5.6

1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
3230 Eagle Park Drive NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525

if you want someone who will shoot you straight, and push forward without haste, then Dr. Young will be a great fit...may seem quiet and reserved at first, but he will become a fierce advocate, giving you nothing but his best...I have PCOS, so the first treatment strategy was Clomid with monitoring to see if that would help me ovulate. The outcome was little to no results.next I was put on Metformin (indefinitely). The next strategy was a combination of Clomid, Follistim, Ovidrel and timed intercourse. This treatment was successful in getting me to ovulate, but unfortunately it didn’t result in a pregnancy. With the help of Dr. Young we decided to stop current treatments and move forward with IVF. Within a month of stopping treatment, we got pregnant naturally but unfortunately suffered a chemical pregnancy. We are currently saving for IVF.
Every single nurse [at The Fertility Center of Michigan], every single time, from a long visit to a quick in and out visit, was nothing but caring, respectful, honest and empathetic. The nursing staff was prompt to respond to every message I left, little issue or big...The office was determined to find me the best deal for medicines that weren’t covered by insurance. They work with an online fertility pharmacy, and would give me the information to figure out what pharmacies near me had the best price for meds.
How was your experience with James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There was never a time that I left Dr. Young feeling confused about treatment, unheard about my feelings or concerns, or worried about what would be next. From the very beginning, my husband and I felt a sense of relief and calmness from our meetings with Dr. Young. He is soft spoken, but delivers news, treatment plans and options with conviction. If you want a Dr. that is going to tip-toe and proceed with caution, Dr. Young may not be the doctor for you. But if you want someone who will shoot you straight, and push forward without haste, then Dr. Young will be a great fit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Know that Dr. Young may seem quiet and reserved at first, but he will become a fierce advocate, giving you nothing but his best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Although Dr. Young is very thorough, it is sometimes his emotion, or lack of, during delivery of information that can seem a bit cold. I could see how, to some, the lack of emotion could equate to feeling like a number. However, with a matter such as infertility, I would rather have a Dr. be completely honest, straightforward, with less emotion, than a Dr. that sugar coats and withholds.
Describe the protocols James Young (retired) used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy and Julie)
I have zero constructive criticism for the nursing staff. Every single nurse, every single time, from a long visit to a quick in and out visit, was nothing but caring, respectful, honest and empathetic. The nursing staff was prompt to respond to every message I left, little issue or big. If they didn’t have the answer, they would assure me that they would work until they found it, and they did. I can’t imagine this journey without them!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are busy, so make sure if you’re a new patient, to plan ahead! Initially it took a month and a half to get my first appointment. Now that I’m an established patient, I never have any issues getting appointments. The front desk staff is always on the ball, and accommodating. They have always tried their hardest to make sure that we have all of the information we need, and have worked with my strange work schedule on many occasions to make sure I got the appointment I needed. The first visit can be overwhelming, but very informative. You receive a large packet of all of the information discussed, in case you can’t remember it all. The staff is always there to answer any questions you may have.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Young (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
My Insurance does not cover infertility treatments, however the billing staff would work with me to code things appropriately to save me the most money. Each visit I had a copay of $35. My medicines were sometimes covered, sometimes not. Although I believe this has to do with my insurance, not the provider. Clomid- $45. Metformin-$15. Follistim- $300/300iu $600/600iu. Ovidrel- $107. The office was determined to find me the best deal for medicines that weren’t covered by insurance. They work with an online fertility pharmacy, and would give me the information to figure out what pharmacies near me had the best price for meds.
Describe James Young (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.

2013 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. James Young] was always patient with our concerns and questions...has a wonderful and caring personality. He can put the most nervous or upset person at ease. He was very patient during our appointments. He made us feel completely comfortable and confident with the care we were receiving...I had 2 embryos transferred which resulted in our healthy baby girl being born...We used the antagonist protocol with bravelle and menopur to stimulate follicle production for about 11 days.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were super comforting throughout the process. Very good communication and made sure we knew exactly what to do and what to expect...Monitoring appointments were held during a window of time in the morning. I loved this because I was able to go before work. It allowed me to minimize using my personal time off for appointments...Approximately $12,000 total for blood work, ultrasounds, medications, egg retrieval, and transfer.
Dr. Young has a wonderful and caring personality. He can put the most nervous or upset person at ease. He was very patient during our appointments. He made us feel completely comfortable and confident with the care we were receiving.
Write down any questions or concerns you have before your appointment. Then you won't forget to ask them. I always wrote the answers down so I could remember later. Sometimes being nervous you may forget to ask questions or forget the information you were given. You could always call back and clarify if you need to.
He was always patient with our concerns and questions.
We used the antagonist protocol with bravelle and menopur to stimulate follicle production for about 11 days. After a few days of taking stimulation medicine they also added a morning injection of ganirelix to prevent premature ovulation. After 12 nights of stimulation Injections I had to administer a Lipton trigger shot to mature the eggs. I had my egg retrieval the next morning. The day of egg retrieval I started progesterone in oil injections. 2 days after retrieval I had 2 embryos transferred which resulted in our healthy baby girl being born.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were super comforting throughout the process. Very good communication and made sure we knew exactly what to do and what to expect.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I felt welcomed to the fertility clinic during the first call to schedule my new patient consultation. The receptionists were very knowledgeable and friendly. The medical assistants and nurses were always reassuring. The doctors always made us feel safe, comfortable, and confident in our next step of treatment. We even got a personal call from our doctor congratulating us on our positive pregnancy test. Great office all around. You will not be disappointed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.

2012 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. James Young] doesn't give false hope, he tells it like it is. I like his dry sense of humor. He really knows his stuff and is up to date on the latest things to try...you can message him questions on MyHealth if you think of any later. He is very receptive to questions...Long med protocol IVF, uterine scratch (worth a try, knew it might not help), grew embryo to blastocyst, next time doing a clotting factor panel and and ERA biopsy before transferring another embryo, will thaw all remaining and grow them all to blast to see how many keep going. No pregnancy yet, but we have embryos left. If the next round doesn't stick he said we can look into gestational carriers. Nursing Staff
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] is clean and pretty...The staff all work well together. The billing ladies are very helpful, too...There is one nurse that mixed up the date of our pregnancy test, which led to me seeing results before I was prepared to. Other than that, they have been excellent. Some have even shared their own fertility journeys. That was very helpful...We are at 25,000 out of pocket after three IVF cycles. The office covered the $800 time lapse photography for free for our last egg retrieval.
Dr. Young is very up front and honest. He explains things without making you feel dumb for asking. After each of our three failed IVF cycles, he made a personal phone call to express his condolences after. He answered calls from the on call doctor on a Saturday to make the best decision for some time sensitive treatment. He doesn't give false hope, he tells it like it is. I like his dry sense of humor. He really knows his stuff and is up to date on the latest things to try.
Ask questions about anything you don't understand. Take notes and you can message him questions on MyHealth if you think of any later. He is very receptive to questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is clean and pretty. I hate the fish tank though, when you have a procedure that requires a full bladder the running water noise on the tank makes you want to pee more! The staff all work well together. The billing ladies are very helpful, too.
They let me transfer 2 at once, but said 3 was too risky with my younger age of 36 and embryo quality.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. James Young] can be a bit dry but overall very personable. I felt very comfortable discussing my concerns with him. I feel that he was keeping my best interests in mind during the course of my treatment. There was one instance where he forgot my name but I didn't take it personal...He will be thorough if you ask the questions...My 3rd IVF cycle followed the same protocol as my 2nd cycle but was cancelled prior to the frozen embryo transfer because my uterine lining was possibly over-stimulated by the hormones and was not suitable for pregnancy.
Approximately $8000 for egg retrieval and fresh transfer [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] including medications and ultrasounds...It's a beautiful clinic with friendly and knowledgeable staff. The clinic is up-to-date and very clean. My favorite part is that they offer an on-site fertility counselor free of charge. The fertility counselor has been a great resource for managing my anxiety through my fertility treatments... She [nurse] communicates to me via email (at my request) as it is difficult for me to answer phone calls discussing personal matters while I'm at work. She is always very thorough in her instructions and answers ALL of my questions. I feel very comfortable communicating with her and am so glad that I was blessed with such an amazing IVF nurse.
He can be a bit dry but overall very personable. I felt very comfortable discussing my concerns with him. I feel that he was keeping my best interests in mind during the course of my treatment. There was one instance where he forgot my name but I didn't take it personal.
Be open, honest, and express all of your concerns. He will be thorough if you ask the questions.
He always was very thorough in answering my questions and explaining our fertility treatment plan. He apologized and showed concern when the outcome of our treatment was negative.
My first cycle was an embryo retrieval and fresh transfer of 2 embryos. If I remember correctly, gonal-f, hcg trigger were used and then progesterone through the 11th week of pregnancy. This procedure resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth of my daughter. My 2nd IVF cycle was a long protocol with frozen embryo transfer. The medications were Lupron, estradiol, and progesterone. This cycle did not result in pregnancy. My 3rd IVF cycle followed the same protocol as my 2nd cycle but was cancelled prior to the frozen embryo transfer because my uterine lining was possibly over-stimulated by the hormones and was not suitable for pregnancy. I am currently on my 4th IVF cycle. I have reverted back to the same protocol as my first cycle but with lower dose gonal-f as I do not require multiple follicle production. I do not yet know if the transfer produced a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Kim Helm)
Kim Helm is the most kind-hearted, caring, and knowledgeable nurse I've ever communicated with. She communicates to me via email (at my request) as it is difficult for me to answer phone calls discussing personal matters while I'm at work. She is always very thorough in her instructions and answers ALL of my questions. I feel very comfortable communicating with her and am so glad that I was blessed with such an amazing IVF nurse.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Approximately $8000 for egg retrieval and fresh transfer including medications and ultrasounds. Approximately $5000 for frozen embryo transfer including medications and ultrasounds.
Dr. Young is responsible with selecting the number of embryos to transfer. He has always suggested 2 embryos for my transfers in hopes of single or double births but no more than that as multiple births come with added risks and potential complications.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I once was not informed of estradiol results which resulted in a slight delay of my cycle.

2014 - 2019, Successful
We loved Dr. Young. He was so down to earth and compassionate. Yet at the same time very knowledgeable and professional. He has a great sense of humor, which is similar to my husbands, very witty. ... He takes everything step by step. Trying to do least invasive first before jumping to big guns. He started with timed intercourse with a trigger shot, a surgery to make sure everything was healthy, to IUI’s, the to IVf.
It’s a busy office [The Fertility Center of Michigan], so you first appointment will be a ways out. But once you start treatment they are on top of getting your appointments. ... They cared for me physically, mentally and emotionally. ... And very rarely do they call to move or change them. You can call anytime day or night and get answers! It’s amazing
We loved Dr. Young. He was so down to earth and compassionate. Yet at the same time very knowledgeable and professional. He has a great sense of humor, which is similar to my husbands, very witty. Which made me feel so comfortable and cared for!
Be patient through the whole process. He has a reason for his process and you have to trust it. He can seem very dry at times but once you have a few visits he is very open, caring and funny!
Dr.Young and staff always made be feel like I was a human. They cared for me physically, mentally and emotionally. They were always there for my questions and concerns. They were rooting for us just as hard as we were rooting for ourselves!
He takes everything step by step. Trying to do least invasive first before jumping to big guns. He started with timed intercourse with a trigger shot, a surgery to make sure everything was healthy, to IUI’s, the to IVf. He wants to give you a family just as much as you want one. But I also believe he wants to try all your options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Our first Ivf cycle with egg retrieval, to being hyper stimulated and having to freeze rather then do a fresh. I was devastated. But the nurses assured me that this was best. For my health and any potential babies. And they were right! They held my hand and helped wipes my tears through the whole process. And the second transfer when it didn’t work, I could tell on the line that my nurse was just as devastated as I was. And I felt comfort in that. Knowing they are truly rooting for you
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It’s a busy office, so you first appointment will be a ways out. But once you start treatment they are on top of getting your appointments. And very rarely do they call to move or change them. You can call anytime day or night and get answers! It’s amazing
Monitoring appointments where usually on time and down to the point. It was nice to just get the information you needed and move On to the next steps. No waiting for results. You got them right the.
It’s not cheap! This is the biggest down fall. I would say from our very first visit 5 yrs ago to date. On ALL treatments, meds, procedures, and lab work we have spent 20,000 (ball park )

2012 - 2018, Successful
Dr Young always took time to explain everything and keep us informed of all options and advise us. ... He was compassionate and supportive of us and the decisions we made. Very thankful he was our physician. ... Our infertility was due to male factor. After multiple failed IUIs we tried IVF. After a fresh transfer resulted in a pregnancy loss we did a frozen transfer using the long protocol
It is clean, comfortable, and feels private. All of the staff [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are friendly and helpful and really seem to go above and beyond. You always know what to expect and feel safe in their hands. All of the physicians I encountered were amazing. Although we did not utilize them, support groups and counselors are offered to help you with this difficult journey. The nursing staff are all awesome as well. They almost feel like and family and are some of your biggest supporters and cheerleaders throughout the IVF process
Awesome doctor! He always explained everything clearly and answered our questions thoroughly. We always felt like he genuinely cared and was rooting for us. He was compassionate and supportive of us and the decisions we made. Very thankful he was our physician.
This is not an easy journey to be on. Be open and honest. Ask any questions you may have
Dr Young always took time to explain everything and keep us informed of all options and advise us. He seemed to genuinely care about us and helping us have a family
Wonderful! All were very supportive and helpful throughout the entire process. They cheered with you and were empathetic when things did not go as hoped. They made sure you understood everything from meds to procedures and were always available to answer questions
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is clean, comfortable, and feels private. All of the staff are friendly and helpful and really seem to go above and beyond. You always know what to expect and feel safe in their hands. All of the physicians I encountered were amazing. Although we did not utilize them, support groups and counselors are offered to help you with this difficult journey. The nursing staff are all awesome as well. They almost feel like and family and are some of your biggest supporters and cheerleaders throughout the IVF process
My health insurance did not cover anything. Overall with medications and treatment we spent around $20,000
I’m glad we transferred two. I had a singleton pregnancy but would have been okay with two babies as I always hoped to have a large family
Grand Rapids
I was very nervous going into TFC as my husband and I had been trying for 7+ years ...Dr. Young had me do a medication to induce a period (i can’t remember the name) and then chlomid after that. I was told when to take the ovidrel injection shot to make me ovulate. ... Dr. Young was extremely kind. ... Dr. Young tells you like it is. He is going to come up with the best plan to get you to your end goal.
I was very nervous going into TFC as my husband and I had been trying for 7+ years. All the staff were extremely friendly and helped make the process less nerve racking. ... Everyone is so friendly and compassionate to your situation. I wouldn’t change a thing. All of the staff from the check-in to check-out were marvelous. Everyone always had a smile on their face.
I was very nervous going into TFC as my husband and I had been trying for 7+ years. All the staff were extremely friendly and helped make the process less nerve racking. Dr. Young has explained that i should do a second hysterosalpingogram and when he could tell that i was visibly upset, he was able to ease my mind about it. I am so happy i listens because after that HSG, Dr. Young was able to help us come up with a good treatment plan and on our very first round of meds and injections we we blessed with our miracle baby! Avery is now 8 months old and as healthy as ever. This would have never happened without Dr. Young and the fertility center. We are forever thankful!
Dr. Young was extremely kind. He explained to me that i should get a second hysterosalpingogram and he could tell that i was visibly upset about having to go through that again and he talked me through it to put my mind at ease.
Dr. Young had me do a medication to induce a period (i can’t remember the name) and then chlomid after that. I was told when to take the ovidrel injection shot to make me ovulate. Then i went in for multiple ultrasounds of my ovaries so they could tell us when to do the timed intercourse. After our last ultrasound they told us when to do the times intercourse and then we were pregnant! On our first try!!
All the nurses were very friendly and helpful!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Everyone is so friendly and compassionate to your situation. I wouldn’t change a thing. All of the staff from the check-in to check-out were marvelous. Everyone always had a smile on their face. Dr. Young was so kind and helpful. My husband and so are forever greatful to Dr. Young and all of the staff at TFC for our miracle baby!
I was extremely surprised. My doctors bills leading up to TFC were way more than any i got from TFC
Grand Rapids

He [Dr. Young] is very caring and down to earth. Wants the best for us and truly wants to help.... He goes over every detail including the percentages/results from people my age with infertility issues and why he thinks we should try this. He wants to help us and get us results of a pregnancy. He truly cares about my husband and I.... First timed medicated cycle. I did gonel-f at 50 for 6 days and than ovudril after ultrasound/bloodwork said I was going to ovulate.
Very on top of everything. And always there to answer questions you have. Office staff [Fertility Center of Michigan] is always very friendly. And happy to help anytime you need it. No weaknesses. This office rocks. I definitely would tell a new patient to try to not be nervous. They truly want to help....Medicine cost was $40-$900 depending on my insurance. Ultrasound was half covered so that was $190. Bloodwork was covered. Office visit was $50
Nothing. He is a wonderful doctor.
He is very caring and down to earth. Wants the best for us and truly wants to help.
First timed medicated cycle. I did gonel-f at 50 for 6 days and than ovudril after ultrasound/bloodwork said I was going to ovulate. Second I did another medicated cycle. This time doing gonel-f at 75 for 7 days than the ultrasound/bloodwork. Than ovudril as directed
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy Brown)
Very informative & funny. Makes you feel better about the issues.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very on top of everything. And always there to answer questions you have. Office staff is always very friendly. And happy to help anytime you need it. No weaknesses. This office rocks. I definitely would tell a new patient to try to not be nervous. They truly want to help.
Kalamazoo

He [Dr. James Young] listened to my concerns and what I was saying and going on with my body...He knew what he was talking about and was able to word it so then I understood what steps we were going to be doing. At each appointment he would explain in a way that made sense to me and my husband and we looked forward to seeing him at appointment and knew he would answer all of our questions that we had about the meds and timing with everything.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are amazing and very caring about their patience and they are very encouraging and able to talk to them about things that are on your mind...They are very caring and encourage of your well being and ask how you are as soon as you walk I to the office. They dont have any weakness that I see. The office is always clean and maintained. If you have something going on in your life that your struggling with and need a hug they will give you words of encouragement and a hug. They are awesome
Just go with the flow
He listened to my concerns and what I was saying and going on with my body.
So as of right now we are doing the ultrasound on day 3 or 4 of period then injection shots for 5 days then blood work and ultrasound one more day of gonal f injection shot then ovidil injection shot then intercourse the next 3 nights then start prtestrone on Friday April 19 then two weeks in home pregnancy test call with results. Supposed to do IUI but don't have the extra money right now for it.
They are amazing and very caring about their patience and they are very encouraging and able to talk to them about things that are on your mind
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
So we had to pay out of pocket for some of our ultrasounds some meds, all IUI if we did ivf office visit copays. Insurance did cover like 3 things office visits, ultrasounds and meds with copay

2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. James Young] is a very kind hearted person that my husband and i can talk to without feeling lots of grief when all we have in our mind is why? Why isn't anything working for us. He has went through many options with us to try and find some answers for us in our journey...When we would have appointments he would draw things out and explain word for word what we would expect and things he recommended we try...
the billing staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] along with dr. young has worked with me with my insurance to get some things covered as we know not a lot of fertility is covered. The staff has also given me a couple numbers for medications so im not paying hundreds of dollars on one month of something. They have been very easy with taking payments on things...Its very homey and you just feel very comfortable. There is a lot of privacy in all the rooms so you dont feel awkward. I like where its at because when you walk in you know everyone is there for the same thing.
When we would have appointments he would draw things out and explain word for word what we would expect and things he recommended we try. He knew that we did want to spend a lot of money because things are expansive so he told us different options to try first before jumping into spending thousands of dollars. He looked out for the best interest of my husband and myself. He knew our struggle as we had a miscarriage before all the fertilty treatments. He knows how bad we want to be parents and is trying to get that to happen and find the outcome as he knows it can happen.
Listen to him, he knows what hes talking about. He is not just your doctor. Hes a ear that will listen to you and give you advice and make sure its what YOU want for yourself. He wants to give eveyone the wish of becoming a parent.
He is a very kind hearted person that my husband and i can talk to without feeling lots of grief when all we have in our mind is why? Why isn't anything working for us. He has went through many options with us to try and find some answers for us in our journey.
When we met with Dr. Young we first went over everything that he needed to know we had been trying to conceive for a year. I was referred by my family doctor to him. We explained how we had a miscarriage 2 years prior to coming here. He went over different things and treaments for us. We decided to start on femara. That wasn't working so he suggested i do a HSG. We did that it came back that my one tube was clear and good. The other one they couldn't see at all. The doctor didnt know if i had one or if it was there but inflamed as i had a person training and i tensed up. I was on the femera for quite awhile so he then put me on clomid in addition to injections. That still wasnt working so he upped ny dose. My husband then was tested and it showed he motility was low. So he then had us do a iui along with my injections and clomid throughout the whole time being at the fertilty clinic he also had me take progesterone pills. We are now to the point of having a laperscopic surgery to get some more answers as to why we still cant conceive. We are hoping for some good news. In all of this he has expalined to us every bit of the procedure and what will go in my body. He has told us different over the counter medications for myself and my husband to take to also help with conceiving.
All the nursing staff are so nice. They definitely all have a heart. And some have been in the same position as myself and others. They are so easy to talk to and always have a smile on there face. They always try to make you feel better or put you in a good mood. They always know what to say when you may feel discouraged or feel like giving up. They are definitely there because they love there job.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think everything about this clinic is perfect. Its very homey and you just feel very comfortable. There is a lot of privacy in all the rooms so you dont feel awkward. I like where its at because when you walk in you know everyone is there for the same thing.
They had specific days and times that you needed to come in. It may have messed with my work schedule. But it had nothing to do with the place. Its just how our body works. I know there are many people going through what i am so i understand. There are only certain days we can be seen at the clinic but that is because thats when they will be able to see things better in our body because of the cycle day we are on our what it looks like for the month. You cant have a baby any day of the month and they know that, thats why they plan accordingly to your cycle and when is best for your body
Everything has been very expensive. But the billing staff along with dr. young has worked with me with my insurance to get some things covered as we know not a lot of fertility is covered. The staff has also given me a couple numbers for medications so im not paying hundreds of dollars on one month of something. They have been very easy with taking payments on things. The only thing i wish they did was payments on iui or ivf. Instead of needing money up front. It can get discouraging knowing your doing all this paying all this for a possibility a what if. And if it doesn't happen you spend that all over again. I wish there was better payment options like that.
He is very productive in what he does.
Grand Rapids

I have no weaknesses to report. The fertility center is amazing. All staff is always polite, kind and compassionate...The nursing staff and staff at the fertility center in general is amazing!...[Dr. James Young] is very patient but also straight forward and factual. I never feel confused when he is talking about treatment and what could come next...Although we are still not pregnant, dr young has been very clear each visit on what might come next, leaving no surprises for us. We love that he is very “to the point”. We have no doubt that he is setting our treatment plan in our best interest. Hoping we see a miracle soon...
Like any patient going through infertility I would encourage they come with a set of questions for their doctor! It can all be very confusing and you want the answers while you’re able to speak with them versus when you’re at home with no one to answer the questions
Dr young is very patient but also straight forward and factual. I never feel confused when he is talking about treatment and what could come next.
AMH year in April showing positive for PCOS, first round ovidrol and Femara in May-, also hsg showing blocked right tube, in May one follicle, second round in June 2 follicles on blocked side, surgery in July to open tube, third round in August, 2 follicles on left side- right side open from surgery, fourth round September- midcycle ultrasound tomorrow
The nursing staff and staff at the fertility center in general is amazing!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have no weaknesses to report. The fertility center is amazing. All staff is always polite, kind and compassionate. As said before, as a new patient be prepared to come with a list of potential questions so you can be ready to get all the answers you’d been waiting for for so long!
Affordable. Insurance covers ultra sounds, meds are around 70 a month, and surgeries were what was costly. Hsg around 400 and laparoscopy around 2500