5.8

Traverse City, MI 49684
3230 Eagle Park Drive NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Young treated me like a human being and not like a broken patient. He took time to ensure that I understood ad agreed with each of my treatment plan...I kept developing uterine polyps from the estrogen prime while we attempted to prepare for FET. After multiple removals I consulted with Dr. Young. We stopped estrogen and did a Femara protocol to shut down my estrogen. This worked and I was able to do a FET weeks later.
[issues with Fertility Center of Michigan] I would have to call for results, remind of tests the doctor wanted me to have, RXs were called in when I was allergic...We did a multi cycle IVF for around $12,000 add in what insurance didn't cover and it's closer to $20,000...I met nearly all nurses having been with the clinic for 2 years. Most are amazing...[Billing Dept.] sometime claiming I owed when it was part of a package
How was your experience with James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Young treated me like a human being and not like a broken patient. He took time to ensure that I understood ad agreed with each of my treatment plan. When I felt frustrated he sensed it and took extra time to reassure and educate me. When a doctor is passionate and authentic about their chosen field it's obvious. And Dr. Young is one of those doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Don't be afraid to come with questions because he will spend the time to explain and review with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Human. He took so much time to ensure I understood and agreed with the treatment plan.
Describe the protocols James Young (retired) used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I met nearly all nurses having been with the clinic for 2 years. Most are amazing. All are kind. Some more organized than others.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The administrative staff has some weaknesses. The billing Dept wasn't always friendly. I paid tens of thousands and it seemed they thought no was trying to skip out on paying a few hundred. Or sometime claiming I owed when it was part of a package. Their tone would become forceful. The nurses genuinely cares for me and some even reached out during the quarentine to check up on me. The office is clean and typically runs very efficently. The sonographers are also very important people at the clinic and were all amazingly kind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Describe James Young (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The quality of my embryos were suspect so we we froze all, each cycle, on day 2. We did not take them to day 5 prior to transfer and instead chose to transfer 2 good quality embroys.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Depending on the nurse I had during the that time, some being better than others, I would have to call for results, remind of tests the doctor wanted me to have, RXs were called in when I was allergic but overall, in the 2 years, these were few instances.

2015 - 2020, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Young is very dry, so if you need a touchy feely person, he is not the doctor for you. However, I like that personality, and I appreciated how matter of fact he was. While he didn't sugar coat anything, I felt he cared about me as a person and the heartbreak I was going through...I feel he always did what was best for us but allowed us to make the decisions...He truly cares about his patients.
The only weakness [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] is the hours. It would be nice if they were open later in the evening for ultrasounds and consultations. Everyone in the office is extremely personable, compassionate, and helpful. The Billing department has the best "customer service" I have ever received! They are so helpful when dealing with insurance companies and trying to pay for expensive procedures.
He truly cares about his patients.
I never felt rushed. Dr. Young always answered all of my questions, and when I would have a negative result, he personally called me to express how sorry he was at the result.
Oh man, what didn't we do? Dr. Young was always very upfront with the results and didn't sugar coat anything. After two failed IUIs, he ordered more testing for the sperm. Instead of allowing us to continue with IUIs, even though there was a chance, he recommended IVF as the best option. I feel he always did what was best for us but allowed us to make the decisions.
The nurses at the center are fantastic. When going through IVF, you get to know them well. The whole staff deeply care about their patients and want to make the experience has painless as possible. I know giving negative results isn't easy, but they do it with compassion and empathy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The only weakness is the hours. It would be nice if they were open later in the evening for ultrasounds and consultations. Everyone in the office is extremely personable, compassionate, and helpful. The Billing department has the best "customer service" I have ever received! They are so helpful when dealing with insurance companies and trying to pay for expensive procedures.
We were lucky and during our first procedure our insurance covered 50% of procedures. However, even with that, I'm certain we have spent over $20,000 over the course of our treatment.

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Young] helped guide us through the process of genetic testing and the services offered by the clinic...My husband and I were exploring the possibility of IVF to insure our child wouldn't inherit a potentially dangerous gene carried by my partner...helped us to determine that my husband was NOT carrying that gene...was discovered that I did in fact struggle with infertility...His confidence has inspired us to not lose hope that we may add a child to our family someday
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] is convenient because it offers multiple locations and the staff is always working hard to fit everyone in smoothly...The nursing staff is always adept at returning calls and communicating effectively. As the primary patient contacts, they are always thinking ahead...Only one minor inconvenience when my script was not sent in one month. Staff corrected the issue promptly and apologized
When we first met Dr. Young we had not anticipated infertility issues. My husband and I were exploring the possibility of IVF to insure our child wouldn't inherit a potentially dangerous gene carried by my partner. He helped guide us through the process of genetic testing and the services offered by the clinic. It helped us to determine that my husband was NOT carrying that gene after all. We were able to pivot smoothly when after a year it was discovered that I did in fact struggle with infertility after all. His confidence has inspired us to not lose hope that we may add a child to our family someday.
Be prepared and listen. Dr. Young is an excellent communicator, and I'm confident he can answer any question posed or at least work to find the answer.
Dr. Young and staff are always careful to treat their patients with dignity, respect, and sensitivity to the problems at hand. They do not see you as a number, or even a name - they see the whole person and treat the whole person.
Femara 2.5mg (1 round) - ineffective Femara 5mg (1 round) - ineffective Femara 7.5mg (6 rounds) - increase in follicle production every time. 1 successful conception ending in ectopic pregnancy. IVF - Referred but on hold due to Covid-19 pandemic.
The nursing staff is always adept at returning calls and communicating effectively. As the primary patient contacts, they are always thinking ahead and working hard to help their patients feel confident.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is convenient because it offers multiple locations and the staff is always working hard to fit everyone in smoothly. With fertility matters, treatment isn't always "black and white", but the clinic is very adept at remaining flexible to suit the client's needs.
Costs run about $300 - $400 per month for my follicle scans, consults, and meds.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Only one minor inconvenience when my script was not sent in one month. Staff corrected the issue promptly and apologized.
Kalamazoo

Dr. Young explained everything about our next steps in treatment in detail. He is straight to the point, but will answer any questions that you have. We never felt rushed in the appointment and were able to have all of our questions answered no matter how small it might be...He has so much knowledge...He discussed why previous treatments hadn’t worked and why he was recommending me to use oral medication and injectables. He discussed why my lab values and PCOS were affecting our fertility each month and how this new plan would help us overcome my medical issues. So far, I have not fallen pregnant, but I am positive that we will get the right treatment plan and positive pregnancy soon.
There are two nurses that I work with [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] every time I go into the office. They are both so compassionate and make me feel like they actually care about each cycle and helping us start our family. They help to explain the treatment plan from the doctor and answer any questions that I might have. I never feel rushed when I am in with my nurses...I don’t know if I have enough words to explain how much I have loved working with this clinic. The staff at the front desk remember me and my preferences, including that I like to pay my bill before I am seen, so that I can get back to work quicker. They are often running early for appointments. Everyone is friendly and caring and make me feel like I am being cared for every step of this journey. Scheduling is often quite easy with my work schedule. If I have to call and leave a message, someone is calling me back in less than an hour... This clinic has given me hope. Clinic Nps
Have a list of questions ready to ask Dr. Young. He has so much knowledge and was able to answer questions I wasn’t able to find from “Dr. Google”
Dr. Young sat down with my husband and I and explained my treatments in detail and kept asking if we had any questions or concerns throughout the whole visit. He truly listened to us and what we were looking for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
There are two nurses that I work with every time I go into the office. They are both so compassionate and make me feel like they actually care about each cycle and helping us start our family. They help to explain the treatment plan from the doctor and answer any questions that I might have. I never feel rushed when I am in with my nurses.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have copays for every visit with the doctor. I often have $20-40 to pay after insurance for my ultrasounds/screen-scans. Medication has ranged from $10 per cycle to $175 per cycle after insurance.
Kalamazoo

Dr. Young gave us lots of advice on what treatment options to pursue first and what was best for us. He never judged us for pursuing fertility treatments in our early twenties. My health was always his #1 priority and he would take possible concerns seriously...He encouraged us to try options that were not as financially difficult since we were so young and had only tried clomid before meeting him. He made us feel like we had control over what treatments we would be doing, yet we knew he would not put us in a situation that did not make sense. His humor and social skills are a bit dry, but he is so smart and knows what he is doing. He took time to get to know us and made sure we left the office knowing exactly what to do and what to expect. For our IVF cycle, he would not add more treatments to our plan without asking us and explaining the benefits. We have always trusted Dr. Young to help us make the best decisions for us to start our family. Although we did not see him at every visit, he was always available via phone if needed.
I had my retrieval but was close to overstimulation, so my fresh transfer was cancelled [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]...There are no words that could ever describe my love for the nursing staff...They are so compassionate and take the time to really explain our treatment plans. I have never left feeling overwhelmed or confused. They are so encouraging, yet realistic about what to expect. They have asked me what I expect and desire from them (blunt or straight to the point, talking it out vs. letting it sink in, etc). They truly are wonderful and so experienced.
Dr. Young has always taken us seriously from our first meeting. He encouraged us to try options that were not as financially difficult since we were so young and had only tried clomid before meeting him. He made us feel like we had control over what treatments we would be doing, yet we knew he would not put us in a situation that did not make sense. His humor and social skills are a bit dry, but he is so smart and knows what he is doing. He took time to get to know us and made sure we left the office knowing exactly what to do and what to expect. For our IVF cycle, he would not add more treatments to our plan without asking us and explaining the benefits. We have always trusted Dr. Young to help us make the best decisions for us to start our family. Although we did not see him at every visit, he was always available via phone if needed.
Trust that he will help you make the best decisions for your personal and unique situation. Also, that he may not seem as personable/warm in person, however his actions speak wonders of how much he cares and desires for his patients to start their families.
Although his social skills were a bit dry and awkward, Dr. Young gave us lots of advice on what treatment options to pursue first and what was best for us. He never judged us for pursuing fertility treatments in our early twenties. My health was always his #1 priority and he would take possible concerns seriously.
Dr. Young started me on metformin right away due to my pcos. I started at 1000mg and worked up to 1500mg. I continue to receive 6 month blood work checks for this med. When we first started at the fertility center, we had only tried 50mg, 100mg, and 150mg of clomid at our OBGYN. Dr Young suggested clomid along with metformin and ovidrel. We tried 100mg and 150mg, not timed intercourse with no success due to no follicle growth. He then suggested femara 7.5mg with ovidrel. I responded to that and tried that for a few months with timed intercourse. Eventually I did femara, ovidrel and IUI with no success for about 2 months. I then moved to injections (gonal f) and did this for a couple months with IUI with no success. When then decided on IVF. I had my retrieval but was close to overstimulation, so my fresh transfer was cancelled. Our frozen transfer is in October. Dr. Young told us after the first few months of IUIs, that we may need to look into IVF, but he never made us feel pressured to jump into it until we gave it a few more tries.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
There are no words that could ever describe my love for the nursing staff at The Fertility Center. They are so compassionate and take the time to really explain our treatment plans. I have never left feeling overwhelmed or confused. They are so encouraging, yet realistic about what to expect. They have asked me what I expect and desire from them (blunt or straight to the point, talking it out vs. letting it sink in, etc). They truly are wonderful and so experienced.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Everyone in the office, no matter the role, is friendly and compassionate. If you leave a message, they will get back with you in a timely manner. There is a lot that is not covered by most insurances, but that is not their fault personally, but it’s good to know going into it.
My ultrasound and blood work was covered by insurance. IUIs were about $500-$600. And IVF cost roughly $9,000 with the extra cost of FET at $2,000 and meds around $3,000. Time lapse photography was around the upper hundreds to $1,000.
Dr. Young told us the benefits and pros/cons of transferring 2 vs. 1. He let us decided based on our preference after educating us on our options.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There was only one time that I had gotten a phone call from a nurse that was supposed to go over my instructions. I had previously met with a nurse at the clinic and had my instructions written down, the phone call was to go over them one last time. The nurse on the phone was giving me different instructions (lower dosage than prescribed and wrong timing). After I said I did not think that was accurate she stated “let me open your chart.” It was concerning that she had called to go over meds, but implied that my chart had never been open to begin with. I complained to the clinic at my next visit, as my instructions were for a new cycle of gonal f, which is expensive medication to have it not work for a cycle.

2011 - 2018, Successful
We have been seeing Dr Young since 2011. He has always taken his time with us, explaining every little detail. He remembers what my husband and I do for a living and what we do for fun. When we lost our daughter at 19 weeks, he called us and shared his condolences. When our last FET failed, he was just as confused and sad that it didn’t work and ordered tests to make sure he wasn’t missing anything before we attempt our last transfer. I may cry in our talks, but I always end up smiling by the time I leave his office.
[Fertility Center of MI's] Weakness: The cost. We have some insurance coverage for treatment (meds, labs, ultrasounds, etc) but the IUIs, Retrieval and FETs all come out of pocket for us. They have a Family Building Fund, but you only if you make less than a certain amount of income, so we don’t qualify for help. Strengths: Everything else. This long, almost 8 year journey that we are still on has been more bearable because of the kind and compassionate care that we have received from everyone in the office
There is seriously nothing that My husband and I don’t like about Dr Young. He seems truly vested in us creating our family. When he is doing procedures he walks us through each step and often uses humor, which I appreciate. If there was one thing that I think needs to be improved upon is his handshake. It is very firm/confident and my husband always brings it up after our appts.
Tell him what your goals are and what your timeline is. He won’t make you rush into anything, but he will make sure that he looks into everything before suggesting major procedures
He was very patient with us. He put both my husband and I through testing, then we did some cycles on clomid. When those didnt work he ordered a hystosalpinogram to make sure my clear. When those weren’t successful, he suggested IUIs and we did 2-3 and when those weren’t successful he did laparoscopic surgery to see if there was anything getting in the way. We tried one more IUI before he suggested IVF with ICSI because of my husbands sperm issues
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie S, Julie M, and Ashley)
All of the nurses that I have interacted with have been amazing. Kind, caring, answering all of my questions and returning calls in an incredibly timely manner. They have made this whole journey incredibly more tolerable
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Over the course of our 8 year journey, we have probably spent close to $30,000 to $40,000 out of pocket
Dr Young had us transfer 2 each time and we were good with that. He always explained multiples were possible and the dangers of that, but the rewards out-weighed the risks for us

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Young (and other doctors at this office) have always treated me well. They listen to my questions and concerns and address them wuth kindness, patience and understanding. I can't imagine going through this with any other doctor.... He has a dry sense of humor which always makes me smile. He and his wife also went through fertility treatments which give a better understanding of what a patient is going through.
This clinic [Fertility Ctr of Michigan] is amazing. They go above and beyond to communicate with patients and ensure quailty care. Infertility is difficult, and the staff at this clinic make it bearable. One weakness is that certain appointments can only be scheduled at certain a time of day, which is not always convenient.... A round of IUI was generally atounf $1,500 and IVF was around $9,000. You can apply for the Assured program, which costs around $19,000 and you get up to 3 IVF cycles, if they are all unsuccessful you get almost all of your money back.
Dr. Young is kind and understanding. He has a dry sense of humor which always makes me smile. He and his wife also went through fertility treatments which give a better understanding of what a patient is going through.
Ask questions. He likes Ohio State, so you have to look past that flaw. (Go Blue!)
Early on, we used a medication that had the opposite affect on my system, this was adjusted for the next cycle. This was more successful. It's difficult to remember all of the things we have done. Dr. Young was always very honest with us. I felt that he gave us all the facts and helped us to make decisions based on our personal case.
I love the nursing staff. They are very knowledge and go the extra mile to make sure patients are fully prepared throughout the process.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
This clinic is amazing. They go above and beyond to communicate with patients and ensure quailty care. Infertility is difficult, and the staff at this clinic make it bearable. One weakness is that certain appointments can only be scheduled at certain a time of day, which is not always convenient.
Grand Rapids

He [Dr. James Young] evaluated my past before I came in and knew what tests to run to find the problem. He explains things in terms that we can understand... definitely took his time with us when we would meet to discuss plans. He didn’t rush us out of his office to get on to the next patient. He seems to care about his patients and their past...resulted in 4 eggs retrieved, one embryo frozen (Grade 3). About to start another cycle with same meds but add clomid on day one. We will be doing PGD testing which is why we froze the one embryo.
They [the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] know the protocols and if they were unsure how to proceed they would always let me know they would ask the Dr and let me know that day. I always knew what was happening. If I had any questions they would explain everything very well...Paid $10,500 for first cycle and $3000 for the next 2 (multi cycle discount up to 3 cycles). Medications cost $130 for first cycle.
At first he seemed quiet and I wasn’t sure what to think of him, but towards the end of our first appointment I knew he was very good at his job just by what he was explaining to us. He evaluated my past before I came in and knew what tests to run to find the problem. He explains things in terms that we can understand.
Ask questions if you are unsure.
I feel like Dr. Young definitely took his time with us when we would meet to discuss plans. He didn’t rush us out of his office to get on to the next patient. He seems to care about his patients and their past.
First cycle used fermara only. Resulted in a pregnancy that ended at 16.5 weeks, no reason found. Second cycle used 375 Gonal F And 75 menopur for about 9 days (ganirelix and HCG shot towards the end also) resulted in 4 eggs retrieved, one embryo frozen (Grade 3). About to start another cycle with same meds but add clomid on day one. We will be doing PGD testing which is why we froze the one embryo.
They know the protocols and if they were unsure how to proceed they would always let me know they would ask the Dr and let me know that day. I always knew what was happening. If I had any questions they would explain everything very well.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Organized, helpful, compassionate workers. Front desk staff very helpful and work with your schedule. So far my experience has only been good there. They get you in quickly and there isn’t much of a wait at any appointment.
My insurance covers all ultrasounds and 4 estrogen blood draws a month. Paid $10,500 for first cycle and $3000 for the next 2 (multi cycle discount up to 3 cycles). Medications cost $130 for first cycle. Office visits were covered by my insurance.
The Dr. seems to want to transfer 2 for our case as I have trouble carrying them so the hope is that at least one will stick.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Young helped us understand the process and all of our options. We had a lot to learn about unexplained infertility and how to maximize our chances of achieving a successful pregnancy, and Dr. Young patiently helped us with that...Dr. Young suggested we consider using donor embryos...2 donor embryos we're thawed, only one survived the thaw. Dr. Young told us it was a very healthy embryo, so chances of implantation we're good. Unfortunately, the cycle ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Young suggested we try another IVF cycle using donor embryos and select a donor with more embryos available. We are scheduled for a second donor embryo transfer in April.
The entire team of doctors, nurses and office staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are always willing to help with any questions or concerns we have. We feel well cared for and accommodated with every visit...All of the nurses we encountered were helpful in explaining everything (i.e. timelines, administration of medications, the "what ifs"). If we had a question, they would respond in a timely manner. When the cycles didn't have the outcome we hoped for, they were compassionate and sympathetic. We are extremely happy with the care they have provided thus far.
When we first got married, we never imagined that it would be so difficult to have a baby. Dr. Young helped us understand the process and all of our options. We had a lot to learn about unexplained infertility and how to maximize our chances of achieving a successful pregnancy, and Dr. Young patiently helped us with that.
Trust in the process.
Dr. Young was very personable, informamativ, and professional throughout our entire journey so far. He has made us feel at ease and confident in his abilities. Although the process has been trying at times, we are glad that Dr. Young has been there to help us.
Dr. Young tried several different strategies and protocols throughout our journey. First, he tried 100mg of Clomid with Ovidril trigger shot, we attempted 3 cycles of this. Then we did a couple of cycles with Clomid, Follistim and Ovidril. None of these cycles resulted in pregnancy. Third, we attempted to do an IVF cycle using the luteal suppression protocol (Lupron and Gonal-F medications). Only one follicle matured, the cycle was cancelled. Since only one follicle matured with the first IVF cycle, Dr. Young recommended we attempt multi-cycle IVF. If he was able to retrieve one or two eggs each cycle, hopefully there would be enough embryos to transfer after the second or third retrieval. The first cycle of the multi-cycle IVF protocol ended up being cancelled due to no mature follicles. At that point Dr. Young suggested we consider using donor embryos. Because it was the most viable option for us financially at that point, we agreed. In January 2018, 2 donor embryos we're thawed, only one survived the thaw. Dr. Young told us it was a very healthy embryo, so chances of implantation we're good. Unfortunately, the cycle ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Young suggested we try another IVF cycle using donor embryos and select a donor with more embryos available. We are scheduled for a second donor embryo transfer in April.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin Strouse)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The entire team of doctors, nurses and office staff are always willing to help with any questions or concerns we have. We feel well cared for and accommodated with every visit. We would like new patients to know that patience is important as they begin their infertility treatment. Also don't hesitate to ask questions even if they seem trivial.
Donor Embryo Transfer: Case Management Fee: $2,225.00 Bundled Fees (testing/screening/program maintenance, profile preparation, record review, MD evaluation, interdisciplinary ART meeting, appointment with Social Worker): $4,000.00 Vaginal Ultrasound: $295.00 Preparation of Cryopreserved Emryos: $1,000.00 Embryo Transfer: $1,025.00 Abdominal Ultrasound: $215.00 Medication: $500.00

2015 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. Young] asks personal real life questions. Not all “doctor” stuff. He sat with both my husband and I, and I didn’t feel “rushed”. It is genuine. He’s funny and kind. He talks about his life to so it’s a mutual connection. Humans need connection in life and he provides this. ... He gives guidance on what to change and his knowledge on how to move on to the next step when the last IUI’s failed. ...
When you walk in the front desk [Fertility Center of Michigan] is fast and to the point to get you signed in. ... My IUI that I had performed NOT by dr young was different then how he did it. ... So consistency was off. ... The nurses are thorough and let you know what the need you to do. They help you to relax and answer any questions you have. ... $500 for IUI ...
James is a good doctor. He explains the good and the bad. He gives guidance on what to change and his knowledge on how to move on to the next step when the last IUI’s failed. He has improved being relational sense 2014 vists.
Confident.
He asks personal real life questions. Not all “doctor” stuff. He sat with both my husband and I, and I didn’t feel “rushed”. It is genuine. He’s funny and kind. He talks about his life to so it’s a mutual connection. Humans need connection in life and he provides this.
First cycle- femara 2.5mg pills cycle day 3-7. Had four mature eggs. I have one daughter from this cycle. Sencond cycle I was put on femara 2.5mg cycle day 3-7 only produce ONE egg. We backed out of the IUI. Third cycle dr young bumped my femara as I only produced one egg last time using 5mg cycle day 3-7 and had four mature eggs. IUI failed Fourth cycle femara 7.5 cycle day 3-7 had four mature eggs. IUI failed.
Fun enjoyable nice kind knowledgeable
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
When you walk in the front desk is fast and to the point to get you signed in. The nurses are thorough and let you know what the need you to do. They help you to relax and answer any questions you have. One weakness is that one lady in my follow up ultrasound assumes that we had fresh sperm when we ONLY have frozen viles which made me question if she knew what she was doing and made me feel uneasey about having my IUI done. My IUI that I had performed NOT by dr young was different then how he did it. So that was odd. He put a sponge thing to hold in sperm and the other IUI did not have that. So consistency was off.
$500 for IUI
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Young] was very informative, but yet described things in ways we understood easily. We felt he genuinely cared about our situation. We never felt rushed, and he calmly took all the time we needed during our appointments. After the loss of one of our babies, Dr. Young gave us hugs and was professional and also emotional right along with us...
I have never been anywhere where everyone was so friendly and happy. We love that they were always willing to work with our schedules and greeted us by name upon arrival. They offered us beverages as well as a shoulder to cry on. They prayed with us and celebrated with us. We love our TFC family!...everything was always broke down for us and we were able to make payments that worked for us
He is a caring and friendly person. He gave us hope, when our success rate was so low. He took all the time we needed, and never made us feel rushed. We didn't feel like we were at a typical medical facility, we felt like we were being treated by friends or family.
Never ever give up hope, miracles do happen and Dr. Young can help you get closer to your dream.
From the moment we met him, he was warm and kind. He was very informative, but yet described things in ways we understood easily. We felt he genuinely cared about our situation. We never felt rushed, and he calmly took all the time we needed during our appointments. After the loss of one of our babies, Dr. Young gave us hugs and was professional and also emotional right along with us. He talked to us about the power of prayer, which meant the world to us. We felt like family and not just another patient.
Our infertility journey started 12 years ago. We dealt with several different doctors before hearing about Dr. Young. We have gone through countless rounds of clomid, pills, shots, tests, procedures surgeries...you name it. Nothing worked. We had given up all hope until we met Dr. Young. He convinced us to try one more time, and that one more time led us to our son!
They were so sweet. Greeted us at the door with a smile, and showed great compassion in our sorrow. They celebrated us when we achieved pregnancy. They were wonderful!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It was pretty expensive, but the costs were less than we had assumed. Although I cannot remember the exact costs, everything was always broke down for us and we were able to make payments that worked for us.
Kalamazoo

I felt like he actually knew about my history when he came in to see me for appointments, for the retrievals, and for the transfer. He took into account my diminished ovarian reserve and poor response to my first IVF (with another doctor) when recommending a protocol. He recommended doing a multi-cycle IVF to freeze as many embryos as possible before doing a transfer. I received a phone call from him after my positive HCG test, prior to my appointment. I received a phone call one evening from the nurse practitioner because she was "thinking about me" and wanted to suggest opening a different vial of medication because I might not need as much.
The clinic [The Fertility Center] had short waits. The longest I waited was 20 minutes. The office staff was helpful. The retrievals and transfer were performed at the clinic in Grand Rapids. It was nice to be taken care of by the actual clinic staff, rather than at a Surgi-Center. The clinic allows acupuncturists come in to perform an acupuncture treatment before and after the transfer.
Dr. Young is very to the point and honest. He (indirectly) validated my concerns with my first doctor. Dr. Young answered all of my questions. He has a relaxed and calm demeanor, which was beneficial during the stress of fertility treatments! My husband felt very comfortable with Dr. Young and his course of treatment.
Ask questions, like you would with any doctor.
A multi-cycle IVF was recommended based on my AMH (1.16) and poor response to my first IVF (with a different clinic). I was NOT placed on birth control prior to beginning the cycle, which allowed my body to dictate the timeline. He recommended less medication. We paid a flat rate for 3 retrievals and 1 transfer. I was on Clomid for 5 days, and then I began Gonal-F (dosage dependent on follicles). My first retrieval resulted in 6 embryos. My second retrieval resulted in 8 embryos. We did not do a 3rd retrieval, as I had a good amount of embryos already. We did a Day 3 frozen transfer of 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with a singleton. I had a second sac; however, it did not develop past 5 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie )
Everyone was friendly and helpful. I got to know many of the staff throughout my visits. I felt like they cared about their patients. After each follicle monitoring, I met with a nurse practitioner or other care coordinator to discuss my plan. I received a phone call later that day, if anything changed. It was nice to meet with a person face-to-face rather than only speak to someone on the phone.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic had short waits. The longest I waited was 20 minutes. The office staff was helpful. The retrievals and transfer were performed at the clinic in Grand Rapids. It was nice to be taken care of by the actual clinic staff, rather than at a Surgi-Center. The clinic allows acupuncturists come in to perform an acupuncture treatment before and after the transfer.
IVF reserve spot: $1500 Multi-cycle IVF rate: $11,000 (3 retrievals, if needed, 1transfer) Anesthesia: $400 (x2) Ultrasounds: $283 per Bloodwork (some was covered by insurance- bloodwork done off-site at Kalamazoo office): $8 per Total without medication: $16,089
We were given information to help us make a decision. 1-2 were recommended, and we decided to do 2.
2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Young] is the best. Everyone at the clinic is. They actually care and love what they do. His demeanor and nature are both funny, honest, informative and direct...Dr. Young was always honest and realistic from day 1. After 4 failed attempts, he suggested I have a fibroid and a polyp removed. He did the procedure and in less than 2 months, I was pregnant. I consider him to be very intelligent as well as kind, hopeful, really funny and caring. Considering how invasive all the tests & procedures are, his demeanor is top notch. I always felt at ease.
I can't think of anything to improve on at the [The Fertility Center of Michigan] clinic. All of the staff are wonderful. They seem to care and enjoy what they do. I used a donor and I never once felt judged for that. All of the nurses were compassionate and helpful. My questions were always answered and my scrips filled on time. Scheduling was easy & usually very convenient with my work schedule.they are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They all know that time is of the essence
He is honest, caring, determined, open and very funny. He is not afraid to be emotional either, as I personally experienced. Dr. Young was always honest and realistic from day 1. After 4 failed attempts, he suggested I have a fibroid and a polyp removed. He did the procedure and in less than 2 months, I was pregnant. I consider him to be very intelligent as well as kind, hopeful, really funny and caring. Considering how invasive all the tests & procedures are, his demeanor is top notch. I always felt at ease. When it was time to transition to my OB, we had an exit interview. We both got emotional. You don't expect that from your Dr. I went back after the birth of my son, so he could meet our miracle :)
be prepared to listen, trust and do everything that he tells you
He is the best. Everyone at the clinic is. They actually care and love what they do. His demeanor and nature are both funny, honest, informative and direct.
IUI 2 and 3 were a combo of Femara and Ovidrel - didn't work IUI 4, 5 and 6 we switched to injections of Gonal F and Ovidrel. #6 worked. The rationale for being aggressive was because I started the process at age 39. I eventually conceived at 41.
I can't think of anything to improve on at the clinic. All of the staff are wonderful. They seem to care and enjoy what they do. I used a donor and I never once felt judged for that. All of the nurses were compassionate and helpful. My questions were always answered and my scrips filled on time. Scheduling was easy & usually very convenient with my work schedule.they are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They all know that time is of the essence
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
there is a wait every time you go but that is to be expected...They are pretty much the only game in town.
every treatment was around $1500 including visits, tests, drugs, etc.

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Young] was kind but always straight to the point- which is what I wanted. He always gave his advice and allowed us time to process it and make the best decisions for us ... My situation was unexplainable infertility . Started with clomid 3 rounds - then took a break - 3 more rounds - then chlomid with injections 3 rounds - sperm test - 3 rounds IUI - then IVF ...
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are typically always on time . Quick, knowledgeable and understanding it’s an emotional journey . Billing lady is a little defensive. I’m sure she deals with a lot of people questioning their bill. However, if you call and ask her anything just expect her to sound annoyed with you and quick to defend herself rather then listen to you. ... [nursing staff] Always kind and efficient
He is black and white. I never felt like he just wanted our money. He educated us and told us his recommendation. His recommendation was typically the fastest route to a baby which is what we wanted. He didn’t make us try everything and waste all our money. He was specific with our situation.
He is not their to console you. Appreciate his knowledge and take his advice.
He was kind but always straight to the point- which is what I wanted. He always gave his advice and allowed us time to process it and make the best decisions for us.
Everyone’s situation is different. My situation was unexplainable infertility . Started with clomid 3 rounds - then took a break - 3 more rounds - then chlomid with injections 3 rounds - sperm test - 3 rounds IUI - then IVF
Always kind and efficient
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are typically always on time . Quick, knowledgeable and understanding it’s an emotional journey . Billing lady is a little defensive. I’m sure she deals with a lot of people questioning their bill. However, if you call and ask her anything just expect her to sound annoyed with you and quick to defend herself rather then listen to you.
Expensive. I don’t know exacts , lucky my insurance at the time covered some ultrasounds . I paid around $100 a visit $8,000+ in Meds $10,000 in treatments
I’m not sure my doctors approach ... he recommended to put two in. I did and after 4 embryos I have a healthy baby boy
Grand Rapids
Respectful, honest, and open. [Dr. Young] Answered all my questions. ... Wrote notes out for me, assisted me in coming up with the best plan. Gave me assurance when I had crazy questions and explained things to me in a way I could understand. Was real about my situation, allowed me to do things in my own timeline. Was available by phone. ... Glad I transferred 2 embryos. With the cost and my age. ...
More access to clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] by phone or email. Some of the treatment is time sensitive. Once I ran out of progesterone shots and some things were not early explained in advance by nurse staff. Just making sure Ivf prtocal is very well explained including pharmacy and injection information ... Nursing staff did not call in prescriptions timely on multiple occasions ...All the docs at the clinic I saw treated me kindly and with respect.
Respectful, honest, and open. Answered all my questions. Wouldn’t have a growing family without him. Wrote notes out for me, assisted me in coming up with the best plan. Gave me assurance when I had crazy questions and explained things to me in a way I could understand. Was real about my situation, allowed me to do things in my own timeline. Was available by phone.
Stay positive. Trust the process!
All the docs at the clinic I saw treated me kindly and with respect. This process was confusing and heartbreaking and I wouldn’t be pregnant with twins right now without these physicians. I support and respect all 4 of them.
Started with blood testing, hormones, etc, semen analysis. Moved in to fertility drugs, moved in to iuis, moved in to hsg and sono, removes uterine polyps and proceeded with one last iui before moving in to Ivf. Ivf was very successful for me. Currently 8 months pregnant with boy/girl
Most were compassionate and sometimes they wouldn’t answer or call back right away. Ivf nurses were better
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
More access to clinic by phone or email. Some of the treatment is time sensitive. Once I ran out of progesterone shots and some things were not early explained in advance by nurse staff. Just making sure Ivf prtocal is very well explained including pharmacy and injection information
Glad I transferred 2 embryos. With the cost and my age.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Nursing staff did not call in prescriptions timely on multiple occasions
2012 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Young was great, he didn’t sugar coat anything, and gave us options without making us “spend money”. He was very personable, and easy to follow. Great doctor!... He described our scenario to us, using drawings to better describe and understand. While using others as examples, and what we could or should do with all of our options.... The whole team at the Fertility Center were fantastic. We always felt welcomed, and not just another number. Clean, and organized, as with well put together rooms. From the waiting room, to the clinician rooms, everything was well put together.
The whole team at the Fertility Center were fantastic. We always felt welcomed, and not just another number. Clean, and organized, as with well put together rooms. From the waiting room, to the clinician rooms, everything was well put together.... I wish there would have been more options for financial help/care. You paid before you left, and could not be billed. Cost were a average with other clinics.... Most of the nurses were warm, knowledgeable and helpful.
Go for it! Don’t wait, or hesitate. We waited, in fear of answers, but didn’t need to. Wish we would have went in sooner!
They were thorough, but busy as most nurses are.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Doctors, and atmosphere were great strengths. Most of the nurses were warm, knowledgeable and helpful. There was a nurse or 2 that were a little Flustered and overwhelmed. They seems rushed, and not very helpful with questions. The nurse phone line is always hard to get to. You have to wait for a call back.
We were told that with our age, and fertility issues on both sides, we should do a multiple embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There was 1 time we didn’t get an appointment schedule correctly, and had to come at a different time.
2011 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Young was so easy to talk to. He was understanding, and right to the point. Just what we needed.... Although we didn’t see him on every visit, he was very good at consulting us when needed, and setting a good plan. He explained all options and left us with our choice, and opinion on how to proceed.... After 5 IUI attempts, with clomid we then tried injections. After 2 rounds we decided (Dr. Young) that IVF would be our next option.
Very clean, organized and friendly. They [Fertility Ctr of Michigan] seemed to be a little overwhelmed with how busy the office was. We didn’t feel like just a number, but here were a lot of people in and out, and they didn’t remember our names, or anything . But understandable with their amount of people and clients.... Like most facilities, fertility treatments are expensive. They were open to the cost, and posted this prior to visits.
Although we didn’t see him on every visit, he was very good at consulting us when needed, and setting a good plan. He explained all options and left us with our choice, and opinion on how to proceed. Our visits didn’t lead to success, but we are hopeful that IVF will be the one that works, and we will definey go back to Dr. Young!!
Go into you appointment with an open mind. Set plans doesn’t always work, and it is easy to get discouraged. Let the expert guide you on your journey.
He suggested using clinics for a few treatments, although we had already done that for a few years. When several rounds didn’t work, we went on to Clomid and IUI. After 5 IUI attempts, with clomid we then tried injections. After 2 rounds we decided (Dr. Young) that IVF would be our next option.
They were very busy, but organized.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very clean, organized and friendly. They seemed to be a little overwhelmed with how busy the office was. We didn’t feel like just a number, but here were a lot of people in and out, and they didn’t remember our names, or anything . But understandable with their amount of people and clients.
He just mentioned that we should just choose multiple embryo transfer due to our age. He didn’t like to transfer less than 2.
2012 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Young was very thorough with telling us our options and the risks and chances we had with conception. He always seemed up-to-date with the technology and techniques. He was warm and helpful to both me and my husband ... He was very personable and we felt like we were the most important patient when were sitting in front of him. ... At first he seems to be very serious and to the point, but he warms up the more you see him.
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] don't make you wait in the waiting room for too long. .... They were all compassionate and knew that it was a tough time for us. They explained everything in detail. They were very professional. ... The only problem I had was a patient and her husband had their 2 year old with them and they stood in the waiting room looking at new ultrasound pictures showing a pregnancy. ... While it wasn't the fault of the clinic totally, I wish they did something to either keep it away from patients who are sensitive or remind the patients that there are still sensitive patients.
Dr. Young was very thorough with telling us our options and the risks and chances we had with conception. He always seemed up-to-date with the technology and techniques. He was warm and helpful to both me and my husband.
That he is a good doctor. At first he seems to be very serious and to the point, but he warms up the more you see him.
I don't remember. I do remember that there were a few things changes from the first retrieval cycle and the second.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They don't make you wait in the waiting room for too long. The only problem I had was a patient and her husband had their 2 year old with them and they stood in the waiting room looking at new ultrasound pictures showing a pregnancy. It was great for them but I was waiting in the waiting area for the nurse to take me back for my 4th embryo transfer. While it wasn't the fault of the clinic totally, I wish they did something to either keep it away from patients who are sensitive or remind the patients that there are still sensitive patients.
Drugs, ultrasounds, transfer, retrieval.

2012 - 2014, Successful
[Dr Young possess an] absolutely great bedside manner and a wonderful doctor. He made me feel optimistic and well cared for. I would fly across the country to see him. I had a cyst aspirated twice, removed once, went through one failed IUI and one successful IVF. Dr Young was our primary Doctor but we also interacted with Dr Dodds. I even got lab results from the doctor at 9 pm one weeknight. I felt valued as a patient and made to feel like a priority....
The Fertility Center [of Michigan] as a whole was amazing. Every person we encountered was polite, respectful and helpful. Receptionists, nurses, doctors and lab staff greeted us by name, never made us feel rushed and wanted to make sure we understood exactly what was happening and (if possible) why....Whenever I called with a question (billing or medical) my called was returned that same day, usually within an hour or two. The doctors and nurses also made sure to tell us about the free counseling they provide for their patients and the support groups they host. My husband and I felt well taken care of there and they made this whole experience a little better.
Absolutely great bedside manner and a wonderful doctor. He made me feel optimistic and well cared for. I would fly across the country to see him.
Take advantage of the counseling the clinic offers at no fee. This is such an emotional experience and the extra support is amazing. The entire staff at TFC is just great.
The Fertility Center as a whole was amazing. Every person we encountered was polite, respectful and helpful. Receptionists, nurses, doctors and lab staff greeted us by name, never made us feel rushed and wanted to make sure we understood exactly what was happening and (if possible) why. I had a cyst aspirated twice, removed once, went through one failed IUI and one successful IVF. Dr Young was our primary Doctor but we also interacted with Dr Dodds. I even got lab results from the doctor at 9 pm one weeknight. I felt valued as a patient and made to feel like a priority. Whenever I called with a question (billing or medical) my called was returned that same day, usually within an hour or two. The doctors and nurses also made sure to tell us about the free counseling they provide for their patients and the support groups they host. My husband and I felt well taken care of there and they made this whole experience a little better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Amazing nursing staff
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Young] was very calm, patient, and reassuring when he explained our options and how we would proceed through our plan. He took time to draw diagrams of our plan. He asked questions of us in order to get to know us outside of our treatment...I have PCOS. We began by doing 2 cycles of trying on our own treated with Femara, gonal-f, ovidrel, and progesterone. Next, we did a cycle of IUI using those same medications....
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] is very clean and welcoming. The waiting area is relaxed. All of the staff I've seen have been polite and helpful...The nurses are very helpful and responsive. You always receive a call back the same day...They forgot to order a lab, but it was corrected the same day...Approx $600 for an IUI..I have PCOS. We began by doing 2 cycles of trying on our own treated with Femara, gonal-f, ovidrel, and progesterone. Next, we did a cycle of IUI using those same medications.
He was very calm, patient, and reassuring when he explained our options and how we would proceed through our plan. He took time to draw diagrams of our plan. He asked questions of us in order to get to know us outside of our treatment.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. He's very thoughtful and thorough with his answers.
He took the time to explain our options. He used pictures and diagrams to show us exactly how our process would work.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. The waiting area is relaxed. All of the staff I've seen have been polite and helpful. There have been a few instances where I received a bill when I actually had a credit, but that is due to special circumstances.
Approx $600 for an IUI
He said they typically transfer 2 embryos, but we have not reached that step yet.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
They forgot to order a lab, but it was corrected the same day.
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. James Young] has been great. I have had multiple changes in my plan due to firbroids and cysts but he always has a great plan in place. I am currently doing multi-cycle IVF to try to collect as many eggs as possible due to my low AMH. I was worried about it at first but Dr. Young has explained everything.... One round of timed intercourse with menopur. Now multi-cycle IVF. First round we did 300 of Gonal F and Lupron. Second round will be 450 Gonal F and Lupron.
The strengths [of The Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] would be how much all of the staff care from the front desk staff, billing, nurses, and the doctors. There is also an IVF line where you can call if you are an IVF patient and there is someone there to answer your questions.... I have had multiple changes in my plan due to firbroids and cysts but he always has a great plan in place. I am currently doing multi-cycle IVF to try to collect as many eggs as possible due to my low AMH.
He has been great. I have had multiple changes in my plan due to firbroids and cysts but he always has a great plan in place. I am currently doing multi-cycle IVF to try to collect as many eggs as possible due to my low AMH. I was worried about it at first but Dr. Young has explained everything.
Just to trust the process and ask a lot of questions!
This was our first experience with the IVF process. He explained the entire process and has been very caring and understanding.
We had some issues in the beginning but it’s because my protocol changes a couple times.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The strengths would be how much all of the staff care from the front desk staff, billing, nurses, and the doctors. There is also an IVF line where you can call if you are an IVF patient and there is someone there to answer your questions.
We are in the process currently.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Just some paperwork misplaced but we were able to get the issue resolved.
Grand Rapids
Dr Young was very adamant in finding the cause of infertility with a variety of blood work, ultrasounds, and other exams. He was very conscious of our financial situation and worked with us. I think we need to strongly consider IVF. It was never pushed on us as we could only afford iui, but he was realistic and very forth coming as to what needs to happen next.... We did multiple iui's all medicated and with ultrasounds. He closely monitored ovulation with ultrasound.
They [Fertility Ctr of Michigan] treated us like family. They were very knowledgeable and easily accessible for any questions or concerns.... Strengths; their communication was great, cleanliness in their office and surrounding area, very informative and knowledgeable staff... seems like everyone works well with each other. Weaknesses; making appointments for new patients should be sooner.
Please document all treatments and test results so that your dr can better help you achieve your goals in a timely matter.
The staff was great and walked my husband and myself through every step.
They treated us like family. They were very knowledgeable and easily accessible for any questions or concerns.
Under $10,000
2013 - 2016, Successful
I was in denial that I even needed to see a specialist. But once I met with him [Dr. Young], he didn't make me feel like it was a bad thing that I needed him. I so much hope when I left our very first meeting. I truly felt that after 5 miscarriages at that time, that we were going to be parents with his help!...I took femara 5mg on cycle days 3-7. On CD 13 I had a follicle scan where they found a large follicle that they were very pleased with. I was then given a shot of ovidrel in the office. Was told to have intercourse two days later. We got pregnant on the first cycle
I have nothing bad to say about this office [The Fertility Center]!...I felt very comfortable with the nurses. They knew that we had already been through so much heartache and made us feel at peace with the whole process....I thought they were much higher than they should have been. For a follicle scan...using the same exact machine as my ob does for an ultrasound, it was $184 not covered by insurance. And then, if you had to meet in the consult room for more than 5 min, it was another $68 I believe. For what we have already been through emotionally, I feel it was way over done.
I was in denial that I even needed to see a specialist. But once I met with him, he didn't make me feel like it was a bad thing that I needed him. I so much hope when I left our very first meeting. I truly felt that after 5 miscarriages at that time, that we were going to be parents with his help!
Trust him!!
I felt like he cared specifically for me and not for money.
I took femara 5mg on cycle days 3-7. On CD 13 I had a follicle scan where they found a large follicle that they were very pleased with. I was then given a shot of ovidrel in the office. Was told to have intercourse two days later. We got pregnant on the first cycle and now have a healthy 2 yr old!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have nothing bad to say about this office!
2012, Successful
Dr. Young was very thorough with reviewing things and coming up with a plan of treatment. He made sure our questions were answered and had good bedside manner. He was very kind and also presented all the facts.... t was discovered that I have hypothyroidism, so treatment began immediately for that. Since I was not ovulating, we planned to do 3 cycles with Femara and Ovidrel, and if those were unsuccessful, we would move on to discuss other options. An ultrasound was done during the cycle to see how many eggs there were, the basic quality, and to determine when to do the Ovidrel shot. The first cycle was unsuccessful. The second cycle resulted in a twin pregnancy.
The clinic [Fertility Center of MI] was easy to find, professional looking, had a good layout, and was clean. There were pictures of babies that had resulted from the clinic, which could be sensitive for some, but could be encouraging for others.... The staff was wonderful. They were caring and answered any questions we had. They always showed respect.... The staff and Dr. Young were very caring and compassionate with every interaction.
Try not to lose hope.
It was discovered that I have hypothyroidism, so treatment began immediately for that. Since I was not ovulating, we planned to do 3 cycles with Femara and Ovidrel, and if those were unsuccessful, we would move on to discuss other options. An ultrasound was done during the cycle to see how many eggs there were, the basic quality, and to determine when to do the Ovidrel shot. The first cycle was unsuccessful. The second cycle resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic was easy to find, professional looking, had a good layout, and was clean. There were pictures of babies that had resulted from the clinic, which could be sensitive for some, but could be encouraging for others.
Grand Rapids
Dr Young has a flat affect, but we loved his dry humor, and he still had a decent bedside manner. He was always kind, just not extremely bubbly personality, more dry than Dr Dodds. He got us pregnant though! He was always professional, and honest with us about success chances. He was super aggressive with advancement of options to get pregnant, which we appreciated.
[The Fertility Center of MI- Grand Rapids] always made sure there was availability for appointments as you needed. must pay for everything up front. they definitely made sure you paid for everything before you started scheduling. some times you wouldn’t get phone calls back in the amount of time you had hoped or were promised. other than that, the staff was very caring, supportive, sensitive to your needs, and collaborated well with physicians
See past the dry humor, he really cares.
he was straight with us, but knew our goals and was set out to achieve them
I don’t recall specifics
Very sweet.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
always made sure there was availability for appointments as you needed. must pay for everything up front. they definitely made sure you paid for everything before you started scheduling. some times you wouldn’t get phone calls back in the amount of time you had hoped or were promised. other than that, the staff was very caring, supportive, sensitive to your needs, and collaborated well with physicians.
multiple got us pregnant with multiples!