RMA of New Jersey

Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencySt. Barnabus Med Ctr
FellowshipU. of Washington
111 Madison Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
973-971-4600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jamie Morris to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
Dr. Morris is a great doctor. We did not get pregnant with our transfer, however, I was comfortable with our process. We were successful with our first cycle 2 years ago, and my husband and I (and Dr. Morris) were comfortable going through the same process. Dr. Morris is extremely sympathetic and compassionate. She is straightforward and answers every question with intellect and professionalism. She is also very down-to-earth and makes you feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Trust the process. And remember that each step is tailored to the individual patient. Dr. Morris is smart, professional and compassionate, and will do what's best for your process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris is very personable and really cares about the patient, both myself and my husband. She is very sympathetic and honest throughout the whole process.
Describe the protocols Jamie Morris used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
After having a successful IVF with RMA our first time (with Dr. Forman), Dr. Morris used our first treatment strategy as a guide, while alternating a few aspects. In the end, our results were the same as the first time, 6 eggs retrieved (I have a diminished ovarian count), 4 took to ICSI, and one Embryo created. I tested a positive low beta on day 9, and ended up losing the pregnancy on day 11.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
We have been with Joyce through our whole process and she is amazing. She is smart, organized, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - The physicians and nursing staff are great, and smart. I trust the strategy and processes they have chosen for my treatment. Weaknesses - They are busy, so sometimes you feel as though you are just going through the motions, but all in all, after you have to have blood drawn so many times, that becomes tedious too. :) I would recommend RMA!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
It's tedious and sometimes they are busy and sometimes they are not, but overall the monitoring appointments are fine and the hours are fairly convenient.
Describe Jamie Morris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Even though we only had one embryo to use anyways, I would only choose to do single embryo transfer, but that is my personal opinion.
Morristown
She [Dr. Morris] promotes eSET...was very warm and friendly - she would call me directly if I had questions. If she was in the room when my nursed called me, she would say hello in the background... never pressured me to start IVF. It took 2 years to be able to save enough for the egg retrieval and Dr. Morris answered my numerous questions over that entire time. She knew I liked to know every detail and every scenario possible and was patient and kind with me.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
The main issue I had with IVF was coming up with the money. Dr. Morris understood and never pressured me to start IVF. It took 2 years to be able to save enough for the egg retrieval and Dr. Morris answered my numerous questions over that entire time. She knew I liked to know every detail and every scenario possible and was patient and kind with me. Dr. Morris did a lot of my morning monitoring and always had a smile and often a hug if I needed one. I think if we met under different circumstances we could definitely be friends.
Ask a lot of questions! Dr. Morris is great and will answer all of them! sometimes even with a diagram.
Dr. Morris was very warm and friendly - she would call me directly if I had questions. If she was in the room when my nursed called me, she would say hello in the background.
I did "max protocol" for the meds - high dose of gonal. I got 12 eggs - which were more than expected but only 1 made it to day 5 - which was unexpected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna)
Dayna is energetic, positive and fun. She didn't waste time with all the cliches - "it only takes one" etc - stuff like that. But instead said "hey if it doesn't work, we try again." And I liked feeling like she was going to be with me the entire time through this process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is VERY expensive, but are the best in the area so after a lot of soul searching - I decided I would figure out a way to have an RMA baby. I would recommend sitting down with a financial coordinator and having everything priced out for you so there are no surprises!
it was very efficient - the earlier the faster you were out of there!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey.
35K
She promotes eSET. I don't have strong feelings on that either way.
Morristown
Jamie Morris was very knowledgeable and did a good job with clearly and succinctly summarizing all of our treatment options, as well as summarized clearly all of the results of our fertility tests. When she performed my IUI procedure, she performed it very quickly and painlessly, which I appreciated. I think I could have benefitted from a little more time spent during our appointments, they always felt a bit rushed....I took Clomid for 5 days (cycle days 3-7) and had a trigger injection of Ovidrel on Day 16
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Jamie Morris was very knowledgeable and did a good job with clearly and succinctly summarizing all of our treatment options, as well as summarized clearly all of the results of our fertility tests. When she performed my IUI procedure, she performed it very quickly and painlessly, which I appreciated. I think I could have benefitted from a little more time spent during our appointments, they always felt a bit rushed. After the IUI procedure, she walked out very quickly, with little explanation on next steps and instructions for me.
Come prepared to each of your appointments with all of your questions, so you can ask her at once.
Jamie Morris has done a wonderful job of clearly and succinctly summarizing our options for fertility treatment (IUI, IVF), as well as explaining the IUI process once we decided to proceed with that. However, I would have appreciated/benefited from some more information regarding follow up. After the IUI procedure was performed, I didn't receive any further information on what I should be or could be doing to help boost our chances for success, she exited the room fairly quickly.
I took Clomid for 5 days (cycle days 3-7) and had a trigger injection of Ovidrel on Day 16, after my blood-work and ultrasound showed that I was ready to ovulate. I went in on Day 17 and Day 18 for two back-to-back IUI procedures. I have follow up bloodwork on this Friday, Day 24, and an appointment scheduled for next Friday, Day 31, for a pregnancy test, unless the period comes sooner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Browning)
Dayna was absolutely wonderful to work with. She always provided a full report of my testing results, as well as explained in detail every step of our treatment process. She showed compassion as well when I was overly anxious.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was always very clean and organized, with light music making for a relaxed atmosphere. Coffee and water were also available. I appreciated that the clinic had signs indicating that children were not allowed, as I know this could cause sadness or anxiety for RMA patients. I was always able to check in very quickly, and never waited longer than my appointment time to be seen.
My husband and I paid for all costs out of pocket, this has been a very expensive process so far. We had some testing done in NYC prior to visiting RMA, but the RMA doctors asked that we re-do our testing in their offices, which has made this process very expensive for us. I believe we have spent somewhere around $5k-$7k out of pocket already, and might be looking at up to $32k in additional costs if we proceed with IVF.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Morris always made me feel at ease. She constantly checked with me during conversations to make sure I was ok (mentally and physically). She wanted to make sure I wasn't too overwhelmed. She even said if ever I felt too overwhelmed to call her and she would chat. She has called me to make sure I understood everything going on and that we were all on the same page...She's very knowledgeable and always willing to answer my questions. She always makes me feel at ease. I couldn't ask for a better Dr.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
I have been very happy with Dr. Morris throughout this whole journey. She's very knowledgeable and always willing to answer my questions. She always makes me feel at ease. I couldn't ask for a better Dr.
Make sure like with any appointment for any treatment to have a list of questions you may have. There really isn't anything to be ready for with her. She really explains things thoroughly and is willing to go over things in more depth if you don't understand.
We went for IUI before IVF because we were unexplained infertility. We also did IUI with clomid instead of injections because we were completely out of pocket and she explained Dr. Morris explained that the meds could be a lot more expensive and the odds of getting pregnant weren't that much higher.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Maloney )
Dr. Morris has one primary nurse. Joyce is always on top of her calls. Whether it's calling you back after you leave a message to answer any questions or to give you results and/or instructions from morning monitoring she always calls you in a timely fashion
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has a lot of patients and they are really quick during morning monitoring to get you out so you can get to work. If you wait more than 20 minutes definitely check with them. My husband and I both had to go for blood work and because we went at separate times they checked him off in the system after he left and it kicked me out so when I went and checked in at the front it didn't register in the back with the phlebotomist. That only happened once. Every other time I've been there it's never been a problem.
$$$$$ we were completely out of pocket
Dr.Morris was pro single embryo transfer. We discussed the pros and cons of single vs transferring two embryos since RMA only transfer at the most two embryos. We decided that single was a better option.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Morristown
Jamie Morris was very knowledgeable. From the first day that I had my consultation with her, I felt like I was in good hands. She always had a plan. I never felt like I was a lost cause. She always explained everything to me and would explain over-and-over again if needed.... Three rounds of IUI using clomid and donor sperm. The third IUI resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. It was then that Dr Morris suggested IVF. The first round of IVF resulted in all my embryos arresting. Because of that, Dr Morris put me on a micro-flare cycle. I was able to get one 5-day blast. (That "blast" is now sleeping on my lap).
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
I would say to trust her - she knows what she's doing.
She would call me to check-in, especially when things weren't going as planned.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
My nurse was awful. When I would get a negative beta she would joke that I could now have a cocktail and eat soft cheese. she was so insensitive! She also forgot to schedule my last cycle (the one that finally resulted in my daughter). I was livid! If I go back to RMA I will definitely request a different nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is great. It is a well-oiled machine. Morning monitoring usually went quickly even when there was a lot of people waiting. The office staff knew who I was and made me feel special.
Morning monitoring was a well-oiled machine. Even when a lot of people were waiting, it moved pretty fast.
I don't remember the actual breakdowns of everything, but the IUi's cost about $3,000 each (not covered by insurance) and the IVF (covered by insurance) still cost me $10,000.
I was all for transferring two embryos but Dr Morris was really against it. Ultimately, she told me the decision was mine, but she really did not recommend transferring ore than one.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Morristown
Dr Morris took it upon herself to research a genetic disorder my husband and I are both carriers for. She made she I was aware of the risks of transferring a girl and wanted me to know she was in my corner no matter what I chose. She personally called me to find out my choice of whether to do a blind transfer or know the gender of the embryo... I was disappointed that she did not perform my egg retrieval or my transfer. The only procedure that Dr. Morris performed was my saline sonogram. She was always friendly and talkative during morning monitoring and made sure I was aware of everything.
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Morris was very caring and sweet. I was disappointed that she did not perform my egg retrieval or my transfer. The only procedure that Dr. Morris performed was my saline sonogram. She was always friendly and talkative during morning monitoring and made sure I was aware of everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Crochery)
Danielle was very sweet and nice and always got back to my when i had a question or concern. However there were many instances where she was unavailable bc of vacation and this actually fell right around my trigger shot for my retrieval. I felt I had a relationship with her so I was upset when it was not her giving me instructions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA was amazing. Every person there from the secretaries, phlembotomists, nurses and attending doctors were amazing. They were always friendly and willing to listen to you. My only issue was with a fellow who had horrible bedside manner when I went for my first ultrasound when I was 4-5 weeks along. She couldn't find the yolk sac and was extremely blunt and uncaring when explaining to me that I could have a miscarriage. It made me uncomfortable and extremely scared. What I did appreciate was when I went back for my next ultrasound it was written in my chart that an attending doctor (dr forman) had to be the one doing my ultrasound.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Morris] was very helpful in helping me understand all different aspects of treatments. With having gone thru multiple losses she was very caring in trying to find out what the problem was. I never felt like a number with her...She was very caring with the whole process....I would go in on day 3 of cycle for bloodwork and ultrasound. I would start my follistum then. Normally 100 iu I would go for bloodwork ultrasound for a couple days until they told me to use my ovidril trigger shot. Then I would do 2 back to back days of iui. Would go back a couple days later to check levels.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
She was very helpful in helping me understand all different aspects of treatments. With having gone thru multiple losses she was very caring in trying to find out what the problem was. I never felt like a number with her.
Just go in with an open mind.
She was very caring with the whole process.
I would go in on day 3 of cycle for bloodwork and ultrasound. I would start my follistum then. Normally 100 iu I would go for bloodwork ultrasound for a couple days until they told me to use my ovidril trigger shot. Then I would do 2 back to back days of iui. Would go back a couple days later to check levels. I would normally be put on progesterone since I seem to always have an issue w that. 14 days after iui I would go in for pregnancy test.
Always felt very comfortable with the nurses! They always answered my crazy questions!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
There very helpful with everything from making appts to helping w finance. I became very friendly with most of the staff. I was there so much that they made me feel very welcome. They were compasonite with me thru every loss that we had.
My iui were covered by insurance once I met my 1800 deductible. Had some coverage for the meds. No ivf coverage. Discussed and it was roughly around 30k that we don't have.
2012 - 2013
[Dr. Morris was] always compassionate and explained details...She was very sincere and tries to make an effort to see her patients. They are very busy so that was not always possible but the other doctors on staff there are just as wonderful...
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Jamie Morris at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't dismiss the other doctors - they are excellent at documentation so self manage care wasn't necessary like all other doctors I've seen outside the world of IVF
Always compassionate and explained details
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Cellie)
The most contact came from her. She was quick to respsond, reassuring and NEVER dismissive
They tried to be as quick as possible but it is really busy so often there was a wait time.