Texas Tech

929 Gessner
Houston, TX 77024

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2017
Dr.Nodler has all the merits on paper. He was referred to us by my husbands urologist. But he lacks compassion. When I explained to him that we couldn’t afford this procedure of 18K with my husband being in school and only myself working. He said to come back when ready.... Even after this cycle failed he didn’t seem to go thru the explanation of the failure. A year later, I came across an embryologist and showed her the pictures of the embryos my clinic transferred.
This place [Houston IVF] is for people who has the money to shell out. It’s very fancy and high end looking place with state of the are technology. They have two locations one in fannin and other in gessner. If your insurance covers fertility treatment worth trying with other doctors here.... Amelia is an amazing nurse. She is so compassionate and listens to you. I was so overwhelmed with all the information on ivf and this was our first time. I had no clue about injections, drawing medicine , poking myself
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr.Nodler has all the merits on paper. He was referred to us by my husbands urologist. But he lacks compassion. When I explained to him that we couldn’t afford this procedure of 18K with my husband being in school and only myself working. He said to come back when ready. But I pushed ourselves and found means to borrow money from family. Even after this cycle failed he didn’t seem to go thru the explanation of the failure. A year later, I came across an embryologist and showed her the pictures of the embryos my clinic transferred. In one look she said they were really poor stage and should have done laser on them to help with implantation. At the time of transfer there was no talking and I could sense they were guilty of something. I asked what stage is it. It wasn’t even a blastocyst on day 5 and they still transferred them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Please go to other docs in the clinic
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
After a free of years of trying to conceive, my husbands pcp noticed he had varicocoele. Hence the urologist who did the surgery referred us to Dr.Nolder. He was knowledgeable but lacked in explaining why we failed the cycle. I did the whole 9 yard testing and there seems to be no issue expect low speed count of my hubby. He promised with icsi we would see good results. Even though when I explained to him how we were financially not there yet to pay the 18K since my husband was in school at that time. All this happened during Harvey and driving thru the flood to get to the appts. Even during embryos transfer the embryologist and the doctor never explained what stage the embryos are at etc. never got a call back for a status update on how the remaining embryos were doing. Our experience was really bad with this clinic in regards to the reasoning behind the failure. At last all he said was come back when we are ready and have the money. We can’t afgird another one as we are still paying off the debt of the first one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia )
Amelia is an amazing nurse. She is so compassionate and listens to you. I was so overwhelmed with all the information on ivf and this was our first time. I had no clue about injections, drawing medicine , poking myself etc. but she was there always to answer my questions. Also helped me find good deals on the drugs.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
This place is for people who has the money to shell out. It’s very fancy and high end looking place with state of the are technology. They have two locations one in fannin and other in gessner. If your insurance covers fertility treatment worth trying with other doctors here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
18K
Describe James Nodler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
My doctor transferred 2 embryos
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Just the issue they didn’t call back to update on the status of the remaining embryos. I had to call them.
James Nodler