6.9

James Heiner works at

10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Heiner is a grandfatherly figure. He is patient, kind, eloquent, and confident in his knowledge. He asked us pointed, clear questions and clarified as many times as I needed... I felt cared for and while talking to Dr. Heiner, I almost felt like his only patient. His focus was on me, my husband, and our goals. He explained clearly and was very patient with my questions. Our visits have not felt rushed, and they took the time for me and our needs.
She [nurse at Reproductive Care Center] presented my flow charts, medication information, and all other instructions in an organized and clear manner. Over the phone, she repeats directions and assures that I understand before ending our conversation. She’s patient with my questions...Dr. Heiner knows what he is talking about and also knows how to deliver his knowledge in a warm, honest, and unbiased manner.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner is a grandfatherly figure. He is patient, kind, eloquent, and confident in his knowledge. He asked us pointed, clear questions and clarified as many times as I needed. During my OAR, he explained a few terms, but used other terms and jargon that I was unfamiliar with. I asked him what they meant, but I know they were behind schedule, so I didn’t push it with too many questions. He did explain his findings in clear terms and also described what it meant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Prepare to receive information in a direct but kind manner. Dr. Heiner knows what he is talking about and also knows how to deliver his knowledge in a warm, honest, and unbiased manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner and Jayne have helped us immensely to know exactly (as far as we can tell) what is happening with us—and what is not happening with us. During our consultation and subsequent visits, I felt cared for and while talking to Dr. Heiner, I almost felt like his only patient. His focus was on me, my husband, and our goals. He explained clearly and was very patient with my questions. Our visits have not felt rushed, and they took the time for me and our needs. Never once have I felt that they were treating us “restaurant style” (trying to get as many customers in and out as fast as possible).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jayne Payne)
Jayne Payne is a ray of sunshine that I needed when I thought all hope was lost for us. She presented my flow charts, medication information, and all other instructions in an organized and clear manner. Over the phone, she repeats directions and assures that I understand before ending our conversation. She’s patient with my questions, when I forget the names of my medications, and when I don’t remember how many days my past cycles lasted.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
My first impression of RRC was negative: January 2020, my husband called to make an appointment for a semen analysis and when he was connected with the receptionist, she was unwilling to help, frustrated with him or something else, and frankly, rude. He didn’t catch her name, but was not happy that she wouldn’t help him schedule a time to come in. She insisted he needed a code from my OBGYN. We didn’t have one, but we were referred to RRC but given anything like that. My second impression was better: I called to schedule an appointment for my husband’s semen analysis and they were more helpful. I’m unsure of who I spoke with, but she wasn’t rude or short with me. Walking in: there’s a home-y feel when you walk in. I felt awkward, but I met a few couples in the lobby who were open and honest about their struggles. The receptionists were kind. Everyone was encouraging.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center.
We are blessed to have great insurance, so our out of pocket costs (so far) have been manageable. The semen analysis cost $187 and some cents. We paid around $200 for labs and OAR. Our most recent bill was $95 for additional tests.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Heiner] often forgets your treatment plan, their office will quote you one price and then an different price, hard to get a hold of...He is forgetful, I feel like it is two steps forward, one step back, had to pay for an extra surgery since he couldn't get the saline sonogram to work, He is a nice guy, but I don't feel like I am getting the best care or that they care about my husband and I.
[Reproductive Care Center nurse] is pretty good, but get her direct line phone number...We were led to believe we qualified for the guaranteed program, but when we went to pay we were hit with thousands of dollars of added fees no one told use about. Then we decided to pay for so many cycles. Again when we went to pay we were hit by additional fees. Then, when we finalized paperwork, the billing office had figured it out incorrectly and had to redo paperwork numerous times.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Try someone else in this clinic or try a different clinic.
He often forgets your treatment plan, their office will quote you one price and then an different price, hard to get a hold of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
Jane is pretty good, but get her direct line phone number.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The financial/billing person I am working with is disorganized. I often feel like I am the first patient they have ever treated and the are still figuring things out. You work with the donor coordinator, billing and nursing, but sometimes I wonder if they communicate at all with each other.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I have really had to stay on top of things and call often or if I don't hear from them and should have. Have to be proactive. I feel like I call a lot and they often say "didn't so and so tell you?"

2020, Unsuccessful
[he] was very kind and took the time to look over all of my history...the main thing i did not like was that dr heiner seemed to downplay what i was feeling and going through. i explained the 3 miscarriages i have had and he was like but technically only 2 losses because one was chemical, seemed a little insensitive to me...
i was very impressed with the [Reproductive Care Center] nursing staff and how well informed they were. they were always happy to answer any questions or concerns that i had...the clinic was neat and tidy and well kept weaknesses- the front desk staff was not very warm or welcoming like i had hoped. seemed to treat you like a bother...
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
be firm in what you want and expect. have lots of questions ready
dr heiner was very kind and took the time to look over all of my history
Describe the protocols James Heiner used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
letrozole days 3-7 at home OPK days 10-20, pregnancy test day 28
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
i was very impressed with the nursing staff and how well informed they were. they were always happy to answer any questions or concerns that i had
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
strengths- the nursing staff and MA's were very friendly and always happy to help, the clinic was neat and tidy and well kept weaknesses- the front desk staff was not very warm or welcoming like i had hoped. seemed to treat you like a bother
with dr heiner i only did letrozole so the only cost there was the cost of medicine. $10-20 per prescription. cost of the consultation was about $250
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
there was one time that i was waiting on my hcg results and was told i would get a call within a few hours and didnt get the call until 5 days later

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Heiner was very compassionate. Our first treatment with him resulted in a full term stillbirth. He was very understanding and empathetic when we wanted to try again for another baby. ... Treatment started with baseline labs, a HSG , ultrasound and sperm testing. We decided to go conservative at first. Using clomid 100mg days 3-7 and metformin 500mg TID (for PCOS) as well as OTC Ovaboost and prenatals. Ultrasound was conducted at cycle day 3 to ensure no cysts and view folicles as well as labs.
Nice waiting room, friendly front office staff [Reproductive Care Center]. All departments are very good at returning calls. Very accomidating hours and are available every day. Clean and up to date equipment. Very spacious treatment rooms. Reasonable prices and wonderful guarantee for more expensive procedures. ... She was wonderful with answering questions, returning phone calls and being understanding.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner gave a full description of possible treatment options, answered all of our questions and was very compassionate and thorough at each appointment. He knew the science and research behind what he was doing, but still took the time to relate and socialize with us.
Know all of your options and rely on Dr. Heiner's experience and knowledge to guide you to the right decisions.
Treatment started with baseline labs, a HSG , ultrasound and sperm testing. We decided to go conservative at first. Using clomid 100mg days 3-7 and metformin 500mg TID (for PCOS) as well as OTC Ovaboost and prenatals. Ultrasound was conducted at cycle day 3 to ensure no cysts and view folicles as well as labs. He recc OPK clearblue digital and intercourse every other day on cycle days 10-18. This resulted in a pregnancy the first time. Unfortunately we had a full term stillbirth that pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Nice waiting room, friendly front office staff. All departments are very good at returning calls. Very accomidating hours and are available every day. Clean and up to date equipment. Very spacious treatment rooms. Reasonable prices and wonderful guarantee for more expensive procedures.
Co-pay as I previously had insurance that covered my treatment.
Describe James Heiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
Sandy

He [Dr. James Heiner] seems as if he has lost his compassion for his patients. When I called in to get our very first consultation I simply asked for the soonest apt. Dr Heiner had the soonest and most availability compared to the other doctors. I did ask the receptionist why, and she simply said he is very blunt and tells it how it is...He is very smart but not good at explaining things in terms that the everyday patient can understand. Ask lots of questions and ask him to “dumb down” some of the stuff he is explaining to you until you fully understand things.
Jane [nurse at Reproductive Care Center] was really great and always was very compassionate and willing to take time to answer our questions on the phone...another nurse...was not great. From forgetting to request a certain blood draw so I had to drive back in to get it done & a few other issues. I’m chalking it up to maybe her being new?...I received a quote from them and the cost of a single fresh IVF cycle was just around $10,500. This DID NOT include the medication, anesthesia, or testing/apts before you start IVF. A frozen transfer (not including meds) was quoted to me at $3,500. Now if you need or want any extra add ons like ICIS or Genetic Testing or “Sticky Glue” you pay more. Sperm Analysis cost $175 and they do this through an outside lab and do not allow you to run it through insurance (ours doesn’t cover anything anyways)
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He seems as if he has lost his compassion for his patients. When I called in to get our very first consultation I simply asked for the soonest apt. Dr Heiner had the soonest and most availability compared to the other doctors. I did ask the receptionist why, and she simply said he is very blunt and tells it how it is. Which I think is great, but to a certain extent. There also needs to be some compassion thrown in there for these couples who are struggling emotionally on their infertility journey.
Dr Heiner is very knowledgeable and has been doing for 20+ years. But, because of this, I feel like he has lost how to make any sort of patient Dr connection. He also seemed to want to rush through the apt and missed a few things in my husband’s file. At another apt he answered a personal phone call while we were sitting in his office going over our next steps. They more we saw him the more he grew on me, but I still feel like he’s not super approachable.
We decided to consult with another doctor before we started IVF with Dr Heiner. As of now we are still just using clomid until we make out final doctor decision
Jane was really great and always was very compassionate and willing to take time to answer our questions on the phone. He has another nurse (I don’t know her name) that was not great. From forgetting to request a certain blood draw so I had to drive back in to get it done & a few other issues. I’m chalking it up to maybe her being new?
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are the cheapest in Utah and also price match. Front desk ladies are super kind and helpful. Heiner’s billing dept was also very helpful in explaining & breaking down the costs. I will say this clinic is ok, but not great. if I was still there I would have switched to a different doctor.
Sandy

We felt like he [Dr. James Heiner] did not want to work with us...we did not feel like he tried to connect with us or make us feel like he wanted to help...“it is what it is” attitude...made us feel like it would be a waste of time to try other possible options or tests and just to go straight to ivf...felt rushed and my questions felt ran through as if just going through the motions...pretty negative about the outcomes of our situation
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] seems very outdated. Unorganized with scheduling and insurance. And long wait times...they seemed distracted or really into conversations with other staff members...We felt like he [Dr. James Heiner] did not want to work with us...was pretty negative about the outcomes of our situation...No compassion and he seemed to want to rush.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was a nice doctor. However we did not feel like he tried to connect with us or make us feel like he wanted to help. It was more factual and “it is what it is” attitude. My questions were not quite address to where I felt like I understood and made us feel like it would be a waste of time to try other possible options or tests and just to go straight to ivf. It was very insensitive and we were just another number.
Would not recommend especially if you have already faced infertility factors. No compassion and he seemed to want to rush.
Consultation was very straight to the point without regard to our feelings. Consultation felt rushed and my questions felt ran through as if just going through the motions. We felt like he did not want to work with us to feel like we understood and look at possible options and was pretty negative about the outcomes of our situation
All we did was a genetic testing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
To be honest I didn’t really see nursing staff except behind the reception desk.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic seems very outdated. Unorganized with scheduling and insurance. And long wait times. I’m there didn’t seem to be very many people at the clinic working but when I saw people they seemed distracted or really into conversations with other staff members
Can’t remember
The doctor gave a strong NO to multiple embryo transfers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
My husband had genetic testing order through this clinic. He was referred to two different spots to complete this and scheduling was 2 weeks to a month out. When results were complete we were not made aware Of the result in a timely matter and I had to find them myself. When we did receive the results finally, they were not explained to us at all and basically had to google search any info I wanted. Also when we started going to a new clinic they did not send the results as well and we had to ask 3 times to remind them.

2019, Consult
He [Dr. James Heiner] has a ton of experience and has been very thorough with us. In our consultation it was clear that he had spent a great amount of time going over mine and my husband’s medical history...Make sure that you have all of your medical records sent over for him to review before your consultation...The doctor and his staff have been extremely caring and they do a great job with communication...
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Care Center] have been so compassionate! They are very knowledgeable. They walk you through each procedure and test step by step and will tell you what is next...They are very accommodating. They return phone calls in a very timely manner. One thing that would be nice is if after the consult they had you meet with the billing coordinator. It would be nice to be able to go over what is billed to insurance and what isn’t up front...
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He has a ton of experience and has been very thorough with us. In our consultation it was clear that he had spent a great amount of time going over mine and my husband’s medical history. We are just going through all of the testing right now and will meet with him in the next week or so to go over the results and come up with a treatment plan.
We are just starting this process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing staff have been so compassionate! They are very knowledgeable. They walk you through each procedure and test step by step and will tell you what is next.
Clearfield

Although most treatments under Dr. Heiner's care was with our nursing team, a big thing was we never had cancelled cycles under his care...[He] stepped in mid treatment for us, we had already our Femara plan in place. After an anovulatory month, he increased Femara. Then he also oversaw the next cycle that we added injections and gave us dosage/instructions for that.
The [Reproductive Care Center] nursing team is amazing. We have run into a few snags with billing not checking our insurance and have had trouble getting 2 IUI's covered, resulting in paying out of pocket. The front desk staff is amazing and always so willing to help get us in/answer questions they can... An IUI resulted out of pocket about $510
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Although most treatments under Dr. Heiner's care was with our nursing team, a big thing was we never had cancelled cycles under his care. Since there has been a new Dr. stepping in now at our clinic, we have had 2 or 3 cancelled cycles and spent a month on birth control...
Communicates well with nursing team to continue to provide your care and continue cycles. This was huge to us as obviously this is the reason we were there!
After our first doctor left the clinic, we started to notice prescriptions called in under Dr. Heiner's name. This was really our introduction to having a new doctor, obviously we weren't thrilled as we loved the doctor we originally had a consult and started treatments with
As Dr Heiner stepped in mid treatment for us, we had already our Femara plan in place. After an anovulatory month, he increased Femara. Then he also oversaw the next cycle that we added injections and gave us dosage/instructions for that. Which ended up in a successful cycle, later resulting in a MC
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
We love the nursing staff at RCC. Very understanding and supportive. They root us on after every appointment, whether it be due to an upcoming IUI or timed intercourse, they give the upmost hope to everything we are faced with even after a cancelled cycle or our MC
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing team is amazing. We have run into a few snags with billing not checking our insurance and have had trouble getting 2 IUI's covered, resulting in paying out of pocket. The front desk staff is amazing and always so willing to help get us in/answer questions they can.
I am not sure exam or scan wise. An IUI resulted out of pocket about $510 if I remember correctly
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
During our December cycle, it took a LOT to get our prescriptions called into insurance to be able to get them covered/shipped before the new year. After about 3-4 days I was able to get my order placed correctly with our insurance and covered before deductibles started over again
2019, Consult
He [Dr. James Heiner] relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely...needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach...I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step...
I preferred the clinic [for Reproductive Care Center] in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
All about the statistics, needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach. I had heard that the clinic was shading and helped women in these circumstances feel at ease. I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is.
Don't expect a touchy feely doc
He relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I preferred the clinic in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff.
Clearfield

He is very knowledgeable and is kind and courteous. So far we have not gotten pregnant but hopefully will in the next few months based on our plan with Dr. Heiner. So far the treatments we have done are working like they should and are excited to get to the next phase of treatment.... We have done standard fertility testing to get to our diagnosis of unexplained fertility. He said it was possible I had endometriosis and surgery could be an option to help with fertility. I did the surgery for pain reasons mostly but Dr. Heiner said it may increase our chances and we will see if it does in a few months.
They [RCC] have always been kind and tried to find the answers to many of our questions before making appointments....There was a little hiccup with our insurance and not getting the correct facility set up for my endometriosis surgery. They were awesome and tried to fix it in a way that would work. It would have been nice to have that all done before scheduling work off, but they tried to make it work so it was an overall ok experience.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Schedule an appointment. He is great and should be considered when looking into fertility options.
He was very understanding and explained things in ways we could understand. He answered all of our questions and has been happy to help us and get us where we need to be.
We have done standard fertility testing to get to our diagnosis of unexplained fertility. He said it was possible I had endometriosis and surgery could be an option to help with fertility. I did the surgery for pain reasons mostly but Dr. Heiner said it may increase our chances and we will see if it does in a few months. If not we will move onto IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
They have always been kind and tried to find the answers to many of our questions before making appointments.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Insurance has mostly covered it but we did pay out of pockets for some testing which they had a discount for self pay patients.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
There was just scheduling errors made with my endometriosis surgery and wrong codes put in. It all got fixed and turned out ok.

2015 - 2018, Successful
I really liked Dr. Heiner. He isn’t necessarily over the top warm and fuzzy. Be he is kind enough. He always kept me in the loop and was happy to answer or elaborate on any questions I had. If I needed to talk to him on the phone he would always quickly call me back... He doesn’t recommend implanting 2 embryos because of the risk factor with twins. I would listen to that advice. My twins were born prematurely and passed away. I wish I would’ve listened to his recommendation.
They [the staff at RCC-Sandy] are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.... $500-$1000 for IUI, depending on how intensive the IUI was. $1000-$2000 for IVF meds. About $7,000 for IVF treatment
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He always remembered right where we left off from the last appointment. You could tell he wanted us to get pregnant. He was friendly and compassionate. Our IVF twins were born prematurely and passed away, and when we called Dr. Heiner he was very sympathetic.
The last treatment I received was IVF fresh transfer. I did vaginal ultrasounds before hand which Dr. Heiner preformed to make sure everything looked good. As well as every time I went into check my egg progression. After my eggs were properly developed, we did the egg retreval. Again Dr Heiner was there and talked us through everything before we did it. Same goes for our implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
She was AMAZING. They all were. So on top of everything. Always answered my questions. So kind and sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They are wonderful. Everyone there is kind. Everyone is organized. There isn’t one bad thing I can think of. Everyone does a great job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. They do a great job of guiding you along your infertility journey.
He highly recommended we do 1 embryo due to the risks that multiples can cause. Your chance of getting pregnant does not go up If you implant two. You just have a higher chance of twins. He was direct and stated all the facts about why you should only implant one.
Sandy

The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him [Dr. James Heiner] was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
The clinic [RRC-Sandy] is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with... I have done two cycles and they have been the same treatment. Baseline ultrasound CD 2. Femara CD 3-7. Gonal f 113ml CD 7,9 and 11. Ultrasound CD 12. If folicals are mature trigger shot CD 12. IUI CD 14. The first cycle I had 3 mature folicals, sperm sample looked great, no pregnancy. The cycle I had 2 mature folicals, sperm sample looks great but still waiting to take a pregnancy test
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have only seen him twice. The first time was our initial meeting and I had to be very assertive about the treatment I wanted. The second tim I saw him was for a baseline scan of my folicals and ovaries. He said that I may have multicystic ovaries but did not go into detail or seem concerned. We have not followed up on the topic since the drugs I am taking are helping to mature a couple of folicals each cycle
Know what you want and don't be afraid to speak your mind. They might suggest a treatment plan that is less aggressive than you would like so don't hold back if you feel like you want more
Dr heiner is nice and has a lot of experience but he did not familiarize himself with our history prior to meeting with us. He also made us feel like any treatment or tests we had done prior to coming to the clinic could have been incorrect and wanted to start us on a natural IUI cycle. I had already been on clomid for 4 months and had done 1 IUI with my obgyn so I did not feel like starting over was the best option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel is great. She answered all my questions, showed me how to do my injections at home and had real interest and compassion for my treatment. She was sweet and a great communicator
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is organized and we'll ran. The front desk staff is friendly and is great at answering questions and helping with appointments. The clinic nurses are amazing and sweet no matter who I have worked with
On their site they list the prices for their treatment. They said the cost of a single round of IUI with scans would be 1800 not including your medication. The gonal F and trigger shot costs 300 for each round

2014 - 2018, Successful
Great clinic [RCC- Sandy]. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
I have done multiple fertility treatments. They are hard. I drove from Idaho to Sandy to see Dr. Heiner (4 hours one way) and I’ll keep doing it. He is exceptional and was easy to work with. He was blunt which was good for us so we didn’t spend our money on something that ‘might’ work. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in fertility treatments. He strives for success and do whatever he can to grow his clients families. He truly has a love for his work.
Have an open mind and don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. He’s so smart, so some things may go over your head. He will recommend a great plan for you or he will listen to what you have in mind. You won’t find a better staff. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. You’ve got this!!
Dr. Heiner always cared for my desires. I drove 4 hours to see him every time and he always cared about my travels, and asked how my first child I had with IVF. He remembered my medical history and always asked what I’d like to do as far as treatment. He answered every little question we had. We gave him the opportunity to tell us what he would recommend and he always answered in our benefit and not for money. He was honest and blunt, which is what we needed to know for our financial, mental, and physical experience. He was smart and had good faith. Not only that but his nurse was exceptional. We loved her and she was so kind and thoughtful.
He always asked if needles bugged me because there are usually other ways of taking medication. He is concerned for you and so is his nurse. I had many treatments. Everyone is so different with their cycles and how they ovulate, etc. so the treatment strategies may be completely different from what he uses on me than what he uses on another patient. But he used what was best for me. I had been through multiple clomid cycles and iuis before coming to him. So listening to what I had done in the passed helped him to know what he should do differently. I did not get pregnant with my 3 iuis I did with him so he recommended IVF (I had done 6 previous iuis with my OBGYN). When I did not get pregnant with my first IVF cycle then he changed it up which resulted in my first child. So we did the same with my third cycle hoping for baby number two, which I did get pregnant but had a miscarriage. We were still very excited that I got pregnant, and the miscarriage had nothing to do with his procedure or medication requirements. The embryo itself was not strong enough to mature. We did have baby number two with transfer four. We will do the same treatment and medications for our next child as well.
I was assigned Dr. Heiner’s nurse every cycle. Which was very nice because we became friends with so many visits and phone calls and she remembered every bit of my medical history. She was smart and on the ball. She never forgot to call in a prescription or make an appointment for me. She was quick to cal back or respond to my emails. She was very sweet and companionate whenever I did not get pregnant or had a miscarriage and was always very excited and sweet when I did get pregnant. I honestly think Rachel made my experience at RCC so amazing. You work with the Dr quite a bit but you mostly work with the nurses and I seriously could not have gotten a better nurse. She was an absolute dream. Definitely makes the experience of infertility better because of the sweet person that she is.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Great clinic. So clean and up to date. Amazing staff. The finical advisor was so great to help us with the perfect plan for us financially. They work very well with your schedule and if you need to go in on a Saturday or Sunday because of how your cycle goes around IVF then they are very happy to do so. The receptionist and phlebotomists are kind. They have THE best embryologist team. So fun to work with nd Keats make you feel welcome and comfortable. Multiple screens when getting a ultrasound, iui, or IVF done so you can see every part of the procedure. All around great atmosphere with amazing staff.
The clinic had multiple plans that you can choose from. The Dr worked with you to decide which one he would recommend depending on your history. But he always let you decide in the end. The fincancial advisor was smart and helpful. The let you do in-house financing or you could do your own financing. The Sr also provided a list of employers that helped paid for fertility treatments if we needed to search for help in that way. They were very smart and helpful.
With not having any children yet and not knowing how my body would do with pregnancy he recommended I do a single embryo transfer. I am so glad he did because my body does not do well with pregnancy. I am on bed rest for more than half my pregnancies due to placenta abruption. Nothing to do with IVF or how I conceived. Just how my body deals with pregnancy. Because of this I don’t think I could carry twins. So his recommendation was perfect and in my best interest.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Heiner] is very knowledgeable and has been in the industry a long time. He explained things but always in a rushed manner. I often felt like my appointments were a rush through the assembly line. After my ectopic pregnancy I came back for a consult to start again. Dr. Heiner was tactless in his appraisal of me. I sat outside his open office door while his nurse reminded him who I was. He proceeded to talk about my BMI and said how very fat I was.
Overall, the clinic [Reproductive Care Center] and clinic staff were pleasant to work with. Saturday appointments can be confusing. They don't always have someone at the front desk and instead you have to sign in on a kiosk. The kiosk hardly ever worked properly so you could be sitting for 15 - 20 minutes before they would realize you're there.... The nurses were wonderful in comparison to the poor experience with the Doctor. They always got back to me the same day if I had questions.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He is very knowledgeable and has been in the industry a long time. He explained things but always in a rushed manner. I often felt like my appointments were a rush through the assembly line. After my ectopic pregnancy I came back for a consult to start again. Dr. Heiner was tactless in his appraisal of me. I sat outside his open office door while his nurse reminded him who I was. He proceeded to talk about my BMI and said how very fat I was.
He's knowledgeable and gets results. But at the expense of humanity and compassion.
Appointments always felt very rushed. He made very little eye contact with my spouse and myself. When we had our first pregnancy that resulted in an ectopic miscarriage he was emotionless, a quick, "sorry, that happens" and that was it.
I don't ovulate or have regular cycles. Dr. Heiner had me take progesterone to begin cycles and from there a combination of Femara and steroids to get me to ovulate and grow some large eggs. That dose was raised once or twice learned quickly that my body was not responding to the Femara or Clomid medication. From there we went to injectible medications: FSH trigger shots and gondotrophins. We had success with this combination, I finally ovulated and grew some large eggs for the IUI procedures. He also discovered the thyroid medication i was taking was not quite what it should be and boosted that medication to a higher dose, making me feel a lot better as far as energy, etc.
The nurses were wonderful in comparison to the poor experience with the Doctor. They always got back to me the same day if I had questions. They were sympathetic and compassionate. They often went over things with me after I met with the doctor because he went over things so quickly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Overall, the clinic and clinic staff were pleasant to work with. Saturday appointments can be confusing. They don't always have someone at the front desk and instead you have to sign in on a kiosk. The kiosk hardly ever worked properly so you could be sitting for 15 - 20 minutes before they would realize you're there.
We had pretty good insurance at the time. One IUI cycle with injectible medications was around $900. The ultrasounds with our insurance were $300 each time. That got expensive, quickly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I transferred to a new gynecologist and a new reproductive endocrinologist clinic this year. RCC failed to fax my records to the new clinics I requested months before my initial appointments with these two clinics.
Sandy
I’ve enjoyed working with Dr Heiner, he’s very personable. My only complaint is I wish he would explain things more thoroughly. He will explain the plan but not really the reasons behind it or what things he’s looking for... We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF.
RCC is wonderful to patients, everyone I’ve worked with has been very kind and understanding. They are very flexible with appointments which has been really helpful trying to balance all this with work... The IUIs cost around 400$ each including meds and monitoring. For IVF we did a multicycle package that’s 18k, then 2k additional for ICSI. Meds for the egg retrieval were about 3k and for the frozen transfer about 300$
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He doesn’t always offer other options but when asked about them he’s more than willing to consider them
He asked questions to get to know me and my husband personally; not just our fertility history
We started with IUIs with femara because I failed To ovulate with clomid. I was able to successfully ovulate on femara. After false + OPK tests we moved to injections for the IUI to be better controlled. After 2 failed attempts at that I was starting a 3rd try that ended up cancelled because of a cyst. After that we decided to move to IVF. Because of my pcos we did a very conservative approach with medications for my egg retrieval. It was kind of disappointing because I only ended up with 8 eggs. My ovaries did not respond as predicted. But he has said we will start with a higher dose if I end up needing it again. I did one fresh transfer that did not work and recently and frozen transfer I’m still waiting on results from
The nursing staff overall have been wonderful. They are all very sweet and caring and really make sure I feel comfortable. Rachel has been great as well. After a bad experience at another clinic I told Rachel I really need someone who communicates well and she definitely does. She always returns my calls/emails quickly to answer any questions and get my results to me fast. My only complaint is that she hasn’t been there for any of my IUIs or transfers which I find kind of odd. She’s there every step before and after but not at the “main event”
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I’ve always only wanted to transfer one so it wasn’t much of a discussion, he just agreed
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
After my egg retrieval I was told they would call with an embryo update by 5pm. After no call I called them around 530, they said they were still looking at things and would call me back. Around 6pm I finally got my embryo update. When you’re waiting on something like that each minute feels like forever. They were very apologetic though
Sandy
He [Dr. Heiner] was personable and explained test results in a way even my husband could understand. We never felt rushed and were given all the information we needed about what to expect with treatment. I am still undergoing treatment but so far so good.... Surgery was suggested and much needed due to my advanced endometriosis. Surgery went well and I had no complaints. Realistic options and outcomes were explained to us and we were given the choice of how we wanted to proceed with treatment.
The clinic is very friendly and welcoming. I’ve had no complaints other than the organization of the online billing. I pay in office now and have no issues but I don’t like that you can’t see individual payments online. It groups them together at times and can be confusing.... The costs were comparable to other clinics I had researched. RCC does guarantee to beat other clinics pricing.... There was only one time that I wasn’t called with a test result.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was personable and explained test results in a way even my husband could understand. We never felt rushed and were given all the information we needed about what to expect with treatment. I am still undergoing treatment but so far so good.
Ask questions, he’s willing to answer them.
He was very personable and kind.
Surgery was suggested and much needed due to my advanced endometriosis. Surgery went well and I had no complaints. Realistic options and outcomes were explained to us and we were given the choice of how we wanted to proceed with treatment. Once we made up our mind about IVF we were given all the information needed to prepare. We’re hoping for success!
Organized and very informational. She is very sweet and willing to take the time to answer all questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
There was only one time that I wasn’t called with a test result. It was the genetic testing. I saw the results online so I called the office and they happily explained results and apologized for not calling.
Sandy

We completed the IUI during peak ovulation and come back for additional testing [with Dr. Heiner]. Received a negative test. Although not our ideal outcome, we were never lead to believe this was a perfect option for ,us as we chose to complete the IUI and were given low chances of success...met with us and explained in detail our situation, he met with us quickly after we inquired with his office and always followed up when we had questions/concerns.
This clinic [Reproductive Care Center] is very efficient at taking care of their patients whether it be a Saturday afternoon or during regular business hours. They are quick to call back if you don't get connected immediately. They are empathetic and professional...Although we have not yet been able to achieve our goals to expand our family, they have been very helpful, understanding, and adaptive to our needs. They have never pressured us into treatments we were not ready for and understood our wishes to try other procedures before jumping to ICSI or IVF. We love the office and their staff.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
We had a great experience with RCC. Although we have not yet been able to achieve our goals to expand our family, they have been very helpful, understanding, and adaptive to our needs. They have never pressured us into treatments we were not ready for and understood our wishes to try other procedures before jumping to ICSI or IVF. We love the office and their staff.
Be prepared to ask questions, there will be a lot of information that they deal with daily that as a patient you may not fully understand. They are always happy to answer questions, so do not be afraid to ask those questions.
James Heiner met with us and explained in detail our situation, he met with us quickly after we inquired with his office and always followed up when we had questions/concerns.
We completed an unmedicated IUI process. This was a fairly smooth process starting with blood-work and testing (Ultrasound, SA, HSG, etc...). We completed the IUI during peak ovulation and come back for additional testing. Received a negative test. Although not our ideal outcome, we were never lead to believe this was a perfect option for ,us as we chose to complete the IUI and were given low chances of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
The nursing staff was amazing, they answered all questions when asked.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
This clinic is very efficient at taking care of their patients whether it be a Saturday afternoon or during regular business hours. They are quick to call back if you don't get connected immediately. They are empathetic and professional.
Our cost was covered by insurance, but seemed reasonable comparative to others we researched.
Sandy

While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him [Dr. James Heiner], I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage [at Reproductive Care Center]. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was recommended to me by my OBGYN. While I was able to “schedule” certain things with him, I was never given a plan on what to do. It was a lot of “maybe” and also gave contradictory information to every other doctor I had seen and have seen since. He also forgot my name several times, and wasn’t able to diagnose a cyst on my ovary- when his nurse could. On the positive end, he was fairly kind and explained the basic things simply. I never felt uncomfortable in his presence.
You must be forward. Keep track of things yourself! And don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions!
He forgot my name several times at appointments, so I just felt like a quick look over the notes before seeing me type patient. I was rushed through a lot of things and just handed statistics & not given options. However, he did at least look at me which was great compared to my first doctor.
Blood tests to track ovulation, HSG- came back normal Suggestion of IVF after normal HSG and ovulation. Suspected ebdormetriosis but said IUI or laparoscopy wouldn’t help- my doctor now is taking me through those first.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
I only had interaction with one during an ultrasound. She was so much more helpful than my actual doctor. She was kind and didn’t make me feel silly. The lab lady was also very kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Strengths: nice- they didn’t get angry or frustrated. Able to schedule appointments Weaknesses: I was mis-scheduled once- they thought I was going in for a different procedure than I was- glad I caught it ;) have failed to forward info to new doc without asking multiple times. Still have not
We spent over $2000 for lab work once, two ultrasounds, and two consults - with high insurance coverage. Our HSG I had done was $500 but was outsourced to another clinic because they didn’t do it at their office. Our bill wasn’t given to us until after all of our appointments (after requesting it) so that was a huge lump sum at once for us. Luckily, we were able to do a 3 month payment plan.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
I listed most in previous- the wrong thing scheduled which they apologized for, name forgotten, paperwork not forwarded or found-

2013 - 2017, Successful
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic... He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it...he always follows up to check on how we are doing...He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
[The nurse at Reproductive Care Center is an] amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions...The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome...$15,500 for 2 retrievals and as many FET's as I produced. Meds were outside of that, I spent about $8,000 4,000 per cycle
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
James Heiner is the best. He understands me, he is there for me, and he accommodates how far away I live from his clinic. He will take two hours to talk to me if I need it. I met him years ago and I will never switch drs. He shakes my husbands hand every time we see him, and he always follows up to check on how we are doing.
You have to ask questions. He will answer them, but he may not brush up on every detail unless you ask.
My Dr is the most kind caring individual I have ever met. He appreciates me as his patient and I can tell he is frustrated that we have not been able to conceive again. He is honest, open, and at the end of the day he cares. I do not blame him for the failed attempts, I am grateful he is the one by my side through all of this.
IUI's we used bravelle, femera, and ultrasounds. IVF we used bravelle, femara, estrace, birth control, blood work, ultra sounds, more injections that I can't fully remember. Both have been successful, unfortunately I have lost three IVF pregnancies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Reinhart )
Amazing communicator. She is always there for me, even on the weekends. She is my go to for any and all questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The only weakness the clinic has is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time, I never waited more than 30 minutes however. They have so many strengths, good customer service, billing is awesome, they always answer and if they don't they call you right back, they get you on the schedule very fast, and their office is clean and warming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center.
I could go in for monitoring whenever I needed! They were always very quick!
He suggests single transfers for me because twins are dangerous, especially with someone like me that has factor v, the more hormones produced the more likely a blood clot

2013 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his [Dr. James Heiner] answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
The clinic [RRC in Sandy] is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me...I love his nursing staff. They give you the emotional hug that is lacking with Dr. Heiner and listen quite a bit more...They had messed up on a couple of my blood draws and what they were testing for. Also a few mess ups with my bills.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Rather than dealing with MFI and trying to better the situation I felt like his answer for everything is to jump straight to IVF/ICSI. I also have yet to get any guidance concerning my PCOS and what I can do for that. My biggest issue is the lack of compassion and sympathy. This has been a very tough 4.5 years TTC, and having an RE that is so clinical vs sympathetic makes the constant bad news much more devastating.
If he doesn't feel right for you, move on! Not every RE is created equal. Infertility is an emotional roller coaster and having an RE that fits your needs and knows how to approach your specific issues is invaluable.
Dr. Heiner was very blunt and quick to say we had absolutely no option but IVF/ICSI. From the start, I've felt like he's in it more for the money than to help fix anything. I appreciate honesty but considering how emotionally taxing this process is I would like an RE that is sympathetic and not quite so clinical.
His recommended strategy was to go straight to IVF/ICSI. My husband and I felt that was drastic and wanted more answers. We ended up seeing Dr. Hotaling for my husbands MFI and he has been great! We decided to try an IUI after my husbands treatments have made his numbers better. For that, Dr. Heiner gave me femara and an Ovidrel shot. The IUI was a bust and he continues to tell us IVF/ICSI is our only option when we hear differently from the Urologist office.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic is fine, everything runs smoothly I've never had any issues with any of my appointments. The staff is great, the only issue I've had is not choosing the right RE for me.
My insurance does not cover anything so it's all out of pocket. They have given some discounts on procedures and shots which is nice.
I haven't been educated on this yet.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr Heiner took a long time with my husband and I during our appointments. He explained everything in detail, including drawing diagrams and writing down statistics. I was impressed by the amount of detail he remembered when I read the appointment notes later.... We discussed using clomid versus femara and adding Gonal F. We increased the clomid to 100mg per day and then followed up with bloodwork to see how I responded. He explained that the Gonal F will reduce some of the negative effects of the clomid, with regard to mucus.
I have recently learned that this clinic [Reproductive Care Center-Pleasant Grove] does not participate in the attain loan program. That is a downside for me. The costs of some procedures are a little higher than other clinics. Also, I have been told that their embryo adoption waiting list time and selection is different from other clinics in the area.... Rachel and anyone I have spoken to has taken the time to answer all my questions, to confirm answers and get back to me, etc. I never feel like they are rushed or annoyed with my calls.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Write down your questions in advance and as they come up during the appointment.
Dr. Heiner spent an extensive amount of time with myself and my husband. He continued to answer question after question without appearing rushed or bothered. Later, I received the notes from our appointment and they were incredibly detailed!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I have recently learned that this clinic does not participate in the attain loan program. That is a downside for me. The costs of some procedures are a little higher than other clinics. Also, I have been told that their embryo adoption waiting list time and selection is different from other clinics in the area.
I purchased a diagnostic package for $700. IUI's were just over $400 and IVF depends upon many factor. We have not yet moved forward with IVF.
Pleasant Grove

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Heiner] has been in the industry for a very long time and is very knowledgable, however because he's been doing this so long he can sometimes come across as having a "been there, seen that" personality. You feel like another person he's putting through the same process. He does do a good job at explaining things in non-medical terms so you understand what is going on.... I felt like he just was hustling me to the next step instead of asking what I wanted to do.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] was great. It was nice to get blood work done at any of their locations since my doctor was 40 minutes from home and their second location where I got blood work done was 5 minutes away from home.... Rachel was always checking in to see if I needed anything. She was compassionate about my situation and feelings.... I know each doctors has steps they would like to take during the process, but I felt like he just was hustling me to the next step instead of asking what I wanted to do.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He has been in the industry for a very long time and is very knowledgable, however because he's been doing this so long he can sometimes come across as having a "been there, seen that" personality. You feel like another person he's putting through the same process. He does do a good job at explaining things in non-medical terms so you understand what is going on.
He is great, just let him know what pace you want to go at. Make sure you speak your opinions, thoughts and questions.
I don't remember. It all just felt like the same process as everyone else.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
The clinic was great. It was nice to get blood work done at any of their locations since my doctor was 40 minutes from home and their second location where I got blood work done was 5 minutes away from home.
I cannot remember.
Sandy

He [Dr. Heiner] was very detailed in his explanations and he’s very intelligent, but I felt like he didn’t care one way or the other how things worked out. ... He definitely knows what he’s doing but go in with an open mind. I feel he could show more compassion. ... Always on time. He was pretty blunt and I think he could work on how he delivers news. I did see him at every visit which was a plus. Overall he was fine but I feel there’s better out there for me.
It took them [Reproductive Care Center] a while to return phone calls. Although if you wanted to make an appointment, I have never had to wait more than a week. Nurses are very friendly and you’re automatically greeted when you step into the clinic. ... Procedures were fairly priced. My HSG was only a few hundred dollars ... The nursing staff was so wonderful and compassionate. I have no complaints regarding them. ...
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
He was very intelligent. Always on time. He was pretty blunt and I think he could work on how he delivers news. I did see him at every visit which was a plus. Overall he was fine but I feel there’s better out there for me.
He was very detailed in his explanations and he’s very intelligent, but I felt like he didn’t care one way or the other how things worked out.
I have anovulation. I did six or seven medicated cycles with my obgyn before seeing Dr Heiner. He suggested clomid, as well as a shot to help before ovulation, and then a trigger shot. No IUI or other procedure was done this cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
It took them a while to return phone calls. Although if you wanted to make an appointment, I have never had to wait more than a week. Nurses are very friendly and you’re automatically greeted when you step into the clinic.
Shots were overnighted and through an outside company. Procedures were fairly priced. My HSG was only a few hundred dollars. Aside from that I don’t remember much about the pricing.
Sandy

After talking with Dr. Heiner I had a hard time feeling confident that he really knew and understood our infertility issues. I would always have to repeat myself and our diagnosis to him. We had lots of phone appointments because we were out of state. He would mumble over the phone, and would speak as though we knew all the terminology. I finally asked him to PLEASE have his assistant send an email with all the details regarding our course of treatment because I could not follow what he was saying.
This is difficult to answer as I was living in Idaho while receiving treatment. I'm hoping my experience is not typical for others. Dr. Blauers team was great while Dr. Heiners was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the clinic as a whole...I was scheduled to go through IVF in February of 2016 in their new Idaho Falls IVF Center. They called less than a week before and said that the building would not be open in time. This happened 3 times. The building ended up opening in June. They shouldn't have told me that they would open until they knew for sure - or until the building was already open.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Don't expect answers - he will only give you the bare minimum regarding your treatment unless you ask for more details.
I would never hear from the Dr or staff regarding any of my concerns, questions, or test results unless I called them. I would have to call several times and it sometimes took weeks for them to call or email me back.
IVF low-dose stimulation. Started Femara 5 mg for 5 days. Gonal-F 450 units and Low dose HCG 50 units day 3 and day 5. Monitored after that and continued with Gonal-F for a few more days. Can't remember exactly. Only produced 3 eggs. 1 egg was viable for IVF. That 1 egg was fertilized using ICSI. Fortunately that 1 egg was good quality and became a good quality embryo. Day 3 embryo transfer - resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Baby girl was born February 27, 2017. Dr Heiner was the primary Dr however Dr Blauer (also from RCC) was the Dr who performed all ultrasounds, egg retrieval, and egg transfer.
My care coordinator was not a good communicator and did not make an effort to reach out to me with information unless I contacted her. I felt like I was always forgotten. I much preferred Dr. Blauer's care coordinator Jeanette - who ended up helping me during our IVF treatment and giving me her personal cell number so that I could ask her any questions any time!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
$17,000+ for a multi cycle contract. 3 cycles.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Heiner was great from the very beginning. ... We expressed what we wanted to do with our next treatments and he made sure that we were doing what was best for us and that we didn’t jump into something big before we tried everything else first. I was ready to jump right into IVF but we hadn’t done a round of IUI with injections yet and he wanted us to try that first which I was glad about. The IUI’s were not successful (we did 2 with him) and after we found out the second wasn’t successful he had us meet with him in his office where he reviewed the previous levels for both me and my husband.
I felt comfortable from the first moment I scheduled our first appointment [at RCC-Sandy]. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile. The nurses were always friendly and we’re great to make sure we didn’t waste our time while there... I had not tried injections during any previous IUI’s and that was the first thing he wanted us to try. Unfortunately it didn’t work again, but I was glad that he took a different approach than my previous doctors.
How was your experience with James Heiner at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr. Heiner was great from the very beginning. During our first visit he took the time to listen to everything we had tried with previous doctors and asked thoughtful questions which made me feel more comfortable. We expressed what we wanted to do with our next treatments and he made sure that we were doing what was best for us and that we didn’t jump into something big before we tried everything else first. I was ready to jump right into IVF but we hadn’t done a round of IUI with injections yet and he wanted us to try that first which I was glad about. The IUI’s were not successful (we did 2 with him) and after we found out the second wasn’t successful he had us meet with him in his office where he reviewed the previous levels for both me and my husband. He noticed that Jordan’s sperm had changed and he recalculated our fertility score and found it was low. He then suggested moving to IVF only if we were comfortable and ready for it. We voiced our concerns and he took the time to answer all of our questions. We didn’t feel rushed one bit. In the end we decided not to move forward at that time. We loved working with Dr. Heiner!
Everyone made sure that we felt comfortable every time we went into the office!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
They were all very friendly
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
I felt comfortable from the first moment I scheduled our first appointment. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile. The nurses were always friendly and we’re great to make sure we didn’t waste our time while there.
We paid for our initial visit, the two iui’s And follow up appointments for both. Standard fees