Jaou-Chen Huang

Texas Tech University Health Sciences

Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolHarvard
ResidencyBrigham & Women's Hosp
FellowshipU. of Illinois
Lubbock
3502 9th St
Lubbock, TX 79415
806.743.4256
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jaou-Chen Huang to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Tech University Health Sciences to a friend?
He [Dr. Jaou-Chen Huang] was always very detailed and optimistic. Sadly our fertility treatment was unsuccessful but I did become pregnant naturally a month after he performed surgery on me. We are now pregnant with our second child. He removed a septum on my uterus, scar tissue, cleaned my tubes and scraped my uterus. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing Dr Huang.
How was your experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
He was always very detailed and optimistic. Sadly our fertility treatment was unsuccessful but I did become pregnant naturally a month after he performed surgery on me. We are now pregnant with our second child. He removed a septum on my uterus, scar tissue, cleaned my tubes and scraped my uterus. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing Dr Huang.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
Voice all f your concerns. There are no stupid questions. You are paying for their help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences?
The Dr, nurses and even receptionist genuinely cared about us, our personal lives and we'll being.
Describe the protocols Jaou-Chen Huang used in your cycles at Texas Tech University Health Sciences and their degree of success.
We tried 3 IUIs first. My body created cysts from Clomid so we tried a different drug. We then did 1 egg retrieval and 2 frozen transfers. Unfortunately 1 embryo did not survive the thawing process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Tech University Health Sciences. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
She was kind, professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
We rarely had to wait over 10 min. It was easy to schedule appointments and check out. The staff was very friendly, they all tried to know you. I did not like that the blood draw area was not private. There were 2 blood chairs and the restroom was off that room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
IUI was approx $1500 IVF retrieval started around$12,000 Retrieval meds
Describe Jaou-Chen Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Tech University Health Sciences.
He recommended only transferring 1 embryo. Which we did the first cycle. The second time we used our remaining two and were still unsuccessful.
Jaou-Chen Huang