5.6

301.631.1180
1165 Imperial Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21740
1.888.761.1967

He [Dr. Jason Bromer] eased my husband's mind with his incredible scientific facts and figures. On top of his tremendous knowledge and experience, he's a real person, with a big heart. I know he's pulling for us and adjusts our treatments as needed for the best outcome. When a doctor calls you from vacation on his personal cell phone, you know you have a keeper!!!
I can't even say enough about the nursing staff at SGF Frederick. Allison is my lifeline and I could not do this without her. She is so organized and candid and answers even my most ridiculous TMI questions!!!...Michelle the phlebotomist is one of kind. I have THE WORST veins and she hits them every time - all the while chatting with me about our passions for organic foods and beauty products!! When we had our miscarriage, all of the women from the office: Allison, Michelle, Zoe, Jen and Dr. Bromer came in a cried with us. They are family to us and we are soooo happy to have them on our team!!!
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Doctor Bromer was able to ease my mind by telling me he believed we could have a biological baby. He eased my husband's mind with his incredible scientific facts and figures. On top of his tremendous knowledge and experience, he's a real person, with a big heart. I know he's pulling for us and adjusts our treatments as needed for the best outcome. When a doctor calls you from vacation on his personal cell phone, you know you have a keeper!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions. No matter how scary or intimate. He's a doctor and a human and will answers them all, honestly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
After a spontaneous pregnancy resulted in my 1st ectopic pregnancy, Dr. Bromer called me from his personal cell, from vacation, while I was in the hospital. I am currently I going round 3 of IVF with him and I am confident we will have a baby. He is so compassionate and empathetic - I can't imagine doing his journey without him!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catalani)
I can't even say enough about the nursing staff at SGF Frederick. Allison is my lifeline and I could not do this without her. She is so organized and candid and answers even my most ridiculous TMI questions!!! When we have a baby I can't wait to treat her to a glass (or a bottle - she deserves it!) of champagne!! Michelle the phlebotomist is one of kind. I have THE WORST veins and she hits them every time - all the while chatting with me about our passions for organic foods and beauty products!! When we had our miscarriage, all of the women from the office: Allison, Michelle, Zoe, Jen and Dr. Bromer came in a cried with us. They are family to us and we are soooo happy to have them on our team!!!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our IVF is covered by insurance, but not the PGS testing.

2017, Unknown Success
Very organized clinic, I had to go to [Shady Grove] Frederick office (smaller) and the main clinic at Rockville (bigger and busier), they have a good system in place. You dont see all the time the same providers (it depends of the office) but they treat you well in general...The clinic is very clean and comfy...she [nurse] did not comunicate very well with me and she was very impatient about my accent (foreign) and my questions...The other thing that I was not completely happy was the financial consultant, she answer emails sometimes and other times she didn’t.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer is a great Doctor I think, he listen as is very patient with multiple questions, he give you options but also tell you what is posible and not posible. He give you numbers if you ask which is good for people like me. The only think that I did not like is that you almost never see the Doctor. We have two appointments over the course of more than a year, one fresh cycle and one Frozen Embryo Transfer. He does not do any of the procederes, but he calls you the morning of the procedures to explain what is happening. So I am sure he was follow my progress and keep and eye on the results, but I still feel like it was a little bit too “virtual” relatinship. I think this is “standard” in this clinic, but they do a good job overall.
Keep in mind that you are not going to get a lot of visits with Dr. Bromer, so write all the questions that you have and ask in the first visit (is a long visit). If you have more questions after the visits just write an email to him or the nurse he will call you or answer by email.
Dr Bromer listen and answer questions in detail. For me that was the most important part of the care, expert knowledge to be able to make good decisions as patients.
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We had male and female causes. Male due to poor morphology (they did 2 samples just to confirm), I had parcial blockage of one tube and hypothyroidism. So we decided to go directly to IVF, because morphology can affect fertilization specifically so we know it was a better change that trying inseminations, we also wanted to prevent high multiples pregnancy. I had good ovarian reserve and just turned 35 so we were just about time to start IVF with better prognosis as if we wait for me to be older. We did a fresh cycle and transfer one 6 day blastocyst, but it didn´t work with the fresh transfer. After that we did one FET with two 6- days blastocyst and currently I am pregnant, I did suffer from vanishing twin syndrome, so the 2 embryos attached, but then one died at 6 weeks. My fresh cycle was initially delay when they discover my hypotiroidism, so I had to start medication and control my TSH before actually starting the stimulation. We still have one embryo frozen and we hope to use it latter. Stimullation was hard, the retrieval was hard on my body (painful, bloating, lots of nausea), FET was so much easier even with the progesterone injections. I remember that I used gonal pen, menopur and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
I have two nurses. The great one was Allison. I dont remember the name of the first one, not a good experience, bad communicator and not patient with patients, my husband and I asked Dr. Bromer if it was possible to change nurses and I am happy that we got Allison. She is very organized and answer all of your questions. It was great that I could just email her and she comunicate very well.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very organized clinic, I had to go to Frederick office (smaller) and the main clinic at Rockville (bigger and busier), they have a good system in place. You dont see all the time the same providers (it depends of the office) but they treat you well in general, there is always somebody who is not a nice or is having a bad day, but considering that you have to go for so many visits, ultrasounds, blood draws and other procedures, that is not bad, almost everybody is nice. The clinic is very clean and comfy.
Insurance covered a lot of the IVF fresh cycle (most of medications, monitoring, egg retrieval), it also covered all the test to diagnose infertility. We had to pay all the copays for every visit off course (many visits), some money for the medication, this is like a another copay about 300 dollars, and then we had to pay a deposit for the retrieval, I think it was like 800 dollars, this is because is consider surgical procedure. Insurance did not cover cryopreservation (about 1800 first year). Insurance did not cover FET, I think it was another 1800 dollars per tranfer, they explain this is aetna rate, and it is supposed to be more money if is private.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He strongly recommends eSET, and explains risk and benefit. However the decision is yours. We did one eSET and then in the next cycle we transfer 2, we understood the risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I had a bad experience with my first nurse coordinator (dont remember the name at Frederick, I tried to move fast to the next nurse to start my treatment in good hands). I feel like I was unlucky with the first one, she did not comunicate very well with me and she was very impatient about my accent (foreign) and my questions. I like to ask questions about my treatment (everything) and that seems to be an inconvenience for her. Because of her I went to the clinic when I was not supposed to be there, my husband understood the same indications, so I am pretty sure if was not my mistake. I think we did not click, our personalities (my husband also), but after that my new nurse was great. Big difference. The other thing that I was not completely happy was the financial consultant, she answer emails sometimes and other times she didn’t. We have insurance and we wanted to use it, but the financial consultant tell us multiple times (we only neeed to heard that one time) like “other people pay 30,000 dollars for this…so why…dont you consider that”…so…we feel like it was bad from her point of view to try to use or insurance for our infertility treatment. We had great coverage (thanks god) and still had to pay a lot of money for the things that the insurance didn´t cover. Maybe she pushes too much about paying for the program instead of trying to educate about how to use all the resources in hand (insurance) before going all private.
Frederick

He is tactful and some what caring, however, we only saw him 2 times during our cycle. Needless to say, our time with Dr. Bromer was very limited. He didn't perform any of the sonograms, retrievals or transfers. We were always told how many eggs were retrieved but, "egg quality" was never discussed with us.... I was on the Vivelle Patch 0.1mg on day 10 after LH surge. I started Cetrotide(for 3 days) on day 2 of the patch. I started Gonal F 450 IU and Menopur 150 IU about 4 days after my last dose of Cetrotide. I was on those until my follicles we're ready and I restarted Cetrotide once a day.
There seems to be poor continuity of care [at Shady Grove-Hagerstown]. You have someone different most times during monitoring and each person counts a different amount of follicles. Each person tells you something different. They seem to want to do the same thing for everyone...the same protocol. Care should be individualized.... Small office which is great, however, on the weekends you have to go to a different office and people who know nothing about your care, is there to attempt to take care of you. During office visits you see multiple healthcare workers.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
As questions and make sure you receive a clear answer. Don't expect to see him often and be prepared to deal with multiple (non-informed) healthcare workers during cycle.
There seems to be poor continuity of care. You have someone different most times during monitoring and each person counts a different amount of follicles. Each person tells you something different. They seem to want to do the same thing for everyone...the same protocol. Care should be individualized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette Zuvich & Mindi Cottrell)
The nurses were always nice and tried to answer questions to the best of their knowledge.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Small office which is great, however, on the weekends you have to go to a different office and people who know nothing about your care, is there to attempt to take care of you. During office visits you see multiple healthcare workers. It would be much better if there was some consistency.
Monitoring was horrible because of dealing with different staff and not having the same person. Monitoring is done first thing in the morning. You have to schedule it during the allotted time.
Multi- Cycle (2 Fresh) 21000
Dr. Bromer did not want to transfer more than 2 embryos even though we thought we should transfer 3.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Because there was no continuity of care and we were dealing with a different workers at each appointment, we were given conflicting information a lot of the time.
Hagerstown
Dr. Bromer called us several times during the process to let us know the status of our treatment/embryos... I felt like he truly cared about our success. He was very candid about our chances and treatment options, and we fully trusted he was giving us the best care. We were from out of state, but Dr. Bromer still communicated with us through the entire process...We used donor egg bc I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure.
I also liked that Shady Grove designates a nurse for your care, so I spoke with the same nurse our entire cycle which allowed me to always have open communication/ answers to my questions...For us, strengths were their donor pool/ program and the 1:3 shared risk program. We wouldn’t have risked treatment without it. I didn’t experience any weaknesses during my treatment cycle. We truly had a wonderful experience and thanks to Shady Grove we have our miracle baby.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We absolutely loved Dr. Bromer! I felt like he truly cared about our success. He was very candid about our chances and treatment options, and we fully trusted he was giving us the best care. We were from out of state, but Dr. Bromer still communicated with us through the entire process. I also liked that Shady Grove designates a nurse for your care, so I spoke with the same nurse our entire cycle which allowed me to always have open communication/ answers to my questions even if Dr. Bromer wasn’t available. We were successful with DE our first transfer, and I couldn’t be happier with my care.
Just trust the process. It can be overwhelming, but the end result is totally worth it. Come to the consultation with lots of questions, bc it will help you understand what to expect.
We used donor egg bc I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure. For my cycle, I was on birth control to synch my cycles with the other recipients( in the 1:3 shared risk program) then was on Lupron for a week to prevent ovulating. Then on endometrium every 3 days, and progesterone in oil for the 5 days leading up to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Doris Thomas)
Our nurse was wonderful! We were in constant communication through the entire process. She even let me know when she wasn’t going to be at work so I knew not to contact someone else with questions that day. Truly wonderful, warm and compassionate
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
30,000 for shared risk DE program. We got 6 tries or our money back if not successful
Given our age, and chances of success Dr. Bromer advised a singe embryo transfer. But we discussed on several occasions leading up to transfer if that was still what we wanted. It was ultimately our decision.
Rockville

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Bromer has done a wonderful job to listen and answer any and all questions or concerns we've had about ethical issues concerning our future babies.... He is very thorough and treats you with respect. No question is a dumb question and he is very compassionate. He has shown us over and over that he cares about our situation and desires to help us grow our family is the best and safest way possible.
My primary nurse [at Shady Grove] is not the most thorough with details but she is nice.... Expensive as we have no insurance coverage but the Shared Risk plan is helpful for IVF with a guarantee.... We wanted to start out slow with the least invasive options and work our way up to IVF, which we are now currently doing. He was patient and helpful to work through each phase and help us get the most for our money and time. We did 3 timed intercourse cycles with clomid and injectibles, 3 IUI's with injectibles, and now we're getting ready to start our 3rd IVF cycle with our last frozen embryo.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Trust his decisions and ask any and all questions you may have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catallani)
My primary nurse is not the most thorough with details but she is nice.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are very personable and helpful for the most part. The billing is a little crazy.
Frederick

The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] works fine, not great, as long as you don't deviate from their routine. My body works differently and Dr. Bromer prescribed a different routine for me. I ended up receiving a lot of resistance and blank stares from nurses for my insistance on checking my chart. I definitely felt like a number sometimes...Dr. Bromer did a good job of explaining the process to us. He was personable and candid about our choices which I liked...The doctor did a great job of explaining everything to us and we felt well prepared. I would definitely recommend him to a friend looking for a fertility doctor. I haven't seen him much but nurses handled monitoring appointments in an expedient manner with few exceptions.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't despair and keep trying!
Letrozol, 6 IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni)
She was great as long as you don't have to deviate from the established routine. Somewhat slow with responding to critical emails and phone calls. Several of my prescriptions required advanced approval from the insurance company, the approvals got expired and never extended. I happened to review my paperwork after the expiration date right before the next treatment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic works fine, not great, as long as you don't deviate from their routine. My body works differently and Dr. Bromer prescribed a different routine for me. I ended up receiving a lot of resistance and blank stares from nurses for my insistance on checking my chart. I definitely felt like a number sometimes.
$3000 deductible each year plus $50 a visit.
Frederick

He [Dr. Bromer] made me feel like I was just money to be made at shady grove. He missed diagnosing me with endometriosis even though I had the symptoms and complained about a very specific pain. I had a second opinion and right away she found an endometrial cyst and said it appeared (based on my pain) that I had endometriosis.... He said since nothing was found wrong that IUI and IVF would be our only chance at getting pregnant.
Never saw the same nurses. Very impersonal. I always felt that I was bothering them [Shady Grove Fertility- Frederick]. My main contact nurse never seemed to care or show any compassion. The financial advisor was no help and was very hard to reach.... The nursing staff was very short and never seemed to care. The ladies that did the blood draws seemed the kindest.... Very expensive testing and procedures. IUIs were $1800 plus medication.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He made me feel like I was just money to be made at shady grove. He missed diagnosing me with endometriosis even though I had the symptoms and complained about a very specific pain. I had a second opinion and right away she found an endometrial cyst and said it appeared (based on my pain) that I had endometriosis. She suggested a laparoscopy which confirmed her diagnosis.
Find another doctor
Lack of personal relationship and did not listen to my issues and complaints. He suggest IVF at our very first consult.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Never saw the same nurses. Very impersonal. I always felt that I was bothering them. My main contact nurse never seemed to care or show any compassion. The financial advisor was no help and was very hard to reach.
Very expensive testing and procedures. IUIs were $1800 plus medication.
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Jason Bromer] was very friendly and professional and interested in knowing what my goals were and discussing options with me on how to achieve my goals. It was nice to know that I would only have one dr rather than a series of drs manage my care...The staff [at Shady Grove] were warm and friendly and really encouraged communicating with them about any questions or concerns I might have...IUI was around 1800$, labs and medication were additional and my insurance covered some of that
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very friendly and professional and interested in knowing what my goals were and discussing options with me on how to achieve my goals. It was nice to know that I would only have one dr rather than a series of drs manage my care.
Men can be great fertility doctors
The staff were warm and friendly and really encouraged communicating with them about any questions or concerns I might have
We discussed what protocols I used at my last fertility clinic and what options he thought were open for me in my current situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Jessica and the other staff members were efficient and knowledable about all the different scenarios that could occur
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is very conviniently located and the monitoring hours are more work friendly than my previous clinic.

2014 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Bromer made us feel comfortable at every meeting, always makes sure we fully understood the details, encourages questions, and is candid with his answers when prompted. He shared his own personal experiences with infertility which made it feel like he could relate to us on a personal level....The Frederick office [of Shady Grove] is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.... The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces.
The Frederick office [of Shady Grove] is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.... The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces... Dr. Bromer made us feel comfortable at every meeting, always makes sure we fully understood the details, encourages questions, and is candid with his answers when prompted. He shared his own personal experiences with infertility which made it feel like he could relate to us on a personal level.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask for follow up questions
The staff recognized us by name and were familiar with our faces.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni Benjamin )
Toni communicates well and makes sure you feel you are taken care of. She goes out of her way to ensure you get the information you need.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Frederick office is amazing. The Rockville office is bigger and makes you feel less important.
Most things were covered by insurance
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
[Shady Grove Fertility - Frederick] Very informative and accommodating. Great communication and organization....[Dr. Justin Bromer] Very compassionate, straight forward and professional. Excellent communication and bedside manner...Always upfront and available to answer any questions or explain his answers to to make sure your making the best decision for yourself. Never felt rushed and went the extra mile to ensure we understood or to educate us...Get ready to be treated like you always wanted to be treated by a doctor.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Get ready to be treated like you always wanted to be treated by a doctor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very informative and accommodating. Great communication and organization.
Frederick

[Dr. Bromer has an...] Excellent bed side manner, treated me as an individual and not a statistic, always made himself available to talk and address questions/concerns, never rushed us, always laid out the pros and cons and set expectations, compassionate and wanted to see us succeed as much as we wanted to succeed. He was a gladiator for us, helping us to fight our way through infertility. I could not imagine having such success with anyone else.
If there is any weakness at all [at Shady Grove - Hagerstown], I'd say the wait time in Rockville for monitoring during the week. It gets pretty busy, and they tend to run behind there. A modest price to pay for success though!...[Nurse] Toni was excellent! She was always communicating with me, even at 5:00 on a Friday evening she'd call to discuss questions/concerns. Between the first and second cycle, my menses never started, so labs were ordered. She noticed that my follicles were stagnant, no lead follicle, and asked Dr. Bromer if I could begin cycling again right away. It was on this secon cycle that I produced 9 eggs. She was always rooting for us and instrumental in our success...
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer was amazing in every sense. Excellent bed side manner, treated me as an individual and not a statistic, always made himself available to talk and address questions/concerns, never rushed us, always laid out the pros and cons and set expectations, compassionate and wanted to see us succeed as much as we wanted to succeed. He was a gladiator for us, helping us to fight our way through infertility. I could not imagine having such success with anyone else.
I've read a few comments about him not seeing patients during monitoring or procedures, but just because he's not there in person, he's closely monitoring everything and is actively engaged in your cycling. He always makes himself available to answer questions and address concerns. Personally, I'd rather have a doctor who gets results, rather than hold my hand during the monitoring or procedures.
Dr. Bromer was so easy to talk to. We discussed both high and low stimulation protocols and made the decision to go with high stims. He layer out injection refining for me, but changed it periodically based on my monitoring results. At a previous clinic, the doctor was only willing to use 1 protocol and would not make any adjustments based on monitoring results,. I ended up having a cancelled retrieval at that clinic and a broken heart.
We did a high stimulation protocol. I started with estrogen priming and then Gonal F 450 and Menopur. The Menopur kept getting adjusted based on my labs. Towards the end of the cycle, I was giving myself 3-4 vial injections of menopur. I also used Ganirelix once the lead follicle hit a particular size. On this protocol, I produced 5 eggs on one cycle and 9 on the following cycle.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
If there is any weakness at all, I'd say the wait time in Rockville for monitoring during the week. It gets pretty busy, and they tend to run behind there. A modest price to pay for success though!
My insurance paid for it, but I believe 1 round of IVF was about $10,000
Hagerstown

Dr. Bromer is honest in how he feels about everything. He states facts from what studies have shown for whatever is going on with you. If you dont ever understand something hes saying, just ask again, he will explain again without making you feel uneasy for asking again. If you are home and think of somethinf you want to ask. Just call or email him. He will ALWAYS get back with you. He was a great a doctor and we are forever grateful he was our doctor...
Loved her [nurse] and all the staff [at Shady Grove]! Miss them everyday! She and they were serious about their work but also made me feel as family! Any questions i had, toni was always there to answer all my annoying or repeated questions! They are truely the best nurses and staff around! I dont think anybody could beat my experience with them! Again i just absolutely love them and couldnt be more thankful for them not giving up on me and being there for me through all the ups and downs! They are forever family to me and my soon to be twins!
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't lose faith if you doesnt work out the first few times... it will happen as long as you keep faith.
They treated me like family. The positive pregnancy beta was the best day and the hardest day because i knew that meant i wouldnt be seeing them anymore. I couldnt thank them enough for what they did for my husband and I and how they made me feel. Even during all the negatives, they were the ones that helped keep my strength to keep going. We will forever be grateful!
Pills- clomid... my eggs took awhile to respond Clomid plus some injections- same issue Injections- they would grow good but sometimes too many so as soon as dose was lowered to take away the risk of over stimulating, only one or two would continue. Injections for ivf- great results. Ended with 6 good embryos. Two that we transferred and 4 that we froze!
Loved her and all the staff! Miss them everyday! She and they were serious about their work but also made me feel as family! Any questions i had, toni was always there to answer all my annoying or repeated questions! They are truely the best nurses and staff around! I dont think anybody could beat my experience with them! Again i just absolutely love them and couldnt be more thankful for them not giving up on me and being there for me through all the ups and downs! They are forever family to me and my soon to be twins!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Great communication Caring Responsible On their game!
It all in the mornings. I never had a issue. They always got me in whenever it was needed
Only had $30 co pays plus copays for medications
Dr bromer peeferred one embryo and told us how the chances we high for us with just one. We chose to do two, and even tho he tried to sway us the other way, he let us proceed with what we thought was best

2015 - 2016, 15 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Bromer is truly passionate about what he does, and cares for his patients. He was always honest with me about risks, and potential outcomes, allowing me to make an informed consent...Don't hesitate to be open and honest with him. He is very non-judgemental and provides direct information with compassion...I don't remember the exact protocol, but over about 17 days I injected myself with agonists to produce follicles, and went in for ultrasounds and bloodwork to follow my estrogen level and number of follicles. I then started a medication to stop ovulation. Once there were a lot of follicles, I took medication to mature them and two days later had the egg retrieval.
It [Shady Grove] was a well-oiled machine, but there were limited hours on the weekend so you had to schedule around that. I spent more time waiting ok the weekends, but was usually in and out during the week...My primary nurse did a great job keeping me informed and also helped me prepare well for each step. She was usually available for questions but made sure I had access to a nurse after hours. The one time I needed to call that line the staff was quite helpful in walking me through the next steps in my protocol.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer is kind, knowledgeable and highly skilled. I am very pleased with my experience with him, and would use him again without hesitation, if needed. Because I lived far from his office, he was able to monitor me remotely from a different Shady Grove location. I was still able to reach him whenever I had a question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Because Shady Grove has multiple locations, it is easy to find locations close to you for daily monitoring. They are well organized and connected, so that your primary doctor and nurse get your results and contact you daily to update you. They have done many procedures and have great success rates.
It was a well-oiled machine, but there were limited hours on the weekend so you had to schedule around that. I spent more time waiting ok the weekends, but was usually in and out during the week.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bromer is a sweet and gentle man. He will be honest in a compassionate way. He is understanding about financial limitations. He is a good communicator. He doesn't mind you emailing him and he will be timely about getting back to your emails.... He did paperwork for me so I could apply for grants. He emailed me about foundations that were offering grants when I couldn't even get the financial counselor to do that for me.
I did not like nurse Catalani [at Shady Grove-Frederick]. She seemed disorganized. She put me down for timed intercourse once when I told her we were doing IUI. She called me and left me a voicemail message once with another woman's test results. She never seemed compassionate toward me... The financial coordinator only got back to me once in a while when I called or emailed, although she is a nice woman.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Bromer doesn't seem to see things as better than they are, like my first fertility doctor, so go to him if you want the truth.
Dr. Bromer has been such a nice, caring and honest Dr. He told me the sad truth but in a compassionate way. He always checks emails I send him in a timely manner and even if he is on vacation! He did paperwork for me so I could apply for grants. He emailed me about foundations that were offering grants when I couldn't even get the financial counselor to do that for me.
The only strategy Dr. Bromer used for my IUI's was to put me on Letrozole.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alison Catalani)
I did not like nurse Catalani. She seemed disorganized. She put me down for timed intercourse once when I told her we were doing IUI. She called me and left me a voicemail message once with another woman's test results. She never seemed compassionate toward me.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Some of the nurses are not compassionate and seem disorganized. The financial coordinator only got back to me once in a while when I called or emailed, although she is a nice woman. The financial coordinator was not realistic about my husband's infertility and my first fertility doctor, Dr. Esposito, was not realistic in the least about my husband's infertility.
They charged about $350 for IUI. That was with sperm cleansing. They charged like around $250 I think for a transvaginal ultrasound.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
One time, I wasn't told by my nurse that my husband needed to sign a paper before I got IUI and it was such a hassle to get him to sign the paper bf the IUI. I talked to Dr. Esposito in 2014 about the antibodies attacking my husband's sperm bc he had a successful reversal but I still couldn't get pregnant. She said, " The Doctor I trained with didn't believe in them." So it sounded like Dr. Esposito didn't believe in antibodies attacking the sperm either. Dr. Bromer told me that the antibodies have attacked my husband's sperm and made the sperm unable to bind with and penetrate my eggs. I emailed the financial coordinator in 2017 about foundations that offer grants and she never got back to me so I asked Dr. Bromer instead.
Frederick

Meet him [Dr. Bromer] 3 times to discuss options but never felt heard, he never made me feel comfortable and could not figure out why I was unable to become pregnant....I feel dismissed, never got an answer why I could not get pregnant, was not sympathetic with our jpurney. The last meeting he told us that his wife and him also had fertility issues. Would have been nice to have known upfront as that was the appointment he was relatable to.
[Shady Grove] Unorganized, rude, overpriced and charged you more than you were told and then would send you a refund after you advocated that your co-pay was not what was quoted. I called the financial department many times and I would not receive return calls for days....Lost paperwork, when I left Dr. Bromers office for a different clinic the paperwork was not sent. My results were not communicated to me in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be your advocate, make sure your concerns are heard.
Meet him 3 times to discuss options but never felt heard, he never made me feel comfortable and could not figure out why I was unable to become pregnant.
Our 1st IUI was not medicated, 2 others were with Clomid, estrace, did a trigger but cannot remember the name.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Toni was my nurse, she was unorganized, did not really know what protocol we were going to do. She was out of the office on maternity leave for a couple months and no one told us and when she returned she snapped at me and said I was rude to her. She told me that her pregnancy was not planned and said that none of her 4 pregnancies were and it would happen for us also. That was not something to tell a same sex couple who are struggling with unexplained fertility.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Non medicated was cheaper, approximately $3000.
Frederick
Dr. Bromer always follows up with us even if he was not present at the visit. He has relayed information to us even while he was on vacation. He has called us personally even outside of his work hours to make sure that we were not worried or misunderstanding any information. He is compassionate and trustworthy and my husband and I have been very blessed to have him as our physician!...I do wish that it would have been Dr. Bromer who preformed the Embryo Transfer himself rather than a different doctor, However I certainly understand that this may not have been a possibility for him on the day that my transfer occured.
{re: Shady Grove] The donor egg billing staff was very rude with the exception of Jasmine who was phenomenal. Linda at the front desk seems often less than thrilled that you are there. The donor egg and gestational coordinator Leslie Polanco was not pleasant to speak with at all. She was rude over the phone on a number of occasions. She seemed consistently motivated to slow down the process and was often shocked at how quickly we were able to complete the tasks given to us. My husband, donor and myself all recall feeling like she did not want this process to be a success for us which was extremely discouragibg and highly unnecessary.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We used donor egg and Embryo Transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patti)
My nurse was awesome. Definitely compassionate and invested. I did at time feel that she may have had too full of a case load and for that reason there were times when we could not get in touch with her to review important details and this made us feel unprepared at times.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
He was supportive and steadfastly informative.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
We were seemingly always down to the wire rushing around to make sure medication was ready to be picked up etc. We did have to start a medication late due to medication not being called in on time. We had a sonogram although very early (because we had been misinformed by the Rockville office e to schedule our ultrasound what ended up being 1.week too early. The techs at our 5.5 week ultrasound seemed in constant disagreement with one another. I had to go to multiple different rooms to get two separate ultrasounds because it seemed like they did not know what they were doing. We were told that we may be having an ectopic pregnancy which we were later informed by our Dr. That this was not a concern. We had a very poor experience that day which was unfortunate because this was to have been a very exciting moment to see our baby for the first time. Instead we ended up leaving in tears unnecessarily.
2014 - 2016, Successful
My first IUI cycle [with Shady Grove Fertility] was canceled due to overstimulation so he cut back on the dosage of Clomid. He added injectable medications for IUI cycles after the oral medications resulted in negative pregnancy tests...For my FET I was part of a study and used vaginal progesterone with a positive result and a live birth...Dr. Bromer was very compassionate and took the time to talk and answered any questions we had. He didn’t make us feel rushed to get in and out of the office. He was very supportive after we lost our twins from our fresh cycle at 22 weeks gestation.
Everyone from the front desk receptionist, the nurses, doctors and those in the lab [at Shady Grove] were always very friendly and greeted us with a smile. Monday’s were always very busy days so you could almost guarantee there was going to be a little bit of a wait in the waiting room...Jeannette [nurse] was wonderful and very compassionate. She always returned calls the same day and was very helpful.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I honestly can not think of any weaknesses for Dr. Bromer. He was always available when I had any questions and available through email when the office was closed. He was always quick to respond. Both my husband and I felt very comfortable being in his care. After our loss we went in to speak to him 6 months later and he truly cared and you could see him holding back tears.
Don’t be afraid to ask him anything. He is very intelligent and shows that he truly cares about his patients.
My first IUI cycle was canceled due to overstimulation so he cut back on the dosage of Clomid. He added injectable medications for IUI cycles after the oral medications resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We had to do so many IUI’s due to insurance before we could move on to IVF. It’s hard for me to remember the medications for the IVF cycle, but in the end I had 4 blastocysts. For my FET I was part of a study and used vaginal progesterone with a positive result and a live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette Zuvich)
Jeannette was wonderful and very compassionate. She always returned calls the same day and was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Everyone from the front desk receptionist, the nurses, doctors and those in the lab were always very friendly and greeted us with a smile. Monday’s were always very busy days so you could almost guarantee there was going to be a little bit of a wait in the waiting room.
Monday was a monitoring day and it got a little busy in the waiting area. We always tried to get an early appointment due to working night shift and going after work.
It’s hard to remember the exact costs but I know the FET was $4,600 and we were part of a research study so the medications were free. Our fresh IVF cycle was somewhere around $10,000. My insurance at the time covered a large part of the medications.
My doctor strongly encouraged eSET when we decided to transfer two embryos. He went over all the risks of a multiple pregnancy.
2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Bromer] was very nice and helpful. Does not treat you like a number. Calls you personally to check on you.He explained things in detail also was not pushy and let us decide between option rather then pushing us into something we didn't want to do...I like how he examined results after each appt and adjusted meds to what I needed ...Weaknesses sometimes when medication adjustments were needed and left in messages were hard to call back to ask questions
Strengths [at Shady Grove] are they give you a lot of information in packets in videos it's so helpful. Weaknesses sometimes when medication adjustments were needed and left in messages were hard to call back to ask questions...I saw Jeanette mainly but also saw Betsy and few others and all were so helpful. The radiology and others were very compassionate...[Monitoring Appts] they were first thing in morning and they were quick to get you in since mostly everyone is going before work.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
...He was very nice and helpful. Does not treat you like a number. Calls you personally to check on you.He explained things in detail also was not pushy and let us decide between option rather then pushing us into something we didn't want to do.
Ask questions he will be very helpful
I like how he examined results after each appt and adjusted meds to what I needed . In other fertility clinics friends of mine who have just been given set medication and doesn't change it
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths are they give you a lot of information in packets in videos it's so helpful. Weaknesses sometimes when medication adjustments were needed and left in messages were hard to call back to ask questions
They were first thing in morning and they were quick to get you in since mostly everyone is going before work. I had to drive an hour each way before work so I'd be there right at or before 7
It was expensive but was able to do shared risk program so if our ivf didn't work we could get a refund
Dr. bromer recommended one embryo but said at most two and asked us to decide after giving us all information
2015, Unsuccessful
he [Dr. Bromer] took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work....He was a good doctor but never took into account that I have crohns disease and they can impact implantation and I feel like things should have been different. I found out from a friend that crohns can cause complications and when I asked him he said it can. They had all my records...when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to.
I wish they [Shady Grove - Hagerstown] would have taken into account that I had crohns disease and the possibility that it could impact implantation. Also I feel that their prices are high and if it wasn't for my dad we would have never been able to do IVF....I loved alyssa she was great to deal with and always answered my questions and emails in a timely manner....[Cost Of Treatment] it ended up being like $12,000...
hes a good doctor
he took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work.
when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to. I ran out of meds and I had to drive to philly to pick up more meds. IVF is very hard on your body and emotions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I wish they would have taken into account that I had crohns disease and the possibility that it could impact implantation. Also I feel that their prices are high and if it wasn't for my dad we would have never been able to do IVF.
it ended up being like $12,000
we transferred 2 and I was happy with that.
2014, Successful
Dr. Bromer called me frequently to update me on the progress of our embryos, changes in our treatment plan, etc. These calls occurred on weekdays, weekends...whenever I needed to know something, he was sure be in contact with us. He also listened to and supported our reasons for electing to transfer more than one embryo...Dr. Bromer explained our options thoroughly, answered any and all questions we had, let me vent when I needed to, and was overall extremely supportive. He encouraged genetic counseling, as well as testing of our miscarried baby in order to determine what had led to the miscarriage
They [Shady Grove] worked with my insurance, scheduled appointments at times convenient for me, and were very pleasant to work with... Shared risk IVF cost $20,000, and covered up to six fresh cycles of IVF....Alyssa was amazing. She communicated with us frequently, and conveniently though email while I was at work. She was compassionate, professional, and knowledgeable....The location was convenient to the Harrisburg area, and seem to have great success rates.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Bromer explained our options thoroughly, answered any and all questions we had, let me vent when I needed to, and was overall extremely supportive. He encouraged genetic counseling, as well as testing of our miscarried baby in order to determine what had led to the miscarriage, both of which provided us with some really helpful information.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Ask questions, and seek to understand your treatment. Dr. Bromer is an advocate of both, and will help you to make informed decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I truly don't remember the details of our fertility drugs, though I know I took Lupron both times. Our first egg retrieval yielded 8 embryos, only 2 of which were suitable for transfer. Though we achieved pregnancy, I miscarried at 8 weeks. At Dr. Bromer's suggestion, we had testing on the miscarried baby and learned that he had Klinefelter's syndrome. Our 2nd egg transfer we used ICSI. This also yielded 8 embyos, and though all had fertilized, most had done so abnormally. Only 2 were suitable for transfer. Dr. Bromer said that over two cycles our fertilization rate was on the lower end, and that it was possible that there was some undiagnosed factor impacting our fertilization, which we would want to explore should the cycle fail. Fortunately both embryos implanted, and we were blessed with boy/girl twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Bold)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The location was convenient to the Harrisburg area, and seem to have great success rates. I know several couples who have successfully conceived with Shady Grove. They worked with my insurance, scheduled appointments at times convenient for me, and were very pleasant to work with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The consultation and diagnostics were covered by my insurance. Fertility drugs cost in the neighborhood of $2500 per cycle. Shared risk IVF cost $20,000, and covered up to six fresh cycles of IVF.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Our fertility clinic promotes eSET. However for a variety of reasons, we elected to transfer both of our embryos each time we did IVF. Dr. Bromer was extremely supportive of this decision. In fact, when the doctor performing my transfer questioned and even discouraged our decision to transfer both, it was Dr. Bromer's support that helped me stand firm in our decision and insist that both be transferred, as Dr. Bromer and I had discussed. Looking at both of our beautiful kids (born full-term after an uneventful pregnancy), I'm so glad we had Dr. Bromer on our side.
Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia
Mechanicsburg

2013 - 2014, Successful
Bromer was great but I rarely saw him. We interacted more with nurses. My assigned nurse, patty, seemed to be indifferent to my treatment. I was not pleased with my interactions with her at all.
I had good interactions with the rest of the nursing staff. Patty was hard to get hold of, barely answered my questions and never seemed interested in me, my husband, or what we were going through.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I liked Dr. Bromer. He put up with my questions and answered them candidly.
He's not a warm and fuzzy guy but knows his stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The main issue was that my nurse was a terrible communicator. On several occasions I had to remind her to send me orders for scripts and procedures. We also had a donor flake out on a cycle. This was mostly the donors fault of course but my nurse was never great and letting us know what was going on.
Rockville
2013, Successful
He [Dr. Bromer] knew my case and details and was very good at relaying information...We had a great experience. He adjusted cycles as needed and was great with communicating. He was personable and answered and questions we had. He was nice, sincere, empathetic, and genuine...able to diagnose and determine a treatment plan for us in a short amount of time
Everyone was incredibly nice and polite. I did not meet a single person [at Shady Grove Fertility-Frederick] I wasn’t happy with or felt or off by. My nurse was fantastic and answered my questions in a timely manner both through email and phone calls. The bloodwork nurses were fantastic as well...We did a shared risk program and paid $22,000 for our IVF. Medication was an extra expense. Our fresh cycle was approximately $7,000 in medication. The two frozen cycles were approximately $5000 in medication.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We had a great experience. He adjusted cycles as needed and was great with communicating. He was personable and answered and questions we had. He was nice, sincere, empathetic, and genuine. I was very happy with our experience with Dr. Bromer.
Ask questions.
He knew my case and details and was very good at relaying information.
I do not remember specifics. I triggered with Lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Everyone was incredibly nice and polite. I did not meet a single person. I wasn’t happy with or felt or off by. My nurse was fantastic and answered my questions in a timely manner both through email and phone calls. The bloodwork nurses were fantastic as well.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My clinic was great with communication and empathy. Everyone was polite and knowledgeable. They were able to diagnose and determine a treatment plan for us in a short amount of time. I think future patients should not judge the clinic by their first visit. You are literally a number when you go in for a consultation, but you become family.