6.9

UCLA

James Heiner works at

10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092

I’ve enjoyed working with Dr Heiner, he’s very personable. My only complaint is I wish he would explain things more thoroughly. He will explain the plan but not really the reasons behind it or what things he’s looking for... We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF.
RCC is wonderful to patients, everyone I’ve worked with has been very kind and understanding. They are very flexible with appointments which has been really helpful trying to balance all this with work... The IUIs cost around 400$ each including meds and monitoring. For IVF we did a multicycle package that’s 18k, then 2k additional for ICSI. Meds for the egg retrieval were about 3k and for the frozen transfer about 300$
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He doesn’t always offer other options but when asked about them he’s more than willing to consider them
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He asked questions to get to know me and my husband personally; not just our fertility history
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF. Because of my pcos we did a very conservative approach with medications for my egg retrieval. It was kind of disappointing because I only ended up with 8 eggs. My ovaries did not respond as predicted. But he has said we will start with a higher dose if I end up needing it again. I did one fresh transfer that did not work and recently and frozen transfer I’m still waiting on results from
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
The nursing staff overall have been wonderful. They are all very sweet and caring and really make sure I feel comfortable. Rachel has been great as well. After a bad experience at another clinic I told Rachel I really need someone who communicates well and she definitely does. She always returns my calls/emails quickly to answer any questions and get my results to me fast. My only complaint is that she hasn’t been there for any of my IUIs or transfers which I find kind of odd. She’s there every step before and after but not at the “main event”
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
I’ve always only wanted to transfer one so it wasn’t much of a discussion, he just agreed
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
After my egg retrieval I was told they would call with an embryo update by 5pm. After no call I called them around 530, they said they were still looking at things and would call me back. Around 6pm I finally got my embryo update. When you’re waiting on something like that each minute feels like forever. They were very apologetic though
Sandy
I was able to Skype with him [Dr. Heiner] for our "office visits". Even though I only "met" him through a screen, we were able to quickly figure out our needs and next steps. It was very convenient to not travel to 5 hours one way. I was able to order labs through the local Hospital and discuss them and quickly come up with a plan...I felt like he actually cared....First we did the generic labs for both my husband and myself
The Skype visits are great! They [RRC - Sandy] allowed me to do them at my local hospital because I was out of state. However, it may be much cheaper to do them through the clinic. They also have a discount for self pay if your insurance doesn't cover infertility. We also received another discount based on our household income. That was a welcome relief! We were able t qualify for a $50 initial "visit" because we were referred there by a friend. Fertility treatments are expensive, but they made it affordable!
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Because we live out of state, I was able to Skype with him for our "office visits". Even though I only "met" him through a screen, we were able to quickly figure out our needs and next steps. It was very convenient to not travel to 5 hours one way. I was able to order labs through the local Hospital and discuss them and quickly come up with a plan.
Look into Skype visits if you live far away!
I felt like he actually cared.
First we did the generic labs for both my husband and myself. We were able to get pregnant 2 years before seeing a doctor, but then miscarried. I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. My husband had slightly low sperm count, motility, morphology, along with white blood cells in his sperm. For my husband, whe was put on an antibiotic to clear a possible infection and Fertilaid and CoQ10 (both OTC) to help with the sperm. I began thyroid medicine (Levothyroxin) and took Pregnitude (OTC). I also had an HSG done to check for tube blockages/clear them. After the HSG, we got our BFP!! The next step, however, was going to be Femara and possiblibly and IUI. I felt that it was rushing and the medicine didnt have time to fully work. Thankfully, it didn't get to that point. Overall, I'm pleased with the treatment and care I received.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
They were great! The Dr. Heiner's nurse always emailed me the next steps, and she was always so helpful when I called with questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The Skype visits are great! They allowed me to do them at my local hospital because I was out of state. However, it may be much cheaper to do them through the clinic. They also have a discount for self pay if your insurance doesn't cover infertility. We also received another discount based on our household income. That was a welcome relief! We were able t qualify for a $50 initial "visit" because we were referred there by a friend. Fertility treatments are expensive, but they made it affordable!
Great discounts! $50 initial office visit because I was referred by a friend. I believe a 10% discount for self pay (insurance didnt cover infertility). And income based discount for being below a certain number. For example, An HSG (live xray with contrast dye into the tubes and uterus) was only $309 out of pocket, compared to the "sticker" price of $500+. The billing department was awesome and quickly sent bills and communicated well.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I didn't receive test results right away, but did at the next appointment.
Sandy
He [Dr. Heiner] was personable and explained test results in a way even my husband could understand. We never felt rushed and were given all the information we needed about what to expect with treatment. I am still undergoing treatment but so far so good.... Surgery was suggested and much needed due to my advanced endometriosis. Surgery went well and I had no complaints. Realistic options and outcomes were explained to us and we were given the choice of how we wanted to proceed with treatment.
The clinic is very friendly and welcoming. I’ve had no complaints other than the organization of the online billing. I pay in office now and have no issues but I don’t like that you can’t see individual payments online. It groups them together at times and can be confusing.... The costs were comparable to other clinics I had researched. RCC does guarantee to beat other clinics pricing.... There was only one time that I wasn’t called with a test result.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was personable and explained test results in a way even my husband could understand. We never felt rushed and were given all the information we needed about what to expect with treatment. I am still undergoing treatment but so far so good.
Ask questions, he’s willing to answer them.
He was very personable and kind.
Surgery was suggested and much needed due to my advanced endometriosis. Surgery went well and I had no complaints. Realistic options and outcomes were explained to us and we were given the choice of how we wanted to proceed with treatment. Once we made up our mind about IVF we were given all the information needed to prepare. We’re hoping for success!
Organized and very informational. She is very sweet and willing to take the time to answer all questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
There was only one time that I wasn’t called with a test result. It was the genetic testing. I saw the results online so I called the office and they happily explained results and apologized for not calling.

2019, Consult
He [Dr. James Heiner] has a ton of experience and has been very thorough with us. In our consultation it was clear that he had spent a great amount of time going over mine and my husband’s medical history...Make sure that you have all of your medical records sent over for him to review before your consultation...The doctor and his staff have been extremely caring and they do a great job with communication...
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Care Center] have been so compassionate! They are very knowledgeable. They walk you through each procedure and test step by step and will tell you what is next...They are very accommodating. They return phone calls in a very timely manner. One thing that would be nice is if after the consult they had you meet with the billing coordinator. It would be nice to be able to go over what is billed to insurance and what isn’t up front...
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He has a ton of experience and has been very thorough with us. In our consultation it was clear that he had spent a great amount of time going over mine and my husband’s medical history. We are just going through all of the testing right now and will meet with him in the next week or so to go over the results and come up with a treatment plan.
We are just starting this process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing staff have been so compassionate! They are very knowledgeable. They walk you through each procedure and test step by step and will tell you what is next.
Clearfield

He [Dr. Heiner] was very detailed in his explanations and he’s very intelligent, but I felt like he didn’t care one way or the other how things worked out. ... He definitely knows what he’s doing but go in with an open mind. I feel he could show more compassion. ... Always on time. He was pretty blunt and I think he could work on how he delivers news. I did see him at every visit which was a plus. Overall he was fine but I feel there’s better out there for me.
It took them [Reproductive Care Center] a while to return phone calls. Although if you wanted to make an appointment, I have never had to wait more than a week. Nurses are very friendly and you’re automatically greeted when you step into the clinic. ... Procedures were fairly priced. My HSG was only a few hundred dollars ... The nursing staff was so wonderful and compassionate. I have no complaints regarding them. ...
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very intelligent. Always on time. He was pretty blunt and I think he could work on how he delivers news. I did see him at every visit which was a plus. Overall he was fine but I feel there’s better out there for me.
He was very detailed in his explanations and he’s very intelligent, but I felt like he didn’t care one way or the other how things worked out.
I have anovulation. I did six or seven medicated cycles with my obgyn before seeing Dr Heiner. He suggested clomid, as well as a shot to help before ovulation, and then a trigger shot. No IUI or other procedure was done this cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It took them a while to return phone calls. Although if you wanted to make an appointment, I have never had to wait more than a week. Nurses are very friendly and you’re automatically greeted when you step into the clinic.
Shots were overnighted and through an outside company. Procedures were fairly priced. My HSG was only a few hundred dollars. Aside from that I don’t remember much about the pricing.
2019, Consult
He [Dr. James Heiner] relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely...needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach...I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step...
I preferred the clinic [for Reproductive Care Center] in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
All about the statistics, needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach. I had heard that the clinic was shading and helped women in these circumstances feel at ease. I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is.
Don't expect a touchy feely doc
He relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I preferred the clinic in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff.
Clearfield

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
He [Dr. Heiner] was great and very knowledge. Made you feel as comfortable as possible. He explained everything in details and answered any questions you had. He was also layed out all options when the iui’s We’re not working so we knew the options we had after that.... The staff [Repro Care Center] was great. Always willing to answer any questions and make you feel comfortable. Dr Heiner was very knowledgeable
I thought the whole clinic [Reproductive Care Center] was great. It’s sad that infertitly treatments are sooo expensive and that it’s not covered under insurance but the staff and clinic were great! Strengths - the pharmacy they work with down the street was great to work with and concvient. The staff was all very understanding and knowledgeable.... The staff was great. Always willing to answer any questions and make you feel comfortable.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was great and very knowledge. Made you feel as comfortable as possible. He explained everything in details and answered any questions you had. He was also layed out all options when the iui’s We’re not working so we knew the options we had after that.
Ask him all the questions you have.
The staff was great. Always willing to answer any questions and make you feel comfortable. Dr Heiner was very knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I thought the whole clinic was great. It’s sad that infertitly treatments are sooo expensive and that it’s not covered under insurance but the staff and clinic were great! Strengths - the pharmacy they work with down the street was great to work with and concvient. The staff was all very understanding and knowledgeable.
The doctors visit, iui cost, medication, tests,