7.1

Tampa
13330 USF Laurel Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612

2013 - 2018, Unknown Success
He’s [Dr. James Mayer] very detailed in explaining, makes you feel comfortable and makes sure you understand and are following along. He has made me feelcomfortable during procedures and I was never scared going into treatments or surgery with him.... I got 10 eggs, 7 mature and 7 fertilized through icsi. I transferred 2 and then 1 almost made it to freeze but did not. I had a chemical pregnancy from that transfer.
I was not called [by a staff member at USF IVF] with a pregnant test result. although I new it because I could look it up online I was failed to be notified that I need to have another blood drawl to get my HCG to zero after my miscarriage. this made it difficult to start my next procedure because I need to have that blood drawl before it happened and it was months later at this point. I also feel sometimes I was out on a ledge as to what should happen next. I would run tests and then not really know what the next step would be.
How was your experience with James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He’s very detailed in explaining, makes you feel comfortable and makes sure you understand and are following along. He has made me feelcomfortable during procedures and I was never scared going into treatments or surgery with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He explains things very well. And makes me feel very comfortable
Describe the protocols James Mayer used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
If I believe correctly we did a normal protocol. I remember the nurse saying this is the usual go to for the treatment for the average cycle. I believe I had a good outcome. I had possible diminished ovarian reserve. I remember taking menapur 2 powders, lupron, and Gonal F 300 units. Im not sure why the dr prescribe it the way he did. I just trusted him and did what they told me. I got 10 eggs, 7 mature and 7 fertilized through icsi. I transferred 2 and then 1 almost made it to freeze but did not. I had a chemical pregnancy from that transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
they actually were very nice. I like my main nurse a lot. they returned calls quickly. made me feel valued.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
like any dr office I feel like some workers are better than others, once you get the person you like the best just continue to ask for that person. Robin is my go to person. I feel like she knows me and cares more. I just ask for her when making my apps. The only downfall to this clinic is its a teaching clinic which I am fine with but because of that the drs are in the office only certain days/weeks so getting an appointment can take months or very long weeks.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I make my on work schedule so it was fine for me. I knew they always did them in the morning so it was ok.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
ifv was 10,700 with icsi. meds were separate. Iuis were 650 for basic with monitoring, they price raised half way through our 6 we did to $700. pre opt testing was covered under insurance.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I was not called with a pregnant test result. although I new it because I could look it up online I was failed to be notified that I need to have another blood drawl to get my HCG to zero after my miscarriage. this made it difficult to start my next procedure because I need to have that blood drawl before it happened and it was months later at this point. I also feel sometimes I was out on a ledge as to what should happen next. I would run tests and then not really know what the next step would be.
James Mayer
Tampa

2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. James Mayer] unfortunately had to be the one to confirm that I will never get pregnant with out IVF. Although his words shattered my heart, I felt comforted and reassured by the way he delivered that message...He did diagnostic testing and then a surgery. After the surgery it was found IVF is our best (only) option...I felt like a human because he ALWAYS took his time and gave me his undivided attention. He left no question unanswered always providing complete explanation and honestly but delivered with kindness and consideration.
The nursing staff [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrimology] was very hard to get a hold of. I felt like I was always leaving messages and having to wait longer than reasonably expected. They seemed a bit unorganized, but were generally friendly...I felt the clinic is well equipped and able to perform all tests and procedures inhouse. They are located next to a major hospital which is used for needed surgeries and the pharmacy, both of which are an added convenience.They are very accommodating when scheduling appointments.
His strengths are communication and empathy. He always takes his time to thoroughly explain every step, test, or procedure. He draws pictures and will go over the information as many times as you need. He is upfront, honest, and to the point but the delivery is always kind and empathetic. He unfortunately had to be the one to confirm that I will never get pregnant with out IVF. Although his words shattered my heart, I felt comforted and reassured by the way he delivered that message. I could not have asked for a better Doctor. There is nothing I would change about my experience with him.
You can trust him. You can be open and honest about your fears and concerns, he will always listen and try his best to reassure you.
I felt like a human because he ALWAYS took his time and gave me his undivided attention. He left no question unanswered always providing complete explanation and honestly but delivered with kindness and consideration. And when I was a complete mess before my surgery he literally took my hand and reassured me that he would only do what was best for me and my health. I've never met another Doctor who was more genuine and kind.
We never went through a treatment cycle. He did diagnostic testing and then a surgery. After the surgery it was found IVF is our best (only) option so we have been saving since.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The nursing staff was very hard to get a hold of. I felt like I was always leaving messages and having to wait longer than reasonably expected. They seemed a bit unorganized, but were generally friendly.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
James Mayer