Available by cell phone
ResidencySUNY
FellowshipOhio St
1561 Long Pond Rd
Rochester, NY 14626
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jamil Mroueh to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rochester Fertility Care to a friend?
Dr. Mroueh was always willing to answer our questions. He fully explained every procedure prior, and every step during. He was professional yet human. When our cycles failed, I could feel his disappointment and when it was successful I could feel his joy. It was very bittersweet to leave his care...Dr. Mroueh was always compassionate and encouraging, while being genuine, transparent and honest...He offered a laparoscopy when our last iui failed but advised us to go straight to ivf, as any mild issue found in the laparoscopy may be overcome by ivf. He listened to me, as I didn't want to have the surgery.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Despite the lack of a fancy spa environment or refund packages, the care is second to none.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
The staff is small and I knew them all by name, including the front desk support. Dr. Mroueh was always compassionate and encouraging, while being genuine, transparent and honest.
Describe the protocols Jamil Mroueh used in your cycles at Rochester Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I completed 5 IUI treatments. The first with clomid and all the others with Gonal F. He added in Endometrin when injectable cycles failed. He offered a laparoscopy when our last iui failed but advised us to go straight to ivf, as any mild issue found in the laparoscopy may be overcome by ivf. He listened to me, as I didn't want to have the surgery. We did ivf twice.. both with frozen embryos (2 embryos each time). As I responded well to the protocol of menopur Lupron and PIO he had me continue the same for the second fet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
With a small nursing team of 3 I got to know them all well. I was primarily working with Carla though. She was sweet, compassionate, and taught me how to do each injection. She and the other nurses always got back to me with my questions, no matter how dumb haha. They were prompt, kind, and supportive.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Strengths: small, compassionate team, patient centered, genuine and transparent, honest, kind Weakness: expensive, no payment plans, no fancy spa like interventions or add ons
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care.
Iui was covered by my insurance as were medications for the iui cycle. I had a copay of $50 per visit. Ivf was 8500 for all appts, tests, egg retrievals, and transfers. It was another 2000 for the second transfer and all associated appts. Medication was separate, costing approx 600 altogether.
Describe Jamil Mroueh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rochester Fertility Care.
Dr. Mroueh suggested that we be aggressive and we followed his advice of transferring 2 embryos each time. He fully informed us of the risks of doing so and we felt we made an informed decision.
Rochester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care.

2012 - 2019
It's tricky because my body did not respond like everyone else's to the meds so he [Dr. Mroueh] always had to adjust and make a special protocol specific for me. He always knew how to make my unique situation work!...I cannot say enough about him - he cares SO much about me and my family. He never, EVER gave up on me and was ALWAYS there to answer every single question and concern. He is the world's GREATEST doctor.
2012 - 2019
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
I cannot say enough about him - he cares SO much about me and my family. After a successful IUI, we lost a sweet baby boy at 20 weeks due to a heart condition. He closed the office for 15 minutes just to tell everyone and they all cried. He then worked with us, NEVER giving up to go through IVF and giving us our dream. I could never, ever say enough about how wonderful he is - I owe him my entire future.
Call now. Right now.
It's tricky because my body did not respond like everyone else's to the meds so he always had to adjust and make a special protocol specific for me. He always knew how to make my unique situation work!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Carla )
All of the nurses are so kind, warm and wonderful but with IVF we mostly worked with Carla. Just like Dr. M, there are not enough words for the kindness, compassion and care she provided. I called a MILLION times, with a MILLON questions and she ALWAYS called me back quickly and never, ever made me feel like a burden. She, like all of this staff is amazing.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Everyone is organized, I never had to wait long to be seen - they are all kind and compassionate. From the reception desk, to the nurses, to the doctors - they always made you feel comfortable and welcome. I really mean it - there are ZERO weaknesses.
IUIs were covered by insurance. IVF was $8,000
Rochester

We did an IUI with Dr. Mroueh and he was very open with us through the process and explained everything in detail. We were very comfortable with him and trusted him the entire time. It was clear that it was important to him that we felt comfortable.... We did an IUI with clomid and a trigger shot. We did 5 days of 50 mg of clomid. The side effects were not bad and mainly just hot flashes. The day of the IUI we were informed that we had a very low sperm count after the sperm was washed
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Make a list of questions beforehand, because when you receive a lot of information or disappointing news, it can be overwhelming and hard to remember your questions.
He made a point for us to know that we could take all the time we needed to talk with him. He made sure to explain things thoroughly and was very easy to talk to. He made sure all our questions and concerns were answered before we left and encouraged us to call anytime.
We did an IUI with clomid and a trigger shot. We did 5 days of 50 mg of clomid. The side effects were not bad and mainly just hot flashes. The day of the IUI we were informed that we had a very low sperm count after the sperm was washed. We did the IUI anyways just in case, but the results were negative.
The nurse was very nice and informative. We felt very comfortable with her and she made sure we knew what we had to do as far as our medications for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
They are very helpful and informative. Anytime we have had medical or financial questions we were able to call and speak with someone. Everyone there is nice and easy to work with. We always have felt comfortable with everyone and well informed.
The IUI was $630 total including the procedure, the mid-cycle ultrasound and the medications

2013 - 2018
Dr. Mroueh genuinely cares about his patients and always makes sure my health and safety is top priority, even if it means something disappointing may occur. I am so thankful to have a physician that truly takes his hyocratic oath to heart....Dr. Mroueh has been our number one cheerleader since starting this process. He is always honest and very hopeful. His sincerity has always made us that we are not alone, our success is his. He is truly a gifted doctor and an amazing individual.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Bring a list of questions to ask. It’s a lot of information at once.
Dr. Mroueh was always very conservative with medication since I responded too well sometimes to certain meds and hyperstimulation became a concern. Based on these risks the last 3 cycles we have done have all been with FET to insure I am healthy, safe, and prepared for embryo transfers.
Every person the staff there is excellent. One can tell that they are very selective and work with only the best. The nurses are all very knowledgeable and they always return your phone calls. You never feel like a bother.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
I have had nothing but great experiences and I have several friends and acquaintances that go to the clinic as well and everyone raves about how wonderful everyone there is. They take care of you and make a difficult and frustrating time seem manageable.
A cycle of IVF costs $8500. $8000 if you pay cash. Medications costs vary based on availability and your insurance.

Other, Unexplained
Dr. Mroueh is friendly, funny, and personable. There were a few times that we would have appreciated things being explained more clearly (they do this all day everyday, while we don't!), but I would recommend him hands down. He performed most of my procedures, though I did have a few appointments with his partner based on scheduling...2 IUI cycles with clomid, 4 IUI cycles with injectables - all failed.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Dr. Mroueh is very friendly and personable. He was also disappointed in not getting the results we wanted.
2 IUI cycles with clomid, 4 IUI cycles with injectables - all failed. We are taking a much needed break before deciding if we want to pursue IVF.
The nursing staff is very friendly. They take time to explain everything, create charts for medication/lab management, and demonstrate how to administer injections. One nurse has you face a wall of baby pictures from past clients when giving you shots "for good luck." :)
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The clinic is within a larger hospital campus. Parking is adequate and the office is easy to find, though I wish it was more centrally located. The clinic is clean. I have never had trouble making an appointment.
All of our procedures were covered under insurance - we were responsible for a reasonable co-pay. The cost quoted for IVF, which is not covered by insurance, was higher than a different clinic that our friends used.
Rochester

I could ask for a better fertility doctor. He [Dr. Mroueh] was everything I hoped for and was always full of hope and certainty he could get me pregnant. If I ever had a question he never hesitated to answer in a compassionate easy to understand way. I always left feeling better and knowing what our next step would be.... I began with clomid with no known fertility issues for the first 3 rounds, with no luck switched to Femara. I ovulated early so did not do an IUI that cycle and he then had me go for a dye test to confirm no blockage with all came back great.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
I could ask for a better fertility doctor. He was everything I hoped for and was always full of hope and certainty he could get me pregnant. If I ever had a question he never hesitated to answer in a compassionate easy to understand way. I always left feeling better and knowing what our next step would be.
Don’t hesitate. There is no one better out there is my opinion. I feel so blessed and thankful for Dr. Mroueh and truly feel I would not be holding my little boy if it was not for him.
He made a point to always greet me know details about our life and showed a real compassion and desire to get me pregnant
I began with clomid with no known fertility issues for the first 3 rounds, with no luck switched to Femara. I ovulated early so did not do an IUI that cycle and he then had me go for a dye test to confirm no blockage with all came back great. On to injectibles. 3 cycles later positive pregnancy test and now an 18 month baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rochester Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Tina )
Always there to answer any call and call my nerves with any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Clean, friendly and welcoming. The kind staff puts you right at ease immediately. Both doctors are great and personable at the clinic and treat you like family. For a worrier like me I knew I could always call and get any issue or question answered.
Our co pays took place at the office. Medication and sperm ordering was done through other companies.

2014 - 2017
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Mroueh] is a patient centered physician and treats you like family. When you experience set backs so does he and you can see it on his face. But he will also share the excitement when you finally get that pregnancy. I can't say enough about him as a doctor and the care he provided. Thanks to him we have our miracle baby....I love Dr.M and his staff. I saw him each and every time I had an appointment. He got to know me and my husband. I valued that relationship as it made a stressful process so much better
2014 - 2017
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He is a patient centered physician and treats you like family. When you experience set backs so does he and you can see it on his face. But he will also share the excitement when you finally get that pregnancy. I can't say enough about him as a doctor and the care he provided. Thanks to him we have our miracle baby.
His office is in greece and it may not be as fancy as the other centers in Rochester but the care far surpasses the others.
We used an agonist protocol with menopur and gonal f. Due to ohss after the egg retrieval we did 3 frozen embryo transfers with the first transfer resulting in our daughter.
Carla is amazing! She is honestly the best nurse and most caring person. She was the nurse I worked with each and every time so I got to know her well. She returned my calls when i had questions and she was the one who went over how to do the shots. She is honestly the sweetest woman ever!
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
The biggest benefit to this center is the relationships you develop with Dr. M and Carla. Their caring approach makes a stressful situation so much better. Downside is driving to Greece if you live on the east side of rochester, but so worth it.
$7500 for the egg retrieval and $2500 for each FET after the first one which was included with the egg retrieval package.
We were educated on multiple births from multiple embryo transfers. But we did go with 2 embryos and ended up with 1 baby.

2013 - 2016
He [Dr. Mroueh] was very knowable about the field, he often quoted recent studies and talked about conferences he was going to. He gave us his cell number so that we could ahold of him if we needed him. He even helped us out with lab work while we were out of state. His bedside manner needed work but he was always very professional. He would explain to me and husband what was going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. He often knew what was going on in other parts of clinic and tried to be though with each of his patience.
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He was very knowable about the field, he often quoted recent studies and talked about conferences he was going to. He gave us his cell number so that we could ahold of him if we needed him. He even helped us out with lab work while we were out of state. His bedside manner needed work but he was always very professional. He would explain to me and husband what was going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. He often knew what was going on in other parts of clinic and tried to be though with each of his patience.
Adavacte for yourself if you have a question ask! Never leave there not understanding or unsure of the next step
He was also very kind and explained what was going and what going to happen before he would ask me to disrobe. I never was left in the dark or unsure of my status
Carla was amazing she would leave us smiling and hopeful even after tought appointments
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
All staff were friendly, good comminunates and knowledgeable about your course of treatment. I never left there with out knowing what my bill was, what my next step was or when I had to come back. All staff communicated with others and I didn’t feel confused or unwelcomed.
Our insurance at the time covered aloud but still we ended up paying 3-5,000 over three years
What specific things went wrong at Rochester Fertility Care?
2010 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Mroueh] was very kind, he did not rush, he included my husband in conversations, he was honest, he was available, he listened and he helped out financially with some of the cost of my IVF. ...My only complaint was that as I was newly diagnosed I did not know what questions to ask. After my lap surgery he did not tell me what stage I was or where my endo was found but he shared everything else and always made sure I was comfortable
2010 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He was very caring and kind. He answered questions and made me feel like his only patient he was honest and available. My only complaint was that as I was newly diagnosed I did not know what questions to ask. After my lap surgery he did not tell me what stage I was or where my endo was found but he shared everything else and always made sure I was comfortable
Ask questions he will answer
He was very kind, he did not rush, he included my husband in conversations, he was honest, he was available, he listened and he helped out financially with some of the cost of my IVF.
He did not want to waste time on treatments he did not feel would work. He also did not want to do anything he felt was unethical like transferring more than 3 embryos or putting together packages of paying up front for multiple tries.
Everyone including the receptionists showed so much compassion.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Again I really have very little negative things to say. I cried on my last visit because it was so wonderful there. Even when I was worried about the cost of the procedure he took money off where he could and made it easier for us to handle.
It was between $7,000-10,000. Just for my IVF procedure but through all of my experience he cut out office charges when he could and sent what he could to my insurance.
He did provide a class on the risks of multiple births and would not transfer more than 3 embryos but did suggest doing more than one.
Rochester

He [Dr. Jamil Mroueh] is down to earth and easy to talk to. Wonderful doctor who made us feel very comfortable. Put us at ease from day one. Answered all of our questions thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone! I will be going back to him for future pregnancy plans...He was awesome. Encouraged us to ask as many questions as we wanted. Spent a lot of time with us- never in a rush. Never wanted to make fertility treatments seem like a burden
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
He is down to earth and easy to talk to. Wonderful doctor who made us feel very comfortable. Put us at ease from day one. Answered all of our questions thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone! I will be going back to him for future pregnancy plans.
He was awesome. Encouraged us to ask as many questions as we wanted. Spent a lot of time with us- never in a rush. Never wanted to make fertility treatments seem like a burden.
I took clomid on cycle day 5-9 then had an ultrasound on day 13 which showed 3 large follicles. I got the HCG trigger shot that day and returned the next day (cycle day 14) for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
It’s a very calm and supportive atmosphere. You meet with the doctor right in his office. Nurses and secretaries are all very kind and sensitive to your needs. Nurses are organized and helpful and willing to provide education.
I had a high deductible health insurance plan so all of my costs were out of pocket. One round of IUI cost around 1200$ including meds and ultrasounds and appointments.
Rochester
He’s [Dr. Mroueh] a wonderful doctor and we would have stayed with him if he offered cheaper prices for IVF. He was awesome during my miscarriage- we got pregnant in our own one cycle and he took care of me. ... He always knew me by name, super friendly and great bedside manor ... 1st round 50mg, IUI. Second round injections IUI resulted in OHSS. 3rd round 100mg clomid IUI. All failed
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
Had a great experience. The only reason we left is because we’re looking at a cheaper option for IVF. He’s a wonderful doctor and we would have stayed with him if he offered cheaper prices for IVF. He was awesome during my miscarriage- we got pregnant in our own one cycle and he took care of me.
Ask a lot of questions
He always knew me by name, super friendly and great bedside manor
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
Seems like a smaller practice so that was nice. I never felt like a number. I thought the hours of the clinic were very restricting. Infertility is hard enough but then to have to try to get out of work multiple times per week:m. It would have been nice to have later hours
Insurance covered IUI but IVF would have been very expensive
Rochester

I get he [Dr. Mroueh] was a bit awkward with me being upset. He didn’t have much knowledge or encouragement for anything but the prescriptions such as supplements,accupuncture etc. he is a kind man but I need a more aggressive approach. He never really gave me explanations on anything.... Round one Clomid cycle days 5-9 had 4 follicles and lining was about 7. Did iui with 22million post wash sperm and trigger shot but ended with negative pregnancy test.
How was your experience with Jamil Mroueh at Rochester Fertility Care?
I get he was a bit awkward with me being upset. He didn’t have much knowledge or encouragement for anything but the prescriptions such as supplements,accupuncture etc. he is a kind man but I need a more aggressive approach. He never really gave me explanations on anything.
Do a lot of research and have him explain everything
They were always friendly and accommodating
Round one Clomid cycle days 5-9 had 4 follicles and lining was about 7. Did iui with 22million post wash sperm and trigger shot but ended with negative pregnancy test. Round 2 switched to femara to try and get the lining thicker but resulted in a cyst and cancelled iui but never got my period so after being 2 weeks last he prescribes provera to bring it on. Round 3 gonal F injections 9 days of 300 per day and trigger shot with 5 follicles ranging from 22 to 12 lining of 9 and 9 million post wash sperm ended in negative test. I requested an HSG to check for blockages and scar tissue but everything was good. 4th round clomid 5-9 tried naturally and was negative test.
I loved the nurses overall. I did have an issue on one occasion when I was asking one nurse questions and all She could say was how bad she felt for me. Really brought me down and upset me.
Describe your experience with Rochester Fertility Care.
They are very accommodating with appointments, getting back to you working with your insurance. They will get you in no matter what day of the week it is so that you don’t miss any cycles. The billing department is very good about helping you with insurance coding and answering all of your questions.
I have no coverage for infertility. I think the costs were very fair for the doctor.