Available by cell phone
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipYale
115 East 57th St
NYC, NY 10022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Janelle Luk to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Generation Next Fertility to a friend?
2017 - 2019
7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Ask as many questions as you need to. Dr. Luk will take the time to answer them. You can also email her...my husband and I had several in depth meetings with Dr. Luk to discuss the next course of treatment and/or weigh options...Due to poor results from the last two cycles Dr. Luk decided to change direction and try a lupron micro-flare going for quality over quantity; 12 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to freeze; 2/3 were PGS normal...transferred two PGS normal embryos again with an immune protocol; now 20 weeks pregnant with one
Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat [at Neway Medical] both suggested transferring two embryos after I experienced two chemical pregnancies with PGS tested embryos. They did not take this decision lightly and thoroughly reviewed all the risks with me. In the end I am grateful that they were open to this possibility as I became pregnant with a singleton from this transfer...Despite how busy the clinic is, ultimately it's much smaller than most other clinics, so you will see the same doctor(s), nurses, and front desk staff over and over. It's nice to see familiar faces, and I never felt as though I was treated like a number.
2017 - 2019
7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk is very high energy and extremely intelligent. As others have said, she will speak quickly, and you need to be prepared to slow down and ask questions as needed. I have the impression that she is so passionate about her work and so knowledgeable that her mind is going a million miles an minute. However, she is brilliant at what she does and specifically in designing a protocol and adjusting protocols according to each patient's needs. I also found her demeanor to be super friendly and positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Ask as many questions as you need to. Dr. Luk will take the time to answer them. You can also email her and/or the nursing staff with questions; if it's a question best answered by Dr. Luk she will respond. Lastly, my husband and I had several in depth meetings with Dr. Luk to discuss the next course of treatment and/or weigh options. Ask for what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Although Generation Next got busier and busier throughout the time I was treated by Dr. Luk, I always felt warmly greeted by the front desk, nurses, and Drs. Luk and Nejat.
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Antagonist Protocol; 17 eggs retrieved, 0 made it to blast. Moderate OHSS following this cycle. Cycle 2: Antagonist Protocol was done with lower doses of stims following the results of my first cycle as Dr. Luk wanted to avoid poor egg quality caused by stims and also avoid OHSS. 12 eggs retrieved, 2 made it to blast. Fresh 5 day transfer of 2 embryos, negative pregnancy test Cycle 3 (freeze all): Due to poor results from the last two cycles Dr. Luk decided to change direction and try a lupron micro-flare going for quality over quantity; 12 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to freeze; 2/3 were PGS normal. I planned to freeze all this cycle to bank embryos and do another retrieval after. Cycle 4 (freeze all): repeat of the same Lupron Micro-Flare protocol; 9 retrieved, 4 made it to freeze, 4 were PGS normal. FET 1: eSET of one PGS tested normal embryo; chemical pregnancy FET 2: eSET of one PGS tested normal embryo with an immune protocol; chemical pregnancy FET 3: transferred two PGS normal embryos again with an immune protocol; now 20 weeks pregnant with one
The nursing staff here is fantastic. They are warm, friendly, and organized. The best part about them is that they are readily available via email to a general email, and nearly always call or email back right away.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The best part of this clinic is that they are very technology savvy. All results are posted to a portal accessible via an iPhone app; you have email addresses for your doctor(s), the nursing staff, and the reception. Communication is easy and fast. This was the primary reason I switched to this clinic, and it made treatment much less stressful as I didn't have to worry about missing a phone call and not being able to speak to a nurse about a question I had. Generation Next got busier and busier during the time I was treated here. That did mean that wait times increased, however I found that if I was able to go in at the tail end of monitoring hours (10:30 am) when most others are not available to go in, I was in and out within 20 minutes. The waiting area wasn't the most comfortable, however the facility itself was newly renovated and sparkling clean. They are now moving to a new floor where it will be more comfortable and they'll have more room. They also have coffee in the waiting room which is a nice touch. Despite how busy the clinic is, ultimately it's much smaller than most other clinics, so you will see the same doctor(s), nurses, and front desk staff over and over. It's nice to see familiar faces, and I never felt as though I was treated like a number.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
At the end of my time here monitoring hours were from 7am until 10:30am. Around 7:30-8am the wait could get quite long, however the office always felt like a well-oiled machine getting patients in and out as quickly as they could. Going towards the end of monitoring hours meant that there were very few people waiting. I nearly always saw my doctor at the beginning of treatment, Towards the end they did need to add a few ultrasound technicians to help move monitoring along, however you could always speak to your doctor if needed or ask as many questions as needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Neway Medical.
100% covered by insurance except PGS testing and anesthesiology.
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat both suggested transferring two embryos after I experienced two chemical pregnancies with PGS tested embryos. They did not take this decision lightly and thoroughly reviewed all the risks with me. In the end I am grateful that they were open to this possibility as I became pregnant with a singleton from this transfer.
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. Luk] would dive into the ultrasound after a very short small talk, count and measure follicles, mostly speaking to herself and then ask me to come back the next day for monitoring. I would always feel like I was taking too much of her time if I was asking too many questions. When she would take time to answer, I would feel a little rushed and not totally satisfied...she had difficulty communicating effectively and comes across as all over the place. I wold really have to educate myself, prepare questions in order to get a sense of how it was going.
The nursing staff [at Generation Next Fertility] was very friendly. I never had any issues...Monitoring would run from 7.30 to 10.30am. The sooner you would arrive, the sooner you would be out... I never had issues with billing or getting instructions late. They would be very prompt to call me and send me an email after each monitoring to update me on next steps. Whenever I had additional questions, they would make sure Dr Luk would get back to me asap. I would always be in and out without any issues.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr Luk is knowledgeable, friendly and I believe she wanted me to be successful. I felt like most of the time, she had difficulty communicating effectively and comes across as all over the place. I wold really have to educate myself, prepare questions in order to get a sense of how it was going. The first time, she didn't perform the egg retrieval herself which had not been communicated clearly either; It was really disappointing. I would be able to talk to her whenever I was asking for it. Sadly, most of our interactions felt rushed as if she had some place else to be. I don't feel like it was on purpose though. One other thing I should mention is that on a couple of occasions, dr Luk asked me if I was covered by my insurance which led me to believe that she was making a decision for my treatment based on this information; It could go either way for me: since the egg count wasn't the best, maybe she would have cancelled the cycle and wait for another one if I wasn't covered. this is just my guess but I felt like since I was covered, she did continue, regardless of the outcome and chances of success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
I would really make sure I know enough about the subtleties of the process in order to be able to ask the right questions, at the right time. She will be able to walk you through the very generic steps of the process. As soon as it becomes a bit technical, you will have to press her for questions to understand the details. If you don't ask, you won't get it from her. I wish I had been more brave to repeat questions when it wasn't clear and demanded more time so she can walk me through her thought process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Although Dr Luk was very dynamic and always nice during our appointments, it was very difficult to get all the details relative to my treatment. I really had to come prepared with all the questions so I can get information. She would dive into the ultrasound after a very short small talk, count and measure follicles, mostly speaking to herself and then ask me to come back the next day for monitoring. I would always feel like I was taking too much of her time if I was asking too many questions. When she would take time to answer, I would feel a little rushed and not totally satisfied. Most of what I know is from the internet unfortunately. Based on that knowledge, I would be able to ask questions. Without that, I would still be clueless and at the mercy of what she had decided. After the first cycle, I already had that sentiment but I decided to stick with her since she had the history. I think she knows what she's doing but doesn't go deep enough with each patient (or at least with me).
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
I went through 2 egg freezing cycles. The particularity is that on the 1st cycle, I asked not to have vaginal ultrasound as I never had sexual intercourse. She was really accommodating and we went blind. I was on Gonal F 150 units, Menopur 75 IU, Ganirelix and Ovidrel. The other RE from the clinic retrieved 10 follicles and they froze 6. On the 2nd cycle, she basically doubled the dosage. She was able to perform vaginal ultrasound to monitor follicles, I was on Gonal F 300 units and Menopur 150 IU. We only retrieved 3 follicles and 2 eggs were frozen (with one being put in culture to mature. The last one was empty).
The nursing staff was very friendly. I never had any issues. Dr Luk would always be the one performing the ultrasounds. On day, she was running late so I had to go with a nurse. As I was not very comfortable with the ultrasound, I mentioned it to her and she was very thoughtful and took all precautions so I could be as comfortable as possible.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is rather small but warm and clean. They run a very tight process. I never had issues with billing or getting instructions late. They would be very prompt to call me and send me an email after each monitoring to update me on next steps. Whenever I had additional questions, they would make sure Dr Luk would get back to me asap. I would always be in and out without any issues. They were very familiar with my insurance so this made the process very smooth for me. The only thing I could say is that once the cycles were over, i wish I had a closing interview with the doctor to understand what went well and what did not. I had to request it this time around and again have all the questions ready. If not, I would just have had a dry email to tell me how many eggs retrieved and frozen, the nurse contacting me the day of and 1 day after a the retrieval to see if I was doing ok (which is a nice touch). But no post mortem. I know that I am 38 and that I am not going to get 25 eggs but there was no specific diagnosis (DOR) or anything else. i wish i had been given more details.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Generation Next Fertility.
Monitoring would run from 7.30 to 10.30am. The sooner you would arrive, the sooner you would be out. It was very convenient since i was able to arrive early and go straight to work. It felt like it was a fair process; You would get in for your blood work, then go back to the waiting room before they would call for your ultrasound. On the days when I felt brave and would arrive at 7.30, the whole process would only take 30min.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility.
I paid around 2K$ for the medication and my insurance covered the other fees.
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Luk] created her practice to create a specialized treatment for patients. I did a mild IVF with her and a 3-day fresh transfer. Neither of which former doctor offers. I retrieved about the same number of eggs as a full IVF with the previous doctor... she immediatly saw the need for mild IVF to not drown the body in meds and to do 3 day since embroyo might do better in body than lab..Takes the time to explain her methodology and think outside the box. You are not a number like at my old clinic. She specializes in the protocol per each patient. There is no one sizes fits all which was common in other practices. Every question was answered, every fear relieved.
Staff [at Generation Next Fertility] was pleasant and efficient. All appointments were quick and minimal waiting time...Dr. Nejat performs all the retrievals and transfers and was very nice and calming during the procedures. I felt very confident in both of these doctors. Would highly recommend...The nursing staff was great. Monitoring hours were also good. A long period to come in. I never waited more than 20 minutes. They also provide a variety of iced coffee and tea.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk created her practice to create a specialized treatment for patients. I did a mild IVF with her and a 3-day fresh transfer. Neither of which former doctor offers. I retrieved about the same number of eggs as a full IVF with the previous doctor. Her partner, Dr. Nejat performs all the retrievals and transfers and was very nice and calming during the procedures. I felt very confident in both of these doctors. Would highly recommend.
Don't delay - set up a consultation. So happy I did!
Dr Luk, Takes the time to explain her methodology and think outside the box. You are not a number like at my old clinic. She specializes in the protocol per each patient. There is no one sizes fits all which was common in other practices. Every question was answered, every fear relieved.
We set up a mild IVF (with estrogen priming) with a 3 day transfer. At my previous doctor we did full IVF with planned frozen 5 day transfer. 1st doctor, we did retrival. 5 eggs. 4 to day 3 but they did not grow beyond this. This doctor was only going to add estrogen. Not change the protocol. With Dr. Luk, she immediatly saw the need for mild IVF to not drown the body in meds and to do 3 day since embroyo might do better in body than lab.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Staff was pleasant and efficient. All appointments were quick and minimal waiting time. Based on previous doctor there was a lot less paper work and pre planning. Meaning, my former doctor printed a schedule for me to follow which was reassuring. Dr Luk doesnt do that since she says things can change at any moment and I don't want you stuck on a day when something ' should' have happened. This was not a game changer.
Never wait more than 20 minutes. Usually in and out within 15 minutes. Never felt like an overwhelming amount of people waiting.
About 13K. She did not accept my insurance which we knew going into this.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She [Dr. Luk] speaks very quickly which might not work for some. But it works for us. She does try to thorough. She did make herself accessible and seems to have a good pulse on what's happening. She can be blunt which also may not work for some. But it was good for us.... The big thing for us was PICSI... selecting the sperm and putting my girlfriend on suplements. Acai berry powder, Inositol and Coq10. We believe that made a difference in egg and embryo quality. Antagonist protocol.
They [Generation Next Fertility] are tech savvy. Lots of email and portal communication and text messages. It's easy to knows what wrong. They usually answer emails very quickly. The billing seems to get a bit messy and and are sometimes on "automatic" so they miss things. Don't like part of the waiting area. It's like sitting in a long hallway. Not so comfortable.... They scheduled a embryo biopsy by mistake when I expressly put in writing not to do it. I spoke to my doctor and they were quick to correct it with a monetary credit.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
She speaks very quickly which might not work for some. But it works for us. She does try to thorough. She did make herself accessible and seems to have a good pulse on what's happening. She can be blunt which also may not work for some. But it was good for us.
Have all your questions mapped out in a email for her to answer. She covers a lot in person and you may not be able to grasp it all at once. Ask her to repeat things. Some words are not always clearly understood when she speaks. She will make jokes, don't get offended. Take it light.
She took to time to address concerns, asked questions to get to know us and always knows exactly who she is talking to when she contacts us.
Always remember who I am when I come without even looking at the screen. Are always friendly and have smiles. If there is something amiss or misunderstood they act quickly and all are computer savvy and have a good phone presence.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
They are tech savvy. Lots of email and portal communication and text messages. It's easy to knows what wrong. They usually answer emails very quickly. The billing seems to get a bit messy and and are sometimes on "automatic" so they miss things. Don't like part of the waiting area. It's like sitting in a long hallway. Not so comfortable.
It's definitely a mill, but warm friendly and well organized.
She leaves the choice up to you and gives you a lot of information to make an informed decision. For someone over 40, she does suggest 3 embryos to transfer at once.
What specific things went wrong at Generation Next Fertility?

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Luk is] leaving it [Eset preference] up to me...In our first consultation with Dr. Luk, I felt like she was willing to investigate, offer a new approach, and consider my own thoughts on our treatment. She acknowledged how much we'd been through previously...She doesn't sugar coat anything, which I appreciate at this point in my journey (she's our third doctor). I also appreciate that she has something different to offer than other clinics.
mild-stimulation IVF- I've previously done only high doses of stims, so we are just trying something different [at Genereation Next Fertility], with the hope that we may get quality over quantity...The clinic has a modern vibe, and doesn't feel like as much as a medical setting as some others do. Generally, wait times haven't been too bad for monitoring. Be prepared to wait for appointments, things don't always run on schedule. Once you are seen, you'll get the attention you need. Everyone at the reception area has been friendly and easy to communicate with.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is very sharp and knowledgeable, and open to trying things that are somewhat outside of the box. So far, I've found that she has a matter-of-fact, kind & positive approach. I have felt very comfortable, so far, having her perform procedures on me. She doesn't sugar coat anything, which I appreciate at this point in my journey (she's our third doctor). I also appreciate that she has something different to offer than other clinics.
She's very smart, thinks outside the box, and her mind works quickly! She can be a fast talker, but she also takes her time with us and answers all our questions. Make sure to ask questions if something is not clear.
mild-stimulation IVF- I've previously done only high doses of stims, so we are just trying something different, with the hope that we may get quality over quantity.
So far my dealings with the nurses have been very warm & friendly.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Wait times have not been too bad. It all seems to be efficiently run. Some days are busier than others.
The minimal stimulation IVF cycle is much less than traditional Ivf cycles. It was under $8000 for the cycle, not including meds.
She's leaving it up to me.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Luk always takes the time to explain everything and to answer my questions thoroughly. Dr. Luk and her staff always call with timely phone calls to explain results and for instruction. I also feel that she truly cares and customizes a protocol for myself and other patients... is very good at being informative and setting realistic expectations. With that being said, she is very compassionate and hopeful in her outlook. She is a great communicator and is very accessible whether by phone or email.
My FSH jumped up very quickly so medications were discontinued. This cycle [at Generation Next Fertility] turned into a natural IVF cycle...The nurses are very caring and communicate very well. They are constantly calling and emailing with results and to inform me of what to do next...There is always a wait, but the monitoring is done very smoothly. I can always count on being done within an hour of arrival
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is very good at being informative and setting realistic expectations. With that being said, she is very compassionate and hopeful in her outlook. She is a great communicator and is very accessible whether by phone or email.
To make sure to ask as many questions as you need
Cycle 1) Gonal F only as we started late in my cycle due to travel. It turned into a natural IVF cycle. My antral follicle count is low and she was able to retrieve one egg that went on to become a 5 day embryo (5AB) and frozen Cycle 2) Estrogen patch primed for 4 days (one patch for every 3 days) Then half a pill of Clomid and Gonal F 75. My FSH jumped up very quickly so medications were discontinued. This cycle turned into a natural IVF cycle
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and organized. The set up with the reception/waiting area is unique but doesn't detract from the overall effectiveness of the practice. The labs seem to operate very quickly and accurately
A natural cycle IVF is $4800 self pay. If you have insurance it covers the monitoring, if not then that is $1000/cycle
+ Read more- Read less

Due to her [Dr. Luk] cultural background, she's fairly candid and blunt. But I always felt she was compassionate and personally invested in my care. She did her absolute best to make sure that I was taken care of by her staff, and did her personal best to help me through any other issues that she could...She was trying to balance not over medicating me, but also hoping to get enough good eggs knowing that I have zero IVF insurance coverage...
They're [Neway Medical] very aggressive about billing. Immediately phoning for payment as soon as a procedure is done. Even phoning for payment for a procedure that hadn't even been fully decided on yet by the doctor ... Arrive to the receptionist and check in that you've arrived. Seen by the phlebotomists in the order of arrival. Proceed to the ultrasound waiting room and get seen in order there. ...It started out great with nurses that responded to my emails immediately, but as my time there progressed, the nursing staff was having a lot of turnover
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Due to her cultural background, she's fairly candid and blunt. But I always felt she was compassionate and personally invested in my care. She did her absolute best to make sure that I was taken care of by her staff, and did her personal best to help me through any other issues that she could.
She can come across as blunt and not quite as warm, but she is very warm and personable once you get to know who she is. She definitely cares and wants to solve problems. She doesn't follow one treatment plan for everyone but looks over all of your medical information to make a personal plan for each patient.
I was personally spoken to or emailed on every single occasion.
For first round IVF (undiagnosed infertility, I'm almost 35), I think she started with a fairly normal regiment of meds (based on what I read from online forums). My eggs/follicles weren't progressing (on one side) as much as she liked, so she started to increase the medications in hopes of a good cycle. She was trying to balance not over medicating me, but also hoping to get enough good eggs knowing that I have zero IVF insurance coverage. In the end, we were able to retrieve 9 eggs, but only 2 embryos made it for PGD testing.
It started out great with nurses that responded to my emails immediately, but as my time there progressed, the nursing staff was having a lot of turnover and Dr. Luk even expressed frustration over this. I don't know what was going on.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strength: organized, easy to get a hold of someone, treated like a person and not a number, little details like pads/tampons in the exam rooms are appreciated, everything can be done over email (which I prefer because I can't be making private calls at work all the time) Weakness: They're very aggressive about billing. Immediately phoning for payment as soon as a procedure is done. Even phoning for payment for a procedure that hadn't even been fully decided on yet by the doctor (that was annoying to keep explaining that we haven't even fully decided yet if we're doing this procedure, so I'm definitely not paying yet). By the end of my time there, there was a lot of turnover in staff (phlebotomists, nursing, etc)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
It was mostly a well-oiled machine. Arrive to the receptionist and check in that you've arrived. Seen by the phlebotomists in the order of arrival. Proceed to the ultrasound waiting room and get seen in order there. Nurse and Dr come in to do the ultrasound and you are out the door.
I have zero IVF insurance coverage and everything was out of pocket. These were my approximate expenses: 16,500 for IVF (including all monitoring and bloodwork), anesthesia for egg retrieval, PGD/freezing process, and FET Not including: Medications and genetic testing done at third party labs
This didn't apply to me as I only had one viable embryo to transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

The clinic [Generation Next Fertility] is small and intimate. As a commuter to NYC, it was difficult to get clear explanations on the schedule to come in. I tried to get them to provide advance notice if I would need back to back appointments, so that I could make plans to stay in the city. I had to remind them several times and it wasn't always communicated.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
As I said before, Dr. Luk is available and present for the majority of appointments. You have the opportunity to get comfortable with her. I believe she truly wants you to be successful in your treatment and happy with your experience with her practice. She talks fast, but she is responsive to questions. I believe she is extremely intelligent, but sometimes has difficulty communicating effectively and comes across "scattered". On a few occasions I felt she didn't look over my chart to refresh her memory as to what was going on with me.
Ask her to repeat or clarify information if you do not understand.
Dr. Luk tries to see every patient throughout the cycle, including the monitoring process. She makes sure your questions get answered by the nurse or she will call you herself.
Protocol Type: ART - Antagonist Suppression Meds: Gonal F - 300iu; Menopur 75iu for 7 days and 150iu for last 5 days. Added Ganerelix on day 8-12. Ovidrel Trigger. Results: Retrieved 5 eggs, fertilized 4 and 2 made it to blastocysts. After PGS testing 0 for transfer.
Friendly. Dr. Luk made sure her team was respectful to patients.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is small and intimate. As a commuter to NYC, it was difficult to get clear explanations on the schedule to come in. I tried to get them to provide advance notice if I would need back to back appointments, so that I could make plans to stay in the city. I had to remind them several times and it wasn't always communicated.
Monitoring hours lasted until 9:30, I appreciated this as a commuter.
I explored many clinics and Generation Next seemed to be the most reasonable.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
On all of my monitoring visits, Dr. Luk would ask me why I was there. I'm unsure if this ws her method to check in and assess my insight and understanding about the process, but it upset and frustrated me, and my perception was that she did not remember who I was...Dr. Luk's communication style was extremely direct and rushed, and sometimes there was a tone of condescension when I posed questions to her, particularly questions we'd discussed before for which I was looking for further clarification.
The clinic's [Neway Medical] strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound...the nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure"
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk's communication style was extremely direct and rushed, and sometimes there was a tone of condescension when I posed questions to her, particularly questions we'd discussed before for which I was looking for further clarification. One of the visits that stuck with me most was a monitoring cycle for natural IUI. I was instructed to come for bloods and ultrasound. After I gave a blood sample, I was taken to an ultrasound room, but then the nurse said "oh, actually no ultrasound" and I was not given any further information. I sat waiting for Dr. Luk for 45 mins before insisting I speak with her and ask why no ultrasound and what was the next step. She informed me that I would not have an ultrasound and IUI would be tomorrow. I have the feeling if I hadn't demanded to speak with her, I wold have left the clinic without any information regarding my visit nor instruction about returning for IUI. This is the kind of interaction that characterized my interactions with her and ultimately lead to me changing doctors within the practice.
Choose another doctor who is less rushed and has more time for her patients. Also, not to expect a warm and empathic bedside manner.
On all of my monitoring visits, Dr. Luk would ask me why I was there. I'm unsure if this ws her method to check in and assess my insight and understanding about the process, but it upset and frustrated me, and my perception was that she did not remember who I was. Considering monitoring happens a couple of times per week in that final week leading up to the trigger and IUI, I was always taken aback by her lack of memory about why I was there.
My first two cycles of IUI were not stimulated with any drugs, as that was my request. This was one element I was happy with regarding having her as my doctor (i.e., she allowed me to do natural cycles despite low chances of success which she communicated). As I was ovulating naturally, we then attempted one IUI with Ovidrel trigger shot, with the rational that we could time IUI better.
The nursing staff were always pleasant for blood draws and prepping for ultrasound. If I asked them questions, they often replied with "I'm new here and I'm not sure", but they would check with the doctor. Phone conversations with them are always pleasant.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic's strengths are the ease of scheduling monitoring and the easy monitoring hours which allows visits prior to work in the morning. I think this leads to very busy morning hours where the wait can be up to an hour for blood work and ultrasound.
Most of the IUI was covered by my insurance but I can say the I paid a co-pay of $40 each visit. I think she once quoted me $700 for an IUI procedure including semen wash and analysis (this was during a period where I had changed insurance provider and coverage for IUI was still being determined by my insurance).
Her approach to medications was always recommending medications over natural cycle to improve chances of pregnancy.

2014 - 2017
Sh [Dr. Junalle Luk] e took the time to understand my history and tailored a treatment plan to me. Everyone in the clinic called me by name and recognized me. Appointments were efficient. Most important, Dr. Luk came in on her day off to do my first successful embryo transfer to ensure it went smoothly.... Dr. Luk combined low dose IVF injections with the oral medication (Letrozole) that I had responded to favorably during IUI cycles. Her rationale was that I had responded well to the oral medication and increasing the injections would likely cause my body to continue to fail to respond - a combination of low dose injections and the oral medication would be more favorable. With only injections, my first IVF cycle was cancelled with another physician and their plan was to increase the dosage. Dr. Luk's plan worked and we obtained three high-quality, five-day embryos from the first cycle with her. This cycle resulted in a healthy singleton birth. For my second cycle, we repeated the same protocol. My response was much lower (my DOR had worsened), but this, too, resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy, which is in progress.
The nurses [at Neway Medical] were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.... Dr. Luk combined low dose IVF injections with the oral medication (Letrozole) that I had responded to favorably during IUI cycles. Her rationale was that I had responded well to the oral medication and increasing the injections would likely cause my body to continue to fail to respond - a combination of low dose injections and the oral medication would be more favorable. With only injections, my first IVF cycle was cancelled with another physician and their plan was to increase the dosage. Dr. Luk's plan worked and we obtained three high-quality, five-day embryos from the first cycle with her. This cycle resulted in a healthy singleton birth. For my second cycle, we repeated the same protocol. My response was much lower (my DOR had worsened), but this, too, resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy, which is in progress.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I cannot recommend Dr. Luk enough. Most important, she helped me to achieve two healthy pregnancies in record time, where other doctors were not able to get me to respond to IVF meds. adequately. For my first cycle with Dr. Luk (which followed a cancelled cycle at CWRC and undiagnosed DOR), I was pregnant within two months. Dr. Luk took the time to understand my history and devise an effective, creative treatment plan. She’s a brilliant physician with a huge heart. For my second cycle, two years later, my response to the medication decreased dramatically, but where other doctors would have cancelled, Dr. Luk continued the cycle. I achieved a successful pregnancy with the single embryo that resulted. Her compassion and willingness to work with patients is unparalleled.
Don't hesitate to schedule a consultation with her. I would look nowhere else.
She took the time to understand my history and tailored a treatment plan to me. Everyone in the clinic called me by name and recognized me. Appointments were efficient. Most important, Dr. Luk came in on her day off to do my first successful embryo transfer to ensure it went smoothly. And it did result in a healthy pregnancy!
The nurses were extremely kind, personable, and attentive. There were times when instructions regarding next steps could have been more clear, but I could not have asked for a more engaged, caring team.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
N/A - Dr. Luk is now with Generation Next Fertility. I strongly recommend Dr. Luk and would recommend patients follow her to her new location.
Dr. Luk allowed my to choose whether to choose 1 or 2 embryos with our first and second transfers. She educated me on the options, but was flexible.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical.

DR. Luk's unique, low medication approach coupled with the individualized treatment plan got me pregnant in one transfer!...R. LUK is driven to find and fix each individual patients needs...was always very attentive to me. She changed my treatment plan every month according to my blood levels...Dr. Luk was always available for questions...We only used injectables just a few days before retrieval to make sure premature ovulation didn't occur
The nurses [at Generation Next Fertility] working with Dr. Janelle Luk were great...They were great at drawing blood (no bruising) and they were great at answering question and making sure I was always well taken care of...They remembered my name...We only used injectables just a few days before retrieval to make sure premature ovulation didn't occur...beautifully remodeled and located in Midtown Manhattan at a super convenient location.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk at Generation Next Fertility clinic on 115 East 57th Street is simply the best RE in the world. I've been to 9 different high profile IVF centers. None of them could help me and they all recommended donor eggs. DR. Luk's unique, low medication approach coupled with the individualized treatment plan got me pregnant in one transfer! She is truly the best doctor I've ever come across in my life. All the other clinics have a 'one size fits all' treatment plan but DR. LUK is driven to find and fix each individual patients needs. She is amazing, super smart and down to Earth. Thank you Dr. Luk!
Listen to her advice and don't try to outsmart her. She really knows what she is doing.
Dr. Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility was always very attentive to me. She changed my treatment plan every month according to my blood levels. All other clinics just repeated the same protocols over and over. Dr. Luk was always available for questions. At other clinics, I had to wait weeks sometimes to get a face to face with a doctor. Dr. Luk is simply the best.
The nurses working with Dr. Janelle Luk were great. They remembered my name, didn't treat me like cattle like they usually do at the big clinics. They were great at drawing blood (no bruising) and they were great at answering question and making sure I was always well taken care of.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Generation Next Fertility is beautifully remodeled and located in Midtown Manhattan at a super convenient location.
100%. Covered by insurance
+ Read more- Read less

The truly great thing about this clinic [Neway Medical] is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory...Now and then I feel that the nurses give less-than-stellar advice over the phone, which later proves to be different than what my doctor would have advised. But this tends to be about general questions, not about the day's protocol instructions (which are specific, less room for interpretation).
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
The number one reason why I like Dr. Luk is because it feels like she's really thinking about your cycle and about her own treatment philosophy. She's neither stuck on purely cookie-cutter conventional methods nor drawn to the latest trends. She seems to have a lot of confidence in her own opinion, which appeals to me. I also like that she's flexible in a way that I imagine is only possible in a small clinic like this; if I arbitrarily want to use one brand of medication instead of another because of something I read, she's willing to accommodate. If I want to come for monitoring a day early for my peace of mind, or more often than is strictly necessary, she is okay with it. My only complaint is that her style of communication can be disorganized; sometimes it seems her brain is moving too fast and she skips from one view to another without explaining what changed her mind. She also could improve her listening skills, stopping to fully hear a patient's question or concern before answering; it's not that her answers are dismissive, more like she's so eager to clarify or reassure you that she sometimes misses the specific point you were trying to get to.
You can trust her intentions completely. But make sure you understand why she wants to do certain things; sometimes she seems to give too much weight to what the patient might want based on something they said (e.g. she might push a less expensive protocol if she knows money is an issue) and so she'll advise accordingly when in fact the patient wants only to know what works best and can weigh factors like money or discomfort on their own.
Dr. Luk brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm into the exam room. She always seems happy to see you, even when the monitoring hours are busy with lots of patients. While her style of communication can be a bit chaotic, it feels as if she's thinking about your case, and her approach doesn't feel rote or one-size-fits-all. She seems willing to tweak protocols, either to satisfy the patient's psychological needs (as long as it's not harmful) or to account for specific issues that arise.
I underwent an IUI (my second-- the first was with another doctor) with letrozole, which went smoothly but no pregnancy. Then had a diagnostic hysteroscopy and some other monitoring and eventually did an IVF cycle (antagonist with estrogen priming), using ICSI and freeze-all (for hormonal reasons) with later medicated FET. Achieved pregnancy but miscarried due to chromosomal abnormality.
This is tough because a couple of excellent nurses have left the practice in the time I've been there and I really feel their absence; hopefully someone will fill their shoes soon. The current nurses (as of early 2017) are pleasant enough, and they are reasonably available by phone or when you're in the office and want to have a chat about something. They always call promptly with the day's results. But some of the current nursing staff aren't as precise with their knowledge and communication as the ones that left. I'm fairly demanding, though, and extremely well-informed, so I may be a tough patient to impress in this regard.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The truly great thing about this clinic is that as a smaller operation, there's room for flexibility in treatment, ease in communicating with (or across) various departments (nursing, billing, phlebotomy, etc.) and a comfortable, familiar feeling when you're there and seeing the same faces all the time. You don't feel as if you're in a factory. I find it very empowering to be able to stick my head into the billing office and ask a quick question, or to ask the person doing the blood draw to add a specific test at the last minute. My impression (based on my own experience) is that the embryology lab is strong. The word I keep returning to in my mind is flexibility. Going through infertility can be extra nightmarish for a control freak, so it helps a lot to go to a clinic that allows some customization (whether in IVF protocols, billing decisions, scheduling, etc.). Over time the prices have gone up and everything has gotten more busy, but it's still pretty good compared to what I hear about larger clinics.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
For morning monitoring, which is first-come first-served, most of the time I only had to wait a short time, for maybe one or two patients, before being called in for blood or ultrasound. Every now and then, maybe one out of five times, the wait was longer.
Costs have gone up since we last paid for treatment so these prices are no longer relevant. In early 2016 we paid $800 for each of two IUIs. Then we paid $8900 for a conventional IVF cycle, but $1600 of that ended up being subtracted and applied to a later FET cycle, the total cost of which was $3200. Neway provides a discount for the second IVF attempt if the first one fails.
Her approach seems balanced. Very ready to transfer two blastocysts (not so risky for me given advanced maternal age). I'm not sure if she'd transfer more than two blastocysts.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Luk was recommended to me from a friend and we had a great experience with her. She is an incredibly smart and amazing surgeon and is very direct, which is important. She also called and emailed a lot which was really nice. But as someone who asks a ton of questions, I sometimes had a hard time understanding her answers (due to her being ESL and the fact that she is (understandably) always going a hundred miles per minute) Because of Dr. Luk's scheduling and being out of the office when I was ovulating, we ended up getting all three of my IUI's done with Dr Nejat. Dr. Nejat is much more thorough in answering questions and a little more gentle.
The clinic [Neway medical] was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.... Before my first IUI, I had a polyp on my ovary that she discovered and removed. The first IUI I did naturally without medication. For the second and third, I would take clomid the first 5 days after my period, have my blood taken after to determine ovulation, go in to have an ultrasound of my ovaries, and then the nurses would call in a prescription for a trigger shot. I would then go in for the IUI exactly 36 hours after the shot.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I would recommend asking her to repeat her answers if you don't understand them. She was very patient with us in repeating herself and we found it very helpful!
Dr. Luk took time out of her day to call me whenever I had questions.
They were extremely helpful and caring.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was awesome, always on top of everything. I felt comfortable there and always felt like I was in good hands. I believe Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat no longer work there, and I would possibly consider going back anyway, because the staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating.
co-pay - $25 per visit

1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
As this is the 3rd clinic I've used and the 7th clinic I've interviewed...she [Dr Luk] and her team have been incredibly responsive to email / requests. Also, leading up to my procedure, she almost had me come in daily for ultrasound / blood of which I think at least one could have been skipped. As these are all included in her package, this just meant additional cost to her.
This is one of the only clinics [Neay Medical] I saw that offered outcome based fees. While more complicated, I think the break even point is around 7-9 eggs where if you produce less than 7 eggs, this is a more affordable clinic. 7-9 eggs it's about the same price, more than 9 eggs and it may be slightly more expensive. Please double check as their pricing is subject to change. That helps to ease the pain of a less than successful IVF. However, having said that, they do have some extraneous fees that no other clinic mentioned such as an "outside monitoring fee" which apparently is for nurses who need to coordinate with external clinics if you don't go to Neway for your blood tests/ ultrasound. A
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk can be aggressive in her suggestions as appropriate. I think this is her nature and her trying her hardest to get her patients pregnant. A more cynical person would say this is also good for business. Our first consultation she said I was 2-3 days from ovulating so she could perform an egg retrieval that week! During the IUI/IVF cycle, we had initially discussed a mild stimulation but upon discovering that I had potential for up to 9 eggs, she immediately wanted to change course for a more aggressive treatment. As this is the 3rd clinic I've used and the 7th clinic I've interviewed, I pretty much know what to expect so I can not comment as to her patience for education. However she and her team have been incredibly responsive to email / requests. Also, leading up to my procedure, she almost had me come in daily for ultrasound / blood of which I think at least one could have been skipped. As these are all included in her package, this just meant additional cost to her.
As with all IVF clinics/doctors, the more you know about the procedure, the more you can understand what could/will happen. Of the clinics I've visited though, I like Neway the best. Just be prepared for Dr. Luk's approach or ask her to explain her reasoning so that you don't accidentally get pushed into treatment you don't want.
Dr Luk has a somewhat brusque manner but she makes statements that show she still cares about the patient. In addition, knowing that I am international, she has responded to my emails herself out of office hours and reminded her staff that my situation is slightly unique to others. She is a busy person so will not always be available to hold your hand but her and her team are responsive.
I started with Mild IVF, 100mg Clomid, which is on the high side. To try and push that last 1-2 eggs, I started 150 gonal-F halfway through the cycle.
I met with 3 different nurses for some reason depending on who was in the office that day. They all seemed relatively knowledgeable about my case. As a "veteran", I already knew most of the information although they happily reviewed the key points, like medication, just to make sure. They responded quickly to my concerns and explained when things were not appropriate. For instance, they gave me a choice of pharmacies to use to fulfill my medication prescriptions. I do think some of them are more knowledgeable than others so there is still some luck of the draw but all seemed competent.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This is one of the only clinics I saw that offered outcome based fees. While more complicated, I think the break even point is around 7-9 eggs where if you produce less than 7 eggs, this is a more affordable clinic. 7-9 eggs it's about the same price, more than 9 eggs and it may be slightly more expensive. Please double check as their pricing is subject to change. That helps to ease the pain of a less than successful IVF. However, having said that, they do have some extraneous fees that no other clinic mentioned such as an "outside monitoring fee" which apparently is for nurses who need to coordinate with external clinics if you don't go to Neway for your blood tests/ ultrasound. Also the fee to thaw frozen eggs for IVF seems higher than another clinic. On the positive side, they just moved into a brand new facility which is gorgeous. It's a very easy 2-3 block walk from 4 subway lines. Their operation consent form was concise and full of information, I actually highly suggest every patient read it. Their monitoring procedure was the most straightforward and procedural like. Upon giving your name to registration (anytime between 7:30-9:30am), you were sent to blood draw which was usually fast, then down to ultrasound. The busiest days are Mondays/Fridays where I may have waited 30 minutes. On Tuesday, I was in and out of ultrasound in less than an hour which is a record. After ultrasound, the nurse sits with you as needed and answers all your questions or notes them for the doctor. The only thing I would say is that their operation procedure times seem to be later in the morning after monitoring. If you are fasting before your operation for general anesthesia that means no food/liquids until probably noon the next day.
Conventional IVF - 8,900 (1st time), 7,100 (2nd time). Mild IVF (clomid) - 5700 (3-6 eggs), 6900 (7+ eggs). FET cycle - 3200.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
I have DOR, and she [Dr Janelle Luk] put me on almost the opposite protocol from the clinic I had been at prior. I was skeptical at first but I got results every cycle. Based on what was happening in the cycles and how I responded to the drugs she adjusted the types of medications I was taking. After several chemical pregnancies I was ready to move on to IVF. Other clinics wouldn't do IVF for me due to the fact I only get 1-2 eggs per month, but she said she would collect those eggs over several cycles. I ended up not needing to go forward with that as she had me
[Neway Medical's] strengths- smaller practice, more personal feel, innovative care. Weaknesses- longer wait times for monitoring, less doctors on staff. Not allowed to go up to the clinic before 7am monitoring starts, you are forced to wait in the lobby in the elevator bank, and then people don't necessarily get seen on a first come first serve basis (some people will budge ahead of people waiting longer when getting off the elevator to be at the reception first). Harder to reach outside of office hours.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I felt very well taken care of by Dr. Luk. She was always calm and optimistic, even when I experienced set backs. I felt comfortable with her, and felt like she knew who I was even though she sees many patients every single day.
I imagine her bedside manner is not for everyone, although it was great for me. I felt comfortable in a personal interactions although I could see some people finding the treatment to be too informal.
She was very friendly and sat down to speak with me at all of my monitoring sessions and really explain what was going on and answer questions. She always asked how I was feeling, and tried to keep the overall tone lighter and happy.
I have DOR, and she put me on almost the opposite protocol from the clinic I had been at prior. I was skeptical at first but I got results every cycle. Based on what was happening in the cycles and how I responded to the drugs she adjusted the types of medications I was taking. After several chemical pregnancies I was ready to move on to IVF. Other clinics wouldn't do IVF for me due to the fact I only get 1-2 eggs per month, but she said she would collect those eggs over several cycles. I ended up not needing to go forward with that as she had me do one last IUI.She had suspected I had built up an immune response to pregnancy that was resulting in the chemical pregnancies I kept experiencing. She put me on prednisone in addition to progesterone, and I got pregnant that cycle.
the nurses are all friendly, younger girls that were always very pleasant to deal with. I got familiar with some of the nurses, but I also noticed that there seemed to be a high amount of turnover and frequent new faces. I am not totally sure, but I got the impression that there may have been a few nurses on staff but that there was a good amount of medical assistants instead of nurses. That is speculation though, and all the staff was excellent regardless of their certification
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strengths- smaller practice, more personal feel, innovative care. Weaknesses- longer wait times for monitoring, less doctors on staff. Not allowed to go up to the clinic before 7am monitoring starts, you are forced to wait in the lobby in the elevator bank, and then people don't necessarily get seen on a first come first serve basis (some people will budge ahead of people waiting longer when getting off the elevator to be at the reception first). Harder to reach outside of office hours.
Insurance covered some of the monitoring, but not the IUI or medications. It came to about 900$/month
+ Read more- Read less

The strenthgs are that she [Dr. Luk] is extremely qualified and extremely professional. The downside is that sometimes you don't always have a clear picture of what the journey is going to be. For example, I didn't exactly know long the IVF cycle is, when it starts before I went ahead and booked a couple of days abroad. I wish I had known what the plan was going to be for the next couple of weeks upfront so I could plan my trip better.
The clinic [Generation Next Fertility] itself is nice and offers a great environment. It can get really busy during Day 2 testing hours, but they have expanded the hours to accommodate for working schedules. They also offer support groups with is a really nice personal touch.... [nursing staff] Extremely friendly and caring. Very pleasant and they treat as if your their friend.... I think the doctor attempts to be as human as possible but seems like the fertility clinics in NYC are absolutely rammed
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
The strenthgs are that she is extremely qualified and extremely professional. The downside is that sometimes you don't always have a clear picture of what the journey is going to be. For example, I didn't exactly know long the IVF cycle is, when it starts before I went ahead and booked a couple of days abroad. I wish I had known what the plan was going to be for the next couple of weeks upfront so I could plan my trip better.
she's great, just make sure you make the time to proactively ask questions your not clear of, even if they feel trivial.
I think the doctor attempts to be as human as possible but seems like the fertility clinics in NYC are absolutely rammed all the time which puts pressure on time spent with each patient. I'm don't think they are intentionally trying to get through as many patients as possible but it can feel like it at times.
2 Rounds of clomid, followed by a tigger shot with IUI in office
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic itself is nice and offers a great environment. It can get really busy during Day 2 testing hours, but they have expanded the hours to accommodate for working schedules. They also offer support groups with is a really nice personal touch.
Insurance covered IUI treatments
+ Read more- Read less

Janelle took lots of time to explain the IVF process as related to a person like me, who is a carrier of a genetic disease. She answered all of my questions in a way I could easily understand. She also personally saw that I was connected with the lab that is completing my PGS...I would say that she almost seemed too excited to work with me, based on my Fragile X carrier status...Janelle is incredibly knowledgeable. She has a lot of experience and made me feel very comfortable.
It's a beautiful facility [Generation Next Fertility] very close to train access..I would only recommend going there if you need a specialist in genetic factors. The office itself is very welcoming. The rooms feel private and the furniture is very comfy. All the suites are decked out with large screens so you can see what's happening during your sono....[nurses] Very kind! They have an excellent demeanor and they are all very knowledgeable
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Janelle is incredibly knowledgeable. She has a lot of experience and made me feel very comfortable. I would say that she almost seemed too excited to work with me, based on my Fragile X carrier status. It almost felt like I was going to be a fun experiment, but as we continued to work together it appeared that she's just really into what she does. That's who I want as my doctor. Someone who loves what they do and knows how to do it well.
She talks VERY fast. If you don't understand something, just ask her to slow down and explain it again.
Very kind! They have an excellent demeanor and they are all very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
It's a beautiful facility very close to train access. For me, personally, it's a bit far from home in Brooklyn. I would only recommend going there if you need a specialist in genetic factors. The office itself is very welcoming. The rooms feel private and the furniture is very comfy. All the suites are decked out with large screens so you can see what's happening during your sono.
Conventional IVF 13,000 Anesthesia 500 Meds $1,000+ Monitoring $1000 PGD Testing $2000 Egg Freezing $2000
She decided what was best based on the odds of my genetic situation. I went with her opinion because she provided strong rationale.
+ Read more- Read less

Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses...While some nurses have done very well with email follow-up, recent high turnover in Neway (including our patient coordinator) caused some communication/continuity problems...[Dr. Luk is] Highly capable and intelligent, very relational, detail-oriented, great sense of humor, goes to lengths to explain things and make sure we understand, good listener and good communicator, feel very taken care of, generally very enthusiastic but emotionally sensitive as needed, fights for us when the need arises, get the sense she is working hard for us behind the scenes.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
No constructive criticisms - she has been amazing for us. She is already working on the one big change/move that should make her services even more outstanding, which is leaving her current situation. We will definitely look her up to find her when she moves.
Takes an above and beyond personal interest in us, at least once called by personal cell phone number, has verbally (and otherwise) expressed that she really likes us and really wants to help us (and I believe those were not just words she says to all of her patients).
Genetic probe and PGD testing to be able to navigate genetic abnormality. IVF cycle with ICSI, egg retrieval resulted in 8 eggs retrieved, 3 embryos created, 1 viable for transfer. In progress.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses.
Had to pay out of pocket, but Dr. Luk did her best to see how she could help us out.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Luk] was effective and understanding, with a low medication intervention approach. I got pregnant with her at the age of 41 with just 3 IUIs. When the clinic made a mistake, she took responsibility and steps to make sure it didn't happen again...She was no nonsense, and told me things in a straightforward way but with empathy and tact...Make sure to ask to see her if you feel more comfortable, ask staff to explain all the steps to you, and what's next, and make sure you're on top of what you need done, because they can miss some details...
The [Neway Medical] clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so...They didn't always test my thyroid, although I asked them to. They didn't always tell me what to expect next. However, they're much better than the other clinic I used... very friendly and interested in my welfare...
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She was effective and understanding, with a low medication intervention approach. I got pregnant with her at the age of 41 with just 3 IUIs. When the clinic made a mistake, she took responsibility and steps to make sure it didn't happen again.
One natural IUI, then 2 cycles with chlomid. The 3rd IUI resulted in pregnancy. I wanted to try as little medication and intervention as possible. Used donor sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Marlene Garcia)
I didn't have a lot of in person contact with her, she was only assigned when the clinic made a mistake, and the nursing staff seemed pretty disorganized. I'd have to remind them to do tests that I needed.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is pretty disorganized and they forget to tell patients all the steps to expect. You have to stay on top of them about things that need to happen. It's better if you have contact with the doctor; you can request to do so.
It was covered by my insurance. I did have to pay for an out of network anesthesiologist for a hysteroscopy.
+ Read more- Read less

I was overmedicated several times [with Dr. Janelle Luk] and had to cancel cycles. Inappropriate medications used...clomid, then letrazole, then injectables (gonal f)...Overstimulated several times. Took medications for many months without even being able to try to conceive.
Most of my costs [at Neway Medical] were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage...Disorganized in the early morning crazy monitoring slots. Not knowledgable. Sometimes weak English.very disorganized practice...They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
very disorganized practice. They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice. I was overmedicated several times and had to cancel cycles. Inappropriate medications used.
Consider otherwise. I wasted a lot of time and insurance benefits, had a very aggravating and depressing experience, and was only able to get the proper care to get me pregnant when I left. I went there because they were in my insurance and left to an out of network provider- best move I ever made. I would still be pumping my body full of hormones (inappropriate for my diagnosis and often overstimulated) and having gotten nowhere.
clomid, then letrazole, then injectables (gonal f)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strength: nice facilities Weaknesses: inappropriate care, disorganization, slow, not communicative
Most of my costs were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage.
none. I left before getting to ivf there.
+ Read more- Read less

I liked Dr Luk personally, but NeWay is understaffed. Dr Luk's only method is mini IVF.... First IUI: Supposed to take clomid for 5 days but nobody told me how long to take it and I wound up taking it for 10 days which caused health problems. This was on account of poor nursing staff. IVF 1 & 2: Mini IVF - clomid to start then low dose menopure and follistim. Strengths: Saw Doctor often Weaknesses: Unorganized and incompetent staff made for a dreadful experience and poor results overall. Overall, I would strongly advise against going to neway. I feel that I wasted my insurance money on procedures and medication that would have been better spent with more advanced clinics.
Strengths: Saw Doctor often Weaknesses: Unorganized and incompetent staff made for a dreadful experience and poor results overall. Overall, I would strongly advise against going to neway. I feel that I wasted my insurance money on procedures and medication that would have been better spent with more advanced clinics. Nurses were meant to email protocols by end of day, many times I had to call to remind them. Many times they gave the wrong protocol and I had to confirm with the doctor. Instructions were often incorrect and delayed and medications and procedures were often ordered incorrectly. Truly abysmal.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I liked Dr Luk personally, but NeWay is understaffed. Dr Luk's only method is mini IVF. There were countless mistakes made by her staff, and terrible communication. I felt my 3 cycles with Neway wasted my time and money.
With so many other options in NYC, I would strongly recommend attending another, more progressive and organized, clinic. I truly believe I wasted money and time with Neway and would hate to see others do the same.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
In general, monitoring was relatively quick. Usually max wait was 15 minutes.
estimated, $12k per cycle
She had no preference.
+ Read more- Read less

You will love her [Dr. Luk] and all the knowledge she has to share...practices a holistic approach in her protocols. I used cetrotide to control ovulation and 2 days of a very low dosage of Gonal-F and Ovidrel to trigger... Since the first day my husband and I met with her we knew that she was the doctor we wanted to continue with. Her knowledge on my condition of DOR was like no other doctor I have been too. I could tell how sincere she was in wanting to help us. Under her care we feel safe and hopefully.
Every time I walk into the clinic [Generation Next Fertility] I am welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. As I walk toward the counter to check in they don’t even ask my name because they already know me. That makes me feel respected as a human...[Nursing staff is] Friendly and caring. Always willing to answer any questions...Monitoring appointment are in the early morning hours so I was able to go in before work which worked out perfect. 7:30am-9:30am Mon-Sat
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Luk is amazing. Since the first day my husband and I met with her we knew that she was the doctor we wanted to continue with. Her knowledge on my condition of DOR was like no other doctor I have been too. I could tell how sincere she was in wanting to help us. Under her care we feel safe and hopefully.
You will love her and all the knowledge she has to share.
Every time I walk into the clinic I am welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. As I walk toward the counter to check in they don’t even ask my name because they already know me. That makes me feel respected as a human.
Dr. Luk practices a holistic approach in her protocols. I used cetrotide to control ovulation and 2 days of a very low dosage of Gonal-F and Ovidrel to trigger.
Friendly and caring. Always willing to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The clinic is equipped with everything needed under one roof. It is always well maintained and very clean. Everyone is always willing to help and answer questions. I always feel extremely comfortable.
My insurance covered all cost so I’m not sure.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Luk is very smart, personable, and reassuring to work with. She made the process much more manageable for me. I would recommend her without hesitation. I also really liked working with her partner Dr. Nejat who did my retrieval.... Dr Luk and her partner Dr Nejat make the process much more personalized. They both have excellent bedside manner and personally follow-up
[Generation Next Fertility has a] helpful front desk, monitoring hours 7:30-9:30 and generally in and out within 30 min. overall well-organized and compassionate staff. embyrologists also communicated well. highly recommend. treatment is personalized.... IVF with menopur, follistim, ganarellix, hcg and lupron trigger. 19 retrieved, 13 mature and all fertilized, ICSI performed, 7 day 5/6, 4 PGS normal
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
She is accessible for additional questions and will support you along the way
Compassionate and reliable. They are a fairly small team, and I feel like I got to know them well. Checked up on me multiple times post-retrieval
7:30-9:30 am, generally in and out in about 30 min
10% co-insurance, $30 co-pays per visit, $200 deductible
recommends eSET
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Luk makes you feel like you are working as a team all together. She is very positive and encouraging. She gets to know you as a person not just as a body...She is great. We feel like we are in good hands. While this road is not without bumps it helps to much to have great communication and follow up.
[Nursing at Neway Medical is] Excellent---one nurse spent 2 hours with us reviewing how to do the injections. They are very responsive via email and always answer your questions...It is a lovely atmosphere...it feels patient centered and the space is beautiful. They do not seem too busy or crowded which is reassuring. It's great to have only 2 doctors so you can know them both and be more comfortable. The lab seems well run and very clean.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Be sure to ask her lots of questions and to explain the pros/cons of possible treatments.
Mini IVF cycle-no need for traditional IVF since we have male factor and have already tried several IUIs. Now trying IUIs again before a possible second try at Mini IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Reasonable with insurance co-pays.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Luk is compassionate and very smart. She is very knowledgable in her field. I have never left her office with questions unanswered. She always has a smile on her face which is nice to see at a place like a fertility clinic. I have recommended Dr Luk to many friends and acquaintances...I felt like a human because that is how she treated me. She called me from home on the weekends. When I had an emergency situation I called her at 2am and she returned my call. She knew my case top to bottom.
Very kind and caring...[Neway Medical was] Very clean, pretty and comfortable...They saw you even when you were late in arriving for the specific monitoring window. They also always had a smile when you were late...Dr Luk is compassionate and very smart. She is very knowledgable in her field. I have never left her office with questions unanswered. She always has a smile on her face which is nice to see at a place like a fertility clinic. I have recommended Dr Luk to many friends and acquaintances.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She will try everything in her power to get you pregnant.
Two different drug protocols were used. The first wasn't the right for me but the second one was perfect. I was also placed on baby Aspirin and Estrace daily for the second time.
Very kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Very clean, pretty and comfortable.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Janelle Luk] is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options...We did mild stimulation for IVF egg retrieval. I have low amh, so a milder protocol was chosen to focus on egg quality instead of quantity.
We spent about $10k for a cycle of mild ivf and will be spending an additional $4k for a frozen transfer...The space is nice and the location is good. It was nice being close to Central Park for visits after the clinic...She [Dr. Janelle Luk] is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
Ask lots of questions
Her bedside manner was very good and all of the nurses were warm and helpful.Dr. Luk also remembered the details of my case.
Very warm and helpful. I felt like the clinic was very well staffed

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Luk is the partner of Dr. Nejat, my primary fertility doctor at Neway. I consulted with her first when I started with the practice, but I found that she didn't listen to my medical history or read my file carfully before saying what treatment plan she wanted; she just has firm ideas about going with minimal stimulation and mini-IVF, which wouldn't have been appropriate given my age and history. I chose Dr. Nejat instead and he is wonderful and skilled, but I have occasionally had to see Dr. Luk if he's away. I just get the general sense that she isn't paying close enough attention to me as a patient and I worry that she's not aware of my medical conditions and history when she's treating me.
I showed up on the day of my embryo transfer [at Neway Medical] and found that the staff didn't know I was coming, despite it being the correct day in the cycle and the day the doctor had told me to come. It turned out that administrative or nursing staff had put down the wrong week for my embryo transfer. I ended up waiting three-plus hours while the lab retrieved and thawed the embryos and the medical staff got ready. They apologized profusely, and I believe them when they said this was highly unusual. But it was still nerve-wracking, and not the reception you want when you show up for a procedure that important, where hormone/medication timing is so important.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I would advise the patient not to see Dr. Luk at all, but to go with her partner, Dr. Nejat.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Janelle [Luk] explained to me and my husband how PCOS contributes to a difficult pregnancy. As I received the treatment more months in her office, I did not really see her around anymore. Either she was busy with other patients or she was dealing with her pregnancy (she was pregnant and working hard everyday).
Her [Dr. Luk's] office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She is knowledgable and experienced. She is open to talk and she talks fast. She adjusted my prescription from Clomids to Letrozol when I showed no sign of responding. She did not force me to perform IUI, but I had once with her colleague and failed.
Her office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
Dr. Janelle explained to me and my husband how PCOS contributes to a difficult pregnancy. As I received the treatment more months in her office, I did not really see her around anymore. Either she was busy with other patients or she was dealing with her pregnancy (she was pregnant and working hard everyday).
Letrozol+HCG shot+IUI/Natural try Blood draw EVERY TIME!
caring, bilingual, efficient. Always reply to my emails fast.

2013
She [Dr. Luk] is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
At the time of treatment Dr. Luk was actually working at a different clinic. She was part of New Hope Fertility and I had a great experience there. They were great at communication about all the test results and ultrasounds. The nurses and staff were friendly and polite which makes a big difference.... I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make.
2013
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a very good doctor and she took her time to explain everything to us. She not only shared the clinical aspects of the procedure but took the time to make sure we were feeling ok with the abundance of information. I didn’t feel pressured to make any decision and felt completely comfortable with the choices that we did make. She was excited for our success, which showed at every visit and ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she will give you an honest answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at New Hope Fertility Center?
She took her time to explain all the options we had, told me the options she would choose and shared personal stories of her own pregnancy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope Fertility Center

2013 - 2017
7 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Uterine Fibroids, Other
My testimonial and concerns were heard via what I perceived was empathic listening and Dr. Luk collaborated with me, as she included me in decisions regarding my plan of care, with genuine disclosure....in my opinion, Dr. Luk is a "doctors' doctor". She rendered quality care and compassion to me as a patient. She listened, processed and responded to my concerns, which for me was a "rarity" throughout my years as a struggling, downtrodden fertility patient.
[Generation Next] Attractive, clean, quiet, conveniently located....[Cost Of Treatment] $4K...[Nurse] Professional] ...in my opinion, Dr. Luk is a "doctors' doctor". She rendered quality care and compassion to me as a patient. She listened, processed and responded to my concerns, which for me was a "rarity" throughout my years as a struggling, downtrodden fertility patient...My testimonial and concerns were heard via what I perceived was empathic listening and Dr. Luk collaborated with me, as she included me in decisions regarding my plan of care, with genuine disclosure.
2013 - 2017
7 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Generation Next Fertility?
May your experience be as good as mine or better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generation Next Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
Professional
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Attractive, clean, quiet, conveniently located.
not applicable