6.9

UCLA

James Heiner works at

10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092

Although most treatments under Dr. Heiner's care was with our nursing team, a big thing was we never had cancelled cycles under his care...[He] stepped in mid treatment for us, we had already our Femara plan in place. After an anovulatory month, he increased Femara. Then he also oversaw the next cycle that we added injections and gave us dosage/instructions for that.
The [Reproductive Care Center] nursing team is amazing. We have run into a few snags with billing not checking our insurance and have had trouble getting 2 IUI's covered, resulting in paying out of pocket. The front desk staff is amazing and always so willing to help get us in/answer questions they can... An IUI resulted out of pocket about $510
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Although most treatments under Dr. Heiner's care was with our nursing team, a big thing was we never had cancelled cycles under his care. Since there has been a new Dr. stepping in now at our clinic, we have had 2 or 3 cancelled cycles and spent a month on birth control...
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Communicates well with nursing team to continue to provide your care and continue cycles. This was huge to us as obviously this is the reason we were there!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
After our first doctor left the clinic, we started to notice prescriptions called in under Dr. Heiner's name. This was really our introduction to having a new doctor, obviously we weren't thrilled as we loved the doctor we originally had a consult and started treatments with
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
As Dr Heiner stepped in mid treatment for us, we had already our Femara plan in place. After an anovulatory month, he increased Femara. Then he also oversaw the next cycle that we added injections and gave us dosage/instructions for that. Which ended up in a successful cycle, later resulting in a MC
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
We love the nursing staff at RCC. Very understanding and supportive. They root us on after every appointment, whether it be due to an upcoming IUI or timed intercourse, they give the upmost hope to everything we are faced with even after a cancelled cycle or our MC
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing team is amazing. We have run into a few snags with billing not checking our insurance and have had trouble getting 2 IUI's covered, resulting in paying out of pocket. The front desk staff is amazing and always so willing to help get us in/answer questions they can.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.
I am not sure exam or scan wise. An IUI resulted out of pocket about $510 if I remember correctly
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
During our December cycle, it took a LOT to get our prescriptions called into insurance to be able to get them covered/shipped before the new year. After about 3-4 days I was able to get my order placed correctly with our insurance and covered before deductibles started over again
Clearfield

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Heiner] often forgets your treatment plan, their office will quote you one price and then an different price, hard to get a hold of...He is forgetful, I feel like it is two steps forward, one step back, had to pay for an extra surgery since he couldn't get the saline sonogram to work, He is a nice guy, but I don't feel like I am getting the best care or that they care about my husband and I.
[Reproductive Care Center nurse] is pretty good, but get her direct line phone number...We were led to believe we qualified for the guaranteed program, but when we went to pay we were hit with thousands of dollars of added fees no one told use about. Then we decided to pay for so many cycles. Again when we went to pay we were hit by additional fees. Then, when we finalized paperwork, the billing office had figured it out incorrectly and had to redo paperwork numerous times.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Try someone else in this clinic or try a different clinic.
He often forgets your treatment plan, their office will quote you one price and then an different price, hard to get a hold of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
Jane is pretty good, but get her direct line phone number.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The financial/billing person I am working with is disorganized. I often feel like I am the first patient they have ever treated and the are still figuring things out. You work with the donor coordinator, billing and nursing, but sometimes I wonder if they communicate at all with each other.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I have really had to stay on top of things and call often or if I don't hear from them and should have. Have to be proactive. I feel like I call a lot and they often say "didn't so and so tell you?"

2020, Unsuccessful
[he] was very kind and took the time to look over all of my history...the main thing i did not like was that dr heiner seemed to downplay what i was feeling and going through. i explained the 3 miscarriages i have had and he was like but technically only 2 losses because one was chemical, seemed a little insensitive to me...
i was very impressed with the [Reproductive Care Center] nursing staff and how well informed they were. they were always happy to answer any questions or concerns that i had...the clinic was neat and tidy and well kept weaknesses- the front desk staff was not very warm or welcoming like i had hoped. seemed to treat you like a bother...
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
be firm in what you want and expect. have lots of questions ready
dr heiner was very kind and took the time to look over all of my history
letrozole days 3-7 at home OPK days 10-20, pregnancy test day 28
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
i was very impressed with the nursing staff and how well informed they were. they were always happy to answer any questions or concerns that i had
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
strengths- the nursing staff and MA's were very friendly and always happy to help, the clinic was neat and tidy and well kept weaknesses- the front desk staff was not very warm or welcoming like i had hoped. seemed to treat you like a bother
with dr heiner i only did letrozole so the only cost there was the cost of medicine. $10-20 per prescription. cost of the consultation was about $250
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
there was one time that i was waiting on my hcg results and was told i would get a call within a few hours and didnt get the call until 5 days later

2010 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. James Heiner] is more driven by the human, and not by the numbers. Meaning, that he takes into consideration your unique situation. I took far less medications with him than I did my previous doctor, and all my cycles with him were successful.... He explained everything very well to us and actually helped us decide that transferring one embryo was in our best interest. Because of this new information, we were able to successfully transfer one embryo and get pregnant.
Nice clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Sandy], I"ve been going there for over a decade! The nursing staff is wonderful, billing department is horrible and underqualified for their job. The actual clinic is clean and a nice environment.... He [Dr. James Heiner] strongly suggested we only transfer one embryo. He knew we wanted to have a couple more babies, and he said we'd have our best chance by only transferring one. He explained this in great detail to us and we felt very confident in this choice.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is the best! He has given us the gift of three beautiful children. He explained everything very well to us and actually helped us decide that transferring one embryo was in our best interest. Because of this new information, we were able to successfully transfer one embryo and get pregnant.
Listen to him and follow his advice.
He was so kind and compassionate. He always commented on our kids and asked how they were. He took our comments and worries into consideration.
He is more driven by the human, and not by the numbers. Meaning, that he takes into consideration your unique situation. I took far less medications with him than I did my previous doctor, and all my cycles with him were successful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Nice clinic, I"ve been going there for over a decade! The nursing staff is wonderful, billing department is horrible and underqualified for their job. The actual clinic is clean and a nice environment.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
He strongly suggested we only transfer one embryo. He knew we wanted to have a couple more babies, and he said we'd have our best chance by only transferring one. He explained this in great detail to us and we felt very confident in this choice.
2019, Consult
He [Dr. James Heiner] relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely...needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach...I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step...
I preferred the clinic [for Reproductive Care Center] in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
All about the statistics, needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach. I had heard that the clinic was shading and helped women in these circumstances feel at ease. I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is.
Don't expect a touchy feely doc
He relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I preferred the clinic in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff.
Clearfield

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
He [Dr. Heiner] was great and very knowledge. Made you feel as comfortable as possible. He explained everything in details and answered any questions you had. He was also layed out all options when the iui’s We’re not working so we knew the options we had after that.... The staff [Repro Care Center] was great. Always willing to answer any questions and make you feel comfortable. Dr Heiner was very knowledgeable
I thought the whole clinic [Reproductive Care Center] was great. It’s sad that infertitly treatments are sooo expensive and that it’s not covered under insurance but the staff and clinic were great! Strengths - the pharmacy they work with down the street was great to work with and concvient. The staff was all very understanding and knowledgeable.... The staff was great. Always willing to answer any questions and make you feel comfortable.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was great and very knowledge. Made you feel as comfortable as possible. He explained everything in details and answered any questions you had. He was also layed out all options when the iui’s We’re not working so we knew the options we had after that.
Ask him all the questions you have.
The staff was great. Always willing to answer any questions and make you feel comfortable. Dr Heiner was very knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I thought the whole clinic was great. It’s sad that infertitly treatments are sooo expensive and that it’s not covered under insurance but the staff and clinic were great! Strengths - the pharmacy they work with down the street was great to work with and concvient. The staff was all very understanding and knowledgeable.
The doctors visit, iui cost, medication, tests,
Sandy

We completed the IUI during peak ovulation and come back for additional testing [with Dr. Heiner]. Received a negative test. Although not our ideal outcome, we were never lead to believe this was a perfect option for ,us as we chose to complete the IUI and were given low chances of success...met with us and explained in detail our situation, he met with us quickly after we inquired with his office and always followed up when we had questions/concerns.
This clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is very efficient at taking care of their patients whether it be a Saturday afternoon or during regular business hours. They are quick to call back if you don't get connected immediately. They are empathetic and professional...Although we have not yet been able to achieve our goals to expand our family, they have been very helpful, understanding, and adaptive to our needs. They have never pressured us into treatments we were not ready for and understood our wishes to try other procedures before jumping to ICSI or IVF. We love the office and their staff.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
We had a great experience with RCC. Although we have not yet been able to achieve our goals to expand our family, they have been very helpful, understanding, and adaptive to our needs. They have never pressured us into treatments we were not ready for and understood our wishes to try other procedures before jumping to ICSI or IVF. We love the office and their staff.
Be prepared to ask questions, there will be a lot of information that they deal with daily that as a patient you may not fully understand. They are always happy to answer questions, so do not be afraid to ask those questions.
James Heiner met with us and explained in detail our situation, he met with us quickly after we inquired with his office and always followed up when we had questions/concerns.
We completed an unmedicated IUI process. This was a fairly smooth process starting with blood-work and testing (Ultrasound, SA, HSG, etc...). We completed the IUI during peak ovulation and come back for additional testing. Received a negative test. Although not our ideal outcome, we were never lead to believe this was a perfect option for ,us as we chose to complete the IUI and were given low chances of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
The nursing staff was amazing, they answered all questions when asked.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is very efficient at taking care of their patients whether it be a Saturday afternoon or during regular business hours. They are quick to call back if you don't get connected immediately. They are empathetic and professional.
Our cost was covered by insurance, but seemed reasonable comparative to others we researched.

2014, Successful
Ask questions if you don’t understand something, he [Dr. James Heiner] is always willing to answer...We did ICSI because of male factor infertility...Before we did the egg retrieval he said he liked to transfer one because there are more risks with a twin pregnancy or possibilities of eggs splitting but then I only ended up with two embryos on day 3 so he let me transfer both...He was always very kind when I went in to meet him and took the time to explain everything so I could understand what was going on.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Care Center] was amazing. I started bleeding two weeks after I got a positive pregnancy test and when I called to talk to them they were very comforting and allowed me to come in for a check up that day. Luckily, everything looked ok and I had a healthy pregnancy. It was really nice to be able to be seen so fast...I did the guarantee plan so I paid for four cycles and if it didn’t end up in a live birth I got my money back. Luckily, it worked.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what was going on with me when my primary care doctor didn’t. He was clear about what the process would be like and took the time to explain it to us. We ended up doing ICSI and everything turned out great-we were able to get pregnant in the first try and had healthy twins.
Ask questions if you don’t understand something, he is always willing to answer.
We did ICSI because of male factor infertility.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing staff was amazing. I started bleeding two weeks after I got a positive pregnancy test and when I called to talk to them they were very comforting and allowed me to come in for a check up that day. Luckily, everything looked ok and I had a healthy pregnancy. It was really nice to be able to be seen so fast.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I called a few other clinics and they couldn’t get me in for at least a month and RCC was able to get me in in a week! I never had any problems scheduling appointments with them. Eveyone in the office is friendly and the office itself was always clean.