Medical SchoolU. of Texas
832-237-1434
9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jason Griffith to a friend?

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
I only saw him [Dr. Griffith] at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored...He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress...He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience...he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K [at Houston Fertility Institute]...If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear...nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard...The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Griffith. I had gone through my first IVF cycle with another clinic which resulted in 0 normal embryos to transfer and that doctor didn't seem to show any compassion or care in my results. Knowing that we could only afford to pay for one additional cycle, I did extensive research with varying clinics and met with 5 new RE's. Dr. Griffith was the last RE I met with and he immediately put me at ease. I had a long list of questions regarding my failed cycle and had done my own research regarding what may help in a second. He patiently answered all my questions and backed up all my research with data of his own. Once the cycle started, I only saw him at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored. His nurses were there to help relay any questions I had quickly to him to answer. He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress. He did not perform my egg retrieval but I knew that going into the cycle. I did have some minor complications after the retrieval which required a trip to the ER. I notified the clinic of my symptoms and ER visit and they quickly had me come in to be evaluated by Dr. Griffith even though everything had been resolved. He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor for my IVF journey. My only wish is that I had come to him the first time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I think being understanding that you are not going to see Dr. Griffith at every appointment. I saw him for my consultation and during my stimulation period to confirm progress prior to retrieval. He did not perform my retrieval but I knew that beforehand so I was comfortable with it. He did perform my transfer and performed my US the day my pregnancy was confirmed in the clinic. He also performed my last US the day I graduated from the clinic. It was apparent to me that Dr. Griffith had a large amount of patients he was treating and that almost made me more comfortable in my decision to use him in that he was in such high demand. Even though I did not see him every appointment, I never had any issues in having my questions answered by him quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith and the nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard. Though I did not see Dr. Griffith every visit, if I had any questions regarding my cycle/treatment, I was able to get quick answers from him. The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Protocol was important to me and one of the reasons why I chose Dr. Griffith. After speaking with 5 different RE's, Dr. Griffith was one of two that offered a different protocol than the one I had previously used which resulted in a failed cycle. My first cycle was an antagonist protocol using a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur. I had a slow start (only a few follicles showing) so my Gonal dosage was increased on day 4. I ended up with 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature. Of those, only 7 fertilized and I ended up with 4 embryos (3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic). Since I did not have any normal embryos to transfer, the cycle ended. I took these results to Dr. Griffith and he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna & Leah)
The nurses and coordinators at HFI Willowbrook are amazing! I spoke and met with Jenna/Leah mostly and they both were always very sweet, answered my questions, and were personable and kind with our interactions. They always put me at ease and were supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think overall the clinic was great! They were always very clear in communications. If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear. I would only say it would be nice to have the option of the consent forms for you and your partner to be signed electronically off site. That really is my only suggestion. Everything else was great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
This was my choice really. I was against multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Griffith supported my choice and never suggested anything other than an eSET.
Willowbrook Office

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Due to diminished ovarian reserve, age and a low AMH Dr. Griffith put us on a very intensive hormone protocol. I was unresponsive the first time around so he adjusted the protocol completely for the second time which was more successful. He also had us on several supplements. Currently, we are waiting and hoping to start the third round after taking a few months off to add in some holistic approaches.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He has a strong knowledge and wide experience base. There were a few times where I felt things could be communicated more clearly and that all options explained. However, he was willing to spend the time with us that we needed to ask any and all questions we had to ease any uncertainty or anxiety, and for this, I am truly grateful.
Ask any and all questions you may have. Do not hesitate to also inquire about supplements, holistic methods and current research with him. He is always willing to chat about all options.
The entire office team is amazing! We had many consult appointments with Dr. Griffith as well to determine course of action along the way. Every interaction was excellent from the whole team. They all take an interest in you and focus not just on the medical side of things but also you as a person and a couple.
The nursing staff is AMAZING! They provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient. Even when the news was sad, they took the time to make sure you understood the information and that you were ok. I actually enjoyed going for my appointments, which were often!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a welcoming place. They are flexible with schedules and work with you. I work in the school system so they were wonderful scheduling my appointments around my crazy schedule. One thing to note is that blood work is done in the morning but results are received that same day which is really nice!
over $20,000 for 1 cycle

2020
I had extensive blood work done [with Dr. Jason Griffith] and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon...bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
The nurses I have dealt with [at Houston Fertility Institute] have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process...I see nothing weak about this clinic. So far they are on top of everything and careful with my feelings and my testing has been scheduled with ease and it has been a pleasant experience. I think this clinic offers what every woman needs when going through something so stressful.
2020
European, Other
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is great with explaining in detail the process coming next. He takes time to speak with you and not rush you. He listens when you speak and doesn’t interrupt. Overall he is a great doctor who cares and I believe wants the best outcome for his clinic and our family.
Tell him all your concerns and lay it all out when consulting so he can take the best approach
Dr Griffiths bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
I have had only diagnostic up to this point. I had extensive blood work done and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon.
The nurses I have dealt with have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
So far we have spent only our copay. I am waiting on the bill for the lab work as we will have to pay 20% I believe. Our testing for the hysteroscopy will be $1,000. Then if treatment is needed or we want to try an IUI first it will be no covered by our insurance as they only cover diagnostic. We lost a baby at 13 weeks last year and trying for another is hard enough. Then having to pay out of pocket if you need help is so not helpful in this terrible situation.
2014 - 2019
PCOS, Unexplained
I feel like dr Griffith is a very good dr, but after 4 IVF and nothing from it, he seems to add more stuff that he recommends we should do and it's more money and we spent so much money, I'm worried we cant go any further...Clomid, iui, IVF frozen transfers, hysteroscopy, ERA SCRATCH, numerous blood work...after so many visits and transfer I felt like a number, because I feel like it's more money each time, we spend so much and we get no break. Other companies will give you a free cycle after no live birth..Its like a lawyer who keeps taken your money and no results are coming out of it, just more money.
[My protocols at Houston Fertility Institute included] Clomid, iui, IVF frozen transfers, hysteroscopy, ERA SCRATCH, numerous blood work...[the nurse was] Very compassionate, available to call any time, literally gave me her number to text for any questions...I was recommended a ERA, was told my insurance covered it, that I only pay 200, come to find out I couldn't get my results because I owed 800! It took us 7 months to pay that to get my results and move further. I asked on my last transfer in Aug 2019 if I should test my eggs, dr Griffith said no..after the transfer failed he called and says he recommends us testing our eggs, my husband was furious. The cost would be 4500, we cant afford it, so now we are stuck wondering what next.
2014 - 2019
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Griffith is very good bed side manners, he seems like he truly cares. I feel like dr Griffith is a very good dr, but after 4 IVF and nothing from it, he seems to add more stuff that he recommends we should do and it's more money and we spent so much money, I'm worried we cant go any further. I switched from the Willow brook office because the staff at the Woodlands, one particular girl was very rude. A year later I went back to the Woodlands because it was a street down from my job. It seemed much better since they moved that girl from the front to the back.
Great bed side manners
I felt like a human at 1st, but after so many visits and transfer I felt like a number, because I feel like it's more money each time, we spend so much and we get no break. Other companies will give you a free cycle after no live birth..Its like a lawyer who keeps taken your money and no results are coming out of it, just more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, kim)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Better staff over the years, weakness would be financial support especially for the ones that dont have IVF insurance. They should have a better IVF treatment plan that is affordable. Be prepared for numerous visits, it may become stressful but it's all worth it at the end.
15,000 for IVF 3,500 iui 1 time only Clomid, .. wasn't bad, maybe 20 bucks a month ERA scratch 1000 Hysteroscopy 2,500 Each egg transfer 4,500 x 4 times Egg storage was currently 500, but in 2020 went up to 600
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had requested for a second opinion at another office after my 2019 failed cycle. Houston fertility never transferred my paper work. I did go see the other dr, I pulled up my profile file work from Houston fertility for her to view, she looked over it and spent several hours reviewing it with me..the only alarming thing was she asked if I had PCOS why wasn't I on something to treat it while doing my transfer, she recommended glucaflage. Another incident at Houston fertility was when I requested for all my work they done on me to send in for a grant, the lady sent me a paper that showed my egg retrieval numbers incorrectly and the quality of eggs I used incorrectly..that scared me a bit. Just recently found out that the frozen eggs we have in storage, that the price is going up..very discourage because money is tight right now. Also I was recommended a ERA, was told my insurance covered it, that I only pay 200, come to find out I couldn't get my results because I owed 800! It took us 7 months to pay that to get my results and move further. I asked on my last transfer in Aug 2019 if I should test my eggs, dr Griffith said no..after the transfer failed he called and says he recommends us testing our eggs, my husband was furious. The cost would be 4500, we cant afford it, so now we are stuck wondering what next.
Woodlands Office

We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.... I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
The office [HFI-The Woodlands] was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!.... He allowed us to transfer 2 the first time since I’m 40 and husband is 47, and they were untested day 6 and 7. This transfer resulted in a chemical. We had 3 day 7 blast left and the office had a formal meeting deciding rather we could transfer all 3 since we decided we would be done after this, and they agreed. One took.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
From the minute we stepped into his office and met him we knew he was he doctor for us! I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
Tell him what you expect and what you want from his treatment, he will listen to you!
Where to begin! He has amazing nurses which make the whole experience incredible! I always felt welcomed never rushed and my questions were always answered timely!
We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel R )
Amazing!!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!
Woodlands Office

Dr. Griffith met personally with both my husband and myself. He spoke of the various options available to us and the different factors to consider along our way. He indicated he wanted us to pace ourselves as we fell comfortable and invited us to ask questions. He more thoroughly explained the challenges my husband is facing and we left feeling much more informed than when we came in...We have only consulted with the doctor, however he was very honest about %'s and expectations. He is open minded to our preference to begin with IUI while IVF may be a more effective method he was not at all discouraging.
I love that they [Houston Fertility Institute] use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden...[nurses are] Warm, welcoming and attentive. We even called back with a ton of questions which they patiently answered.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
If it pops into your head, ask. He qill put all your questions at ease.
We have not started cycles. I previously did clomid and estrogen with my last doctor. My husband has provided 2 samples 3 yrs ago. Dr. Griffith has obtained all of my testing and imagining as qell as those samples, he has requested an additional sample and I am to return for my sono and blood work at the beginning of my next cycle. From there we will discuss the steps my husband and I are most comfortable with.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I love that they use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden.
Our testing and diagnostic treatments are covered by insurance. However noncovered other costs would not exceed about 600. I believe IUI was just over $1000 for a round. However, IVF is much more expensive but we were told that if the first transfer doesn't take, the will not charge for the next transfer.
I believe the Dr will only transfer one embryo at a time. While I respect that this is for the safety and success of the embryo, and I know if unsuccessful the next transfer is not at cost, I have a difficult time qith

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Griffith took the time to get to know us and made sure we were always comfortable with whatever he was recommending. I have never seen a doctor (and very few human beings) with more compassion than he showed to us. He is truly an amazing doctor and person. I couldn't recommend him enough!!... For egg retrieval #1 he did more of a "typical" protocol with Menopur and Gonal-f. This resulted in 4 eggs and 2 embryos. Both were abnormal. For egg retrieval #2 we did Androgen priming and higher dosages of meds plus we added in an HGH and Micro-dose Lupron.
All of the support team at HFI is amazing!...They are so compassionate and caring. They truly want to see every patient succeed. Anytime I needed an appointment, I was able to get one quickly. They never made me feel silly for the millions of questions we asked!... First cycle was around $20,000. Each cycle after was around $6-7,000 and transfers were $4,500... Dr Griffith was always very personable and took an interest in getting to know us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be honest with him and don't be afraid to ask questions. He will never make you feel as though he doesn't have the time to answer, and is happy to explain things in as much detail as you need.
Dr Griffith was always very personable and took an interest in getting to know us. When he had to deliver bad news to us, I truly felt that he was also personally affected by the news and he truly cared about us.
For egg retrieval #1 he did more of a "typical" protocol with Menopur and Gonal-f. This resulted in 4 eggs and 2 embryos. Both were abnormal. For egg retrieval #2 we did Androgen priming and higher dosages of meds plus we added in an HGH and Micro-dose Lupron. This round resulted in 7 eggs which made 2 embryos and both were abnormal. For round 3 we did Androgen priming and then only did Menopur. This was our most successful cycle with 5 eggs and 4 embryos. I am now 33 weeks pregnant with one of those (and a mosaic embryo from round 2)!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Fernandez )
All of the support team at HFI is amazing!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
He really took this on a case by case basis, which I appreciated. I never felt that he had a strong opinion one way or another... It really depended on the situation.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Jason Griffith] truly cared about making my dreams a reality. He comfort me when I was down and celebrated all my highs. Egg retrieval was hard on my body. It’s seriously the hardest thing next to carrying twins I’ve ever done. He would stay after hrs to see me to check and makes sure I wasn’t going through OHS. When the 3rd IVF transfer was cancelled because my body was not responding he promised we would get there and said I deserved the perfect conditions. After we had to fake a 4th IVF cycle to do a FET he donated meds to us because we couldn’t afford another $1000 on injections.
First round IVF [at Houston Fertility Institute-Woodlands]. We used menphor (sp) and gonal-f, pills and patches. Right after egg retrieval I bagan to bleed and I bled so much that he canceled the fresh transfer. It was the best decision. I was in too much pain from retrieval for two weeks after. A month later we did a normal FET with pills and patches and PIO. We transfered two embryos. A week later I took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant. We had our first son at 27 weeks. He is now a very healthy 4 year old. 3 years later we were ready to add a sibling we started a FET cycle normal FET with pills and patches. Halfway through the first time we canceled because there was fluid buildup in my uterus. We started another FET a few weeks later and again halfway through same issue. After next cycle we change things up and decided to fake an IVF cycle. We used a small amount of final-f to stimulate my ovaries for 21 days. Right before you’re going to transfer the pocket of fluid made its appearance and we had to cancel.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He truly cared about making my dreams a reality. He comfort me when I was down and celebrated all my highs. Egg retrieval was hard on my body. It’s seriously the hardest thing next to carrying twins I’ve ever done. He would stay after hrs to see me to check and makes sure I wasn’t going through OHS. When the 3rd IVF transfer was cancelled because my body was not responding he promised we would get there and said I deserved the perfect conditions. After we had to fake a 4th IVF cycle to do a FET he donated meds to us because we couldn’t afford another $1000 on injections. He said, this will work, we just have to get the right timing. When we we unsuccessful he personally called me and let me just cry and offered consoling words. He is hands down the best doctor that cares about his patients.
IVF is hard you start with a plan but that plan doesn’t always happen. You have to be mentally prepared that it’s going to be hard and it’s most likely not going to go as planned.
He truly cares about his patients. He has sat with me many, many times and let me just cry. After this last go where I had had the 3rd transfer canceled because my body wasn’t responding how he wanted it to. He held my hand and said “ you deserve the perfect conditions and I’m going to help you get that.” He understood all my anxieties and helped me through them.
I’ll try my best on this question. First round IVF. We used menphor (sp) and gonal-f, pills and patches. Right after egg retrieval I bagan to bleed and I bled so much that he canceled the fresh transfer. It was the best decision. I was in too much pain from retrieval for two weeks after. A month later we did a normal FET with pills and patches and PIO. We transfered two embryos. A week later I took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant. We had our first son at 27 weeks. He is now a very healthy 4 year old. 3 years later we were ready to add a sibling we started a FET cycle normal FET with pills and patches. Halfway through the first time we canceled because there was fluid buildup in my uterus. We started another FET a few weeks later and again halfway through same issue. After next cycle we change things up and decided to fake an IVF cycle. We used a small amount of final-f to stimulate my ovaries for 21 days. Right before you’re going to transfer the pocket of fluid made its appearance and we had to cancel. Next round we changed some things and I started stimulating for 17 days. This time no fluid build up. We transfered everything looked perfect but the transfer was unsuccessful. A month later we decided to try the same thing but this time instead of transferring one we did two embryos. It was successful and at the first ultrasound I was pregnant with twins. We now have three perfect children thanks to Dr Griffith.
The Woodlands nurses are hands down the best. They are all so caring and they will sit with you and make sure you understand everything. They will cry and celebrate with you.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I love everything about them. When we started with them in 2014 they were small and it was easy to reach your office. They have really grown since then. My only complaint is to reach your office you have to go through the call center and some times that can be a hassle. But you do always get a call back from your nurse or doctor.
First go was 20k Second go when all added up close to 15k
Woodlands Office

Dr. Griffith is so kind and understanding, he always explained every step with detail and made sure I understood before moving on....He does have a lot of patients which means he is out of office a lot to do retrievals/transfers and so was not able to do every single one of my scans/appointments, but was always there for the important things....I had a high AMH during my initial consult so Dr. Griffith opted for a Menopur only cycle.
Where the office [Houston Fertility Institute] really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery...My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called.... They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith has such compassion and truly makes you feel like you are in it together. He cries when you cry and has joy when you have joy. He always explained everything to me and walked me through each step. During my retrieval and transfer, he made sure I was comfortable and calmed any nerves I had. He does have a lot of patients which means he is out of office a lot to do retrievals/transfers and so was not able to do every single one of my scans/appointments, but was always there for the important things.
Write down any questions or fears you have because he will answer and help to make you feel better! There’s so much uncertainty and fear surrouding infertility so it is amazing to let some of that go.
Dr. Griffith is so kind and understanding, he always explained every step with detail and made sure I understood before moving on. Where the office really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery and they became like family while I was there for both transfers.
I had a high AMH during my initial consult so Dr. Griffith opted for a Menopur only cycle. I started at 175 Menopur and was bumped up to 275 because of a low response. Added ganirelix and my ovaries unexpectedly exploded into overtime. Because of this, we switched from HcG to a lupron trigger with the understanding I would do a freeze- all and wait to transfer. I then started protocol for a FET, 2 weeks of estradiol 3x a day, then added progesterone and transferred. I followed the exact same protocol when I did a second FET, 2 years later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called. The other nurses who did my scans were so kind. They became like family and were so happy to see both of my transfers result in positives!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They truly love their patients! You don’t feel like just another $ and they make you feel like your dreams are possible. They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
We were lucky to have insurance coverage so we paid our out of pocket max, which was around $3,800.
For my first transfer, he left the decision up to me and we decided to transfer 2, 1 stuck. For the second transfer, he strongly recommended 1 and I agreed. He has changed his standard practice in the 2 years between transfers but still let you transfer 2 if you sign releases.

PCOS, Unexplained
Throughout the entire process Dr. Griffith has had fantastic beside manners. Each time my transfer failed he would call me that evening personally and go over what happened and what we can do differently the next time. ... Before the third transfer I had a ERA which was suggested by Dr. Griffith. It showed that I needed 12 hours more of progesterone. ...
Monday's are the busiest days and you will wait for a bit before being seen. The staff [Houston Fertility Institute] is usually always nice and well mannered. I'm not a huge fan of only having morning time slots, but I understand due to getting lab results back the same day. ... The costs are a little high but if you aren't successful with your first round of IVF then the physician fees are waived for the second round.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions and be vocal about your thoughts and what you want your plan to look like.
The office gets really busy sometimes, but I've always felt like a human. I've never been mistreated in any way.
My first transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. Since everything appeared to be on a good path we stayed with that plan for the second transfer. It did not implant. Before the third transfer I had a ERA which was suggested by Dr. Griffith. It showed that I needed 12 hours more of progesterone. My third transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. I have not started my second round of IVF yet, but when I do we are going to change my medication protocol see if I can produce better quality eggs.
I didn't have the same nurse each time which sometimes was difficult when communicating about my plan, but I liked each and every one of them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Monday's are the busiest days and you will wait for a bit before being seen. The staff is usually always nice and well mannered. I'm not a huge fan of only having morning time slots, but I understand due to getting lab results back the same day. That was a tough adjustment for me. My mornings are usually my busiest so stepping out for my appointment is easier in the afternoon.
The costs are a little high but if you aren't successful with your first round of IVF then the physician fees are waived for the second round. I spent roughly $24,000 last year to do a round of IVD that yielded three embryos for three transfers. None were successful, so I am hoping to try again sometime this year if I can save the money.
He suggested one each transfer and I was ok with that. For our next round of IVF we will be transferring two.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Griffith was definitely kind but always pushed IVF. I always felt like they were just rotating through patients. I wanted him to find answers as to why my body could not hold the pregnancies, and I knew that he hadn’t come to that conclusion...I asked about my thyroid and other tests that could be performed to figure out why these miscarriages occurred. Dr. Griffith did not feel that looking into anything else would be of benefit.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage...I asked for a phone call from the business office with specifics in regards to IVF treatment... I never received that call which played into my decision to switch clinics.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was pleased with Dr. Griffith at the beginning of my treatment. After 1 miscarriage, his associate performed a hysteroscopy, and I learned about pre cancerous cells in my body. Dr, Griffith treated me for 2 months and a colleague performed a second hysteroscopy. The pre cancerous cells were gone. I was hopeful that this was the treatment I needed. My husband and I opted for an IUI. Dr. Griffith was extremely optimistic, so I was disappointed when I started my cycle prior to the pregnancy test. The office still had me go in for this test even though I already knew the outcome. We took a break in treatment and got pregnant twice on our own. Both ended in miscarriage, unfortunately. Dr. Griffith told me later the pregnancies were considered chemical pregnancies but did not explain that to me. We went back to Dr. Griffith to discuss IVF. He was ready to start the process. I asked about my thyroid and other tests that could be performed to figure out why these miscarriages occurred. Dr. Griffith did not feel that looking into anything else would be of benefit.
Always get a second opinion.
The office was always busy. Dr. Griffith was definitely kind but always pushed IVF. I always felt like they were just rotating through patients. I wanted him to find answers as to why my body could not hold the pregnancies, and I knew that he hadn’t come to that conclusion. I was afraid to do IVF and have another miscarriage.
For the IUI, I took Gonal F injections. The meds did provide multiple eggs being in play during the IUI. We did the ovidrel trigger shot for ovulation. For whatever reason, the IUI was unsuccessful.
The nursing staff is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
This clinic is efficient and has definite procedures and protocol in place. It operates very smoothly, and the doctors work as a team. I got the impression that they provided the same course of testing for each patient rather than looking at each patients specific issues. I also felt that the pricing was high. After I changed doctors, I received an email from someone in the main office. When I explained I had changed clinics, this is when they said they will price match. Overall, I was thankful I switched clinics, although this clinic was more convenient location wise.
I spent $7,000 on fertility diagnostic testing and treatments with this doctor. This includes 2 hysteroscopies, genetic testing, prescription medications, and 1 IUI round.
Dr. Griffith would only transfer 1 healthy embryo (after PGS testing). If we did not have PGS, then he would transfer up to 3.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I asked for a phone call from the business office with specifics in regards to IVF treatment. I had received paperwork but wanted to speak with someone. The doctor communicated to the nursing staff to contact a certain individual in the business office to call me. I never received that call which played into my decision to switch clinics.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Griffith was very good about listening. He would answer the 1,000s of questions we had and would tell us what he honestly thought was best for us to do next. He would have consultations with us when we weren't sure about something.... He told us the differences in success rates and price between IUI and IVF and since we were unexplained infertility we decided to do IUI and use IVF as a last resort.
Overall we really enjoyed being at HFI- The Woodlands. I would say the only down fall to HFI having so many offices is that for our IUI transfers and IVF procedures (retrieval and transfer) we would have to drive downtown to a different location... I absolutely loved the nursing staff at HFI- The Woodlands. They were constantly answering questions we had, no matter how many times a day I would call.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Listen to the Doctor. He is the expert in the area of infertility. Do NOT search the web for what you think would be best. There is a reason they do everything in the order that they do it. I got very frustrated at first because I didn't understand the process, but now that I do it all makes sense.
He always knew what was going on in our lives and was interested in knowing how we were doing through the whole process.
We did Clomid with our OBGYN, so when we got to Dr. Griffith we went to IUI. He told us the differences in success rates and price between IUI and IVF and since we were unexplained infertility we decided to do IUI and use IVF as a last resort. Before doing an IUI I had to have a hyteroscopy to make sure that my uterus was in good condition and clear of fibroids. After 2 rounds of IUI he still wasn't sure why things weren't happening. Everything was perfect with our IUI, but the sperm wasn't meeting the egg. We took a break after this because it was emotionally and physically draining. We went back to see what we should do next. Since I took a break, he went ahead and did another hysterocopy to make sure that nothing had formed over the last year. After this we began stims to start IVF. Through IVF we used a number of injection prescriptions which resulted in 27 eggs being retrieved. After ICSI we had 18 embryos frozen. We transfered 2 embryos about a month and a half later (after my body healed from retrieval) and one survived.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff at HFI- The Woodlands. They were constantly answering questions we had, no matter how many times a day I would call. They would take the time to explain in detail and if they weren't sure they would consult Dr. Griffith and I would hear back by the end of the day. When we had negative pregnancy tests they were extremely cautious and sensitive as to how they would deliver the message to us.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Overall we really enjoyed being at HFI- The Woodlands. I would say the only down fall to HFI having so many offices is that for our IUI transfers and IVF procedures (retrieval and transfer) we would have to drive downtown to a different location to have these done because they only do them out of one office/hospital. Also if I had an appointment that would fall on a Saturday or Sunday (you have to go every so many days so these are required) they would be downtown as well. It wasn't a huge issue, but make sure that you have the time to do this if you go forward.
IUI- about $4,000/round (without medication) IVF- about $13,000 for retrieval and transfer (without medication) IVF Frozen Transfer- about $4,000 (without medication)
Dr. Griffith Highly suggested that we only transfer 1 embryo because I was so young. I fought it and pushed for 2. He did transfer 2 because that was what I wanted, but he warned me of the risks that can come with multiples.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Griffith] explained in ways that I could understand. He welcomed all my questions without getting frustrated... he is very easy to communicate with and response back on a timely manner. I feel that he should perform all procedures scheduled for his individual patient. Overall he is a good doctor. He is happy to repeat things if needed. He listens to his patient and treats them accordingly to each protocol. I am very satisfied with his bedside manner and appreciate his compassion through such an unpredictable process
I was not satisfied the way my hysteroscopy results were handled [at Houston Fertility Institute] . Given to the fact the surgery center and the fertility institute was affiliated. I felt it was a lot of run around to get my results...Weakness: follow up is sometimes not timely, too much info at once is given to patient, financial coordinator is really no resourceful. Strength: very polite, welcoming,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I would like to see him every visit but he is very easy to communicate with and response back on a timely manner. I feel that he should perform all procedures scheduled for his individual patient. Overall he is a good doctor. He is happy to repeat things if needed. He listens to his patient and treats them accordingly to each protocol. I am very satisfied with his bedside manner and appreciate his compassion through such an unpredictable process. Even though I got frustrated and wanted to switch docs he didn't let that ruin his patien to doc relationship with me.
Always ask as many questions as you want. It's a lot of info to process so if you think of questions after you leave the office don't hesitate to reach back out to him.
He explained in ways that I could understand. He welcomed all my questions without getting frustrated.
Birth control to prevent ovulation while testing is performed. Started on menopur and gonal f 225 ovary stimulation. Planning for a frozen embryo transfer because of one blocked tube and DOR.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The cost in broken up between the clinic and the surgery center. The genetic testing is extra too.
My doctor stated he would do two embryos at the most but I feel it should be a mutual agreement between the couple and the doctor. I feel that the doctor should listen to the patient but do what medically is best for the patient.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I was not satisfied the way my hysteroscopy results were handled. Given to the fact the surgery center and the fertility institute was affiliated. I felt it was a lot of run around to get my results.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. Griffith is very warm. He truly seems to care about my husband and me. He never became annoyed by our barrage of questions, and he was always happy to explain processes....I didn't see Dr. Griffith as often as I would've liked. The times I did see him, he was fully present and always kind. I do wish he had performed the egg retrievals, however. Despite two failed IVF cycles, we did learn so much from the tests Dr. Griffith insisted we undergo...Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Dr. Griffith will address them all, and he's remarkably comforting.
The phlebotomists and the nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation....Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out...There were a couple of times during my second cycle where I wasn't given instructions. I had to call to remind them.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I didn't see Dr. Griffith as often as I would've liked. The times I did see him, he was fully present and always kind. I do wish he had performed the egg retrievals, however. Despite two failed IVF cycles, we did learn so much from the tests Dr. Griffith insisted we undergo. We learned that I have MTHFR and a clotting disorder. That information has helped us maintain my current natural (completely spontaneous) pregnancy that occurred mere months after our last failed cycle. I'm so grateful!
I don't recall the exact protocol, but I took Bravelle, Menopur, and Ovidrel before my retrieval. I had approximately 11 follicles that looked promising, but only 5 eggs were retrieved. Three of the eggs were mature, and only two fertilized. Only one egg made it to day 5, and it was frozen. I had responded well to stims for an IUI at another clinic so he thought it would go well. After the failed transfer, Dr. Griffith spoke to us again and said he'd introduce Lupron and an antagonist protocol should we decide on round 2. With round 2, we used Lupron, Menopur, and Gonal-f. We had 10 follicles. We ended up with 2 poor quality 3-day embryos. Unfortunately, they didn't take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Fernandez)
The phlebotomists and the nurses were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There are multiple branches, but I frequented the Willowbrook location. It's clean, and seems to be run pretty efficiently. There's never a long wait. Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out. I was assured that it was the last we'd hear of the extra fees. Fast forward to March '17 when I received more bills for the physician's fees. I had to talk to two more people to get things straightened out. I was told that I do not owe any physician's fees, and hopefully this will be the last time I get billed. We'll see...
$25k - this includes one IVF cycle and unlimited frozen transfers as well as meds.
Willowbrook Office

From our first consultation to testing to treatment routes, Dr. Griffith was there to explain everything and give his advice. He never gave us an ultimatum, it was our decision on how to proceed.... We had to forego one cycle because my lining was not where he would have liked. He was so compassionate when telling us the news and while I started to cry. He was there and gave us a few minutes to collect ourselves. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor to tell me that it just wasn’t the right time.
Every nurse that I saw at the office [Houston Fertility Institute] was phenomenal. They answered every question while I was in the office. They were also very responsive to all questions when I would call or email. It was wonder knowing I’d get an answer same day.... I am unsure if she is still there, but their financial counselor was not helpful. I tried to reach out to her when we first started the process about how much we could expect to pay
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
From our first consultation to testing to treatment routes, Dr. Griffith was there to explain everything and give his advice. He never gave us an ultimatum, it was our decision on how to proceed. He was compassionate when I had concerns and would not make myself or my husband feel that our questions were redundant or dumb. I truly cannot wait to go back to him when we are ready for number two.
Do not hesitate. He is there to help with whatever you need. If you are having issues, please go see him.
He was truly great in discussing everything with my husband and I. We had to forego one cycle because my lining was not where he would have liked. He was so compassionate when telling us the news and while I started to cry. He was there and gave us a few minutes to collect ourselves. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor to tell me that it just wasn’t the right time.
When we had a failed first cycle (we didn’t transfer) because my lining was not thick enough, Dr. Griffith made sure to adjust my medication for the next round to help the thickening. This was extremely comforting that we was ready to adjust our course and not prolong the process.
Every nurse that I saw at the office was phenomenal. They answered every question while I was in the office. They were also very responsive to all questions when I would call or email. It was wonder knowing I’d get an answer same day. Other offices can take days to get back to you, but they were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I am unsure if she is still there, but their financial counselor was not helpful. I tried to reach out to her when we first started the process about how much we could expect to pay for everything. All she could or would tell us is that it is based on insurance and couldn’t tell me anything.
From start to finish, including all testing, medications, and procedures, we spent roughly $13k.
My insurance company was urging for only a single transfer, but when I was discussing my concerns with Dr. Griffith, he put my concerns to bed. We opted for multiple (2). He was supportive with what we wanted.
Woodlands Office

Dr Griffith is a great guy! He made sure to calm my concerns and even when things weren’t going perfectly, he would reassure me that everything was going to be fine. He even kept me as a patient longer than normal because of my body having issues with being pregnant because he was wanting to make sure everything went the way it was supposed to. If/when we decide to get pregnant again, we will 100% be going to see Dr Griffith again!
Most doctors would use one protocol for everything but mine was completely created for me, down to the medications and dosages [at Houston Fertility Institute]...when I did have costs that I had to pay out of pocket, HFI tried to help find ways to do payments...This clinic is amazing. Everyone, from the front desk to the “vampires” drawing your blood, to the doctors treat you wonderfully. They are all friendly and even after we left, when we came back to visit with the babies, they still remembered my name!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask lots of questions! Don’t be afraid to ask why he is doing something that may not make sense.
Dr Griffith was amazing! He made sure all my concerns were addressed and that I was happy with the treatment plan. I was a part of the plan not just another uterus!
My procedure was 3 years ago so I don’t remember everything, but I know he tailored everything to me. Most doctors would use one protocol for everything but mine was completely created for me, down to the medications and dosages.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
My insurance covered most of my procedure so my costs were significantly reduced. But when I did have costs that I had to pay out of pocket, HFI tried to help find ways to do payments.
Dr Griffith helped me choose to transfer 2 embryos. He was willing to state any concerns he had but was willing to do what I wanted overall.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jason Griffith] takes time to talk with you and if you have any unreasonable expectations, he gently tried to redirect you to a realistic expectation. He understands that fertility is a very emotional topic and is very individual so if you take a moment to listen to him, he will help you as best as he can. It may not always be what you want to hear but he has a patient's best interest at heart.
One time my cycle had to be moved because a nurse [at Houston Fertility Institute] had failed to call in my prescription for my pills and shots in a timely manner, that cycle had to be scrapped. Other than that one flub, the staff was on the ball and awesome...It is expensive, but they are willing to work out costs. I am not sure outside of paying upfront for treatment but they do provide resources for financial help.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is compassionate and knowledgeable. I found him approachable and easy to talk to.
He could be the one doctor who can help you with your dreams of a family.
He takes time to talk with you and if you have any unreasonable expectations, he gently tried to redirect you to a realistic expectation. He understands that fertility is a very emotional topic and is very individual so if you take a moment to listen to him, he will help you as best as he can. It may not always be what you want to hear but he has a patient's best interest at heart.
First time was one round of shots, pills and patches which worked like a dream. Second time tried a different approach twice which did not work so my treatment was adjusted to what had worked before, resulting in pregnancy. I don't seem to have any problems with holding a pregnancy, it was getting pregnant that was the problem.
They are aware of each patient's needs and protocols, they take time to talk with you during visits and are excited for you when pregnancy is reached. Ultrasounds are great because the nurse is happy with you, even to tears like you, when you first see the developing egg sac meaning that you have become pregnant.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One time my cycle had to be moved because a nurse had failed to call in my prescription for my pills and shots in a timely manner, that cycle had to be scrapped. Other than that one flub, the staff was on the ball and awesome.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Please see previous remarks, overall this clinic did well.

4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Griffith] always called to talk to me after each procedure, even when on vacation...He understands what I need, I need a plan and he always helped with that. He has a super kind nature and sounds like he really cares. He also remembers things that are not fertility related - just stuff about me and my family...I really don’t see any weaknesses, I recommend him to anyone having issues. The only weakness is there isn’t more of him! You are automatically comfortable when you meet him. He explains in terms you can understand and can relate too
It’s like they [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] are family - always accurate compassionate care. They never sound bothered when I call with crazy questions...A little expensive, but they do offer a discount if you are self pay and your first cycle fails . Lots of options for financing. Sometimes offering meds...The clinic is really great , clean efficient and up to date The williwbrook locations is perfect The Katy location needs to work on some education on some of the staff and it doesn’t have the most welcoming feel
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Do it! Tell him what you need- so he can explain things , trust him
He always called to talk to me after each procedure, even when on vacation. He listened to any co Vern’s I had. He understands what I need, I need a plan and he always helped with that. He has a super kind nature and sounds like he really cares. He also remembers things that are not fertility related - just stuff about me and my family
I do not remember my protocol but we did make adjustments as needed and different approaches
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jennie and Jenna )
It’s like they are family - always accurate compassionate care. They never sound bothered when I call with crazy questions
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Nope I totally understand his thought process

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Griffith takes times to explain your personalized protocol and explains changes he makes if you have to multiple IVF cycles. He is very compassionate about your wants and needs. He takes his time to analyze your cycle and makes changes as needed. ... He would call and talk to me when I would have questions or concerns. ... I completed two IVF cycles with Dr. Griffith.
Great flexible morning appointment time slots. The appointments are fast, allowing you to get back to your day or work. The offices [Houston Fertility Institute] are very warm and welcoming. The receptionists are very friendly and welcoming. ... At a busy office, I saw a different nurse each time. Towards the end it started to be two regular nurses that saw me. ...
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
You will be in great hands with Dr. Griffith!
He has a compassionate personality and wants the best outcome. He would call and talk to me when I would have questions or concerns.
I completed two IVF cycles with Dr. Griffith. The first cycles I was on a very high dose of Gonal-F and Menupor (300). The second IVf cycle I was on 225 of Gonal F, 225 Menupor and HGH. Both cycles I only retrieved 2 eggs. First cycle was a frozen cycle where I transferred my only surviving day 5 frozen embryo. The second cycle was a fresh cycle where I transferred 2 embryos on day 3. Both cycles ended with a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great flexible morning appointment time slots. The appointments are fast, allowing you to get back to your day or work. The offices are very warm and welcoming. The receptionists are very friendly and welcoming.
My total treatment with medicine was close to 45k.
He educated me on both and what would be best for my cycle.

2013 - 2018
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Griffith is a wonderful doctor. He is patient, kind and always listens to the patient and their opinions and concerns. He treats you like a ‘person’, not just another case. My husband and I trust him completely.... Always felt like a priority, Dr. Griffithbwas very honest in where we stood and where we should go next.... I believe our 1st and 2nd rounds were the same protocol, we added acupuncture and adjusted our medication regimen.
The clinics [Houston Fertility Inst] strengths in my opinion are that the doctors and nursing staff really work together, even if you’re not seeing your doctor that visit, whoever you see knows exactly where you are in your treatment. Information was always added to my portal within a short amount of time as well. I would tell a new patient to ASK QUESTIONS, even if you feel like you’re asking too many. It’s always important to know what’s going on.
2013 - 2018
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
To let him guide you through this process. It’s hard enough to do, but remember to believe that he knows what he’s doing.
I believe our 1st and 2nd rounds were the same protocol, we added acupuncture and adjusted our medication regimen. For our upcoming FET he wants to add an extra day of PIO shots before we transfer.
Everyone I had for examinations were great. Sometimes I felt like I was a bother when I asked questions, but overall very happy.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinics strengths in my opinion are that the doctors and nursing staff really work together, even if you’re not seeing your doctor that visit, whoever you see knows exactly where you are in your treatment. Information was always added to my portal within a short amount of time as well. I would tell a new patient to ASK QUESTIONS, even if you feel like you’re asking too many. It’s always important to know what’s going on.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
Monitoring appointments were done in the mornings, but could be first come first served as soon as they opened. I always got there early so I was in and out pretty quickly.
Houston Office

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Griffith is a very compassionate and intelligent physician. I have always felt cared for when I meet with him and felt that he always listened to any of my concerns. I don’t feel like “just another patient” with him. He remembers and knows my history so well, which makes me feel important and comfortable that he is providing me with the best care possible....Dr. Griffith performed a miscarriage panel on me, because I had two previous miscarriages.
It [Houston Fertility Institute] is a clean and nice clinic. They do everything in office such as bloodwork and ultrasounds. Procedures are performed at one central office in Piney Point. Both facilities are clean and organized. The staff is excellent at both....The staff at the office is amazing. They had prompt responses and thorough communication.... Dr. Griffith is phenomenal. He listens to my concerns and tailors my treatment individually. He has always explored every option to make sure we have the best outcome.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, PCOS, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be open with him and tell him anything in your mind. He will listen and care for it.
Dr. Griffith performed a miscarriage panel on me, because I had two previous miscarriages. He also performed an endometrial receptive array, a cervical dilatation due to cervical stenosis. We did one frozen transfer and due to a blood clotting disorder, I was taking lovenox and methylfolate. The transfer was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It is a clean and nice clinic. They do everything in office such as bloodwork and ultrasounds. Procedures are performed at one central office in Piney Point. Both facilities are clean and organized. The staff is excellent at both.
I cannot recall.
Due to my young age and medical history, Dr. Griffith preferred to transfer only one embryo.
2 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Griffith] took time to answer questions, comped an IUI where the doctor performing procedure did not communicate well. Made personal phone calls. Spent far more time than required talking with me and answering questions. Sensitive to my situation as a gay, single woman.... Lots of contact, personal phone calls, knowledge of me and my situation, long consultations with honest, nuanced answers to every question I could ask.
The sperm vial for one of my IUIs had a number low enough to influence outcome. I did not become pregnant that cycle. Had I been informed I would have asked to use a 2nd vial for the insemination to improve chance of results. The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] also forgot to order one of my genetic tests--or maybe the lab made the mistake--but it wasn't a big issue. I believe it was a test tailored for Ashkenazi Jews and I am not Jewish so it wasn't really a concern. They informed me of the issue and I appreciated their upfrontness.
2 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Took time to answer questions, comped an IUI where the doctor performing procedure did not communicate well. Made personal phone calls. Spent far more time than required talking with me and answering questions. Sensitive to my situation as a gay, single woman.
Take advantage of his willingness to answer questions.
Menopur and gonal-F for IVF.
Very helpful, some seemed more efficient at reading ultrasounds than others.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Lots of locations. Wish they had one in the Heights/central Houston. Surgical procedures went very smoothly and were not a source of stress.
I believe IVF was around $16k + meds, IUI around $3-4k + meds
Explained the two options, risk of multiples, percentage increase in success per attempt when using 2 embryos vs. benefit of preserving the 2nd embryo for a later attempt.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
The sperm vial for one of my IUIs had a number low enough to influence outcome. I did not become pregnant that cycle. Had I been informed I would have asked to use a 2nd vial for the insemination to improve chance of results. The clinic also forgot to order one of my genetic tests--or maybe the lab made the mistake--but it wasn't a big issue. I believe it was a test tailored for Ashkenazi Jews and I am not Jewish so it wasn't really a concern. They informed me of the issue and I appreciated their upfrontness.
Houston Office

7 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal...good bedside manner and very friendly. We are long into our journey and prefer blunt brutal honesty and Dr Griffith will give this if requested. I appreciate his openness to try new strategies and talk through articles I've read
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal [at Houston Fertility Institute]. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal...nursing staff really aren't too familiar with your history...just a couple times I was not phoned with results/ updates. These were always sent to my patient portal though...cost of a cycle is 13000 for ivf. This doesn't include meds
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
be clear on what you want when u go in and advocate for yourself
Monitoring the nurses didn't know anything about my history or treatment plan. Dr Griffith was the only one familiar with our case
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Feenandez)
nursing staff really aren't too familiar with your history
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
clinic is large and its easy to become just another patient but choose your doctor carefully. I like Dr Griffiths approach. I also like access to financial coordinator for explanation and my coordinator for detailed questions
cost of a cycle is 13000 for ivf. This doesn't include meds

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Griffith is very caring, open and honest through the entire process. He learns about you and your spouse and truly cares about your best interest.... My time has been a roller coaster. No fault to anyone. I have had a tubal pregnancy, twisted ovary, an unsuccessful transfer and I have not made it through to transfers. Each time, he has sat down with us, explained next steps and ensured we were okay. We have used numerous types of medications, shots and currently using a new injection of lupron.
Open, professional and caring staff [Houston Fertility Institute]. New building with warm atmosphere. Nursing staff is always there to answer questions day in and day out. Try to keep and open mind and listen to their recommendations. The nurse who draws your blood is very good, quick and efficient.... Overall everyone has been very professional, knowledgeable and caring.... I have spent well over $35000 in total costs throughout the years.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I could never go to any other doctor. He truly is there for you and your ultimate goal of having a family. He cares, checks in and goes above and beyond! I couldn’t say enough positive things about our time with Dr. Griffith.
Be open and honest. Listen to what he says and trust in him.
Overall everyone has been very professional, knowledgeable and caring.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Open, professional and caring staff. New building with warm atmosphere. Nursing staff is always there to answer questions day in and day out. Try to keep and open mind and listen to their recommendations. The nurse who draws your blood is very good, quick and efficient.
I have spent well over $35000 in total costs throughout the years.
He encouraged us to transfer one at a time.

2014 - 2017
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Griffin] is THE MOST compassionate doctor I've ever had. He was willing to take a chance on me (I'm classified as advanced maternal age) & try to make my dream of becoming a mother come true. He educated me on donor eggs, which my previous doctor did not, and was able to get me pregnant....Due to my severe lack of quality eggs, he informed me that I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant using my eggs. But, he was willing to give it 1 final try. It didn't work. Then he educated me on donor eggs. It worked!
They are wonderful! And with Houston being so large, it was nice to have options of where to go for appointments....I love this clinic! I was well educated from day 1 & feel that everyone there was my cheerleader. They celebrated my wins & also mourned my losses. Amazing group of care providers in a very sensitive field....[Monitoring Appointments] Super easy. In & out, usually within 15-30 minutes....[Nursing Staff] Love them all.
2014 - 2017
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is THE MOST compassionate doctor I've ever had. He was willing to take a chance on me (I'm classified as advanced maternal age) & try to make my dream of becoming a mother come true. He educated me on donor eggs, which my previous doctor did not, and was able to get me pregnant.
Be open & honest with him about your needs & he'll be your biggest cheerleader.
Love them all.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are wonderful! And with Houston being so large, it was nice to have options of where to go for appointments. My work took me all around Houston, so I've been to several of their offices for appointments that were convenient with my schedule.
Super easy. In & out, usually within 15-30 minutes.
$100,000+
He always follows proper protocol on this.