Available by cell phone
23961 Calle de la Magdalena
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
500 Superior Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jane Frederick to a friend?

5.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC to a friend?
I asked [Dr. Jane Frederick] about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one...was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us...She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
The first meeting with Dr. Frederick she was really knowledgeable and asked us to get genetic testing. As soon as we got results it actually changed our plans. We then started IVF and she was there doing everything with us. She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC?
She is a bit blunt but I am a fan of that when it comes to medical. I want someone to tell me how it is. If you need something a bit more sugar coated then she may not be for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC?
Dr Frederick was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Liz and Michelle)
Liz was my coordinator for the retreival and Michelle was my coordinator for the transfer. Words can't describe how amazing they both are. So friendly, compassionate and polite. They helped answer any dumb questions that I had and we're just amazing!!
Describe your experience with HRC.
HRC had everything down to a science. Blood work, scans and meetings all take place upstairs and the retreival and transfer are downstairs. They do their best to always make sure you are very comfortable!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
Retreival $21,500 +$3,000 retreival medicine (we had the embryos tested PGD and PGS) Transfer $3,800 + $1,000 transfer meds
Describe Jane Frederick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC.
I asked about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jane Frederick at HRC.

Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. ... with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible. ... She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
European, Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. In comparison to a previous doctor I was seeing, I felt I was always questioning him and advocating for myself, with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible.
You'll be in good hands with Dr. Frederick.
I appreciated her being so matter of fact with us. Our previous fertility doctor was nice but also seemed to not give us the guidance we were looking for and Dr. Frederick has given us the guidance and confidence with this process. She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC and their degree of success.
I began with birth control on my 3rd day of my menstrual cycle and about 5 weeks later of all active birth control pills I stopped taking it. Had a baseline appointment to go over medications and any other questions I may have had. 5 days later I began Follistim 375IU and Menopur 1 vial for 10 days each at 7:30pm. I visited the doctor's office 3 times for ultrasound and blood lab. I started Ganirelix at 7am for 4 days on day 6 of medications. Had my 3rd, last appointment before egg retrieval which was 4 days later and reviewed medications and expectations for egg retrieval day. I took Ovidrel 35 hours before scheduled egg retrieval and began doxycycline (antibiotic) 1 day before egg retrieval. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs. 17 of those eggs were mature and 17 eggs were successfully fertilized. 14 embryos came from the 17 and our final number after PGS was 7 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Liz was compassionate and a great communicator. She encouraged questions and took her time with us when going over protocol and medications. It felt like she genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with HRC.
It's a very well organized clinic. They can get busy later in the day but I usually book the earliest appointment available and I haven't had any issues with waiting too long. The financial department was slightly slower in responding to my questions when comparing to the rest of their staff.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
I was able to book my monitoring appointments at my convenience, so I made the appointments for as soon as they opened and it seemed smooth to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
I believe it's more expensive than other clinics, however, what Dr. Frederick has provided to my husband and I is definitely worth it.
n/a, embryo transfer will be happening in June 2019

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jane Frederick at HRC.

During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. Every interaction with Dr. Frederick she said my name and knew the details of my progress...Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
I searched for a reproductive endocrinologist for two years and went to many initial consultations. Most fertility clinics in San Diego did not have great results for my age group, I am over age 35. Also, the labs were not great. For instance, at one lab in San Diego, I saw the Embryologist enter the fertility clinic through the public door wearing workout clothes. Then she put on a lab coat and entered the lab. In my opinion, that is not the best protocol for dealing with sensitive embryos. This is why I searched outside of San Diego. I also searched outside of California. I prayed to have a doctor like Dr. Frederick. Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met. During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. She exudes confidence and had a specific plan for us to be successful. Once we made our decision to continue with Dr. Frederick, the ENTIRE IVF process was smooth. I had two banking cycles before the frozen embryo transfer. This was recommended by Dr. Frederick to ensure greater success and she was correct. Both egg retrieval procedures were smooth. I did not experience any complications and minimal pain. Dr. Frederick’s techniques are exceptional. We transferred one embryo. Everything went smoothly and my husband and I were excited because we believed we were about to have our dream come true. I was on strict bed rest for three days and I started having pregnancy symptoms within one week. Ten days later I took a home pregnancy test and it immediately was positive. I was elated. I never seen a positive pregnancy test until that day. It was amazing. The day of the first pregnancy ultrasound Dr. Frederick showed us the baby and heartbeat. I immediately started crying. Amazing feeling seeing your baby’s heart beating and knowing that he or she is growing inside of you. The day of graduation from the fertility clinic, Dr. Frederick takes a picture with you. I started crying because I am so grateful to her for helping us experience our dream of having a baby. Currently, I am 10 weeks pregnant and baby is growing strong. We will go back to Dr. Frederick to have siblings for this baby. I recommend Dr. Frederick if you want to have a healthy baby. Her protocol and techniques work!
Pray and trust that you selected an excellent doctor. Dr. Frederick is experienced, professional and compassionate. She truly wants you to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. Trust her process, it works. I believe having a positive mindset will help in getting the results you want.
Because I am over age 35 and did not have many embryos at my first IVF cycle (with a different doctor), Dr. Frederick recommended two banking IVF cycles. She also recommended genetic testing and freezing embryos. This is to ensure she transfers a healthy normal embryo for a higher chance of success. Dr. Frederick recommended transferring one embryo because I had genetic testing. I used Gonal-F, Menopur, micro Lupron, Ganirelix, Lupron, Progesterone injections and suppositories, Estradiol, Doxycycline, Medrol
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Claudia Ascencio)
I was assigned an exceptional nurse, Claudia who guided me during the entire process. I was reminded by Claudia to trust the process because it works. The day of the frozen embryo transfer all nurses and staff were positive and encouraging. They created a positive environment in the surgery center and I believe that also contributes to Dr. Frederick’s success rates.
Describe your experience with HRC.
HRC in Newport Beach is a busy office. However, I never had to wait longer than five minutes for my appointment. The surgery center is exceptional. I especially want to recognize HRC’s lab because the Embryologists ensure the best environment and growth for embryos. I do not know the details but whatever they do, it works! We did genetic testing on all our embryos to ensure that we only transferred a healthy and normal embryo.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
Dr. Frederick’s costs were better if you have more than one IVF cycle.
We agreed with Dr. Frederick to transfer a single embryo. We had our embryos genetically tested. We wanted the best success rate and agreed to transfer one embryo.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jane Frederick at HRC.

Dr. Frederick can be very direct, to the point and almost cold in how she explains things. But she’s correct and she is good at her job, and the point is to get you successfully pregnant and carry that baby to term....Dr. Jane Frederick is a specific kind of doctor and not for the faint of heart. She is direct, clear, gets to the point and knows exactly what she is talking about (meaning she has logical evidence to support her opinions and treatment plans).
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
Dr. Jane Frederick is a specific kind of doctor and not for the faint of heart. She is direct, clear, gets to the point and knows exactly what she is talking about (meaning she has logical evidence to support her opinions and treatment plans). She is not the most empathetic person in the world. She isn’t necessarily cold, I feel that is too harsh, but she isn’t warm either. So somewhere in the middle I guess. She is not the shoulder to cry on if you’re feeling overwhelmed with your fertility process. But she is the hands that will get you pregnant and will be up front and honest with what to expect / how to do it. If you do what Dr. Frederick asks of you, you will have a healthy pregnancy and bring a healthy baby into the world.
Don’t let what she says hurt your feelings. She’s very honest and blunt. Be open to what she is saying and really hear her responses to your questions. If you want someone to unapologetically tell you how it is and what you need to do to conceive, Jane Frederick will do exactly that for you.
Dr. Frederick can be very direct, to the point and almost cold in how she explains things. But she’s correct and she is good at her job, and the point is to get you successfully pregnant and carry that baby to term. That being said, the nurses and coordinators on her team are the most wonderful, kind, warm and genuine human beings I have ever met. The two sides make it a perfect pair. I know without a doubt that Dr. Frederick knows what she is doing and that my body is in good hands, while I know I can always call my coordinator and she will listen to me and give me the emotional support I need.
Each person is very different and I’m sure no two patients are alike. I’m young but I have a low AMH level, so Dr. Frederick advised us to skip IUI altogether - her exact words were not to waste my time or my money because it would take a very long time - and to do IVF for conception. That would save me money in the long run. She said statistically I have an 85% chance of getting pregnant on my first try if I do what she asks. Secondly, she said my wife needed to be tested as well and she wanted to make sure that everyone involved in this process is healthy and ready for a child (whether you’re the one pregnant or not). At first I thought that was strange, but thinking about it now, it makes so much sense and I really appreciate how thorough she is in everything she does. I also appreciate how quick and to the point she is about how we can cross all of our t’s and dot all of our i’s. In less than 24 hours I had a full treatment plan and a full cost breakdown. I made sure to ask who would be doing these medical procedures. Other than the sonohystogram and blood work, Dr. Frederick will be doing all other procedures herself (egg retrieval, embryo PGS, FET, ultrasound, etc.). I will be starting on BC and then injections next month after my menstrual cycle has started.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
The entire staff at HRC is incredible. Where Dr. Frederick is very smart, educated and good at her job, she isn’t always compassionate. But the staff at HRC makes up for that a thousand times over. They are the sweetest, most accommodating and helpful people I have ever met. They genuinely care about what they do and it translates into every aspect of their job. HRC (Liz and Michelle specifically) are incredible human beings and I am so lucky to be in their care.
Describe your experience with HRC.
It can be a bit of a long wait to 1. Get an appointment and 2. See the doctor once you are there. But waiting is inevitable at any doctors office. I think we waited 20 minutes past our appointment time the first time and then 10 minutes past the second. But after that, they are great with coordinating with your calendar. The facility is clean, warm and organized. The office we went to is out of Hoag so it is very nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
The cost for IVF was much more expensive than an FET, but the total cost was still far more affordable than anywhere else we looked. An FET at HRC is $3,600 (pre-medication). I am not sure of the total cost of IVF, but for me (I’m young and low AMH is the only issue) it was around $20k
She was VERY specific: NO TWINS. We will transfer one healthy embryo and produce one very healthy baby.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Did one retrieval with her [Dr. Frederick], transferred zero embryos. We tried for a second round and she cancelled the round before retrieval because I didn't have any follicles. She and I were in an examination room alone when she told me this. After she said we were cancelling the round, she said at the end, "I will see you in the front," as if there were more things to talk about in the front. I finished up and waited in the front. After waiting 5 mins while she talked with other patients, I went up to her and asked her if she needed anything else from me. She said, "Who are you?"
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
She was worse than Potter on remembering patients and the only reason I went with her is because our insurance at the time covered ART and HRC was on the list of approved providers. I didnt want to deal with waiting with Potter, so I thought we could manage with Frederick. She was a good salesperson as she makes you feel like she is competent but when it comes to the outcome, not so much. For example, when I had my two failed rounds and I suggested egg donor, she wrote back in an email, "We have excellent donors." She was lying, as HRC is not affiliated with any donor agencies and their donor coordinator was horrible at searching for donors. I stopped responding at that point because our benefits ran out at that time.
Be prepared to be in your hospital gown, on your hospital bed, with two other patients with you at the surgery center and she tells each one of you the same thing... Definitely felt like a number then, too.
Did one retrieval with her, transferred zero embryos. We tried for a second round and she cancelled the round before retrieval because I didn't have any follicles. She and I were in an examination room alone when she told me this. After she said we were cancelling the round, she said at the end, "I will see you in the front," as if there were more things to talk about in the front. I finished up and waited in the front. After waiting 5 mins while she talked with other patients, I went up to her and asked her if she needed anything else from me. She said, "Who are you?"
First round called for Follistim, second round called for Menopur. I don't have many eggs to choose from so I don't think she had much choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
I do my best to be accountable in my actions and responsive in my communication. I believe the high price of IVF services demands high quality customer care and I believe the protocols of HRC helped Priscilla do her job well but over time I ended up having to prompt her for every step which was frustrating.
Describe your experience with HRC.
The wait for Frederick wasn't as bad as Potter. I was very disappointed with the lab team as there was one person who draw my blood and leave me black and blue for days. The front office team was well coordinated.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
Although my appointment was at a specific time, the order in which I would be seen was dependent on what time I signed in. For the same exact appointment time, I have waited 5 mins and other times I waited an hour.
I don't remember, sorry.
We didn't get this far.

3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Frederick has a set protocol for all her patients. The treatment plan was not customized. In spite of my diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, she put me on birth control pill for 31 days before the injectables in order to accommodate her busy schedule with all her patients. My eggs were retrieved before they were matured and they all could not survive 3 days after retrieval. After the treatment, Dr. Frederick told me to consider donor eggs because she " could not make miracle happen."
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
A few hours after the very first consultation with Dr. Frederick, we were given the calendar of dates for the injectable, the dosage and also the egg retrieval date without her doing any physical exam or ultrasound on me. Because of her reported high success rate, I chose to trust her even though I felt I was being treated like a number.
Try harder.
Antagonist protocol with Gonal F 450 unit and Menopur 75 unit together from the beginning till the end. No dosage adjustment at all throughout the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla Davalos)
Dr. Frederick has many patients so the care coordinator is also very busy. I could not understand why it took her 7 days to notify me my day 3 blood test results after I had started my ivf cycle with my injectables. It is totally not acceptable.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Clinic is a chaos. Too many patients are waited to be seen. There are tons of patient but not enough seats. Some patients have to sit on the floor and some of them has to wait outside of the clinic. It is a disaster.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC.
I lived 1.5 hours away from HRC orange county, so I did my monitoring ultrasounds at HRC oceanside branch. What bothered me was that, the ultrasound technician refused to told me what she saw in the ultrasound. She said the doctor would explain to me, but the doctor never did. I went in for couple of ultrasounds for my ivf cycle and I had no clue of how my body responded to the injectables. I was kept away from the information of how the cycle went.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
I signed up for 2 cycle banking of embryos, which is $23K. After 1st cycle failed, we decided to find another doctor and we got the refund from HRC for $11K. So this failed cycle cost us $12K with only egg retrieval, no PGS done, no transfer, and injectables not included.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jane Frederick at HRC.

Dr. Frederick is a nice woman, however, I don’t feel like she thinks outside the box. I felt like she had a set protocol no matter who the patient is. She didn’t take the time to really find out what the cause of our infertility was.... I felt like Dr. Frederick didn’t take the time to see what the best protocol would be for me. I felt like she had 2 protocols and she didn’t tailor the protocols to me. It felt like she didn’t take the time to do simple tests to see if there were any other issues that could be contributing to our infertility.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
Dr. Frederick is a nice woman, however, I don’t feel like she thinks outside the box. I felt like she had a set protocol no matter who the patient is. She didn’t take the time to really find out what the cause of our infertility was. She doesn’t have any bedside manners either, which is fine because my husband and I didn’t need the extra handholding. That being said, it would have been nice to have some compassion when none of our embryos passed genetic testing our first cycle or when we only had one healthy embryo the second cycle and then miscarried.
Don’t expect to have your protocol tailored to you and don’t expect her to have good bedside manners.
Honestly, I don’t remember because it was all a blur. However, it’s my understanding that she uses two protocols and she tried both on me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Allyn Ann and Natalie)
Allyn Ann was absolutely amazing! I wish she were a fertility doctor so she could help us have a baby. She went above and beyond what an average nurse would do. Natalie was so great too. She was very responsive and compassionate. Highly recommend both.
Describe your experience with HRC.
HRC has great facilities that are easily accessible. The facilities are very clean. The support staff and nurses were all very welcoming and make me feel comfortable, especially when I first went and was in uncomfortable positions 😬 One weakness is that the Newport Beach Office is more often than not running late.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
The costs for Dr. Frederick were about $20,000 and the medications were about $5,000
We only had one healthy embryo so we didn’t have a choice.

IVF, Donor Eggs
We only talked to the doctor [Dr. Frederick] twice in a 13 month period...Dr. Frederick didn't contact us when we decided to use frozen eggs. She should've contacted us and reviewed the pros and cons of this route...Dr. Frederick was well aware of our finances and showed complete lack of compassion to us....Honestly how was I supposed to be hopeful when the doctor was so negative. After she transferred our 1 embroyo that made it after 5 days,
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
Since we only saw her twice in over a year I can't speak to her strengths. Maybe except she always got back to the nurse fairly quickly. After her giving the go ahead to use frozen donor eggs she only communicatedthat they had a lower success rate but proceeded since we were doing PGS testing. The day of our transfer she walked in and said "well frozen wasn't the way to go, the red flag was that we had to thaw 14 to get 5." That was the first thing she said to us! Then proceeded to say our embryo was a B/C grade and that she would go ahead and transfer it but the odds weren't good. Honestly how was I supposed to be hopeful when the doctor was so negative. After she transferred our 1 embroyo that made it after 5 days, and PGS testing she said "well if this doesn't work let's re-group and do a fresh transfer". I started crying uncontrollable how could she think we just had another $30,000 laying around! No compassion at all. Financially we opted for frozen eggs vs fresh because that's what we had to start a family. Dr. Frederick was well aware of our finances and showed complete lack of compassion to us.
Make sure you're okay with only communicating to a nurse coordinator.
We only talked to the doctor twice in a 13 month period. We only talked to our patient coordinator (who was amazing!) During each visit the tech who did my blood work and checked my uterine lining never knew what was going on with my appts. It felt like we were telling them what to do vs. them being aware of our appt.
I was put on birth control pills, progesterone in oil, estrace, and one more injection that I can't recall the name. My protocol made sense and everything went smoothly. My uterine lining was thick enough to move forward with a transfer. She did try and put me on a ton of supplements that I purchased once. When I was finished I went to Whole Foods and purchased my own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Castillo Rubio)
Natalie was great, through in her communication, quick, compassionate, and always accommodated our appt times. I wish she was contracted so she could work with other doctors!
Describe your experience with HRC.
The clinic was great. The only odd thing was that they always played kids movies in the waiting room. The surgical center where they do the transfer never had enough seating and for some reason there were a lot of children (not babies but children). The only time we had to wait longer than 10 minutes was the day of our transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
All of our fees were paid to the egg donor agency except the PGS testing fee which was $5,050
We only had 1embryo to transfer.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Frederick] was very helpful & always answered my questioned. ... he was very alert & was always there when I had questions. She made time for me ... She was very informative & made sure I understood everything before I left my appointments. If I had additional questions after my appointments I was able to email her & she would respond the same day & or call me if she felt it would of been before.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
She was very helpful & always answered my questioned. She was very informative & made sure I understood everything before I left my appointments. If I had additional questions after my appointments I was able to email her & she would respond the same day & or call me if she felt it would of been before.
Go in with all your questions written down she is very knowledgeable.
She was very alert & was always there when I had questions. She made time for me
She had a calendar for me which documented when I should take my meds & at what time. If a blood test came back not to her standards she would adjust & resend my calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
She was 100% there for me. Always took my phone calls & responses to emails right away
Describe your experience with HRC.
Strength: you are assigned my coordinator & she knows everything about you so you don’t have to worry about being passed around. Weakness: I’m unsure they where very helpful. Maybe it was making sure they would open at the time they said they would be open. Since I would take AM appt. to make sure I made it work on time
Treatment was not cheap. I spent approx. $20k on 1 round of ivf & $6k for FET

2009 - 2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
We followed the calendar to a tee [with Dr. Jane Frederick] and didn’t need to make any adjustments...Didn’t feel a connection with her. I didn’t feel she explained much at all with me...She was nice but I didn’t feel that She explained much to me. No conversation was had in detail on trying to figure out the “why” behind our infertility. I felt like we jumped right into IVF which was ok but I would have liked more in depth conversation.
2009 - 2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC?
Make sure you bring up everything you want to know. Don’t let your appointment go fast without having a true understanding of what is going on.
I used Lupron. I don’t remember much details about all the mess used. We followed the calendar to a tee and didn’t need to make any adjustments.
Polite and caring.
Describe your experience with HRC.
Very busy clinic. It was very clean and inviting. It was located in an medical office building setting. Small waiting room. It has been a while since I have been there but i do remember the room had a TV for entertainment while waiting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC.
No cost. We won a free IVF.
She was comfortable doing a total of 2 embryos. No more than that.