9.7

65 Broadway
718.736.2218
55 Central Park W

2021 - 2022, Successful
During our first meeting, he [Dr. Kofinas] listened to our story, let me cry and get it all out without interrupting or rushing us out of his office. Dr. Kofinas explained in detail, how he treats patients, the process and the steps involved. When I left the appointment, I felt super informed. We had a plan and literally hit the ground running the next day...He exudes calmness, peace and positivity during some of the most difficult times...
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Strengths: kind, patient and thoughtful staff that know you by name. During both monitoring appointments and even challenging surgeries, you feel like you have a friend by your side, who are rooting and cheering you on from the sidelines. Receptionist answer calls quickly and always make sure your question/issue is resolved. Both offices (55 Central Park West and 65 Broadway) are state of the art and kept pristine...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
With Dr. Kofinas, there’s no heir of superiority, arrogance or a godlike complex like I’ve experienced with other doctors. He exudes calmness, peace and positivity during some of the most difficult times. He’s business when necessary but you can have a laugh with him. He’s funny and makes you feel so comfortable. There could be 20 girls waiting for their monitoring appointment and he’ll still take the time to answer ALL of my questions (both reasonable and ridiculous). I could email me at anytime of the day and always received a response within 24 hours. He always made every attempt to work around my job (I’m a teacher) when scheduling procedures or appointments. Other than being the best at what he does, he made us feel like he was in our corner, cheering us on every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Listen to what he says and trusts his process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
When we first met Dr. Kofinas, my husband and I had just experienced a failed donor egg transfer from a previous doctor. We were absolutely devastated. It was the lowest point of our 3 year fertility journey. We both felt like we were running out of time, money and hope. When we met with Dr. Kofinas, I didn’t know what to expect. Part of me wasn’t expecting much because I’ve come to learn that IVF isn’t a guarantee. It’s a chance for a family. The other part of me was hoping he could make miracles happen. During our first meeting, he listened to our story, let me cry and get it all out without interrupting or rushing us out of his office. Dr. Kofinas explained in detail, how he treats patients, the process and the steps involved. When I left the appointment, I felt super informed. We had a plan and literally hit the ground running the next day.
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
1. Progesterone Oil Injection: 1.5 cc IM every morning 2. Progesterone Suppository: 1 suppository 2 times per day 3. Lovenox 40mg prefilled syringe: 2x a day 4. Estradiol 2 mg tablet: 4x a day (3 oral and I vaginal) 5. Prednisone: 10 mg tablet 2x a day 6. Metformin: 750 mg XR tablet 2x a day 7. Weekly Intralipid infusions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Haley Roche and Natalie Green )
Haley Roche Primary Nurse: smart, kind, compassionate, patient, loving, funny and gentle are the words that come to mind. One day I had a question about one of my medications. I called and she stayed on the phone with me for over an hour, explaining everything medication I’m taking, why I’m taking it, and what the next steps are. She was the calm to my storm. I’m overly anxious and worried, but I always knew I could email her with any thing and instantly I would be out to ease. During my last appointment, I sat in her office and cried my eyes out. I couldn’t put into words how much her level of care meant to my husband and I. She’s absolutely phenomenal at her job. Any patient that walks through the door is in the best of hands with Haley. Natalie Green Egg Donor Consultant: Before meeting Natalie and Dr. Kofinas, my husband and I spent 10 months and $40,000 using a 3rd party egg donor, only to end up with 0 viable embryos. Our former doctor provided us with no guidelines or support. It felt like a dirty and uncomfortable version of online dating. It was a complete waste of time, money and literally broke our hearts. During our first conversation with Natalie, she asked my husband and I to put together a “wish list” for our potential donor. It was such an incredible feeling to know that someone was helping us to find our perfect match. We weren’t looking through pages and pages of women or changing what we wanted so that we could find a suitable match. Within days, Natalie found us a match that checked off every box on our list. Natalie listened to what we wanted, explained the process and just kept reassuring us that we’re not alone and we’re going to find the perfect donor. The first time I saw a picture of our donor, it literally took my breath away. She was perfect in every way and I knew she was going to be the start of our family. Again, being overly anxious and scared I had so many concerns. Natalie just kept reassuring me that no matter, she’s got a PLAN B, we always have other choices and options and that our journey would continue until we were parents. That’s all I ever wanted to hear. That we still had a chance and that’s what Natalie gave us. We love her for that. .
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Donor egg purchase: $24,000 Copayments at monitoring appointments: $50.00 Copayments for surgery: $500.00
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
N/A we only had 1 embryo to transfer.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kofinas is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He made sure that he was the one to see me at all important appointments, and he answered my nervous emails, even in the evenings and on weekends... I felt like he was invested in helping me have a child...Because of issues fibroids and scar tissue in my uterus, Dr. Kofinas only recommended single embryo transfers.
The [Kofinas Fertility Group] clinic is clean, modern, new and organized. Justine at the front desk is kind, friendly, and welcoming. When you call the office, you feel comfortable and like someone is there to help you...All the nurses were kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. I felt like they all got to know me. They answered called in a timely manner, and they called with results each day. Instructions were always clear and written. The nurses were gentle and kind with difficult news and genuinely happy for me with good news.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He made sure that he was the one to see me at all important appointments, and he answered my nervous emails, even in the evenings and on weekends. I felt like he was invested in helping me have a child.
Be prepared for many tests and a lot of medication.
Dr. Jason Kofinas and his entire staff made a difficult fertility journey a wonderful experience. Dr. Kofinas is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He made sure that he was the one to see me at all important appointments, and he answered my nervous emails, even in the evenings and on weekends. The nurses take excellent care of you even on busy mornings. Their communication is consistent and timely, and instructions are always clear. Everyone was kind and sympathetic with difficult news and were genuinely happy to share positive news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is clean, modern, new and organized. Justine at the front desk is kind, friendly, and welcoming. When you call the office, you feel comfortable and like someone is there to help you. I would highly recommend the upper west side office.
Upper West Side

If your looking for a hand holding doctor, this is not the place for you. However, he [Dr. Jason Kofinas] does respond to emails and thoroughly answers all questions and concerns. Dr. Kofinas does use different protocols and considers suggestions that you may have within reason...is aggressive with medication protocol and tend to cancel multiple cycles for those poor responders or if you didn’t meet Doctors expectation Of follicle count. He is experienced and comes from a family that specializes in fertility, but if I had to do it over again. I would of gotten a second opinion before pursing a laparoscopic procedure.
Kofinas institute is aggressive with medication protocol and tend to cancel multiple cycles for those poor responders or if you didn’t meet Doctors expectation Of follicle count...Nurses were professional...It’s a family practice started by George Kofinas. They have several locations, one in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island. Other than infertility they do specialize in Endometriosis, hydrosalphinx and laparoscopic procedures ect... Kofinas fertility institute is costly with or without medical insurAnce. They charge an additional facility fee of 3500 that all insurances do not cover.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is knowledgeable and brutally honest. If your looking for a hand holding doctor, this is not the place for you. However, he does respond to emails and thoroughly answers all questions and concerns. Dr. Kofinas does use different protocols and considers suggestions that you may have within reason. Kofinas institute is aggressive with medication protocol and tend to cancel multiple cycles for those poor responders or if you didn’t meet Doctors expectation Of follicle count. He is experienced and comes from a family that specializes in fertility, but if I had to do it over again. I would of gotten a second opinion before pursing a laparoscopic procedure.
Make sure you do your own research and pay attention to your body when taking the medication. I found that Dr. Kofinas had a standard protocol for meds and In the beginning i didn’t feel that the regime was personalized. Keep a record of your sonograms with medications that were prescribed. You will learn what doesn’t work for your body.
Nurses were professional.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I would spend about an hour at then clinic.
It is not affordable and there are additional cost.
Dr. Kofinas was open to both.
Brooklyn Center

Dr. Kofinas will give it to you straight about what’s possible for you and your body...He always gave me options. I never really felt like a doctor/patient relationship because it was more like a team of amazing specialists working together for one goal. My experience with Dr. Jason was amazing and I would recommend him and the facility to anyone who is interested in their services... As a patient I felt well cared for and valued. Dr. Jason was alway kind, patient and professional and compassionate. He was honest about expectations and focused on the best possible outcome for me and my situation.
I think the facility [Kofinas Fertility Group] is very modern. It’s welcoming and doesn’t feel cold and sterile. Often times I would be so relaxed I would rest my eyes while waiting for my exam. There’s good music in the waiting room, the artwork is unique and the equipment seems high tech. I was very pleased. There are a ton of assorted magazines to hold your interest but you won’t be waiting long enough to get through one articl
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Well I’m just going to repeat what I wrote previously. As a patient I felt well cared for and valued. Dr. Jason was alway kind, patient and professional and compassionate. He was honest about expectations and focused on the best possible outcome for me and my situation. He always made sure that I understood what was happening and what the next steps would be. He is a very skilled professional who cares about his patients safety and well being through this emotional roller coaster ride. I felt completely safe in good hands the entire way.
I would tell a prospective client to relinquish your ideas about control. Dr. Kofinas will give it to you straight about what’s possible for you and your body just be open to trusting in him, the staff and the process.
I was always treated like a person with Dr. Jason and the entire staff. In fact, they feel more like extended family these days. He was always patient and kind and answered all of my questions on the phone, in person via email. Every step of the way he explained everything in a manner that was easy to comprehend. He always gave me options. I never really felt like a doctor/patient relationship because it was more like a team of amazing specialists working together for one goal. My experience with Dr. Jason was amazing and I would recommend him and the facility to anyone who is interested in their services.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!They each knew my name and were friendly. We often times chatted about other things and it really helped to lighten things up. They were always helpful and professional and most important kind.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I think the facility is very modern. It’s welcoming and doesn’t feel cold and sterile. Often times I would be so relaxed I would rest my eyes while waiting for my exam. There’s good music in the waiting room, the artwork is unique and the equipment seems high tech. I was very pleased. There are a ton of assorted magazines to hold your interest but you won’t be waiting long enough to get through one article.
I don’t recall the specific break down of most but I think PGS testing $5,000 retrieval $3500 storage

2021, Consult
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] was friendly and was very open to working around our insurance difficulties...He worked with us around dietary and behavior changes to increase sperm count, and provided me with the testing I needed to see if the fertility issues we had could be explained...responsive to our questions, good treatment but went 3 times and only got some of the more pressing information later on...
They [Kofinas Fertility Group] advertise as LGBTQ friendly, and I think everyone there is nice, but they weren't really prepared to work with a trans couple. They were very open to working on our suggestions however. When we needed a more informed physician were were given one quickly...He [Dr. Kofinas] referred me to testing facilities that took my medicaid, there was a pretty hefty cost for sperm testing even with insurance - I think 200 per test...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Jason was referred to working with us after we were with a different clinician who wasn't knowledgeable about trans issues. He was friendly and was very open to working around our insurance difficulties. The office was open to working with us and addressing some of the gender essentializing forms, but we were definitely having to do a lot of work to explain what we needed.
Jason is very nice and was helpful, my advice would be to make sure immediately that you are connected to a trans informed provider, as everyone there was 'nice' but our first provider said a lot of things that made it difficult to build trust
He was friendly and responsive to our questions, good treatment but went 3 times and only got some of the more pressing information later on
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They advertise as LGBTQ friendly, and I think everyone there is nice, but they weren't really prepared to work with a trans couple. They were very open to working on our suggestions however. When we needed a more informed physician were were given one quickly
He referred me to testing facilities that took my medicaid, there was a pretty hefty cost for sperm testing even with insurance - I think 200 per test

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas is super professional, compassionnate, knowledgeable, and kind. At my initial meeting with him, he listened to my medical history and my struggles with fertility. I truely felt understood and heard. He said to me , "We will make this happen"...I received personalized treatment and protocal to deal with my conditions. I was not given the same protocal as the patient before me. Dr. Jason Kofinas explained very treatment and made changes as he thought were beneficial to my treatment.
The nurses [at Kofinas] are super nice and accommodating. They always maded sure that I understood all of the instructions and that I had all of my medication needed. I was a early patient in the office and they always took me in even before office hours. They are all very kind and pleasant. They always made me feel welcome...The moment you walk in, you feel welcome. Its very clean and organized. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have 3 facilities. The Central Park West only provides check up. No medical procedures done there. The only weaknesses is parking is a little bit difficult in all facility.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is super professional, compassionnate, knowledgeable, and kind. At my initial meeting with him, he listened to my medical history and my struggles with fertility. I truely felt understood and heard. He said to me , "We will make this happen". I'm finally pregnant! I started this journal 5 years ago. Dr. Jason Kofinas was my third doctor and third facility that I received treatment in. I'm forever grateful for my miracle!!!
Just trust and believe in him. He is brilliant and so knowlegeable in his field.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses are super nice and accommodating. They always maded sure that I understood all of the instructions and that I had all of my medication needed. I was a early patient in the office and they always took me in even before office hours. They are all very kind and pleasant. They always made me feel welcome.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is wonderful. The moment you walk in, you feel welcome. Its very clean and organized. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have 3 facilities. The Central Park West only provides check up. No medical procedures done there. The only weaknesses is parking is a little bit difficult in all facility.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Jason [Kofinas] was available at any time to answer questions and never gave up...was able to give a diagnosis after hearing unexplained infertility. He said I have immunologic issues and he was prepared to make a personalized protocol to help me...used Menopur, Gonal to stimulate follicle growth and cetrotide. During the transfer process Dr Jason used Lupron, estrogen and progesterone. For immunologic purposes intralipid infusions, Neupogen, lovenox, plaquenil and tacrolimus...
At this office [Kofinas Fertility Group] it’s nice to be able to see the same doctor and nurses. It was nice being able to create a relationship and having them know your name and not just another person. Mornings are busy at the office...The nurses were available to answer questions in office and via email. Very knowledgable and able to hep....
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Jason sat down with me to go over my testing results and was able to give a diagnosis after hearing unexplained infertility. He said I have immunologic issues and he was prepared to make a personalized protocol to help me.
Do not give up and trust in the process
Dr Jason was available at any time to answer questions and never gave up
During the egg retrieval process Dr Jason used Menopur, Gonal to stimulate follicle growth and cetrotide. During the transfer process Dr Jason used Lupron, estrogen and progesterone. For immunologic purposes intralipid infusions, Neupogen, lovenox, plaquenil and tacrolimus.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
At this office it’s nice to be able to see the same doctor and nurses. It was nice being able to create a relationship and having them know your name and not just another person. Mornings are busy at the office
They worked with insurance but had facility fees and pgs testing is not covered by insurance
Single embryo transfer after pgs testing is safer for both the mother and baby because the risk of multiple is reduced
Upper West Side

He [Dr. Kofinas] immediately made me feel comfortable and walked me through the initial process to access my case. He was amazing through every step when it came to failed cycles and discussing different approaches to try and get me pregnant. He was always available to answer my question and fears...Dr. Jason Kofinas explained my diagnosis and treatment plan to me thoroughly. Took his time, was always available to answer my concerns and really put me at ease during a difficult time in our lives...
The staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was always pleasant and the wait times were never too long. They always explained the medications and what I would expect throughout my visits. I always felt like my concerns were heard and addressed...He [Dr. Kofinas] was amazing through every step when it came to failed cycles and discussing different approaches to try and get me pregnant. He was always available to answer my question and fears
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
From the moment I met Dr. Kofinas at my initial consultation I knew I was in the right hands. He immediately made me feel comfortable and walked me through the initial process to access my case. He was amazing through every step when it came to failed cycles and discussing different approaches to try and get me pregnant. He was always available to answer my question and fears. He held our hands through the toughest times in our lives and made us feel like we could get through it. I am blessed to have my baby girl with his help and expertise. I would recommend Dr. Jason Kofinas to anyone struggling to have a child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Cristina)
C
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The staff was always pleasant and the wait times were never too long. They always explained the medications and what I would expect throughout my visits. I always felt like my concerns were heard and addressed.

2019, 15 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Jason Kofinas stood out for me in a large way. A wonderful, warm, knowledgeable physician- a human (!)- who always made me feel that I could ask questions and inquire as much about my treatment as I needed to. He was responsive, understanding, pragmatic, realistic...with excellent bedside manner. A talented physician...a true doc. I was very happy with my treatment. ... I have immense respect for this physician... I find him a true talent in what he does- and, am immensely grateful to him. He is kind, compassionate, understanding, reasonable, and soft in his approach while covering all of the necessary information. ...
Kind staff, organized; they know what they are doing. The clinic is clean, well-kept. I was seen in an overall timely manner (keeping in mind that I had to rush to work each time). I felt well-directed and taken care of. ... [nursing staff] Warm, kind, understanding, able to explain the protocol thoroughly. ... Egg Freezing, total with anesthesia- 5,800.00. Medications roughly 3,000 (if not covered by insurance).
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
As I wrote in the previous section- please refer to that. I have immense respect for this physician... I find him a true talent in what he does- and, am immensely grateful to him. He is kind, compassionate, understanding, reasonable, and soft in his approach while covering all of the necessary information.
Ask for him...
I am a physician- with my background, Dr. Jason Kofinas stood out for me in a large way. A wonderful, warm, knowledgeable physician- a human (!)- who always made me feel that I could ask questions and inquire as much about my treatment as I needed to. He was responsive, understanding, pragmatic, realistic...with excellent bedside manner. A talented physician...a true doc. I was very happy with my treatment.
Balancing out rigor of treatment (and how injections would affect my body) vs trying to obtain as many mature eggs as possible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Warm, kind, understanding, able to explain the protocol thoroughly.
Overall very well run.

2022, Successful
appreciated his [Dr. Kofinas] honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc...he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day...
Plenty of nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call...They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
During the consultation and f/u meetings he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day! You can email him for pretty much anything related to IVF and he almost always replied back by the end of the day. I also appreciated his honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc. It is very obvious he actually enjoys what he is doing, trying to help every individual/couple going through infertility issues. You can tell it is his passion and he will try everything he can to have a successful outcome. That in return provides hope and trust in the patient that they are receiving the very best fertility care that is available.
Be prepared and patient for a potentially long IVF journey. Dr. Kofinas ensures your body is at optimal health before even doing the egg retrieval and FET and that can mean stretching out into months before actually even doing any procedure. In my case I had uterine fibroid that need to be removed and then reoccurring bouts of endometritis that had to be treated before he even proceeded with the FET.
Dr. Kofinas has excellent bedside manners. Always came in with a smile and cheerful greeting even on the mornings when the office was swamped w/patients. He took the time to answer even the simplest questions. He even tries to have small talk with you despite having to see so many other patients. Always made me feel as if he was approachable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Nurses tried their best to keep the steady flow of patients moving along during the morning monitoring. There was always a nurse ready to come in to draw your blood and afterwards answer any questions related to your plan. I also appreciated that they were also accessible by email and always called you back by the end of the day. It was difficult for them to call you back during the day but I always got a call back before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
On the forefront using the most modern technology and available treatment plans for fertility concerns. Plenty of nurses to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call (nurse). There is reason why Kofinas Fertility is one of the top fertility practices not only in NYC but nationwide. They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long. The longest I had to wait was at most 45 minutes and the time goes by quick bc their office offers complimentary wifi.
Efficient well-oiled machine.
I had Progyny benefits so most of my fertility treatment was covered. Although at their Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center where they perform all of their fertility related treatments and other gynecological procedures expect to pay an out-of-pocket $3,500 fee depending on whether or not your insurance is in network w/them. My insurance was not in network and I had to pay the fee anytime I had a procedure including removal of uterine fibroid.
He is opened to both although he would prefer eSET.

2022, Successful
Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments...Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid...he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease...he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later...
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything...Excellent nurses!..the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I was having trouble getting pregnant naturally and wanted to make sure everything was ok with my body. I went with different opinions of doctors and finally decided to see Dr. Kofinos because I wanted to be seen by the best. When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid. I was sooooo nervous about having the surgery! But after he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease. I booked appointment for the surgery and he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later. I was I’m utter shock! Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed.
Trust his advice and protocols. If you are unsure, he is only an email away.
Dr. Kofinos was asked me what my family goals were and explained in detail the steps I should take to reach desired goals. He also gave me options so I feel comfortable. Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments.
Prior to surgery, I was given clear directions and it was easy to follow.
Excellent nurses!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything. For example, I didn't know which prenatal vitamin were best and they were able to recommend the best one.
My health insurance covered majority of my bills. I had Co-payments.
Lower Manhattan

Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care...I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor...recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB. Nursing Staff
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group]. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care. We ended up not needing intervention to get pregnant but I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor.
Dr. Kofinas was very kind and patient. He took ample time with us to explain everything carefully and slowly and allowed me to ask any questions. He was very responsive via email when I would inevitably forget my questions!
I first visited because I suspected I was not ovulating every cycle. Dr. Kofinas did a diagnostic workup and imaging and determined that I likely had endometriosis, PCOS and had a uterine polyp, all which could contribute to my abnormal cycles. After my first miscarriage I underwent surgery to remove the polyp and stage 2 endometriosis. I became pregnant again and had a second miscarriage. At this point Dr. Kofinas recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I particularly remember Neil and Michelle, they were so friendly and helpful and treated me like a person (everyone did, I just remember their names).
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The office is very clean and has everything you'd need. My only slight complaint is that the exam rooms are a bit cramped (my husband often came with me and there wasn't much room for him to be in the room).
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Just once, when I was waiting to start on Metformin there was an issue getting the order to my pharmacy so I had to call the Dr. on call to re-issue the order because I was about to travel for a week.
Staten Island

he [Dr. Jason Kofinas] made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss.
Everyone [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is dedicated, compassionate, detailed, meticulous, and a problem solver. After 5 embryo transfer failures from my previous doctor and no answers as to the reasons why. I’ve consulted with a few doctors before meeting Dr. K. I provided them with my medical history and Dr. K immediately went to study them. From the results he made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss. It was as if it was his loss too. He offered to console, speak to me during my grieving and offered resources like counselors. He had answers to all my questions and plan for the future. Fast forward today, we had our second transfer and we’re in our second trimester, after 3 years of IVF, including all the procedures, stims, transfers, modified protocols, emotional roller coasters, Dr. K figured me out! We are finally in our second trimester and expecting our first baby in Nov. My husband and I are so thankful to him. I really felt Dr. K was part of my journey every step of the way. As a his patient I believe he goes above and beyond for me. He took on the challenge of a once defeated woman longing for a child and helped her make her dream come true.
Dr. Kofinas will go above and beyond to make sure you are successful. Trust his methods.
Because he and his staff knew me by my first name and who I was whenever I came for a visit in the clinic. Whenever I make a call over the phone, I felt like his staff knew my name. I felt like the office made me feel I was their friend. This was important to me as my previous fertility clinic I felt like a number and as if I was in a factory.
Due to my RIF, prior to IVF stims and transfer, Dr. Kofinas, performed hysteroscopy. He suspected hydrosalpinx and it was confirmed from a prior hsg result which may have been the cause of prior failures. I went for a procedure to disconnect my tube and while under the same procedure Dr. K also removed some endometriosis, with consent. For Stim, protocol included menopur, gonal f, ganirelex, HCG. Embryos were icsi and pgs tested. For transfer, he performed an NK test resulted in elevated NK cells. He incorporated prednisone and intralipids infusion every week.
Everyone was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths- personable, professional, willingness to get answers, will go above and beyond for patients, provides solutions outside the standard of care. Modern in treating patients while not compromising data based medicine. Weakness, sometimes wait can be long for monitoring. The Pre and Post retrieval recovery at Brooklyn location should be more comfortable. For my husband, the collection rooms should also be more comfortable.
You sign in and wait for your name to be called. Monitoring begins at 7am and is convenient for me before heading to the office
Upper West Side
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] is a great communicator, great bedside manner...He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding...I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy...He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy.
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] were great about helping me order my meds...The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins...They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic...[staff] showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is a great communicator, great bedside manner and really knows everything about fertility. He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding.
Question all the medications if you are unsure why he's prescribing.
Jason and all the staff new my name, showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
Dr. Jason was very careful with me having PCOS as I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy. We used estrodial, Progesterone as well as pre-natals, folate, vitamin d and calcium. He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy. After my chemical pregnancy, he treated me for NK Cells with Steroids and Intralipid infusions - which is a controversial practice. I like that he was willing to take risks when we didn't know what the reason for the chemical pregnancy was.
The nurses all new my name. They were great about helping me order my meds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins. I enjoyed walking there through the park. They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic. I used to have to go to Brooklyn but they closed that office and are now in FIDI. I have not experienced the FIDI clinic.
Most was covered under insurance except for facility fees for transfer/retrieval and surgeries.
He would not transfer more than one embryo due to high risk with multiples. He also let me know the odds of pregnancy was not higher with transferring multiples if the embryos were PGS tested.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I've had a few times the clinic called my old pharmacy.
Upper West Side
Dr. Jason Kofinas had a plan to slowly stimulate the ovaries and slowly grow he follicles so that to achieve as many mature follicles as possible without over stimulation. He also suggested that we don’t transfer more than one embryo at a time to aim at a single healthy pregnancy. He was definitely right about that since we ended up with a very healthy baby boy...was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was amazing. He is a knowledgeable doctor who provided us with the best course of treatment for our issues, he is professional, compassionate, a good communicator and a great doctor. He listened to our concerns and provided us with his treatment plans each and every step of the way. Made us feel involved in our treatment and made sure we understood what we were undergoing.
One piece of advice would be to never give up and to trust the treatments.
Dr. Kofinas was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
The entire nurse team was amazing. They always provided me with information, amazing care and treatment and made me feel comfortable in their office at all times.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is an amazing Fertility that is made up of an amazing team. I received care from Dr. Jason Kofinas and Dr. George Kofinas. They were professional and compassionate and provided me with the best care. The entire team at Kofinas Fertility is great to work with, very patient and absolutely lovely. During such a stressful time they provided me with support and information and gave me hope that I will achieve the baby I always dreamed of. They never made me feel rushed or pressured and always gave me the opportunity to ask questions and communicate my each and every concern. We are so pleased with their treatment and we look forward to going back for our second try.
A large portion of our treatments was covered by our insurance. The out of pocket costs were minuscule to the overall cost of IVF. I can’t complain about the 3K retrieval cost and $1,500 transfer cost. We were very lucky to have so much covered by insurance.
Dr. Jason Kofinas educated us on the risks involved with multiple embryo transfers. Risks that we didn’t know about. At first I was sure I wanted to have a twin pregnancy but now that we ended up transferring one healthy embryo and we ended up with one healthy baby boy, I couldn’t be happier with our decision.

2022, Successful
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT...Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring...If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away...
At Kofinas, I never felt like a number. The whole process ran smoothly, obtaining my medications was easy & all my questions were answered. If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away! I wasn’t used to that. As I mentioned before, I switched over from another facility & I was amazed with the level of treatment from my very first day at Kofinas...nursing staff was wonderful!...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was nothing less than AMAZING! Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring. I began my journey with another establishment and was no longer happy with the facility. I was losing hope in the process. A friend suggested I make an appointment Dr. Jason Kofinas. Her exact words were, “He’s The Godfather of Fertility” lol. I was so worried changing facilities & putting my trust into a new doctor after the experience I had already endured. However Dr. Jason reassured me that I was in the right place. He answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT. I waited so long to hear those words. Thank you Dr. Jason & the whole team! You gave us hope & a beautiful miracle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!