OB/GYN Associates of WNY

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolGeorge Washington
ResidencyTulane
FellowshipWayne State
3050 Orchard Park Rd
West Seneca, NY 14224
716-675-5222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jay Bolnick to a friend?
Neutral: 20%Don't recommend: 80%4.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend OB/GYN Associates of WNY to a friend?
During my IVF cycl [with Dr. Jay Bolnick] I was monitored every few days through ultrasound and advised to drink a lot of fluids and consume extra protein. I don’t really feel that he used any special protocols. Just basic IVF meds and monitoring...He took the time to explain at consultation and procedures but when I was having issues for baselines for frozen embryo transfer there were issues that weren’t addressed and when I tried to call the office I never received calls back.
How was your experience with Jay Bolnick at OB/GYN Associates of WNY?
Dr Bolnick explained things fairly well at consultation and when we proceeded with IVF The retrieval went smoothly. I was disappointed that we only had 2 embryos frozen out of 13 retrieved and were unable to do a fresh transfer. When I returned to the office for baseline testing, there were issues with lining thickness and I was unable to go forward with frozen embryo transfer for 3 months in a row. I attempted to address the issues and figure out what we could do to move forward and got no response in several occasions from the dr or nurses
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jay Bolnick at OB/GYN Associates of WNY?
Stay on top of your treatment and keep pushing for answers if you don’t get a response
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jay Bolnick at OB/GYN Associates of WNY?
Describe the protocols Jay Bolnick used in your cycles at OB/GYN Associates of WNY and their degree of success.
During my IVF cycle I was monitored every few days through ultrasound and advised to drink a lot of fluids and consume extra protein. I don’t really feel that he used any special protocols. Just basic IVF meds and monitoring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OB/GYN Associates of WNY.
The nurse I was assigned was great at keeping in touch and helping with my care. Unfortunately, she left he lractice midway through my cycle and they did not have a replacement, leaving me with unanswered questions and concerns
Describe your experience with OB/GYN Associates of WNY.
I was happy with my care at this clinic up until the point the infertility nurse left the practice mid-cycle and months passed by without an adequate replacement. I’ve heard they hired a new fertility nurse since but I decided to transfer my care elsewhere after months of not getting answers about issues with treatment
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at OB/GYN Associates of WNY.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled very early in the morning (usually before 7am) which was slightly inconvenient but there was usually no or very little wait unpin arrival
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jay Bolnick at OB/GYN Associates of WNY.
My insurance covered monitoring and blood work cost but did not cover the cost of IVF procedure. From what I have heard his cost is in he lower side for IVF but I never researched or compared pricing
Describe Jay Bolnick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at OB/GYN Associates of WNY.
I didn’t speak with him about this so don’t have any comments either way in this topic
What specific things went wrong at OB/GYN Associates of WNY?
West Seneca
There was always long waiting times in the office [OBGYN Associates of WNY], doctor [Bolnick] was always in hurry with other things to do...Doctor was a nice person, made little jokes to ease any awkwardness during iui. However, it was always a long wait when it came to seeing him, he talked somewhat fast and seemed to be in a hurry with a lot of other things to take care of. So I wouldn’t ask many questions. I’d call the office at a later day with any questions I may have.
How was your experience with Jay Bolnick at OB/GYN Associates of WNY?
Take time with your patients, show interest in them and the struggle they are facing, don’t make them feel like they are on a time limit when it’s their time to see you and ask questions.
There was always long waiting times in the office, doctor was always in hurry with other things to do.
I used oral fertility meds for a while before switching to follistim. I used provera to bring on a period. Then started on a high dose of follistim for the first time. Which created to many follicles, overstimulation and a canceled cycle. The next cycle we did a low and slow procedure which produced a couple good sized follicles. Did an iui procedure, got a neg pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OB/GYN Associates of WNY. (Assigned nurse: Rose )
She was nice, she seemed to have too much on her plate and couldn’t keep up. She always seemed a little stressed when asked questions and it was playing phone tag to get answers.
Describe your experience with OB/GYN Associates of WNY.
The clinic is overall very busy. Waiting times are long and everything seems rushed. The nurses and doctor always have a lot to tend to so you never know what’s next. The doctor is fun. Makes little jokes to ease any akwardness and the nurse is nice and makes you feel more as a friend then patient.
$100 each follicle scan. $150 for consultation. $300 for IUI
What specific things went wrong at OB/GYN Associates of WNY?
How was your experience with Jay Bolnick at OB/GYN Associates of WNY?
Dr Bolnick is a good doctor. He wants the best for his patients and he will go the mile to help them out. One of the biggest downfalls is the wait to be seen. I have waited over a half hour past my appointment sometimes to be seen. Overall he is a great Dr and his staff is WONDERFUL.
Have patience while waiting to be seen.
The care team are great. They will call me to check how I am doing and they know all about me and ask me each time about something we had talked about prior. They care about their patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OB/GYN Associates of WNY. (Assigned nurse: Susan Joseph )
They all care and want the same thing for me.