Rochester Fertility Care

Doctor available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolAmerican U. of Beirut
ResidencySUNY
FellowshipOhio St
1561 Long Pond Rd
Rochester, NY 14626
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jamil Mroueh to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rochester Fertility Care to a friend?
Dr. Mroueh was always willing to answer our questions. He fully explained every procedure prior, and every step during. He was professional yet human. When our cycles failed, I could feel his disappointment and when it was successful I could feel his joy. It was very bittersweet to leave his care...Dr. Mroueh was always compassionate and encouraging, while being genuine, transparent and honest...He offered a laparoscopy when our last iui failed but advised us to go straight to ivf, as any mild issue found in the laparoscopy may be overcome by ivf. He listened to me, as I didn't want to have the surgery.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Despite the lack of a fancy spa environment or refund packages, the care is second to none.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
The staff is small and I knew them all by name, including the front desk support. Dr. Mroueh was always compassionate and encouraging, while being genuine, transparent and honest.
Describe the protocols Jamil Mroueh used in your cycles at Rochester Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I completed 5 IUI treatments. The first with clomid and all the others with Gonal F. He added in Endometrin when injectable cycles failed. He offered a laparoscopy when our last iui failed but advised us to go straight to ivf, as any mild issue found in the laparoscopy may be overcome by ivf. He listened to me, as I didn't want to have the surgery. We did ivf twice.. both with frozen embryos (2 embryos each time). As I responded well to the protocol of menopur Lupron and PIO he had me continue the same for the second fet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
With a small nursing team of 3 I got to know them all well. I was primarily working with Carla though. She was sweet, compassionate, and taught me how to do each injection. She and the other nurses always got back to me with my questions, no matter how dumb haha. They were prompt, kind, and supportive.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Strengths: small, compassionate team, patient centered, genuine and transparent, honest, kind Weakness: expensive, no payment plans, no fancy spa like interventions or add ons
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care.
Iui was covered by my insurance as were medications for the iui cycle. I had a copay of $50 per visit. Ivf was 8500 for all appts, tests, egg retrievals, and transfers. It was another 2000 for the second transfer and all associated appts. Medication was separate, costing approx 600 altogether.
Describe Jamil Mroueh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rochester Fertility Care.
Dr. Mroueh suggested that we be aggressive and we followed his advice of transferring 2 embryos each time. He fully informed us of the risks of doing so and we felt we made an informed decision.
2013 - 2018
Dr. Mroueh genuinely cares about his patients and always makes sure my health and safety is top priority, even if it means something disappointing may occur. I am so thankful to have a physician that truly takes his hyocratic oath to heart....Dr. Mroueh has been our number one cheerleader since starting this process. He is always honest and very hopeful. His sincerity has always made us that we are not alone, our success is his. He is truly a gifted doctor and an amazing individual.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Bring a list of questions to ask. It’s a lot of information at once.
Dr. Mroueh was always very conservative with medication since I responded too well sometimes to certain meds and hyperstimulation became a concern. Based on these risks the last 3 cycles we have done have all been with FET to insure I am healthy, safe, and prepared for embryo transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Carla )
Every person the staff there is excellent. One can tell that they are very selective and work with only the best. The nurses are all very knowledgeable and they always return your phone calls. You never feel like a bother.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
I have had nothing but great experiences and I have several friends and acquaintances that go to the clinic as well and everyone raves about how wonderful everyone there is. They take care of you and make a difficult and frustrating time seem manageable.
A cycle of IVF costs $8500. $8000 if you pay cash. Medications costs vary based on availability and your insurance.
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Mroueh is friendly, funny, and personable. There were a few times that we would have appreciated things being explained more clearly (they do this all day everyday, while we don't!), but I would recommend him hands down. He performed most of my procedures, though I did have a few appointments with his partner based on scheduling...2 IUI cycles with clomid, 4 IUI cycles with injectables - all failed.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Dr. Mroueh is very friendly and personable. He was also disappointed in not getting the results we wanted.
2 IUI cycles with clomid, 4 IUI cycles with injectables - all failed. We are taking a much needed break before deciding if we want to pursue IVF.
The nursing staff is very friendly. They take time to explain everything, create charts for medication/lab management, and demonstrate how to administer injections. One nurse has you face a wall of baby pictures from past clients when giving you shots "for good luck." :)
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The clinic is within a larger hospital campus. Parking is adequate and the office is easy to find, though I wish it was more centrally located. The clinic is clean. I have never had trouble making an appointment.
All of our procedures were covered under insurance - we were responsible for a reasonable co-pay. The cost quoted for IVF, which is not covered by insurance, was higher than a different clinic that our friends used.
2014 - 2017
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Mroueh] is a patient centered physician and treats you like family. When you experience set backs so does he and you can see it on his face. But he will also share the excitement when you finally get that pregnancy. I can't say enough about him as a doctor and the care he provided. Thanks to him we have our miracle baby....I love Dr.M and his staff. I saw him each and every time I had an appointment. He got to know me and my husband. I valued that relationship as it made a stressful process so much better
2014 - 2017
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He is a patient centered physician and treats you like family. When you experience set backs so does he and you can see it on his face. But he will also share the excitement when you finally get that pregnancy. I can't say enough about him as a doctor and the care he provided. Thanks to him we have our miracle baby.
His office is in greece and it may not be as fancy as the other centers in Rochester but the care far surpasses the others.
We used an agonist protocol with menopur and gonal f. Due to ohss after the egg retrieval we did 3 frozen embryo transfers with the first transfer resulting in our daughter.
Carla is amazing! She is honestly the best nurse and most caring person. She was the nurse I worked with each and every time so I got to know her well. She returned my calls when i had questions and she was the one who went over how to do the shots. She is honestly the sweetest woman ever!
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The biggest benefit to this center is the relationships you develop with Dr. M and Carla. Their caring approach makes a stressful situation so much better. Downside is driving to Greece if you live on the east side of rochester, but so worth it.
$7500 for the egg retrieval and $2500 for each FET after the first one which was included with the egg retrieval package.
We were educated on multiple births from multiple embryo transfers. But we did go with 2 embryos and ended up with 1 baby.
2013 - 2016
He [Dr. Mroueh] was very knowable about the field, he often quoted recent studies and talked about conferences he was going to. He gave us his cell number so that we could ahold of him if we needed him. He even helped us out with lab work while we were out of state. His bedside manner needed work but he was always very professional. He would explain to me and husband what was going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. He often knew what was going on in other parts of clinic and tried to be though with each of his patience.
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He was very knowable about the field, he often quoted recent studies and talked about conferences he was going to. He gave us his cell number so that we could ahold of him if we needed him. He even helped us out with lab work while we were out of state. His bedside manner needed work but he was always very professional. He would explain to me and husband what was going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. He often knew what was going on in other parts of clinic and tried to be though with each of his patience.
Adavacte for yourself if you have a question ask! Never leave there not understanding or unsure of the next step
He was also very kind and explained what was going and what going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. I never was left in the dark or unsure of my status
Carla was amazing she would leave us smiling and hopeful even after tought appointments
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
All staff were friendly, good comminunates and knowledgeable about your course of treatment. I never left there with out knowing what my bill was, what my next step was or when I had to come back. All staff communicated with others and I didn’t feel confused or unwelcomed.
Our insurance at the time covered aloud but still we ended up paying 3-5,000 over three years
What specific things went wrong at Rochester Fertility Care?
Rochester
He [Dr. Jamil Mroueh] is down to earth and easy to talk to. Wonderful doctor who made us feel very comfortable. Put us at ease from day one. Answered all of our questions thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone! I will be going back to him for future pregnancy plans...He was awesome. Encouraged us to ask as many questions as we wanted. Spent a lot of time with us- never in a rush. Never wanted to make fertility treatments seem like a burden
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He is down to earth and easy to talk to. Wonderful doctor who made us feel very comfortable. Put us at ease from day one. Answered all of our questions thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone! I will be going back to him for future pregnancy plans.
He was awesome. Encouraged us to ask as many questions as we wanted. Spent a lot of time with us- never in a rush. Never wanted to make fertility treatments seem like a burden.
I took clomid on cycle day 5-9 then had an ultrasound on day 13 which showed 3 large follicles. I got the HCG trigger shot that day and returned the next day (cycle day 14) for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
It’s a very calm and supportive atmosphere. You meet with the doctor right in his office. Nurses and secretaries are all very kind and sensitive to your needs. Nurses are organized and helpful and willing to provide education.
I had a high deductible health insurance plan so all of my costs were out of pocket. One round of IUI cost around 1200$ including meds and ultrasounds and appointments.