Medical SchoolGeorge Washington
301.631.1180
1165 Imperial Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21740
1.888.761.1967
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jason Bromer to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Bromer is great with his patients. He makes sure you thoroughly understand everything. Procedures, medications, and questions you may have. He is very gentle, and I would reccomend him to anyone undergoing treatment....He is extremely helpful in answering questions. He has warm bed side table manners. My husband and I always feel like all of our questions have been answered when we visit with him. I would reccomend him to other patients.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
If you have any questions or doubts, ask him. He will answer honestly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Standard IUI protocol for all 3 IUIs. Day 3 come in for monitoring, start chlomid for 5 days. Come in day 11 or 12 of cycle for more blood work and monitoring. If follicles are measuring where they should, trigger shot on day 11 or 12. Two days after trigger, go in for IUI. All 3 of my IUIs were unsuccessful. Everything looked great, blood work was good, number of follicles were good, and sperm count was also good. We are unsure as to why all 3 failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catalani)
I have had 2 nurses so far and both are extremely compassionate. They answer any concerns or questions I might have.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
A weakness I would say at this clinic would be is that I was never told that children are not aloud at the clinic. I have one miracle child (who is 5), and I brought him with me to one of our appts to have a pregnancy test done, because my husband wanted to be there too, and we did not have a sitter. The woman at the front dest was very rude about it. She told me that some women could have just suffered a miscarriage and do not want to see children. I guess she was unaware that I have had two miscarriages myself. She made me feel ashamed for bringing him, and I dont think that a place promoting children, should be acting that way. So I would say, that If you have children, leave them with someone when you come.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I am currently still waiting on insurance to submit my claims. So far I have paid out of pocket about 600 dollars.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
We did not start IVF treatment yet, so we did not yet discuss embryo transfers.
Frederick
He’s [Dr. Bromer] very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me...3 cycles of clomid, ovidrel, and preogesterone suppositories. I have PCOS and the clomid was used to stimulate follicle growth and the ovidrel was to ensure I ovulated within a certain timeframe. I’m on the third cycle now, but the first 2 ended up with negative results.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He’s very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me.
Make sure to ask all of the questions you have- he really does do a good job of explaining everything.
Shady Grove runs like a factory - you check in, get called to the back, and get sent out once everything is finished. as Often as I’ve been there over the past few months, I don’t think any of the nurses recognize me because they constantly have a flow of patients come in and out and conversations are kept to a minimum.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jody)
For as busy as the nurses are, Jody did an excellent job of responding to my concerns. Sometimes I’d get an email response and sometimes she would call, either way, I felt like I was able to get answers quickly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths- organized and efficient. Shady Grove runs like a well oiled machine and you are in and out of monitoring sessions quickly. Weaknesses- I felt like a number. There was no personalization or feeling that I was remembered from my last appointment.
Timed intercourse was 100% by our insurance. We are discussing moving on to IUI next and that cost is $1800.
Frederick
Dr. Bromer is a consummate professional. He is knowledgeable kind and truly gives of himself to his patients. In treating you he leaves no stone unturned and no question unasked. He is patient focused and tries to offer solutions that are both medically and financially feasible.... He never tired in answering my questions and even provided me with his cellular phone and email so that I could be in touch with him as question arose.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer is a consummate professional. He is knowledgeable kind and truly gives of himself to his patients. In treating you he leaves no stone unturned and no question unasked. He is patient focused and tries to offer solutions that are both medically and financially feasible. Because he is so thorough , and knowledgeable about the medical and insurance side of things you immediately want to trust. As a patient it was easy to comply with his prescribed course of treatment because you feel like you are a partner in your care and not just patient.
Don't ever tire of treating people with the care and kindness that you do. Infertility is a scary and lonely experience and while we want your guidance and the hard truths we appreciate your taking the time to provide guidance in a way that considers the patient perspective and input and while the truth is sometimes hard to take it easier to bear when the practitioners approach is informed kind and straight forward. In short keep doing what you do!
Dr. Bromer is Awesome! He made me feel so at ease with the process of IVF. He explained the very technical aspects of IVF in the most easy to understand terms. He never tired in answering my questions and even provided me with his cellular phone and email so that I could be in touch with him as question arose. We returned to Dr. Bromer in pursuit of our second child, at which time our insurance only provided for IUI. Dr. Bromer did all of the necessary testing and told us what our best options for achieving pregnancy were. Regrettably we learned that we would not be able to conceive via IUI due to my husbands very low count following weight loss surgery. Devastated by the news, my husband and I opted to proceed with two course of IUI. Dr. Bromer was super supportive despite knowing that are chances were low. He allowed us to try to sudafed protocol etc. When that didn't work he researched and took the time to explain some insurance options that we perhaps had not considered. He truly went above and beyond to try and help us find a solution. He even assisted us in completing our application for a Baby Quest grant. I highly recommend him as a practitioner and should I be fortunate enough to have the funds to pursue an additional IVF he is the doctor that I would chose to see.
For our IVF i dont recall specifics- but we stimulated retrieved 4 eggs- 2 fertilized and one failed to thrive by the time of transfer. So we transferred the one. For our most recent IUI we stimulated and had 2 failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catalani )
Allison is more like an old girlfriend that nurse. She was/ is amazing. She was my nurse for both the IUI and the IVF and I could not have hand picked a better nurse/ care coordinator. She answered questions and facilitated my care through the entirety of my treatment at Shady Grove.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Ease of scheduling is awesome. 24 hour service is an immeasurable benefit to patients who work odd hours. Kind, knowledgeable and caring staff who go above and beyond make the difficult experience of infertility easier to bear
Insurance covered the great majority of our costs- We paid just over $6,000 out of pocket.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was super nice from the first time we met. We had lots of questions and concerns and he took the time to answer everything and tell us in detail what our cycle would more than likely look like. He has been great to us thus far and the only bad thing I have to say is he haven’t done any of my procedures or transfers because I have to go to a bigger office for all of those. I’ve only ever actually seen him 3 times but he does go out of his way to call before all my procedures, egg retrieval and transfers which I really like. He also called after our failed transfer to tell me he was sorry it failed.
Just be aware that there is no guarantee that you will see him other than your consults/ any meetings you have with him. You will see whatever Dr is there for the day.
From our first consult Dr. Bromer really took his time to listen to us and our concerns. He went over all of our test results in detail and made sure we understood them. He personally called me the day of all of my procedures to wish me luck and tell me he will call me again in a few days to see how I’m doing. He also called me after our failed transfer to tell me he was sorry our transfer had failed and he couldn’t wait to start a new cycle with us.
We used ICSI instead of traditional IVF because my husband has a varicocele so it causes his count to be low and his morphology to be messed up. We retrieved 14 eggs and ended up with 6 blastocysts. He suggested we only transfer 1 for our first fresh transfer as we were so young and transfering more wouldn’t increase our success rate by much but it would increase our multiples chances by 50%. Our first cycle failed. He said frozen transfers have better success rates. And was fine with transfering 2 this time like we wanted. We’re currently in the TWW of our first FET second transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni)
I love my primary nurse. She has been great since we first met her and always returns my email and phone calls. She never makes me feel stupid for any question I ask and is always upfront with me. She was super sincere when she called after our transfer failed and is always positive when we talk on the phone.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I overall have had good experiences with Shady grove. The only department I’ve had issues with is the financial department. They slack big time. I would have to call her multiples times and email her multiple times to get an answer. She would act annoyed when I finally got ahold of her and it was always something. Thankfully we had to cancel when we were going to do our second transfer the first time because we were under the impression we didn’t have to pay anything they didn’t tell me we owed a $450 deposit until it was a week from when my transfer was supposed to be.
We had insurance coverage but for our first full round (retrieval and fresh transfer) plus our second frozen transfer it’s been roughly $3,000 including our co-pays, medication, embryo freezing and thawing costs.
He talked to us about the risks of transfering multiple embryos so we didn’t the first time. We talked about transferring two the second time and he was fine with that but he did make sure we really understood the risks of multiples.
Frederick
He is tactful and some what caring, however, we only saw him 2 times during our cycle. Needless to say, our time with Dr. Bromer was very limited. He didn't perform any of the sonograms, retrievals or transfers. We were always told how many eggs were retrieved but, "egg quality" was never discussed with us.... I was on the Vivelle Patch 0.1mg on day 10 after LH surge. I started Cetrotide(for 3 days) on day 2 of the patch. I started Gonal F 450 IU and Menopur 150 IU about 4 days after my last dose of Cetrotide. I was on those until my follicles we're ready and I restarted Cetrotide once a day.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
As questions and make sure you receive a clear answer. Don't expect to see him often and be prepared to deal with multiple (non-informed) healthcare workers during cycle.
There seems to be poor continuity of care. You have someone different most times during monitoring and each person counts a different amount of follicles. Each person tells you something different. They seem to want to do the same thing for everyone...the same protocol. Care should be individualized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette Zuvich & Mindi Cottrell)
The nurses were always nice and tried to answer questions to the best of their knowledge.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Small office which is great, however, on the weekends you have to go to a different office and people who know nothing about your care, is there to attempt to take care of you. During office visits you see multiple healthcare workers. It would be much better if there was some consistency.
Monitoring was horrible because of dealing with different staff and not having the same person. Monitoring is done first thing in the morning. You have to schedule it during the allotted time.
Multi- Cycle (2 Fresh) 21000
Dr. Bromer did not want to transfer more than 2 embryos even though we thought we should transfer 3.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer is a great Doctor I think, he listen as is very patient with multiple questions, he give you options but also tell you what is posible and not posible. He give you numbers if you ask which is good for people like me. The only think that I did not like is that you almost never see the Doctor. We have two appointments over the course of more than a year, one fresh cycle and one Frozen Embryo Transfer. He does not do any of the procederes, but he calls you the morning of the procedures to explain what is happening. So I am sure he was follow my progress and keep and eye on the results, but I still feel like it was a little bit too “virtual” relatinship. I think this is “standard” in this clinic, but they do a good job overall.
Keep in mind that you are not going to get a lot of visits with Dr. Bromer, so write all the questions that you have and ask in the first visit (is a long visit). If you have more questions after the visits just write an email to him or the nurse he will call you or answer by email.
Dr Bromer listen and answer questions in detail. For me that was the most important part of the care, expert knowledge to be able to make good decisions as patients.
We had male and female causes. Male due to poor morphology (they did 2 samples just to confirm), I had parcial blockage of one tube and hypothyroidism. So we decided to go directly to IVF, because morphology can affect fertilization specifically so we know it was a better change that trying inseminations, we also wanted to prevent high multiples pregnancy. I had good ovarian reserve and just turned 35 so we were just about time to start IVF with better prognosis as if we wait for me to be older. We did a fresh cycle and transfer one 6 day blastocyst, but it didn´t work with the fresh transfer. After that we did one FET with two 6- days blastocyst and currently I am pregnant, I did suffer from vanishing twin syndrome, so the 2 embryos attached, but then one died at 6 weeks. My fresh cycle was initially delay when they discover my hypotiroidism, so I had to start medication and control my TSH before actually starting the stimulation. We still have one embryo frozen and we hope to use it latter. Stimullation was hard, the retrieval was hard on my body (painful, bloating, lots of nausea), FET was so much easier even with the progesterone injections. I remember that I used gonal pen, menopur and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
I have two nurses. The great one was Allison. I dont remember the name of the first one, not a good experience, bad communicator and not patient with patients, my husband and I asked Dr. Bromer if it was possible to change nurses and I am happy that we got Allison. She is very organized and answer all of your questions. It was great that I could just email her and she comunicate very well.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very organized clinic, I had to go to Frederick office (smaller) and the main clinic at Rockville (bigger and busier), they have a good system in place. You dont see all the time the same providers (it depends of the office) but they treat you well in general, there is always somebody who is not a nice or is having a bad day, but considering that you have to go for so many visits, ultrasounds, blood draws and other procedures, that is not bad, almost everybody is nice. The clinic is very clean and comfy.
Insurance covered a lot of the IVF fresh cycle (most of medications, monitoring, egg retrieval), it also covered all the test to diagnose infertility. We had to pay all the copays for every visit off course (many visits), some money for the medication, this is like a another copay about 300 dollars, and then we had to pay a deposit for the retrieval, I think it was like 800 dollars, this is because is consider surgical procedure. Insurance did not cover cryopreservation (about 1800 first year). Insurance did not cover FET, I think it was another 1800 dollars per tranfer, they explain this is aetna rate, and it is supposed to be more money if is private.
He strongly recommends eSET, and explains risk and benefit. However the decision is yours. We did one eSET and then in the next cycle we transfer 2, we understood the risk.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jason Bromer] eased my husband's mind with his incredible scientific facts and figures. On top of his tremendous knowledge and experience, he's a real person, with a big heart. I know he's pulling for us and adjusts our treatments as needed for the best outcome. When a doctor calls you from vacation on his personal cell phone, you know you have a keeper!!!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Doctor Bromer was able to ease my mind by telling me he believed we could have a biological baby. He eased my husband's mind with his incredible scientific facts and figures. On top of his tremendous knowledge and experience, he's a real person, with a big heart. I know he's pulling for us and adjusts our treatments as needed for the best outcome. When a doctor calls you from vacation on his personal cell phone, you know you have a keeper!!!
Ask questions. No matter how scary or intimate. He's a doctor and a human and will answers them all, honestly.
After a spontaneous pregnancy resulted in my 1st ectopic pregnancy, Dr. Bromer called me from his personal cell, from vacation, while I was in the hospital. I am currently I going round 3 of IVF with him and I am confident we will have a baby. He is so compassionate and empathetic - I can't imagine doing his journey without him!
I can't even say enough about the nursing staff at SGF Frederick. Allison is my lifeline and I could not do this without her. She is so organized and candid and answers even my most ridiculous TMI questions!!! When we have a baby I can't wait to treat her to a glass (or a bottle - she deserves it!) of champagne!! Michelle the phlebotomist is one of kind. I have THE WORST veins and she hits them every time - all the while chatting with me about our passions for organic foods and beauty products!! When we had our miscarriage, all of the women from the office: Allison, Michelle, Zoe, Jen and Dr. Bromer came in a cried with us. They are family to us and we are soooo happy to have them on our team!!!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Our IVF is covered by insurance, but not the PGS testing.
Frederick
I have found Dr Bromer to be very considerate and straightforward. I absolutely trust his decisions. Another thing I appreciate is that he is aware that we pay out of pocket for all services and medication and actually takes that into consideration. It's nice to deal with someone who is realistic about that aspect as well...I was monitored frequently and dosages were adjusted several times. One egg retrieval complete, 12 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blast. Fresh transfer at 5 days was unsuccessful, doing first frozen embryo transfer right now, using IM injections of del estrogen and progesterone and oral estrace to prepare/maintain lining.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Just be aware that he is willing to work with your obgyn, if it's applicable to your situation, to pursue lower tech treatments first.
I did 3 cycles of clomid with timed intercourse (no monitoring), then 3 IUIs with clomid and a trigger shot. 2 of those IUIs yielded just one, fast developing follicle. None were successful. Now pursuing IVF. Stimmed with gonal f, menopur, and cetritide. I was monitored frequently and dosages were adjusted several times. One egg retrieval complete, 12 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blast. Fresh transfer at 5 days was unsuccessful, doing first frozen embryo transfer right now, using IM injections of del estrogen and progesterone and oral estrace to prepare/maintain lining.
My nurse is available for questions via email which I find tremendously helpful. If she's not in the office she always has an auto responder saying exactly when she will return and who to contact should you have a more urgent question. She helps adjust protocols to work around travel commitments. She always returns my emails and calls.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Shared Risk Program is one of the best things about IVF at Shady Grove. I don't know if we would have pursued further treatment otherwise. They are really good at informing you of results via phone but they do not have an online patient portal where I can look up past results, which is annoying. They are responsive to phone messages. I once left one at 11:30 on a Saturday night and got a call back at 8am Sunday morning. You can do monitoring appointments at any of their locations even if your Dr isn't based there. This is convenient because if you are doing some of the more advanced treatments you may have to go in daily or almost daily for ultrasound and bloodwork and some locations work better on some days. Not all locations are open on weekends or offer all services so you may have to travel a little further than you like sometimes. I rarely see my Dr in person, but he reviews my results and makes treatment decisions, which works fine. If you want to physically see your Dr everytime you go in, you probably won't.
These are our out of pocket costs. We received a 10% discount on all services through their shared help program. Shared risk IVF with ICSI $19800. Meds not included. IUIs $1440 HSG $621 Follow up appointments with Dr Bromer $140 (he was kind enough to do the last over the phone for free)
Dr Bromer recommended eSET, but ultimately left the choice to me. I followed his recommendation to transfer one embryo for my fresh transfer and Frozen transfer.
Frederick
Since we're still undergoing course of treatment, what I can say is that I have felt in control of our treatment plan. Whenever I have questions, they [Dr. Jason Bromer and staff] are answered in a timely manner and explained with attention to detail...My insurance covered most of the diagnostic testing but did not cover medications or IVF. We invested in the Shared Risk Program which included 6 rounds of egg retrievals and unlimited FET transfers. This cost for this program was $22k.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Since we're still undergoing course of treatment, what I can say is that I have felt in control of our treatment plan. Whenever I have questions, they are answered in a timely manner and explained with attention to detail.
Bring all your questions!
Receive phone calls to check up on how I'm doing. Test results are always relayed in the timeframe set. We felt like we were given options and worked with our doctor to come up with one that worked for us.
Gonal F redi-ject pen Menopur Cetrotide Luprolide Estradiol Endometrin
Super friendly and detail oriented. Timely and direct. Very positive attitude.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are very organized and return calls/emails quickly; I have never had to wait a full day for a returned phone call or test/monitoring/procedure results. If I had anything negative to say, it would be that the wait time for monitoring appointments, especially in the Rockville office, sometimes take longer than the actual appointment itself. I would also say that I realize they see a lot of patients each day and they are always very thorough, caring and I have never felt like a "number". I also like the fact that monitoring appointments are from 7:00-8:30a.m. making it easy to get to an appointment before work and not miss as much time from work.
Monitoring appointments were M-F between 7:00-8:30a.m. in the Frederick location. I did like the fact that the Rockville location had later monitoring appointments when I needed to be monitored on the weekends.
We agreed on a single embryo transfer. However, he doesn't recommend any more than transferring two embryos.
Hagerstown
Dr. Bromer treated everyone as if he was in their shoes because he and his wife experienced the same thing. He does not leave any information out and is quick and efficient with his work. He has an answer for everything!... Our IvF was successful but I miscarried at 16 weeks from incompetent cervix. Dr. bromer called me the day after to say how sorry he was and that when we were ready he would be waiting for us and would help us with whatever we needed. He is such a kind and caring man.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do not be afraid to ask questions. There is no judgement. Dr bromer is there to help in any away he can.
Dr. Bromer understood our struggle and did what was right for us from the start. A successful IUI resulting in a loss at 8 weeks, then a second IUI cycle that was cancelled due to two many follicles growing and then doing IVF so if I over stimulated it would not mess anything up. Our IvF was successful but I miscarried at 16 weeks from incompetent cervix. Dr. bromer called me the day after to say how sorry he was and that when we were ready he would be waiting for us and would help us with whatever we needed. He is such a kind and caring man.
After all my baseline tests came back good, we started IUI as the first low technology way to help conceive and it was successful until I miscarried. I responded great to the clomid. Second IUI I didn't respond to any clomid even after inxreasing the dosing so we switched to injectables which over stimulated me. After that 70 day cycle we let it go and then started IVF after a period. IVF was much easier and smoother than expected. All dates and times to do certain things and changes were well communicated and accurate. I was not afraid at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Cantalini)
Very helpful and answered all of my crazy questions! If she was out any other nurse was happy to help as if they knew me. Everyone felt like family to me!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Calm and happy environment. Nice music playing and never loud or obnoxious staff. The blood draw section is very nice and private yet open and friendly at the same time. The new building they moved to is easy to locate and welcoming.
Monitoring appointments were quick and easy! Either blood first then ultrasound or if blood is backed up then ultrasound first. The staff are very fast and do not keep you waiting.
The IUI was not as expensive as originally expected which was nice. Meds are not bad until you get to the price of injectables. My insurance covered First IvF so that was nice.
Dr bromer did not want to risk multiples since I am young, so we transferred one which I agreed with.
Hagerstown
[Dr. Jason Bromer] is a kind and caring physician. He went through our whole cycle and plan for treatment. He answered all questions and was knowledgeable in infertility. Our two IUI cycles were pretty normal, they just didn't work for us to get pregnant. He was a great doctor even if it didn't allow us to conceive.... He was thorough and informative. He was very nice and really cared about us as people and patients.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Broker is a kind and caring physician. He went through our whole cycle and plan for treatment. He answered all questions and was knowledgeable in infertility. Our two IUI cycles were pretty normal, they just didn't work for us to get pregnant. He was a great doctor even if it didn't allow us to conceive.
Just be honest and ask questions. Sometimes it's easy to get lost in the terminology and can be overwhelming but if you don't understand something, ask.
With my PCOS, I had to be on metformin for a couple months before we started any of the IUI cycles. Once it was time to do them, I would have a period induced then was then prescribed and took a similar medicine to Clomid. I had many intravaginal exams to check my ovaries and egg counts. When the time was right, I have myself the injection to ovulate. 36 hours later, we would go to the office for our procedure. I took progesterone for 15 days afterwards until it was time for the pregnancy test. I didn't end up pregnant but I had a perfect cycle from start to finish.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison )
All of the nursing staff are caring and kind people. They were knowledgeable with our treatment plan and also on fertility and infertility. They used email to communicate which was great and easy to do. Also had quick response time. Their actions and words really reflected how much they loved their jobs and wanted their patients to experience pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is clean, new and well equipped for every need. They front desk workers are welcoming and nice. They have separate people to draw the blood so you don't have to wait long. The staff is organized and helpful. The rooms, waiting room and bathrooms are clean and we'll maintained.
Our insurance covered the pre procedure visits which would have been around $600 each time. Our IUI procedure was around $1800 but they offer financial discount and we got 30% off.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Bromer called us several times during the process to let us know the status of our treatment/embryos... I felt like he truly cared about our success. He was very candid about our chances and treatment options, and we fully trusted he was giving us the best care. We were from out of state, but Dr. Bromer still communicated with us through the entire process...We used donor egg bc I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We absolutely loved Dr. Bromer! I felt like he truly cared about our success. He was very candid about our chances and treatment options, and we fully trusted he was giving us the best care. We were from out of state, but Dr. Bromer still communicated with us through the entire process. I also liked that Shady Grove designates a nurse for your care, so I spoke with the same nurse our entire cycle which allowed me to always have open communication/ answers to my questions even if Dr. Bromer wasn’t available. We were successful with DE our first transfer, and I couldn’t be happier with my care.
Just trust the process. It can be overwhelming, but the end result is totally worth it. Come to the consultation with lots of questions, bc it will help you understand what to expect.
We used donor egg bc I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure. For my cycle, I was on birth control to synch my cycles with the other recipients( in the 1:3 shared risk program) then was on Lupron for a week to prevent ovulating. Then on endometrium every 3 days, and progesterone in oil for the 5 days leading up to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Doris Thomas)
Our nurse was wonderful! We were in constant communication through the entire process. She even let me know when she wasn’t going to be at work so I knew not to contact someone else with questions that day. Truly wonderful, warm and compassionate
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
For us, strengths were their donor pool/ program and the 1:3 shared risk program. We wouldn’t have risked treatment without it. I didn’t experience any weaknesses during my treatment cycle. We truly had a wonderful experience and thanks to Shady Grove we have our miracle baby.
30,000 for shared risk DE program. We got 6 tries or our money back if not successful
Given our age, and chances of success Dr. Bromer advised a singe embryo transfer. But we discussed on several occasions leading up to transfer if that was still what we wanted. It was ultimately our decision.
Rockville
Dr. Bromer is a sweet and gentle man. He will be honest in a compassionate way. He is understanding about financial limitations. He is a good communicator. He doesn't mind you emailing him and he will be timely about getting back to your emails.... He did paperwork for me so I could apply for grants. He emailed me about foundations that were offering grants when I couldn't even get the financial counselor to do that for me.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer doesn't seem to see things as better than they are, like my first fertility doctor, so go to him if you want the truth.
Dr. Bromer has been such a nice, caring and honest Dr. He told me the sad truth but in a compassionate way. He always checks emails I send him in a timely manner and even if he is on vacation! He did paperwork for me so I could apply for grants. He emailed me about foundations that were offering grants when I couldn't even get the financial counselor to do that for me.
The only strategy Dr. Bromer used for my IUI's was to put me on Letrozole.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alison Catalani)
I did not like nurse Catalani. She seemed disorganized. She put me down for timed intercourse once when I told her we were doing IUI. She called me and left me a voicemail message once with another woman's test results. She never seemed compassionate toward me.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Some of the nurses are not compassionate and seem disorganized. The financial coordinator only got back to me once in a while when I called or emailed, although she is a nice woman. The financial coordinator was not realistic about my husband's infertility and my first fertility doctor, Dr. Esposito, was not realistic in the least about my husband's infertility.
They charged about $350 for IUI. That was with sperm cleansing. They charged like around $250 I think for a transvaginal ultrasound.
15 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Bromer is truly passionate about what he does, and cares for his patients. He was always honest with me about risks, and potential outcomes, allowing me to make an informed consent...Don't hesitate to be open and honest with him. He is very non-judgemental and provides direct information with compassion...I don't remember the exact protocol, but over about 17 days I injected myself with agonists to produce follicles, and went in for ultrasounds and bloodwork to follow my estrogen level and number of follicles. I then started a medication to stop ovulation. Once there were a lot of follicles, I took medication to mature them and two days later had the egg retrieval.
15 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer is kind, knowledgeable and highly skilled. I am very pleased with my experience with him, and would use him again without hesitation, if needed. Because I lived far from his office, he was able to monitor me remotely from a different Shady Grove location. I was still able to reach him whenever I had a question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette )
My primary nurse did a great job keeping me informed and also helped me prepare well for each step. She was usually available for questions but made sure I had access to a nurse after hours. The one time I needed to call that line the staff was quite helpful in walking me through the next steps in my protocol.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Because Shady Grove has multiple locations, it is easy to find locations close to you for daily monitoring. They are well organized and connected, so that your primary doctor and nurse get your results and contact you daily to update you. They have done many procedures and have great success rates.
It was a well-oiled machine, but there were limited hours on the weekend so you had to schedule around that. I spent more time waiting ok the weekends, but was usually in and out during the week.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Bromer is honest in how he feels about everything. He states facts from what studies have shown for whatever is going on with you. If you dont ever understand something hes saying, just ask again, he will explain again without making you feel uneasy for asking again. If you are home and think of somethinf you want to ask. Just call or email him. He will ALWAYS get back with you. He was a great a doctor and we are forever grateful he was our doctor...
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't lose faith if you doesnt work out the first few times... it will happen as long as you keep faith.
They treated me like family. The positive pregnancy beta was the best day and the hardest day because i knew that meant i wouldnt be seeing them anymore. I couldnt thank them enough for what they did for my husband and I and how they made me feel. Even during all the negatives, they were the ones that helped keep my strength to keep going. We will forever be grateful!
Pills- clomid... my eggs took awhile to respond Clomid plus some injections- same issue Injections- they would grow good but sometimes too many so as soon as dose was lowered to take away the risk of over stimulating, only one or two would continue. Injections for ivf- great results. Ended with 6 good embryos. Two that we transferred and 4 that we froze!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni Benjamin )
Loved her and all the staff! Miss them everyday! She and they were serious about their work but also made me feel as family! Any questions i had, toni was always there to answer all my annoying or repeated questions! They are truely the best nurses and staff around! I dont think anybody could beat my experience with them! Again i just absolutely love them and couldnt be more thankful for them not giving up on me and being there for me through all the ups and downs! They are forever family to me and my soon to be twins!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Great communication Caring Responsible On their game!
It all in the mornings. I never had a issue. They always got me in whenever it was needed
Only had $30 co pays plus copays for medications
Dr bromer peeferred one embryo and told us how the chances we high for us with just one. We chose to do two, and even tho he tried to sway us the other way, he let us proceed with what we thought was best
Frederick
[Dr. Bromer has an...] Excellent bed side manner, treated me as an individual and not a statistic, always made himself available to talk and address questions/concerns, never rushed us, always laid out the pros and cons and set expectations, compassionate and wanted to see us succeed as much as we wanted to succeed. He was a gladiator for us, helping us to fight our way through infertility. I could not imagine having such success with anyone else.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer was amazing in every sense. Excellent bed side manner, treated me as an individual and not a statistic, always made himself available to talk and address questions/concerns, never rushed us, always laid out the pros and cons and set expectations, compassionate and wanted to see us succeed as much as we wanted to succeed. He was a gladiator for us, helping us to fight our way through infertility. I could not imagine having such success with anyone else.
I've read a few comments about him not seeing patients during monitoring or procedures, but just because he's not there in person, he's closely monitoring everything and is actively engaged in your cycling. He always makes himself available to answer questions and address concerns. Personally, I'd rather have a doctor who gets results, rather than hold my hand during the monitoring or procedures.
Dr. Bromer was so easy to talk to. We discussed both high and low stimulation protocols and made the decision to go with high stims. He layer out injection refining for me, but changed it periodically based on my monitoring results. At a previous clinic, the doctor was only willing to use 1 protocol and would not make any adjustments based on monitoring results,. I ended up having a cancelled retrieval at that clinic and a broken heart.
We did a high stimulation protocol. I started with estrogen priming and then Gonal F 450 and Menopur. The Menopur kept getting adjusted based on my labs. Towards the end of the cycle, I was giving myself 3-4 vial injections of menopur. I also used Ganirelix once the lead follicle hit a particular size. On this protocol, I produced 5 eggs on one cycle and 9 on the following cycle.
Toni was excellent! She was always communicating with me, even at 5:00 on a Friday evening she'd call to discuss questions/concerns. Between the first and second cycle, my menses never started, so labs were ordered. She noticed that my follicles were stagnant, no lead follicle, and asked Dr. Bromer if I could begin cycling again right away. It was on this secon cycle that I produced 9 eggs. She was always rooting for us and instrumental in our success.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
If there is any weakness at all, I'd say the wait time in Rockville for monitoring during the week. It gets pretty busy, and they tend to run behind there. A modest price to pay for success though!
My insurance paid for it, but I believe 1 round of IVF was about $10,000
Hagerstown
My first IUI cycle [with Shady Grove Fertility] was canceled due to overstimulation so he cut back on the dosage of Clomid. He added injectable medications for IUI cycles after the oral medications resulted in negative pregnancy tests...For my FET I was part of a study and used vaginal progesterone with a positive result and a live birth...Dr. Bromer was very compassionate and took the time to talk and answered any questions we had. He didn’t make us feel rushed to get in and out of the office. He was very supportive after we lost our twins from our fresh cycle at 22 weeks gestation.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I honestly can not think of any weaknesses for Dr. Bromer. He was always available when I had any questions and available through email when the office was closed. He was always quick to respond. Both my husband and I felt very comfortable being in his care. After our loss we went in to speak to him 6 months later and he truly cared and you could see him holding back tears.
Don’t be afraid to ask him anything. He is very intelligent and shows that he truly cares about his patients.
My first IUI cycle was canceled due to overstimulation so he cut back on the dosage of Clomid. He added injectable medications for IUI cycles after the oral medications resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We had to do so many IUI’s due to insurance before we could move on to IVF. It’s hard for me to remember the medications for the IVF cycle, but in the end I had 4 blastocysts. For my FET I was part of a study and used vaginal progesterone with a positive result and a live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette Zuvich)
Jeannette was wonderful and very compassionate. She always returned calls the same day and was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Everyone from the front desk receptionist, the nurses, doctors and those in the lab were always very friendly and greeted us with a smile. Monday’s were always very busy days so you could almost guarantee there was going to be a little bit of a wait in the waiting room.
Monday was a monitoring day and it got a little busy in the waiting area. We always tried to get an early appointment due to working night shift and going after work.
It’s hard to remember the exact costs but I know the FET was $4,600 and we were part of a research study so the medications were free. Our fresh IVF cycle was somewhere around $10,000. My insurance at the time covered a large part of the medications.
My doctor strongly encouraged eSET when we decided to transfer two embryos. He went over all the risks of a multiple pregnancy.
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Bromer always follows up with us even if he was not present at the visit. He has relayed information to us even while he was on vacation. He has called us personally even outside of his work hours to make sure that we were not worried or misunderstanding any information. He is compassionate and trustworthy and my husband and I have been very blessed to have him as our physician!...I do wish that it would have been Dr. Bromer who preformed the Embryo Transfer himself rather than a different doctor, However I certainly understand that this may not have been a possibility for him on the day that my transfer occured.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We used donor egg and Embryo Transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patti)
My nurse was awesome. Definitely compassionate and invested. I did at time feel that she may have had too full of a case load and for that reason there were times when we could not get in touch with her to review important details and this made us feel unprepared at times.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The donor egg billing staff was very rude with the exception of Jasmine who was phenomenal. Linda at the front desk seems often less than thrilled that you are there. The donor egg and gestational coordinator Leslie Polanco was not pleasant to speak with at all. She was rude over the phone on a number of occasions. She seemed consistently motivated to slow down the process and was often shocked at how quickly we were able to complete the tasks given to us. My husband, donor and myself all recall feeling like she did not want this process to be a success for us which was extremely discouragibg and highly unnecessary.
He was supportive and steadfastly informative.
Frederick
Dr. Bromer called me frequently to update me on the progress of our embryos, changes in our treatment plan, etc. These calls occurred on weekdays, weekends...whenever I needed to know something, he was sure be in contact with us. He also listened to and supported our reasons for electing to transfer more than one embryo...Dr. Bromer explained our options thoroughly, answered any and all questions we had, let me vent when I needed to, and was overall extremely supportive. He encouraged genetic counseling, as well as testing of our miscarried baby in order to determine what had led to the miscarriage
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Bromer explained our options thoroughly, answered any and all questions we had, let me vent when I needed to, and was overall extremely supportive. He encouraged genetic counseling, as well as testing of our miscarried baby in order to determine what had led to the miscarriage, both of which provided us with some really helpful information.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Ask questions, and seek to understand your treatment. Dr. Bromer is an advocate of both, and will help you to make informed decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I truly don't remember the details of our fertility drugs, though I know I took Lupron both times. Our first egg retrieval yielded 8 embryos, only 2 of which were suitable for transfer. Though we achieved pregnancy, I miscarried at 8 weeks. At Dr. Bromer's suggestion, we had testing on the miscarried baby and learned that he had Klinefelter's syndrome. Our 2nd egg transfer we used ICSI. This also yielded 8 embyos, and though all had fertilized, most had done so abnormally. Only 2 were suitable for transfer. Dr. Bromer said that over two cycles our fertilization rate was on the lower end, and that it was possible that there was some undiagnosed factor impacting our fertilization, which we would want to explore should the cycle fail. Fortunately both embryos implanted, and we were blessed with boy/girl twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Bold)
Alyssa was amazing. She communicated with us frequently, and conveniently though email while I was at work. She was compassionate, professional, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The location was convenient to the Harrisburg area, and seem to have great success rates. I know several couples who have successfully conceived with Shady Grove. They worked with my insurance, scheduled appointments at times convenient for me, and were very pleasant to work with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The consultation and diagnostics were covered by my insurance. Fertility drugs cost in the neighborhood of $2500 per cycle. Shared risk IVF cost $20,000, and covered up to six fresh cycles of IVF.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Our fertility clinic promotes eSET. However for a variety of reasons, we elected to transfer both of our embryos each time we did IVF. Dr. Bromer was extremely supportive of this decision. In fact, when the doctor performing my transfer questioned and even discouraged our decision to transfer both, it was Dr. Bromer's support that helped me stand firm in our decision and insist that both be transferred, as Dr. Bromer and I had discussed. Looking at both of our beautiful kids (born full-term after an uneventful pregnancy), I'm so glad we had Dr. Bromer on our side.
Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia
Mechanicsburg
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. B [Bromer] was kind and compassionate with a delicate subject. He fully explained everything and answered all my many questions... I only saw Dr. B. during the beginning for consultation and to discuss test results. He did do my iui. I am guessing if my protocol was different I would have seen him more but nurses and ultrasound techs did all the monitoring...he calmed all my fears and created a plan I was comfortable with.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. B. was kind and compassionate with a delicate subject. He fully explained everything and answered all my many questions. His team fully supported me throughout the process and I was happy to have my care in hands
I put off making the appointment, but he calmed all my fears and created a plan I was comfortable with. Just make the call.
While the care I got was great, I only saw Dr. B. during the beginning for consultation and to discuss test results. He did do my iui. I am guessing if my protocol was different I would have seen him more but nurses and ultrasound techs did all the monitoring
I had to do 3 rounds of letrozol before my follicles responded. We did monitoring until I had 1 large follicle. I did a trigger shot on Saturday and iui on monday. I had a 52 day cycle, slow and steady won the race. Currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindi C was amazing. Allison was ok but didnt communicate as often or quickly )
Allison was my nurse at the end, she seemed busy and I didnt meet her in person until I requested towards the end of my care. My first nurse Mindi was absolutely the best.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very clean, wasnt too busy didnt have to wait too long for appointments, wonderful at drawing blood! My only negative is the billing was always confusing and hard to just get an idea of what my balance was to pay it off.
IuI was 1710 (with a small 90 dollar discount) meds were around 200 through a pharmacy found by my nurse. Testing was about 3500 and 1700 for surgery to remove a polyp
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
So far, Dr.Bromer has been great to work with. He has compassion for our situation and acts like he wants us to have a baby as much as we want to have one. Our questions are answered fully each appointment and we never feel rushed or that he has something more important to tend to...We were treated like our problems were important to him...I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroditis after completing all the routine tests. Was started on synthroid.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don’t wait another day to make an appointment with Dr. Bromer!
We were treated like our problems were important to him and he would do whatever he could to get us to a healthy pregnancy.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroditis after completing all the routine tests. Was started on synthroid. Then once my levels were corrected, we finished upfront testing. My ovulation was off. He recommended we start clomid/IUI. We are now infirst cycle of IUI. Taking clomid then ovidrel shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alison and Jody)
They are all excellent!! They reply back to you quickly and always take care of things. They all do their job very well!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Excellent experience! My husband and I cannot day enough wonderful things about the clinic. They are personable, compassionate, helpful, and always understanding. We have no complaints. I often say “why can’t all doctor’s offices be as good as Shady Grove Fertility”
My insurance hasn’t covered much so we have paid cash price for most things. However, we are extremely grateful they offer a 25% military discount if paying cash price.
Hagerstown
Dr Bromer was very upfront with best course of action, how long we should attempt, and then next steps. He is compassionate and attentive. He understood fully why we were seeking treatment and has agreed to aggressively treat and test items at my request....He’s always answered all of my questions fully and has seen us for multiple consultations through the process...He is direct (at least with me) but I’ve also asked for that.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is direct (at least with me) but I’ve also asked for that.
IUI with gonal f- testing every three days to verify growth, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories, estrace suppositories. Next cycle will be stronger doses of gonal f earlier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jodi )
Communication lacks a bit. First cycle miscarriage had to skip a month for next treatment bc of miss communication
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Clinic is very helpful and kind. Billing is mentioned - just be prepared at each appointment they use a portal which is good but test results aren’t loaded there. Overall great experience so far and would recommend
Luckily insurance covers and I’m at max OOp for year.
Frederick
Began [with Dr. Jason Bromer] using Bravelle, Menopur, Estrace and others. I think this is normal protocol. Then we switched to Menopur, blood thinners, steroids, leuprolide, etc...He is wonderful! He explained every procedure. Would call us the day before, day of and day after to make sure we were ok or had questions...He has a beautiful bedside manner. He’s compassionate and listens well. He explains everything so that you understand. He and his wife have gone through the process. He’s just down to earth. No question is off limits. He remembers past concerns, etc.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. His office is very organized.
Began using Bravelle, Menopur, Estrace and others. I think this is normal protocol. Then we switched to Menopur, blood thinners, steroids, leuprolide, etc
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette and then Mindi)
I lucked out with both primary nurses. They are wonderful
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are very organized. You don’t always have to monitor there. Or you can monitor and other Shady Grove offices. They are thorough and welcoming. Nothing bad to say. I love it there. They do require monitoring appointments and I recommend making in advance
We were eligible for the shared risk plan for $20,000 and for 6 IVF cycles and as many FET cycles we had embryos for. All meds were out of pocket and roughly $6,000 per IVF and $3,000 per FET
We always did multiple embryo transfers when available
4 IUI, IVF
Dr. Bromer was really helpful and caring about our situation. He has been always trying to find a better protocol for us... He shows a lot of compassion when our treatment didn't work, he called and made sure I was ok He is always prompt to sit down or call us to keep us update about the procedures...My two previous protocols he used Menopur, Follistim, ganirelix and I used endometrim. The first one my progesterone was too high and unfortunately the embryo did not stick. The second one we had one good egg and my progesterone were a little elevated, but he moved forward. Unfortunately did not work again.
4 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Doctor Bromer is really knowledgeable and always find the best way to help us to get pregnant. He shows a lot of compassion when our treatment didn't work, he called and made sure I was ok He is always prompt to sit down or call us to keep us update about the procedures.
Just be open and ask any question. He will not judge and will help the best way he can.
Toni is very helpful always answer the e-mails right the way and if needed also gives me a call.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Fertility Clinic, in general, is really good, all the staff is friendly and helpful. The 24 hs emergency calls are always answered and a nurse is prompt to answer our questions anytime. They always make a way to fit you in an appointment even last minutes one. Weakness: they are a little disorganized with appointments and sometimes paperwork.
Frederick
He [Dr. Bromer] made me feel like I was just money to be made at shady grove. He missed diagnosing me with endometriosis even though I had the symptoms and complained about a very specific pain. I had a second opinion and right away she found an endometrial cyst and said it appeared (based on my pain) that I had endometriosis.... He said since nothing was found wrong that IUI and IVF would be our only chance at getting pregnant.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He made me feel like I was just money to be made at shady grove. He missed diagnosing me with endometriosis even though I had the symptoms and complained about a very specific pain. I had a second opinion and right away she found an endometrial cyst and said it appeared (based on my pain) that I had endometriosis. She suggested a laparoscopy which confirmed her diagnosis.
Find another doctor
Lack of personal relationship and did not listen to my issues and complaints. He suggest IVF at our very first consult.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was very short and never seemed to care. The ladies that did the blood draws seemed the kindest.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Never saw the same nurses. Very impersonal. I always felt that I was bothering them. My main contact nurse never seemed to care or show any compassion. The financial advisor was no help and was very hard to reach.
Very expensive testing and procedures. IUIs were $1800 plus medication.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Bromer did a good job of explaining the process to us. He was personable and candid about our choices which I liked...The doctor did a great job of explaining everything to us and we felt well prepared. I would definitely recommend him to a friend looking for a fertility doctor. I haven't seen him much but nurses handled monitoring appointments in an expedient manner with few exceptions.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't despair and keep trying!
Letrozol, 6 IUIs
She was great as long as you don't have to deviate from the established routine. Somewhat slow with responding to critical emails and phone calls. Several of my prescriptions required advanced approval from the insurance company, the approvals got expired and never extended. I happened to review my paperwork after the expiration date right before the next treatment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic works fine, not great, as long as you don't deviate from their routine. My body works differently and Dr. Bromer prescribed a different routine for me. I ended up receiving a lot of resistance and blank stares from nurses for my insistance on checking my chart. I definitely felt like a number sometimes.
$3000 deductible each year plus $50 a visit.
Frederick
Dr. Bromer has done a wonderful job to listen and answer any and all questions or concerns we've had about ethical issues concerning our future babies.... He is very thorough and treats you with respect. No question is a dumb question and he is very compassionate. He has shown us over and over that he cares about our situation and desires to help us grow our family is the best and safest way possible.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Trust his decisions and ask any and all questions you may have.
We wanted to start out slow with the least invasive options and work our way up to IVF, which we are now currently doing. He was patient and helpful to work through each phase and help us get the most for our money and time. We did 3 timed intercourse cycles with clomid and injectibles, 3 IUI's with injectibles, and now we're getting ready to start our 3rd IVF cycle with our last frozen embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catallani)
My primary nurse is not the most thorough with details but she is nice.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are very personable and helpful for the most part. The billing is a little crazy.
Expensive as we have no insurance coverage but the Shared Risk plan is helpful for IVF with a guarantee.
Frederick
He [Dr. Bromer] was very nice and helpful. Does not treat you like a number. Calls you personally to check on you.He explained things in detail also was not pushy and let us decide between option rather then pushing us into something we didn't want to do...I like how he examined results after each appt and adjusted meds to what I needed ...Weaknesses sometimes when medication adjustments were needed and left in messages were hard to call back to ask questions
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
...He was very nice and helpful. Does not treat you like a number. Calls you personally to check on you.He explained things in detail also was not pushy and let us decide between option rather then pushing us into something we didn't want to do.
Ask questions he will be very helpful
I like how he examined results after each appt and adjusted meds to what I needed . In other fertility clinics friends of mine who have just been given set medication and doesn't change it
I saw Jeanette mainly but also saw Betsy and few others and all were so helpful. The radiology and others were very compassionate
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths are they give you a lot of information in packets in videos it's so helpful. Weaknesses sometimes when medication adjustments were needed and left in messages were hard to call back to ask questions
They were first thing in morning and they were quick to get you in since mostly everyone is going before work. I had to drive an hour each way before work so I'd be there right at or before 7
It was expensive but was able to do shared risk program so if our ivf didn't work we could get a refund
Dr. bromer recommended one embryo but said at most two and asked us to decide after giving us all information
2013
He [Dr. Bromer] knew my case and details and was very good at relaying information...We had a great experience. He adjusted cycles as needed and was great with communicating. He was personable and answered and questions we had. He was nice, sincere, empathetic, and genuine...able to diagnose and determine a treatment plan for us in a short amount of time
2013
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We had a great experience. He adjusted cycles as needed and was great with communicating. He was personable and answered and questions we had. He was nice, sincere, empathetic, and genuine. I was very happy with our experience with Dr. Bromer.
Ask questions.
He knew my case and details and was very good at relaying information.
I do not remember specifics. I triggered with Lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Everyone was incredibly nice and polite. I did not meet a single person. I wasn’t happy with or felt or off by. My nurse was fantastic and answered my questions in a timely manner both through email and phone calls. The bloodwork nurses were fantastic as well.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My clinic was great with communication and empathy. Everyone was polite and knowledgeable. They were able to diagnose and determine a treatment plan for us in a short amount of time. I think future patients should not judge the clinic by their first visit. You are literally a number when you go in for a consultation, but you become family.
We did a shared risk program and paid $22,000 for our IVF. Medication was an extra expense. Our fresh cycle was approximately $7,000 in medication. The two frozen cycles were approximately $5000 in medication.
Frederick
I wish he [Dr. Jason Bromer] would have been more aggressive in our treatment and more proactive since we were paying out of pocket. After I had my first iui that was a terrible experience he stepped up and offered to do the procedure the next time...He is very personable and will meet with you to explain everything....The first two cycles of iui he recommended clomid and a hug trigger shot with progesterone after the procedure. When those two cycles did not work he changed me to letrozole which caused early ovulation and an unsuccessful cycle.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I wish he would have been more aggressive in our treatment and more proactive since we were paying out of pocket. After I had my first iui that was a terrible experience he stepped up and offered to do the procedure the next time.
He is very personable and will meet with you to explain everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindi )
I currently love my nurse. She will email to check up on me. She is also very thorough and gives detailed directions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The staff is great at Shady Grove. The only complaint that I have had is the financial department. They do not return emails or phone calls. I have asked questions and they can not give any information.
An iui cycle has a global fee of $1800. They have several options for discount programs
Hagerstown
He [Dr. Jason Bromer] was very friendly and professional and interested in knowing what my goals were and discussing options with me on how to achieve my goals. It was nice to know that I would only have one dr rather than a series of drs manage my care...The staff [at Shady Grove] were warm and friendly and really encouraged communicating with them about any questions or concerns I might have...IUI was around 1800$, labs and medication were additional and my insurance covered some of that
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very friendly and professional and interested in knowing what my goals were and discussing options with me on how to achieve my goals. It was nice to know that I would only have one dr rather than a series of drs manage my care.
Men can be great fertility doctors
The staff were warm and friendly and really encouraged communicating with them about any questions or concerns I might have
We discussed what protocols I used at my last fertility clinic and what options he thought were open for me in my current situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Jessica and the other staff members were efficient and knowledable about all the different scenarios that could occur
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is very conviniently located and the monitoring hours are more work friendly than my previous clinic.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
he [Dr. Bromer] took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work....He was a good doctor but never took into account that I have crohns disease and they can impact implantation and I feel like things should have been different. I found out from a friend that crohns can cause complications and when I asked him he said it can. They had all my records...when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
hes a good doctor
he took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work.
when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to. I ran out of meds and I had to drive to philly to pick up more meds. IVF is very hard on your body and emotions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
I loved alyssa she was great to deal with and always answered my questions and emails in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I wish they would have taken into account that I had crohns disease and the possibility that it could impact implantation. Also I feel that their prices are high and if it wasn't for my dad we would have never been able to do IVF.
it ended up being like $12,000
we transferred 2 and I was happy with that.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Bromer made us feel comfortable at every meeting, always makes sure we fully understood the details, encourages questions, and is candid with his answers when prompted. He shared his own personal experiences with infertility which made it feel like he could relate to us on a personal level....The Frederick office [of Shady Grove] is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.... The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask for follow up questions
The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces.
Toni communicates well and makes sure you feel you are taken care of. She goes out of her way to ensure you get the information you need.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Frederick office is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.
Most things were covered by insurance
2013 - 2014
IVF, Donor Eggs
Bromer was great but I rarely saw him. We interacted more with nurses. My assigned nurse, patty, seemed to be indifferent to my treatment. I was not pleased with my interactions with her at all.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I liked Dr. Bromer. He put up with my questions and answered them candidly.
He's not a warm and fuzzy guy but knows his stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
I had good interactions with the rest of the nursing staff. Patty was hard to get hold of, barely answered my questions and never seemed interested in me, my husband, or what we were going through.
Rockville
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Other
[Dr. Justin Bromer] Very compassionate, straight forward and professional. Excellent communication and bedside manner...Always upfront and available to answer any questions or explain his answers to to make sure your making the best decision for yourself. Never felt rushed and went the extra mile to ensure we understood or to educate us...Get ready to be treated like you always wanted to be treated by a doctor.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Get ready to be treated like you always wanted to be treated by a doctor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very informative and accommodating. Great communication and organization.