5.6

301.631.1180
1165 Imperial Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21740
1.888.761.1967

Although we only saw Dr.Bromer a few times during treatment (our nurse was our main go to and was the absolute BEST!), Dr. Bromer took his time and answered our questions at the initial consult. He also checked in during a follicle check appointment to see how things were progressing and called us after PGS testing was complete, before and after egg retrieval, and before our embryo transfer. He was also there on the day of our first ultrasound to congratulate us, show us our baby, and her heartbeat! He was compassionate and we always felt like we were in good hands under his care.
Our nurse Toni made our experience [at Shady Grove Fertility] exceptional. We looked forward to hearing from her and actually miss her now that we are pregnant!...We chose the shared risk program ($22,500) through Shady Grove which included 6 stimulated cycles and unlimited transfers until 1 live birth. We also added the PGS testing for 5,000 for a total of $27,500...The clinic is well organized. From our first contact to set up a consultation, to financial counseling, to our final appointment before discharge, everything always ran smoothly and the staff had all bases covered. I really liked how patients get a patient portal online where you have direct access to your test results, monitoring and treatment schedule, and messaging for your doctor, nurse, front desk, or financial coordinator. If I had to name one weakness it would probably be that they are not open on weekends for monitoring or phone calls, so if one of your monitoring days falls on a weekend you have to travel to another office. For us, it was Rockville, MD which was an additional 30 minute drive.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We switched to SGF after a not so great experience with another clinic in Pittsburgh. We had heard so many wonderful things about Shady Grove and were so excited and full of hope to start treatment with them. Dr. Bromer is friendly, positive, and honest, but also to the point which we appreciated. He took his time with us at our initial in person consult. Prior to this, wewere even given a free of charge phone consult before scheduling our first office consultation since we lived 2 hours away from the clinic. Both times he was very knowledgeable, kind and answered our questions about treatment, PGS testing, ICSI, and medication protocols.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
If you are a self-pay patient as we were, don’t be afraid to ask questions about the financial options offered. You will meet with a financial advisor at SGF as well, and she is awesome. But we went with the “shared risk” plan and probably could have gone with the “multi cycle” plan to save some $. Hindsight is 20/20, but be sure to ask questions about chances of success based on your particular situation or diagnosis before making that big decision!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I was treated with a high responder antagonist protocol. I believe the reason for this was that I don’t have any diagnosed fertility issues (although I *may* have some underlying problems, read below) and Dr. Bromer was confident that he could retrieve eggs. I am in a same sex marriage, which was the primary reason my wife and I chose IVF to start a family. However, I also have a substantially sized endometrioma on my right ovary which was likely getting in the way of IUI success and most likely points to endometriosis elsewhere, although I’ve never had the lap surgery done. As far as the treatment plan goes, I was on birth control for 18 days prior to starting 150 IUs of Follistim/Gonal F daily (after my first follicle check this was increased to 175 daily) and 75 IU Menapur, daily. I started Ganirelix 1x per day once follicles were >14mm. Triggered with Lupron. The results were: 16 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized and 8 made it to 5 day blastocysts. Of those 8, 6 were PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni)
Our nurse Toni made our experience exceptional. We looked forward to hearing from her and actually miss her now that we are pregnant! She was extremely organized, prompt, friendly, and positive. She made sure to call at a time that my wife and I would be available. She never treated us like a number even though I’m sure she was extremely busy. She always took her time when speaking to us and made sure to answer all of our questions...and we had a lot of questions! Shady Grove Frederick was a wonderful experience and the main reason was because of Toni and the staff there. We always felt like we were in good hands when we were there.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Frederick is one of their smaller office in my opinion, so we always felt like we were getting individualized attention. We always saw the same friendly faces at each appointment which took a lot of the anxiety away. The clinic is well organized. From our first contact to set up a consultation, to financial counseling, to our final appointment before discharge, everything always ran smoothly and the staff had all bases covered. I really liked how patients get a patient portal online where you have direct access to your test results, monitoring and treatment schedule, and messaging for your doctor, nurse, front desk, or financial coordinator. If I had to name one weakness it would probably be that they are not open on weekends for monitoring or phone calls, so if one of your monitoring days falls on a weekend you have to travel to another office. For us, it was Rockville, MD which was an additional 30 minute drive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our treatment was not covered at all under insurance. We chose the shared risk program ($22,500) through Shady Grove which included 6 stimulated cycles and unlimited transfers until 1 live birth. We also added the PGS testing for 5,000 for a total of $27,500. We became pregnant on the first try, after 1 retrieval and 1 transfer, so we overpaid! BUT, we probably wouldn’t have changed our decision. Hindsight is 20/20, but I think we would have gone with the shared risk plan ultimately for peace of mind and not knowing if we would have failed transfers or not. To help compare the other plans available...1 cycle at SGF is $10,500. With PGS it’s 14,000. The “multi cycle” plan allows for 2 stimulated cycles with unlimited frozen embryo transfers for $18,500 or $23,500 with PGS.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Fertility in general has a strong stance on only transferring 1 embryo in most circumstances. Personally, we were totally on board with this.
Frederick

He [Dr. Jason Bromer] is very straightforward and clear, which I like. If you want a very gentle bedside manner, that's not really him, but he's not rough either. Somewhere in between. Very realistic, but he clearly cares too...Ask lots of questions - he is happy to answer. Expect realism but not coddling...I am in a same-sex marriage, and I'm a good candidate for IUI so the one cycle we've done so far has been natural with trigger shot. He gave me the option to go without trigger, but I wanted it. We may change protocol next time, but we'll see.
Counseling with a social worker [at Shady Grove Fertility] for using 3rd party genetic material was out of network and was $300. Natural Cycle IUI is $1200 per cycle, but we were approved for the Shared Help Discount at 15% (income based), so natural cycle IUI for us is $1020...They are a well-oiled machine, so they have the process down pat. However, you need to be organized and know your insurance coverage and all your financials. Don't trust them to get it right. They have a patient portal, which is great, but it's severely underutilized, in my opinion. Mainly for messages with appointments. I had to ask for my lab results to be posted, and my treatment estimate never was. The portal is great, but they should really use it more.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is very straightforward and clear, which I like. If you want a very gentle bedside manner, that's not really him, but he's not rough either. Somewhere in between. Very realistic, but he clearly cares too.
Be prepared and do your research. Ask lots of questions - he is happy to answer. Expect realism but not coddling.
Shady Grove Fertility is a well-oiled machine, so sometimes you feel like a number while in the office, but Dr. Bromer and my LPN make me feel human.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jody)
Jody is great. Straightforward and compassionate without being coddling. Very capable.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We have some coverage, so each office visit was a $40 copay. Counseling with a social worker for using 3rd party genetic material was out of network and was $300. Natural Cycle IUI is $1200 per cycle, but we were approved for the Shared Help Discount at 15% (income based), so natural cycle IUI for us is $1020. Medicated is $1800/cycle ($1530 for us). Sperm is separate. We do not have insurance coverage for IUI. HSG was covered, as was all lab work.
Frederick

Dr Bromer is an incredibly honest, understanding, truthful, scientific clinician. I wanted less fluff and more fact for the IVF process and he gave us just that... Don’t expect warm and fuzzies. He is kind, but he is a good doctor who’s main interest seems to be in the science behind getting and keeping a woman pregnant, not hand holding or coddling through the process.... When monitoring discovered a cyst he called me personally to discuss the details, importance and impact of the suggested immediate aspiration.
As part of the Shady Grove Fertility system my direct interaction with my doctor or nurse was limited and I got pass around in the system... Mindy [a nurse] was phenomenal. She always called me back within 24 hours, she would let me blabber away on the phone about my fears, doubts or excitement of a recent step in the treatment process. She provides detailed protocols and follow up phone calls to make sure I’m doing well with the next step.As part of the Shady Grove Fertility system my direct interaction with my doctor or nurse was limited and I got pass around in the system...
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Bromer is an incredibly honest, understanding, truthful, scientific clinician. I wanted less fluff and more fact for the IVF process and he gave us just that. As part of the Shady Grove Fertility system my direct interaction with my doctor or nurse was limited and I got pass around in the system, but when planning out our IVF protocol he heard everything we wanted, gave us all our options, and even when we said we eventually wanted to transfer two embryos in pursuit of twins he said “I would strongly recommend against that but we’ll do what you want. IVF has higher success rates nowadays than historically, it’ll be healthier for you and your baby if you transfer just one.” When monitoring discovered a cyst he called me personally to discuss the details, importance and impact of the suggested immediate aspiration. Even the day after my retrieval with a different doctor, my pain was unfathomable and he jumped into my emergency appointment to ensure no internal bleeding, ovarian twisting or unintentional rupture had taken place, when usually it was only myself, the ultrasound tech and a random nurse in my appointments. Even during this opiod crisis he didn’t say “it’s really unusual you to be hurting like this, just go home and rest.” He made sure I was safe and comfortable during my recovery, gave me a small prescription of a higher dose pain killer which finally enabled me to sit and sleep, and I returned to a normal state of post retrieval pain 2 days later without completing the prescription. Just today when one of our two embryos returned with a mosaic abnormality he spent 25 minutes on the phone with my husband and I going through every angle and potential outcome of whether or not to transfer it.
Dr Bromer always spoke with me directly only on the important matters. He would even wait while I conferences my husband in on a call and spent as much time as we needed on the phone answering questions. Much more occurred between the important phone calls, and our experience is a little tainted about how the clinic staff treated me like a number.
Infertility is not biologically my problem, so the preexams confirmed all was right with my body. I presume the treatment plan was laid out as it would be for any standard patient. During Stims a cyst on my ovary was discovered, something new to me, and Dr Bromer called me to explain exactly how and why it would halt the IVF treatment and how important it was to have it removed right away. Apparently birth control, which I hadn’t taken in over 5 years, now (or maybe always?) made me develop an ovarian cyst. He advised the medications to stimulate my ovary and follicle growth would also make the cyst grow. My estrogen level was at 90 when it should’ve been 30-50. I can’t remember why the cyst would negatively impact the treatment but Dr Bromer did state if I didn’t get the cyst removed TOMORROW we could start Stims until the next month and hopefully the cyst would go down by then.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindy Cotrell)
Mindy was phenomenal. She always called me back within 24 hours, she would let me blabber away on the phone about my fears, doubts or excitement of a recent step in the treatment process. She provides detailed protocols and follow up phone calls to make sure I’m doing well with the next step.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
SGF treated me like a number. It was a cattle call every morning for monitoring. When we went in for my retrieval they asked my husband for his sperm sample, and shocked we advised they’ve had it in their lab for 2 years!
Cattle call line around the corner. Toward the end, one nurse/tech would holler into the waiting room “make sure you empty your bladder before your ultrasound!”
$24,000 for the IVF shared risk program, right now almost $5,000 for medications. The bill for the cyst aspiration hasn’t come in yet.
My husband and I wanted twins out of this expense, invasive process. Dr Bromer strongly advised against it as twins can be more taxing on mom and the other fetus during pregnancy, and having one newborn is harder than two. At the end of this first round we only have one quality embryo to transfer anyway, but he did detail with us the potential outcomes, both best and worst case scenario, if we transferred the abnormal embryo. I figured if it miscarries, no big deal. He advised; if it miscarries a subsequent DNC may damage the other healthy fetus. I didn’t even think of that, I more so thought it would just drop out of me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
My issue was at the Rockville clinic. They forgot/misplaced didn’t read the paperwork to recognize my husbands sperm was right there in their lab for two years prior to my retrieval. Very unsettling as next month both of my embryos will be thawed and only one transferred; I now fear they’ll transfer the wrong one, the abnormal one which we are donating to science and will mistakenly explore the one healthy embryo.

2017, Unknown Success
Very organized clinic, I had to go to [Shady Grove] Frederick office (smaller) and the main clinic at Rockville (bigger and busier), they have a good system in place. You dont see all the time the same providers (it depends of the office) but they treat you well in general...The clinic is very clean and comfy...she [nurse] did not comunicate very well with me and she was very impatient about my accent (foreign) and my questions...The other thing that I was not completely happy was the financial consultant, she answer emails sometimes and other times she didn’t.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer is a great Doctor I think, he listen as is very patient with multiple questions, he give you options but also tell you what is posible and not posible. He give you numbers if you ask which is good for people like me. The only think that I did not like is that you almost never see the Doctor. We have two appointments over the course of more than a year, one fresh cycle and one Frozen Embryo Transfer. He does not do any of the procederes, but he calls you the morning of the procedures to explain what is happening. So I am sure he was follow my progress and keep and eye on the results, but I still feel like it was a little bit too “virtual” relatinship. I think this is “standard” in this clinic, but they do a good job overall.
Keep in mind that you are not going to get a lot of visits with Dr. Bromer, so write all the questions that you have and ask in the first visit (is a long visit). If you have more questions after the visits just write an email to him or the nurse he will call you or answer by email.
Dr Bromer listen and answer questions in detail. For me that was the most important part of the care, expert knowledge to be able to make good decisions as patients.
We had male and female causes. Male due to poor morphology (they did 2 samples just to confirm), I had parcial blockage of one tube and hypothyroidism. So we decided to go directly to IVF, because morphology can affect fertilization specifically so we know it was a better change that trying inseminations, we also wanted to prevent high multiples pregnancy. I had good ovarian reserve and just turned 35 so we were just about time to start IVF with better prognosis as if we wait for me to be older. We did a fresh cycle and transfer one 6 day blastocyst, but it didn´t work with the fresh transfer. After that we did one FET with two 6- days blastocyst and currently I am pregnant, I did suffer from vanishing twin syndrome, so the 2 embryos attached, but then one died at 6 weeks. My fresh cycle was initially delay when they discover my hypotiroidism, so I had to start medication and control my TSH before actually starting the stimulation. We still have one embryo frozen and we hope to use it latter. Stimullation was hard, the retrieval was hard on my body (painful, bloating, lots of nausea), FET was so much easier even with the progesterone injections. I remember that I used gonal pen, menopur and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
I have two nurses. The great one was Allison. I dont remember the name of the first one, not a good experience, bad communicator and not patient with patients, my husband and I asked Dr. Bromer if it was possible to change nurses and I am happy that we got Allison. She is very organized and answer all of your questions. It was great that I could just email her and she comunicate very well.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very organized clinic, I had to go to Frederick office (smaller) and the main clinic at Rockville (bigger and busier), they have a good system in place. You dont see all the time the same providers (it depends of the office) but they treat you well in general, there is always somebody who is not a nice or is having a bad day, but considering that you have to go for so many visits, ultrasounds, blood draws and other procedures, that is not bad, almost everybody is nice. The clinic is very clean and comfy.
Insurance covered a lot of the IVF fresh cycle (most of medications, monitoring, egg retrieval), it also covered all the test to diagnose infertility. We had to pay all the copays for every visit off course (many visits), some money for the medication, this is like a another copay about 300 dollars, and then we had to pay a deposit for the retrieval, I think it was like 800 dollars, this is because is consider surgical procedure. Insurance did not cover cryopreservation (about 1800 first year). Insurance did not cover FET, I think it was another 1800 dollars per tranfer, they explain this is aetna rate, and it is supposed to be more money if is private.
He strongly recommends eSET, and explains risk and benefit. However the decision is yours. We did one eSET and then in the next cycle we transfer 2, we understood the risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I had a bad experience with my first nurse coordinator (dont remember the name at Frederick, I tried to move fast to the next nurse to start my treatment in good hands). I feel like I was unlucky with the first one, she did not comunicate very well with me and she was very impatient about my accent (foreign) and my questions. I like to ask questions about my treatment (everything) and that seems to be an inconvenience for her. Because of her I went to the clinic when I was not supposed to be there, my husband understood the same indications, so I am pretty sure if was not my mistake. I think we did not click, our personalities (my husband also), but after that my new nurse was great. Big difference. The other thing that I was not completely happy was the financial consultant, she answer emails sometimes and other times she didn’t. We have insurance and we wanted to use it, but the financial consultant tell us multiple times (we only neeed to heard that one time) like “other people pay 30,000 dollars for this…so why…dont you consider that”…so…we feel like it was bad from her point of view to try to use or insurance for our infertility treatment. We had great coverage (thanks god) and still had to pay a lot of money for the things that the insurance didn´t cover. Maybe she pushes too much about paying for the program instead of trying to educate about how to use all the resources in hand (insurance) before going all private.
Frederick
Dr. Bromer was really helpful and caring about our situation. He has been always trying to find a better protocol for us... He shows a lot of compassion when our treatment didn't work, he called and made sure I was ok He is always prompt to sit down or call us to keep us update about the procedures...My two previous protocols he used Menopur, Follistim, ganirelix and I used endometrim. The first one my progesterone was too high and unfortunately the embryo did not stick. The second one we had one good egg and my progesterone were a little elevated, but he moved forward. Unfortunately did not work again.
Shady Grove Fertility Clinic, in general, is really good, all the staff is friendly and helpful. The 24 hs emergency calls are always answered and a nurse is prompt to answer our questions anytime. They always make a way to fit you in an appointment even last minutes one. Weakness: they are a little disorganized with appointments and sometimes paperwork...Toni [nurse] is very helpful always answer the e-mails right the way and if needed also gives me a call.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Doctor Bromer is really knowledgeable and always find the best way to help us to get pregnant. He shows a lot of compassion when our treatment didn't work, he called and made sure I was ok He is always prompt to sit down or call us to keep us update about the procedures.
Just be open and ask any question. He will not judge and will help the best way he can.
Toni is very helpful always answer the e-mails right the way and if needed also gives me a call.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Nothing really went wrong, one time the front desk lady forgot to put my paperwork down and I waited over 30 minutes to be called. Luckily the nurses already knew me, they asked the front desk lady why I was waiting for so long and fixed it.
Frederick

I wish he [Dr. Jason Bromer] would have been more aggressive in our treatment and more proactive since we were paying out of pocket. After I had my first iui that was a terrible experience he stepped up and offered to do the procedure the next time...He is very personable and will meet with you to explain everything....The first two cycles of iui he recommended clomid and a hug trigger shot with progesterone after the procedure. When those two cycles did not work he changed me to letrozole which caused early ovulation and an unsuccessful cycle.
The staff is great at Shady Grove. The only complaint that I have had is the financial department. They do not return emails or phone calls. I have asked questions and they can not give any information....I currently love my nurse. She will email to check up on me. She is also very thorough and gives detailed directions...They had my appointment in the system but not for the right procedure. I also had a cycle cancelled for early ovulation that they did not catch with no refund or partial refund.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I wish he would have been more aggressive in our treatment and more proactive since we were paying out of pocket. After I had my first iui that was a terrible experience he stepped up and offered to do the procedure the next time.
He is very personable and will meet with you to explain everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindi )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
An iui cycle has a global fee of $1800. They have several options for discount programs
Hagerstown

Dr Bromer was very upfront with best course of action, how long we should attempt, and then next steps. He is compassionate and attentive. He understood fully why we were seeking treatment and has agreed to aggressively treat and test items at my request....He’s always answered all of my questions fully and has seen us for multiple consultations through the process...He is direct (at least with me) but I’ve also asked for that.
Clinic [Shady Grove] is very helpful and kind. Billing is mentioned - just be prepared at each appointment they use a portal which is good but test results aren’t loaded there. Overall great experience so far and would recommend...Communication lacks a bit. First cycle miscarriage had to skip a month for next treatment bc of miss communication...Dr Bromer was very upfront with best course of action, how long we should attempt, and then next steps.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is direct (at least with me) but I’ve also asked for that.
IUI with gonal f- testing every three days to verify growth, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories, estrace suppositories. Next cycle will be stronger doses of gonal f earlier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jodi )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Clinic is very helpful and kind. Billing is mentioned - just be prepared at each appointment they use a portal which is good but test results aren’t loaded there. Overall great experience so far and would recommend
Luckily insurance covers and I’m at max OOp for year.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Second iUI delayed due to miscommunication following miscarriage
Frederick

My husband and I really like him [Dr. Bromer]. He treats you like a person, not just a patient. He took the time to answer our question and went into detail about procedures. He also explained what our options are, for moving forward. ... He takes the time to answer any questions I or my husband might have. ... First we would meet for our day 3 appt. This appt. You do labs, and monitoring your follicles. If all is good, start the chlomid.
Strengths are that they [Shady Grove Fertility] are very compassionate to their patients. ... I would say that they are not very child friendly. Which seems odd because they are a place that promotes having children. ... My nurse was very kind and understanding. They like to move you around to different nurses a lot though.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
My husband and I really like him. He treats you like a person, not just a patient. He took the time to answer our question and went into detail about procedures. He also explained what our options are, for moving forward.
He is very kind.
He takes the time to answer any questions I or my husband might have.
First we would meet for our day 3 appt. This appt. You do labs, and monitoring your follicles. If all is good, start the chlomid. On day 11 or 12 come back for more labs and monitoring, if everything has reacted the way it's supposed to and all is ready to go, then that evening take the trigger shot and have intercourse. Two days later, come in for IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison catalani)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths are that they are very compassionate to their patients. Not sure about weaknesses. I would say that they are not very child friendly. Which seems odd because they are a place that promotes having children.
I am not sure complete totals. Insurance is still processing. So far out of pocket, it's been 2700. But I know insurance is still processing.
Frederick

The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] works fine, not great, as long as you don't deviate from their routine. My body works differently and Dr. Bromer prescribed a different routine for me. I ended up receiving a lot of resistance and blank stares from nurses for my insistance on checking my chart. I definitely felt like a number sometimes...Dr. Bromer did a good job of explaining the process to us. He was personable and candid about our choices which I liked...The doctor did a great job of explaining everything to us and we felt well prepared. I would definitely recommend him to a friend looking for a fertility doctor. I haven't seen him much but nurses handled monitoring appointments in an expedient manner with few exceptions.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't despair and keep trying!
Letrozol, 6 IUIs
She was great as long as you don't have to deviate from the established routine. Somewhat slow with responding to critical emails and phone calls. Several of my prescriptions required advanced approval from the insurance company, the approvals got expired and never extended. I happened to review my paperwork after the expiration date right before the next treatment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic works fine, not great, as long as you don't deviate from their routine. My body works differently and Dr. Bromer prescribed a different routine for me. I ended up receiving a lot of resistance and blank stares from nurses for my insistance on checking my chart. I definitely felt like a number sometimes.
$3000 deductible each year plus $50 a visit.
2015, Unsuccessful
he [Dr. Bromer] took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work....He was a good doctor but never took into account that I have crohns disease and they can impact implantation and I feel like things should have been different. I found out from a friend that crohns can cause complications and when I asked him he said it can. They had all my records...when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to.
I wish they [Shady Grove - Hagerstown] would have taken into account that I had crohns disease and the possibility that it could impact implantation. Also I feel that their prices are high and if it wasn't for my dad we would have never been able to do IVF....I loved alyssa she was great to deal with and always answered my questions and emails in a timely manner....[Cost Of Treatment] it ended up being like $12,000...
hes a good doctor
he took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work.
when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to. I ran out of meds and I had to drive to philly to pick up more meds. IVF is very hard on your body and emotions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I wish they would have taken into account that I had crohns disease and the possibility that it could impact implantation. Also I feel that their prices are high and if it wasn't for my dad we would have never been able to do IVF.
it ended up being like $12,000
we transferred 2 and I was happy with that.
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Jason Bromer] was very friendly and professional and interested in knowing what my goals were and discussing options with me on how to achieve my goals. It was nice to know that I would only have one dr rather than a series of drs manage my care...The staff [at Shady Grove] were warm and friendly and really encouraged communicating with them about any questions or concerns I might have...IUI was around 1800$, labs and medication were additional and my insurance covered some of that
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very friendly and professional and interested in knowing what my goals were and discussing options with me on how to achieve my goals. It was nice to know that I would only have one dr rather than a series of drs manage my care.
Men can be great fertility doctors
The staff were warm and friendly and really encouraged communicating with them about any questions or concerns I might have
We discussed what protocols I used at my last fertility clinic and what options he thought were open for me in my current situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Jessica and the other staff members were efficient and knowledable about all the different scenarios that could occur
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is very conviniently located and the monitoring hours are more work friendly than my previous clinic.

2013 - 2014, Successful
Bromer was great but I rarely saw him. We interacted more with nurses. My assigned nurse, patty, seemed to be indifferent to my treatment. I was not pleased with my interactions with her at all.
I had good interactions with the rest of the nursing staff. Patty was hard to get hold of, barely answered my questions and never seemed interested in me, my husband, or what we were going through.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I liked Dr. Bromer. He put up with my questions and answered them candidly.
He's not a warm and fuzzy guy but knows his stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The main issue was that my nurse was a terrible communicator. On several occasions I had to remind her to send me orders for scripts and procedures. We also had a donor flake out on a cycle. This was mostly the donors fault of course but my nurse was never great and letting us know what was going on.
Rockville

2014 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Bromer made us feel comfortable at every meeting, always makes sure we fully understood the details, encourages questions, and is candid with his answers when prompted. He shared his own personal experiences with infertility which made it feel like he could relate to us on a personal level....The Frederick office [of Shady Grove] is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.... The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces.
The Frederick office [of Shady Grove] is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.... The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces... Dr. Bromer made us feel comfortable at every meeting, always makes sure we fully understood the details, encourages questions, and is candid with his answers when prompted. He shared his own personal experiences with infertility which made it feel like he could relate to us on a personal level.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask for follow up questions
The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni Benjamin )
Toni communicates well and makes sure you feel you are taken care of. She goes out of her way to ensure you get the information you need.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Frederick office is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.
Most things were covered by insurance