Not available by email
Medical SchoolSUNY
403 Black Hills Ln. SW
Olympia, WA 98502
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend James Moruzzi to a friend?

6.4

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Olympia Women's Health to a friend?
2017 - 2019
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
All in all, Dr. Moruzzi is a great Dr. We are just upset with how out our luck has been when it comes to treatments...He wanted to get as many eggs as we could. I developed ohss so had to freeze the embryos and transfer the next month. The next round we did the ganirelix cycle. He said that we would try for a less amount of eggs to hope for better quality...My ovaries were again over stimulated so had to freeze our one and only embryo and do an fet the following month.
2017 - 2019
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health?
My husband and I do love Dr. Moruzzi. We have been going to him for a couple years now. Seems like we have done every procedure having to do with IVF but unfortunately have not been successful. Our last transfer with donor embryos ended not too long ago with a miscarriage. Dr. Moruzzi is very busy, we have had to wait for hours( not an exaggeration) to get in just for a quick ultrasound. That part can be quite frustrating. Our first two rounds were our own embryos but had to do two different egg retrievals. Both did not seem to work and the second one was very odd. The day we triggered we had 8 perfect follicles but he ended up only retrieving one egg and ended it with it must have been a technical error. I thought possible with two trigger shots but who knows. All in all, Dr. Moruzzi is a great Dr. We are just upset with how out our luck has been when it comes to treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health?
Make sure to plan accordingly with wait times. Be prepared to wait a long time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health?
I really like Dr. Moruzzi but would sometimes have to wait hours to get in and see him. When I would call with a question he sometimes acted like I didn't have the right to do that or I was exaggerating. He ended our consultation with the only thing I can guarantee is that it's expensive.
Describe the protocols James Moruzzi used in your cycles at Olympia Women's Health and their degree of success.
Our first round we did a long ivf treatment. Started with birth control then lupron,Lots of menopur, gonal f and we did one trigger shot. He wanted to get as many eggs as we could. I developed ohss so had to freeze the embryos and transfer the next month. The next round we did the ganirelix cycle. He said that we would try for a less amount of eggs to hope for better quality It was for a shorter time but also used lupron, menopur and more gonal f than before. My ovaries were again over stimulated so had to freeze our one and only embryo and do an fet the following month. The third and fourth rounds we used donor embryos so just had to prep for an fet. I did a month before birth control with an overlap of lupron, started on 4 estrodiol pills along with 1 patch everyday until I had three on and would remove the one from day 1 and so on. 7 days before the transfer we would start our progesterone in oil injections IM. The first 3 cycles ended in a negative pregnancy test. Our 4th round we did get a strong positive but ended around 6 weeks in a miscarriage.
Sylvia Is amazing!!! When we first started there seemed to be a lot of over turn but Sylvia and Sandy have been great with me. The front desk lady is great too.
Describe your experience with Olympia Women's Health.
The clinic is fairly old and small. The Great thing about it being small is you feel at home and very much personal. The con of that is the wait time. I've mostly been in the back room which feels very stiff and cold but it's the room they do all the procedures in. The other two rooms are comfy and warm. They are kid friendly with books and puzzles and there is free WiFi which can make the wait time easier. The clinics prices are also way less than others surrounding. I'm talking like a half of other fertility clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health.
Just for treatments alone, not including medications, we have spent close to $20,000.
Olympia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health.

He [Dr. Moruzzi] is kind of an odd ball, but he is very smart and seems to know what he is doing and is comfortable with reaching out to other providers as needed. He will give you all the time you need and never rushes you...I do feel like he could or should communicate better on what may or may not actually be wrong with you or what we should try differently. He is caring and compassionate and will answer any questions you have.
How was your experience with James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health?
He is kind of an odd ball, but he is very smart and seems to know what he is doing and is comfortable with reaching out to other providers as needed. He will give you all the time you need and never rushes you.
Be patient. Yes, you will have to wait for your turn and it may be over an hour wait but when it comes your time, you are not in any hurry. Ask anything and everything you want. Trust that he knows what he is doing and has your back. Be proactive in your own care. He likes that and it feels good to know he is ok with that as well.
I was definitely treated more like a human. He was compassionate in his own way, you could tell he really did care about wanting to get to the outcome of "pregnancy". His team is very busy so sometimes you do not feel like a super priority but overall if you are patient, they give you the same respect when it's your turn. I do feel like he could or should communicate better on what may or may not actually be wrong with you or what we should try differently. He is caring and compassionate and will answer any questions you have.
I was first put on a mini lupron does protocal due to having 3 previous pregnancy and births without complications and had a tubal ligation. I was stimming well and it looked like the first round that about 9 follicles looked like would be great eggs retrieved and some little ones that could possibly turn out good as well. As it turns out we only got 2 eggs. I was using Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirellex and 10,000un hcg. Which ended with no transwer of eggs. Only 1 grew to day 5 and then stopped. He only will transfer blasts and no freezing eggs. I guess if you have extra they just don't use them? I never got told the answer or asked. Second round we used more Gonal f, same dose menopur and used lupron, also 10,000un hcg and ovidrel, along with a double bevual for retrieval. (Which btw, you are awake for retrieval, but he drugs you up pretty good but let me tell you.. NOT GOOD ENOUGH) I would scream an cry each time I had them done. I'm terrified to do another one but will if it means I will bring a baby into this world. Anyways, that retrieval we got 6 eggs, and the follicles looked like we may have been looking at at least 10 with small ones possible. All 6 fertilized and we made it with 2, 5 day blasts transfered. We never really got a definite answer of if we had a third or not, but the embryologist had said the other couple had petered out. Unsure of what that means considering it's not a "they stopped growing". Anyways, 9 days after transfer we got a negative hcg blood test. Dr called later that evening to tell us he was very sad and knows I am fertile but we could make an apt for a conference for figuring something out as he did not know what went wrong at this time and was just too sad to think.
Silvia was great! She was always very helpful and compassionate. The rest of the team didn't seem to know what was going on and not always helpful.
Describe your experience with Olympia Women's Health.
The clinic will see you after hours and on the weekends. That is a huge plus. It is very outdated and may not have the newest technology. There is a new embryologist that seems VERY helpful. Good to have fresh eyes.
He is probably THE MOST AFFORDABLE FOUND! It is a $5,000 deposit that covers ultrasounds, retrieval and transfer and care for embryos. You have to pay for your meds, he will send to a local place which is more expensive or out of the country to save cost. We had insurance coverage so we did the local meds. You get $500 off your next deposit if you go another round. Which made our second round for trying $4,500. You do get some of your money back if it is not used. I believe our first round we got back $1,000 because we did not make it to transfer.
Describe James Moruzzi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Olympia Women's Health.
I was not educated of the tradeoffs but only that he would put two in no matter what and that it would be possible for twins. We were ok with that considering well now we know, it didon't work in the first place so I'm glad two were put in for more of a chance.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Moruzzi is a very matter of fact man. He states the facts and is very scientific about it. This can come across as cold, but he knows his research and will also try what is best for you. Having him run super late for appointments didnget very frustrating....We did 2 IUI’s with clinic first. We went this route first because I was ovulating on my own and all other labs were normal. I do have endometriosis and since I was ovulating and had 1 miscarriage before treatments he felt this was the best start.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health?
Dr. Moruzzi is a very matter of fact man. He states the facts and is very scientific about it. This can come across as cold, but he knows his research and will also try what is best for you. Having him run super late for appointments didnget very frustrating. I had to keep telling myself that this is what I must do for a chance at a baby. You will want record what he is saying to you at every visit because he can mumble and expects you to understand. He can rush you, especially if he is behind. Do not feel guilty for asking questions during your appointment. This time is for you and you should get your questions answered. He does his best to find the best quality drugs for the lowest prices.
Be patient with him. He is very good, but is very busy and behind schedule. Bring reading material or a tablet with something to watch.
He runs two practices. His OB practice during day hours and fertility in the evening. Since he is the only doctor you will have a long wait time. That is where I felt more like a number, but he is a one man show and I understand.
We did 2 IUI’s with clinic first. We went this route first because I was ovulating on my own and all other labs were normal. I do have endometriosis and since I was ovulating and had 1 miscarriage before treatments he felt this was the best start. They didn’t work. The commodity gave me cysts so we took some time off and then went to injections and IUI. Those did not work. When we met with him after the last failure he offered 3 more IUI’s but we pushed for IVF. we again took some time off and began IVF a couple months later. I progressed better than he thought and we did Egg retrieval after only 8 days of stims. We got 6 high quality eggs that all became embryos. By day 3 we had 4 left and by day 5 we had 2. We transferred both that resulted in a singleton pregnancy and birth of our daughter.
The full time nursing staff was great! However he will use nursing students at night and they aren’t always the best with bedside manner or knowing what is going on.
Describe your experience with Olympia Women's Health.
Strengths would be the full time nurses and the fact that I see my doctor every time. He reviews all results with you. He also does his on scans, transfers, egg retrievals, IUI’s etc. The nurses are there to assist and do blood draws. The billing department, which is one person, is a mess. After several attempts she still could t get my insurance information correct. I even stood there with her while she inputted the new info AND STILL somehow got it wrong.
The cost was amazing! It is one of the reasons we dealt with the long wait times. If we went somewhere else we would not be able to afford IVF.
Olympia

Dr. Moruzzi has amazing bedside manner. He explains everything and makes your feelings and opinions worth talking about. He is a very busy man with so many patients, so at times the wait to see him is very long...Famara for 5 days and check follicle size at cd 10-14. IUI day after positive ovulation test. Menopur and Gonal-F were used on my 4th/5th IUI cycle. Progesterone in oil used after IUI.
How was your experience with James Moruzzi at Olympia Women's Health?
Listen to his advise he is a very intelligent man.
Dr. Moruzzi is very personable, but at times I had to wait for over an hour to be seen.
Amazing and knowledgeable women who have great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Olympia Women's Health.
Set a good amount of extra time aside when you have an appointment. The wait is very long and sometimes annoying. Other times you are seen right away.
$250 an iui without medication expense. $150 consultation fee.