4.1

2555 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026
847-998-8200

2016 - 2020, Successful
She [Dr. Nani] was an adequate provider, but she lacks somewhat in her bedside manner. I felt comfortable with her, but she would give generic responses to questions and she would often speak very fast. My husband would have a hard time following her. ... She is very generic with her consultations. She has generic answers and phrases for most questions.
FCI is big which is good and bad. You have to do all your egg retrievals and transfers at the River North campus. You can do all your labs and routine care at your local clinic. They are also very flexible with accommodating you for labs. ... The nurses were fabulous. They made sure that you completely understood your results. She was also very fast as responding to questions
How was your experience with Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was an adequate provider, but she lacks somewhat in her bedside manner. I felt comfortable with her, but she would give generic responses to questions and she would often speak very fast. My husband would have a hard time following her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Make sure to ask question
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the protocols Jane Nani used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
Not sure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Not sure
Describe Jane Nani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
She was open to multiple embryos only up to 2
Hoffman Estates

Very limited interaction with Dr Nani herself. The follow up meetings after each cycle were incredibly short and rushed. No discussion about protocols used, what worked, didn’t. Pushed out the door...It’s obvious Dr Nani is knowledgeable, just not personable...She never presented options (we brought them to her), nor did she listen to our concerns. She answered questions in a rushed manner at a level above our heads and then abruptly changed the topic.
[Fertility Center of Illinois is] a good facility, but they are concerned with their statistics and moving people thru according to a prescribed formula. Again, know yourself and align your doctor and care team with what you need. Don’t let them brush you off until you know you are done. They work for you...We stayed with the clinic this long because of the nursing team- from Sarah to Anne to Angel. All were so kind and truly seemed to be rooting for us. They showed compassion. When we got negative results they cried with us. Dr Nani couldn’t even pick up the phone herself.
How was your experience with Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
It’s obvious Dr Nani is knowledgeable, just not personable. At least, not if she does t care about your particular situation. She never presented options (we brought them to her), nor did she listen to our concerns. She answered questions in a rushed manner at a level above our heads and then abruptly changed the topic.
Look at her website and if you don’t fall into her passion area, seek treatment with other doctors. When she is done with you, she’s done.
We probably tried all of them at some point, but HGH was the most successful once we got there. No rationale was ever given beyond “seems like you are responding so let’s try it again.”
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It’s a good facility, but they are concerned with their statistics and moving people thru according to a prescribed formula. Again, know yourself and align your doctor and care team with what you need. Don’t let them brush you off until you know you are done. They work for you.
Covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The nurse said one thing and the doctors said another (despite the nurse talking to the doctor). Lab work was lost and had to be redone. Orders sometimes weren’t ready for us.
Glenview

Dr Nani was very positive during our meetings but unfortunately I do not think she is a very analytical Dr, she tends to do the same thing over and over even if it does not yield different results. She talks very quickly and is a bit scattered so sometimes I did not have a clear understanding of what was going on or what to expect next...Be sure to get all of your questions in during consultations even if she seems to rush or blow past them.
She [Dr. Nani] used a mircrodose Lupron protocol for an attempted fresh cycle. My fsh was too high so she put me on birth control even through I stated over and over that Bc yields bad results for me. That cycle ended up being cancelled...The front desk (Nora) is so great. She’s very sweet and positive. The phlebotomist was terrible. I’ve never had problems with blood draws before but she hurt me and bruised me every single time I was there (which was often).
How was your experience with Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Consultations felt really rushed and like she didn’t really have time for me.
She used a mircrodose Lupron protocol for an attempted fresh cycle. My fsh was too high so she put me on birth control even through I stated over and over that Bc yields bad results for me. That cycle ended up being cancelled.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It was covered by my insurance so I am not really sure
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Sometimes what the Dr and what the nurse told me weren’t quite the same and caused confusion several times.
Hoffman Estates

Dr Nani needs to set more reasonable expectations regarding treatment outcomes. ... Dr. Nani is very friendly. However, I didn't interact with her much. I interacted primarily with her nurses. I felt more like a number than a human being. I don't feel like I received an individualized treatment plan. It felt like a one size fits all sort of treatment. ... If you don't understand something let Dr. Nani know. Call and schedule an appointment in person or via phone to speak to Dr. Nani not her nurse.
I think there needs to be more appropriate follow up with patients. The staff [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is unfriendly. The nurses need to work on their bedside manners. ... There were quite a few times where the clinic was not familiar with my appointment. On one occasion the clinic forgot to schedule my frozen embryo transfer. ... I felt more like a number than a human being. ...
How was your experience with Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself. If you don't understand something let Dr. Nani know. Call and schedule an appointment in person or via phone to speak to Dr. Nani not her nurse. You are paying a lot for specialized service. That specialized service should come from a doctor not a nurse.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
You are treated as a number.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I think there needs to be more appropriate follow up with patients. The staff is unfriendly. The nurses need to work on their bedside manners. Dr Nani needs to set more reasonable expectations regarding treatment outcomes.
Lindenhurst (closed)

I only spoke with her [Dr. Nani] once. Our initial meeting was very rushed and both my husband and I felt like we didn't have a minute to think of any questions. She told us everything would be no problem and we would be pregnant in no time. She never set realistic expectations. I had no idea I'd never see her again, basically. I had no idea she wouldn't be doing my egg retrieval, but instead a random doctor on call. She never personally reached out after my retrieval. I had no idea if I was supposed to schedule a follow-up appointment.
This clinic [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is very large and therefore personalized care is difficult to come by...I had some miscommunication about when to do specific things. At the end, nobody offered me information about embryo grade. I didn't even know there was a grading scale so after I found out, I had to call back and ask. I also had some issues with having to go to a downtown location for weekend monitoring, and them telling me to just go to my regular office for my next monitoring (I couldn't call to make an appointment because they were closed) and then showing up to a frazzled/annoyed front desk staff.
How was your experience with Jane Nani at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr Nani reminds me very much of a surgeon. She is probably very skilled at her job but she is not a great communicator and doesn't show a lot of compassion for what her patients are going through. She provided very little information about what to expect and therefore my first cycle was extremely stressful.
Be more clear about what to expect in general, from an experience standpoint. Set realistic expectations. Be clear that just because she is your doctor, that doesn't mean you will see her very often.
I only spoke with her once. Our initial meeting was very rushed and both my husband and I felt like we didn't have a minute to think of any questions. She told us everything would be no problem and we would be pregnant in no time. She never set realistic expectations. I had no idea I'd never see her again, basically. I had no idea she wouldn't be doing my egg retrieval, but instead a random doctor on call. She never personally reached out after my retrieval. I had no idea if I was supposed to schedule a follow-up appointment. Basically she just threw me onto the conveyer belt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
My nurse was very nice but disorganized. She always seemed surprised when I had extra questions for her, however she definitely made the effort to stay on the phone with me to answer any questions I had. A couple of times I felt insecure about her but overall she proved to be my greatest source of information during my cycle.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
This clinic is very large and therefore personalized care is difficult to come by. If you're a hands-off kind of person, that may not bother you at all. For me, I expected more.
Fortunately most of it was covered by insurance. I had to pay $1500 for egg freezing, though.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I had some miscommunication about when to do specific things. At the end, nobody offered me information about embryo grade. I didn't even know there was a grading scale so after I found out, I had to call back and ask. I also had some issues with having to go to a downtown location for weekend monitoring, and them telling me to just go to my regular office for my next monitoring (I couldn't call to make an appointment because they were closed) and then showing up to a frazzled/annoyed front desk staff. That happened twice. You can call to leave a message, but the staff doesn't get through all the messages by the time you go in.
Chicago/River North