5.6

Hagerstown
1165 Imperial Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21740
1.888.761.1967

He’s [Dr. Bromer] very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me...3 cycles of clomid, ovidrel, and preogesterone suppositories. I have PCOS and the clomid was used to stimulate follicle growth and the ovidrel was to ensure I ovulated within a certain timeframe. I’m on the third cycle now, but the first 2 ended up with negative results.
Shady Grove runs like a factory - you check in, get called to the back, and get sent out once everything is finished. as Often as I’ve been there over the past few months, I don’t think any of the nurses recognize me because they constantly have a flow of patients come in and out and conversations are kept to a minimum....Strengths- organized and efficient. Shady Grove runs like a well oiled machine and you are in and out of monitoring sessions quickly.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He’s very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Make sure to ask all of the questions you have- he really does do a good job of explaining everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jody)
For as busy as the nurses are, Jody did an excellent job of responding to my concerns. Sometimes I’d get an email response and sometimes she would call, either way, I felt like I was able to get answers quickly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths- organized and efficient. Shady Grove runs like a well oiled machine and you are in and out of monitoring sessions quickly. Weaknesses- I felt like a number. There was no personalization or feeling that I was remembered from my last appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Timed intercourse was 100% by our insurance. We are discussing moving on to IUI next and that cost is $1800.
Frederick

He is tactful and some what caring, however, we only saw him 2 times during our cycle. Needless to say, our time with Dr. Bromer was very limited. He didn't perform any of the sonograms, retrievals or transfers. We were always told how many eggs were retrieved but, "egg quality" was never discussed with us.... I was on the Vivelle Patch 0.1mg on day 10 after LH surge. I started Cetrotide(for 3 days) on day 2 of the patch. I started Gonal F 450 IU and Menopur 150 IU about 4 days after my last dose of Cetrotide. I was on those until my follicles we're ready and I restarted Cetrotide once a day.
There seems to be poor continuity of care [at Shady Grove-Hagerstown]. You have someone different most times during monitoring and each person counts a different amount of follicles. Each person tells you something different. They seem to want to do the same thing for everyone...the same protocol. Care should be individualized.... Small office which is great, however, on the weekends you have to go to a different office and people who know nothing about your care, is there to attempt to take care of you. During office visits you see multiple healthcare workers.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
As questions and make sure you receive a clear answer. Don't expect to see him often and be prepared to deal with multiple (non-informed) healthcare workers during cycle.
There seems to be poor continuity of care. You have someone different most times during monitoring and each person counts a different amount of follicles. Each person tells you something different. They seem to want to do the same thing for everyone...the same protocol. Care should be individualized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette Zuvich & Mindi Cottrell)
The nurses were always nice and tried to answer questions to the best of their knowledge.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Small office which is great, however, on the weekends you have to go to a different office and people who know nothing about your care, is there to attempt to take care of you. During office visits you see multiple healthcare workers. It would be much better if there was some consistency.
Monitoring was horrible because of dealing with different staff and not having the same person. Monitoring is done first thing in the morning. You have to schedule it during the allotted time.
Multi- Cycle (2 Fresh) 21000
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. Bromer did not want to transfer more than 2 embryos even though we thought we should transfer 3.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Because there was no continuity of care and we were dealing with a different workers at each appointment, we were given conflicting information a lot of the time.
Hagerstown

He [Dr. Bromer] made me feel like I was just money to be made at shady grove. He missed diagnosing me with endometriosis even though I had the symptoms and complained about a very specific pain. I had a second opinion and right away she found an endometrial cyst and said it appeared (based on my pain) that I had endometriosis.... He said since nothing was found wrong that IUI and IVF would be our only chance at getting pregnant.
Never saw the same nurses. Very impersonal. I always felt that I was bothering them [Shady Grove Fertility- Frederick]. My main contact nurse never seemed to care or show any compassion. The financial advisor was no help and was very hard to reach.... The nursing staff was very short and never seemed to care. The ladies that did the blood draws seemed the kindest.... Very expensive testing and procedures. IUIs were $1800 plus medication.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He made me feel like I was just money to be made at shady grove. He missed diagnosing me with endometriosis even though I had the symptoms and complained about a very specific pain. I had a second opinion and right away she found an endometrial cyst and said it appeared (based on my pain) that I had endometriosis. She suggested a laparoscopy which confirmed her diagnosis.
Find another doctor
Lack of personal relationship and did not listen to my issues and complaints. He suggest IVF at our very first consult.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Never saw the same nurses. Very impersonal. I always felt that I was bothering them. My main contact nurse never seemed to care or show any compassion. The financial advisor was no help and was very hard to reach.
Very expensive testing and procedures. IUIs were $1800 plus medication.
Frederick

Meet him [Dr. Bromer] 3 times to discuss options but never felt heard, he never made me feel comfortable and could not figure out why I was unable to become pregnant....I feel dismissed, never got an answer why I could not get pregnant, was not sympathetic with our jpurney. The last meeting he told us that his wife and him also had fertility issues. Would have been nice to have known upfront as that was the appointment he was relatable to.
[Shady Grove] Unorganized, rude, overpriced and charged you more than you were told and then would send you a refund after you advocated that your co-pay was not what was quoted. I called the financial department many times and I would not receive return calls for days....Lost paperwork, when I left Dr. Bromers office for a different clinic the paperwork was not sent. My results were not communicated to me in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be your advocate, make sure your concerns are heard.
Meet him 3 times to discuss options but never felt heard, he never made me feel comfortable and could not figure out why I was unable to become pregnant.
Our 1st IUI was not medicated, 2 others were with Clomid, estrace, did a trigger but cannot remember the name.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Toni was my nurse, she was unorganized, did not really know what protocol we were going to do. She was out of the office on maternity leave for a couple months and no one told us and when she returned she snapped at me and said I was rude to her. She told me that her pregnancy was not planned and said that none of her 4 pregnancies were and it would happen for us also. That was not something to tell a same sex couple who are struggling with unexplained fertility.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Non medicated was cheaper, approximately $3000.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.