Nurse available by email
FellowshipU. of Illinois
3502 9th St
Lubbock, TX 79415
806.743.4256
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jaou-Chen Huang to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery to a friend?
Dr. Huang was very good about explaining things even including statistical rates. He helped me during an emotional time (after a miscarriage) when I needed hope that I could get pregnant again. I didn’t realize it would be so hard to go in to the clinic and be told that I ovulated too early or too late. I had more than a few crying sessions after hearing these facts. Dr. Huang was very compassionate and had tissues available for me while listening to my questions and concerns. I am very thankful to him for these above reasons.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock] worked with my work schedule allowing me to drop in as necessary. They even fit me in same day once I told them that my menstrual cycle had finally started. I also was able to stop by when I had bleeding scares during pregnancy. The office staff was always encouraging during the good times and the bad.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
I would tell prospective patients to go into the clinic optimistic but also realistic. I had to go into the clinic each time and give myself a pep talk. It went something like this: “Modern medicine and physicians are wonderful, but everything happens for a reason and is in God’s time not my own.”
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock?
Dr. Huang was very polite, quiet, and serious. He stated the facts in a way that was easy to understand. He was also very nice, gentle, and reassuring to me after having a miscarriage.
Describe the protocols Jaou-Chen Huang used in your cycles at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock and their degree of success.
I was started off on clomid 50 mg for 5 days and then increased to 100 mg for 5 days. I also did one cycle with a fertility shot that cost over $100 out of pocket (this was a suggested treatment and not forced upon me in any way). It was helpful after several rounds of clomid because I have never felt in control of my ovulation before. Knowing exactly when I ovulated was nice.
The nurses were wonderful. They were constantly reassuring me during the whole fertility process.
Describe your experience with The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
The clinic worked with my work schedule allowing me to drop in as necessary. They even fit me in same day once I told them that my menstrual cycle had finally started. I also was able to stop by when I had bleeding scares during pregnancy. The office staff was always encouraging during the good times and the bad.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.
Co-pays were $55 to see a specialist with my insurance at the time. I sometimes had to go in multiple times a week. Clomid was maybe $5-$10 for 5 day supply and like previously stated the fertility shot was somewhere over $100 out of pocket.
The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at The Center for Reproductive Medicine of Lubbock.

2014 - 2018
He is not 'touchy-feely'...but his compassion truly comes out as he assists you through the process. We didn't need, or want, the touchy feely. We wanted a scientist. Successful and confident but also caring in his own way. He demonstrates caring in that he explains every detail with you, takes your phone calls or texts any time of day, but he probably won't cry with you or possibly convey false hope to build up spirits. He says it how it is...but is so passionate about what he does.
[Texas Tech University's] Strengths--physician and nurses Weaknesses--clarity in billing. We thought after a specific event we would have a refund in place but it was used for 'other' things. So we thought we would have about a $2500.00 credit...but then as we sat in their office, it was used for other things. It was heartbreaking. For both of us as working individuals, this was extremely devastating and financially difficult.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
Dr. Huang was realistic with us. Although we have not had the outcome we had hoped for through IVF, he sincerely cared for us, communicated quickly with us, and went above and beyond when we needed medication through a weekend. He spent time with us at every visit and just truly listened to us and our hopes and frustrations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
He was factual, but so caring. He spent time with us, explained things, drew pictures of the process, and was so excited when we had 18 eggs and 9 embryos.
Describe the protocols Jaou-Chen Huang used in your cycles at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery and their degree of success.
Some I have forgotten. We have used letrazole for fertility pill treatments and also we have used a VERY expensive medication I couldn't remember the name of in 2014 along with Lupron for the preparation of the frozen transfer. The 2nd transfer we used more oral hormone based treatments with progesterone injections at first which produced a very odd reaction and then the vaginal suppositories had to be ordered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Their entire team was wonderful and compassionate. Celebrated successes and showed so much support during difficulties. I am a nurse, as well, and I couldn't say a single negative thing about them.
Describe your experience with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.
Approximately $18000 for the first cycle. $750/year storage fee. $4000 for transfers
Describe Jaou-Chen Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.
He preferred we transfer 2 embryos. We were ok with this decision.
What specific things went wrong at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jaou-Chen Huang at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery.

He [Dr. Jaou-Chen Huang] was always very detailed and optimistic. Sadly our fertility treatment was unsuccessful but I did become pregnant naturally a month after he performed surgery on me. We are now pregnant with our second child. He removed a septum on my uterus, scar tissue, cleaned my tubes and scraped my uterus. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing Dr Huang.
We rarely had to wait over 10 min [at Texas Tech Reproductive Center]. It was easy to schedule appointments and check out. The staff was very friendly, they all tried to know you. I did not like that the blood draw area was not private. There were 2 blood chairs and the restroom was off that room.... IUI was approx $1500 IVF retrieval started around$12,000 Retrieval meds
He was always very detailed and optimistic. Sadly our fertility treatment was unsuccessful but I did become pregnant naturally a month after he performed surgery on me. We are now pregnant with our second child. He removed a septum on my uterus, scar tissue, cleaned my tubes and scraped my uterus. I had 3 miscarriages prior to seeing Dr Huang.
Voice all f your concerns. There are no stupid questions. You are paying for their help.
The Dr, nurses and even receptionist genuinely cared about us, our personal lives and we'll being.
We tried 3 IUIs first. My body created cysts from Clomid so we tried a different drug. We then did 1 egg retrieval and 2 frozen transfers. Unfortunately 1 embryo did not survive the thawing process.
She was kind, professional and caring.
We rarely had to wait over 10 min. It was easy to schedule appointments and check out. The staff was very friendly, they all tried to know you. I did not like that the blood draw area was not private. There were 2 blood chairs and the restroom was off that room.
IUI was approx $1500 IVF retrieval started around$12,000 Retrieval meds
He recommended only transferring 1 embryo. Which we did the first cycle. The second time we used our remaining two and were still unsuccessful.
+ Read more- Read less

I think he [Dr. Jaou-Chen Huang] was very knowledgeable but I think if my chances at getting pregnant were higher he may have shown more interest. He told me not to waste my money. I felt like he didnt want to try to help me...He didn't even give me that [Eset] as an option...I felt like if they had thought I would have had more of a chance to get pregnant I would have had more interest from the doctor...
I think they were organized [at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for Fertility & Reproductive Surgery]. I think the support staff was great. I just wish the doctor [Dr. Chen Huang] would have done more. The staff calmed my nerves when I needed surgery. I heard good things about the other doctor in rye office but they told me I had to stay with my assigned doctor...I had to have a surgery and his nurses helped me with getting off of work and fought for me with my employer.
I think he was very knowledgeable but I think if my chances at getting pregnant were higher he may have shown more interest. He told me not to waste my money. I felt like he didnt want to try to help me.
Go in expecting to walk away with no hope that way if he give you hope it will feel better. Don't go in with hope.
They were great. I had to have a surgery and his nurses helped me with getting off of work and fought for me with my employer.
I think they were organized. I think the support staff was great. I just wish the doctor would have done more. The staff calmed my nerves when I needed surgery. I heard good things about the other doctor in rye office but they told me I had to stay with my assigned doctor.
My insurance covered diagnostic and nothing else and since all I did was diagnostic I dont know how much the out of pocket would have been
He didn't even give me that as an option.