James Hotaling

SLC
675 Arapeen Way
SLC, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend James Hotaling to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Utah to a friend?
He [Dr. Hotaling] was not very personal, and we saw his NP more often than him. I wasn't too impressed with his bedside manner, but still would refer him to others because his care was good and got us the desired outcome.... Due to my low sperm count and motility, he put my on Clomid. I've been taking 50mg every other day for a few months. His NP explained to me before-hand that it would take about 3 months for my sperm count to reflect the improvements, and that was correct.
How was your experience with James Hotaling at University of Utah?
He was not very personal, and we saw his NP more often than him. I wasn't too impressed with his bedside manner, but still would refer him to others because his care was good and got us the desired outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Hotaling at University of Utah?
Just know that he's not going to be the most compassionate, but is known for being the best male-factor infertility doctors around.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Hotaling at University of Utah?
He was in and out of the appointment quickly. Felt more like the answers to our questions should have been obvious, and he just wanted to move onto treatment and not discuss things as much.
Describe the protocols James Hotaling used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
Due to my low sperm count and motility, he put my on Clomid. I've been taking 50mg every other day for a few months. His NP explained to me before-hand that it would take about 3 months for my sperm count to reflect the improvements, and that was correct. I've continued taking it once my counts improved, as we continue treatments for my wife.
We have had a few mixups with medications, and labs being ordered. But the staff was kind and seemed knowledgable, just not all the way put together.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The entire clinic felt more like a machine, and less patient-based than other clinics I've been to. No one seemed to remember me or recall my care plan, despite a few calls and appointments. The clinic was however clean, inviting, and felt reputable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Hotaling at University of Utah.
I don't really remember costs. They seemed to be as we anticipated for specialist visits. The medications prescribed have been reasonably priced.
What specific things went wrong at University of Utah?
James Hotaling