compassionate about my situation and feelings.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic was great. It was nice to get blood work done at any of their locations since my doctor was 40 minutes from home and their second location where I got blood work done was 5 minutes away from home.
I cannot remember.

2013 - 2016
Anovulation, Unexplained
he [Dr. Heiner] will take good care of you!...We started with IUIs. After 5 failed we went to IVF...He was extremely realistic and practical yet encouraging and hopeful. He was positive and involved. He was at every appointment and even came in on a weekend when he wasn’t assigned to be on call to do my transfer. He was genuine and kind and loving. Him and his clinic helped provide us different plans and financial plans to help us achieve getting pregnant
2013 - 2016
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I loved him. He was extremely realistic and practical yet encouraging and hopeful. He was positive and involved. He was at every appointment and even came in on a weekend when he wasn’t assigned to be on call to do my transfer. He was genuine and kind and loving. Him and his clinic helped provide us different plans and financial plans to help us achieve getting pregnant
Go to him he will take good care of you!
I loved the staff and doctor so much! My nurses were so loving. They emailed me, called me to check up on me and I truly felt like they all loved me and were cheering for me
We started with IUIs. After 5 failed we went to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
There were fantastic! They had a dedicated room to reviewing print out and instructions before and after each treatment or procedure with the nurses. They emailed me talked with me and were always available when needed
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I loved the clinic. It was a longer drive for us but was worth it. It is a calm and comforting atmosphere and everything is fine in house so I liked that everything was all in on place. I think everything they did was a strengrh.
I don’t remember. They did provide us with a small discount based on our income at the time and helped us get discounts on our medication
1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Heiner was nice but did not remember me from apt to apt nor my information. I found out I was having difficulty by chance by a test we asked for rather then a test he suggested or felt like was important...Did not remember details of case and gave contradictory info...I feel like the office [at Reproductive Care Center] is disorganized. I had dropped off several test results at the front desk per dr request which never made it to him...I had blood work done and they said they would call with the results in Friday. The did not. I called and left s voicemail the next week and did not get a call back. I called the next week and left a voicemail and then got called back with the results.
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Did not remember details of case and gave contradictory info
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I feel like the office is disorganized. I had dropped off several test results at the front desk per dr request which never made it to him...I had blood work done and they said they would call with the results in Friday. The did not. I called and left s voicemail the next week and did not get a call back. I called the next week and left a voicemail and then got called back with the results.

2010 - 2011
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. James Heiner] seems to know what he was doing. I wish he would have changed our treatment when the previous ivf's didn't work. I like that he is very honest and blunt, some may have an issue with how blunt he is but my husband and I really appreciate the truth and honesty...The clinic was very busy and sometimes we had to call to get more info instead of them calling us...Infertility is expensive I wish they made it less about money and more about helping you achieve pregnancy
2010 - 2011
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He seems to know what he was doing. I wish he would have changed our treatment when the previous ivf's didn't work. I like that he is very honest and blunt, some may have an issue with how blunt he is but my husband and I really appreciate the truth and honesty.
Ask questions
I don't remember

2010 - 2016
He [Dr. James Heiner] is more driven by the human, and not by the numbers. Meaning, that he takes into consideration your unique situation. I took far less medications with him than I did my previous doctor, and all my cycles with him were successful.... He explained everything very well to us and actually helped us decide that transferring one embryo was in our best interest. Because of this new information, we were able to successfully transfer one embryo and get pregnant.
2010 - 2016
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is the best! He has given us the gift of three beautiful children. He explained everything very well to us and actually helped us decide that transferring one embryo was in our best interest. Because of this new information, we were able to successfully transfer one embryo and get pregnant.
Listen to him and follow his advice.
He was so kind and compassionate. He always commented on our kids and asked how they were. He took our comments and worries into consideration.
He is more driven by the human, and not by the numbers. Meaning, that he takes into consideration your unique situation. I took far less medications with him than I did my previous doctor, and all my cycles with him were successful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Nice clinic, I"ve been going there for over a decade! The nursing staff is wonderful, billing department is horrible and underqualified for their job. The actual clinic is clean and a nice environment.
He strongly suggested we only transfer one embryo. He knew we wanted to have a couple more babies, and he said we'd have our best chance by only transferring one. He explained this in great detail to us and we felt very confident in this choice.