6.5

23961 Calle de la Magdalena
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
500 Superior Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663

I asked [Dr. Jane Frederick] about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one...was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us...She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
Liz was my coordinator for the retreival and Michelle was my coordinator for the transfer [at HRC]. Words can't describe how amazing they both are. So friendly, compassionate and polite. They helped answer any dumb questions that I had and we're just amazing!!...Retreival $21,500 +$3,000 retreival medicine (we had the embryos tested PGD and PGS) Transfer $3,800 + $1,000 transfer meds...HRC had everything down to a science. Blood work, scans and meetings all take place upstairs and the retreival and transfer are downstairs. They do their best to always make sure you are very comfortable!
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
The first meeting with Dr. Frederick she was really knowledgeable and asked us to get genetic testing. As soon as we got results it actually changed our plans. We then started IVF and she was there doing everything with us. She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
She is a bit blunt but I am a fan of that when it comes to medical. I want someone to tell me how it is. If you need something a bit more sugar coated then she may not be for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Dr Frederick was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Liz and Michelle)
Liz was my coordinator for the retreival and Michelle was my coordinator for the transfer. Words can't describe how amazing they both are. So friendly, compassionate and polite. They helped answer any dumb questions that I had and we're just amazing!!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.
Describe Jane Frederick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I asked about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one.
Newport Beach

Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. ... with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible. ... She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
It's a very well organized clinic. They can get busy later in the day but I usually book the earliest appointment available and I haven't had any issues with waiting too long. The financial department was slightly slower in responding to my questions when comparing to the rest of their staff. ... I was able to book my monitoring appointments at my convenience, so I made the appointments for as soon as they opened and it seemed smooth to me.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. In comparison to a previous doctor I was seeing, I felt I was always questioning him and advocating for myself, with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible.
You'll be in good hands with Dr. Frederick.
I appreciated her being so matter of fact with us. Our previous fertility doctor was nice but also seemed to not give us the guidance we were looking for and Dr. Frederick has given us the guidance and confidence with this process. She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I began with birth control on my 3rd day of my menstrual cycle and about 5 weeks later of all active birth control pills I stopped taking it. Had a baseline appointment to go over medications and any other questions I may have had. 5 days later I began Follistim 375IU and Menopur 1 vial for 10 days each at 7:30pm. I visited the doctor's office 3 times for ultrasound and blood lab. I started Ganirelix at 7am for 4 days on day 6 of medications. Had my 3rd, last appointment before egg retrieval which was 4 days later and reviewed medications and expectations for egg retrieval day. I took Ovidrel 35 hours before scheduled egg retrieval and began doxycycline (antibiotic) 1 day before egg retrieval. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs. 17 of those eggs were mature and 17 eggs were successfully fertilized. 14 embryos came from the 17 and our final number after PGS was 7 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Liz was compassionate and a great communicator. She encouraged questions and took her time with us when going over protocol and medications. It felt like she genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I believe it's more expensive than other clinics, however, what Dr. Frederick has provided to my husband and I is definitely worth it.
n/a, embryo transfer will be happening in June 2019
Newport Beach

During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. Every interaction with Dr. Frederick she said my name and knew the details of my progress...Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met
I was assigned an exceptional nurse, Claudia who guided me during the entire process [at HRC]. I was reminded by Claudia to trust the process because it works. The day of the frozen embryo transfer all nurses and staff were positive and encouraging. They created a positive environment in the surgery center...Dr. Frederick’s costs were better if you have more than one IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
I searched for a reproductive endocrinologist for two years and went to many initial consultations. Most fertility clinics in San Diego did not have great results for my age group, I am over age 35. Also, the labs were not great. For instance, at one lab in San Diego, I saw the Embryologist enter the fertility clinic through the public door wearing workout clothes. Then she put on a lab coat and entered the lab. In my opinion, that is not the best protocol for dealing with sensitive embryos. This is why I searched outside of San Diego. I also searched outside of California. I prayed to have a doctor like Dr. Frederick. Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met. During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. She exudes confidence and had a specific plan for us to be successful. Once we made our decision to continue with Dr. Frederick, the ENTIRE IVF process was smooth. I had two banking cycles before the frozen embryo transfer. This was recommended by Dr. Frederick to ensure greater success and she was correct. Both egg retrieval procedures were smooth. I did not experience any complications and minimal pain. Dr. Frederick’s techniques are exceptional. We transferred one embryo. Everything went smoothly and my husband and I were excited because we believed we were about to have our dream come true. I was on strict bed rest for three days and I started having pregnancy symptoms within one week. Ten days later I took a home pregnancy test and it immediately was positive. I was elated. I never seen a positive pregnancy test until that day. It was amazing. The day of the first pregnancy ultrasound Dr. Frederick showed us the baby and heartbeat. I immediately started crying. Amazing feeling seeing your baby’s heart beating and knowing that he or she is growing inside of you. The day of graduation from the fertility clinic, Dr. Frederick takes a picture with you. I started crying because I am so grateful to her for helping us experience our dream of having a baby. Currently, I am 10 weeks pregnant and baby is growing strong. We will go back to Dr. Frederick to have siblings for this baby. I recommend Dr. Frederick if you want to have a healthy baby. Her protocol and techniques work!
Pray and trust that you selected an excellent doctor. Dr. Frederick is experienced, professional and compassionate. She truly wants you to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. Trust her process, it works. I believe having a positive mindset will help in getting the results you want.
Because I am over age 35 and did not have many embryos at my first IVF cycle (with a different doctor), Dr. Frederick recommended two banking IVF cycles. She also recommended genetic testing and freezing embryos. This is to ensure she transfers a healthy normal embryo for a higher chance of success. Dr. Frederick recommended transferring one embryo because I had genetic testing. I used Gonal-F, Menopur, micro Lupron, Ganirelix, Lupron, Progesterone injections and suppositories, Estradiol, Doxycycline, Medrol
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claudia Ascencio)
I was assigned an exceptional nurse, Claudia who guided me during the entire process. I was reminded by Claudia to trust the process because it works. The day of the frozen embryo transfer all nurses and staff were positive and encouraging. They created a positive environment in the surgery center and I believe that also contributes to Dr. Frederick’s success rates.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC in Newport Beach is a busy office. However, I never had to wait longer than five minutes for my appointment. The surgery center is exceptional. I especially want to recognize HRC’s lab because the Embryologists ensure the best environment and growth for embryos. I do not know the details but whatever they do, it works! We did genetic testing on all our embryos to ensure that we only transferred a healthy and normal embryo.
Dr. Frederick’s costs were better if you have more than one IVF cycle.
We agreed with Dr. Frederick to transfer a single embryo. We had our embryos genetically tested. We wanted the best success rate and agreed to transfer one embryo.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?

2015 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Frederick] was very helpful & always answered my questioned. ... he was very alert & was always there when I had questions. She made time for me ... She was very informative & made sure I understood everything before I left my appointments. If I had additional questions after my appointments I was able to email her & she would respond the same day & or call me if she felt it would of been before.
Strength: you are assigned my coordinator & she knows everything about you so you don’t have to worry about being passed around. Weakness: I’m unsure they [HRC] where very helpful. Maybe it was making sure they would open at the time they said they would be open. Since I would take AM appt. to make sure I made it work on time ... She [nurse] was 100% there for me. Always took my phone calls & responses to emails right away
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
She was very helpful & always answered my questioned. She was very informative & made sure I understood everything before I left my appointments. If I had additional questions after my appointments I was able to email her & she would respond the same day & or call me if she felt it would of been before.
Go in with all your questions written down she is very knowledgeable.
She was very alert & was always there when I had questions. She made time for me
She had a calendar for me which documented when I should take my meds & at what time. If a blood test came back not to her standards she would adjust & resend my calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
She was 100% there for me. Always took my phone calls & responses to emails right away
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strength: you are assigned my coordinator & she knows everything about you so you don’t have to worry about being passed around. Weakness: I’m unsure they where very helpful. Maybe it was making sure they would open at the time they said they would be open. Since I would take AM appt. to make sure I made it work on time
Treatment was not cheap. I spent approx. $20k on 1 round of ivf & $6k for FET
Newport Beach

Thank you Dr. Frederick for your kindness and attention throughout my treatment. I appreciated your gentle manner in providing treatment and recommendations...The process was scary at first but Dr. Frederick and her team were so calm, patient, and supportive throughout our journey...[she] was always on call and always available to answer any questions that we had...
This process [at HRC Fertility] seemed scary at first, but Dr. Frederick and her team walked us through everything and made sure we were comfortable. She is a great communicator and very thorough in her consultation and routine visits...Insurance was able to cover some costs. The other costs were what I expected..
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Thank you Dr. Frederick for your kindness and attention throughout my treatment. I appreciated your gentle manner in providing treatment and recommendations. Your patients are lucky to have you! Thank you again for everything.
Highly recommend!! She made me feel comfortable and safe and ultimately was the only doctor who could help us achieve our goals. The process was scary at first but Dr. Frederick and her team were so calm, patient, and supportive throughout our journey. We are forever grateful for you!
Everyone has been great! Wonderful experience all around. Dr. Frederick and her team are phenomenal! We have thoroughly appreciated the time and care that all staff have provided. She was very patient with us through the entire process.
The process was easy and the time flew by. Dr. Frederick was always on call and always available to answer any questions that we had.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This process seemed scary at first, but Dr. Frederick and her team walked us through everything and made sure we were comfortable. She is a great communicator and very thorough in her consultation and routine visits. I trust Dr. Frederick and highly recommend her.
Insurance was able to cover some costs. The other costs were what I expected. You can't put a price on high quality health care from a top doctor.