Medical SchoolDes Moines U
ResidencyMadigan Healthcare System
2817 Reilly Rd
Fort Bragg, NC 28307
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jason Parker to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Womack Army Medical Center to a friend?
Our very first visit I felt like he [Dr. Parker] genuinely took his time to listen to all of our concerns and he really looked into every possibility for my husband and I. The second time I talked with him was over the phone after hours. He was explaining some results from a test my husband had done. He stayed on the phone with me for what felt like forever and really educated me on my options and really listened to me as I was an emotional mess.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
We are still in the process of treatment and haven’t had a ton of experiences with Dr. Parker but those we have had have been great. I love the time he takes with us and is really good at calming my nerves with explaining the best course of treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Our very first visit I felt like he genuinely took his time to listen to all of our concerns and he really looked into every possibility for my husband and I. The second time I talked with him was over the phone after hours. He was explaining some results from a test my husband had done. He stayed on the phone with me for what felt like forever and really educated me on my options and really listened to me as I was an emotional mess.
Describe the protocols Jason Parker used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
After the testing process, dr Parker highly recommended my husband and I invest our time and money into IVF due to my husbands low sperm count, low motility, and morphology. I was hesitant at first so Dr. Parker was open to trying different medications and possibly IUI. He was very bold in saying that he would be willing to try these things with us but he worries we would be wasting time and money. He thought our only way to have a decent chance at getting pregnant would be to start IVF. I agreed. The first step was a water ultrasound where they found a fibroid. Because of this, they scheduled me for a hysteroscopy which I will be getting done in the next week. Unfortunately our Dr. Parker is not available so they have scheduled me with Dr. Conway for the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Every single person we have come in contact with has been amazing. The nursing staff at this clinic is so great!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It is usually pretty hard to get a hold of the person you need to talk to on the first call. Most of the time you have to leave a message and wait for a return call. Though this is frustrating, it is slightly comforting to know that they are such a popular and loved clinic that they are so busy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center.
We were told that upfront cost to start our IVF with ICSI was about $10,000 and that with the medications and other “possible” costs it would run us anywhere from $13,000-$18,500
Utah Fertility Center
Pleasant Grove
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Parker was thorough and kind. He was proactive and made me feel important. He made me feel as though my infertility was important to him as well as me. Dr. Parker was always pushing for further testing and made sure all procedures, tests etc. were done correctly and that I fully understood the outcomes. He performed a surgery on me as well as my fertility treatments and I left the surgery feeling positive and relieved. I ALWAYS knew I was in good hands.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Be positive, patient, and ask questions. Dr. Parker was always more than willing to sit and answer every question I had.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Jason Parker and his entire team (especially Dorian Eldridge) went above and beyond to explain things, understand my feelings, show compassion, talk about the future, the past etc. They were personal, friendly and just amazing.
Describe the protocols Jason Parker used in your cycles at Womack Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I do not remember the specific medications we used for each IVF cycle. However, after my unsuccessful IVF cycle, we did change meds. We also used ICSI and I ended up having more eggs fertilized which lead to me implanting 2 (live birth) and freezing 4.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dorian Eldridge)
Dori was amazing. I literally cannot say enough great things about her. She made me feel like I was important and she was invested in the outcome of my treatment. After graduating from the RE, I was sad that I no longer got to see Dori.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Getting referred to the RE through the military system was kind of a pain. But once I was there I was well taken care of. I never had a wait, or issues getting appointments, tests and procedures were flexible and easy to schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center.
All procedures performed at Womack were covered by TriCare insurance. We received some meds from the office for free as well. Meds that we had to purchase were under $100 total. The IVF procedures were done at an offsite fertility clinic and the full retrieval and transfer without ICSI and assisted hatching were about $4000, with ICSI, AH, and embryo storage for a year we spent close to $10,000.
Describe Jason Parker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Womack Army Medical Center.
Dr. Parker was very supportive of my wants to transfer 2 embryos for each cycle. He never pushed me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with and fully explained risks of multiples etc.
2006 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
He [Dr. Jason Parker] is calm and kind. He listens well and when I was sad and frustrated he showed compassion and meant it. He made sure I was seen until I felt comfortable. He suggested tests never to make more money, but to genuinely find out why I kept miscarrying...He always asked what I wanted and ultimately guided and supported gently. He took time for me even when I didn’t have an appointment. He is super!
2006 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Dr. Parker is a gentle giant. He is calm and kind. He listens well and when I was sad and frustrated he showed compassion and meant it. He made sure I was seen until I felt comfortable. He suggested tests never to make more money, but to genuinely find out why I kept miscarrying.
See him. You will not regret it.
Dr. Parker listens well. He’s kind, caring and understanding. He always asked what I wanted and ultimately guided and supported gently. He took time for me even when I didn’t have an appointment. He is super!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dori)
Dori was made for this job. She has everything under control. She coordinates and schedules. She calls and informs. She gives the best hugs. She is there for all the procedures. Dori rocks!
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
It’s at WAMC. You have to be military or a dependent. Getting an appointment is a bit hard because they are busy. But once you’re seen you’re set. I went there from 2006 to 2016. They’ve grown and added doctors. I can’t speak for the other doctors as I have only seen Doc P
IVF w/ ICSI and PGD ran about $14000. FET about $5000. Not including meds.
Dr. Parker is father of triplets. He always suggested to transfer one. I pushed for more because I wanted a baby so bad. He let me try once with two. I miscarried both of them.
Fort Bragg
Dr. Parker has done a great job in setting out a great plan for us. Initially we came in expecting IVF with ICSI right away and he went ahead and let us try some IUIs. Even though they weren't successful we are grateful that he didn't jump to the most extreme option instantly.... Be prepared to see Dr. Parker or one of his 3 under-doctors at the clinic. All of them are wonderful
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
He has a compassionate heart and takes the time to answer all questions
All of the nursing staff is great in their own ways. Dori is the IVF coordinator and though sometimes she makes you feel a little rushed she always returns calls, emails, and text promptly and shows concern when needed. Natalie is less personable than the rest of the staff but once you meet her a few times her bluntness is less harsh. And Stephanie is a blessing. She is always smiling, takes time to talk about things other than treatments (gets to know you!) and just provides a warm environment.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Strengths: great cost, clean facility, wonderful at communicating Weaknesses: weird IVF cycles (just 4 times a year), odd hours and days off (due to being on a military base)
IUI- $220 IVF with ICSI- $8,300 Embryo Freezinf- $1,000
What specific things went wrong at Womack Army Medical Center?