Available by cell phone
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
3230 Eagle Park Drive NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend James Young to a friend?

5.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of Michigan to a friend?
Dr. Young explained everything about our next steps in treatment in detail. He is straight to the point, but will answer any questions that you have. We never felt rushed in the appointment and were able to have all of our questions answered no matter how small it might be...He has so much knowledge...He discussed why previous treatments hadn’t worked and why he was recommending me to use oral medication and injectables. He discussed why my lab values and PCOS were affecting our fertility each month and how this new plan would help us overcome my medical issues. So far, I have not fallen pregnant, but I am positive that we will get the right treatment plan and positive pregnancy soon.
There are two nurses that I work with [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] every time I go into the office. They are both so compassionate and make me feel like they actually care about each cycle and helping us start our family. They help to explain the treatment plan from the doctor and answer any questions that I might have. I never feel rushed when I am in with my nurses...I don’t know if I have enough words to explain how much I have loved working with this clinic. The staff at the front desk remember me and my preferences, including that I like to pay my bill before I am seen, so that I can get back to work quicker. They are often running early for appointments. Everyone is friendly and caring and make me feel like I am being cared for every step of this journey. Scheduling is often quite easy with my work schedule. If I have to call and leave a message, someone is calling me back in less than an hour... This clinic has given me hope. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Have a list of questions ready to ask Dr. Young. He has so much knowledge and was able to answer questions I wasn’t able to find from “Dr. Google”
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young sat down with my husband and I and explained my treatments in detail and kept asking if we had any questions or concerns throughout the whole visit. He truly listened to us and what we were looking for.
Describe the protocols James Young used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
There are two nurses that I work with every time I go into the office. They are both so compassionate and make me feel like they actually care about each cycle and helping us start our family. They help to explain the treatment plan from the doctor and answer any questions that I might have. I never feel rushed when I am in with my nurses.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have copays for every visit with the doctor. I often have $20-40 to pay after insurance for my ultrasounds/screen-scans. Medication has ranged from $10 per cycle to $175 per cycle after insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan.

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. James Young] can be a bit dry but overall very personable. I felt very comfortable discussing my concerns with him. I feel that he was keeping my best interests in mind during the course of my treatment. There was one instance where he forgot my name but I didn't take it personal...He will be thorough if you ask the questions...My 3rd IVF cycle followed the same protocol as my 2nd cycle but was cancelled prior to the frozen embryo transfer because my uterine lining was possibly over-stimulated by the hormones and was not suitable for pregnancy.
Approximately $8000 for egg retrieval and fresh transfer [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] including medications and ultrasounds...It's a beautiful clinic with friendly and knowledgeable staff. The clinic is up-to-date and very clean. My favorite part is that they offer an on-site fertility counselor free of charge. The fertility counselor has been a great resource for managing my anxiety through my fertility treatments... She [nurse] communicates to me via email (at my request) as it is difficult for me to answer phone calls discussing personal matters while I'm at work. She is always very thorough in her instructions and answers ALL of my questions. I feel very comfortable communicating with her and am so glad that I was blessed with such an amazing IVF nurse.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He can be a bit dry but overall very personable. I felt very comfortable discussing my concerns with him. I feel that he was keeping my best interests in mind during the course of my treatment. There was one instance where he forgot my name but I didn't take it personal.
Be open, honest, and express all of your concerns. He will be thorough if you ask the questions.
He always was very thorough in answering my questions and explaining our fertility treatment plan. He apologized and showed concern when the outcome of our treatment was negative.
My first cycle was an embryo retrieval and fresh transfer of 2 embryos. If I remember correctly, gonal-f, hcg trigger were used and then progesterone through the 11th week of pregnancy. This procedure resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth of my daughter. My 2nd IVF cycle was a long protocol with frozen embryo transfer. The medications were Lupron, estradiol, and progesterone. This cycle did not result in pregnancy. My 3rd IVF cycle followed the same protocol as my 2nd cycle but was cancelled prior to the frozen embryo transfer because my uterine lining was possibly over-stimulated by the hormones and was not suitable for pregnancy. I am currently on my 4th IVF cycle. I have reverted back to the same protocol as my first cycle but with lower dose gonal-f as I do not require multiple follicle production. I do not yet know if the transfer produced a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Kim Helm)
Kim Helm is the most kind-hearted, caring, and knowledgeable nurse I've ever communicated with. She communicates to me via email (at my request) as it is difficult for me to answer phone calls discussing personal matters while I'm at work. She is always very thorough in her instructions and answers ALL of my questions. I feel very comfortable communicating with her and am so glad that I was blessed with such an amazing IVF nurse.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Approximately $8000 for egg retrieval and fresh transfer including medications and ultrasounds. Approximately $5000 for frozen embryo transfer including medications and ultrasounds.
Describe James Young's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Dr. Young is responsible with selecting the number of embryos to transfer. He has always suggested 2 embryos for my transfers in hopes of single or double births but no more than that as multiple births come with added risks and potential complications.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. James Young] doesn't give false hope, he tells it like it is. I like his dry sense of humor. He really knows his stuff and is up to date on the latest things to try...you can message him questions on MyHealth if you think of any later. He is very receptive to questions...Long med protocol IVF, uterine scratch (worth a try, knew it might not help), grew embryo to blastocyst, next time doing a clotting factor panel and and ERA biopsy before transferring another embryo, will thaw all remaining and grow them all to blast to see how many keep going. No pregnancy yet, but we have embryos left. If the next round doesn't stick he said we can look into gestational carriers. Nursing Staff
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] is clean and pretty...The staff all work well together. The billing ladies are very helpful, too...There is one nurse that mixed up the date of our pregnancy test, which led to me seeing results before I was prepared to. Other than that, they have been excellent. Some have even shared their own fertility journeys. That was very helpful...We are at 25,000 out of pocket after three IVF cycles. The office covered the $800 time lapse photography for free for our last egg retrieval.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young is very up front and honest. He explains things without making you feel dumb for asking. After each of our three failed IVF cycles, he made a personal phone call to express his condolences after. He answered calls from the on call doctor on a Saturday to make the best decision for some time sensitive treatment. He doesn't give false hope, he tells it like it is. I like his dry sense of humor. He really knows his stuff and is up to date on the latest things to try.
Ask questions about anything you don't understand. Take notes and you can message him questions on MyHealth if you think of any later. He is very receptive to questions.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is clean and pretty. I hate the fish tank though, when you have a procedure that requires a full bladder the running water noise on the tank makes you want to pee more! The staff all work well together. The billing ladies are very helpful, too.
They let me transfer 2 at once, but said 3 was too risky with my younger age of 36 and embryo quality.

2013 - 2019
He [Dr. James Young] was always patient with our concerns and questions...has a wonderful and caring personality. He can put the most nervous or upset person at ease. He was very patient during our appointments. He made us feel completely comfortable and confident with the care we were receiving...I had 2 embryos transferred which resulted in our healthy baby girl being born...We used the antagonist protocol with bravelle and menopur to stimulate follicle production for about 11 days.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were super comforting throughout the process. Very good communication and made sure we knew exactly what to do and what to expect...Monitoring appointments were held during a window of time in the morning. I loved this because I was able to go before work. It allowed me to minimize using my personal time off for appointments...Approximately $12,000 total for blood work, ultrasounds, medications, egg retrieval, and transfer.
2013 - 2019
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young has a wonderful and caring personality. He can put the most nervous or upset person at ease. He was very patient during our appointments. He made us feel completely comfortable and confident with the care we were receiving.
Write down any questions or concerns you have before your appointment. Then you won't forget to ask them. I always wrote the answers down so I could remember later. Sometimes being nervous you may forget to ask questions or forget the information you were given. You could always call back and clarify if you need to.
He was always patient with our concerns and questions.
We used the antagonist protocol with bravelle and menopur to stimulate follicle production for about 11 days. After a few days of taking stimulation medicine they also added a morning injection of ganirelix to prevent premature ovulation. After 12 nights of stimulation Injections I had to administer a Lipton trigger shot to mature the eggs. I had my egg retrieval the next morning. The day of egg retrieval I started progesterone in oil injections. 2 days after retrieval I had 2 embryos transferred which resulted in our healthy baby girl being born.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were super comforting throughout the process. Very good communication and made sure we knew exactly what to do and what to expect.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I felt welcomed to the fertility clinic during the first call to schedule my new patient consultation. The receptionists were very knowledgeable and friendly. The medical assistants and nurses were always reassuring. The doctors always made us feel safe, comfortable, and confident in our next step of treatment. We even got a personal call from our doctor congratulating us on our positive pregnancy test. Great office all around. You will not be disappointed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Young] was candid and straight forward about treatment and our options. I feel like he followed SART guidelines and ethics protocol. I am very detail oriented so I would have preferred more in depth explanations, but overall he communicated well...He has a dry sense of humor which can come off as insensitive and might be off putting to some. My husband thinks he is hilarious... Protocol was chosen based on age, single Fallopian tube, prior ectopic pregnancy and normal AMH & FSH values. Currently stimulating for first egg retrieval.
Approximately $9500 for egg retrieval and transfer [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]...They have a good track record, are organized, kind, compassionate, nice facility, offer services like genetic counseling, a fertility counselor, and support group. They have 4 offices throughout the state and are relatively easier to reach. They coordinate with my local clinic for monitoring which has been very helpful...[nurses is a] Very effective communicator. Took into consideration my personality (Type A) when giving info (eg I want all the details, numbers,etc) Friendly and excellent at organization.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He was candid and straight forward about treatment and our options. I feel like he followed SART guidelines and ethics protocol. I am very detail oriented so I would have preferred more in depth explanations, but overall he communicated well.
He remembered details about my husband and myself, kept a sense of humor and conversed with us about non fertility topics.
Antagonist protocol (BCP, 150 Gonal f, 75 menopur, cetrotide, hCG & Lupron trigger). I used Gonal during IUI so we had a good idea how I would respond. Protocol was chosen based on age, single Fallopian tube, prior ectopic pregnancy and normal AMH & FSH values. Currently stimulating for first egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Approximately $9500 for egg retrieval and transfer - totally out of pocket. After partial insurance about $100 for mock transfer/sonohytogram. Insurance covered office visits with $20 co pay. $400 annually for embryo storage. All the remaining lab testing and ultrasounds are partially covered by insurance, and balances vary based on type of test and remaining deductible.
Based on age I knew transferring 2 was a possibility, but was surprised that we could transfer up to 3. Otherwise, i trust that my doctor will only transfer the number of embryos he believes is healthy and safe.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
if you want someone who will shoot you straight, and push forward without haste, then Dr. Young will be a great fit...may seem quiet and reserved at first, but he will become a fierce advocate, giving you nothing but his best...I have PCOS, so the first treatment strategy was Clomid with monitoring to see if that would help me ovulate. The outcome was little to no results.next I was put on Metformin (indefinitely). The next strategy was a combination of Clomid, Follistim, Ovidrel and timed intercourse. This treatment was successful in getting me to ovulate, but unfortunately it didn’t result in a pregnancy. With the help of Dr. Young we decided to stop current treatments and move forward with IVF. Within a month of stopping treatment, we got pregnant naturally but unfortunately suffered a chemical pregnancy. We are currently saving for IVF.
Every single nurse [at The Fertility Center of Michigan], every single time, from a long visit to a quick in and out visit, was nothing but caring, respectful, honest and empathetic. The nursing staff was prompt to respond to every message I left, little issue or big...The office was determined to find me the best deal for medicines that weren’t covered by insurance. They work with an online fertility pharmacy, and would give me the information to figure out what pharmacies near me had the best price for meds.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There was never a time that I left Dr. Young feeling confused about treatment, unheard about my feelings or concerns, or worried about what would be next. From the very beginning, my husband and I felt a sense of relief and calmness from our meetings with Dr. Young. He is soft spoken, but delivers news, treatment plans and options with conviction. If you want a Dr. that is going to tip-toe and proceed with caution, Dr. Young may not be the doctor for you. But if you want someone who will shoot you straight, and push forward without haste, then Dr. Young will be a great fit.
Know that Dr. Young may seem quiet and reserved at first, but he will become a fierce advocate, giving you nothing but his best.
Although Dr. Young is very thorough, it is sometimes his emotion, or lack of, during delivery of information that can seem a bit cold. I could see how, to some, the lack of emotion could equate to feeling like a number. However, with a matter such as infertility, I would rather have a Dr. be completely honest, straightforward, with less emotion, than a Dr. that sugar coats and withholds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy and Julie)
I have zero constructive criticism for the nursing staff. Every single nurse, every single time, from a long visit to a quick in and out visit, was nothing but caring, respectful, honest and empathetic. The nursing staff was prompt to respond to every message I left, little issue or big. If they didn’t have the answer, they would assure me that they would work until they found it, and they did. I can’t imagine this journey without them!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are busy, so make sure if you’re a new patient, to plan ahead! Initially it took a month and a half to get my first appointment. Now that I’m an established patient, I never have any issues getting appointments. The front desk staff is always on the ball, and accommodating. They have always tried their hardest to make sure that we have all of the information we need, and have worked with my strange work schedule on many occasions to make sure I got the appointment I needed. The first visit can be overwhelming, but very informative. You receive a large packet of all of the information discussed, in case you can’t remember it all. The staff is always there to answer any questions you may have.
My Insurance does not cover infertility treatments, however the billing staff would work with me to code things appropriately to save me the most money. Each visit I had a copay of $35. My medicines were sometimes covered, sometimes not. Although I believe this has to do with my insurance, not the provider. Clomid- $45. Metformin-$15. Follistim- $300/300iu $600/600iu. Ovidrel- $107. The office was determined to find me the best deal for medicines that weren’t covered by insurance. They work with an online fertility pharmacy, and would give me the information to figure out what pharmacies near me had the best price for meds.
+ Read more- Read less

Doctor Young took the time to explain everything in terms that both my husband and I would understand, even drawing pictures at times. He made sure that we both agreed and understood the plan going forward...He also gave us ways to increase our chances such as reduce alcohol use, exercise, eat well, etc... With that and my husband's low motility, he had us start with IUI, first having me take Femera so I would ovulate on time and possibly produce more then one egg, then going to an ultrasound to make sure an egg had formed, and then using ovidrel so they could time the IUI treatment even closer to ovulation.
Because the doctors [The Fert Ctr] rotate to their other offices, it isn't uncommon that you talk to all of them at one point or another. I personally think that is a good thing, because I feel like I get all of their expertise involved in my care. Everyone is very knowledgeable in what they do and they are able to make you feel like you have control going forward and they give you hope again.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He was very good at describing our treatment in easy to understand terms also providing pictures when necessary. He always made sure we understood before moving on to the next area. He took time to ask about what we do and got to know us a little bit and also joked around with us. It helped for us to both feel comfortable and we left feeling like we had some control over the situation again.
Doctor Young will go over everything you need but I think it is always good to know a little background on fertility treatments.
Doctor Young took the time to explain everything in terms that both my husband and I would understand, even drawing pictures at times. He made sure that we both agreed and understood the plan going forward and even took some time to get to know what we both do and joked with us. He made us feel comfortable during a tough discussion and made us feel like we had some small amount of control back.
Before we had met Dr. Young my obgyn had already had me try 4 rounds of clomid because of my irregular cycles. With that and my husband's low motility, he had us start with IUI, first having me take Femera so I would ovulate on time and possibly produce more then one egg, then going to an ultrasound to make sure an egg had formed, and then using ovidrel so they could time the IUI treatment even closer to ovulation. He also gave us ways to increase our chances such as reduce alcohol use, exercise, eat well, etc.
After my ultrasound the nurse sat down with me to do over the next steps for treatment. She made sure I was able to get the medicine I needed on time and that I understood what would happen going forward.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Because the doctors rotate to their other offices, it isn't uncommon that you talk to all of them at one point or another. I personally think that is a good thing, because I feel like I get all of their expertise involved in my care. Everyone is very knowledgeable in what they do and they are able to make you feel like you have control going forward and they give you hope again.
I don't remember the cost of the initial consultation appointment but the ultrasound and meet up with the nurse was around $250 and the actual IUI was $600. They gave me resources to get the ovidrel at a more reasonable cost, which was around $35.

Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Young is a very knowledgeable guy. He has a very dry sense of humor but he always made me feel comfortable. He always explained everything pretty clearly but it never seemed like he was talking down to us. He keeps an extremely tidy office... For IUI- We did femara along with injectables to hopefully get a better number of mature eggs without the extra cost of doing all injectables. For 3 cycles that worked.
I really have nothing great to say about the nurses [Fertility Center of MI]. None of them were particularly friendly. They never took the time to get to know us and never remembered us. We honestly had to explain our situation at every appointment. The ultrasound tech, Jillian, was the only one I felt comfortable with. Almost always when calling I had to leave a message and they would usually wait until the end of the day to return my call. They often returned it after they shut their phones off (at 3:30pm!) and if I didn't catch their call I would have to wait until the following day to speak with them.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young is a very knowledgeable guy. He has a very dry sense of humor but he always made me feel comfortable. He always explained everything pretty clearly but it never seemed like he was talking down to us. He keeps an extremely tidy office, which seems to be rare for most doctors I have visited. He has a very steady hand and that always made me feel more at ease with him.
Ask as many questions as you can think of, he will answer them all. Don't ever leave, wishing you had the courage to ask something that may seem dumb. He will take his time and explain everything to you.
Every time we met with a nurse or doctor, we had to explain everything to them. They almost never remembered that we were using donor sperm... I hated repeating that over and over. Not a single person in 2 years remembered our names.
For IUI- We did femara along with injectables to hopefully get a better number of mature eggs without the extra cost of doing all injectables. For 3 cycles that worked. On the 4th and 5th, we had absolutely no response to the meds and the IUI was cancelled. All 3 cycles produced negative results. We also used the ovidrel trigger shot 24 hours before IUI. IVF- we started with birth control the month before to hopefully "align" the follicles. We began the cycle with Gonal-F and Menopur, added lupron to prevent early ovulation. When the majority of the follicles reach 18-20mm, we used an HCG trigger. Exactly 35 hours, we had the egg retrieval. The 12 eggs were fertilized using ICSI and 7 actually fertilized. All 7 made it to day 2, two 4 cell "day two embryos" were transferred and the other 5 were frozen. Both embryos implanted but only one progressed to have a heartbeat, the other disappeared over the next 16 weeks. We gave birth to a healthy son at 38 weeks.
I really have nothing great to say about the nurses. None of them were particularly friendly. They never took the time to get to know us and never remembered us. We honestly had to explain our situation at every appointment. The ultrasound tech, Jillian, was the only one I felt comfortable with. Almost always when calling I had to leave a message and they would usually wait until the end of the day to return my call. They often returned it after they shut their phones off (at 3:30pm!) and if I didn't catch their call I would have to wait until the following day to speak with them. It was extremely frustrating, especially when we are dealing with a time sensitive issue.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
You have to strongly advocate for yourself. You will get lost in the mountain of patients otherwise. If you feel like the treatment they have you on isn't working, speak up. They let us keep going until we said "stop". We were 8 IUIs in when we finally realized this.
IUI procedure was about $400 Full ivf was about $12,000
They explained it to us but really left the choice up to us. They allowed us to transfer 2

2011 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
We have been seeing Dr Young since 2011. He has always taken his time with us, explaining every little detail. He remembers what my husband and I do for a living and what we do for fun. When we lost our daughter at 19 weeks, he called us and shared his condolences. When our last FET failed, he was just as confused and sad that it didn’t work and ordered tests to make sure he wasn’t missing anything before we attempt our last transfer. I may cry in our talks, but I always end up smiling by the time I leave his office.
[Fertility Center of MI's] Weakness: The cost. We have some insurance coverage for treatment (meds, labs, ultrasounds, etc) but the IUIs, Retrieval and FETs all come out of pocket for us. They have a Family Building Fund, but you only if you make less than a certain amount of income, so we don’t qualify for help. Strengths: Everything else. This long, almost 8 year journey that we are still on has been more bearable because of the kind and compassionate care that we have received from everyone in the office
2011 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There is seriously nothing that My husband and I don’t like about Dr Young. He seems truly vested in us creating our family. When he is doing procedures he walks us through each step and often uses humor, which I appreciate. If there was one thing that I think needs to be improved upon is his handshake. It is very firm/confident and my husband always brings it up after our appts.
Tell him what your goals are and what your timeline is. He won’t make you rush into anything, but he will make sure that he looks into everything before suggesting major procedures
He was very patient with us. He put both my husband and I through testing, then we did some cycles on clomid. When those didnt work he ordered a hystosalpinogram to make sure my clear. When those weren’t successful, he suggested IUIs and we did 2-3 and when those weren’t successful he did laparoscopic surgery to see if there was anything getting in the way. We tried one more IUI before he suggested IVF with ICSI because of my husbands sperm issues
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie S, Julie M, and Ashley)
All of the nurses that I have interacted with have been amazing. Kind, caring, answering all of my questions and returning calls in an incredibly timely manner. They have made this whole journey incredibly more tolerable
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Over the course of our 8 year journey, we have probably spent close to $30,000 to $40,000 out of pocket
Dr Young had us transfer 2 each time and we were good with that. He always explained multiples were possible and the dangers of that, but the rewards out-weighed the risks for us
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Young] asks personal real life questions. Not all “doctor” stuff. He sat with both my husband and I, and I didn’t feel “rushed”. It is genuine. He’s funny and kind. He talks about his life to so it’s a mutual connection. Humans need connection in life and he provides this. ... He gives guidance on what to change and his knowledge on how to move on to the next step when the last IUI’s failed. ...
When you walk in the front desk [Fertility Center of Michigan] is fast and to the point to get you signed in. ... My IUI that I had performed NOT by dr young was different then how he did it. ... So consistency was off. ... The nurses are thorough and let you know what the need you to do. They help you to relax and answer any questions you have. ... $500 for IUI ...
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
James is a good doctor. He explains the good and the bad. He gives guidance on what to change and his knowledge on how to move on to the next step when the last IUI’s failed. He has improved being relational sense 2014 vists.
Confident.
He asks personal real life questions. Not all “doctor” stuff. He sat with both my husband and I, and I didn’t feel “rushed”. It is genuine. He’s funny and kind. He talks about his life to so it’s a mutual connection. Humans need connection in life and he provides this.
First cycle- femara 2.5mg pills cycle day 3-7. Had four mature eggs. I have one daughter from this cycle. Sencond cycle I was put on femara 2.5mg cycle day 3-7 only produce ONE egg. We backed out of the IUI. Third cycle dr young bumped my femara as I only produced one egg last time using 5mg cycle day 3-7 and had four mature eggs. IUI failed Fourth cycle femara 7.5 cycle day 3-7 had four mature eggs. IUI failed.
Fun enjoyable nice kind knowledgeable
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
When you walk in the front desk is fast and to the point to get you signed in. The nurses are thorough and let you know what the need you to do. They help you to relax and answer any questions you have. One weakness is that one lady in my follow up ultrasound assumes that we had fresh sperm when we ONLY have frozen viles which made me question if she knew what she was doing and made me feel uneasey about having my IUI done. My IUI that I had performed NOT by dr young was different then how he did it. So that was odd. He put a sponge thing to hold in sperm and the other IUI did not have that. So consistency was off.
$500 for IUI

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Young helped us understand the process and all of our options. We had a lot to learn about unexplained infertility and how to maximize our chances of achieving a successful pregnancy, and Dr. Young patiently helped us with that...Dr. Young suggested we consider using donor embryos...2 donor embryos we're thawed, only one survived the thaw. Dr. Young told us it was a very healthy embryo, so chances of implantation we're good. Unfortunately, the cycle ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Young suggested we try another IVF cycle using donor embryos and select a donor with more embryos available. We are scheduled for a second donor embryo transfer in April.
The entire team of doctors, nurses and office staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are always willing to help with any questions or concerns we have. We feel well cared for and accommodated with every visit...All of the nurses we encountered were helpful in explaining everything (i.e. timelines, administration of medications, the "what ifs"). If we had a question, they would respond in a timely manner. When the cycles didn't have the outcome we hoped for, they were compassionate and sympathetic. We are extremely happy with the care they have provided thus far.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
When we first got married, we never imagined that it would be so difficult to have a baby. Dr. Young helped us understand the process and all of our options. We had a lot to learn about unexplained infertility and how to maximize our chances of achieving a successful pregnancy, and Dr. Young patiently helped us with that.
Trust in the process.
Dr. Young was very personable, informamativ, and professional throughout our entire journey so far. He has made us feel at ease and confident in his abilities. Although the process has been trying at times, we are glad that Dr. Young has been there to help us.
Dr. Young tried several different strategies and protocols throughout our journey. First, he tried 100mg of Clomid with Ovidril trigger shot, we attempted 3 cycles of this. Then we did a couple of cycles with Clomid, Follistim and Ovidril. None of these cycles resulted in pregnancy. Third, we attempted to do an IVF cycle using the luteal suppression protocol (Lupron and Gonal-F medications). Only one follicle matured, the cycle was cancelled. Since only one follicle matured with the first IVF cycle, Dr. Young recommended we attempt multi-cycle IVF. If he was able to retrieve one or two eggs each cycle, hopefully there would be enough embryos to transfer after the second or third retrieval. The first cycle of the multi-cycle IVF protocol ended up being cancelled due to no mature follicles. At that point Dr. Young suggested we consider using donor embryos. Because it was the most viable option for us financially at that point, we agreed. In January 2018, 2 donor embryos we're thawed, only one survived the thaw. Dr. Young told us it was a very healthy embryo, so chances of implantation we're good. Unfortunately, the cycle ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Young suggested we try another IVF cycle using donor embryos and select a donor with more embryos available. We are scheduled for a second donor embryo transfer in April.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin Strouse)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The entire team of doctors, nurses and office staff are always willing to help with any questions or concerns we have. We feel well cared for and accommodated with every visit. We would like new patients to know that patience is important as they begin their infertility treatment. Also don't hesitate to ask questions even if they seem trivial.
Donor Embryo Transfer: Case Management Fee: $2,225.00 Bundled Fees (testing/screening/program maintenance, profile preparation, record review, MD evaluation, interdisciplinary ART meeting, appointment with Social Worker): $4,000.00 Vaginal Ultrasound: $295.00 Preparation of Cryopreserved Emryos: $1,000.00 Embryo Transfer: $1,025.00 Abdominal Ultrasound: $215.00 Medication: $500.00

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. James Young] evaluated my past before I came in and knew what tests to run to find the problem. He explains things in terms that we can understand... definitely took his time with us when we would meet to discuss plans. He didn’t rush us out of his office to get on to the next patient. He seems to care about his patients and their past...resulted in 4 eggs retrieved, one embryo frozen (Grade 3). About to start another cycle with same meds but add clomid on day one. We will be doing PGD testing which is why we froze the one embryo.
They [the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] know the protocols and if they were unsure how to proceed they would always let me know they would ask the Dr and let me know that day. I always knew what was happening. If I had any questions they would explain everything very well...Paid $10,500 for first cycle and $3000 for the next 2 (multi cycle discount up to 3 cycles). Medications cost $130 for first cycle.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
At first he seemed quiet and I wasn’t sure what to think of him, but towards the end of our first appointment I knew he was very good at his job just by what he was explaining to us. He evaluated my past before I came in and knew what tests to run to find the problem. He explains things in terms that we can understand.
Ask questions if you are unsure.
I feel like Dr. Young definitely took his time with us when we would meet to discuss plans. He didn’t rush us out of his office to get on to the next patient. He seems to care about his patients and their past.
First cycle used fermara only. Resulted in a pregnancy that ended at 16.5 weeks, no reason found. Second cycle used 375 Gonal F And 75 menopur for about 9 days (ganirelix and HCG shot towards the end also) resulted in 4 eggs retrieved, one embryo frozen (Grade 3). About to start another cycle with same meds but add clomid on day one. We will be doing PGD testing which is why we froze the one embryo.
They know the protocols and if they were unsure how to proceed they would always let me know they would ask the Dr and let me know that day. I always knew what was happening. If I had any questions they would explain everything very well.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Organized, helpful, compassionate workers. Front desk staff very helpful and work with your schedule. So far my experience has only been good there. They get you in quickly and there isn’t much of a wait at any appointment.
My insurance covers all ultrasounds and 4 estrogen blood draws a month. Paid $10,500 for first cycle and $3000 for the next 2 (multi cycle discount up to 3 cycles). Medications cost $130 for first cycle. Office visits were covered by my insurance.
The Dr. seems to want to transfer 2 for our case as I have trouble carrying them so the hope is that at least one will stick.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Young (and other doctors at this office) have always treated me well. They listen to my questions and concerns and address them wuth kindness, patience and understanding. I can't imagine going through this with any other doctor.... He has a dry sense of humor which always makes me smile. He and his wife also went through fertility treatments which give a better understanding of what a patient is going through.
This clinic [Fertility Ctr of Michigan] is amazing. They go above and beyond to communicate with patients and ensure quailty care. Infertility is difficult, and the staff at this clinic make it bearable. One weakness is that certain appointments can only be scheduled at certain a time of day, which is not always convenient.... A round of IUI was generally atounf $1,500 and IVF was around $9,000. You can apply for the Assured program, which costs around $19,000 and you get up to 3 IVF cycles, if they are all unsuccessful you get almost all of your money back.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young is kind and understanding. He has a dry sense of humor which always makes me smile. He and his wife also went through fertility treatments which give a better understanding of what a patient is going through.
Ask questions. He likes Ohio State, so you have to look past that flaw. (Go Blue!)
Early on, we used a medication that had the opposite affect on my system, this was adjusted for the next cycle. This was more successful. It's difficult to remember all of the things we have done. Dr. Young was always very honest with us. I felt that he gave us all the facts and helped us to make decisions based on our personal case.
I love the nursing staff. They are very knowledge and go the extra mile to make sure patients are fully prepared throughout the process.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
This clinic is amazing. They go above and beyond to communicate with patients and ensure quailty care. Infertility is difficult, and the staff at this clinic make it bearable. One weakness is that certain appointments can only be scheduled at certain a time of day, which is not always convenient.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Young is definitely very wise and I felt I could trust him with our treatments. Personally, I feel like his bedside manners could improve a little. He is very kind and thorough, but somewhat awkward at times. I felt like I had to push treatment changes when things didn't work but that's also largely a part of my personality. He always explained things in an easy-to-understand way.... I responded very well to Femara 5mg for my IUIs, so we stuck with that for 3 cycles. Although I was ready to change things up, I understood how he wanted to keep the course.
Strengths [Fertility Center of MI]: location, cost, easy to get you on the schedule for appointments, not a long wait for treatments (including IVF), wonderful nurses and sonographers. Weaknesses: you almost always have to leave a voicemail and wait for a nurse to call you back, very little interaction with the RE.... Erica is fabulous and so sweet! There have been a few more that have really showed me compassion, including Kristi. But my favorite staff member is actually a sonographer, Shana.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Keep in mind that although he can come off a little quiet or awkward at times, I do believe he has plenty of wisdom and experience to handle direct treatment courses. I'm still undergoing treatment (more aggressive, I'll add) so I'm very curious to see how my thoughts on him will change, if at all!
Dr. Young is very kind and remembered some minor details about my previous cycles, which I really appreciated.
I responded very well to Femara 5mg for my IUIs, so we stuck with that for 3 cycles. Although I was ready to change things up, I understood how he wanted to keep the course. I was also thankful to move on to Gonal-F for IUI #4, though my dose was small (75iu nightly). I actually responded with fewer follicles than on 5mg Femara. My 5th and final IUI, we tried a higher dose of Follistim (125iu) and I responded very well! Almost too well: 6 follicles. I'm very glad my clinic was upfront and honest with me about the risks and let me make that decision alongside of them. We still went for that IUI and it was a negative, but I feel very good about that last shot IUI: we tried our best and I feel much more comfortable moving forward with IVF, especially since I've gotten comfortable with injections.
Erica is fabulous and so sweet! There have been a few more that have really showed me compassion, including Kristi. But my favorite staff member is actually a sonographer, Shana. She is SO good at what she does and is insanely sweet and compassionate! I plan on requesting her for all my future scans, when possible.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: location, cost, easy to get you on the schedule for appointments, not a long wait for treatments (including IVF), wonderful nurses and sonographers. Weaknesses: you almost always have to leave a voicemail and wait for a nurse to call you back, very little interaction with the RE.
I have zero fertility coverage besides 50% coverage for meds (which I realized was truly nothing since most pharmacies have an agreement and give women who are completely out of pocket a discount, so my med coverage didn't really do anything). Specifically with my clinic, a semen analysis was around $130. IUI including the sperm wash was $500. Most ultrasounds/appointments were in the $100 range, depending on your coverage, of course.
We are just about to start our first IVF cycle with Dr. Young, so I can't speak about embryo transfers yet. But, I did trigger and have an IUI with 6 follicles and they were very straightforward and honest with me about the risks. You could tell it was very important to them that I knew what I was doing.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Young] was very informative, but yet described things in ways we understood easily. We felt he genuinely cared about our situation. We never felt rushed, and he calmly took all the time we needed during our appointments. After the loss of one of our babies, Dr. Young gave us hugs and was professional and also emotional right along with us...
I have never been anywhere where everyone was so friendly and happy. We love that they were always willing to work with our schedules and greeted us by name upon arrival. They offered us beverages as well as a shoulder to cry on. They prayed with us and celebrated with us. We love our TFC family!...everything was always broke down for us and we were able to make payments that worked for us
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is a caring and friendly person. He gave us hope, when our success rate was so low. He took all the time we needed, and never made us feel rushed. We didn't feel like we were at a typical medical facility, we felt like we were being treated by friends or family.
Never ever give up hope, miracles do happen and Dr. Young can help you get closer to your dream.
From the moment we met him, he was warm and kind. He was very informative, but yet described things in ways we understood easily. We felt he genuinely cared about our situation. We never felt rushed, and he calmly took all the time we needed during our appointments. After the loss of one of our babies, Dr. Young gave us hugs and was professional and also emotional right along with us. He talked to us about the power of prayer, which meant the world to us. We felt like family and not just another patient.
Our infertility journey started 12 years ago. We dealt with several different doctors before hearing about Dr. Young. We have gone through countless rounds of clomid, pills, shots, tests, procedures surgeries...you name it. Nothing worked. We had given up all hope until we met Dr. Young. He convinced us to try one more time, and that one more time led us to our son!
They were so sweet. Greeted us at the door with a smile, and showed great compassion in our sorrow. They celebrated us when we achieved pregnancy. They were wonderful!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It was pretty expensive, but the costs were less than we had assumed. Although I cannot remember the exact costs, everything was always broke down for us and we were able to make payments that worked for us.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The way the clinic [Fertility Center of Michigan] runs, I don’t see my actual Primary RE often except for consultations and if he happens to be doing the retrieval I will see him. ...Dr. Young is very intelligent and explained everything slowly and in depth, answering all questions. He used evidence based information and cited/provided studies. He’s not the warm and fuzzy type but I don’t need that in a provider. My main critique would be for more follow through from Dr. Young himself but I also understand that’s not possible with how the office is run.
The way the clinic runs [Fertility Center of Michigan], I don’t see my actual Primary RE often except for consultations and if he happens to be doing the retrieval I will see him. ... I was able to start treatment the day of my consultation. The staff is caring and kind and mostly runs on time. They do not batch patients and office runs 7 days a week. It would be nice if there were more morning appointment times for ultrasounds, they also need a program for those paying out of pocket. Only have assured program which many don’t qualify for.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young is very intelligent and explained everything slowly and in depth, answering all questions. He used evidence based information and cited/provided studies. He’s not the warm and fuzzy type but I don’t need that in a provider. My main critique would be for more follow through from Dr. Young himself but I also understand that’s not possible with how the office is run. I always hear from the nurses who are wonderful but don’t always receive the details I want.
He will do everything he can to customize the protocols to your needs and to meet your requests. While he isn’t the warm and fuzzy type, he’s professional, intelligent, and experienced. I would suggest to anyone to bring a list of questions to a consult and i my experience he was happy to explain discuss all my questions and concerns.
The way the clinic runs, I don’t see my actual Primary RE often except for consultations and if he happens to be doing the retrieval I will see him. The IVF nurses are my main contact. I would feel more supported If I had more contact with Dr. Young and received more follow up.
I did 2 rounds of clomid and 4 with femara doing timed intercourse, followed by 3 IUI’s with femara (none with injectables d/t lack of insurance coverage. Currently undergoing micro flare IVF. Microdose lupron with gonal -f. I have DOR.
The staff is wonderful, usually runs on time, good communicators and are very caring. They do their best to have my primary nurse see me and call.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
IUI -$500 without meds IVF >$10,000 not including ultrasound, blood draws, HSG, Mock embryo transfer, and meds meds are usually $3,000-$6,000 each US about $250 each E2 $115 each progesterone draw $115.
I haven’t transferred yet, but the office provides information with studies on the topic and Dr. Young discussed it at length in the consultation as well as the IVF nurse in the prep prior to starting IVF.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I really liked him [Dr. James Young] in the beginning. He spent a lot of time with me and my husband. Then as I mentioned, I didn't see him once we started our 3 month treatment plan. And after 3 failed months of Femara, trigger shot and IUI's I haven't been back. Decided to take a small break then try again. They said we would meet with the doctor again for a new plan of action. But after my 3rd failed month and now 4 months since then, not one person or nurse has ever called to check on us and see if we wanted to make our next appointment and get a new treatment plan going. That's when I went from feeling human to feeling like a number. No one cares I guess, that's what it feels like. Just pay your bill and if you come back you come back. Ugh!
They have a good track record and doctors. That's why I went and will go again. They are close to me and well known. I trust them even though I have sometimes felt like a number. They know what they're doing so I can remove myself emotionally. It's expensive and you may leave feeling worse then when you started! I was so confused when one month I couldn't even have an IUI. I didn't even know that was an option. So make sure to ask lots of questions because some information was left out of our discussions because I'm assuming they thought I just knew.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I really liked him in the beginning. He spent a lot of time with me and my husband. Then as I mentioned, I didn't see him once we started our 3 month treatment plan. And after 3 failed months of Femara, trigger shot and IUI's I haven't been back. Decided to take a small break then try again. They said we would meet with the doctor again for a new plan of action. But after my 3rd failed month and now 4 months since then, not one person or nurse has ever called to check on us and see if we wanted to make our next appointment and get a new treatment plan going. That's when I went from feeling human to feeling like a number. No one cares I guess, that's what it feels like. Just pay your bill and if you come back you come back. Ugh!
Dot set deadlines when you'll be pregame. You'll just disappointed when it comes and go's. Be expectant but informed. Really ask all your questions and understand to your best during your first appointments. As I guess you're not guaranteed to see your doctor for awhile.
I didn't feel like a number initially. I saw Dr. Young in the beginning then for all my ultrasounds and IUI's I did now see him! Kind of crazy to me. After 3 failed months on Femara, 2 months I had failed IUI's and 1 month I couldn't do IUI because they think I ovulated early or late. But I never saw or spoke with Dr. Young once the treatment plan started. I don't like that.
I guess I'm not certain. Just that he said Femara and IUI was his opinion what was best for me during our first 3 month treatment plan. He said we would do 3 month treatment plans and if they didn't work we would re-visit and come up with the next plan. I did my research as well, but mostly trust his expert opinions.
They didn't do a bad job. Just did their job. Just went through the motions and wished me licked every time. Like ok see you next time. No big deal that I had 3 months of expensive failed treatments. They did well, nothing exceptional
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think it was around $200-250 just every time I stepped in the office. Which some appointments were not even necessary and could have take place with a phone call or email! We paid for mid-cycle ultrasounds and IUI's (separate cost for both my husband & I). Some appointments I paid for we're frustrating because like I mentioned, they weren't necessary and I left with no new information or the appointment was like 10 mins. Every single thing was a different cost. And I felt like some things my doctor could have provided under insurance. Like certain testing that was done in the very beginning. Like bliss work and ultrasounds. Being I had 3 miscarriages already, shouldn't my normal doctors have already done all the testing, blood work and ultrasounds? Why did it take 3 miscarriage and the fertility center and 5 years for me to be diagnosed with recurrent miscarriage and factor 5?! That's crazy to me

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
I felt like he actually knew about my history when he came in to see me for appointments, for the retrievals, and for the transfer. He took into account my diminished ovarian reserve and poor response to my first IVF (with another doctor) when recommending a protocol. He recommended doing a multi-cycle IVF to freeze as many embryos as possible before doing a transfer. I received a phone call from him after my positive HCG test, prior to my appointment. I received a phone call one evening from the nurse practitioner because she was "thinking about me" and wanted to suggest opening a different vial of medication because I might not need as much.
The clinic [The Fertility Center] had short waits. The longest I waited was 20 minutes. The office staff was helpful. The retrievals and transfer were performed at the clinic in Grand Rapids. It was nice to be taken care of by the actual clinic staff, rather than at a Surgi-Center. The clinic allows acupuncturists come in to perform an acupuncture treatment before and after the transfer.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young is very to the point and honest. He (indirectly) validated my concerns with my first doctor. Dr. Young answered all of my questions. He has a relaxed and calm demeanor, which was beneficial during the stress of fertility treatments! My husband felt very comfortable with Dr. Young and his course of treatment.
Ask questions, like you would with any doctor.
A multi-cycle IVF was recommended based on my AMH (1.16) and poor response to my first IVF (with a different clinic). I was NOT placed on birth control prior to beginning the cycle, which allowed my body to dictate the timeline. He recommended less medication. We paid a flat rate for 3 retrievals and 1 transfer. I was on Clomid for 5 days, and then I began Gonal-F (dosage dependent on follicles). My first retrieval resulted in 6 embryos. My second retrieval resulted in 8 embryos. We did not do a 3rd retrieval, as I had a good amount of embryos already. We did a Day 3 frozen transfer of 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with a singleton. I had a second sac; however, it did not develop past 5 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie )
Everyone was friendly and helpful. I got to know many of the staff throughout my visits. I felt like they cared about their patients. After each follicle monitoring, I met with a nurse practitioner or other care coordinator to discuss my plan. I received a phone call later that day, if anything changed. It was nice to meet with a person face-to-face rather than only speak to someone on the phone.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic had short waits. The longest I waited was 20 minutes. The office staff was helpful. The retrievals and transfer were performed at the clinic in Grand Rapids. It was nice to be taken care of by the actual clinic staff, rather than at a Surgi-Center. The clinic allows acupuncturists come in to perform an acupuncture treatment before and after the transfer.
IVF reserve spot: $1500 Multi-cycle IVF rate: $11,000 (3 retrievals, if needed, 1transfer) Anesthesia: $400 (x2) Ultrasounds: $283 per Bloodwork (some was covered by insurance- bloodwork done off-site at Kalamazoo office): $8 per Total without medication: $16,089
We were given information to help us make a decision. 1-2 were recommended, and we decided to do 2.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Young has always seemed to be very knowledgeable. He could be considered slightly awkward; he is pretty soft spoken. But he is honest, notices and acknowledges when things are or could be tough for my husband and I. He is very encouraging and positive and does take his time with each of us when we meet.... We started with cheaper and less invasive and then worked our way up. But he listened when we wanted to either slow the process or amp it up. He wanted us to be comfortable and confident and as relaxed as we can be on this journey.
All of the nurses [at The Fertility Center of MI] are great. Each doctor has a couple nurses for treatments that aren't ivf, and a nurse specifically for ivf. Everyone seems to work super well together and I have always felt like I have gotten very personal care and that they genuinely want what is best for us.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Look past his slight awkward quietness. He is kind and knowledgeable. Plus at this clinic, all the doctors seem to work together on things. I have been confident in all of his directions and direction changes that he has made for us. They made sense and we saw results.
He is patient and thorough. He also seems to be pretty perceptive and tries to have good, as normal as possible conversations along with the "work" discussions.
He explained all our options, gave his opinion on direction, and we took his advice. He adjusted accordingly when needed. We started with cheaper and less invasive and then worked our way up. But he listened when we wanted to either slow the process or amp it up. He wanted us to be comfortable and confident and as relaxed as we can be on this journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie S)
All of the nurses are great. Each doctor has a couple nurses for treatments that aren't ivf, and a nurse specifically for ivf. Everyone seems to work super well together and I have always felt like I have gotten very personal care and that they genuinely want what is best for us.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is rough sometimes with scheduleing for multiple reasons that unfortunately are managed as best they can be. We have almost no otger options for fertility treatment centers; these doctors work together at multiple locations hours apart. They do the best they can. And by the time you are coming to see them, you are willing to make your schedule wprk with thiers.
Over the last 2 years and multiple cycles of differing attempts, we've spent about $13,000
Based on what he already knew of our religious beliefs, this was only briefly discussed.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Young] poorly described the steps of our treatment. I...After our miscarriage - I wasn't contacted to talk about next steps...We sat down with Dr. Young and he quickly went through what we would do for treatment by scribbling upside down on a sheet of paper. He didn't talk about success rates or what might be causing us to not conceive naturally... I was actually more confused leaving the office... They don't always listen to you...
Weaknesses. 1. They [The Fertility Center] don't read your charts before calling you, and mistakenly told me everything was good when I was in fact having a miscarriage, I had to explain to the nurse why I was having a blood draw after coming in for my 6 week appointment and them not being able to find a heartbeat and tell her my HCG levels were dropping not increasing meaning I was going to miscarry. 2. They don't always listen to you....
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He poorly described the steps of our treatment. I knew more from friends who had been in our shoes than I did from our one visit with him. After our miscarriage - I wasn't contacted to talk about next steps.
Treat me like a person dealing with infertility, not someone who is paying you and try to get me out of the office as fast as possible.
We sat down with Dr. Young and he quickly went through what we would do for treatment by scribbling upside down on a sheet of paper. He didn't talk about success rates or what might be causing us to not conceive naturally. I had a couple friends who had been through what we were about to embark on. I knew more about the process from them than I learned from Dr. Young. I was actually more confused leaving the office. Luckily the nurses and schedulers were very helpful when scheduling appointments and telling me what I needed to do next. Additionally, we did an IUI which was successful, but then miscarried. We had to see a different doctor the day we found out we were having a miscarriage. Since then I haven't heard anything from Dr. Young (or the doctor we saw when we learned we were having a miscarriage) about our next steps. I feel like they only care about the money we pay for services, aside from that, they have no vested interest in their patients.
Some of the staff have been ok to work with. They answer questions and can read lab results. However, the day I called to get the results of my bloodwork - after coming in and finding out we may be having a miscarriage the nurse read me my HCG levels and told me everything looked great. Luckily, I knew where my levels should be if I were pregnant. I had to tell the nurse that my levels should be about 100x what they were. I told her this was a new round of HCG testing and that I originally had my levels done two weeks prior. She told me she thought this was my second reading, which I had to tell her it wasn't. She then asked me why I was having my hcg tested again - in which i had to TELL HER, while trying to hold it together, that I had come in for my 6 week appointment that morning and they couldn't find a heartbeat. She was frazzled and told me she understood and in that case I was indeed having a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The strength is that they will try to get you in as soon as possible and have early morning appointments for those who work full-time. Weaknesses. 1. They don't read your charts before calling you, and mistakenly told me everything was good when I was in fact having a miscarriage. 2. They don't always listen to you. I was certain I would ovulate on a Friday or Saturday and thought doing an IUI the following Monday would be too late, the nurse acted like I was crazy to think I would ovulate that soon and told me to take my injection Saturday PM. I again told her I was sure I would ovulate sooner, again she told me it was highly unlikely and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about, but told me to do OPK's so I would know. Sure enough I got a positive OPK the following day of my appoitment, a Friday morning. And got scheduled for an IUI that Saturday. If I hadn't known my body and been adament I may have wasted a ton of money on an IUI 2 days later than I needed it. My IUI I was able to get that Saturday morning was Successful! You don't really have any other options in the Grand Rapids area, unless you want to drive to Lansing, but the amount of appointments required makes that hard to do if you live in Greater GR.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I was very nervous going into TFC as my husband and I had been trying for 7+ years ...Dr. Young had me do a medication to induce a period (i can’t remember the name) and then chlomid after that. I was told when to take the ovidrel injection shot to make me ovulate. ... Dr. Young was extremely kind. ... Dr. Young tells you like it is. He is going to come up with the best plan to get you to your end goal.
I was very nervous going into TFC as my husband and I had been trying for 7+ years. All the staff were extremely friendly and helped make the process less nerve racking. ... Everyone is so friendly and compassionate to your situation. I wouldn’t change a thing. All of the staff from the check-in to check-out were marvelous. Everyone always had a smile on their face.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I was very nervous going into TFC as my husband and I had been trying for 7+ years. All the staff were extremely friendly and helped make the process less nerve racking. Dr. Young has explained that i should do a second hysterosalpingogram and when he could tell that i was visibly upset, he was able to ease my mind about it. I am so happy i listens because after that HSG, Dr. Young was able to help us come up with a good treatment plan and on our very first round of meds and injections we we blessed with our miracle baby! Avery is now 8 months old and as healthy as ever. This would have never happened without Dr. Young and the fertility center. We are forever thankful!
Dr. Young was extremely kind. He explained to me that i should get a second hysterosalpingogram and he could tell that i was visibly upset about having to go through that again and he talked me through it to put my mind at ease.
Dr. Young had me do a medication to induce a period (i can’t remember the name) and then chlomid after that. I was told when to take the ovidrel injection shot to make me ovulate. Then i went in for multiple ultrasounds of my ovaries so they could tell us when to do the timed intercourse. After our last ultrasound they told us when to do the times intercourse and then we were pregnant! On our first try!!
All the nurses were very friendly and helpful!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Everyone is so friendly and compassionate to your situation. I wouldn’t change a thing. All of the staff from the check-in to check-out were marvelous. Everyone always had a smile on their face. Dr. Young was so kind and helpful. My husband and so are forever greatful to Dr. Young and all of the staff at TFC for our miracle baby!
I was extremely surprised. My doctors bills leading up to TFC were way more than any i got from TFC
+ Read more- Read less

If you want a doctor who is knowledgeable and confident he is the doctor for you. If you want someone to make you feel warm and fuzzy, not so much.... He was patient and reassuring and did not brush us off like it wasn't a big deal. ...It was males based infertility so Dr. Young wanted to start off with a less aggressive treatment...At first I found him to be kind of cold but very informative. He told my husband and I the facts and didn't sugar coat. I like warm people, but when spending the kind of money we were about to and the emotional ride we about to get on I preferred having confidence in my chosen doctors ability and he gave me that 10 fold.
[Nursing Staff at The Fertility Center] They were very helpful and always available to answer any questions we had. They were not always warm which sometimes was hard because with all of the hormones I had surging through me I could have used a little more warmth from them... $14,000 ICSI and time lapse photography were all part of the cost....I had a bad fall shortly after becoming pregnant thought IVF. I called the clinic to ask what I should do and they patched us through to Dr. Young on a Sunday night. He was patient and reassuring and did not brush us off like it wasn't a big deal.
If you want a doctor who is knowledgeable and confident he is the doctor for you. If you want someone to make you feel warm and fuzzy, not so much. I had a bad fall shortly after becoming pregnant thought IVF. I called the clinic to ask what I should do and they patched us through to Dr. Young on a Sunday night. He was patient and reassuring and did not brush us off like it wasn't a big deal. He understands that this is hard and scary and he doesn't down play that. I felt like it was very important for my husband to feel comfortable with the Doctor we chose as much as I did, and he thought Dr. Young was fantastic. Gave him a lot of peace of mind.
At first I found him to be kind of cold but very informative. He told my husband and I the facts and didn't sugar coat. I like warm people, but when spending the kind of money we were about to and the emotional ride we about to get on I preferred having confidence in my chosen doctors ability and he gave me that 10 fold. As time went on and we moved from IUI to IVF he became more involved and was available for questions and concerns and made me feel very important.
It was males based infertility so Dr. Young wanted to start off with a less aggressive treatment. My husband and I started with a round of IUI and were unsuccessful but Dr. Young encouraged us to try at least 3 before moving on to IVF. We did two rounds of IUI and then decided to do IVF. We did a 2 month protocol (the long protocol) and had success.
$14,000 ICSI and time lapse photography were all part of the cost.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Young] is the best. Everyone at the clinic is. They actually care and love what they do. His demeanor and nature are both funny, honest, informative and direct...Dr. Young was always honest and realistic from day 1. After 4 failed attempts, he suggested I have a fibroid and a polyp removed. He did the procedure and in less than 2 months, I was pregnant. I consider him to be very intelligent as well as kind, hopeful, really funny and caring. Considering how invasive all the tests & procedures are, his demeanor is top notch. I always felt at ease.
I can't think of anything to improve on at the [The Fertility Center of Michigan] clinic. All of the staff are wonderful. They seem to care and enjoy what they do. I used a donor and I never once felt judged for that. All of the nurses were compassionate and helpful. My questions were always answered and my scrips filled on time. Scheduling was easy & usually very convenient with my work schedule.they are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They all know that time is of the essence
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is honest, caring, determined, open and very funny. He is not afraid to be emotional either, as I personally experienced. Dr. Young was always honest and realistic from day 1. After 4 failed attempts, he suggested I have a fibroid and a polyp removed. He did the procedure and in less than 2 months, I was pregnant. I consider him to be very intelligent as well as kind, hopeful, really funny and caring. Considering how invasive all the tests & procedures are, his demeanor is top notch. I always felt at ease. When it was time to transition to my OB, we had an exit interview. We both got emotional. You don't expect that from your Dr. I went back after the birth of my son, so he could meet our miracle :)
be prepared to listen, trust and do everything that he tells you
He is the best. Everyone at the clinic is. They actually care and love what they do. His demeanor and nature are both funny, honest, informative and direct.
IUI 2 and 3 were a combo of Femara and Ovidrel - didn't work IUI 4, 5 and 6 we switched to injections of Gonal F and Ovidrel. #6 worked. The rationale for being aggressive was because I started the process at age 39. I eventually conceived at 41.
I can't think of anything to improve on at the clinic. All of the staff are wonderful. They seem to care and enjoy what they do. I used a donor and I never once felt judged for that. All of the nurses were compassionate and helpful. My questions were always answered and my scrips filled on time. Scheduling was easy & usually very convenient with my work schedule.they are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They all know that time is of the essence
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
there is a wait every time you go but that is to be expected...They are pretty much the only game in town.
every treatment was around $1500 including visits, tests, drugs, etc.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Young was very thorough in explaining everything to us in a way we would understand. He breaks everything down so we know exactly what we will be dealing with. He knows what the end goal for us is and is helping us do whatever it takes to get there.... We did quite a few rounds of fertility medications, one round of injectable and two IUI treatments. All were unsuccessful so now we must move on to IVF.
The clinics strengths are that they [Fertility Ctr of Michigan] have a very professional and supportive staff. From the receptionist to the nurses and doctors, everyone is there for a common purpose of helping couples achieve pregnancy....All of the nurses at the clinic are very professional and so friendly. They understand the sensitive nature of their job so it is so great that they try to be positive for their patients (when it is sometimes hard for the patient themselves to be positive).
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Tell him everything you want to get out of your time at the clinic and express all concerns and fears.
Dr. Young gave us his undivided attention when addressing all of our concerns and fears.
We did quite a few rounds of fertility medications, one round of injectable and two IUI treatments. All were unsuccessful so now we must move on to IVF. Dr. Young gave many chances to get pregnant before having to move to the most invasive and expensive treatment.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinics strengths are that they have a very professional and supportive staff. From the receptionist to the nurses and doctors, everyone is there for a common purpose of helping couples achieve pregnancy.
I cannot remember exact costs of certain treatments but I do know part of the ultrasounds have been covered by our insurance. There is an office visit cost as well. All medications are out of pocket. The billing dept is pretty easy to deal with and you can make payments on your account.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Young] was kind but always straight to the point- which is what I wanted. He always gave his advice and allowed us time to process it and make the best decisions for us ... My situation was unexplainable infertility . Started with clomid 3 rounds - then took a break - 3 more rounds - then chlomid with injections 3 rounds - sperm test - 3 rounds IUI - then IVF ...
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are typically always on time . Quick, knowledgeable and understanding it’s an emotional journey . Billing lady is a little defensive. I’m sure she deals with a lot of people questioning their bill. However, if you call and ask her anything just expect her to sound annoyed with you and quick to defend herself rather then listen to you. ... [nursing staff] Always kind and efficient
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is black and white. I never felt like he just wanted our money. He educated us and told us his recommendation. His recommendation was typically the fastest route to a baby which is what we wanted. He didn’t make us try everything and waste all our money. He was specific with our situation.
He is not their to console you. Appreciate his knowledge and take his advice.
He was kind but always straight to the point- which is what I wanted. He always gave his advice and allowed us time to process it and make the best decisions for us.
Everyone’s situation is different. My situation was unexplainable infertility . Started with clomid 3 rounds - then took a break - 3 more rounds - then chlomid with injections 3 rounds - sperm test - 3 rounds IUI - then IVF
Always kind and efficient
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are typically always on time . Quick, knowledgeable and understanding it’s an emotional journey . Billing lady is a little defensive. I’m sure she deals with a lot of people questioning their bill. However, if you call and ask her anything just expect her to sound annoyed with you and quick to defend herself rather then listen to you.
Expensive. I don’t know exacts , lucky my insurance at the time covered some ultrasounds . I paid around $100 a visit $8,000+ in Meds $10,000 in treatments
I’m not sure my doctors approach ... he recommended to put two in. I did and after 4 embryos I have a healthy baby boy

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Young is slightly deadpan in his delivery or information. If you’re looking for someone who will tell you his honest opinion, he definitely will. It was comforting to me that he would tell me his thoughts or what would be beat for our treatment instead of laying out all the options and having me decide.... Know that you will not see him at every appointment. The clinic works so that whichever doctor is available is the one that sees you. They are all extremely capable.
I liked all the staff [at The Fertility Ctr of MI], the early hours they were open for appointments, and that they offered a counselor for free to any of their patients. I was slightly disappointed that they close at 3:30, but I understand that they have calls to make to IVF patients at that time.... IVF with FET was 13,000 at the fertility center, 4,000 for meds (not including meds for FET), and 6,000 to do genetic testing with an outside location.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young did a thorough job explaining our options to me. He helped us come to a decision to go forward with IVF.
I am in the middle of my IVF cycle now, so I am not sure the results yet. But I have appreciated that the medicine they wanted me to buy was almost exactly what I needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Everyone was extremely thorough and compassionate. I felt well cared for through every interaction.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I liked all the staff, the early hours they were open for appointments, and that they offered a counselor for free to any of their patients. I was slightly disappointed that they close at 3:30, but I understand that they have calls to make to IVF patients at that time.
+ Read more- Read less

Respectful, honest, and open. [Dr. Young] Answered all my questions. ... Wrote notes out for me, assisted me in coming up with the best plan. Gave me assurance when I had crazy questions and explained things to me in a way I could understand. Was real about my situation, allowed me to do things in my own timeline. Was available by phone. ... Glad I transferred 2 embryos. With the cost and my age. ...
More access to clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] by phone or email. Some of the treatment is time sensitive. Once I ran out of progesterone shots and some things were not early explained in advance by nurse staff. Just making sure Ivf prtocal is very well explained including pharmacy and injection information ... Nursing staff did not call in prescriptions timely on multiple occasions ...All the docs at the clinic I saw treated me kindly and with respect.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Respectful, honest, and open. Answered all my questions. Wouldn’t have a growing family without him. Wrote notes out for me, assisted me in coming up with the best plan. Gave me assurance when I had crazy questions and explained things to me in a way I could understand. Was real about my situation, allowed me to do things in my own timeline. Was available by phone.
Stay positive. Trust the process!
All the docs at the clinic I saw treated me kindly and with respect. This process was confusing and heartbreaking and I wouldn’t be pregnant with twins right now without these physicians. I support and respect all 4 of them.
Started with blood testing, hormones, etc, semen analysis. Moved in to fertility drugs, moved in to iuis, moved in to hsg and sono, removes uterine polyps and proceeded with one last iui before moving in to Ivf. Ivf was very successful for me. Currently 8 months pregnant with boy/girl
Most were compassionate and sometimes they wouldn’t answer or call back right away. Ivf nurses were better
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
More access to clinic by phone or email. Some of the treatment is time sensitive. Once I ran out of progesterone shots and some things were not early explained in advance by nurse staff. Just making sure Ivf prtocal is very well explained including pharmacy and injection information
Glad I transferred 2 embryos. With the cost and my age.

2011 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Dr. Young was so easy to talk to. He was understanding, and right to the point. Just what we needed.... Although we didn’t see him on every visit, he was very good at consulting us when needed, and setting a good plan. He explained all options and left us with our choice, and opinion on how to proceed.... After 5 IUI attempts, with clomid we then tried injections. After 2 rounds we decided (Dr. Young) that IVF would be our next option.
Very clean, organized and friendly. They [Fertility Ctr of Michigan] seemed to be a little overwhelmed with how busy the office was. We didn’t feel like just a number, but here were a lot of people in and out, and they didn’t remember our names, or anything . But understandable with their amount of people and clients.... Like most facilities, fertility treatments are expensive. They were open to the cost, and posted this prior to visits.
2011 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Although we didn’t see him on every visit, he was very good at consulting us when needed, and setting a good plan. He explained all options and left us with our choice, and opinion on how to proceed. Our visits didn’t lead to success, but we are hopeful that IVF will be the one that works, and we will definey go back to Dr. Young!!
Go into you appointment with an open mind. Set plans doesn’t always work, and it is easy to get discouraged. Let the expert guide you on your journey.
He suggested using clinics for a few treatments, although we had already done that for a few years. When several rounds didn’t work, we went on to Clomid and IUI. After 5 IUI attempts, with clomid we then tried injections. After 2 rounds we decided (Dr. Young) that IVF would be our next option.
They were very busy, but organized.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very clean, organized and friendly. They seemed to be a little overwhelmed with how busy the office was. We didn’t feel like just a number, but here were a lot of people in and out, and they didn’t remember our names, or anything . But understandable with their amount of people and clients.
He just mentioned that we should just choose multiple embryo transfer due to our age. He didn’t like to transfer less than 2.

2012 - 2014
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
[Dr Young possess an] absolutely great bedside manner and a wonderful doctor. He made me feel optimistic and well cared for. I would fly across the country to see him. I had a cyst aspirated twice, removed once, went through one failed IUI and one successful IVF. Dr Young was our primary Doctor but we also interacted with Dr Dodds. I even got lab results from the doctor at 9 pm one weeknight. I felt valued as a patient and made to feel like a priority....
The Fertility Center [of Michigan] as a whole was amazing. Every person we encountered was polite, respectful and helpful. Receptionists, nurses, doctors and lab staff greeted us by name, never made us feel rushed and wanted to make sure we understood exactly what was happening and (if possible) why....Whenever I called with a question (billing or medical) my called was returned that same day, usually within an hour or two. The doctors and nurses also made sure to tell us about the free counseling they provide for their patients and the support groups they host. My husband and I felt well taken care of there and they made this whole experience a little better.
2012 - 2014
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Absolutely great bedside manner and a wonderful doctor. He made me feel optimistic and well cared for. I would fly across the country to see him.
Take advantage of the counseling the clinic offers at no fee. This is such an emotional experience and the extra support is amazing. The entire staff at TFC is just great.
The Fertility Center as a whole was amazing. Every person we encountered was polite, respectful and helpful. Receptionists, nurses, doctors and lab staff greeted us by name, never made us feel rushed and wanted to make sure we understood exactly what was happening and (if possible) why. I had a cyst aspirated twice, removed once, went through one failed IUI and one successful IVF. Dr Young was our primary Doctor but we also interacted with Dr Dodds. I even got lab results from the doctor at 9 pm one weeknight. I felt valued as a patient and made to feel like a priority. Whenever I called with a question (billing or medical) my called was returned that same day, usually within an hour or two. The doctors and nurses also made sure to tell us about the free counseling they provide for their patients and the support groups they host. My husband and I felt well taken care of there and they made this whole experience a little better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Amazing nursing staff

2017 - 2019
He [Dr. James Young] is very knowledgeable and helpful...I underwent three months of femara and iui unsuccessfully. Then three with clomid that were unsuccessful. I moved on to ivf. My first retrieval did not go as planned. I had very few embryos. I can't remember the exact name of the protocol, but this next round we are going with the flare protocol... recommended multiple embryo transfer due to my age...was very calm and did a good job explaining procedures and answering my questions.
All the nursing staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] was amazing. Heidi was my favorite because she was the most understanding and compassionate...Always return calls in a timely manner. Willing to answer any questions and offer support when needed. They definitely go the distance for their patients. I feel very comfortable with them and appreciate their help...I underwent three months of femara and iui unsuccessfully. Then three with clomid that were unsuccessful. I moved on to ivf. My first retrieval did not go as planned. I had very few embryos. I can't remember the exact name of the protocol, but this next round we are going with the flare protocol.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Very calm and patient, almost too much so. Did a great job explaining procedures and answering any questions or concerns. I always felt safe and comfortable. If I was worried or nervous, he did a great job to ease my fears.
Ask questions about your treatment if you have them. He is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Dr. Young was very calm and did a good job explaining procedures and answering my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
All the nursing staff was amazing. Heidi was my favorite because she was the most understanding and compassionate.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very compassionate. Always return calls in a timely manner. Willing to answer any questions and offer support when needed. They definitely go the distance for their patients. I feel very comfortable with them and appreciate their help.
Most of my cost was out of pocket. Some treatments were covered by insurance.
My doctor recommended multiple embryo transfer due to my age. It made sense to me and I felt comfortable with his decision.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Young] is very caring and down to earth. Wants the best for us and truly wants to help.... He goes over every detail including the percentages/results from people my age with infertility issues and why he thinks we should try this. He wants to help us and get us results of a pregnancy. He truly cares about my husband and I.... First timed medicated cycle. I did gonel-f at 50 for 6 days and than ovudril after ultrasound/bloodwork said I was going to ovulate.
Very on top of everything. And always there to answer questions you have. Office staff [Fertility Center of Michigan] is always very friendly. And happy to help anytime you need it. No weaknesses. This office rocks. I definitely would tell a new patient to try to not be nervous. They truly want to help....Medicine cost was $40-$900 depending on my insurance. Ultrasound was half covered so that was $190. Bloodwork was covered. Office visit was $50
European, Other
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Nothing. He is a wonderful doctor.
He is very caring and down to earth. Wants the best for us and truly wants to help.
First timed medicated cycle. I did gonel-f at 50 for 6 days and than ovudril after ultrasound/bloodwork said I was going to ovulate. Second I did another medicated cycle. This time doing gonel-f at 75 for 7 days than the ultrasound/bloodwork. Than ovudril as directed
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy Brown)
Very informative & funny. Makes you feel better about the issues.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very on top of everything. And always there to answer questions you have. Office staff is always very friendly. And happy to help anytime you need it. No weaknesses. This office rocks. I definitely would tell a new patient to try to not be nervous. They truly want to help.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. James Young] has been great. I have had multiple changes in my plan due to firbroids and cysts but he always has a great plan in place. I am currently doing multi-cycle IVF to try to collect as many eggs as possible due to my low AMH. I was worried about it at first but Dr. Young has explained everything.... One round of timed intercourse with menopur. Now multi-cycle IVF. First round we did 300 of Gonal F and Lupron. Second round will be 450 Gonal F and Lupron.
The strengths [of The Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] would be how much all of the staff care from the front desk staff, billing, nurses, and the doctors. There is also an IVF line where you can call if you are an IVF patient and there is someone there to answer your questions.... I have had multiple changes in my plan due to firbroids and cysts but he always has a great plan in place. I am currently doing multi-cycle IVF to try to collect as many eggs as possible due to my low AMH.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He has been great. I have had multiple changes in my plan due to firbroids and cysts but he always has a great plan in place. I am currently doing multi-cycle IVF to try to collect as many eggs as possible due to my low AMH. I was worried about it at first but Dr. Young has explained everything.
Just to trust the process and ask a lot of questions!
This was our first experience with the IVF process. He explained the entire process and has been very caring and understanding.
We had some issues in the beginning but it’s because my protocol changes a couple times.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The strengths would be how much all of the staff care from the front desk staff, billing, nurses, and the doctors. There is also an IVF line where you can call if you are an IVF patient and there is someone there to answer your questions.
We are in the process currently.
+ Read more- Read less

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Young was very adamant in finding the cause of infertility with a variety of blood work, ultrasounds, and other exams. He was very conscious of our financial situation and worked with us. I think we need to strongly consider IVF. It was never pushed on us as we could only afford iui, but he was realistic and very forth coming as to what needs to happen next.... We did multiple iui's all medicated and with ultrasounds. He closely monitored ovulation with ultrasound.
They [Fertility Ctr of Michigan] treated us like family. They were very knowledgeable and easily accessible for any questions or concerns.... Strengths; their communication was great, cleanliness in their office and surrounding area, very informative and knowledgeable staff... seems like everyone works well with each other. Weaknesses; making appointments for new patients should be sooner.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Please document all treatments and test results so that your dr can better help you achieve your goals in a timely matter.
The staff was great and walked my husband and myself through every step.
They treated us like family. They were very knowledgeable and easily accessible for any questions or concerns.
Under $10,000
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Young was very patient with my many questions and made sure I knew exactly what to expect before moving on. He set up a road map of the steps we would take throughout our journey on our first meeting...We are now planning on laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis...Since I had already taken Clomid for 5 cycles we moved on to taking Femara on days 3-7 and taking Ovidrel on day 13 for 3 cycles. I also had an ultrasound on day 13 of each cycle to check on folicle production. The first cycle I had produced 3 large follicles, the 2nd only 2 good sized follicles and the 3rd, one good size and one small follicle.
The nursing staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] was very informative and always returned my phone calls in a timely manner...Ultrasound visits cost around $170. Visits with the Doctor were $190...The doctors and nurses at this clinic are very knowledgable and helpful...Since I had already taken Clomid for 5 cycles we moved on to taking Femara on days 3-7 and taking Ovidrel on day 13 for 3 cycles. I also had an ultrasound on day 13 of each cycle to check on folicle production. The first cycle I had produced 3 large follicles, the 2nd only 2 good sized follicles and the 3rd, one good size and one small follicle. None of these cycles resulted in pregnancy. We are now planning on laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be open and completely honest with your goals.
They treated me as an individual and was knowledgable of my case.
The nursing staff was very informative and always returned my phone calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The doctors and nurses at this clinic are very knowledgable and helpful. Unfortunately, this clinic did not accept my insurance so many procedures were expensive.
Ultrasound visits cost around $170. Visits with the Doctor were $190.
2012 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Young was great, he didn’t sugar coat anything, and gave us options without making us “spend money”. He was very personable, and easy to follow. Great doctor!... He described our scenario to us, using drawings to better describe and understand. While using others as examples, and what we could or should do with all of our options.... The whole team at the Fertility Center were fantastic. We always felt welcomed, and not just another number. Clean, and organized, as with well put together rooms. From the waiting room, to the clinician rooms, everything was well put together.
The whole team at the Fertility Center were fantastic. We always felt welcomed, and not just another number. Clean, and organized, as with well put together rooms. From the waiting room, to the clinician rooms, everything was well put together.... I wish there would have been more options for financial help/care. You paid before you left, and could not be billed. Cost were a average with other clinics.... Most of the nurses were warm, knowledgeable and helpful.
2012 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Go for it! Don’t wait, or hesitate. We waited, in fear of answers, but didn’t need to. Wish we would have went in sooner!
They were thorough, but busy as most nurses are.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Doctors, and atmosphere were great strengths. Most of the nurses were warm, knowledgeable and helpful. There was a nurse or 2 that were a little Flustered and overwhelmed. They seems rushed, and not very helpful with questions. The nurse phone line is always hard to get to. You have to wait for a call back.
We were told that with our age, and fertility issues on both sides, we should do a multiple embryo transfer.

2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I was in denial that I even needed to see a specialist. But once I met with him [Dr. Young], he didn't make me feel like it was a bad thing that I needed him. I so much hope when I left our very first meeting. I truly felt that after 5 miscarriages at that time, that we were going to be parents with his help!...I took femara 5mg on cycle days 3-7. On CD 13 I had a follicle scan where they found a large follicle that they were very pleased with. I was then given a shot of ovidrel in the office. Was told to have intercourse two days later. We got pregnant on the first cycle
I have nothing bad to say about this office [The Fertility Center]!...I felt very comfortable with the nurses. They knew that we had already been through so much heartache and made us feel at peace with the whole process....I thought they were much higher than they should have been. For a follicle scan...using the same exact machine as my ob does for an ultrasound, it was $184 not covered by insurance. And then, if you had to meet in the consult room for more than 5 min, it was another $68 I believe. For what we have already been through emotionally, I feel it was way over done.
2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I was in denial that I even needed to see a specialist. But once I met with him, he didn't make me feel like it was a bad thing that I needed him. I so much hope when I left our very first meeting. I truly felt that after 5 miscarriages at that time, that we were going to be parents with his help!
Trust him!!
I felt like he cared specifically for me and not for money.
I took femara 5mg on cycle days 3-7. On CD 13 I had a follicle scan where they found a large follicle that they were very pleased with. I was then given a shot of ovidrel in the office. Was told to have intercourse two days later. We got pregnant on the first cycle and now have a healthy 2 yr old!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have nothing bad to say about this office!
2012
Anovulation, Other
Dr. Young was very thorough with reviewing things and coming up with a plan of treatment. He made sure our questions were answered and had good bedside manner. He was very kind and also presented all the facts.... t was discovered that I have hypothyroidism, so treatment began immediately for that. Since I was not ovulating, we planned to do 3 cycles with Femara and Ovidrel, and if those were unsuccessful, we would move on to discuss other options. An ultrasound was done during the cycle to see how many eggs there were, the basic quality, and to determine when to do the Ovidrel shot. The first cycle was unsuccessful. The second cycle resulted in a twin pregnancy.
The clinic [Fertility Center of MI] was easy to find, professional looking, had a good layout, and was clean. There were pictures of babies that had resulted from the clinic, which could be sensitive for some, but could be encouraging for others.... The staff was wonderful. They were caring and answered any questions we had. They always showed respect.... The staff and Dr. Young were very caring and compassionate with every interaction.
2012
Anovulation, Other
Try not to lose hope.
It was discovered that I have hypothyroidism, so treatment began immediately for that. Since I was not ovulating, we planned to do 3 cycles with Femara and Ovidrel, and if those were unsuccessful, we would move on to discuss other options. An ultrasound was done during the cycle to see how many eggs there were, the basic quality, and to determine when to do the Ovidrel shot. The first cycle was unsuccessful. The second cycle resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic was easy to find, professional looking, had a good layout, and was clean. There were pictures of babies that had resulted from the clinic, which could be sensitive for some, but could be encouraging for others.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. James Young] seems to know his stuff yet didn’t make us feel super confident that we would get pregnant. When asked about further testing, he said there wasn’t much else they could do. He seems to care but we would appreciate more compassion... Clomid or femara Day 3-5 ultrasound Mid cycle ultrasound IUI day 12-15 Surgery to remove endometriosis No results
It took a long time to get in to see a doctor [at The Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids]. We waited 45 minutes to get into the doc on our first visit. When we got in, the nurses were great. It did not quite meet our expectations as we left feeling a bit discouraged as the main thing the doctor talked about was IVF.. Clomid or femara Day 3-5 ultrasound Mid cycle ultrasound IUI day 12-15 Surgery to remove endometriosis No results
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He seems to know his stuff yet didn’t make us feel super confident that we would get pregnant. When asked about further testing, he said there wasn’t much else they could do. He seems to care but we would appreciate more compassion
Don’t expect compassion
I felt it was all about meds and pushing IVF. There wasn’t much compassion encouraging me that they could help
They were nice and explained everything
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It took a long time to get in to see a doctor. We waited 45 minutes to get into the doc on our first visit. When we got in, the nurses were great. It did not quite meet our expectations as we left feeling a bit discouraged as the main thing the doctor talked about was IVF
I think the clinic is average as to what other clinics cost. They did a good job of helping us find cheaper medication
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. James Young] has a very laid back personality. Did not meet with him every time, but I did not mind because the other doctors and nurses were very friendly and willing to help. I appreciate that the wait time to see him was not super long.... He is always friendly and on time.... I love how they have such a large staff that they are able to go along with my cycle instead of messing with it to fit their time line. I just wished that the 4 IUI's and the IVF round would have worked.
I love how they have such a large staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] that they are able to go along with my cycle instead of messing with it to fit their time line. I just wished that the 4 IUI's and the IVF round would have worked.... He has a very laid back personality. Did not meet with him every time, but I did not mind because the other doctors and nurses were very friendly and willing to help. I appreciate that the wait time to see him was not super long.... He is always friendly and on time.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be patient & try not to get overwhelmed by the process, and the needles. All the many needles.
He is always friendly and on time.
I was on so many, I do not remember. I know I took Clomid, Femara, Gonal F, Progesterone shots in oil, ovidril, and a few others I cannot remember the names of.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Due to my insurance not covering anything, I have paid over $20,000 so far, out of pocket, for our treatments,
He wanted to transfer multiple embryos, and so did we.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Young has a flat affect, but we loved his dry humor, and he still had a decent bedside manner. He was always kind, just not extremely bubbly personality, more dry than Dr Dodds. He got us pregnant though! He was always professional, and honest with us about success chances. He was super aggressive with advancement of options to get pregnant, which we appreciated.
[The Fertility Center of MI- Grand Rapids] always made sure there was availability for appointments as you needed. must pay for everything up front. they definitely made sure you paid for everything before you started scheduling. some times you wouldn’t get phone calls back in the amount of time you had hoped or were promised. other than that, the staff was very caring, supportive, sensitive to your needs, and collaborated well with physicians
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
See past the dry humor, he really cares.
he was straight with us, but knew our goals and was set out to achieve them
I don’t recall specifics
Very sweet.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
always made sure there was availability for appointments as you needed. must pay for everything up front. they definitely made sure you paid for everything before you started scheduling. some times you wouldn’t get phone calls back in the amount of time you had hoped or were promised. other than that, the staff was very caring, supportive, sensitive to your needs, and collaborated well with physicians.
multiple got us pregnant with multiples!
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I have no weaknesses to report. The fertility center is amazing. All staff is always polite, kind and compassionate...The nursing staff and staff at the fertility center in general is amazing!...[Dr. James Young] is very patient but also straight forward and factual. I never feel confused when he is talking about treatment and what could come next...Although we are still not pregnant, dr young has been very clear each visit on what might come next, leaving no surprises for us. We love that he is very “to the point”. We have no doubt that he is setting our treatment plan in our best interest. Hoping we see a miracle soon...
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Like any patient going through infertility I would encourage they come with a set of questions for their doctor! It can all be very confusing and you want the answers while you’re able to speak with them versus when you’re at home with no one to answer the questions
Dr young is very patient but also straight forward and factual. I never feel confused when he is talking about treatment and what could come next.
AMH year in April showing positive for PCOS, first round ovidrol and Femara in May-, also hsg showing blocked right tube, in May one follicle, second round in June 2 follicles on blocked side, surgery in July to open tube, third round in August, 2 follicles on left side- right side open from surgery, fourth round September- midcycle ultrasound tomorrow
The nursing staff and staff at the fertility center in general is amazing!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have no weaknesses to report. The fertility center is amazing. All staff is always polite, kind and compassionate. As said before, as a new patient be prepared to come with a list of potential questions so you can be ready to get all the answers you’d been waiting for for so long!
Affordable. Insurance covers ultra sounds, meds are around 70 a month, and surgeries were what was costly. Hsg around 400 and laparoscopy around 2500

2014 - 2019
Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. James Young] is a very kind hearted person that my husband and i can talk to without feeling lots of grief when all we have in our mind is why? Why isn't anything working for us. He has went through many options with us to try and find some answers for us in our journey...When we would have appointments he would draw things out and explain word for word what we would expect and things he recommended we try...
the billing staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] along with dr. young has worked with me with my insurance to get some things covered as we know not a lot of fertility is covered. The staff has also given me a couple numbers for medications so im not paying hundreds of dollars on one month of something. They have been very easy with taking payments on things...Its very homey and you just feel very comfortable. There is a lot of privacy in all the rooms so you dont feel awkward. I like where its at because when you walk in you know everyone is there for the same thing.
2014 - 2019
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
When we would have appointments he would draw things out and explain word for word what we would expect and things he recommended we try. He knew that we did want to spend a lot of money because things are expansive so he told us different options to try first before jumping into spending thousands of dollars. He looked out for the best interest of my husband and myself. He knew our struggle as we had a miscarriage before all the fertilty treatments. He knows how bad we want to be parents and is trying to get that to happen and find the outcome as he knows it can happen.
Listen to him, he knows what hes talking about. He is not just your doctor. Hes a ear that will listen to you and give you advice and make sure its what YOU want for yourself. He wants to give eveyone the wish of becoming a parent.
He is a very kind hearted person that my husband and i can talk to without feeling lots of grief when all we have in our mind is why? Why isn't anything working for us. He has went through many options with us to try and find some answers for us in our journey.
When we met with Dr. Young we first went over everything that he needed to know we had been trying to conceive for a year. I was referred by my family doctor to him. We explained how we had a miscarriage 2 years prior to coming here. He went over different things and treaments for us. We decided to start on femara. That wasn't working so he suggested i do a HSG. We did that it came back that my one tube was clear and good. The other one they couldn't see at all. The doctor didnt know if i had one or if it was there but inflamed as i had a person training and i tensed up. I was on the femera for quite awhile so he then put me on clomid in addition to injections. That still wasnt working so he upped ny dose. My husband then was tested and it showed he motility was low. So he then had us do a iui along with my injections and clomid throughout the whole time being at the fertilty clinic he also had me take progesterone pills. We are now to the point of having a laperscopic surgery to get some more answers as to why we still cant conceive. We are hoping for some good news. In all of this he has expalined to us every bit of the procedure and what will go in my body. He has told us different over the counter medications for myself and my husband to take to also help with conceiving.
All the nursing staff are so nice. They definitely all have a heart. And some have been in the same position as myself and others. They are so easy to talk to and always have a smile on there face. They always try to make you feel better or put you in a good mood. They always know what to say when you may feel discouraged or feel like giving up. They are definitely there because they love there job.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think everything about this clinic is perfect. Its very homey and you just feel very comfortable. There is a lot of privacy in all the rooms so you dont feel awkward. I like where its at because when you walk in you know everyone is there for the same thing.
They had specific days and times that you needed to come in. It may have messed with my work schedule. But it had nothing to do with the place. Its just how our body works. I know there are many people going through what i am so i understand. There are only certain days we can be seen at the clinic but that is because thats when they will be able to see things better in our body because of the cycle day we are on our what it looks like for the month. You cant have a baby any day of the month and they know that, thats why they plan accordingly to your cycle and when is best for your body
Everything has been very expensive. But the billing staff along with dr. young has worked with me with my insurance to get some things covered as we know not a lot of fertility is covered. The staff has also given me a couple numbers for medications so im not paying hundreds of dollars on one month of something. They have been very easy with taking payments on things. The only thing i wish they did was payments on iui or ivf. Instead of needing money up front. It can get discouraging knowing your doing all this paying all this for a possibility a what if. And if it doesn't happen you spend that all over again. I wish there was better payment options like that.
He is very productive in what he does.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. James Young] listened to my concerns and what I was saying and going on with my body...He knew what he was talking about and was able to word it so then I understood what steps we were going to be doing. At each appointment he would explain in a way that made sense to me and my husband and we looked forward to seeing him at appointment and knew he would answer all of our questions that we had about the meds and timing with everything.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are amazing and very caring about their patience and they are very encouraging and able to talk to them about things that are on your mind...They are very caring and encourage of your well being and ask how you are as soon as you walk I to the office. They dont have any weakness that I see. The office is always clean and maintained. If you have something going on in your life that your struggling with and need a hug they will give you words of encouragement and a hug. They are awesome
Just go with the flow
He listened to my concerns and what I was saying and going on with my body.
So as of right now we are doing the ultrasound on day 3 or 4 of period then injection shots for 5 days then blood work and ultrasound one more day of gonal f injection shot then ovidil injection shot then intercourse the next 3 nights then start prtestrone on Friday April 19 then two weeks in home pregnancy test call with results. Supposed to do IUI but don't have the extra money right now for it.
They are amazing and very caring about their patience and they are very encouraging and able to talk to them about things that are on your mind
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
So we had to pay out of pocket for some of our ultrasounds some meds, all IUI if we did ivf office visit copays. Insurance did cover like 3 things office visits, ultrasounds and meds with copay
+ Read more- Read less

He was very thorough in explaining everything and telling us what the next course of treatment should be was very caring and compassionate as well I would recommend him...He treated me like a person explained everything thoroughly and didn't rush us through...He is very nice n will answer all type questions...He had my on clomid for an iui procedure to help produce multiple eggs wich ended in not getting pregnant due to my husbands low sperm count n low motility he then told us after the failed iui ivf was are next step
For the iui [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] it was roughly 800 after all the appointments and medications have not done ivf yet due to the high cost...They are all great caring and compassionate and explain everything thoroughly the office n staff are all great and very welcoming never had to wait long at my appointments and even brought me in on a Saturday for a test I needed done...They [nurses] were all great explaining everything caring and compassionate and if they did not know something they would go ask the Dr to get tyne answer
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He was very thorough in explaining everything and telling us what the next course of treatment should be was very caring and compassionate as well I would recommend him and all lol the other Dr's at the fertillity center
He is very nice n will answer all type questions
They were all great explaining everything caring and compassionate and if they did not know something they would go ask the Dr to get tyne answer
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
For the iui it was roughly 800 after all the appointments and medications have not done ivf yet due to the high cost

2012 - 2019
He [Dr. James Young] was so incredibly kind and caring and treated me like a person...He was very informative and compassionate with us and wanted to make sure he helped us in our very way he could. He explained in detail what would work for us and our chances of receiving pregnancy. Talked through the procedure and what to do and expect...I had cysts for a few months and one cycle needed to be canceled because there weren’t many follicles. We did another cycle and ER and ET resulting in a pregnancy.
[The nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan were] Very caring and compassionate...trustworthy staff. Everyone on the team is like and treats you like family. They want to know about you and help you in anyway they can. They are helpful in any questions you have or concerns you may have...I had cysts for a few months and one cycle needed to be canceled because there weren’t many follicles. We did another cycle and ER and ET resulting in a pregnancy.
How was your experience with James Young at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He truly cares for his patients
He was so incredibly kind and caring and treated me like a person.
Very caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very nice, caring, compassionate, trustworthy staff. Everyone on the team is like and treats you like family. They want to know about you and help you in anyway they can. They are helpful in any questions you have or concerns you may have.