Available by cell phone
FellowshipNew York University Medical Center
Lower Manhattan
65 Broadway
718.736.2218
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jason Kofinas to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kofinas Fertility Group to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care...I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor...recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB. Nursing Staff
European, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care. We ended up not needing intervention to get pregnant but I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was very kind and patient. He took ample time with us to explain everything carefully and slowly and allowed me to ask any questions. He was very responsive via email when I would inevitably forget my questions!
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I first visited because I suspected I was not ovulating every cycle. Dr. Kofinas did a diagnostic workup and imaging and determined that I likely had endometriosis, PCOS and had a uterine polyp, all which could contribute to my abnormal cycles. After my first miscarriage I underwent surgery to remove the polyp and stage 2 endometriosis. I became pregnant again and had a second miscarriage. At this point Dr. Kofinas recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB.
I particularly remember Neil and Michelle, they were so friendly and helpful and treated me like a person (everyone did, I just remember their names).
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The office is very clean and has everything you'd need. My only slight complaint is that the exam rooms are a bit cramped (my husband often came with me and there wasn't much room for him to be in the room).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Staten Island

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
he [Dr. Jason Kofinas] made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is dedicated, compassionate, detailed, meticulous, and a problem solver. After 5 embryo transfer failures from my previous doctor and no answers as to the reasons why. I’ve consulted with a few doctors before meeting Dr. K. I provided them with my medical history and Dr. K immediately went to study them. From the results he made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss. It was as if it was his loss too. He offered to console, speak to me during my grieving and offered resources like counselors. He had answers to all my questions and plan for the future. Fast forward today, we had our second transfer and we’re in our second trimester, after 3 years of IVF, including all the procedures, stims, transfers, modified protocols, emotional roller coasters, Dr. K figured me out! We are finally in our second trimester and expecting our first baby in Nov. My husband and I are so thankful to him. I really felt Dr. K was part of my journey every step of the way. As a his patient I believe he goes above and beyond for me. He took on the challenge of a once defeated woman longing for a child and helped her make her dream come true.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas will go above and beyond to make sure you are successful. Trust his methods.
Because he and his staff knew me by my first name and who I was whenever I came for a visit in the clinic. Whenever I make a call over the phone, I felt like his staff knew my name. I felt like the office made me feel I was their friend. This was important to me as my previous fertility clinic I felt like a number and as if I was in a factory.
Due to my RIF, prior to IVF stims and transfer, Dr. Kofinas, performed hysteroscopy. He suspected hydrosalpinx and it was confirmed from a prior hsg result which may have been the cause of prior failures. I went for a procedure to disconnect my tube and while under the same procedure Dr. K also removed some endometriosis, with consent. For Stim, protocol included menopur, gonal f, ganirelex, HCG. Embryos were icsi and pgs tested. For transfer, he performed an NK test resulted in elevated NK cells. He incorporated prednisone and intralipids infusion every week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
Everyone was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths- personable, professional, willingness to get answers, will go above and beyond for patients, provides solutions outside the standard of care. Modern in treating patients while not compromising data based medicine. Weakness, sometimes wait can be long for monitoring. The Pre and Post retrieval recovery at Brooklyn location should be more comfortable. For my husband, the collection rooms should also be more comfortable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
You sign in and wait for your name to be called. Monitoring begins at 7am and is convenient for me before heading to the office
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.

PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] is a great communicator, great bedside manner...He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding...I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy...He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is a great communicator, great bedside manner and really knows everything about fertility. He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding.
Question all the medications if you are unsure why he's prescribing.
Jason and all the staff new my name, showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
Dr. Jason was very careful with me having PCOS as I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy. We used estrodial, Progesterone as well as pre-natals, folate, vitamin d and calcium. He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy. After my chemical pregnancy, he treated me for NK Cells with Steroids and Intralipid infusions - which is a controversial practice. I like that he was willing to take risks when we didn't know what the reason for the chemical pregnancy was.
The nurses all new my name. They were great about helping me order my meds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins. I enjoyed walking there through the park. They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic. I used to have to go to Brooklyn but they closed that office and are now in FIDI. I have not experienced the FIDI clinic.
Most was covered under insurance except for facility fees for transfer/retrieval and surgeries.
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
He would not transfer more than one embryo due to high risk with multiples. He also let me know the odds of pregnancy was not higher with transferring multiples if the embryos were PGS tested.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Brooklyn
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Jason Kofinas had a plan to slowly stimulate the ovaries and slowly grow he follicles so that to achieve as many mature follicles as possible without over stimulation. He also suggested that we don’t transfer more than one embryo at a time to aim at a single healthy pregnancy. He was definitely right about that since we ended up with a very healthy baby boy...was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was amazing. He is a knowledgeable doctor who provided us with the best course of treatment for our issues, he is professional, compassionate, a good communicator and a great doctor. He listened to our concerns and provided us with his treatment plans each and every step of the way. Made us feel involved in our treatment and made sure we understood what we were undergoing.
One piece of advice would be to never give up and to trust the treatments.
Dr. Kofinas was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
The entire nurse team was amazing. They always provided me with information, amazing care and treatment and made me feel comfortable in their office at all times.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is an amazing Fertility that is made up of an amazing team. I received care from Dr. Jason Kofinas and Dr. George Kofinas. They were professional and compassionate and provided me with the best care. The entire team at Kofinas Fertility is great to work with, very patient and absolutely lovely. During such a stressful time they provided me with support and information and gave me hope that I will achieve the baby I always dreamed of. They never made me feel rushed or pressured and always gave me the opportunity to ask questions and communicate my each and every concern. We are so pleased with their treatment and we look forward to going back for our second try.
A large portion of our treatments was covered by our insurance. The out of pocket costs were minuscule to the overall cost of IVF. I can’t complain about the 3K retrieval cost and $1,500 transfer cost. We were very lucky to have so much covered by insurance.
Dr. Jason Kofinas educated us on the risks involved with multiple embryo transfers. Risks that we didn’t know about. At first I was sure I wanted to have a twin pregnancy but now that we ended up transferring one healthy embryo and we ended up with one healthy baby boy, I couldn’t be happier with our decision.
Lower Manhattan