5.6

301.631.1180
1165 Imperial Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21740
1.888.761.1967

Although we only saw Dr.Bromer a few times during treatment (our nurse was our main go to and was the absolute BEST!), Dr. Bromer took his time and answered our questions at the initial consult. He also checked in during a follicle check appointment to see how things were progressing and called us after PGS testing was complete, before and after egg retrieval, and before our embryo transfer. He was also there on the day of our first ultrasound to congratulate us, show us our baby, and her heartbeat! He was compassionate and we always felt like we were in good hands under his care.
Our nurse Toni made our experience [at Shady Grove Fertility] exceptional. We looked forward to hearing from her and actually miss her now that we are pregnant!...We chose the shared risk program ($22,500) through Shady Grove which included 6 stimulated cycles and unlimited transfers until 1 live birth. We also added the PGS testing for 5,000 for a total of $27,500...The clinic is well organized. From our first contact to set up a consultation, to financial counseling, to our final appointment before discharge, everything always ran smoothly and the staff had all bases covered. I really liked how patients get a patient portal online where you have direct access to your test results, monitoring and treatment schedule, and messaging for your doctor, nurse, front desk, or financial coordinator. If I had to name one weakness it would probably be that they are not open on weekends for monitoring or phone calls, so if one of your monitoring days falls on a weekend you have to travel to another office. For us, it was Rockville, MD which was an additional 30 minute drive.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We switched to SGF after a not so great experience with another clinic in Pittsburgh. We had heard so many wonderful things about Shady Grove and were so excited and full of hope to start treatment with them. Dr. Bromer is friendly, positive, and honest, but also to the point which we appreciated. He took his time with us at our initial in person consult. Prior to this, wewere even given a free of charge phone consult before scheduling our first office consultation since we lived 2 hours away from the clinic. Both times he was very knowledgeable, kind and answered our questions about treatment, PGS testing, ICSI, and medication protocols.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
If you are a self-pay patient as we were, don’t be afraid to ask questions about the financial options offered. You will meet with a financial advisor at SGF as well, and she is awesome. But we went with the “shared risk” plan and probably could have gone with the “multi cycle” plan to save some $. Hindsight is 20/20, but be sure to ask questions about chances of success based on your particular situation or diagnosis before making that big decision!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I was treated with a high responder antagonist protocol. I believe the reason for this was that I don’t have any diagnosed fertility issues (although I *may* have some underlying problems, read below) and Dr. Bromer was confident that he could retrieve eggs. I am in a same sex marriage, which was the primary reason my wife and I chose IVF to start a family. However, I also have a substantially sized endometrioma on my right ovary which was likely getting in the way of IUI success and most likely points to endometriosis elsewhere, although I’ve never had the lap surgery done. As far as the treatment plan goes, I was on birth control for 18 days prior to starting 150 IUs of Follistim/Gonal F daily (after my first follicle check this was increased to 175 daily) and 75 IU Menapur, daily. I started Ganirelix 1x per day once follicles were >14mm. Triggered with Lupron. The results were: 16 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized and 8 made it to 5 day blastocysts. Of those 8, 6 were PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni)
Our nurse Toni made our experience exceptional. We looked forward to hearing from her and actually miss her now that we are pregnant! She was extremely organized, prompt, friendly, and positive. She made sure to call at a time that my wife and I would be available. She never treated us like a number even though I’m sure she was extremely busy. She always took her time when speaking to us and made sure to answer all of our questions...and we had a lot of questions! Shady Grove Frederick was a wonderful experience and the main reason was because of Toni and the staff there. We always felt like we were in good hands when we were there.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Frederick is one of their smaller office in my opinion, so we always felt like we were getting individualized attention. We always saw the same friendly faces at each appointment which took a lot of the anxiety away. The clinic is well organized. From our first contact to set up a consultation, to financial counseling, to our final appointment before discharge, everything always ran smoothly and the staff had all bases covered. I really liked how patients get a patient portal online where you have direct access to your test results, monitoring and treatment schedule, and messaging for your doctor, nurse, front desk, or financial coordinator. If I had to name one weakness it would probably be that they are not open on weekends for monitoring or phone calls, so if one of your monitoring days falls on a weekend you have to travel to another office. For us, it was Rockville, MD which was an additional 30 minute drive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our treatment was not covered at all under insurance. We chose the shared risk program ($22,500) through Shady Grove which included 6 stimulated cycles and unlimited transfers until 1 live birth. We also added the PGS testing for 5,000 for a total of $27,500. We became pregnant on the first try, after 1 retrieval and 1 transfer, so we overpaid! BUT, we probably wouldn’t have changed our decision. Hindsight is 20/20, but I think we would have gone with the shared risk plan ultimately for peace of mind and not knowing if we would have failed transfers or not. To help compare the other plans available...1 cycle at SGF is $10,500. With PGS it’s 14,000. The “multi cycle” plan allows for 2 stimulated cycles with unlimited frozen embryo transfers for $18,500 or $23,500 with PGS.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Fertility in general has a strong stance on only transferring 1 embryo in most circumstances. Personally, we were totally on board with this.

2012 - 2019, Successful
We started with a questionnaire and an face to face consultation [with Dr. Jason Bromer]. He introduced himself and explained how the facility worked and what test he wanted to run on me and my husband so that we can get a better picture of what was going on. My husband did a semen analysis to check his sperm count and I was given an HSG test where they could see if my fallopian tube‘s were blocked or not . I had had one ectopic pregnancy and already lost one tube so he was pretty certain that my other tube was blocked with endometriosis but he did a test to be sure .
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] was fabulous it was very clean And a calm atmosphere there was a lot of privacy. They were very up-to-date with new technology . There was lots of room and information was easily accessible . They had one main location that was in Rockville Maryland where they did the transfer but they had a smaller clinic in Hagerstown Maryland where I was able to go and I’m still able to go that’s closer to my home . Me and my husband travel about three hours to make our appointments the appointments are very early in the morning so it’s nice to have the convenience of the Dr traveling back-and-forth between the different facilities
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I would recommend him to anyone. He has gone through the process with his own family so he was able to understand our fears an concerns. We felt very safe with his medical choices and thought he was/is an outstanding doctor
Be yourself don’t be afraid to ask questions
He was amazing! He really was kind and explained everything to us in detail. He was very patient with us
We started with a questionnaire and an face to face consultation. He introduced himself and explained how the facility worked and what test he wanted to run on me and my husband so that we can get a better picture of what was going on. My husband did a semen analysis to check his sperm count and I was given an HSG test where they could see if my fallopian tube‘s were blocked or not . I had had one ectopic pregnancy and already lost one tube so he was pretty certain that my other tube was blocked with endometriosis but he did a test to be sure . My husband sperm came back a very high count so he was fine my test came back that my rate tube was completely blocked with endometriosis . At that point we had another sitdown meeting face-to-face with him which I liked he was with us every step of the way . He suggested that we do IVF and he explained the reasons why . We have been trying to get pregnant for over three years we had had one miscarriage and one ectopic pregnancy. Ivf would be the safest and best route for our family . I was given Esterase tabs and progesterone injections daily. We had to do several ultrasounds I was given a medication to have my follicles ready so that we can do an egg retrieval. Again Dr bromer was the one doing the procedure of the egg retrieval I was very emotional and nervous but he was so kind and right there with me the whole time explaining to me what he was doing . The lab fertilize my eggs and we had to wait to see if they took . Dr Bromer Called me himself to tell me that we had six that we were going to keep frozen. Then we did a mock transfer. And then we did the actual embryo transfer. The procedure was not painful but it was very emotional and it was cool how he let us see the picture of the embryo and we got to take a copy of The procedure was not painful but it was very emotional and it was cool how he let us see the picture of the embryo and we got to take a copy of it it home. We had to wait two weeks to see if the pregnancy took it was a very long two weeks we found out on December 26 that are pregnancy did take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette )
Jeanette was fabulous she was my nurse . Jennifer was my lab technician she was amazing every single person remembered my name when I came in and they genuinely cared how we were doing and how we were feeling
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic was fabulous it was very clean And a calm atmosphere there was a lot of privacy. They were very up-to-date with new technology . There was lots of room and information was easily accessible . They had one main location that was in Rockville Maryland where they did the transfer but they had a smaller clinic in Hagerstown Maryland where I was able to go and I’m still able to go that’s closer to my home . Me and my husband travel about three hours to make our appointments the appointments are very early in the morning so it’s nice to have the convenience of the Dr traveling back-and-forth between the different facilities
The monitoring appointments were ran very smoothly they were always done very early in the morning no later than 8 AM so that they could get your lab results back that same day which I appreciate . They work very well with your schedule even the receptionist was very kind and understanding . The doctor was there for all of my monitoring it was very reassuring to see his face and for him to take a look at everything and let us know how the progress was going
The cost for my medications was around $1200 . My co-pay was $20 for every visit . I had to travel three hours for the procedure so I had a lot of money in gas and food . I don’t remember the total cost of my IVF it was thousands of dollars . And now we’re starting the process all over for baby number two
I actually wanted to do a multiple embryo transfer and after talking it over with the doctor we made the decision together that it would be safer to do one transfer

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Bromer seems to be highly intelligent in his field. He does not “sugar coat” anything and he doesn’t just tell you what you want to hear. He is honest and has research and scientific reason to back up his methods. I was highly skeptical to use any fertility medications. He respected my choice and now that we are about to start IVF and I was worried about all the meds, he definitely eased my mind and made me feel confident about our chances with IVF as well as the safety of the medicine.
Good wait time. I never felt like I had to wait a long time for any appt. Staff [Shady Grover] is so helpful and encouraging. I feel like it’s such a big organization but they really try to make you feel important. ... Their IUI cost is reasonable without insurance and the shared risk IVF program is great. ... One person explained to me that low morphology meant that we would never conceive a normal child in our own.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask a lot of questions. He is honest and will give you a medically researched answer. Do not expect a warm and fuzzy guy. However, you should expect someone who cares about the best way to give you and your spouse the baby you want.
Staff is warm and welcoming. Dr. Bromer validated my concerns and gave me intellectual, researched evidence to back up any answers to questions that I had.
IUI with clomid was suggested but I refused meds and he very honestly told me that was fine but after so many IUIs it was time to possibly change protocol. Now after four failed cycles, he has respectfully advised us and with confidence- IVF is the best next step. We are getting ready to begin that soon.
Very kind and encouraging. Very organized and helpful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Good wait time. I never felt like I had to wait a long time for any appt. Staff is so helpful and encouraging. I feel like it’s such a big organization but they really try to make you feel important.
Regular co pays for office visits. Their IUI cost is reasonable without insurance and the shared risk IVF program is great. You basically pay the amount that 2 cycles costs and then you can do up to 6 cycles and back out anytime if need be to get money back if you don’t get a baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
One person explained to me that low morphology meant that we would never conceive a normal child in our own. I realized that this was an uneducated answer and I simply moved on.
Frederick

Dr. Bromer is kind, gentle and positive. He doesn't provide false hope but is genuine and truly works hard to help get the best outcome for each family. ... We have been thankful for his straight forward and thorough professional oppinions. He tends to encourage couple's to slow down for optimal outcome rather than rushing to treatments that haven't been fully thought through.
There's was 1-2 times when SA results were concluded and we waited over a week to hear from a nurse. ... They provide verbal and written instructions with the option to call at any time. They also provide video resources for additional support. The only challenge for us was have to drive out of town so frequently due to limited services provided at the Hagerstown SG [Shady Grove] office ... Jamie Dean- very thorough and quick to respond to patient portal emails and phone calls.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer quickly and easily established a rapport with my husband and I! He has a happy and genuine personality that keeps the mood positive during a very emotional time. We have been thankful for his straight forward and thorough professional oppinions. He tends to encourage couple's to slow down for optimal outcome rather than rushing to treatments that haven't been fully thought through. We love Dr. Bromer!
Take his word and trust him because he truly wants to see you and your spouse become parents it just may take time to come up with the best plan for you and your family!
We were referred to Dr. Shin (urologist) to further asses male factor complications. We worked thoroughly with Dr. Shin for almost 8 months . Dr. Bromer continued to keep up on our file and check in. We are about to begin IVF after egg retrieval and a male microdissection due to azoospermia, with donor sperm as a backup to insure IVF is completed. Dr. Bromer and Dr. Shin have worked phenomenally together and with us!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer initially; Jamie Dean for IVF)
Jamie Dean- very thorough and quick to respond to patient portal emails and phone calls. She was available to answer my many questions and super helpful in a crunched timeline.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The process of fertility treatments can be super overwhelming. There's so much information provided but SG wants you to leave understanding it all. They provide verbal and written instructions with the option to call at any time. They also provide video resources for additional support. The only challenge for us was have to drive out of town so frequently due to limited services provided at the Hagerstown SG office which made things complicated with work and time off. I'd love to see more opportunities available in the Hagerstown office.
$1900 for shared risk program, $8,500 microdissection, $1200 varicocele repair, $120 clomid, $3,000 genetic testing for me and my spouse, $1000 for donor sperm, this doesn't include thousands for copays for consultations, follow-ups and blood work.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
There's was 1-2 times when SA results were concluded and we waited over a week to hear from a nurse. Once I was able to reach them they were very apologetic and passionate.
Hagerstown

It was clear that Dr. Bromer was always cognizant of our specific situation; he wasn't giving blanket/general recommendations when he spoke to us...I was personally looking for a doctor to be realistic versus optimistic but also to offer his point of view on the best option for us (own eggs vs. donor). I vetted four clinics and he was the first to deliver on my expectations. He called us several times while he was on vacation to personally review some unexpected setbacks and his recommendations for moving forward.
We participated in the shared risk donor program [at Shady Grove Fertility] in which we were one of three recipients (so we shared the cost). The total was about $26K...operates like a well-oiled machine. Their process for out-of-state patients is pretty seamless, and they really work to streamline the number of visits for those who live far away. They did get a few of our appointment times mixed up during our visit, which meant we were left sitting in the lobby for an extended period of time and my husband had to do his SA while we were supposed to be meeting with a social worker, but that was the only hiccup. While not a hugely important factor, their Rockville office is gorgeous. We also visited Fredrick and Towson, both of which
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I was personally looking for a doctor to be realistic versus optimistic but also to offer his point of view on the best option for us (own eggs vs. donor). I vetted four clinics and he was the first to deliver on my expectations. He called us several times while he was on vacation to personally review some unexpected setbacks and his recommendations for moving forward. He was willing to consider my thoughts on how to proceed; he offered an expert opinion but was not overly prescriptive. He is kind, compassionate and invested in your success. Aside from a new patient consult, in-person consult and various phone conversations, we had much more interaction with our nurse than our doctor.
Be up front on what you're hoping he can help with.
Since I am a donor egg recipient, my protocol was related to an embryo transfer only and was pretty standard (Lupron, progesterone, estrogen). I responded well to what he prescribed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vivian )
Vivian was always pleasant and to-the-point. There were a few small admin-type mix-ups, but nothing that affected my protocol. She was quick to respond to questions and always kept me up to date on my donor's status.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Fertility operates like a well-oiled machine. Their process for out-of-state patients is pretty seamless, and they really work to streamline the number of visits for those who live far away. They did get a few of our appointment times mixed up during our visit, which meant we were left sitting in the lobby for an extended period of time and my husband had to do his SA while we were supposed to be meeting with a social worker, but that was the only hiccup. While not a hugely important factor, their Rockville office is gorgeous. We also visited Fredrick and Towson, both of which were nice but not on the same level. I do wish Towson had onsite wellness (acupuncture, etc.) like Rockville, but they were able to refer me out to a local clinic. The donor coordinator team was on the ball - very communicative and gave lots of personal attention when needed. One frequent criticism I hear is that their financial department is difficult to work with, but that was not our experience.
We participated in the shared risk donor program in which we were one of three recipients (so we shared the cost). The total was about $26K.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
My only complaint is that my nurse forgot to write stat on a bloodwork order which resulted my beta not being available the same day.
Frederick

Although I have yet to have success, I have been very happy with my experiences so far in Dr. Jason Bromer’s care. ... The very first statement Dr. Bromer made at our initial consultation was “Ok, I’ve reviewed all your previous records, but I want to hear it from you. What have you been through, how has this process been for you?” ...
Shady Grove Fertility has been phenomenal. Office visits are very efficient and I’ve been able to get out in a timely fashion and get back to work. All of the staff is so kind and wonderful. They have hours daily, even on the weekends. They also have an on call service for after regular hours which helps when you have questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Although I have yet to have success, I have been very happy with my experiences so far in Dr. Jason Bromer’s care. He listened to our wants and needs and I feel like he looked at us as people and not just numbers. I just got my results after our first IVF cycle yesterday and he was so compassionate on the phone. He was patient and answered every question I had. I felt like he truly felt the grief with us. I have all the faith in him that we will be successful
Trust in him and in the process.
The very first statement Dr. Bromer made at our initial consultation was “Ok, I’ve reviewed all your previous records, but I want to hear it from you. What have you been through, how has this process been for you?” That was the first time I had a doctor ask me that. And not immediately look at my age and just shrug me and my husband off and say “oh you’ve got plenty of time!”
I was started on Menopur 75 IU and Gonal F 150 IU as my stimulation drugs. I also took Cetrotide. Lupron was my trigger drug prior to egg retrieval. I was stimulating really quickly so my doses were lowered part way through the stimulation process. I ended up with 19 follicles, 9 eggs, and 5 embryos. Unfortunately only one of my embryos made it to Blastocyst stage. It was transferred on day 5. We were unsuccessful. We plan to initiate another cycle soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Dean)
Jamie has been fantastic through this process. She has returned messages in a timely manner, has been very compassionate, and has tried to help us as much as possible in this journey. She even made sure to call at times that worked with our work schedules so my husband and I could get results together.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I felt that our treatment was pretty cost effective compared to other facilities that I have heard about. For our first IVF cycle it was about $7,500
Frederick

We started seeing Dr Bromer after a failed cycle at a different clinic. He changed up the stimulation medication and along the way, changed and edited the dosage as needed. He is always monitoring and adjusting as he sees fit which is very appreciated. He also suggested PGS testing and an ERA assessment...He really looks into everything and is extremely thorough. He self reports that he has been through IVF so he understands the emotional component from personal experience...
Shady Grove Fertility is a big clinic. The Frederick office that we go to is smaller and super personable. Very friendly and warm staff all the way around. The main lab is located in Rockville and I think due to its size is a bit more formal and less personable...Shady Grove has a Shared Risk Program that some are eligible for. You pay a certain amount for 6 cycles. If you do not take home a baby (either due to the 6 cycles not working or your inability to continue for whatever reason) you are able to get a 100% refund. This does not include medication.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Bromer gives you faith. He really looks into everything and is extremely thorough. He self reports that he has been through IVF so he understands the emotional component from personal experience. He gives us confidence that things will eventually work out.
As long as you do your own research and have questions to ask, he will always find and give an answer.
You can tell that Dr Bromer cares. He follows up, makes sure you are doing ok, checks in on you, explains everything so well and does his research specific to you and your situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni Benjamin )
Our nurse(s) honestly feel like family. They smile with you, cry with you, cheer you on and are constantly checking in and updating you - sometimes “just because.” They respond same day (if not same hour) and are just the very best!
Frederick

He [Dr. Jason Bromer] is very straightforward and clear, which I like. If you want a very gentle bedside manner, that's not really him, but he's not rough either. Somewhere in between. Very realistic, but he clearly cares too...Ask lots of questions - he is happy to answer. Expect realism but not coddling...I am in a same-sex marriage, and I'm a good candidate for IUI so the one cycle we've done so far has been natural with trigger shot. He gave me the option to go without trigger, but I wanted it. We may change protocol next time, but we'll see.
Counseling with a social worker [at Shady Grove Fertility] for using 3rd party genetic material was out of network and was $300. Natural Cycle IUI is $1200 per cycle, but we were approved for the Shared Help Discount at 15% (income based), so natural cycle IUI for us is $1020...They are a well-oiled machine, so they have the process down pat. However, you need to be organized and know your insurance coverage and all your financials. Don't trust them to get it right. They have a patient portal, which is great, but it's severely underutilized, in my opinion. Mainly for messages with appointments. I had to ask for my lab results to be posted, and my treatment estimate never was. The portal is great, but they should really use it more.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is very straightforward and clear, which I like. If you want a very gentle bedside manner, that's not really him, but he's not rough either. Somewhere in between. Very realistic, but he clearly cares too.
Be prepared and do your research. Ask lots of questions - he is happy to answer. Expect realism but not coddling.
Shady Grove Fertility is a well-oiled machine, so sometimes you feel like a number while in the office, but Dr. Bromer and my LPN make me feel human.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jody)
Jody is great. Straightforward and compassionate without being coddling. Very capable.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We have some coverage, so each office visit was a $40 copay. Counseling with a social worker for using 3rd party genetic material was out of network and was $300. Natural Cycle IUI is $1200 per cycle, but we were approved for the Shared Help Discount at 15% (income based), so natural cycle IUI for us is $1020. Medicated is $1800/cycle ($1530 for us). Sperm is separate. We do not have insurance coverage for IUI. HSG was covered, as was all lab work.

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Bromer is a consummate professional. He is knowledgeable kind and truly gives of himself to his patients. In treating you he leaves no stone unturned and no question unasked. He is patient focused and tries to offer solutions that are both medically and financially feasible.... He never tired in answering my questions and even provided me with his cellular phone and email so that I could be in touch with him as question arose.
[Shady Grove ] Ease of scheduling is awesome. 24 hour service is an immeasurable benefit to patients who work odd hours. Kind, knowledgeable and caring staff who go above and beyond make the difficult experience of infertility easier to bear...Allison is more like an old girlfriend that nurse. She was/ is amazing. She was my nurse for both the IUI and the IVF and I could not have hand picked a better nurse/ care coordinator.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer is a consummate professional. He is knowledgeable kind and truly gives of himself to his patients. In treating you he leaves no stone unturned and no question unasked. He is patient focused and tries to offer solutions that are both medically and financially feasible. Because he is so thorough , and knowledgeable about the medical and insurance side of things you immediately want to trust. As a patient it was easy to comply with his prescribed course of treatment because you feel like you are a partner in your care and not just patient.
Don't ever tire of treating people with the care and kindness that you do. Infertility is a scary and lonely experience and while we want your guidance and the hard truths we appreciate your taking the time to provide guidance in a way that considers the patient perspective and input and while the truth is sometimes hard to take it easier to bear when the practitioners approach is informed kind and straight forward. In short keep doing what you do!
Dr. Bromer is Awesome! He made me feel so at ease with the process of IVF. He explained the very technical aspects of IVF in the most easy to understand terms. He never tired in answering my questions and even provided me with his cellular phone and email so that I could be in touch with him as question arose. We returned to Dr. Bromer in pursuit of our second child, at which time our insurance only provided for IUI. Dr. Bromer did all of the necessary testing and told us what our best options for achieving pregnancy were. Regrettably we learned that we would not be able to conceive via IUI due to my husbands very low count following weight loss surgery. Devastated by the news, my husband and I opted to proceed with two course of IUI. Dr. Bromer was super supportive despite knowing that are chances were low. He allowed us to try to sudafed protocol etc. When that didn't work he researched and took the time to explain some insurance options that we perhaps had not considered. He truly went above and beyond to try and help us find a solution. He even assisted us in completing our application for a Baby Quest grant. I highly recommend him as a practitioner and should I be fortunate enough to have the funds to pursue an additional IVF he is the doctor that I would chose to see.
For our IVF i dont recall specifics- but we stimulated retrieved 4 eggs- 2 fertilized and one failed to thrive by the time of transfer. So we transferred the one. For our most recent IUI we stimulated and had 2 failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catalani )
Allison is more like an old girlfriend that nurse. She was/ is amazing. She was my nurse for both the IUI and the IVF and I could not have hand picked a better nurse/ care coordinator. She answered questions and facilitated my care through the entirety of my treatment at Shady Grove.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Insurance covered the great majority of our costs- We paid just over $6,000 out of pocket.
Hagerstown

He’s [Dr. Bromer] very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me...3 cycles of clomid, ovidrel, and preogesterone suppositories. I have PCOS and the clomid was used to stimulate follicle growth and the ovidrel was to ensure I ovulated within a certain timeframe. I’m on the third cycle now, but the first 2 ended up with negative results.
Shady Grove runs like a factory - you check in, get called to the back, and get sent out once everything is finished. as Often as I’ve been there over the past few months, I don’t think any of the nurses recognize me because they constantly have a flow of patients come in and out and conversations are kept to a minimum....Strengths- organized and efficient. Shady Grove runs like a well oiled machine and you are in and out of monitoring sessions quickly.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He’s very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me.
Make sure to ask all of the questions you have- he really does do a good job of explaining everything.
For as busy as the nurses are, Jody did an excellent job of responding to my concerns. Sometimes I’d get an email response and sometimes she would call, either way, I felt like I was able to get answers quickly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths- organized and efficient. Shady Grove runs like a well oiled machine and you are in and out of monitoring sessions quickly. Weaknesses- I felt like a number. There was no personalization or feeling that I was remembered from my last appointment.
Timed intercourse was 100% by our insurance. We are discussing moving on to IUI next and that cost is $1800.
Frederick

Dr Bromer is an incredibly honest, understanding, truthful, scientific clinician. I wanted less fluff and more fact for the IVF process and he gave us just that... Don’t expect warm and fuzzies. He is kind, but he is a good doctor who’s main interest seems to be in the science behind getting and keeping a woman pregnant, not hand holding or coddling through the process.... When monitoring discovered a cyst he called me personally to discuss the details, importance and impact of the suggested immediate aspiration.
As part of the Shady Grove Fertility system my direct interaction with my doctor or nurse was limited and I got pass around in the system... Mindy [a nurse] was phenomenal. She always called me back within 24 hours, she would let me blabber away on the phone about my fears, doubts or excitement of a recent step in the treatment process. She provides detailed protocols and follow up phone calls to make sure I’m doing well with the next step.As part of the Shady Grove Fertility system my direct interaction with my doctor or nurse was limited and I got pass around in the system...
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Bromer is an incredibly honest, understanding, truthful, scientific clinician. I wanted less fluff and more fact for the IVF process and he gave us just that. As part of the Shady Grove Fertility system my direct interaction with my doctor or nurse was limited and I got pass around in the system, but when planning out our IVF protocol he heard everything we wanted, gave us all our options, and even when we said we eventually wanted to transfer two embryos in pursuit of twins he said “I would strongly recommend against that but we’ll do what you want. IVF has higher success rates nowadays than historically, it’ll be healthier for you and your baby if you transfer just one.” When monitoring discovered a cyst he called me personally to discuss the details, importance and impact of the suggested immediate aspiration. Even the day after my retrieval with a different doctor, my pain was unfathomable and he jumped into my emergency appointment to ensure no internal bleeding, ovarian twisting or unintentional rupture had taken place, when usually it was only myself, the ultrasound tech and a random nurse in my appointments. Even during this opiod crisis he didn’t say “it’s really unusual you to be hurting like this, just go home and rest.” He made sure I was safe and comfortable during my recovery, gave me a small prescription of a higher dose pain killer which finally enabled me to sit and sleep, and I returned to a normal state of post retrieval pain 2 days later without completing the prescription. Just today when one of our two embryos returned with a mosaic abnormality he spent 25 minutes on the phone with my husband and I going through every angle and potential outcome of whether or not to transfer it.
Dr Bromer always spoke with me directly only on the important matters. He would even wait while I conferences my husband in on a call and spent as much time as we needed on the phone answering questions. Much more occurred between the important phone calls, and our experience is a little tainted about how the clinic staff treated me like a number.
Infertility is not biologically my problem, so the preexams confirmed all was right with my body. I presume the treatment plan was laid out as it would be for any standard patient. During Stims a cyst on my ovary was discovered, something new to me, and Dr Bromer called me to explain exactly how and why it would halt the IVF treatment and how important it was to have it removed right away. Apparently birth control, which I hadn’t taken in over 5 years, now (or maybe always?) made me develop an ovarian cyst. He advised the medications to stimulate my ovary and follicle growth would also make the cyst grow. My estrogen level was at 90 when it should’ve been 30-50. I can’t remember why the cyst would negatively impact the treatment but Dr Bromer did state if I didn’t get the cyst removed TOMORROW we could start Stims until the next month and hopefully the cyst would go down by then.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindy Cotrell)
Mindy was phenomenal. She always called me back within 24 hours, she would let me blabber away on the phone about my fears, doubts or excitement of a recent step in the treatment process. She provides detailed protocols and follow up phone calls to make sure I’m doing well with the next step.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
SGF treated me like a number. It was a cattle call every morning for monitoring. When we went in for my retrieval they asked my husband for his sperm sample, and shocked we advised they’ve had it in their lab for 2 years!
Cattle call line around the corner. Toward the end, one nurse/tech would holler into the waiting room “make sure you empty your bladder before your ultrasound!”
$24,000 for the IVF shared risk program, right now almost $5,000 for medications. The bill for the cyst aspiration hasn’t come in yet.
My husband and I wanted twins out of this expense, invasive process. Dr Bromer strongly advised against it as twins can be more taxing on mom and the other fetus during pregnancy, and having one newborn is harder than two. At the end of this first round we only have one quality embryo to transfer anyway, but he did detail with us the potential outcomes, both best and worst case scenario, if we transferred the abnormal embryo. I figured if it miscarries, no big deal. He advised; if it miscarries a subsequent DNC may damage the other healthy fetus. I didn’t even think of that, I more so thought it would just drop out of me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
My issue was at the Rockville clinic. They forgot/misplaced didn’t read the paperwork to recognize my husbands sperm was right there in their lab for two years prior to my retrieval. Very unsettling as next month both of my embryos will be thawed and only one transferred; I now fear they’ll transfer the wrong one, the abnormal one which we are donating to science and will mistakenly explore the one healthy embryo.
Frederick
You will see whatever Dr is there for the day [at Shady Grove-Frederick]...I love my primary nurse. She has been great since we first met her and always returns my email and phone calls. She never makes me feel stupid for any question I ask and is always upfront with me. She was super sincere when she called after our transfer failed and is always positive when we talk on the phone...All of my issues were with the financial department. I felt like it was pulling teeth to get a timely response. She told us all the things insurance covered and what we would have to pay upfront and then it randomly changed for whatever reason and it took me a week to get her to respond as to why. Where she then told me that was only a quote and insurance can change their minds at any time which I was not made aware of from the start.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was super nice from the first time we met. We had lots of questions and concerns and he took the time to answer everything and tell us in detail what our cycle would more than likely look like. He has been great to us thus far and the only bad thing I have to say is he haven’t done any of my procedures or transfers because I have to go to a bigger office for all of those. I’ve only ever actually seen him 3 times but he does go out of his way to call before all my procedures, egg retrieval and transfers which I really like. He also called after our failed transfer to tell me he was sorry it failed.
Just be aware that there is no guarantee that you will see him other than your consults/ any meetings you have with him. You will see whatever Dr is there for the day.
From our first consult Dr. Bromer really took his time to listen to us and our concerns. He went over all of our test results in detail and made sure we understood them. He personally called me the day of all of my procedures to wish me luck and tell me he will call me again in a few days to see how I’m doing. He also called me after our failed transfer to tell me he was sorry our transfer had failed and he couldn’t wait to start a new cycle with us.
We used ICSI instead of traditional IVF because my husband has a varicocele so it causes his count to be low and his morphology to be messed up. We retrieved 14 eggs and ended up with 6 blastocysts. He suggested we only transfer 1 for our first fresh transfer as we were so young and transfering more wouldn’t increase our success rate by much but it would increase our multiples chances by 50%. Our first cycle failed. He said frozen transfers have better success rates. And was fine with transfering 2 this time like we wanted. We’re currently in the TWW of our first FET second transfer.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I overall have had good experiences with Shady grove. The only department I’ve had issues with is the financial department. They slack big time. I would have to call her multiples times and email her multiple times to get an answer. She would act annoyed when I finally got ahold of her and it was always something. Thankfully we had to cancel when we were going to do our second transfer the first time because we were under the impression we didn’t have to pay anything they didn’t tell me we owed a $450 deposit until it was a week from when my transfer was supposed to be.
We had insurance coverage but for our first full round (retrieval and fresh transfer) plus our second frozen transfer it’s been roughly $3,000 including our co-pays, medication, embryo freezing and thawing costs.
He talked to us about the risks of transfering multiple embryos so we didn’t the first time. We talked about transferring two the second time and he was fine with that but he did make sure we really understood the risks of multiples.
Frederick

So far, Dr.Bromer has been great to work with. He has compassion for our situation and acts like he wants us to have a baby as much as we want to have one. Our questions are answered fully each appointment and we never feel rushed or that he has something more important to tend to...We were treated like our problems were important to him...I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroditis after completing all the routine tests. Was started on synthroid.
Excellent experience! My husband and I cannot day enough wonderful things about the clinic. They are personable, compassionate, helpful, and always understanding. We have no complaints. I often say “why can’t all doctor’s offices be as good as Shady Grove Fertility”...They [RN's] are all excellent!! They reply back to you quickly and always take care of things. They all do their job very well!...we are extremely grateful they offer a 25% military discount if paying cash price.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don’t wait another day to make an appointment with Dr. Bromer!
We were treated like our problems were important to him and he would do whatever he could to get us to a healthy pregnancy.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroditis after completing all the routine tests. Was started on synthroid. Then once my levels were corrected, we finished upfront testing. My ovulation was off. He recommended we start clomid/IUI. We are now infirst cycle of IUI. Taking clomid then ovidrel shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alison and Jody)
They are all excellent!! They reply back to you quickly and always take care of things. They all do their job very well!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance hasn’t covered much so we have paid cash price for most things. However, we are extremely grateful they offer a 25% military discount if paying cash price.
Hagerstown

Dr. B [Bromer] was kind and compassionate with a delicate subject. He fully explained everything and answered all my many questions... I only saw Dr. B. during the beginning for consultation and to discuss test results. He did do my iui. I am guessing if my protocol was different I would have seen him more but nurses and ultrasound techs did all the monitoring...he calmed all my fears and created a plan I was comfortable with.
[Shady Grove] Very clean, wasnt too busy didnt have to wait too long for appointments, wonderful at drawing blood! My only negative is the billing was always confusing and hard to just get an idea of what my balance was to pay it off...His [Dr. Bromer] team fully supported me throughout the process and I was happy to have my care in hands... My first nurse Mindi was absolutely the best....IuI was 1710 (with a small 90 dollar discount) meds were around 200 through a pharmacy found by my nurse.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. B. was kind and compassionate with a delicate subject. He fully explained everything and answered all my many questions. His team fully supported me throughout the process and I was happy to have my care in hands
I put off making the appointment, but he calmed all my fears and created a plan I was comfortable with. Just make the call.
While the care I got was great, I only saw Dr. B. during the beginning for consultation and to discuss test results. He did do my iui. I am guessing if my protocol was different I would have seen him more but nurses and ultrasound techs did all the monitoring
I had to do 3 rounds of letrozol before my follicles responded. We did monitoring until I had 1 large follicle. I did a trigger shot on Saturday and iui on monday. I had a 52 day cycle, slow and steady won the race. Currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindi C was amazing. Allison was ok but didnt communicate as often or quickly )
Allison was my nurse at the end, she seemed busy and I didnt meet her in person until I requested towards the end of my care. My first nurse Mindi was absolutely the best.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
IuI was 1710 (with a small 90 dollar discount) meds were around 200 through a pharmacy found by my nurse. Testing was about 3500 and 1700 for surgery to remove a polyp
Frederick
Dr. Bromer was really helpful and caring about our situation. He has been always trying to find a better protocol for us... He shows a lot of compassion when our treatment didn't work, he called and made sure I was ok He is always prompt to sit down or call us to keep us update about the procedures...My two previous protocols he used Menopur, Follistim, ganirelix and I used endometrim. The first one my progesterone was too high and unfortunately the embryo did not stick. The second one we had one good egg and my progesterone were a little elevated, but he moved forward. Unfortunately did not work again.
Shady Grove Fertility Clinic, in general, is really good, all the staff is friendly and helpful. The 24 hs emergency calls are always answered and a nurse is prompt to answer our questions anytime. They always make a way to fit you in an appointment even last minutes one. Weakness: they are a little disorganized with appointments and sometimes paperwork...Toni [nurse] is very helpful always answer the e-mails right the way and if needed also gives me a call.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Doctor Bromer is really knowledgeable and always find the best way to help us to get pregnant. He shows a lot of compassion when our treatment didn't work, he called and made sure I was ok He is always prompt to sit down or call us to keep us update about the procedures.
Just be open and ask any question. He will not judge and will help the best way he can.
Toni is very helpful always answer the e-mails right the way and if needed also gives me a call.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Nothing really went wrong, one time the front desk lady forgot to put my paperwork down and I waited over 30 minutes to be called. Luckily the nurses already knew me, they asked the front desk lady why I was waiting for so long and fixed it.
Frederick
He [Dr. Bromer] empathized with us and understood how important this is to us to expand our family. ... He took the time to listen to our concerns and questions and allowed plenty of time to answer them. He was also realistic but positive which kept us positive. Keeping us positive was so important considering the dark time that infertility brings. ... he decided to start me on Femara with monitoring and then with a trigger shot of Ovidrel when the follies were ready.
It’s a long process to get everything started as far as pre screening things, and then you have to make another appointment to come up with your plan and it just takes a while. It’s hard when you have been wanting something for so long and the process to get there takes awhile. ... The only thing that I wish that they [Shady Grove Fertility] would do different is explain things at your monitoring visit rather than calling with your results.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
write down all questions that you have and bring them with you so you don’t forget what you wanted to ask.
He empathized with us and understood how important this is to us to expand our family.
After 2 anovulatory cycles with Clomid with my previous provider, he decided to start me on Femara with monitoring and then with a trigger shot of Ovidrel when the follies were ready. Progesterone suppositories day 3 after trigger until negative pregnancy test or otherwise directed!
The only thing that I wish that they would do different is explain things at your monitoring visit rather than calling with your results.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It’s a long process to get everything started as far as pre screening things, and then you have to make another appointment to come up with your plan and it just takes a while. It’s hard when you have been wanting something for so long and the process to get there takes awhile. But good things come to those to wait.
Very expensive. One monitoring visit is $490. IUI is 1800. IVF is around 25k
Frederick

Dr Bromer was very upfront with best course of action, how long we should attempt, and then next steps. He is compassionate and attentive. He understood fully why we were seeking treatment and has agreed to aggressively treat and test items at my request....He’s always answered all of my questions fully and has seen us for multiple consultations through the process...He is direct (at least with me) but I’ve also asked for that.
Clinic [Shady Grove] is very helpful and kind. Billing is mentioned - just be prepared at each appointment they use a portal which is good but test results aren’t loaded there. Overall great experience so far and would recommend...Communication lacks a bit. First cycle miscarriage had to skip a month for next treatment bc of miss communication...Dr Bromer was very upfront with best course of action, how long we should attempt, and then next steps.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is direct (at least with me) but I’ve also asked for that.
IUI with gonal f- testing every three days to verify growth, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories, estrace suppositories. Next cycle will be stronger doses of gonal f earlier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jodi )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Clinic is very helpful and kind. Billing is mentioned - just be prepared at each appointment they use a portal which is good but test results aren’t loaded there. Overall great experience so far and would recommend
Luckily insurance covers and I’m at max OOp for year.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Second iUI delayed due to miscommunication following miscarriage

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Began [with Dr. Jason Bromer] using Bravelle, Menopur, Estrace and others. I think this is normal protocol. Then we switched to Menopur, blood thinners, steroids, leuprolide, etc...He is wonderful! He explained every procedure. Would call us the day before, day of and day after to make sure we were ok or had questions...He has a beautiful bedside manner. He’s compassionate and listens well. He explains everything so that you understand. He and his wife have gone through the process. He’s just down to earth. No question is off limits. He remembers past concerns, etc.
I lucked out with both primary nurses [at Shady Grove]. They are wonderful...Only once was I not called with results and it was an honest mistake...They are very organized. You don’t always have to monitor there. Or you can monitor and other Shady Grove offices. They are thorough and welcoming. Nothing bad to say. I love it there. They do require monitoring appointments and I recommend making in advance
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. His office is very organized.
Began using Bravelle, Menopur, Estrace and others. I think this is normal protocol. Then we switched to Menopur, blood thinners, steroids, leuprolide, etc
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette and then Mindi)
I lucked out with both primary nurses. They are wonderful
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We were eligible for the shared risk plan for $20,000 and for 6 IVF cycles and as many FET cycles we had embryos for. All meds were out of pocket and roughly $6,000 per IVF and $3,000 per FET
We always did multiple embryo transfers when available
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Only once was I not called with results and it was an honest mistake
Hagerstown

I wish he [Dr. Jason Bromer] would have been more aggressive in our treatment and more proactive since we were paying out of pocket. After I had my first iui that was a terrible experience he stepped up and offered to do the procedure the next time...He is very personable and will meet with you to explain everything....The first two cycles of iui he recommended clomid and a hug trigger shot with progesterone after the procedure. When those two cycles did not work he changed me to letrozole which caused early ovulation and an unsuccessful cycle.
The staff is great at Shady Grove. The only complaint that I have had is the financial department. They do not return emails or phone calls. I have asked questions and they can not give any information....I currently love my nurse. She will email to check up on me. She is also very thorough and gives detailed directions...They had my appointment in the system but not for the right procedure. I also had a cycle cancelled for early ovulation that they did not catch with no refund or partial refund.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I wish he would have been more aggressive in our treatment and more proactive since we were paying out of pocket. After I had my first iui that was a terrible experience he stepped up and offered to do the procedure the next time.
He is very personable and will meet with you to explain everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindi )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
An iui cycle has a global fee of $1800. They have several options for discount programs
Hagerstown

My husband and I really like him [Dr. Bromer]. He treats you like a person, not just a patient. He took the time to answer our question and went into detail about procedures. He also explained what our options are, for moving forward. ... He takes the time to answer any questions I or my husband might have. ... First we would meet for our day 3 appt. This appt. You do labs, and monitoring your follicles. If all is good, start the chlomid.
Strengths are that they [Shady Grove Fertility] are very compassionate to their patients. ... I would say that they are not very child friendly. Which seems odd because they are a place that promotes having children. ... My nurse was very kind and understanding. They like to move you around to different nurses a lot though.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
My husband and I really like him. He treats you like a person, not just a patient. He took the time to answer our question and went into detail about procedures. He also explained what our options are, for moving forward.
He is very kind.
He takes the time to answer any questions I or my husband might have.
First we would meet for our day 3 appt. This appt. You do labs, and monitoring your follicles. If all is good, start the chlomid. On day 11 or 12 come back for more labs and monitoring, if everything has reacted the way it's supposed to and all is ready to go, then that evening take the trigger shot and have intercourse. Two days later, come in for IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison catalani)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths are that they are very compassionate to their patients. Not sure about weaknesses. I would say that they are not very child friendly. Which seems odd because they are a place that promotes having children.
I am not sure complete totals. Insurance is still processing. So far out of pocket, it's been 2700. But I know insurance is still processing.
Frederick

Dr. Bromer was an outstanding caregiver...was very clear that our chances with our own eggs might be low, given our age, history, and diagnosis. Every step of the way, he was trying to save us time, money, and heartache. In all his communications, he was warm, compassionate, and candid...listened carefully to all our questions and concerns...We eventually conceived using our own eggs (at age 42) in an IVF cycle with Dr. Bromer.
I found it comforting to be at such a large clinic [Shady Grove Fertility]. There’s never a lapse in care with such a big practice. Also—not all SGFC doctors are created equal! If you’re not thrilled with the first provider you see, you can switch...All the nurses at the Frederick office were amazing, but Toni was just outstanding. Kind, funny, encouraging, and sensitive...
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer was very clear that our chances with our own eggs might be low, given our age, history, and diagnosis. Every step of the way, he was trying to save us time, money, and heartache. In all his communications, he was warm, compassionate, and candid. He incorporated our wishes into his own treatment recommendations, and listened carefully to all our questions and concerns. We eventually conceived using our own eggs (at age 42) in an IVF cycle with Dr. Bromer. We will be forever grateful to him for his guidance, treatment plan, and advice.
You can totally trust his guidance—he is up-to-date on all the most current research, and he truly cares about his patients.
Dr. Bromer was an outstanding caregiver. He was candid about our chances, but willing to listen to our wishes and guide our care accordingly.
I was 42.5 when my cycle occurred. Dr. Bromer used a standard IVF antagonist protocol with bcp priming for us. He also recommended ICSI due to the age of my eggs (we had avoided ICSI in a prior cycle because we had no MFI issues). Dr. Bromer also recommended a freeze all cycle, given my response in a previous cycle. He was also receptive and encouraging when it came to my own reading on supplements; with his approval, I took melatonin, myo inositol, ubiquinol, fish oil, and MTHFR prenatal vitamins. We did not use PGS. We had three 5AA embryos and one 5AB embryo to freeze. We transferred one embryo, which resulted in the birth of our first child at 43.
All the nurses at the Frederick office were amazing, but Toni was just outstanding. Kind, funny, encouraging, and sensitive—we just adored her.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I found it comforting to be at such a large clinic. There’s never a lapse in care with such a big practice. Also—not all SGFC doctors are created equal! If you’re not thrilled with the first provider you see, you can switch.
I was the one with the strongest preference for eSET, given what I had read about the risks of multiple transfers. Dr. Bromer was in agreement with our preference, and did not urge us to transfer more than one embryo, despite our age.
Frederick

[Dr. Jason Bromer] is a kind and caring physician. He went through our whole cycle and plan for treatment. He answered all questions and was knowledgeable in infertility. Our two IUI cycles were pretty normal, they just didn't work for us to get pregnant. He was a great doctor even if it didn't allow us to conceive.... He was thorough and informative. He was very nice and really cared about us as people and patients.
The clinic [Shady Grove-Frederick] is clean, new and well equipped for every need. They front desk workers are welcoming and nice. They have separate people to draw the blood so you don't have to wait long. The staff is organized and helpful. The rooms, waiting room and bathrooms are clean and we'll maintained.... All of the nursing staff are caring and kind people. They were knowledgeable with our treatment plan and also on fertility and infertility. They used email to communicate which was great and easy to do. Also had quick response time. Their actions and words really reflected how much they loved their jobs and wanted their patients to experience pregnancy.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Broker is a kind and caring physician. He went through our whole cycle and plan for treatment. He answered all questions and was knowledgeable in infertility. Our two IUI cycles were pretty normal, they just didn't work for us to get pregnant. He was a great doctor even if it didn't allow us to conceive.
Just be honest and ask questions. Sometimes it's easy to get lost in the terminology and can be overwhelming but if you don't understand something, ask.
With my PCOS, I had to be on metformin for a couple months before we started any of the IUI cycles. Once it was time to do them, I would have a period induced then was then prescribed and took a similar medicine to Clomid. I had many intravaginal exams to check my ovaries and egg counts. When the time was right, I have myself the injection to ovulate. 36 hours later, we would go to the office for our procedure. I took progesterone for 15 days afterwards until it was time for the pregnancy test. I didn't end up pregnant but I had a perfect cycle from start to finish.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is clean, new and well equipped for every need. They front desk workers are welcoming and nice. They have separate people to draw the blood so you don't have to wait long. The staff is organized and helpful. The rooms, waiting room and bathrooms are clean and we'll maintained.
Our insurance covered the pre procedure visits which would have been around $600 each time. Our IUI procedure was around $1800 but they offer financial discount and we got 30% off.
Frederick

Dr. Bromer treated everyone as if he was in their shoes because he and his wife experienced the same thing. He does not leave any information out and is quick and efficient with his work. He has an answer for everything!... Our IvF was successful but I miscarried at 16 weeks from incompetent cervix. Dr. bromer called me the day after to say how sorry he was and that when we were ready he would be waiting for us and would help us with whatever we needed. He is such a kind and caring man.
[Shady Grove Fertility is a ]Calm and happy environment. Nice music playing and never loud or obnoxious staff. The blood draw section is very nice and private yet open and friendly at the same time. The new building they moved to is easy to locate and welcoming.... Monitoring appointments were quick and easy! Either blood first then ultrasound or if blood is backed up then ultrasound first. The staff are very fast and do not keep you waiting.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do not be afraid to ask questions. There is no judgement. Dr bromer is there to help in any away he can.
Dr. Bromer understood our struggle and did what was right for us from the start. A successful IUI resulting in a loss at 8 weeks, then a second IUI cycle that was cancelled due to two many follicles growing and then doing IVF so if I over stimulated it would not mess anything up. Our IvF was successful but I miscarried at 16 weeks from incompetent cervix. Dr. bromer called me the day after to say how sorry he was and that when we were ready he would be waiting for us and would help us with whatever we needed. He is such a kind and caring man.
After all my baseline tests came back good, we started IUI as the first low technology way to help conceive and it was successful until I miscarried. I responded great to the clomid. Second IUI I didn't respond to any clomid even after inxreasing the dosing so we switched to injectables which over stimulated me. After that 70 day cycle we let it go and then started IVF after a period. IVF was much easier and smoother than expected. All dates and times to do certain things and changes were well communicated and accurate. I was not afraid at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Cantalini)
Very helpful and answered all of my crazy questions! If she was out any other nurse was happy to help as if they knew me. Everyone felt like family to me!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The IUI was not as expensive as originally expected which was nice. Meds are not bad until you get to the price of injectables. My insurance covered First IvF so that was nice.
Dr bromer did not want to risk multiples since I am young, so we transferred one which I agreed with.

2017, Unknown Success
Since we're still undergoing course of treatment, what I can say is that I have felt in control of our treatment plan. Whenever I have questions, they [Dr. Jason Bromer and staff] are answered in a timely manner and explained with attention to detail...My insurance covered most of the diagnostic testing but did not cover medications or IVF. We invested in the Shared Risk Program which included 6 rounds of egg retrievals and unlimited FET transfers. This cost for this program was $22k.
They [Shady Grove] are very organized and return calls/emails quickly; I have never had to wait a full day for a returned phone call or test/monitoring/procedure results. If I had anything negative to say, it would be that the wait time for monitoring appointments, especially in the Rockville office, sometimes take longer than the actual appointment itself. I would also say that I realize they see a lot of patients each day and they are always very thorough, caring and I have never felt like a "number". I also like the fact that monitoring appointments are from 7:00-8:30a.m. making it easy to get to an appointment before work and not miss as much time from work.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Since we're still undergoing course of treatment, what I can say is that I have felt in control of our treatment plan. Whenever I have questions, they are answered in a timely manner and explained with attention to detail.
Bring all your questions!
Receive phone calls to check up on how I'm doing. Test results are always relayed in the timeframe set. We felt like we were given options and worked with our doctor to come up with one that worked for us.
Gonal F redi-ject pen Menopur Cetrotide Luprolide Estradiol Endometrin
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
Super friendly and detail oriented. Timely and direct. Very positive attitude.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are very organized and return calls/emails quickly; I have never had to wait a full day for a returned phone call or test/monitoring/procedure results. If I had anything negative to say, it would be that the wait time for monitoring appointments, especially in the Rockville office, sometimes take longer than the actual appointment itself. I would also say that I realize they see a lot of patients each day and they are always very thorough, caring and I have never felt like a "number". I also like the fact that monitoring appointments are from 7:00-8:30a.m. making it easy to get to an appointment before work and not miss as much time from work.
Monitoring appointments were M-F between 7:00-8:30a.m. in the Frederick location. I did like the fact that the Rockville location had later monitoring appointments when I needed to be monitored on the weekends.
We agreed on a single embryo transfer. However, he doesn't recommend any more than transferring two embryos.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
I have found Dr Bromer to be very considerate and straightforward. I absolutely trust his decisions. Another thing I appreciate is that he is aware that we pay out of pocket for all services and medication and actually takes that into consideration. It's nice to deal with someone who is realistic about that aspect as well...I was monitored frequently and dosages were adjusted several times. One egg retrieval complete, 12 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blast. Fresh transfer at 5 days was unsuccessful, doing first frozen embryo transfer right now, using IM injections of del estrogen and progesterone and oral estrace to prepare/maintain lining.
My nurse [at Shady Grove] is available for questions via email which I find tremendously helpful. If she's not in the office she always has an auto responder saying exactly when she will return and who to contact should you have a more urgent question. She helps adjust protocols to work around travel commitments. She always returns my emails and calls...We received a 10% discount on all services through their shared help program. Shared risk IVF with ICSI $19800. Meds not included. IUIs $1440 HSG $621 Follow up appointments with Dr Bromer $140 (he was kind enough to do the last over the phone for free)
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Just be aware that he is willing to work with your obgyn, if it's applicable to your situation, to pursue lower tech treatments first.
I did 3 cycles of clomid with timed intercourse (no monitoring), then 3 IUIs with clomid and a trigger shot. 2 of those IUIs yielded just one, fast developing follicle. None were successful. Now pursuing IVF. Stimmed with gonal f, menopur, and cetritide. I was monitored frequently and dosages were adjusted several times. One egg retrieval complete, 12 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blast. Fresh transfer at 5 days was unsuccessful, doing first frozen embryo transfer right now, using IM injections of del estrogen and progesterone and oral estrace to prepare/maintain lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catalani)
My nurse is available for questions via email which I find tremendously helpful. If she's not in the office she always has an auto responder saying exactly when she will return and who to contact should you have a more urgent question. She helps adjust protocols to work around travel commitments. She always returns my emails and calls.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Shared Risk Program is one of the best things about IVF at Shady Grove. I don't know if we would have pursued further treatment otherwise. They are really good at informing you of results via phone but they do not have an online patient portal where I can look up past results, which is annoying. They are responsive to phone messages. I once left one at 11:30 on a Saturday night and got a call back at 8am Sunday morning. You can do monitoring appointments at any of their locations even if your Dr isn't based there. This is convenient because if you are doing some of the more advanced treatments you may have to go in daily or almost daily for ultrasound and bloodwork and some locations work better on some days. Not all locations are open on weekends or offer all services so you may have to travel a little further than you like sometimes. I rarely see my Dr in person, but he reviews my results and makes treatment decisions, which works fine. If you want to physically see your Dr everytime you go in, you probably won't.
These are our out of pocket costs. We received a 10% discount on all services through their shared help program. Shared risk IVF with ICSI $19800. Meds not included. IUIs $1440 HSG $621 Follow up appointments with Dr Bromer $140 (he was kind enough to do the last over the phone for free)
Dr Bromer recommended eSET, but ultimately left the choice to me. I followed his recommendation to transfer one embryo for my fresh transfer and Frozen transfer.